8.1

1. Feb 18, 2014
    cool one liners, fun weapons and some of the best level design in FPS history, that's all a game needs to be good to me, also with the new multiplayer game modes, its a lot of fun with friends, and its cheap.
  2. Sep 19, 2013
    Take note that I am a fan of 'modern shooters' This game is great. It is really creative, with lots of hidden areas, much effort was made to put Duke in recognisable environments and crammed full of cultural references. The gameplay is fun run and gun style, what I like most about the gameplay is the varied weapon types and the flippin' jetpack!!!!! A very funny game with lots of charm,Take note that I am a fan of 'modern shooters' This game is great. It is really creative, with lots of hidden areas, much effort was made to put Duke in recognisable environments and crammed full of cultural references. The gameplay is fun run and gun style, what I like most about the gameplay is the varied weapon types and the flippin' jetpack!!!!! A very funny game with lots of charm, although some of the puzzles are solid and most people must have been unable to complete the game when it was first released. Expand
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    A 15 year old game that exceeds the fun that modern games provide? YES! 3D Realms shooter is absolutely fantastic in both single player and multiplayer. The single player campaign features 4 episodes with over 24 levels of intense action.
  4. Aug 3, 2011
    This is everything that low brow humor stands for. Everything I could want in a first person humor as dated as it is, it's still worth every dang penny you pay for it!
  5. Jun 15, 2011
    It's been so long since I've played this on my PC, and it's such a breath of fresh air. I originally purchased this game back in 2009 and never reviewed it, until I realized how devastatingly bad DNF is. For starters, this game, is a classic. Along with DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D was a game I grew up with, and seeing it make it's way onto the XBox so well, and have great controls and someIt's been so long since I've played this on my PC, and it's such a breath of fresh air. I originally purchased this game back in 2009 and never reviewed it, until I realized how devastatingly bad DNF is. For starters, this game, is a classic. Along with DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D was a game I grew up with, and seeing it make it's way onto the XBox so well, and have great controls and some replay value despite being a hardcore SP game at the core of it, DN3D does have some replayability with the Multiplayer (even though some people are down right God like at the game). The game also features modes that let you record and watch multiplayer, and singleplayer runs, and I actually, for once, found myself competing on the leaderboards, which usually I ignore on the 360 due to cheaters but aren't present on these leaderboards, reason being, you can watch their speed runs over to make sure they AREN'T cheating. Now, despite all that, how's the overall game? It's phonemenal, exactly how I remember it. This game, unlike most others has aged severely well, and next time Gearbox makes a Duke Nukem game, rather than picking up where 3D Realms or Triptych left off, they should just make the next installment a little less like DNF, and more like DN3D. If you want a fun, classic, that'll last you a good few weeks+ from a $10 arcade game, I wouldn't look any further, than Duke Nukem 3D. Expand
  6. SamuelL
    Nov 14, 2008
    As it turns out, FPS Master is the only one who believes that this is a cheesy Doom clone/rip off. Duke Nukem 3D revolutionized the FPS genre and provided a stepladder for future FPS games. Only Quake would surpass DN3D years later. Yet, this game seems as ground-breaking on the XBOX360 as it did when it was released for the PC.
  7. DylanR
    Nov 12, 2008
    One of the best shooters of its time and still holds its place today. This game helped define the FPS genre with its astounding features. It was one of the first FPS games to feature reloading, breakable walls, and a talking character, especially one with some funny catch phrases. The game still holds its amazing charm playing through single player and with the new addition of online One of the best shooters of its time and still holds its place today. This game helped define the FPS genre with its astounding features. It was one of the first FPS games to feature reloading, breakable walls, and a talking character, especially one with some funny catch phrases. The game still holds its amazing charm playing through single player and with the new addition of online matchmaking it can only get better. This game is a must own for gamers who enjoyed such titles as Doom and Castle Wolfenstien. Expand
  8. JoeyG.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Duke Nukem 3D is a game that warms my heart to think about. So many good memories are brought back when I play this game. Duke is still relevant in 2008, and will be for years to come. The online gameplay is finger-numbing fun, and the campaign is just like I remember it. Even if you've never experienced what Nukem has to offer, you owe it to yourself to go out and download this work Duke Nukem 3D is a game that warms my heart to think about. So many good memories are brought back when I play this game. Duke is still relevant in 2008, and will be for years to come. The online gameplay is finger-numbing fun, and the campaign is just like I remember it. Even if you've never experienced what Nukem has to offer, you owe it to yourself to go out and download this work of art. If you call yourself a gamer, that is. Expand

1. Greatness. The one-liners and parodies are still funny, the level design is outstanding. [Nov 2008, p.64]
    Yet another classic release that makes a wonderful conversion onto Xbox Live Arcade. Some might be put off by its convoluted, old school level design and predictably unattractive appearance but there’s no doubt that it’s one of the fathers of the most popular genre in our industry.
  3. Duke Nukem 3D demonstrates that shooters haven´t changed so much from the 90s. Its graphics have aged as badly as its age indicates, but its gameplay is so crazy and funny that it´s still a great title. After all, this is a classic videogame, and the classics should have a place in the collection of every good player.