Duke Nukem Forever Xbox 360

4.4

1. Mar 10, 2016
    This game is lit af. Like it is the best choice of any game ever. Don't listen to haters they just blow at the game. Just remember this game is lit af fam.
  2. Jan 31, 2016
    Duke Nukem Forever is a colossal disappointment and a TURRIBLE game. How can a game that was in development for 12 f@#ing years be this bad? First off, the game is buggy and glitchy as hell, load times take forever, and the textures are just plain bad. Second, the gameplay is way too similar to Halo, and every weapon feels useless except for the shotgun. Thirdly, the story isDuke Nukem Forever is a colossal disappointment and a TURRIBLE game. How can a game that was in development for 12 f@#ing years be this bad? First off, the game is buggy and glitchy as hell, load times take forever, and the textures are just plain bad. Second, the gameplay is way too similar to Halo, and every weapon feels useless except for the shotgun. Thirdly, the story is uninteresting as hell with a bulls@# ending. I got so tired of hearing Duke make jokes about better games. Don't buy this game for 60$, 30$, or even 5$, in fact, don't even buy this game for free. Destroy all copies of this game on sight. Expand
  3. Sep 1, 2015
    R.I.P Duke Nukem 1992-2011, uma mensagem para todos os BR'S, a palavra é simples, HUE HUE HUE BR, me deem yes no meu comentário que você vai fazer parte da #legiaohuebr
  4. Aug 12, 2015
    Big Duke fan here, got a laugh or two from the jokes, had a nostalgia trip, but this game just feels unfinished and unpolished and not fun. The classic duke humor is still there, but that's just about it.
  5. Mar 27, 2015
    A used purchase for 5 dollars, I bought this game expecting a laughably bad experience. Instead, Duke Nukem Forever pleasantly surprised me. While not a groundbreaking title, and plagued by ugly graphics, long load times, and bland humor, I found myself actually enjoying this game far more than I expected. A decidedly average shooter compared to its predecessor, Duke Nukem Forever stillA used purchase for 5 dollars, I bought this game expecting a laughably bad experience. Instead, Duke Nukem Forever pleasantly surprised me. While not a groundbreaking title, and plagued by ugly graphics, long load times, and bland humor, I found myself actually enjoying this game far more than I expected. A decidedly average shooter compared to its predecessor, Duke Nukem Forever still manages to deliver fast paced gunfights, reasonably well designed weapons, and several good ideas (shrunk levels being a particularly outstanding example).

Incredibly common and dirt cheap these days, if you see this game around for a good price, don't pass it up. It's well worth it to play a game that's a legend in its own disappointment, and you may even have some fun along the way.
  6. Jan 27, 2015
    This game is offensive, outdated, unfunny, boring and outright disastrous. The game is not funny under any standards, and the mockery it makes of many video games is more ironic than sarcastic.

If you play the game on hard, you will find out that the difficulty lays not on fair challenge, but on cripplin the player with cheap boss fights, a boring array of weapons and constant 50 second loading screens.
    In fact, i think you spend more time on loading screens than playing the game.

Some of Duke's hardcore fans (now around sixty years old due to the amount of time this overpriced piece of garbage took to develop) and mentally immature people will like this game. Want a funny and irreverent game? Go play Deadpool. The game is not masterpiece, but it is much more fun than this sad excuse of a game.
  7. Oct 13, 2014
    Damn this game was bad. After Years of waiting, we got this piece of crap. I have to say this - duke nukem games always was overrated, that being said this game is also overrated compared to meta score (4.4? for what?).
  8. Oct 10, 2014
    I'll say this real quick, unless your a fan of classic Duke Nukem, you will hate this game.
    Lets look at the positives first:
    The Gunplay has the potential to be fun and the enemies are fun to shoot. The game feels like Duke Nukem despite a few missteps. And Duke himself is kind of endearing. NOW the negatives: The graphics are dated, the story is just there for you to kill things and
    Lets look at the positives first:
    NOW the negatives:
    The graphics are dated, the story is just there for you to kill things and the environment puzzles are ridiculous.
    Unlike some people, who complained about Duke Nukem Forever's "The Hive" level and it's derogatory view of women, I will only say one thing. It's Duke Nukem.
    It is offensive, the entire series thrived on being sexist. The only reason it's a problem now is because it's a different generation. Does that mean I agree with it? No it does not. But that doesn't mean that I'm offended by it either.
    On the level design I have to say they failed. It takes forever to get to your goal and some levels end without one alien being shot. The Horror!
    It can be a fun game if you let it, but go in mindful of what your playing.
    Hail to the King baby!
  9. Aug 18, 2014
    This game is infamous for being delayed for 13 YEARS (from 1997-2011). This was originally gonna be a PS1/N64 title but due to some stupid **** this game got delayed again & again & again. It kinda shows. This game feels like it wants to be a new shooter but can't be. It's pretty bad. If you want a new, good shooter, get Battlefield Bad Company, CoD 4-BO1 or damn near anything else (justThis game is infamous for being delayed for 13 YEARS (from 1997-2011). This was originally gonna be a PS1/N64 title but due to some stupid **** this game got delayed again & again & again. It kinda shows. This game feels like it wants to be a new shooter but can't be. It's pretty bad. If you want a new, good shooter, get Battlefield Bad Company, CoD 4-BO1 or damn near anything else (just don't get Aliens: Colonial Marines or Rogue Warrior) This game sucks balls. Expand
  10. May 7, 2014
    You can tell that a lot of effort went into this game, but the ingredients didn't make a great meal. The first thing I noticed was a slight motion sickness maybe due to many of the tight spaces in the game. The spaces are numerous and compartmentalized which slows the pace down and usually consist of typical combat and a mediocre puzzle. Unfortunately, these small areas make it difficultYou can tell that a lot of effort went into this game, but the ingredients didn't make a great meal. The first thing I noticed was a slight motion sickness maybe due to many of the tight spaces in the game. The spaces are numerous and compartmentalized which slows the pace down and usually consist of typical combat and a mediocre puzzle. Unfortunately, these small areas make it difficult to enjoy the action since Duke is usually getting stuck on something while strafing and dodging. The action is repetitive and the triggers are predictable. The whole Duke personae is too adolescent and never feels clever or cool. I loved the original Duke Nukems but this one feels too micromanaged and strips away any imagination and autonomy. Expand
  11. Apr 28, 2014
    Is it really that bad? Ok, it's not a great game but, its pretty decent. It's a very funny game. The graphics are pretty good and the gameplay is fun but has some issues. There are some glitches in and they are pretty bad. And there needed to be more checkpoints or the ability to save when you wanted. Overall, it an ok game.
  12. Apr 25, 2014
    Possibly the biggest flop in gaming history, 12 years in the making and you can tell as the graphics fluctuate between the different console generations, I swear there are Playstation standard textures scattered everywhere. The physics are poor, the gameplay is poor and the humour is poor, there is nothing on offer at all beyond the games introduction. As a big fan of Duke Nukem 3D IPossibly the biggest flop in gaming history, 12 years in the making and you can tell as the graphics fluctuate between the different console generations, I swear there are Playstation standard textures scattered everywhere. The physics are poor, the gameplay is poor and the humour is poor, there is nothing on offer at all beyond the games introduction. As a big fan of Duke Nukem 3D I bought this game on release and tried to defend it, and my purchase, but in the end I just felt a fool for buying this game, at least the majority were not suckered in by the crap. Pure garbage. Expand
  13. Apr 14, 2014
    this game is very good for what it's been thought 13 years in development hell it turn out good I like the story the music and we got to see a few bit of **** but I want to see more and graphics are not that good but there ok the Multiplayer ok it's not the best some of the min games are fun(:
  14. Feb 20, 2014
    Ill say this down right. I'm only giving this a 10 out of spite for the people that hate this game because it's NOT call of duty. This game was a step in the right direction for the it's genre that could have pulled FPS games out of the creative black hole it been stuck in since CoD was thing.
  15. Nov 9, 2013
    I am finally over this game, in more ways than one, and going to improve my terrible review of it (from a couple of years ago).

I wouldn't exactly call it the worst game ever, but it certainly suffers from awkward controls, graphics that remind me of FEAR 1 or Doom 3 at times (which are visuals I DO LIKE and still hold up, but DNF is a RECENT GAME), and annoyingly invasive health regeneration mechanics. I think they added an update that removed the 2 weapon carry limit, but I am not sure. I am not exactly a pro reviewer here! But, I digress. DNF suffers from being too disgustingly vulgar, if that is even possible. With classic Duke Nukem 3D, it was charming. Mostly because it didn't go too damn far, and it made Duke Nukem look like an action movie badass! In DNF, however, he cusses up a storm (I don't remember him cussing that much before), obsesses over sex more than usual, and says really terrible jokes. However, the best joke so far is "It's time to quit forking around!" which he says while, well, riding a forklift. I got a good laugh outta that! Sadly, the whole game is oppressively linear, which is no joke. There is "good lnear", and then there is oppressively linear. This game is the latter!

The biggest strength in this game are the somewhat varied locales. We have a burger joint, a desert wild west style town, driving a rc car while shrunken, and plenty of other fun places or scenarios. It does scream nostalgia, and I am glad for that! Because I do like nostalgia, despite being someone who looks towards the future of games, rather than the past. Also, it is fun to shoot aliens, because all the weapons are fun to use, and pretty awesome as they should be. The aliens are all the classic baddies we know and love! But, that's about it.

I look back at this game as a funny time in my life. Did I really actually like it? Yes, I kinda did, because I felt Duke Nukem did come back, even if it was a step backwards. A BIG step backwards. But hey, now it's a cheap bargain title, it might be okay to play now, just to see if it really is as bad or good as some people think!
  16. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is as much of an over the top ass kicking action adventure that man can create. That being said it is so campy that I could only enjoy it in short doses. I would play for about an hour and a half before the fun started to wear off. Then I would repeat the next day. Sex is a part of Duke Nukem, but in this game it needed to be toned down about 8 to 10 notches. Overall thisThis game is as much of an over the top ass kicking action adventure that man can create. That being said it is so campy that I could only enjoy it in short doses. I would play for about an hour and a half before the fun started to wear off. Then I would repeat the next day. Sex is a part of Duke Nukem, but in this game it needed to be toned down about 8 to 10 notches. Overall this game is fun but can' be enjoyed in one go. Expand
  17. Oct 22, 2013
    Wasted 60 bucks on this A terrible game. A game that was in development for over 10 years and it failed utterly. The story line is just stupid. So stupid that It isn't even funny. The graphics are okay at best. The physics of that are just The game is too linear and terribly glitchy. Sometimes you can't even run but yet just move like pac man at a slow rate. Combat is pretty ****ty too.Wasted 60 bucks on this A terrible game. A game that was in development for over 10 years and it failed utterly. The story line is just stupid. So stupid that It isn't even funny. The graphics are okay at best. The physics of that are just The game is too linear and terribly glitchy. Sometimes you can't even run but yet just move like pac man at a slow rate. Combat is pretty ****ty too. I just don't want to even talk about this anymore so I will review some good stuff. The game does have its moments. Slappable wall boobs in the Hive which I found funny and a few easter eggs too. If the game didn't have humor, I may have not even rated it a 1 much less a 3.
    I do feel bad for those who got it for 60 bucks. Now if you're lucky, you could just get it for free at Gamestop.
    Never buy this game. Please. Don't. Buy something good.
  18. Oct 20, 2013
    duke nukem forever is truly one of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life, I could not even play this game until the end of what was being so horrible.
  19. Jul 30, 2013
    Can I justify a 6? Just about.

This game is for the fan, or someone caught in the early 2000's where strafing was king. On a personal level I feel a 6 is justified; humour, good bosses, a sense of Duke and a blast from start to finish but the loading times, poor consideration of how people aim a weapon and general gameplay will leave most gamers reaching for another title. There
    Can I justify a 6? Just about.

There isn't much to say about this game, it's a dated FPS with problems at every turn, it has no real plot but it's not meant to, it's a enjoyable romp into nostalgia and worth picking up from a bargain bin if you love the Duke.
    I paid £10 and was happy to help the makers of once great game, others might feel £5 is right.
  20. Jul 14, 2013
    The graphics are horrible the gameplay isnt Duke Nukem there are so many puzzles the multiplayer is just WTF you can only carry 2 weapons it isn't Halo horrible FPS platforming just
  21. Jul 7, 2013
    I'm sure that a lot of people who have been waiting a really long for this game are extremely disappointed with the end results, but I hadn't really been anticipating this game and didn't expect anything spectacular from it, which is why I can say it isn't that bad. Yes, the plot is awful and it seems that the story and a lot of the gameplay seems thrown together and rushed out, but II'm sure that a lot of people who have been waiting a really long for this game are extremely disappointed with the end results, but I hadn't really been anticipating this game and didn't expect anything spectacular from it, which is why I can say it isn't that bad. Yes, the plot is awful and it seems that the story and a lot of the gameplay seems thrown together and rushed out, but I guess it kind of depends on where you stand on it. I've never been a fan of Duke Nukem, however I plan to get some of the previous games soon... so when I saw that this game was only $5 I thought, "why not?" and I honestly didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people do. I do agree that it was kind kind of a slap in the face to Duke Nukem fans, but if you look at it as a crappy game you may actually enjoy it. That's what I did, it might not seem logical, but expect it to have a grip-less story and just have fun playing it for a few hours. Expand
  22. May 28, 2013
    Ok let's move on with DNF,

Hmm 14 years in making and they can't do it right. Let me explain it Duke Nukem was about finding key cards and being in puzzles situation's that I love now you look on this semi rubbish half game you don't have too at all Duke opens the doors with his hands well for me I like the old finding key cards ect. Nowdays people just make this game into a Halo
    Ok let's move on with DNF,

Hmm 14 years in making and they can't do it right.

Nowdays people just make this game into a Halo game with life regaining and no life pickups damn guys I want to find medkits or you don't get armour.

Duke also mocks the gamers what I play on the most because Duke himself thinks he is BETTER than all the other games etc Halo that is why he mocks the players in this game, well you know what Duke I give Halo a 10 because it lot more better than this.

As the game play it has some good things like you can stun a pigcop now and do a move on it.

Ripoffs
    are slow aiming like the Octbrains things will move (straft left and right a lot) when you aiming at them and since Duke is kind of slow you likely miss a lot.

LONGGGG LOADINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMES
    that take over 30 seconds to load a level that's not good enough man.

Driving parts was pointless too whenever you stop you need fuel at every 10 seconds that could be done more better but Duke is Duke so it don't really matter as he wants to make you laugh your axx off with silly jokes.

The Hive level was too dark and the most annoyling level I seen in a game just by moving this small thing around the room while being mugged by Octbrains in the process

I hate the water levels too since you don't get a Scuba Gear too that was part of Duke 3D so why not here?

Anyway my last thoughts on DNF;

if you must play this horrible game then please rent or lend it by a friend that way you won't be paying a lot of money for this semi rushed game, fail to the king baby!
  23. May 6, 2013
    dovaahken is super awsome in this gaem i mastred the thum of juggle psychics dragon combat am grate buy gmae know the maylay combat are very good yay
  24. Apr 27, 2013
    i thought dnf wasnt worst game i ever played. the graphics,textures and load times plus valve puzzles what made no sense and worthless mutiplayer. but some through all that i sorta still want more and newer duke nukem games. i hope this just a rough draft and next one will be a lot better. but its only 5$ at gamestop so i would just buy it.
  25. Apr 19, 2013
    I'm not too sure what to say about this game,

At first when I turned it on, I saw that intro-movie & I thought it was absolutely amazing & a complete blast from the past. I'm an avid Duke Nukem fan & really did love Duke Nukem 64/3D to bits. This game unfortunately turned into a modern day shooter & the graphics & physics aren't too impressive. As some people have said, quite like
    I'm not too sure what to say about this game,

I'm an avid Duke Nukem fan & really did love Duke Nukem 64/3D to bits.

This game unfortunately turned into a modern day shooter & the graphics & physics aren't too impressive. As some people have said, quite like Playstation 2.

Regardless of that, after 12 long years of being manhandled by developers I'd expect this game was merely rushed to get it out & finished.

After all that, this game really pleased me, maybe it was re-living some past times & living as my hero once again! The little things like "Ego Awards" where you earn a bonus to interacting with your environment (such as make some popcorn) was a great little idea.

The game is very challenging, I did complete it on both Piece of Cake (very easy) and Damn I'm Good (insane). Piece of Cake was a good idea, go through the game, interact with the whole environment & really sap up the enjoyment in the game & learn what's what. Damn I'm Good was a pure game-rush. I played to get the game finished, prattling around would only make it a lot harder and boy IT WAS HARD!!

I don't know if I can recommend this game to anyone else, you really do have to be a Duke Fan to appreciate this game.

Give it a chance & enjoy what's there, don't think what it should of been!

Hopefully there will be another instalment to the Duke franchise but I know for a fact this next one will be much better. This was just a stepping stone that had to be done & I'm glad they finally got it out of the way. I did enjoy it none the less.
  26. Apr 15, 2013
    Not nearly as bad as many reviewers would suggest. This game is obviously very dated, both in terms of graphics and design, but playing as Duke can be a lot of fun and the game doesn't take itself too seriously. Some of the levels, such as Duke Burger, City, and Ghost Town are great fun but too many are full of bland and frustrating platforming. There's actually a lot more platformingNot nearly as bad as many reviewers would suggest. This game is obviously very dated, both in terms of graphics and design, but playing as Duke can be a lot of fun and the game doesn't take itself too seriously. Some of the levels, such as Duke Burger, City, and Ghost Town are great fun but too many are full of bland and frustrating platforming. There's actually a lot more platforming than shooting, which for a Duke game can't be right. Multiplayer is functional if you can find someone to play against, and it's fun to stock your apartment with goodies. Overall I'd say this is worth a try and I hope they make a sequel with more up to date graphics and gameplay. Expand
  27. Apr 3, 2013
    No, I wasn't paid by Gearbox or an outside organization to say this game wasn't half bad. Sure the graphics are dated, the jokes aren't original, and the gameplay is average at best, but you have to see past all that to see really enjoy the game. I bought this game for 15$ out of the discount bin, and it's not hard to say this game was ALMOST as good as some highly-known 60$ single playerNo, I wasn't paid by Gearbox or an outside organization to say this game wasn't half bad. Sure the graphics are dated, the jokes aren't original, and the gameplay is average at best, but you have to see past all that to see really enjoy the game. I bought this game for 15$ out of the discount bin, and it's not hard to say this game was ALMOST as good as some highly-known 60$ single player games. The game kept me busy solving curios puzzles either no one else could solve and they were just too lazy to, and (at times) fast paced action. After the campaign, there's multiplayer that no one should really bother with, as who ever dashes to the rocket launchers first wins, but there's plenty of little extras that make this game feel more lively and long-lasting. This was my first Duke Nukem game, and there's really not much reason (other than the mentioned above) to give this game a lower score than a solid 7. Expand
  28. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Let's start I got this game because Iam a Duke Nukem fan and saw my friend on it so I played it the levels is nice and big but they need to add more maybe and some classic 's levels from Duke 3D but like more updated really. When you complete it you see a poster of the first level of Duke 3D in it, but sadly you don't go there to explore!

They is some bad things that I do not like:

1. The thing is you can only pick up two weapons at the time.
    2. The load screen after you do a level can take a bit of time to come back on.
    3. They is a shield that regains after hit just like a Halo game they is no life pick ups.
    4. This game is missing a lot from Duke 3D like the jet pack. Man, why remove that? It was a classic thing to use in Duke 3D now we can't which is sad.
    5. Same boss fights over and over from Duke 3D we need new improves ones like we still get a Battle lord and last boss from Duke 3D.
    6. I do like Duke's voice in this game and that is why I liked his macho imagine but most part he says the same thing from Duke 3D like hail to the king baby!
    Duke we need more lines sorry to hear from cause it's like oh yeah I been there and hear it all before!
    7. You can't explore areas and get secrets in Duke 3D you could go in a window and find guns and guns this, I' am sorry you can't do that feels one liner at times.
    8. You can't run and Duke walks kind of really like he's really old in this game.
    Damn I want to run past pig's.
    9. Duke does say a lot to gamer people too like on Halo you see his armour and Duke calls all players I won't say it because I totally love Halo too but what Duke says will make you angry sometimes.

This game is missing a lot from Duke 3D.
  29. Feb 13, 2013
    Randy Pitchford AND gearbox, you should be ashamed of yourselves for squatting down and pushing this horrid, unfunny, unpleasant, dated, clunky, and all around ugly game out of your bum.
  30. Jan 30, 2013
    Depois de 14 anos de espera,finalmente duke nukem forever chega aos consoles e PCs, mas infelizemente chega com graficos ultrapassados, falta de criatividade nos cenarios e piadas repetidas do classico Duke Nukem 3D, mas com certeza ira agradar os fãs que esperaram anos para o lançamento do game mas eu recomendo mais o Duke Nukem 3D!
  31. Jan 17, 2013
    Terrible poorly made game. Impossibly long loading times, unimaginative tiny and liner levels. Graphic have never been a issue for me but this game looks poorly made over a weekend. I would recommend avoiding this at all costs.
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is not even comparable to Duke Nukem 3D. The game doesn't have action, or it has it in very little portions, because it's based on **** around.
  33. Dec 11, 2012
    Well, considering its development history. I think Gearbox did the best it could with what it was given to them. At least it finally got released rather than being remade from scratch AGAIN for a another 5 years.Happy to see that the Duke is still Duke and it at least GB tried to stay true to the source material. Just a shame that there is far more wrong with this game, than there isWell, considering its development history. I think Gearbox did the best it could with what it was given to them. At least it finally got released rather than being remade from scratch AGAIN for a another 5 years.Happy to see that the Duke is still Duke and it at least GB tried to stay true to the source material. Just a shame that there is far more wrong with this game, than there is right.. What I hated the most about this game if I had to mention just one thing: The loading times between sections: Holy F*****g S***! WHY WHERE THEY SO DAMN LONG!!! Expand
  34. Dec 3, 2012
    I really don't see the problem with this game, I can see the worst part of the game is the graphics but as I am not much of a graphics whore I don't mind the graphics, with fun weapons and a longer story than most of the FPS' out there I really don't see why this game has got terrible reviews. The reason for it is probably that it has taken 12-13 years to make and people thought it wouldI really don't see the problem with this game, I can see the worst part of the game is the graphics but as I am not much of a graphics whore I don't mind the graphics, with fun weapons and a longer story than most of the FPS' out there I really don't see why this game has got terrible reviews. The reason for it is probably that it has taken 12-13 years to make and people thought it would be brilliant, but as I haven't played any of the other duke nukem games I find this unique, most FPS' don't give you much interactivity apart from shooting and this is quite new to me, it is not a perfect game by any means but a good one at that. 8/10 Expand
  35. Nov 3, 2012
    even the demo for this thing is bad. it feels like they made it a decade ago, let it on a shelf, worked on other stuff, then remembered it, took it off the shelf as is, then put it on sale. the game has no character to it, the gameplay is just sad, the mechanics are numb. it feels like it was tailor made to suck
  36. Oct 25, 2012
    Its Good But not great u should consider the ps3 version or hell, pc version over this
  37. Sep 26, 2012
    A huge disappointment. I made the vital mistake of investing in the Balls of Steel Edition. The single largest purchase mistake I've ever made. I still regret this purchase to this date. The game's lauded interactivity drops off after about 20 minutes in. The developers even have a jab at Halo, and while perhaps not meanspirited, it's completely out of place when the game fails so hard toA huge disappointment. I made the vital mistake of investing in the Balls of Steel Edition. The single largest purchase mistake I've ever made. I still regret this purchase to this date. The game's lauded interactivity drops off after about 20 minutes in. The developers even have a jab at Halo, and while perhaps not meanspirited, it's completely out of place when the game fails so hard to be taking jabs at far more successful (and well, in my opinion) fun games. The combat is O.K. but quickly becomes boring as **** There's little to no story in this game. It's rushed trash that never should have been released. Expand
  38. Sep 13, 2012
    The game is garbage. Played the demo and found that it was just another mediocore shooter. Graphics are terrible, and the humor is bad. Burrowed it from a friend and found out that it was exactly like the demo suggested it would be. Bargin Bin material. Emphasis on the bin.
  39. Sep 11, 2012
    Im going to tell you guys a story,once upon a time,14 years ago a company called Gearbox announced a game called Duke Nukem Forever.After 14 **** years the company realised the game and began selling it to the world.But something really bad happened.The game was a crappy piece of **** The fans of the game hated and hated,but Gearbox didn´t listen.They should do the same as BiowareIm going to tell you guys a story,once upon a time,14 years ago a company called Gearbox announced a game called Duke Nukem Forever.After 14 **** years the company realised the game and began selling it to the world.But something really bad happened.The game was a crappy piece of **** The fans of the game hated and hated,but Gearbox didn´t listen.They should do the same as Bioware did! The ending of their great game was terrible! So they realised a DLC of an alternative ending!
    Now,turning serious.Gearbox had 14 years to make a good game (With that time it should reach perfection) but it was a whole disaster.The combat ia horrible,it´s graphics are too.
    I have a long list about how bad this game is,but I have to go.
  40. Sep 9, 2012
    Gra ssie pocałości. Dawno nie grałem w takiego gniota na obecnej generacji konsol. Pomijając lata, które gracze spędzili na czekaniu. Duke Nukem Forever cierpi na tyle bolączek, że śladowy humor i kilka "wtyk" na inne tytuły znikają w gąszczu niedoróbek. Zaczynając od loadingów, które trwają jakbyGra ssie pocałości. Dawno nie grałem w takiego gniota na obecnej generacji konsol. Pomijając lata, które gracze spędzili na czekaniu. Duke Nukem Forever cierpi na tyle bolączek, że śladowy humor i kilka "wtyk" na inne tytuły znikają w gąszczu niedoróbek. Zaczynając od loadingów, które trwają jakby ładowana była najlepsza gra wszech czasów. Drugie z czym się zderzamy to sztywna mechanika, która daje o sobie znać zwłaszcza w partiach platformowych. Partie platformowe razem z "puzzlami" tworzą mieszankę nie do przełknięcia. Etapy "samochodowe" to nieporozumienie. Przeciwnicy są kretyńscy, modele etapów są bardzo mało intuicyjne. Generalnie jest to tytuł niegodny Duke'a. Jest to żart twórców i wielki lep dla rzeszy fanów. Nie warto inwestować w ten tytuł nawet jeżeli chcecie kupić "używkę". Expand
  41. Aug 22, 2012
    Duke Nukem Forever is not terrible, but it is an incredible letdown. I was going to pre-order this game, but I said to myself "Meh, I'll wait for Christmas or something." Thank god I didn't pay the full price.
    The very first thing this game asks you to do is to go to the bathroom. You could do that in Duke Nukem 3D, so I got pumped to see what else this game had to offer. Next thing I know, I'm fighting a giant monster the size of a building with large duel-wield rocket launchers! It was fun! I had a great time playing that level. Unfortunately, that was going to be the best level in the entire game for me, since a huge portion of the game is spent doing things that are BORING. I didn't ask for a truck driving part of the game, I want ACTION, not jumping over some ramps! The graphics in this game are great, and Duke still looks pretty badass on current generation consoles. The voice acting sounds similar to what it was in the 90s, so that was a huge bonus for me. When the game does get to the action portion, it's pretty fun. Unfortunately, they didn't keep some aspects of the early games. For example, you cannot carry more than 2 weapons at a time, and your health regenerates. But that's fine with me, it's only a minor change.
    I have yet to try the multiplayer in this game, but some of my friends say it's just "okay".

Verdict: Overall, this isn't a terrible game, but it isn't a great one either. I found the shooting aspect of the game to be pretty entertaining, but unfortunately those levels are watered down the truck driving levels that are a bore. The humor and dialogue is much of the same from the older Duke Nukem games, and that's why I found this title in the series to be entertaining. So is it worthy enough to be called a Duke Nukem game? Yes. Much of what I remember was the unique and strange humor, and it is definitely noticeable here. I picked this game up for $5 at my local game store, and for that price it was a very good game. But there is no way I would even consider paying the full price of $60 for this. If you can find this game for less than $10, give it a try. You might like it.
  42. Aug 5, 2012
    OK i never played this game but i saw reviews on youtube and all of them were 5 and down i saw trailer and gameplay . Game is boring there are a lots of use less mini games and to much pornography i mean fricking wall boobs WTF !!!! so my score is total ZERO
  43. Jun 29, 2012
    I very much enjoyed DNF. I played the original Duke to the most recent one and thought that DNF was pretty close to what Duke was made out to be in Duke 3D, a joke about modern(time of release) games. DNF was rated horribly mainly because of the 14 year hype train, and I know that very few if any sequels could survive that. As someone who got into Duke Nukem games when this was announced,I very much enjoyed DNF. I played the original Duke to the most recent one and thought that DNF was pretty close to what Duke was made out to be in Duke 3D, a joke about modern(time of release) games. DNF was rated horribly mainly because of the 14 year hype train, and I know that very few if any sequels could survive that. As someone who got into Duke Nukem games when this was announced, I thought it was a higher than average game. No, the graphics aren't perfect, the gameplay isn't the greatest of all time, the story didn't blow anyone away, but that wasn't what Duke Nukem was about. This game doesn't deserve the **** reviews it gets, its a modern day shooter poking fun at the other Modern day shooters, which is what I believe the Duke was all about since Duke 3D.

At $20 or less, this game is definitely worth it.
  44. Jun 7, 2012
    I am late at reviewing this game but I did happen to buy this near the launch date. I was looking in my inventory of games ( I'm an extreme gamer) I have every single console except the turbo grafix 16. Anyway I saw this game and decided to review it. Now a lot of people that are saying " you shouldn't review a game bad for it's graphics" I agree with this, but in Duke Nukems case itI am late at reviewing this game but I did happen to buy this near the launch date. I was looking in my inventory of games ( I'm an extreme gamer) I have every single console except the turbo grafix 16. Anyway I saw this game and decided to review it. Now a lot of people that are saying " you shouldn't review a game bad for it's graphics" I agree with this, but in Duke Nukems case it really kind of does. I mean I try to ignore bad graphics but this game doesn't even have good game play, then you get to elements like the load times.Why is there horrible load times for a game that looks like dog **** I have Nukem 3D and the gun play felt way better too. Nukem Forever's shot gun still feel alright. I have this on PS3 but also borrowed the 360 version from a friend because I thought the 360's controller was good for FPS, but that wasn't the case with the 360 version either, I had to fiddle with the sensitivity and even then it still wasn't quite right. The funny thing is that most multiplatformers are actually better on the 360, but in Duke Nukems case it is almost unplayable. I do not hate this game, but I still think it's a bad game. Randy Pitford hyped this game up so bad and he knew it was a pile of crap. Some of the boss fights are good but there are also some very bad boss fights. Load times are actually a tad better on the 360, but only by a couple seconds. I timed the PS3 and 360 version of the game. If you die in the PS3 version, you'll have to wait between 42-45 seconds. The 360 version was almost the same but my times were 40-42 seconds. Not to mention that this game is cut up into segments, and you play for like 15 mins and then after you have to wait 45 seconds every 15 mins and that is not counting the deaths. Another thing that I noticed on the 360 version is that every time you turn the camera there are uncapped frame rates and it's tearing like a mother. The game felt small compared to Duke Nukem 3D, granted that in Duke Nukem 3D it was all about finding key cards but the gun play kicked ass. Randy Pitchford, in all his interviews about this game he was mentioning the full fledged pinball machine, who cares about a pinball machine, how about you make a decent game instead of putting a pinball machine in it. By the way the pinball machine sucked anyway. And like I said graphics don't mean a lot to me, but in Duke Nukems case it is hampered from not having good graphics. Bad Loading times,Bad Graphics,Sound mediocre,controls are horrible. There are bits of fun to be found in this game though, like I said I don't hate this game, but it's not a good game at all. There IS fun but the bad things about this game out do the good, and people giving this game 9 or 10's are saying that This game is on par with the current FPS.. Yeah I don't think so. Pretty much every first person shooter in the last 6 years has been better than this game. If you rate this a 10 then you are saying that this game is perfect in every way, but in reality if you break it down there are hardly anything good to say about it other than a bit of fun CAN be had, but the experience gets boring after a short while. Duke Nukem is the same old Duke, but the game presents itself. This game is a game straight out of the 90's with the game play no doubt about it. But that is what we were all expecting anyway, if you were expecting anything else then you are a retard. Still the game is horrible and I would of liked to have an old fashioned Duke Nukem, but in this case this game is not good at all. If you haven't played it yet, I suggest you rent it, although it's not a good game, you may want to put to rest Duke Nukem Forever. Because if you are a true gamer you would rent this game regardless of how bad it is. I new this game was going to be a pile of crap before I bought it but I like to think that it wasn't a total waste because one good thing about this game is the extras and remembering how the old Duke Nukem was. Nostalgia doesn't even help this game out any. If you liked this game, then it's ok, but to say this is a good game, you would be lieing even if you say it was your opinion. I don't care if the game took 1 year or 14 years to make, the game is still garbage. But still worth to experience it. Expand
  45. May 30, 2012
    i originally wrote a review for this last year when it first came out and like everyone was not very happy about it. Me and im sure alot of other people were focusing to much on the negatives and wernt even paying attention to the positives. Originally i have DNF a 6/10. almost a year later i decided to buy the balls of steel addition. (i mainly bought it for the stuff inside not thei originally wrote a review for this last year when it first came out and like everyone was not very happy about it. Me and im sure alot of other people were focusing to much on the negatives and wernt even paying attention to the positives. Originally i have DNF a 6/10. almost a year later i decided to buy the balls of steel addition. (i mainly bought it for the stuff inside not the game) i checked out the stuff and put the game in my xbox. I started playing again and was startled by how much fun i was having i actually was able to see all of the positive things and didnt pay attention to the negatives and had a blast. i played through the story and then hoped on multiplayer and had a ton of fun. long story short i was EXTREMELY wrong about this game and truly deserves alot more credit than it did. Hail to the king baby Expand
  46. May 19, 2012
    It shocks me when critics and gamer's say why would you play this when you can play Halo, Call of Duty, or Battlefield. Gamer's and critics are missing the point with this game it was never suppose to be a triple A title like those games. Its a comedy people its not suppose to be taken seriously. The game made me laugh from beginning to end. The campaign for the game is around 8 to 10It shocks me when critics and gamer's say why would you play this when you can play Halo, Call of Duty, or Battlefield. Gamer's and critics are missing the point with this game it was never suppose to be a triple A title like those games. Its a comedy people its not suppose to be taken seriously. The game made me laugh from beginning to end. The campaign for the game is around 8 to 10 hours which is very rare for a shooter these days. The game has glitches I'm not gonna sit here and tell you it didn't and yes the online mutiplayer for the game is terrible. The game is still very entertaining and fun to play and the lines Duke Nukem says in the game are a riot. People you have to remember this game was announced back in April 28th, 1997 and it came out June 14, 2011. For a game that was 14 years in development they did a good job with this. The game is just as good as the original. I can't believe all the hate this game got don't listen to what critics and other gamer's have said about this game play it and see for yourself. If your looking for a good campaign check this game out the adult humor in Duke Nukem Forever will have you laughing so hard you'll fall of your chair. If you only play multiplayer games and never play single player stay away from this game you don't deserve to play it. Expand
  47. May 17, 2012
    I really don't understand the reviews for this game. I'm a big Duke Nukem fan and have been waiting on this for a while now and was not let down one bit. Sure it has some problems including glitches and graphics that could be better but it has a ton of personality and fits in well in the DN series. You can't compare it to other recent shooters like Halo or COD and to due so is not fare toI really don't understand the reviews for this game. I'm a big Duke Nukem fan and have been waiting on this for a while now and was not let down one bit. Sure it has some problems including glitches and graphics that could be better but it has a ton of personality and fits in well in the DN series. You can't compare it to other recent shooters like Halo or COD and to due so is not fare to the game or creators. This game was in development for a long time and that needs to be taken into consideration. If you like games that are fun and have personality and can over look some problems here and there then you will enjoy it. The online though is awful so I say skip that. Expand
  48. May 8, 2012
    Immature, stupid, and above all LAME. This game is terrible. It is a **** stain on video games in general and should not be played by anyone besides delusional "Duke" fanboys' who will insist that "you don't understand cause' you're not a Duke fan". If being a Duke fan means forcing myself to believe this garbage is enjoyable ahhh you know what, just don't go near it. That is all. The ****Immature, stupid, and above all LAME. This game is terrible. It is a **** stain on video games in general and should not be played by anyone besides delusional "Duke" fanboys' who will insist that "you don't understand cause' you're not a Duke fan". If being a Duke fan means forcing myself to believe this garbage is enjoyable ahhh you know what, just don't go near it. That is all. The **** icing on top of this **** cake is that the devs have the ignorance to think mocking games that have more gameplay in one pixel like halflife and halo, than Duke Nukem Forever is witty/ comical/ tough or something. Anything over a 0 is EXTREMELY forgiving for this tasteless, broken excuse for a game game. Rant Over. Expand
  49. Apr 16, 2012
    Forever a long time coming, baby! So I've played this game in it's entirety; do i have more right than most to post a review? Let me begin by saying that i'd never pay more than $25 on a good day for a console game. I did once pay $50 for Fallout3 Collectors Edition (well worth the shell out, mind you). I've also played and finished the original Dukem Nukem series and Duke Nukem 3D. I getForever a long time coming, baby! So I've played this game in it's entirety; do i have more right than most to post a review? Let me begin by saying that i'd never pay more than $25 on a good day for a console game. I did once pay $50 for Fallout3 Collectors Edition (well worth the shell out, mind you). I've also played and finished the original Dukem Nukem series and Duke Nukem 3D. I get right into any game I play, essentially becoming the character whilst playing the game. I explore every inch and climb to the top of every invisible barrier. I play on nightmare mode and take my sweet time. Pay real money for a game so I want a complete experience. Games that don't fulfill my immersion needs are traded or shelved. Duke Nukem Forever is, well, both. It's a great-looking parody game full of bloody action, dirty jokes, changing gameplay that keeps you interested and wanting more. But the ending sucked Balls of Fail.

The intro was awesome, with a rocking track to all the Duke's kills and spills and hilarious trash comedy! The game starts with the final boss battle from Duke Nukem3D. We played the PS3 version but Duke has a X360 controller, no drama tho, the send up of the Olsen Twins worked well except that his girlfriend remote didn't have a **** mute button! The following walk-through of his hotel was interesting and nostalgic however short-lived. There's even a "History of Duke" exhibit showing of all his games. I'm still laughing at stealing a turd from a toilet "what the **** Duke gave a different bewildered response every time. Classic.

The Christian Bale punch out scene - no one likes a winger; TV show is cancelled, screaming girls asking to have Duke's babies, and Pigcops lining up at Duke Burger - hilarious. After the President told us not to get involved, i was wishing for the intimidate button, as in Duke3d, for a one-finger salute! It's full of game and movie references.

The action is good and solid and fast, but the aiming was clunky for a console controller. Looking in the mirror was the first Ego boost, and we laughed at how the Duke's strafing and jumping animation mimicked Duke3D's animation. The first bad thing we noticed was the long loading time. A loading time of one minute if not more for an action game, really breaks the rhythm and mood of gameplay. Get over it. If you died from falling off a high ledge, it's probably your own fault! The graphics are up to modern standard, although saturated to show off the game's cartoonish aspect. I must admit the graphics are rather average for a 2011 release, but it's been in the making for like, forever! But don't even try to stare out into the blurry distance at the surrounding cityscape.
    The game is definitely not boring, as it changes with each level. Some of the driving segments can be a bit useless. Who wouldn't enjoy being shrunk down to Toy Story size and being told by a foxy lady "I know where I'd put him!" before blasting off in a toy RC car, man!

You can play pool, pinball machine, workout, shoot hoops, play slots and poker in the casino, slap triple **** even microwave rats! The strip club was a dream level with no aliens. You can ask one stripper to shake it baby but only once and without tip. Gone are the times of throwing wads of cash at strippers and shooting them to make aliens appear. But I suppose some things (scratch that - a lot of things) got cut for this game to be released.

Story is quite simple: defeat aliens and save world again. The action is thick and interesting, and turning aliens into chunks with the devastor or fists in a steroid induced 'roid rage is very satisfying. The two weapon limit makes badass Duke into a somewhat rations **** despite the plentiful ammo supplies. This may be a tactical edge the developers introduced to make the player think on their feet. We should've been allowed two weapons plus the golden gun because no one wants to drop it as 50 gamer points are up for grabs at the end of the game. Just make sure you're holding it before the bombs drop!

DNF is great for Duke Nukem fans, but a disappointment for new comers. It would've been so much better had they included the original Dukem Nukem and Duke3D games, as was with Doom3: It had the original Doom, Doom2 & Final Doom. I'm disappointed with the final result of this one. The unlockable 2001 gameplay trailer is the game i wanted to have played instead, making it "Time to kick ass and chew bubble gum!" But 2011's Duke is all outta gum.
  50. Apr 13, 2012
    I score this game 0 because it is simply not a Duke Nukem game. I like so many other people have waited 12+ years for the return of the king, what we got was another Call of Duty clone. Take away everything that makes Duke Nukem special, and you get this. Being a varitable waling armory of special gun? Nope. Fight hoards of enemies around every corner? Nope, 3 at tops on screen. The onlyI score this game 0 because it is simply not a Duke Nukem game. I like so many other people have waited 12+ years for the return of the king, what we got was another Call of Duty clone. Take away everything that makes Duke Nukem special, and you get this. Being a varitable waling armory of special gun? Nope. Fight hoards of enemies around every corner? Nope, 3 at tops on screen. The only surviving element of the King is his personality. Duke spouts one liners like the King he is, but they ruined him. Duke drunk on one beer? Duke letting some kid push him around? Duke making fun of brown and bloom shooters while being in one himself? All of it adds up to a generic game, and a insult to the King. We waited a long time.... it wasn't worth it. Expand
  51. Mar 21, 2012
    Before I begin, I'd just like to thank Randy Pitchford and Gearbox for finally releasing this game after 14 years! Now heres the part that made me made. Everything but the combat reeks in crap, it just looks like they've taken the look of Duke Nukem 3D and tried to make it look like This Generations graphics. The acting and script is awful. I've seen better acting in porn ffs! Even thoughBefore I begin, I'd just like to thank Randy Pitchford and Gearbox for finally releasing this game after 14 years! Now heres the part that made me made. Everything but the combat reeks in crap, it just looks like they've taken the look of Duke Nukem 3D and tried to make it look like This Generations graphics. The acting and script is awful. I've seen better acting in porn ffs! Even though the controls are slightly clunky the combat is typical first person shooter combat.I can't believe I wasted 110 dollars on this garbage! ugh dissapointing Expand
  52. Mar 21, 2012
    As someone who spent literally hundreds of hours playing Duke Nukem 3D, various third party add-ons and mods for DN3D, and even authored my own content for DN3D, I have been a huge fan of the franchise for a very long time. After 13 years of waiting, I never even realized when DN4 hit the shelves and wish I hadn't ever found out. Take 2 absolutely killed the franchise by releasing itAs someone who spent literally hundreds of hours playing Duke Nukem 3D, various third party add-ons and mods for DN3D, and even authored my own content for DN3D, I have been a huge fan of the franchise for a very long time. After 13 years of waiting, I never even realized when DN4 hit the shelves and wish I hadn't ever found out. Take 2 absolutely killed the franchise by releasing it "before it's done" like 3D Realms had intended and trying to play this abortion of a game brought tears to my eyes (they weren't tears of joy, either)...

The super-bubbly rah rah go Duke! NPC dialogue makes this game unbearable from the first cutscene. The gameplay is some of the most linear I've ever been forced to endure and is not rewarding or worthwhile. If you ever liked Duke, do yourself a favor, stay in denial, and pretend that this crap heap never saw the light of day.
  53. Mar 20, 2012
    Follow Me For More Game Reviews and News @GameReviewGuy

Follow Me For More Game Reviews and News @GameReviewGuy

14 years.... Wow that is a long time to make a game. You would think it would be the most amazing game in the world with having it take that long. Well as you can see by the reviews, it definitely did not live up to the hype that a lot of people gave it. The game is just like any other typical first person shooter and really nothing more than that. The monsters tend to glitch every now and then and a problem many Duke Nukem fans were angry about was that you could only carry 2 weapons at a time (The old Duke could carry a lot more). The story isn't anything special and the cut scenes in the game are pretty awful (Mouth movements of other characters do not match up when they speak and some enemies move like robots more than monsters. On the lighter side though it does bring you back to the old school run and gun games like Doom (Personally Excited for Rage BTW) and Duke's witty one-liners will help keep your mind in the gutter throughout the game. If you were a huge Duke fan than it may be worth your while to pick it up. If you"re a casual gamer looking for a great first person shooter, I would look elsewhere.â
  54. Mar 18, 2012
    Duke Nukem forever was a fantastic game, so long as it never came out. Upon it's release it was evident that it was a series of old builds of games strung together to make a semi-coherent mess.
  55. Feb 23, 2012
    yeah its disapointing, yeah its a let down, yeah its not very good, yeah it took too long. but comon, its not unplayable. duke nukem forever doesnt deserve a 0, i dont believe any game or movie deserves a 0, unless it is physically unplayable or unwatchable. graphics are not great, you can only carry 2 weapons at a time, i got this game for $10 brand new. long load times suck, id say itsyeah its disapointing, yeah its a let down, yeah its not very good, yeah it took too long. but comon, its not unplayable. duke nukem forever doesnt deserve a 0, i dont believe any game or movie deserves a 0, unless it is physically unplayable or unwatchable. graphics are not great, you can only carry 2 weapons at a time, i got this game for $10 brand new. long load times suck, id say its worth 10 bucks, but you could probably bang this game out in a couple days renting it too. this game is still goofy, i laughed at its stupidity but overall im sorry for whoever payed $60 for this game. not worth more than $15. 5/10 Expand
  56. Feb 5, 2012
    In my eyes, I never thought that this game would see the light of day. But it finally came out and boy should it have stayed in the bowels of development hell. The graphics are way below par. I was like "Wow I know PS2 games with better graphics". The gameplay is very Halo. Regenerating health, two weapons all that jazz. The story... Let's be honest I doubt very many people played this forIn my eyes, I never thought that this game would see the light of day. But it finally came out and boy should it have stayed in the bowels of development hell. The graphics are way below par. I was like "Wow I know PS2 games with better graphics". The gameplay is very Halo. Regenerating health, two weapons all that jazz. The story... Let's be honest I doubt very many people played this for that. What really bugs me is that I know this would have been better if it came out, lets say 12-13 years ago. I think that this would have been more applicable in that time period. In DNF, I was disgusted to see jokes that were seriously outdated and a true lack of effort. This game is just bad. It's bad as a game and bad as an idea. Expand
  57. Jan 8, 2012
    duke Nukem was very disappointing with bad graphics the campaign levels were bad (although the stripper club was nice) and multi player is rubbish overall its a horrible game
  58. Jan 6, 2012
    Duke Nukem Forever is a great game. Yes it has some flaws, but we shouldn't expect any game to be perfect. Most of the current shooters are not perfect, polished games. This game might not be as good when compared it its predecessors, but it's a good game in itself. have never played any previous Duke Nukem games, nor had I even heard of him, but this game is one of my favourite. Games areDuke Nukem Forever is a great game. Yes it has some flaws, but we shouldn't expect any game to be perfect. Most of the current shooters are not perfect, polished games. This game might not be as good when compared it its predecessors, but it's a good game in itself. have never played any previous Duke Nukem games, nor had I even heard of him, but this game is one of my favourite. Games are supposed to be fun. You don't need stunning graphics and perfect mechanics to have a good time. I enjoyed both the story mode and multiplayer. The comical one-liners also add to the laughter of the game. It's a fun experience and a unique game. I recommend Duke Nukem Forever to anyone who wants to have a laugh, and relive this much loved old school game. Expand
  59. Dec 24, 2011
    All the haters are retards. Case closed.
  60. Nov 28, 2011
    I honestly didn't think this game was that bad. I remember being little, Hearing about this game, 2003! 2005! Blah Blah Blah, It never happened. But finally it is here. This game DOES NOT take itself seriously, not that anybody expected it too anyway. If you are a shooter fan pick this game up. It is only like.. 20$ in U.S.A. Well worth 20 bucks
  61. Nov 17, 2011
    I put the disk in and watch the intro. 'this looks promising' I thought to myself. I find myself in a bathroom and urinate in the toilet. In one cubicle I find a turd I can pick up and throw. I painted the bathroom brown. Then I draw a phallic object on the whiteboard for the military plans. The first part of the game is full of amusing things like this, and when I was playing I thought toI put the disk in and watch the intro. 'this looks promising' I thought to myself. I find myself in a bathroom and urinate in the toilet. In one cubicle I find a turd I can pick up and throw. I painted the bathroom brown. Then I draw a phallic object on the whiteboard for the military plans. The first part of the game is full of amusing things like this, and when I was playing I thought to myself 'this is the best game ever!'... And then I had to kill aliens. It all went downhill from there. The controls were clunky and it was to be quite honest, a boring experience. I would rather chuck poo in game for 8 hours than actually do what it was this game asked of me. Shocking how the game turned from great to garbage in the space of 20 minutes. Seriously, nothing fun after the intro and a complete waste of time. I'll be honest I did not finish it, but it's just like my grandfather used to say 'you don't need to finish eating a lump of faeces to know you don't like it.' Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    Out of all the Games I've watched and played. Duke Nukem Forever has to be the WORSE one I've Played for 2011! Bad Graphics, Unfair bosses, Lame Turret moments, the game practically telling you what weapons to use, a Story line no one will care about, Easy Puzzles,Horrible character animations (Seriously, if you play this watch the characters cause it is horrible to look at!),mostly lameOut of all the Games I've watched and played. Duke Nukem Forever has to be the WORSE one I've Played for 2011! Bad Graphics, Unfair bosses, Lame Turret moments, the game practically telling you what weapons to use, a Story line no one will care about, Easy Puzzles,Horrible character animations (Seriously, if you play this watch the characters cause it is horrible to look at!),mostly lame Jokes (think the ones about the flying spaghetti monsters (Octopus) were the only ones I laughed at) And Finally, the ruining of the Duke. So I think Either a Different company should have brought Duke Nukem back, or it should have stayed dead. So to all who haven't played this Game yet, Please don't!.. Expand
  63. Nov 13, 2011
    Graphics: 5.5 - 8.5

Sound: 7

Gameplay: 7

Presentation: 7.5

Lasting appeal: 7

OVERALL: 7
    OK game but not great. Fun to play if you are a Duke fan
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    DO NOT LET THE TRAILER FOOL YOU! What the launch trailer makes Duke Nukem Forever out to be is a fun, stripper filled, ass-kicking time. The real experience is an ugly, sloppy "shooter". The reason I put shooter in quotations is because half the time your not shooting, your solving half-assed puzzles or watching the loading screen, which takes a solid 30 seconds to a minute to load. NowDO NOT LET THE TRAILER FOOL YOU! What the launch trailer makes Duke Nukem Forever out to be is a fun, stripper filled, ass-kicking time. The real experience is an ugly, sloppy "shooter". The reason I put shooter in quotations is because half the time your not shooting, your solving half-assed puzzles or watching the loading screen, which takes a solid 30 seconds to a minute to load. Now there were a couple entertaining parts and one good laugh I had, but overall, it's not worth the purchase. Rent it if you really must Expand
  65. Oct 26, 2011
    Ugly , dated , pervert and idiotic , Duke Nukem aged 16 or I don't know how many years took but what it sure did was to be Forever be forgotten , all in the "Duke" style.
  66. Oct 23, 2011
    If you like Duke Nukem 3D, youll like this game. If you despise the character or were too young to play Duke Nukem 3D, or simply dont remember it at all- ignore this and go play your CoD. This game is made for the fans of DN only. I believe many people are bashing it simply because it took so long to come out and its an easy target after all the hype, which is unprofessional. Heres what IIf you like Duke Nukem 3D, youll like this game. If you despise the character or were too young to play Duke Nukem 3D, or simply dont remember it at all- ignore this and go play your CoD. This game is made for the fans of DN only. I believe many people are bashing it simply because it took so long to come out and its an easy target after all the hype, which is unprofessional. Heres what I liked:
    1.Lengthy single player game. 2.Good pacing thoughout.
    3.Duke says some funny stuff throughout the game. 4.Simply fun to play. Heres what I didnt like:
    1. After installation on the xbox 360 HDD, load times between deaths/levels are still about 25 seconds.
    2. Graphics are fine, but framerate can get muddy if explosions going onscreen. 3. Can only hold two weapons at a time. Anyways I thought it was a fun game. And its around $10-$20 now so now is the time to get it.
  67. Oct 23, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever's campaign was really fun, especially the interactive parts at the start. But after completing it multiple times, I tried the multiplayer. I would have rated it a higher mark if it was just the campaign, but the multiplayer is just so bad in my opinion.
  68. Oct 7, 2011
    This game might be living in the last decade, but it has character and a great sense of humour that makes it unique, enjoyable and worth playing.

I think this is the first game EVER to of actually made me laugh out loud several times throughout the game. It features strippers, swearing, toilet humour and is generally rude, crude and very vulgar, if your in any way offended at all by these or are a bit of prude, then do not play this game, you will not like it! The game actually starts you off in a boss fight, so straight into action, but for the next few levels afterwards the game slows down to a snails pace and relys too heavily on dukes character, one liners and actions for me. Its not until you get a few chapters into the game before the real gameplay starts to hit home. The game also has quite a few half life 2 inspired puzzles scattered around, ok so they dont fit into the incredibly (intentionally) stupid plot but they do well to break up the levels which can feel slightly repetitive. As the game progresses even further, more weapons, enemies and game mechanics are thrown into the mix and the game fares much better as a result. We all know there are a few issues with the game, the graphics are outdated, the textures are outdated, the gameplay is outdated, in fact the whole technology this game is based on.. is outdated. Outdated doesnt mean bad though, some people think, if the game doesnt have A, B or C then its not worth playing.. as duke would say... "My balls, your face"... I think on the whole, this game has been very harshly reviewed by critics and users alike... If I compare it to Wolfenstein which has got a much higher review score, Wolfenstein has more weapons, lengthier campaign, not totally linear, more features and probably better mulitplayer.. which game would I rather play - Duke Nukem, every single time - its way more enjoyable to play.

The only one real bugbear I can really throw at this game and one that does negatively affect the game is the long loading screens, they generally last about 30 seconds but they occur going into each new level, and more painfully, everytime you die, which make tricky areas a chore. Thankfully the game isnt too hard, even on the hard setting, there were only two areas which took a while to complete for me.

At the start of the game I was a bit worried the game wouldnt do the Duke name proud, at the end of the game I thought the game could of done with a bit more polish.. but I really enjoyed it and glad the king is back! More please!!
  69. Oct 3, 2011
    Its not a bad game by any means just not great or what it should have been Its good in the respect that it has good old duke back and all his quotes and all the original enemy's and weapons but that's where parts of the game fall flat most of the enemy's are the same and are animated very stiffly and really no new weapons beside dukes fists and a two weapon limit? Why? If Prey, DOOM 3 andIts not a bad game by any means just not great or what it should have been Its good in the respect that it has good old duke back and all his quotes and all the original enemy's and weapons but that's where parts of the game fall flat most of the enemy's are the same and are animated very stiffly and really no new weapons beside dukes fists and a two weapon limit? Why? If Prey, DOOM 3 and Quake 4 can have unlimited weapons why cant duke? And another disappointment no mighty foot from Duke 3d just the generic weapon butt attack every fps uses now and days. And the graphics arnt bad just not great If you like the old duke games you will find something to like here And oh did i mention the ending has to have been the biggest slap in the face ive seen in a LONG time. Expand
  70. Oct 1, 2011
    First of let me address the problems people are talking about in this game. First of they say it has outdated graphics when there are alot of games out there with outdated graphics games like Portal 2 and Deus Ex but people seen to ignore that. Secondly people are saying that the game has boring and repetitive environments, well alot of shooters specially the so called awesome FPS gamesFirst of let me address the problems people are talking about in this game. First of they say it has outdated graphics when there are alot of games out there with outdated graphics games like Portal 2 and Deus Ex but people seen to ignore that. Secondly people are saying that the game has boring and repetitive environments, well alot of shooters specially the so called awesome FPS games have repetitive and similar environments as well but most of them seem to get critical acclaim and a positive reception. This game does have similar areas, but they were still fun and entertaining to me and on top of that there is some enemy variety which alot of FPS lack and fanboys and critics just totally ignore them and refuse to point them out as an issue. Than they talk about Duke's character being outdated, well Duke seems to have aged but what were you expecting Duke to be repackaged into a serious. nerdy or a big tough muscle headed guy, that would have been awful and would have killed and destroyed everything Duke Nukem stood for and destroyed his legacy. Sure some of his jokes can get old but there are alot of points in the game where I just cannot stop laughing, like at the parts when he says puzzles are for p*****s. People are also saying that the game is too hard, well if the game is hard than first play on Easy in your first playthrough. Complaining about a game for its difficulty is stupid specially when it has 3 difficulty options. The driving segments were fun for me and a decent change of pace, despite the badly assigned controls. The gun selection and customization options are also good, however I hate that the game has a 2 weapon limit, I will get to that in a bit. The music is classic Duke Nukem and sound effects are also very good. Plus the game has alot of nudity and adult stuff with alot of mature gamers may like. The multiplayer mode is fun and has a good amount of modes to keep your interest invested in it. Sure the execution could have been better and there are a number of flaws in the modes I still enjoyed it. All that being said this game is far from being great, there are a good number of issues the puzzles are just awful and boring, some enemies and all bosses are very overpowered so dying can be a real b**tch, the loading screen takes forever for the consoles,ridiculous voice acting. The mini games that are there are poorly designed and boring. And my major problem with the game is the 2 weapon limit why could it not allow you to carry as many weapons as you want the two weapons limits make the boss battles painful because if you want to win easily and without alot of trouble you will have to use the rocket launcher. The story is ok it is very similar to the old Duke Nukem games having Duke fighting and stopping aliens story is not well written or really in depth or anything but it serves its purpose. However the ending of the game was very very disappointing. Overall I would say the Duke Nukem forever is a good game which fails to live up to its potential and hype and considering this was in development for 12 years expectations were very very high for it. Despite having alot of issues and being dated I still think it has a fine number of things which will be liked and enjoyed by both some long time Duke Nukem fans and new players alike. However I don't recommend buying it you would rather rent it or borrow it first and give it a try and see if you like it. 7/10 Expand
  71. Sep 27, 2011
    --[THE GOOD]-- The unlockable extras are pretty cool

- Some exciting firefights -- [THE BAD] -- - ...but utterly awful boss battles - Ugly visuals plagued with slow loading textures and frame rate drops - Poor voice acting and immature, high school jock-like dialogue - Loading screen after loading screen after **** loading screen! - 'Mini Duke' sections are plain **** completely
    --[THE GOOD]-- The unlockable extras are pretty cool

- Some exciting firefights

-- [THE BAD] --

- ...but utterly awful boss battles

- Ugly visuals plagued with slow loading textures and frame rate drops

- Poor voice acting and immature, high school jock-like dialogue

- Loading screen after loading screen after **** loading screen!

- 'Mini Duke' sections are plain **** completely dull and infuriating

- The multiplayer is everything that the word 'crap' stands for

(GRAPHICS) - [3] - The graphics are a messy affair. They absolutely scream the fact that they went through three different console generations before finally settling on the current seventh generation, though they most definitely don't live up to it and there are some pretty blinding signs of older generation graphical remnants. The visuals are ugly enough, but just when you thought it could only get better it gets worse; unforgivable slow-loading textures and frequent frame rate drops plague each and every level and there are many instances where an object catches your eye and all that comes to mind is 'seriously...?'. One of the worst levels for technical fudge-ups is "The Mighty Foot", which sees Duke rollin' in a monster truck ('cos he's mega tough, of course) amidst a flurry of enemies falling through the ground, seconds-long frame rate drops and objects randomly flinging themselves around the place. You have to admire the developers' confidence that the graphics could actually be passed off as acceptable. HA!...

For the full review, y'all can find it on my blog at www.garygamesouparchive.blogspot.com/2011/07/duke-nukem-forever-xbox-360.html
  72. Sep 9, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever is more interesting as a cultural artifact than it is as an actual game. And to its credit, it banks on that history with an impressive swath of goodies, like old screenshots, concept art, and trailers after finishing the campaign. If you want all of your Duke Nukem Forever nostalgia in one place, the game serves as an adequate museum. After such a sordid development,Duke Nukem Forever is more interesting as a cultural artifact than it is as an actual game. And to its credit, it banks on that history with an impressive swath of goodies, like old screenshots, concept art, and trailers after finishing the campaign. If you want all of your Duke Nukem Forever nostalgia in one place, the game serves as an adequate museum. After such a sordid development, Duke Nukem Forever's greatest accomplishment may be that it exists. It fails to appeal even as kitsch, and it's hard to see this game as anything but the a relic of its era. This aging series, like its hero, has failed to keep up with the times. Expand
  73. Sep 9, 2011
    I was hoping to be wrong, but finally i am very disappointed (as expected). The atmosphere is the same, there are fun parts (DN is funny) but gameplay is very very dissappointing. gameplay is very imbalanced, enemies are dumb but sometimes overpowered compared to the situation. didnt wirth to try...
  74. Aug 27, 2011
    Thoroughly enjoyed this game! Ending was a bit fast but I'm not sure if that's because I completed it on normal difficulty. But yeah - unique, interesting, and stylish! Obviously not perfect and you have to take it on it's own terms and bear in mind it's history. Being a big fan of the previous game, I could appreciate every tweak, change, line, section and desire of the developers to doThoroughly enjoyed this game! Ending was a bit fast but I'm not sure if that's because I completed it on normal difficulty. But yeah - unique, interesting, and stylish! Obviously not perfect and you have to take it on it's own terms and bear in mind it's history. Being a big fan of the previous game, I could appreciate every tweak, change, line, section and desire of the developers to do what they did!

Some bits are truly amazing. Very rarely does it seriously disappoint, although the driving sections are a bit dull.

Consistently a 7-8/10 in my book :)
  75. Aug 27, 2011
    At least these guys had some good smoke and picked up a lot of girls telling them they were going to be stars during the development of this game. I hope they scored good because this game didn't. Not a stinker but close. We can all laugh, not with, AT. I want my money back. 60$ Sheesh!
  76. Aug 15, 2011
    Duke nukem 3d had defined sexual content in gaming but when picking this up and looking at the stupid OFLC rating of MA15+ for strong violence,sexual refrences,drug refrences and crude humor I thought it was going to be a fun and slightly dirty game but I was wrong in more ways then one.

The games graphics were dirty the framrates were strange and swearing (which was in the raiting) was so frequent and disusting that the game had me on the edge plus the games nudity was not funny or sexual in the way the original made it but insted reliestic and strange the game also seemed to try so many things to make it worth the time E.G throwing feces, making jokes about the games devlopment and large amount of gore and weapons but the game just fails in 3 hours then its run gun and get fustrated then turn it off from the content that the game does so well but makes it fell that the devlopers tried too hard. in the end its mediocre but got a six because the multiplayer is good fun and the boss battles are good large scale and remind you of the old duke.
  77. Aug 12, 2011
    Of course this is not like the older games, but this one will probably take you to a new level and a different story of the Duke Nukem series. Sure it can be disappointing to some, but it could be entertaining to others. Even though the game kicks ass and chews bubblegum, there are lots of things I would like to improve on in parts where it's all out of gum.

So the melee attacks without

So the melee attacks without guns should be more, you know, stylized, if you ask me. Plus the walking path puzzles should be a little more complex, not just walking up on wooden planks and tentacles. I know there is more to it than that, but why not add some debris? The fallen alien drop ship on the level where the mighty foot runs out of gas for the third time counts, but how about fallen stalactites in the mine? The weapons are a perfect variety, and almost every piece of arsenal Duke has is in high quality, however you could have made him dual wield pistols like always. Octopus like aliens should be easier to fight against, but more stylized. And the Cycloid Emperor boss at the end of the game should contain more moves, and not need the assistance of drones and pig cops. There is one big thing I hate about this game.

The load in between missions, I keep dying while trying to fight the Octoking, and there is no other music to choose from? I know you guys are trying to be old time, but seriously. Overall, the game is great for 3 maybe 4 reasons.

1. The graphics are not like other games in this generation, but they are somewhat appreciatable. 2. The game play: Every time you even freeze a dead body of a human being, you feel like bashing its limbs apart, when you melee attack it, it explodes! Yes I know you cant blast bosses open like that, but hey! There too huge! When you shoot an enemy with the shrink ray, the enemy obviously shrinks to toy size, and it becomes easy to kill just by stepping on it, blow it up with a car grenade. I like how the sticky bombs with security lasers attach to big enemies, and they explode! I like the Idea of interactive environments, like pissing in the urinal, getting the stripper to shake it, or even put a rat in the microwave and make it explode!
    3. Dukes attitude, enough said. Power armor is for **** according to him.
    4. It actually has ENJOYABLE BOSS BATTLES! For an FPS shooter that is. Its like a Doom 3 wannabe which is not a bad thing.
  78. Aug 10, 2011
    Utter trash, a horrid mess of a game in all aspects. Dated graphics, gameplay and quite frankly the shortest single player campaign in the universe. Avoid at all costs.
  79. Aug 4, 2011
    The game Duke Nukem forever had its own little good qualities, BUT we only really play it for the little games like pin ball and air hokey, the games combat wasnt actally that bad but it didnt really give us alot of fun when in battle, the only real fun i had on it was drawing on the white board and driving the monster truck. Its sad to see the Duke in such a boring game, i really do hopeThe game Duke Nukem forever had its own little good qualities, BUT we only really play it for the little games like pin ball and air hokey, the games combat wasnt actally that bad but it didnt really give us alot of fun when in battle, the only real fun i had on it was drawing on the white board and driving the monster truck. Its sad to see the Duke in such a boring game, i really do hope there will be another Duke Nukem game because it would be sad to just end on such a bad game... Expand
  80. Aug 1, 2011
    I'm old enough to remember when Duke was supposed to be cool. Well, he never was but today he's completely incomprehensible. This game could never meet the expectations but it could have been serviceable. Instead it's a complete technical mess, ugly like an alien pig's face. There are underrated shooters out there but DNF is not one of them. Avoid.
  81. Jul 24, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever was never going to live up to the immeasurable hype after waiting through the lifespan of the average cat duke gives us a game that will sell but only because of its past but ont to the game.Duke starts off at the fair pace take a leak says a few one liners and fights a massive alien.
    so far so promising.Then its time for the real game and things go downhill fast so fast you will get motion sicknes.when you look at this game it should be measured by what it is offering/a ton of crap not its history the graphics tell the tale of its development perfectly i found these more offensive than the woman next door would find the too be honest quite crap humour.Yes its not even funny its immature but not funny immature also this will amaze you its a better expierience on pc apparently yh and i hear you can run it on the lowest of settings well how come my xbox struggles to hold this **** in.the load times are too long the random difficulty spikes the GAME ITSELF is utter bollocks it has wonky aiming and you know what ther is a wall of **** yh i mean it but back to the difficulty spikes i found myself vomiting vulgar rainbows at many points through this game i was suprised my flatmates did nott think i was getting killed or attacked by a killer sheep(it happened once)if this franchise can weather this horrific ****storm i will be suprised and if you are one of those fanboys i have this to say unlike you i can read and write hold down a paying job and tend not to foam at the mouth now please write your strongly worded 2000 letter long message with that bad gramma of yours and live your miserable life.
    bye sincerly fanbanta1
  82. Jul 22, 2011
    One of the worst video games I have ever played. "EPIC piece of **** w gameould be a compliment next to what I could really say about this game. Honestly, the 4.1 rating it recieved is just someone being nice. This game FAILS.
  83. Jul 21, 2011
    As a gamer of a certain age, I played and loved Duke Nukem 3D back in the day. I've read a lot of reviews from the critics, almost all of them extemely negative. I thought this rather unfair on the game, a lot of reviews written along the lines of "doesn't like like a game in production for 12 years, sexist, swearing, awful graphics, no new guns etc etc". Almost every review I readAs a gamer of a certain age, I played and loved Duke Nukem 3D back in the day. I've read a lot of reviews from the critics, almost all of them extemely negative. I thought this rather unfair on the game, a lot of reviews written along the lines of "doesn't like like a game in production for 12 years, sexist, swearing, awful graphics, no new guns etc etc". Almost every review I read was the same, ending with a low score.

I want to address the balance slightly. DNF may have been in production for 12 years, but given the history of that production it's a miracle the game came out at all. The game repeatedly started from scratch, cancelled, started again, worked on at home by unpaid former employees, the reality is the game has mostly been developed over the past couple of years with some older material and ideas added in. The game is a bit of a mess as a result, understandly.

Other negatives thrown at DNF by the critics are about the content of the game, sexism, nudity, swearing. We knew it would contain this stuff though, it's a Duke Nukem game, we were expecting it. The game was written for gamers who played the original Duke games, people who like games with fluffy dancing rabbits should probably not buy it.

The game itself is unashamedly old school with lots of aliens to blast, babes to rescue, big guns, cheesy one liners and pop culture references throughout. There's the obligitory driving sections, jumping sections, underwater bits, alien lair level, massive end of level bosses, all unashamedly retro gaming.

There are plenty of negatives to dwell on if you were expecting a modern game for a modern audience. But this isn't a modern game for a modern audience, it's a new old game for an older audience which sadly has suffered for all of its development problems.

It's a mess, the graphics are adequate in places and poor in others, the loading times are ridiculous, and there's nothing really new in there that we wouldn't have seen in the year 2000 when this should have been released. If you are new to Duke, then the rampant sexism, bad language and nudity will be a shock compared to other shooters.

On the positive side, shooting alien pig cops with shotguns is still great fun, stomping miniature aliens shrunk with the shrink ray gun is still funny, as is shattering frozen foes with the freeze ray.

Despite it's flaws, if you were a fan back in the day, then DNF is not actually as awful as the smug journalists would have you believe.

We knew what we were getting and overall it's not bad. I paid £40 for it and traded it back in 2 weeks later for £35. Did I have £5's worth of entertainment out of the game? Hell yes.

Hopefully the game will sell enough copies so that Gearbox Software can produce another Duke game in the future that will redeem this belated effort.

Great effort getting this out guys, can we have a sequel in the next 2 years please chaps?
  84. Jul 16, 2011
    I think this game is really bad because in my opinion this game makes you do what a monkey does, like throwing s**t .About the gameplay, well its just another awful fps like call of duty, homefront and terminator salvation. The graphics are awful for a game being developed for 12 years and the worst thing in my opinion was the insult to Halo. This game doesn't have the right to insult aI think this game is really bad because in my opinion this game makes you do what a monkey does, like throwing s**t .About the gameplay, well its just another awful fps like call of duty, homefront and terminator salvation. The graphics are awful for a game being developed for 12 years and the worst thing in my opinion was the insult to Halo. This game doesn't have the right to insult a masterpiece like Halo. I think the waiting was not worth it and if you want to play this game rent it because it's not worth 60 euros Expand
  85. Jul 13, 2011
    I've been playing this game for about an hour or so, and I've been pretty much bored throughout the entire ride. Sure, Duke's comments got a few chuckles out of me, but other than that, this game is not very fun. My biggest issues with it are the clunky controls, the shallow combat system, and the LONG ass load times. Because of the lack of precision in the game's controls, combat isI've been playing this game for about an hour or so, and I've been pretty much bored throughout the entire ride. Sure, Duke's comments got a few chuckles out of me, but other than that, this game is not very fun. My biggest issues with it are the clunky controls, the shallow combat system, and the LONG ass load times. Because of the lack of precision in the game's controls, combat is simply not fun. It becomes limited to "point your gun and pull the trigger".

I see a lot of people talking about how "old-school" this game is, and they seem to believe that just because it is a flashback to the old-school, it's fun simply for that reason. Well...I'm 24 years old, and I've been gaming since before I could walk. I've played games from the NES, the SNES, Sega Genesis, the PS1, N64, PS2, PC games, as well as the Xbox 360 and PS3. I played the ORIGINAL Duke Nukem when I was very young - and no, I do not speak of Duke Nukem 3D, though I have played that as well. I bet most of you don't even know what I'm talking about...and if you do, well...you're probably old school like me. I also went before even my time and dabbled in the Atari 2600. I know old school.

And, let me tell you - even by old-school standards, this game falls short. I did not come to this game with high expectations, like some of you might accuse. I rented this game expecting a good time - nothing more. And I was still disappointed, because I am not having a good time. The very fact that I would rather spend time writing this review than playing the game that I just got an hour ago (and bored all the way through that hour) is testament to this fact. Combat is slow and boring, and Duke's one-liners - while mildly entertaining - are not enough to redeem its shallow combat system. Duke Nukem 3D's combat was much more fast-paced and its weapons/gadgets were much more fun to use.

You guys want a good time? You want to know what good old-school shooters are? Is your computer newer than 1995? Then I recommend you find a copy of the original Doom...or even Doom II. Download yourself a DOS emulator (DosBOX is good), and enjoy. You'll find a game that is both simple, yet massively fun...DNF manages to get the former right, but unfortunately not the latter.
  86. Jul 13, 2011
    Plenty of reasons exist for gamers to dislike DNF, but only one stuck out to me enough to mar the game experience: the technology running the game is a mess. Loading screens will easily last 30 seconds or longer (something I don't normally complain about, since Mass Effect 2 also had long load screens - except ME2 actually had gameplay worth waiting for), textures rarely ever load rightPlenty of reasons exist for gamers to dislike DNF, but only one stuck out to me enough to mar the game experience: the technology running the game is a mess. Loading screens will easily last 30 seconds or longer (something I don't normally complain about, since Mass Effect 2 also had long load screens - except ME2 actually had gameplay worth waiting for), textures rarely ever load right away, and the quality of the graphics inversely relates to the framerate (i.e. good graphics with bad framerate, bad graphics with smooth framerate). I think I would have been willing to overlook any of the game's shortcomings if it looked and ran as well as Call of Duty or any other big-budget shooter. It's not the most inventive game to come around, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. I actually had more fun than I was expecting to with the driving/platforming segments, and the shooting itself boasts a large variety of weapons and enemies. The level design is pretty linear, but the backdrops were often exciting to me. Sadly, the game seems to struggle even with the archaic technology behind it. It's not unplayable, but prepare to be frustrated by at least a few things if you decide to pick this game up. Expand
  87. Jul 6, 2011
    DNF left me feeling depressed and hardly surprised about the games short comings. I certainly hope this doesn't green light remakes of games of the era like Blood, Shadow Warrior and Red Neck Rampage, although due to this abominable failure such things will never surface.
  88. Jul 4, 2011
    I knew this game was going to be very outdated when I played it, after all waiting a decade. But I had NO idea it was going to be this bad. The overuse of being shrunk, combined with LOOOOONNNGGG load times made this game pretty much unplayable. Sorry Duke, but your forever ended with this game.
  89. Jul 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What is this piece of software? Just railroading stupid levels, no secret areas, no secret levels, nothing really to explore, just killing babes or watching dying babes instead of rescuing them. WTF? That's everything, but not Duke Nukem. Expand
  90. Jul 1, 2011
    I can't understand: why nobody like this game? It's really cool! A lot of good jokes, explosive gun part, and driving on the BIGFOOT makes this game quite interesting. I've finished Duke Nukem Forever and I can tell you with great pleasure that it isn't boring. You should try it!
  91. Jun 30, 2011
    Acceptable graphics, needs to be better.
    Really is the sum of the total experience and not just the few first levels.
    Pros: -Interaction -Environment -Delivery -Knick Knacks -Ego Builiding methods fit in nicely Cons: -AI needed to be more aggressive and en masse.(Duke saving the world from a handful of aliens, pshhhuuu...wtf) -Not an awesome shooter in sense of weapon selection (ex. need
    Acceptable graphics, needs to be better.
    Really is the sum of the total experience and not just the few first levels.

Pros:
    -Interaction
    -Environment
    -Delivery
    -Knick Knacks
    -Ego Builiding methods fit in nicely

Cons:
    -Not an awesome shooter in sense of weapon selection (ex. need to expand melee)/ using terrain.
    -A couple levels lost some focus to fill time( just the driving bit, could have been slightly shorter, unless I missed something. Like the character head from borderlands on the water level ).

Recommendations for improvement:
    Better/More guns ( both kinds ;D ) , Superb Graphics, Improved Storyline (No B.1 to B.2 to Complete B ), "Pressure" Puzzles

One last thing, a Duke Quote: "My balls, your face."
  92. Jun 30, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever is an absolutely horrible experience. Let's just get that out of the way. Let me just say that I played Duke Nukem 3D and I loved it, one of my favorite shooters of all time. Back then the game was revolutionary and fun, the humor was risqué but remaining funny and non offensive.
    Now before I go on I know that many Duke fans, that you have to be a Duke fan
    Now before I go on I know that many Duke fans, that you have to be a Duke fan or you have to be able to understand Forevr to understand it. See, I could understand this but Duke Nukem Forever is such an atrocity, such an abominatio , so far away from what made the original so grand, and so unbelievably immature, immoral, and sexist, finding no mercy for the poor women surrounded in the evil circumstances.
    Top that with incredibly tired and dated shooting, visuals, sound design, driving sections, and puzzles all who poke fun at games that Forever has no right to make foul of such as, Half-Life and Halo. In the end Forever comes across as a worthless, tired, and offensive documentation of a game that spent too long in development hell and was truly overshadowed in techinal terms and fun terms by everything else on the market. It is an utterly horrible "game" that will be "forever" remembered as an lackluster and disaster of a game that no chance of success.
  93. Jun 28, 2011
    i LOVED this game i think its funny fun and just awsome the graphic arent even really bad who ever said that is an idiot if you like fun games this game is for you Duke nukem is back but better but still the same duke we knew from earlier games
  94. Jun 27, 2011
    The game itself is quite fun. It does have it's moments. What gets me is it seems the producers forgot Duke is supposed to be a parody. They take him seriously. And that is the biggest problem by far with this game.
  95. Jun 27, 2011
    To me this game seemed to lack a lot of things.
    But the nostalgia trip kept me satisfied throughout the game. The game play was average at best and the graphics look like they were made for a game in 2007.
    The story was easy to follow but It just couldn't keep me immersed in the game. But the bad things aside, some parts of the game were amazingly fun. If it was just a battle against a
    To me this game seemed to lack a lot of things.

The story was easy to follow but It just couldn't keep me immersed in the game.
    But the bad things aside, some parts of the game were amazingly fun.
    If it was just a battle against a pig cop or a epic boss battle, it always managed to be fun.

All in all this game is something I wish I rented rather than bought.
  96. Jun 25, 2011
    I wouldn't say this game is as bad as many made it out to be, although it's certainly no masterpiece. I liked some of the gameplay elements, even if they were a bit dated. The humor is crude so some will like it and some won't. I found parts of it amusing. The graphics are certainly nothing to write home about and some of the textures look like they're from the original development cycleI wouldn't say this game is as bad as many made it out to be, although it's certainly no masterpiece. I liked some of the gameplay elements, even if they were a bit dated. The humor is crude so some will like it and some won't. I found parts of it amusing. The graphics are certainly nothing to write home about and some of the textures look like they're from the original development cycle in 1997. The load times are definitely bad and were probably my biggest motivation for not dying.

I didn't play much of the multiplayer because it just didn't seem that fun to me. Maybe if I got better at it and practiced it could be. It reminded me a lot of the original Duke multiplayer which I'm sure is what they were going for. It could probably be fun if you were playing with people you knew but playing against strangers online doesn't do it much justice.

In summary, the game might be worth a few hours of your time at 20 or 30 dollars but I wouldn't pay full price for this game. As a matter of fact, I rather play a reskinned version of the original Duke Nukem.
  97. Jun 23, 2011
    Not going to lie I haven't made it all the way thru... I was pretty entertained for the first half hour to hour but now this game feels like work and the only reason I have interest in finishing it is b/c of how bad the reviews are... There are some cool gameplay mechanics here... BUT, majority of the enemy encounters feel too arena based and the gunplay is just not fun... The best partNot going to lie I haven't made it all the way thru... I was pretty entertained for the first half hour to hour but now this game feels like work and the only reason I have interest in finishing it is b/c of how bad the reviews are... There are some cool gameplay mechanics here... BUT, majority of the enemy encounters feel too arena based and the gunplay is just not fun... The best part of the game is interacting with the objects in the environments and that eventually gets old too... This game is not a 4/10, but it's understandable considering the long awaited hype... Also Why no iron sights? Expand
  98. Jun 23, 2011
    What a complete waste of space this game is. When DN3d was out I played it for ages, I turned this cr*p game of before finishing the 1st level it is so bad. Graphics are terrible, game play terrible. I guess if they had released this in the 90's it would have been an OK game. Shame on gearbox.
  99. Jun 22, 2011
    i think that this game well it was good but they should of improve it a lot more. the graphics are OK but to say that this is a Xbox 360 game the graphics should be 10 times better. the loading screen takes the pi*s to load and its very poor indeed i feel sorry for people if they are doing this game on insane difficulty cause the mount of times you die and trust me you will get pi*s offi think that this game well it was good but they should of improve it a lot more. the graphics are OK but to say that this is a Xbox 360 game the graphics should be 10 times better. the loading screen takes the pi*s to load and its very poor indeed i feel sorry for people if they are doing this game on insane difficulty cause the mount of times you die and trust me you will get pi*s off about the loading screens lol. there are times were he is funny but i don't think that this game is a 10/10 . Expand
  100. Jun 22, 2011
    I've never played a Duke Nukem game before this one so I really can't compare it to the other ones, I had heard a lot of mixed reviews, some saying it was awesome others saying it was terrible and the worst Duke Nukem yet, but if this is the worst I can't wait to have my mind blown by the others! this was one of my most anticipated games of 2011, so I had to go out and buy it, and for theI've never played a Duke Nukem game before this one so I really can't compare it to the other ones, I had heard a lot of mixed reviews, some saying it was awesome others saying it was terrible and the worst Duke Nukem yet, but if this is the worst I can't wait to have my mind blown by the others! this was one of my most anticipated games of 2011, so I had to go out and buy it, and for the most part I wasn't disappointed, the campaign is a lot of fun, with it's crude sense of humor and over the top action, and is easily the best part of this game, and the multiplayer is pretty good I had a lot of fun with it, and brings in a steady string of unlockables which you can look or ogle at in Duke's mansion, but it does have it's flaws it seems to lack polish in some areas, the graphics are dated, and it has some really long load times, so I can really understand why a lot of people hate this, but I love it, it's a great game, and I can't wait to play the older ones, and I hope they make a couple of sequels, "All Hail to the King, Baby!" Expand
  101. Jun 14, 2011
    First, let me start with the bad. The graphics are definitely not as good as they should be for a game made in 2011. The loading times between scenes and deaths make you contemplate if it would be faster to restart the game itself. The controls are very rigid. This game is also very linear compared to the original classic. And finally, if your looking for a game with a deeply invovlingFirst, let me start with the bad. The graphics are definitely not as good as they should be for a game made in 2011. The loading times between scenes and deaths make you contemplate if it would be faster to restart the game itself. The controls are very rigid. This game is also very linear compared to the original classic. And finally, if your looking for a game with a deeply invovling plot with intriguing storyline, then you obviously don't know the Duke Nukem franchise and are too young to be playing this anyways.

Now the good. It has all the Duke Nukem adult humor and lines. (Granted borrowed from Bruce Campbell) Pretty much all the classic weapons and enemies, plus a couple new ones. Multiplayer follows the traditional classic pre CoD formula of picking up new weapons with an XP system to unlock items and themed girls for your penthouse and accessories your player.

My overall opinion: This game is just simply okay. It doesn't really bring anything new to the FPS genre or to the Duke Nukem franchise. A majority of the people will be buying this game simply for nostalgia, in which case this game does deliver. Also being able to buy a game with a more adult sense of humor is also nice. Multiplayer will keep you occupied for a little while as long as you are not too much of a Battlefield or CoD fanboy. I would say wait for this game to go down to the 20 dollars before buying it. Or just rent it.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Duke Nukem Forever aspires to take gamers back to a different period in the gaming continuum. What it will really do is inspire you to take it back to the store for a full and complete refund.
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    The potential for a fun but simple shooter is here, but even with Gearbox at the helm Duke Nukem Forever is clearly a hastily-cobbled sum of unfinished parts. It could have been epic if it was released 3 to 4 years ago, but nowadays there are new rivals for the throne.
  3. Games Master UK
    Jul 25, 2011
    How can Duke be such a dick, have such an inconsistently crappy game and we still enjoy it? [Sept 2011, p.84]