7.3

1. Jul 15, 2012
    Dungeon Fighter Live represents much of what is wrong with console ports today. Nexon took thier fairly popular MMO and stripped it down to bare bones put an HD coat of paint on it and what would appear to be just for kicks added some truly terrible design elements. This of course is deemed worthy of 10 bucks where as the PC ver is free to play.

I can get past having only 3 of the 12
    classes, no sub classes and the MMO being removed for an awkward 4 player coop. What I find absolutely unforgivable is the game breaking design elements ADDED to the 360 ver. First of all as OXM mentions they made your main attack the loot button so good luck trying to do the single most important thing in a mission, keep your combo going, as you will be constantly interrupted by loot pick ups. Secondly and even more astoundingly both online and off line multiplayer are lock all players to the same screen. Yes in 2012 a game has been released in this condition. It boggles the mind as this serves no purpose other than to frustrate players trying to play with friends or just with other people.
    There are a myriad of other smaller issues, yet still annoying, that I won't go into that will ultimately leave most gamers wondering why Nexon even bothered with this port since they clearly weren't interested in it succeeding.

Suffice it to say only the hardcore dungeon crawler/beat em up fan should bother with DFL, at least until they update it (if they ever do).
  2. Jan 1, 2013
    This is definitively the worst beat'em up I've ever played. I don't believe that such mediocre game can be made in 2012. There are a lot of reasons not to play Dungeon Fighter Live:
    - The playability is nefarius, the game engine is really bad.
    - This is not a beat'em up, you fight against a few opponents in a very limited scenario. When yo finish them, you play another "room".
    - If you
    played the demo, yo played the game. The full game doesn't offer anything new, it's really repetitive and you will play the same stages a lot of times.
    - The online mode is ridiculous. You don't play the story mode, you play individual quests.
    - ... and a lot of reasons ...
    I only can suggest to avoid this game.

Like the goblins - it swings and misses. [Oct 2012, p.101]
  2. Aug 15, 2012
    Call me disappointed in the end for Dungeon Fighter Live. I was hoping to have a nice smoothie of fun, beat-em-up gameplay, RPG elements and loot blended into one, but I came away saddened and frustrated.
  3. Jul 27, 2012
    Questionable porting from PC version, only three classes and brainless dungeon level design leads to an average at best experience.