Dungeon Siege III Xbox 360

5.9

1. Jun 21, 2011
    I've enjoyed this little game. If you like old school hack and slash and plenty-a-loot then you will like this game. The leveling and talent tree systems work well and make you feel like you are definitely becoming more powerful. The graphics are decent with only a few minor camera hicups - mainly zooming in too far in some situations. I like the flashy spell effects as well. If you areI've enjoyed this little game. If you like old school hack and slash and plenty-a-loot then you will like this game. The leveling and talent tree systems work well and make you feel like you are definitely becoming more powerful. The graphics are decent with only a few minor camera hicups - mainly zooming in too far in some situations. I like the flashy spell effects as well. If you are playing single player your AI partner is capable of handling his/her own and will even pick up any loot you may have missed along the way. All in all the game works well and is pleasing to your eyes. I would recommend it to others. Expand
  2. Jun 25, 2011
    Love getting tons of loot? And wish there was a next gen successor to Dungeon Siege II? If you answered yes to either of those questions Dungeon Siege III is something you should look at. Dungeon Siege III was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and by god have they have done a good job. I had been looking for a next gen version of my favorite hack and slash games, Champions of NorrathLove getting tons of loot? And wish there was a next gen successor to Dungeon Siege II? If you answered yes to either of those questions Dungeon Siege III is something you should look at. Dungeon Siege III was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and by god have they have done a good job. I had been looking for a next gen version of my favorite hack and slash games, Champions of Norrath back on the PlayStation 2. Will Dungeon Siege III stand up to my scrutiny?

Co-op. Whether youâ
  3. Jun 21, 2011
    An exceptionally solid dungeon crawler, and certainly the best of its ilk on the 360. Solid in every aspect; has been nothing but addictive fun in 2-player co-op.
  4. Jun 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game by 17 th -Friday, so I had quite time to play through the weekend. I like it quite much. This game have beautiful graphics, good challenging fighting system (more action), ok plot, interesting exploring of new locations, quite well done creatures and for me re-playability â Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2011
    I do very simple reviews for metacritic since almost no one reads "WALL OF TEXT" affairs.

Graphics: Pretty until you zoom in on the lifeless character models Story: Predictable, but well told Sound: Voice acting is hit and miss Design: Very engaging when using a controller, nothing but frustration when using a mouse and keyboard. RPG elements are streamlined but definitely offers

Graphics: Pretty until you zoom in on the lifeless character models

Story: Predictable, but well told

Sound: Voice acting is hit and miss

Design: Very engaging when using a controller, nothing but frustration when using a mouse and keyboard. RPG elements are streamlined but definitely offers customization options.

Multiplayer: Ephemeral, player 2 gets nothing out of the experience in terms of loot or character advancement. That being said, itâ
  6. Jul 27, 2011
    I have really enjoyed this unexpected title. There wasn't a whole lot of hype about it, and at the same time there haven't been a whole lot of exciting releases for me lately. I started watching this game close to release, and got excited at the fact that I might be able to go on a good dungeon crawl.

Once i started getting into the game, I found the whole experience to be very

Once i started getting into the game, I found the whole experience to be very positive. Graphically the game was nice, and the structure to the game was that of a typical dungeon crawler. The backstory was interesting, and I got involved with the character to the extent where I really cared about making a difference to the Legion and trying to restore us to glory.

On top of that, the amount of loot was amazing- any true fan of an RPG with lots of loot will be at home with this one. The character development was satisfying enough, with the ability of earn EXP and level up your character down the path that you see fit. In terms of your abilities and their specialisations, you wont be able to unlock everything- so choices will have to be made. To me, that is a big part of a good RPG- choices which mean you totally forgo other choices.

The combat was great, it was smooth, intuitive and satisfying. Once you get a hang for the 2 stances and your characters abilities, then you will be able to seriously kick some enemy ass. The combat still had a good level of strategy to it, whilst feeling action packed at the same time.

One semi-downside is the short time, even if you go through and complete all side quests and explore/re-explore sections of the world, it will probably take between 15-20 hours for most people. For an RPG this is relatively short, however it sort of felt right for this game- it definitely achieves what it needed to. A saving grace to this fact is that there are 4 totally different characters, each of which play very differently, so you can play through with each of them once- this will add to re-playability greatly.

I have played through twice so far- once on normal setting, and the next on the hardcore/nightmare setting. This is thoroughly recommended for all true RPG fans who are up for the challenge.

Highly recommended!
  7. Jun 29, 2011
    I´ve fun with this game, you get 20 to 40 hours of arpg, leveling up is great and mission are deep and great fun to play. Co-op is a great add and i hope there will be some dlc. in a near future. Give it a chance, and you´ll see. Do not listen to the bad reviews.
  8. Jun 21, 2011
    So far the game is pretty good. the loot system could be a little better (different looks for helmets, armor, etc). The skills tree seems simplified but works well for he console. Fighting is fun but sometimes frustrating, but not so much that it becomes un-fun. Co-op is a bit clunky, online and local. This game is best played single player.

This game doesn't really break new ground,

This game doesn't really break new ground, but it's a great dungeon crawler. If you were into Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance or Champions of Norath, you'll dig this game. If you are not a fan of this type of game you will hate it for sure.

The particle effects in the game are great, and the engine is pretty nice looking. The camera can be a real pain in the butt at points but for the most part I find that if you click the right stick and make the camera come in close you can see more of the beautiful world.

This game is no Elder Scrolls, but it's well worth a playthrough.
  9. Jul 10, 2011
    On it's own, this is a very good game. The only gripe I agree with is that it's much different from the first two Dungeon Siege games. That's not enough to dislike it, however. I haven't enjoyed a game like this on the Xbox in a very long time. Very fun, engaging storyline. It was hard to put down

1. Sep 14, 2011
    It doesn't push the envelope aside from experimenting with gameplay but if you like this type of game you'll probably enjoy yourself as long as you speed through the story.
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    The story may not be the greatest, but the gameplay is solid and for that alone you should check it out.
    A fun game in places, but after one run through of the game you will not really have the urge to go back for more. This will certainly help you pass a few hours but beyond that it is hard to see it as little more than filler for bigger and better things.