Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale Xbox 360

5.0

1. May 26, 2011
    What a dissapointment that had so much possibility. From terrible fixed camera, god who doesnt allow you to change the height/elevation of you camera so as to get a persective your happy with, geesh. To glitches that at times just allows all the Monsters to freeze as you walk around the entire level hacking them down.

Or the below par dialogue and endless repetive boring smash barrel, 1

Or the below par dialogue and endless repetive boring smash barrel, 1 gold bla bla bla. But that dwindles to the poor character selection, customisation and wasted potential. D and D is so much about the character and seeing what unique development and power can be created. Daggerdale just brings itself back to the Golden Axe era, that was good in the 80's but is well and truly behind the times.
  2. May 26, 2011
    I was very excited about this release I'm with Game Spy on this one. I should have tried the demo before purchasing the game. I played a session of local co-op for 5 hours last night and it's a very dry and uninspired game. I expected a bit more complexity to the game play and character leveling since it's based on the 4th edition rules and some of the abilities/feats are pointless toI was very excited about this release I'm with Game Spy on this one. I should have tried the demo before purchasing the game. I played a session of local co-op for 5 hours last night and it's a very dry and uninspired game. I expected a bit more complexity to the game play and character leveling since it's based on the 4th edition rules and some of the abilities/feats are pointless to have (example: increased range on ranged attacks when the range is already extends to the edge of the screen from the start.) The camera controls are also horrible and the dungeon ceiling constantly blocked our view of the action.

This game might be worth 400 points but certainly not 1500 points. Don't waste your money. Single player Torchlight (which is a much older game) is far more entertaining than Daggerdale. Huge disappointment.
  3. May 30, 2011
    Its sad that this continues the weak attempt to project the RPG Tabletop experience that one has in D&D the table top game, but it was a nice attempt. I like games but still cant connect the name here with the original at all.
  4. Jun 3, 2011
    A total disappointment. For pure playability one could do worse...but there were just too many little problems to ignore. The control felt cumbersome, there was a tiny level cap with virtually no room for real character development, and wouldn't you know it...I even had skills suddenly vanish from time to time and was forced to relearn them. This game was more trouble than it was worth. IA total disappointment. For pure playability one could do worse...but there were just too many little problems to ignore. The control felt cumbersome, there was a tiny level cap with virtually no room for real character development, and wouldn't you know it...I even had skills suddenly vanish from time to time and was forced to relearn them. This game was more trouble than it was worth. I recommend you avoid it like plague. Expand
  5. May 26, 2011
    Terribly disappointing because I wanted desperately for this game to be good. I am such a big fan of the Action RPG dungeon crawler genre that I made the mistake of getting this game before hearing any opinions. I loved Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norath, but this game is a lackluster knockoff that does not live up to the standard those games set, even though released years after theTerribly disappointing because I wanted desperately for this game to be good. I am such a big fan of the Action RPG dungeon crawler genre that I made the mistake of getting this game before hearing any opinions. I loved Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norath, but this game is a lackluster knockoff that does not live up to the standard those games set, even though released years after the superior predecessors. Very poor sound, a restrictive and frustrating camera in which your view gets blocked or darkened out, chunky and clumsy gameplay and combat, and a boring sense of "been there, done that", all the while with the pain of buyer's remorse that it has been done better before. Unfortunately the most numerous bugs in the game are not the kind that you can slash, shoot, or blast into chitinous goo, but technical flaws and failures that plague the game engine and presentation. It is not fun to slash away constantly at countless and irritating inanimate barrels. The appeal of its source material, D&D, is a sense of freedom and excitement as you feel clever coming up with unconventional ways of solving problems using the ever expanding skills of your character in odd and creative ways. Nothing could be further from the experience here. It feels more like a chore than entertainment as you plod through the linear affair. A 2 if played by yourself, a 4 if played with friends, so I settled for a score of 3. Ultimately a complete waste of Microsoft Points and an insult to the a genre which deserves so much better. If the slightest amount of innovation or vision is excersised, this genre completely rocks. Torchlight, a fine diablo clone, blew it with no cooperative play. Now we will have to look to Dungeon Siege III and hope it does not screw the pooch as Daggerdale did. In the meantime, you will have much more fun picking up Baldur's Gate or Champions of Norrath (or either of their sequels) for another playthrough rather than suffering through dreaming of what Daggerdale could have been. Expand
  6. May 26, 2011
    Horrible, buggy game. Screen tearing abounds at 1080p, the game is riddled with bugs from the get go with NPCs getting stuck in textures or the camera getting stuck in the quest giver/NPC zoom view. Coop is an absolute mess and after several attempts where either myself or my coop partner were booted from the game because it lagged out, we just threw in the towel and gave up trying. TheHorrible, buggy game. Screen tearing abounds at 1080p, the game is riddled with bugs from the get go with NPCs getting stuck in textures or the camera getting stuck in the quest giver/NPC zoom view. Coop is an absolute mess and after several attempts where either myself or my coop partner were booted from the game because it lagged out, we just threw in the towel and gave up trying. The playable characters are absolutely cookie cutter - for a license where customizable characters is a draw, it's terribly disappointing that you can only play predetermined races/classes. Loot was ok, but nothing to write home about. All in all, the game has been, thus far, a buggy, uninspired, grindfest that lost its appeal after only 2-3 hours. Don't lose your money like I did; Save your $15, this game isn't worth it. Expand
  7. Jun 3, 2011
    As a game designer in the video game industry for over 15 years, I am at a loss why a company as well funded as Atari would allow such a buggy and terribly produced game to be released. Yes it is only $15 and yes it at times can be fun (when the game functions correctly). I figured that a Diablo-clone with a D&D theme at $15...how could you go wrong? Well lets just point out a couple ofAs a game designer in the video game industry for over 15 years, I am at a loss why a company as well funded as Atari would allow such a buggy and terribly produced game to be released. Yes it is only $15 and yes it at times can be fun (when the game functions correctly). I figured that a Diablo-clone with a D&D theme at $15...how could you go wrong? Well lets just point out a couple of bugs that should NEVER have been allowed to get past the QA dept: No Saves outside the Sanctuary areas or during quests?? Really? What is this Mario Bros back in early 90s with freaking save points?? Hey Atari, we live in 2011 and we have had save anywhere anytime in anygame for some time now...get with it.
    Cameras suck and many on here have already pointed that out. I'm willing to forgive that, despite almost dying because it sucks so bad. Menus have serious issues that, only because I learned years ago to work around buggy games. If you are in store menu and select the sell without prompt button and then click on scroll down on your side, items start to disappear and be sold. Oh and NO Buyback at 100% option if you make mistake when buying/selling?? Sigh, this game had nice potential to be quality Diablo-Lite with D&D theme. Unfortunately this game fails to deliver and has just enough bugs and lack of features that really does make this game NOT FUN. Yet I still tried to play it and just now at level 5 trying to kill the "traitor" character twice as he runs away from you and the camera sucks and you can't kill him in time, then bam it starts me over again like I died...WTF?@! You dev people at Bedlam suck and should never make another game again. STAY AWAY and save your money.
  8. Jun 28, 2011
    A complete disappointment and insult to D&D. This is oversimplified garbage. There are 4 pregenerated characters to choose from. You have absolutely no control over any of the stats looks oreven the gender of your character. If you want a female human mage too bad, you get a male halfling wizard. HALFLING? Who the hell ever heard of a HALFLING wizard before a HUMAN wizard. There are alsoA complete disappointment and insult to D&D. This is oversimplified garbage. There are 4 pregenerated characters to choose from. You have absolutely no control over any of the stats looks oreven the gender of your character. If you want a female human mage too bad, you get a male halfling wizard. HALFLING? Who the hell ever heard of a HALFLING wizard before a HUMAN wizard. There are also no gnomes! What the heck? That's a basic race in D&D! If you want oversimplified mindless hack and slash where the goal is to left click at monsters till they drop treasure this is for you. Expand
  9. Jun 12, 2011
    Its better then Dragon Age 2 but that is not saying much and it's cheap. It was very repetitive, lacked a map that can scroll, and all of the classes are a bit weak no voice acting and its still better then Dragon age 2.
  10. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is terrible! even with no bugs this game still not a good choice! You cant customize your characters' class / appearance / sex, this is the fun part of DnD but this game lacking. The feat / stats not as helpful as DnD games, you really dont have any feel of playing an action DnD game. Also the game not let you jump, nowadays an action game cant jump? This is not an enjoyableThis game is terrible! even with no bugs this game still not a good choice! You cant customize your characters' class / appearance / sex, this is the fun part of DnD but this game lacking. The feat / stats not as helpful as DnD games, you really dont have any feel of playing an action DnD game. Also the game not let you jump, nowadays an action game cant jump? This is not an enjoyable action game, this is not diablo in 3D, this game has no tactics, no puzzle to solve, keeping clicking mouse till enemies die, thats it. The most enjoyable thing is you can multiplay with up to 4 guys to finsih quests, but you will feel boring after a couple of hrs. Expand
  11. Jun 2, 2011
    Don't buy this game yet. It's bug-ridden. (You can permanently lose skill points, equipment, spells, abilities, etc - so you'll get to level 10 but you'll only have one or two powers left to use, as all your other points have vanished.) Wait for a patch at the very least, preferably wait for multiple patches and a drop in price - it's not worth $15 as it stands currently.

Daggerdale is

Daggerdale is a generic, bland hack & slash dungeon crawler. It's D&D in logo only - you do have trappings of 4th Edition in your character screen, but none of it matters much - you just walk around in caves and hit monsters. The story is bland and the gameplay isn't remarkable or innovative.

Multiplayer lacks a lobby system, and co-op has its own share of bugs (like merchant inventories disappearing completely for certain players). The game increases the challenge in co-op by doubling or tripling the amount of enemies you fight, which can make some early battles with low-level characters almost impossible. If you're just playing with one other friend and neither of you is a cleric, this results in a ridiculously grueling battle of attrition where every point of damage you take brings you closer to having to flee back to camp to restock health potions and get a free heal. (Good luck with that, though - merchants only carry 5 potions in their inventory, and that's shared across 2-4 players.) The health / death / save system is awful. You don't regen health between battles; you can't rest or eat food or bandage or do anything to replenish your health outside of combat other than drinking healing potions, which replenish maybe 20% of your life bar. When you die, you are penalized XP and gold and you respawn at the nearest safe area. That in itself isn't a problem, but you also lose all your quest progress, even if you "saved" your game 5 seconds prior to dying. (For example, if you need to collect 5 keys and you die after collecting 4 of them, you lose all your progress and restart with 0 of 5 keys collected, forcing you to replay the whole quest. It's a cheap, obnoxious way to increase played time.) All in all, the game has potential but it's currently a buggy mess. Avoid it until and unless it gets fixed and the price drops to $5 from the current $15.
  12. Jul 19, 2011
    Sucked worse than a cold McGriddle. So much potential, like Lindsay Lohan pre-Mean Girls. Insulting for anyone whom appreciates the franchise or who are smarter than Lenny from 'Of Mice and Men'

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale could have been a great title if the developers had taken the time to work out the bugs. If you're easily frustrated over games or their glitches, you most likely will be spiking your controller on the floor and walking away in bitter shame.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK