Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale Xbox 360

5.0

1. Dec 21, 2012
    I liked this game and have got four level 10 characters and have played trough the game four times. however i will say that there is some bad lag when loading new zones which destroys the textures for about 4 seconds, there are also some other major bugs e.g. the last level bugged out so much that it took me and my friend 15 attempts of trying to defend the buggy boss. The game also lackI liked this game and have got four level 10 characters and have played trough the game four times. however i will say that there is some bad lag when loading new zones which destroys the textures for about 4 seconds, there are also some other major bugs e.g. the last level bugged out so much that it took me and my friend 15 attempts of trying to defend the buggy boss. The game also lack customization which is key in my option in any RPG. Finally this happened to both me and my friend our saves became unplayable you select the character to play but it then pops up an error message. Expand
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    Sucked worse than a cold McGriddle. So much potential, like Lindsay Lohan pre-Mean Girls. Insulting for anyone whom appreciates the franchise or who are smarter than Lenny from 'Of Mice and Men'
  3. Jun 28, 2011
    A complete disappointment and insult to D&D. This is oversimplified garbage. There are 4 pregenerated characters to choose from. You have absolutely no control over any of the stats looks oreven the gender of your character. If you want a female human mage too bad, you get a male halfling wizard. HALFLING? Who the hell ever heard of a HALFLING wizard before a HUMAN wizard. There are alsoA complete disappointment and insult to D&D. This is oversimplified garbage. There are 4 pregenerated characters to choose from. You have absolutely no control over any of the stats looks oreven the gender of your character. If you want a female human mage too bad, you get a male halfling wizard. HALFLING? Who the hell ever heard of a HALFLING wizard before a HUMAN wizard. There are also no gnomes! What the heck? That's a basic race in D&D! If you want oversimplified mindless hack and slash where the goal is to left click at monsters till they drop treasure this is for you. Expand
  4. Jun 15, 2011
    I've played better and less buggy Dungeons titles, however I wouldn't pay much heed to the 3/10 and 4/10 scores on here. The game deserves at very least a 6/10, but I would say 8/10 for its replay value. You can tell the game will last you forever if you put in some time and effort.
  5. Jun 13, 2011
    As someone who has been searching for a decent dungeon crawler on the Xbox 360 for quite sometime, I will say that I'm a little disappointed. I would give this game a 6.5, but that's not option so I rounded down. To start, this may be one of the buggiest and glitchiest games for the Xbox Arcade that you can possibly purchase. Just imagine the worst possible glitches that you can have in anAs someone who has been searching for a decent dungeon crawler on the Xbox 360 for quite sometime, I will say that I'm a little disappointed. I would give this game a 6.5, but that's not option so I rounded down. To start, this may be one of the buggiest and glitchiest games for the Xbox Arcade that you can possibly purchase. Just imagine the worst possible glitches that you can have in an RPG that heavily relies on leveling up various talents. That's right, if a possible glitch you imagined is disappearing talent points, then you guessed it. For some odd reason, at random intervals some of your hard-earned talent points simply vanish into thin air, completely erasing all of those invested points. If all of the points you invested in a certain spell are gone, your character literally unlearns it, and you're required to waste even more points in order to level it up again. The worst part is that the mysterious vanishing talent points never return. Oddly enough, this only happens with half of the character classes, being the warrior and rogue, while the wizard and priest never suffer from this nerve-grinding issue. This is far and away my biggest gripe about this game, and literally sucked away huge amounts of fun from it. Moving on, the dungeons and environments are all pretty bland, consisting of the inside of a cave or mine. The enemies are all quite repetitive and are only dangerous in huge numbers, which everything appears in. The storyline is so horrible that after completing the main quest twice, I still have no idea what the game is even about. The final boss fight is an absolute joke, since the actual final boss itself is easy as pie, while his minions are the real challenge, constantly winging ridiculously overpowered superspells at your character. Did I mention that they also never stop spawning? The sound effects are laughably bad, and the score is so forgettable that I cannot even remember what the main menu's music is like. The game is filled with a large host of other glitches, too many to describe in detail, but none that are gamebreaking other than the one I mentioned. The level cap is also a mere 10, so you will have a maxed out character in days. Aside from all of this trash that should've been patched but hasnt, there's still quite a bit of fun to be had. Cooperative play is especially a treat, since it features drop-in and out gameplay with any level characters and surprisingly has very little to no lag. Looting is also as much of a blast as with any dungeon crawler, and the primary combat mechanics of the game still flow nicely. Overall, a game completely bloated with glitches and bugs, and yet, it's still extremely easy to have some good fun here. Single player itself is a drag and not worth your purchase, but if you have a friend or two that are willing to invest $15 and you're waiting for better things to come, than this game will not fail you, especially if you're desperate for a dungeon crawler. Expand
  6. Jun 12, 2011
    Its better then Dragon Age 2 but that is not saying much and it's cheap. It was very repetitive, lacked a map that can scroll, and all of the classes are a bit weak no voice acting and its still better then Dragon age 2.
  7. Jun 3, 2011
    As a game designer in the video game industry for over 15 years, I am at a loss why a company as well funded as Atari would allow such a buggy and terribly produced game to be released. Yes it is only $15 and yes it at times can be fun (when the game functions correctly). I figured that a Diablo-clone with a D&D theme at $15...how could you go wrong? Well lets just point out a couple ofAs a game designer in the video game industry for over 15 years, I am at a loss why a company as well funded as Atari would allow such a buggy and terribly produced game to be released. Yes it is only $15 and yes it at times can be fun (when the game functions correctly). I figured that a Diablo-clone with a D&D theme at $15...how could you go wrong? Well lets just point out a couple of bugs that should NEVER have been allowed to get past the QA dept: No Saves outside the Sanctuary areas or during quests?? Really? What is this Mario Bros back in early 90s with freaking save points?? Hey Atari, we live in 2011 and we have had save anywhere anytime in anygame for some time now...get with it.
    Cameras suck and many on here have already pointed that out. I'm willing to forgive that, despite almost dying because it sucks so bad. Menus have serious issues that, only because I learned years ago to work around buggy games. If you are in store menu and select the sell without prompt button and then click on scroll down on your side, items start to disappear and be sold. Oh and NO Buyback at 100% option if you make mistake when buying/selling?? Sigh, this game had nice potential to be quality Diablo-Lite with D&D theme. Unfortunately this game fails to deliver and has just enough bugs and lack of features that really does make this game NOT FUN. Yet I still tried to play it and just now at level 5 trying to kill the "traitor" character twice as he runs away from you and the camera sucks and you can't kill him in time, then bam it starts me over again like I died...WTF?@! You dev people at Bedlam suck and should never make another game again. STAY AWAY and save your money.
  8. Jun 3, 2011
    A total disappointment. For pure playability one could do worse...but there were just too many little problems to ignore. The control felt cumbersome, there was a tiny level cap with virtually no room for real character development, and wouldn't you know it...I even had skills suddenly vanish from time to time and was forced to relearn them. This game was more trouble than it was worth. IA total disappointment. For pure playability one could do worse...but there were just too many little problems to ignore. The control felt cumbersome, there was a tiny level cap with virtually no room for real character development, and wouldn't you know it...I even had skills suddenly vanish from time to time and was forced to relearn them. This game was more trouble than it was worth. I recommend you avoid it like plague. Expand
  9. Jun 2, 2011
    I don't know what everyone is talking about. There were a few bugs in this game, but I went online and played for hours, and they were very minor. It was easy to pick up and and play. The combat was fun, and I really enjoyed the leveling aspects of the game. Tons of loot and all of it different. The characters were really very versatile, and I felt easy to customize.

For $15 I wasn't

For $15 I wasn't expecting the next Oblivion...and if I wanted to pen and paper role playing, I'd sit down with some friends and do some pen and paper role playing. If you are looking for some fun hack and slash then I recommend trying this game out.

This is a great game at a great price.â
  10. Jun 2, 2011
    Yes the game has a f few bugs, occasionally texture take a moment to come into focus. Occasionally an enemy gets stuck due to poor collision detection but this stuff is pretty minor overall. The game has an absolute load of customization options for each class as well as heaps of different weapons. You can easily replay the same class and have them perform totally differently. TheYes the game has a f few bugs, occasionally texture take a moment to come into focus. Occasionally an enemy gets stuck due to poor collision detection but this stuff is pretty minor overall. The game has an absolute load of customization options for each class as well as heaps of different weapons. You can easily replay the same class and have them perform totally differently. The story is rather average, nothing new here at all, but I did not play this game for the story. I played it for the hack and slash goodness which it has in spades!! The ability to play on line is cool as well which adds to the replay and for the low end price tag it's a great choice.All in all if your looking for something fun and a little like old school Baldurs Gate from the PS2 / Xbox days you should check this game out for sure. Expand
  11. Jun 2, 2011
    Don't buy this game yet. It's bug-ridden. (You can permanently lose skill points, equipment, spells, abilities, etc - so you'll get to level 10 but you'll only have one or two powers left to use, as all your other points have vanished.) Wait for a patch at the very least, preferably wait for multiple patches and a drop in price - it's not worth $15 as it stands currently.

Daggerdale is

Daggerdale is a generic, bland hack & slash dungeon crawler. It's D&D in logo only - you do have trappings of 4th Edition in your character screen, but none of it matters much - you just walk around in caves and hit monsters. The story is bland and the gameplay isn't remarkable or innovative.

Multiplayer lacks a lobby system, and co-op has its own share of bugs (like merchant inventories disappearing completely for certain players). The game increases the challenge in co-op by doubling or tripling the amount of enemies you fight, which can make some early battles with low-level characters almost impossible. If you're just playing with one other friend and neither of you is a cleric, this results in a ridiculously grueling battle of attrition where every point of damage you take brings you closer to having to flee back to camp to restock health potions and get a free heal. (Good luck with that, though - merchants only carry 5 potions in their inventory, and that's shared across 2-4 players.) The health / death / save system is awful. You don't regen health between battles; you can't rest or eat food or bandage or do anything to replenish your health outside of combat other than drinking healing potions, which replenish maybe 20% of your life bar. When you die, you are penalized XP and gold and you respawn at the nearest safe area. That in itself isn't a problem, but you also lose all your quest progress, even if you "saved" your game 5 seconds prior to dying. (For example, if you need to collect 5 keys and you die after collecting 4 of them, you lose all your progress and restart with 0 of 5 keys collected, forcing you to replay the whole quest. It's a cheap, obnoxious way to increase played time.) All in all, the game has potential but it's currently a buggy mess. Avoid it until and unless it gets fixed and the price drops to $5 from the current $15.
  12. Jun 2, 2011
    This game is terrible! even with no bugs this game still not a good choice! You cant customize your characters' class / appearance / sex, this is the fun part of DnD but this game lacking. The feat / stats not as helpful as DnD games, you really dont have any feel of playing an action DnD game. Also the game not let you jump, nowadays an action game cant jump? This is not an enjoyableThis game is terrible! even with no bugs this game still not a good choice! You cant customize your characters' class / appearance / sex, this is the fun part of DnD but this game lacking. The feat / stats not as helpful as DnD games, you really dont have any feel of playing an action DnD game. Also the game not let you jump, nowadays an action game cant jump? This is not an enjoyable action game, this is not diablo in 3D, this game has no tactics, no puzzle to solve, keeping clicking mouse till enemies die, thats it. The most enjoyable thing is you can multiplay with up to 4 guys to finsih quests, but you will feel boring after a couple of hrs. Expand
  13. May 31, 2011
    It's not perfect game, but I have not noticed significant bugs/tearing as mentioned below. Local co-op works fairly well (occasionally blocking of views, so lots of camera rotating). Have to say I have found the value to be pretty good at $15. If you like ARPGs... I think it is worth playing (but don't expect to be playing it for than a few weeks).
  14. May 31, 2011
    Was excited about this game, although you actually had to seek this game out, instead of it finding you. In other words, this was a very stealthy release, which usually bodes ominous. So this game is an action RPG, reminiscent of diablo, baldur's gate: dark alliance, champions of norrath, sacred, etc. A top-down (or 3rd person view if you choose) action RPG that uses the D&D license.Was excited about this game, although you actually had to seek this game out, instead of it finding you. In other words, this was a very stealthy release, which usually bodes ominous. So this game is an action RPG, reminiscent of diablo, baldur's gate: dark alliance, champions of norrath, sacred, etc. A top-down (or 3rd person view if you choose) action RPG that uses the D&D license. Strengths: Graphics are decent for this type of game, its an top down aRPG which is rare these days, gear shows on your character, lots of loot. Weaknesses: glitchy - I'm wondering what quality control was performed, if any. I've heard of many glitches such as skills disappearing, quests restarting in the middle of battle, etc. Uninspired quests: usually just fetch or kill x bad guy. No voice acting, just annoying grunts - this isn't a big deal to me, but some people don't like it. Lack of customization at the start - you pick cleric, rogue, fighter or wizard, and that's it. You can't change your race or appearance, not that you see much of your character's details.

In closing, I love these types of games, dark alliance and champions are 2 of my favorite console games. But I'm having a hard time finishing this game, and that's rare. I went back to sacred 2 before even reaching the level cap in this game.
  15. May 30, 2011
    Its sad that this continues the weak attempt to project the RPG Tabletop experience that one has in D&D the table top game, but it was a nice attempt. I like games but still cant connect the name here with the original at all.
  16. May 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As far as action goes, I found that Daggerdale is a good old hack and slash. As a mage, you can let loose some pretty decent area effect attacks. As a fighter, you can absorb a lot of punishment and deal a fair bit out too. In online play, there is no matchmaking service, but if you can get a game with good ping you can expect a more challenging game than if you played alone.

There are some serious bugs though.

Regeneration. Basically if you have an item which is supposed to heal you over time, it can stop working and need to be re-equipped. Fighters who use their Victorious Charge ability (I may not have the right name, sorry) will notice this happen.

Poor accounting of resists. You can in some cases get the resistance bonus on your shield twice by unequipping it and re-equipping it. Switching to a different shield and then back fixes this, but it''s tempting to just leave the bug in place.

Sometimes doors will just not open after you throw the lever. You will then be unable to progress without using the chapter select function. Fortunately, any quests you've turned in will stay completed, but...

But chapter selecting is also kinda bugged because it does not automatically save your character, or give you the option. You have to manually save, then do chapter select, if you want to keep any newly-acquired stuff.

Pathing is just terrible in places. There are some lovely multi-level areas which are spoiled by the AI tendency to want to try and climb up the walls instead of taking the ramp up to try and get you, for crying out loud it's all of five feet away. Any game developer should look at other games which have failed horribly in this regard, and look for a way to avoid pathing problems. Put in waypoints at the bottom and top of ramps so the AI knows to use them, like starships use wormholes in Star Trek. See, that wasn't so hard!

The end-game is a series of horrible encounters with mages that shoot lots of purple missiles at you and make things generally irritating unless you pick them off with a ranged weapon. They respawn as frequently as a newbie playing Unreal Tournament. I haven't been able to finish it, but thanks to chapter select I've been able to collect lots of fancy items that might help.

Online play tends to suffer from the respawning problem as well. It does get to the point sometimes where you have to run in order to get away from all the respawned critters and finish your quest.

As I mentioned, there is no matchmaking service. But as well as that, you can't tell anything about the game you're joining except for who's running it. It would be really helpful to know just what characters are in the game already, what level they are and what chapter they're on. The ball's totally been dropped there.

At a cost of 1200 points on Xbox Live, it needs a lot more polishing to be worth it. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely game, but I cannot recommend it unless the commitment is there to fix it.
  17. May 28, 2011
    I love the way that everyone is so willing to bash this game after apparently only playing it for the first hour. Uninspired? Have you ever played a dnd game, they usually focus around dungeons (especially 4e). The good thing about this game is it's exactly what you would expect it too be. I don't doubt that some people have had problems with glitches but me and a friend sat down andI love the way that everyone is so willing to bash this game after apparently only playing it for the first hour. Uninspired? Have you ever played a dnd game, they usually focus around dungeons (especially 4e). The good thing about this game is it's exactly what you would expect it too be. I don't doubt that some people have had problems with glitches but me and a friend sat down and played an XBOX Live connected game (just us 2) all the way through. From beginning to end took about 7 hours. The glitches I came across was 3 times the merchant store emptied out and one time the item bought disappeared (Great bow), one game crash (as host, second player just got booted) and skills reseting. The last glitch was honestly the only one that really bothered me. But the game area's are fairly varied (though you will always go from quest giver to path a to kill monster b) and the loot is fantastic. All in all people who would want to play this game is those who like a dungeon crawler with a monstrous amount of loot and who have a couple other friends with 15 bucks burning a hole in their pocket. Expand
  18. May 28, 2011
    It is a hack and slash game. You can hack, you can slash and you're able to do that with three friends. That's it. What did most of the reviewers expect? Content of a full price release and a serious diablo killer?
  19. May 27, 2011
    Great hack and slash game that keeps you engaged but does have its flaws. One of the biggest flaws is tha this does not feel like dungeons and dragons 4th edition. There are no skills and there is no role-playing, also there are a couple glitches. The biggest strengths that make the game enjoyable are the multiplayer aspects and the amount of weapons and gear that makes this title feel aGreat hack and slash game that keeps you engaged but does have its flaws. One of the biggest flaws is tha this does not feel like dungeons and dragons 4th edition. There are no skills and there is no role-playing, also there are a couple glitches. The biggest strengths that make the game enjoyable are the multiplayer aspects and the amount of weapons and gear that makes this title feel a little like diablo. In the end the game is fun albeit mindless hack and slash with a few in depth tweeks from leveling up. Its not everyones cup of tea but RPG fans should be able to appreciate the dungeons and dragons lore and gameplay. Expand
  20. May 26, 2011
    Terribly disappointing because I wanted desperately for this game to be good. I am such a big fan of the Action RPG dungeon crawler genre that I made the mistake of getting this game before hearing any opinions. I loved Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norath, but this game is a lackluster knockoff that does not live up to the standard those games set, even though released years after theTerribly disappointing because I wanted desperately for this game to be good. I am such a big fan of the Action RPG dungeon crawler genre that I made the mistake of getting this game before hearing any opinions. I loved Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norath, but this game is a lackluster knockoff that does not live up to the standard those games set, even though released years after the superior predecessors. Very poor sound, a restrictive and frustrating camera in which your view gets blocked or darkened out, chunky and clumsy gameplay and combat, and a boring sense of "been there, done that", all the while with the pain of buyer's remorse that it has been done better before. Unfortunately the most numerous bugs in the game are not the kind that you can slash, shoot, or blast into chitinous goo, but technical flaws and failures that plague the game engine and presentation. It is not fun to slash away constantly at countless and irritating inanimate barrels. The appeal of its source material, D&D, is a sense of freedom and excitement as you feel clever coming up with unconventional ways of solving problems using the ever expanding skills of your character in odd and creative ways. Nothing could be further from the experience here. It feels more like a chore than entertainment as you plod through the linear affair. A 2 if played by yourself, a 4 if played with friends, so I settled for a score of 3. Ultimately a complete waste of Microsoft Points and an insult to the a genre which deserves so much better. If the slightest amount of innovation or vision is excersised, this genre completely rocks. Torchlight, a fine diablo clone, blew it with no cooperative play. Now we will have to look to Dungeon Siege III and hope it does not screw the pooch as Daggerdale did. In the meantime, you will have much more fun picking up Baldur's Gate or Champions of Norrath (or either of their sequels) for another playthrough rather than suffering through dreaming of what Daggerdale could have been. Expand
  21. May 26, 2011
    What a dissapointment that had so much possibility. From terrible fixed camera, god who doesnt allow you to change the height/elevation of you camera so as to get a persective your happy with, geesh. To glitches that at times just allows all the Monsters to freeze as you walk around the entire level hacking them down.

Or the below par dialogue and endless repetive boring smash barrel, 1

Or the below par dialogue and endless repetive boring smash barrel, 1 gold bla bla bla. But that dwindles to the poor character selection, customisation and wasted potential. D and D is so much about the character and seeing what unique development and power can be created. Daggerdale just brings itself back to the Golden Axe era, that was good in the 80's but is well and truly behind the times.
  22. May 26, 2011
    Horrible, buggy game. Screen tearing abounds at 1080p, the game is riddled with bugs from the get go with NPCs getting stuck in textures or the camera getting stuck in the quest giver/NPC zoom view. Coop is an absolute mess and after several attempts where either myself or my coop partner were booted from the game because it lagged out, we just threw in the towel and gave up trying. TheHorrible, buggy game. Screen tearing abounds at 1080p, the game is riddled with bugs from the get go with NPCs getting stuck in textures or the camera getting stuck in the quest giver/NPC zoom view. Coop is an absolute mess and after several attempts where either myself or my coop partner were booted from the game because it lagged out, we just threw in the towel and gave up trying. The playable characters are absolutely cookie cutter - for a license where customizable characters is a draw, it's terribly disappointing that you can only play predetermined races/classes. Loot was ok, but nothing to write home about. All in all, the game has been, thus far, a buggy, uninspired, grindfest that lost its appeal after only 2-3 hours. Don't lose your money like I did; Save your $15, this game isn't worth it. Collapse
  23. May 26, 2011
    Im a huge multiplayer fan and honestly ive been getting really frustrated with developers who make their games single player only when it clearly has multiplayer capability......a clear example is Torchlight....who on their right mind releases a game with that much coolness and not have it multiplayer...downright stupid.....so when i saw this had 4 player co-op i said "sign me up!"....IIm a huge multiplayer fan and honestly ive been getting really frustrated with developers who make their games single player only when it clearly has multiplayer capability......a clear example is Torchlight....who on their right mind releases a game with that much coolness and not have it multiplayer...downright stupid.....so when i saw this had 4 player co-op i said "sign me up!"....I had been looking for a game along the lines of Gauntlet Legends for the 64 and nowadays those games are traded in for single player epics but still nevertheless single player.....dont let critics discourage you from this game....this game has the downright old school gameplay that those fun 4-co op games used to have. yes it may have a few bugs but its nothing serious that cant be fixed. so if youre a multiplayer and action rpg fan, dont shy away from this game as it will bring 12 hours or so of fun especially with friends Expand
  24. May 26, 2011
    I was very excited about this release I'm with Game Spy on this one. I should have tried the demo before purchasing the game. I played a session of local co-op for 5 hours last night and it's a very dry and uninspired game. I expected a bit more complexity to the game play and character leveling since it's based on the 4th edition rules and some of the abilities/feats are pointless toI was very excited about this release I'm with Game Spy on this one. I should have tried the demo before purchasing the game. I played a session of local co-op for 5 hours last night and it's a very dry and uninspired game. I expected a bit more complexity to the game play and character leveling since it's based on the 4th edition rules and some of the abilities/feats are pointless to have (example: increased range on ranged attacks when the range is already extends to the edge of the screen from the start.) The camera controls are also horrible and the dungeon ceiling constantly blocked our view of the action.

This game might be worth 400 points but certainly not 1500 points. Don't waste your money. Single player Torchlight (which is a much older game) is far more entertaining than Daggerdale. Huge disappointment.
  25. May 26, 2011
    If you were a fan of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes then you should have no problem jumping into this top-down RPG. Daggerdale might not be as polished as either of those two, but it keeps the addicting gameplay intact.
  26. May 26, 2011
    The game has its bugs but don't let the reviews fool you into not trying this awesome game. Its diablo in 3d with 4 players online. If they iron out the bugs then it will be great all around game. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that you couldn't customize your character like diablo, but the team oriented play is great. Already maxed a cleric. Battle clerics own all lol.
  27. May 25, 2011
    I didn't wait for reviews to get this game, I simply grabbed it as I'm a fan of D&D. I've been pleasantly surprised so far, and have run into only two glitches. Said glitches are the Rogue's Piercing Shot never, ever working, (but I may actually be using it wrong) and one merchant having ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to sell me, but having a full inventory for my co-op partner. The game itself,I didn't wait for reviews to get this game, I simply grabbed it as I'm a fan of D&D. I've been pleasantly surprised so far, and have run into only two glitches. Said glitches are the Rogue's Piercing Shot never, ever working, (but I may actually be using it wrong) and one merchant having ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to sell me, but having a full inventory for my co-op partner. The game itself, however, is very reminiscent of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, or D&D Heroes. It's a dungeon crawl, and does a fairly good job of capturing the 4th Edition D&D feel (very combat heavy, roleplay light). However, it is very unlike 4th edition as far as rules go. Like many action RPGs, if you're within hitting distance and swing, you'll connect. My halfling wizard became quite adept at melee combat by level 3. Also, you can use any ability you have as often as you want as there is only a cooldown period. None of 4th's "At-Will, Encounter, or Daily" powers. There is also a ton of loot and items to collect which are randomly generated. Like Fate, Diablo or Torchlight, it's based on the "(Random) (Item) of the (random)" system. So there's plenty of variety for items. Sadly, you have to choose your character from one of 4 classes: Halfling Wizard, Elven Rogue, Human Warrior, and Dwarven Cleric. Once chosen, you can rename them, and modify their starting abilities and stats. From there, only experience will allow you to change. The characters cap at level 10, which, if you're familiar with Wizards of the Coast's setup, is the first tier of D&D. Expect 2 more expansions for level 11-20 and 21-30. I've read posts elsewhere stating that the game is extremely buggy and unfinished. As I said first, I've only run into 2 glitches in about 5 hours of playtime. I have the Slim Xbox 360 so my hardware is newer and I wonder if older systems may have issues? I cannot say with certainty. Graphically, the game is nice enough. Up close in conversation the character models aren't the greatest, but for a $15 Live Arcade game, it will certainly do. Environments are also nicely done, making you feel like you're there in the dungeon. However, be forewarned: While it's mostly perfectly fine, there are times when the camera angle sucks because it's higher than part of the dungeon geometry and you can't see anything. Occurrences were rare though. Overall, I would recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of Dungeons and Dragons, from 1st Edition grognards, to 4th Edition's new blood. It's a great game to sit down and play side by side with a friend, or even by yourself. Don't expect anything new from the genre, and you'll be just fine!
    I've given the game a 7, simply because I think it's a good game. It has it's problems (Camera, occasional glitches) but the the game is fun overall! I only wish that I could get my character to level 30, but 10 will do, for now.
  28. May 26, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale could have been a great title if the developers had taken the time to work out the bugs. If you're easily frustrated over games or their glitches, you most likely will be spiking your controller on the floor and walking away in bitter shame.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK