Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires Xbox 360

• Publisher: Koei
  • Release Date: Mar 28, 2006
8.2

1. Nov 30, 2013
    Now, let me be clear that this game isn't bad. It's actually a pretty good timekiller and with a friend, this game can be a real blast. However, this game does suffer some serious faults. First of all, there's not really any campaign to go through. You've basically got this map of China where you have to dominate the other factions in the area. Sounds fun enough, right? It is to someNow, let me be clear that this game isn't bad. It's actually a pretty good timekiller and with a friend, this game can be a real blast. However, this game does suffer some serious faults. First of all, there's not really any campaign to go through. You've basically got this map of China where you have to dominate the other factions in the area. Sounds fun enough, right? It is to some extent but over time, it just feels like you're fighting the same battle over and over and over. In addition to that, you'll begin feeling like there's hardly much of a map to play with. China begins to feel pretty small which is funny considering how big it actually is. Anyway, it's not really what I'd call a good game but you can definitely kill time with it if you're with a friend. Expand

What I did get is some good co-op play, an extension of the Empire mode that I enjoyed a while back, and a current-gen price tag acting almost as an apology from Koei for the lack of innovation.
    While a fairly competent game, it just doesn't manage to add enough new content to make it worth a serious look.
  3. Once again, the Empires expansion of Koei's long-running hack-and-slash action series turns out to be the bright spot amid the doldrums of endless button-mashing, thanks to some legitimately interesting strategy.