EA Sports Active 2 Xbox 360

5.4

1. Nov 30, 2010
    I bought this for myself thinking that it would help me work out. I don't know if it is me or the game but I'm not inspired. I now play my wife's Zumba Kinect game more than this. I was hoping for a bit more out of EA, I have always loved their sports games.
  2. Dec 6, 2010
    I had really high hopes for this game. While it does take some patience and a few tweaks, the hopes were fairly close to fulfilled. Like you have probably read, this game does have issues but the issues can be overcome by following a few steps:

1. Turn off the voice control (this will keep the annoying tutorials from popping up mid-workout) 2. Wait until the game instructs you to lay

2. Wait until the game instructs you to lay down on any floor moves (the camera always "sets" itself based on your standing position).

Once I did these things, the game became much more playable and less frustrating. I have read EA is working on a patch but again, these things can be worked around.

As for the workouts, you will get out of them what you put into them. If you really try and push yourself through the running segments, your heart rate will really get up there. If you really try and squat using good form during the squat segments, you will get great burn in your legs. I also used my own free weights to supplement the weight based segments.

Is the game as terrible as some of these reviews would have you believe? No. Is it a great game that will sell systems? No. Will you end up with a decent workout? Yes.

1. Feb 23, 2011
    EA Sports Active 2 stands as one of the better fitness games on the market and sets an example for future endeavors in this genre.
  2. Jan 10, 2011
    With Kinect and the new wave of full-body motion-tracking exercise games, EA Sports Active 2 is starting to feel a bit left behind in the fitness genre.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 6, 2011
    Bearing in mind that this isn't a game as we know them, EA Sports Active is surprisingly good fun. [Issue#67, p.89]