EA Sports MMA Xbox 360

7.0

1. Oct 30, 2010
    I'm a huge MMA fan and I wanted to love this game. I really did. But it is so absolutely meh. There isn't anything wrong with the game per se, but it just feels like a budget title and lacks any and all oomph. Boring, predictable and ho-hum to the point of coma inducing, but it DOES work as intended so I am compelled to at least give it a 5. But I am NOT compelled to reccomend it.
  2. Oct 25, 2010
    UFC Undisputed has a lot of things going in its favor. Great license, great fighters, great commentary great presentation. Unfortunately none of these things can make up for the fact that it is a terrible experience to play it. EA may not have all of the best fighters (just the very best - Fedor? Rutten? Jacare? Couture? Miller?) but the game has it where it counts. Every facet of theUFC Undisputed has a lot of things going in its favor. Great license, great fighters, great commentary great presentation. Unfortunately none of these things can make up for the fact that it is a terrible experience to play it. EA may not have all of the best fighters (just the very best - Fedor? Rutten? Jacare? Couture? Miller?) but the game has it where it counts. Every facet of the gameplay is superior to the Undisputed series. Better striking, better grappling, better submissions, better career mode, better AI, better online. If the roster is a sticking point for you - they have a create-a-fighter feature. Last Saturday I was playing Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez in EA Sports MMA with hundreds of other people online. Bottom line: Don't get suckered by the UFC license - if you want the best MMA game on the market, buy this game. If, however, you want the best UFC game on the market... Yeah, still buy EA Sports MMA - and then go download or create all your favorite UFC fighters. This game actually does the sport and it's athletes justice.

Anyway, I'm off to add a beard to my Lesnar.

P.S. -It's probably a 9/10, but I'm giving it a 10 to fight the troll on this thread giving it zeroes.

1. Jan 26, 2011
    This is a very well realised first attempt by EA and one that won't require much tweaking should there be any subsequent additions to the series.
  2. games(TM)
    Jan 20, 2011
    A veritable knock-out. [Issue#102, p.100]
  3. Jan 20, 2011
    EA Sports MMA brings a nice package to the ring.