EA Sports MMA Xbox 360

7.0

1. Oct 30, 2010
    I'm a huge MMA fan and I wanted to love this game. I really did. But it is so absolutely meh. There isn't anything wrong with the game per se, but it just feels like a budget title and lacks any and all oomph. Boring, predictable and ho-hum to the point of coma inducing, but it DOES work as intended so I am compelled to at least give it a 5. But I am NOT compelled to reccomend it.
  2. Aug 21, 2016
    EA Sports MMA was EA's first attempt at an MMA game before acquiring the UFC licence,and it's solid for the most part.

The gameplay is solid,the ground game is set to the face buttons for transitions,takedowns,engaging in a clinch etc.,while strikes are on the right stick.I like control scheme,but the ground game is made too easy by it.The striking and clinch are better balanced thankfully.There is no UFC licence,but a few of it's fighters from the time (2010) are in the game.There is an unlicensed version of PRIDE in the game,without the foot stomps or soccer kicks unfortunately.The career mode is pretty basic too to be honest.

The graphics are quite good,but the framerate hitches occasionally,and load times are extremely long.Some loading screens can last longer than a fight.

Sound design is good,with solid commentary etc.,and the soundtrack is very good too.

EA Sports MMA is a solid game when all is said and done.It would have been great with more licences,a more interesting career mode,and much shorter load times.Pick it up if you want a solid MMA game on the cheap.
  3. Nov 27, 2010
    Good game. Its only going to get better. There trying out a new game and I was really surprised how they took barely anything for the other big contender in this catagory, the UFC Undisputed series. Being a avid MMA fan myself a love that a game has come out that will open up ufc fans to the other great fighters from around the world. The roster is strong with the head fighters being MMAGood game. Its only going to get better. There trying out a new game and I was really surprised how they took barely anything for the other big contender in this catagory, the UFC Undisputed series. Being a avid MMA fan myself a love that a game has come out that will open up ufc fans to the other great fighters from around the world. The roster is strong with the head fighters being MMA Legend Randy Couture and the widely considered best MMA fighter of all time Fedor Emelianenko. I see alot of UFC fans and a few reviewers here stating its an unknown roster, far from the truth if you truely know MMA. The UFC has 50% of the worlds top fighters, this game has the other half. The controls at first are very ton to get the hang of especially if you have been pay the undisputed games alot, but it is very gratifying to learn them and be able to counter and knock an opponant out with a perfectly timed counter punch or kick. The submission game is also gives you an extreme adrenaline boost and is not just all about mashing but using timing and finding that sweet spot to finish your opponent. The graphics are also a step in the right direction, the blood is very realistic and knockouts seem to be different each time not just a re-running cycle of five or so set KO's. I would highly recommend this game to any MMA fan that wants to learn more about MMA in general and the fighters that fight not just in the UFC but all around the world. Collapse

1. Jan 26, 2011
    This is a very well realised first attempt by EA and one that won't require much tweaking should there be any subsequent additions to the series.
  2. games(TM)
    Jan 20, 2011
    A veritable knock-out. [Issue#102, p.100]
  3. Jan 20, 2011
    EA Sports MMA brings a nice package to the ring.