8.0

1. Aug 21, 2016
    EA Sports MMA was EA's first attempt at an MMA game before acquiring the UFC licence,and it's solid for the most part.

The gameplay is solid,the ground game is set to the face buttons for transitions,takedowns,engaging in a clinch etc.,while strikes are on the right stick.I like control scheme,but the ground game is made too easy by it.The striking and clinch are better balanced thankfully.There is no UFC licence,but a few of it's fighters from the time (2010) are in the game.There is an unlicensed version of PRIDE in the game,without the foot stomps or soccer kicks unfortunately.The career mode is pretty basic too to be honest.

The graphics are quite good,but the framerate hitches occasionally,and load times are extremely long.Some loading screens can last longer than a fight.

Sound design is good,with solid commentary etc.,and the soundtrack is very good too.

EA Sports MMA is a solid game when all is said and done.It would have been great with more licences,a more interesting career mode,and much shorter load times.Pick it up if you want a solid MMA game on the cheap.
  2. Oct 30, 2010
    I'm a huge MMA fan and I wanted to love this game. I really did. But it is so absolutely meh. There isn't anything wrong with the game per se, but it just feels like a budget title and lacks any and all oomph. Boring, predictable and ho-hum to the point of coma inducing, but it DOES work as intended so I am compelled to at least give it a 5. But I am NOT compelled to reccomend it.
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    The only negative reviews from users is that "There aren't UFC fighters". First of all there are FIVE former champions and more than a handful of former fighters. Secondly, take the opportunity to learn about these amazing fighters. Joachim, Alvarez, JZ, Aoki, Mach Sakurai, Werdum, Fedor, Miller, Kawajiri... the list goes on. If you're a UFC nuthugger, do yourself a favor, watch Joachim vThe only negative reviews from users is that "There aren't UFC fighters". First of all there are FIVE former champions and more than a handful of former fighters. Secondly, take the opportunity to learn about these amazing fighters. Joachim, Alvarez, JZ, Aoki, Mach Sakurai, Werdum, Fedor, Miller, Kawajiri... the list goes on. If you're a UFC nuthugger, do yourself a favor, watch Joachim v Alvarez or Aoki v anyone and tell me what you think of Jon Snuggie Fitch and Gray Snoozefest Maynard. The game is top quality and even the small annoyances are being patched. Plus you can add all your overhyped UFC favorites with fightershare anyway. Collapse

1. Jan 26, 2011
    This is a very well realised first attempt by EA and one that won't require much tweaking should there be any subsequent additions to the series.
  2. games(TM)
    Jan 20, 2011
    A veritable knock-out. [Issue#102, p.100]
  3. Jan 20, 2011
    EA Sports MMA brings a nice package to the ring.