- Summary: Earth Defense Force 2025 is the long awaited follow-up in the Earth Defense Force (EDF) series from Japanese developer Sandlot. The insects return from dormancy to end humanity with over-the-top action and massive city-leveling explosions that will entrench the EDF and the citizens of EarthEarth Defense Force 2025 is the long awaited follow-up in the Earth Defense Force (EDF) series from Japanese developer Sandlot. The insects return from dormancy to end humanity with over-the-top action and massive city-leveling explosions that will entrench the EDF and the citizens of Earth into a state of emergency.… Expand
Feb 18, 2014If you've enjoyed the Earth Defense Force games in the past, you'll love this one. It has more missions, more weapons, more ways to play with the new solider classes, and just more fun. If you've never played EDF, check your brain at the door and enjoy blowing the shit out of some ugly bugs. I defy you to NOT have fun with this game.
Feb 19, 2014I've got nothing against big stupid action games. In fact, they're some of my favorite games of all. Earth Defense Force 2025 tries too hard at not trying hard enough, like one of those awful SyFy mutant movies. It knows it's terrible, and thinks it can get away with it by doubling down on its own awfulness. Clearly, this has worked for some, as the series has a fanbase. I don't get it, though. This is not so bad it's good. It's just plain bad, and there aren't enough giant insects in the world to convince me otherwise.
Feb 18, 2014EDF 2025 is everything you could want from a sequel. I, being a veteran of EDF 2017, see all the improvements and new features since EDF 2017.EDF 2025 is everything you could want from a sequel. I, being a veteran of EDF 2017, see all the improvements and new features since EDF 2017. They are as follows:
- Better Graphics: If you compare the graphics of EDF 2017 to 2025, you will see that everything is more detailed by a huge leap. Yet it still retains the cheesy style that EDF fans love.
- More Weapons: EDF 2025 features more than 700 weapons. That is the most weapons in any EDF game. Approximately 175 weapons per class. Each weapon is vastly different from the other. And all the weapons can level up, to level 75. Making them useful on any difficulty.
- More Missions: More than 80 missions. Each with five difficulty levels. Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardest and Inferno. You unlock better weapons on the harder difficulty's. Making multiple playthroughs necessary to acquire good enough weapons and enough armor points to beat Inferno.
- 4 Soldier Classes: In EDF 2025 there are 4 classes: Ranger, Wing Diver, Air Raider and Fencer. Each have a vastly different play style. Call in vehicles and air strikes as the Air Raider. Wield dual mini guns and artillery as the Fencer. Jet pack around the city firing lasers and plasma everywhere as the Wing Diver. And use a huge variety of weapons as the Ranger.
- More Enemies: EDF 2025 adds brand new versions of he enemies found in EDF 2017, as well as keeping old favorites. While still bringing fresh and new enemies to the game. Such as dragons, shield bearers, retiarius spiders, bees, new versions of hectors and more than 19 enemy types.
- More Vehicles: EDF 2017 had 4 vehicles. A tank, helicopter, bike and mech suit. EDF 2025 has 13 vehicles. Including a Bike, MRL, 2 Apc's, 3 Tanks, 3 mech suits and 3 helicopters. And the Air Raider can call these vehicles in to assist with the mission at anytime.
- More Players: EDF 2025 features 4 player online co-op, as well as keeping 2 player local or online split-screen.
- Longer Game: It took me more than 100 hours to completely beat EDF 2017. Meaning all difficulty's were passed and all weapons were acquired. EDF 2017 had 53 missions, five difficulty's and 171 weapons. EDF 2025 has more than 80 missions (excluding DLC), five difficulty's and more than 700 weapons (excluding DLC), and now the weapons can be leveled up to level 75. Just thought I should put that into perspective.
- More Things: EDF 2025 now has limb dismemberment. Meaning you could blast an ant or hector into a bunch little pieces. Rag-doll physics for both enemies and the player. Enemies can now grab, eat and throw you around. Huge open environment with fully destructible buildings and foliage. Emotes can now be acted out by your soldier. Dynamic radio chatter for NPC soldiers. Color customization for your soldier. The EDF style is ULTRA MAN meets Starship Troopers, if that sounds awesome, its because it is.
- DLC: EDF 2025 is the first Asian developed EDF to feature DLC. There are going to be 45 new missions being released from now, to March 11. Costing $21.00 in total.
This game is a most own for any EDF fan. And a great purchase for any interested in this style of game. A huge amount of content and carnage. 10/10… Collapse
Feb 28, 2014Perfect. This is exactly what I wanted. More of the chaos and mayhem of the first with extra enemies thrown in for awesome.
The classes arePerfect. This is exactly what I wanted. More of the chaos and mayhem of the first with extra enemies thrown in for awesome.
The classes are nifty, but you can stick to the Ranger and get the same feel as you did in 2017. Sure, the way things break and die is silly, and the action is over the top, there's no hiding behind ledges and you're not methodically dodging bullets to kill enemies with your knife, but that's EXACTLY the reason I like EDF so much more than all of those other shooters. I don't wanna waste my time in some sort of pseudo-reality, I wanna blow giant robots up!
If you liked EDF 2017, which I obviously did, then this is what we've been waiting for since the last time you played EDF which, if you're like me, was the 20th or so time.… Expand
Feb 19, 2014If you're into AAA titles with loads of polish, deep gameplay and cinematic stories... then you probably don't want to play EDF 2025. IfIf you're into AAA titles with loads of polish, deep gameplay and cinematic stories... then you probably don't want to play EDF 2025. If you've ever been elitist about games needing to be art or you require cutting edge graphics and professionally acted voices then just don't bother, stay far away from this game.
If you're into arcade action, humongous swarms of enemies and just blowing up everything in sight with B-movie charm and without concern for polish or professionalism, just pure, simple and totally ridiculous gameplay, then give it a go.
It improves upon EDF 2017 in every way imaginable, even taking the good ideas from the western developed Insect Armageddon such as character classes.
If you're already a fan of this series, you know exactly what to expect. Everything you love about it is here in larger quantities than before. All of the cheese and unapologetic lack of polish is back and I wouldn't want it any other way.
I'm glad developers like Sandlot are still out there to make games that focus on arcade style fun as their primary goal. They're a dying breed. EDF 2025 is a niche gem that will be seen as schlock by many but greatly appreciated by the people it clicks with.… Expand
Feb 19, 2014If you are a fan of prior EDF 2017, or even Insect Armageddon, you will be more than excited and pleased with this title!
Right off the batIf you are a fan of prior EDF 2017, or even Insect Armageddon, you will be more than excited and pleased with this title!
Right off the bat EDF 2025 remains true as a sequal to 2017, with a familiar feel, sound, and look (other than way better graphics and smoothness). Classic fans will appreciate the Ranger class as being "the original" character, but the new classes have some really cool perks and completely different play styles also. With 25+ levels (not including constant DLC) 5x as many weapons, individual class leveling, weapon leveling, and 5 difficulty settings, there is near endless replayability! New 4 player co-op lets you play with your friends, and set weapon/armor limitations so you aren't getting blown out of the water if your friends are 20+levels higher than you. Everything you would expect and want in an EDF title is here. The only minor issue I can tell at this time is the occasional frame rate slowing from howitzer strikes and huge explosions, but its completely acceptable since those are not all the time, and EDF is supposed to be like that "cheezy B-rated action movie" kinda game.
So it all boils down to this, if you're and EDF fan and know what to expect, or want a ridiculous fun co-op game for you and your crew, buy this game. If you are looking for the next genre-defying game, stick with something familiar.… Expand
Mar 4, 2014Lots of guns (lots), lots of explosions (like lots), no story (a little bit) and terrible voice acting like a Godzilla movie. F*CKING AWESOME.Lots of guns (lots), lots of explosions (like lots), no story (a little bit) and terrible voice acting like a Godzilla movie. F*CKING AWESOME.
You don't play this game for the story, if you want a good story read a book.… Expand
Feb 19, 2014Yet again a mostly poor set of critical reviews the people supposedly in the know. This game is a Japanese budget title and yet I had noYet again a mostly poor set of critical reviews the people supposedly in the know. This game is a Japanese budget title and yet I had no problem paying full price for it. Yes the graphics are substandard and the game chugs like a pensioner when the screen gets hectic but most people are not seeing past this. What you are basically getting is 85 bite sized levels of third person shooter chaos with a mild grinding RPG element to theproceedings. Kill hundreds of oversized insects and such, gain armour pickups from said infestation and that armour is added to your health for your next play through. Trust me when I say you will need it for the hardest difficulties, but I digress. This is the only series that my computer game hating girlfriend will play because its FUN. Hundreds of hours of fun, now incorporating four player online co op for more serious gaming sessions with your friends. In a world of generic shooters starring gruff space marines, this is a breath of fresh air, go on give it a go, you may enjoy it and if enough western gamers buy it the inevitable sequel may actually have half decent graphics and bearable frame rate then even the critics may be able to pencil a half decent review....… Expand
Mar 9, 2014How is this game good? All it concludes is a couple of dancing robots who sings. If I were you I would not purchase something this dreadful.How is this game good? All it concludes is a couple of dancing robots who sings. If I were you I would not purchase something this dreadful. It also has the graphics of a gameboy. The only good thing about this game is when you laugh at the price you spent on it. That's the truth and the truth hurts!… Expand