7.3

1. Feb 4, 2011
    Knothole Island is not a DLC that is worth the price off admission it does add new weapons, treasures, and achievements which are good, but the story is ok and the quest is a repetitive go back and change the weather every now and again, the only reason i would recommend this is for the new cool weapons and a couple of achievements but that is hardly a reason to recommend this mediocreKnothole Island is not a DLC that is worth the price off admission it does add new weapons, treasures, and achievements which are good, but the story is ok and the quest is a repetitive go back and change the weather every now and again, the only reason i would recommend this is for the new cool weapons and a couple of achievements but that is hardly a reason to recommend this mediocre DLC, if you still want to give this a shot buy the platinum hits edition of Fable 2, and don't waste your Microsoft Points. Expand
  2. Kevin
    Jun 14, 2009
    Agree with the metascore, and the boomtown and eurogamer quotes especially. It provides a few hours of extra quests that all Fable 2 fans will enjoy, but after it is all over you can't help but feel like you paid too much for too little and that this DLC is a bit of a cash-in.
  3. JosephV
    Mar 5, 2009
    As fun as this game was to play, it wasn't as good as other games like it. The story line was significantly shorter than the origional, and the replay value wasn't as I hoped it would be. It's a great game if you want to take some time out of your life to kill some things here and there, but for the most part, thats all it was. Another slicer and dicer.
  4. HagenM
    Feb 3, 2009
    Good addition to Fable 2. This will give you a good 2 hours of extra gameplay, 4-5 of you want to do all of the box of secrets and find the hidden books.
  5. FredB
    Feb 3, 2009
    No quite what I was expecting. The new island is decent with the variable weather; snow, rain and the dessert based on which totem is utilized, and the quests are ok, however for 800 points it is all a bit short lived. If you are tired of orb shooting/ hitting puzzles (I know that I am) then you might want to pass on this. When I first played there was a room in the first dungeon filled No quite what I was expecting. The new island is decent with the variable weather; snow, rain and the dessert based on which totem is utilized, and the quests are ok, however for 800 points it is all a bit short lived. If you are tired of orb shooting/ hitting puzzles (I know that I am) then you might want to pass on this. When I first played there was a room in the first dungeon filled with other players who couldn't solve the first orb puzzle. You could actually hear people grunting and cursing in frustration, me included. After I figured it out I was thinking that I could just hang out in that room and help people- become a guide to hapless souls, but I just left them all there to struggle the same way that I did. If you want to resurect your dog, then it may be worth the price of admission, but otherwise this could have been better. Expand

1. Fable II: Knothole Island is a short but satisfactory pack that expands the scope and depth of the Fable 2 good experience.
  2. After all your patient waiting, in about four or six hours you will finish all that Knothole Island has to offer, Box of Secrets included. After that, you’ll be left with buyer’s guilt because you’ve just spent 800 points on something worth half that. You’ll feel silly, and your Fable 2 experience will be tainted accordingly.
  3. I certainly enjoyed the quest, brief as it is, and for all its flaws I was happy to be lured back into Fable's world after a few months out. But I was still left underwhelmed once I'd sucked all the new content dry though. Worth experiencing for the Fable faithful? I'd say yes. But is it worth 800 Points? Probably not.