6.4

1. Aug 17, 2010
    once again lionhead studio's fails to deliver . the first fable was a overhyped bunch of lies that was a mediocore game at best . the second is just as bad . the story is very dull and for a RPG its very key to have a story that will draw you in to keep you wanting to push foward. the combat is yet again a dull button masher . navagating the world map just sucks period. your dog which many of the big critics have said is so loveable and endearing ,fels more like a annoyance. the joy of being evil or good doesnt feel near as fun as what Star Wars KOTR or Fall Out or Elder Scrolls Delivers . it is abit longer then the first one though i couldnt beat it it i got to bored with the story to want to finish it . the co-op is a broken and stupid set up . the only fun i had in this game was buying and selling realestate . just how said is that when in a RPG thats the funnest thing to do. Expand
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    This game is just boring, first of, there is no challenge in the game you cant die so the game is easy as hell istead when you are defeted you just lose some experience points but these are not hard to earn, second the character has no personality wathsoever, never talks and nevers expresses himself, at lest in some games like zelda Link doesnt talk but when something bad happend he screams or something like that but here the character doesnt do anything of that, is the most unexpresive character I ever seen in videogames. The world is good in a visual perspective the enemieas are well designed and the location but techniclly speaking the world sucks. The dungeons are really easy and boring just move straight forward and there you go the travel is tedious and slow if you dont use autotravel. If you are looking for a good RPG look somewhere else. Expand
  3. Aug 13, 2011
    I enjoy RPG and i bought this for my xbox360. As an RPG it is just rubbish. The graphics are shoddy and the story is for kids. Nothing new and nothing great.
  4. Mar 5, 2012
    If you're a fan of JRPG this isn't the game for you. Storyline is very thin, combat is very simplistic. I really tried to like this game but it's become one of those games I will never finish cause I find it's a waste of my time. Also the framerate at some area's is very low and that doesn't improve the feeling of the game either.
  5. Aug 17, 2010
    Very boring, short, and shallow. Interactions with npcs and choices are very terrible. You interact with people by farting at them which sounds funny but when thats the only upside to the game its garbage. Magic has no balance because there is one spell that does more damage than all the others at the same cost as the others. The plot could be interesting if it had actual depth and took more than a few hours to complete. The game has no challenge unless your goal is to kill yourself which is impossible. Shooting mechanics are atrocious. The multilayer isn't even worth being called a multilayer its more of a tug of war between people for screen control. I gave this game a two because overextending the fart expression and messing it up causes you to crap your pants. -Now that I have an account i'm reposting. Expand
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    This is a really really stupid and pathetic game. Nearly all the quests and methods for making money are really boring and stupid. Literally, the best way to make money in this game involves filling beer mugs all day. RPGs like this are a complete waste of time: why would I want to do a bunch of things in a game more boring than real life? The combat can be fun, but it gets really repetitive after awhile, and the main story fails to keep the player engaged. This game can be addicting, but that is a bad thing, as it will suck hours of an idiot's life doing completely stupid things in a video game, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  7. May 27, 2012
    Can't believe this gets 89 on metacritic. This is a 7 out of 10 at best. Not that different from fable 1. Best thing about it is the humour. Really silly when a far better game like dragons dogma only gets 75. Some of these reviewers really do boost the so called AAA titles. Sad times.

1. Fable II is everything Molyneux promised the first time around. It's funny, deep, emotional, epic, and, yes, wildly charming. We are already eager for a second playthrough, and we're betting a lot of you will have exactly the same reaction. [Dec 2008, p.68]
  2. It’s a game that builds gradually and then becomes irresistible, a beautiful lump of an RPG that continues beyond the close of its main campaign, and will have you thinking about it when you’re not at your 360. [Dec 2008, p.79]
  3. The combat handles well, it’s visually stunning, the voice acting and musical score are brilliant, and the epic storyline doesn’t end before it begins (like the first game did). But the most appealing thing about it is that it delivers everything that Molyneux has promised, plus it is oozing with wit and charm - something sorely lacking from many games nowadays. At the end of the day, Fable II is a triumph and a must buy.