6.5

1. Mar 21, 2014
    Fable 2 is an incredible, enjoyable experience start to finish. An excellent re-tool of the magic, melee, and shooting system make combat much faster and more fluid, comparing the Fable 1. The music and ambient sound are very well done, as is the stylized architecture and populace.
    All of that aside, the main reasons to play this game are the incredible storyline and your dog. Your dog is easily the greatest executed companion since Navi.
    Excellent game to replay time and time again.
  2. May 17, 2012
    This game is better then fable 3. The story while still am easy ride, is better then Fable 3's. It's also shorter. The combat isn't as easy and you will probably be knocked out at least once in your first play-through. However the real fun comes in with playing with your morality bars, and controlling real estate. I recommend this cheaper title over it's successor.
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    I played this game rather late without any real knowledge of its failed promises or anything of that sort. I just gave it a try one day, and found it extremely endearing. While combat is simplistic and apparently magic is overpowered, I played through focusing primarily on melee and secondarily on ranged with minimal attention to magic. I found combat satisfying that way, although it wasI played this game rather late without any real knowledge of its failed promises or anything of that sort. I just gave it a try one day, and found it extremely endearing. While combat is simplistic and apparently magic is overpowered, I played through focusing primarily on melee and secondarily on ranged with minimal attention to magic. I found combat satisfying that way, although it was still rarely a real challenge with the few times I had to use the resurrection phials. The marriage and dating aspects could've been a lot better, as they were bland as others have rightly pointed out. That said, I loved the world itself, the silly characters in the quests, and even the main (if short) quest. It isn't top-tier by any means, but it is surprisingly enjoyable nonetheless. Expand
  4. Apr 19, 2013
    This is my favorite of the series. Fable 2 improves on everything from the original and takes it into the next generation. Granted the ending was a bit stupid and the most anti-climactic one I think I've ever experience, but even so the game as a whole just shines. Great story, fun combat pretty locations and some really witty dialogue. Although, I will comment that some of the characterThis is my favorite of the series. Fable 2 improves on everything from the original and takes it into the next generation. Granted the ending was a bit stupid and the most anti-climactic one I think I've ever experience, but even so the game as a whole just shines. Great story, fun combat pretty locations and some really witty dialogue. Although, I will comment that some of the character models, particularly women, are rather poorly designed at points.

Overall:
    Fable 2 is, for me at least, the best fantasy game I have played on the the XBox 360 to date.
  5. May 30, 2013
    Colorful graphics, unique story, and appealing game play. Fable 2 is a gem that I'd recommend. It gets a fuzz bit repetitive and it has poor boss fights, but I enjoyed this game and highly recommend it.
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely an amazing game, Picked it up cheap used with my friend and beat the whole thing pretty quickly. Fairly short, but makes up for it with extra side quests and things. My only issue with it *SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* Is the ending. It just wasn't very satisfying. You kill the bad guy in a cutscene for gods sake! Not even a bossfight. But I think I can forgive that because I had so much fun playing the game Expand
  7. Oct 16, 2013
    this is definatelly my favorite rpg game. Wonderful, colorful, living fantasy world, interesting plot, a lot of british humor and ofcourse chickens. A must have!
  8. Nov 20, 2013
    Let me tell you straight away, I don't fully understand why I enjoyed this game, it's far from perfect. The combat isn't that good, your characters face is weird looking, the story could be drastically improved, but I have still spent an unimaginably high amount of time playing this game, and I don't regret a damn thing (maybe I regret getting the DLC). I recommend this game, even if ILet me tell you straight away, I don't fully understand why I enjoyed this game, it's far from perfect. The combat isn't that good, your characters face is weird looking, the story could be drastically improved, but I have still spent an unimaginably high amount of time playing this game, and I don't regret a damn thing (maybe I regret getting the DLC). I recommend this game, even if I don't really know why. Expand
  9. May 22, 2014
    I was thoroughly impressed with this video game. While it wasn't perfect I found the experience to be very enjoyable. There were lots of customizations, challenges, and various tasks to do. The sense of humor also helped the game immensely. I thought that was a large part of its appeal.
  10. Aug 14, 2014
    This truly is an amazing game. The graphics are very good, as is the superb melee combat, which is brilliant. This is, in my opinion, the best Fable in the franchise. There seems to be an unlimited amount of things to do. Plundering, saving lives, hunting monsters, thieving, and exploring the vast expanse of Albion; one of the best open world's ever. Sure, the interactions are still tooThis truly is an amazing game. The graphics are very good, as is the superb melee combat, which is brilliant. This is, in my opinion, the best Fable in the franchise. There seems to be an unlimited amount of things to do. Plundering, saving lives, hunting monsters, thieving, and exploring the vast expanse of Albion; one of the best open world's ever. Sure, the interactions are still too cheesy and stupid to take seriously, but when my boy ran into a cave on his own, I actually got scared. And obviously, the RPG elements work extremely well. And the entire game is extremely well done. Expand
  11. Jul 30, 2014
    Fable II is a fun, enjoyable experience for any RPG lover. I think this game really shines with the combat. The melee combat is very good and the movements are very fluent, the ranged attack is quite simple, and the magic system is also simple and works quite well. I enjoy the setting, it seems more fantasy like than other RPGs but the story isn't the greatest. The story is to just findFable II is a fun, enjoyable experience for any RPG lover. I think this game really shines with the combat. The melee combat is very good and the movements are very fluent, the ranged attack is quite simple, and the magic system is also simple and works quite well. I enjoy the setting, it seems more fantasy like than other RPGs but the story isn't the greatest. The story is to just find the other three heroes and take revenge on the antagonist, Lucien; I also think the ending is kind of anti-climatic. To me the story and world seems a little linear and there's not a whole lot of free roam except traveling to towns to do various activities like buying property or working a job, which is fun. This is a great game that I find to be more for gameplay value rather than tuning into the story, so it's still a very fun game. Expand
  12. Nov 16, 2014
    Played it as a kid, I loved it, didn't play the first one though so I can't really compare it to that, but I do have Fable 3 so compared to that is freaking amazing

1. Fable II is everything Molyneux promised the first time around. It's funny, deep, emotional, epic, and, yes, wildly charming. We are already eager for a second playthrough, and we're betting a lot of you will have exactly the same reaction. [Dec 2008, p.68]
  2. It’s a game that builds gradually and then becomes irresistible, a beautiful lump of an RPG that continues beyond the close of its main campaign, and will have you thinking about it when you’re not at your 360. [Dec 2008, p.79]
  3. The combat handles well, it’s visually stunning, the voice acting and musical score are brilliant, and the epic storyline doesn’t end before it begins (like the first game did). But the most appealing thing about it is that it delivers everything that Molyneux has promised, plus it is oozing with wit and charm - something sorely lacking from many games nowadays. At the end of the day, Fable II is a triumph and a must buy.