6.5

1. Nov 16, 2014
    Played it as a kid, I loved it, didn't play the first one though so I can't really compare it to that, but I do have Fable 3 so compared to that is freaking amazing
  2. Nov 12, 2014
    This game is way too short. Several great ideas, like the ability to purchase properties to bring in a constant income, are negated because (a) the games too short for that to have a positive impact, and (b) at some point you won't know what to do with that excess money anyway!

People talk about Fable's charm, and while I somewhat see that, sometimes it just boils down to fart jokes and constant flipping the bird. That's not charm folks; that's child's play.

Combat is somewhat more enjoyable than the original, but that's not saying much. For a game that prides itself on choice, you really only have two impacting choices in the game: be good or be evil.

The story if lackluster, which is typical of all Fable games. The characters are a little more interesting. It's just not enough to keep you hooked. I struggled to finish the game, which is terrible considering how short it is! Some of the mini-games are fun though.

I'm not sure I'd recommend any Fable game, and after this one I didn't even try the third (although I hear it's more of the same). Look elsewhere for fun RPGs.
  3. Aug 14, 2014
    This truly is an amazing game. The graphics are very good, as is the superb melee combat, which is brilliant. This is, in my opinion, the best Fable in the franchise. There seems to be an unlimited amount of things to do. Plundering, saving lives, hunting monsters, thieving, and exploring the vast expanse of Albion; one of the best open world's ever. Sure, the interactions are still tooThis truly is an amazing game. The graphics are very good, as is the superb melee combat, which is brilliant. This is, in my opinion, the best Fable in the franchise. There seems to be an unlimited amount of things to do. Plundering, saving lives, hunting monsters, thieving, and exploring the vast expanse of Albion; one of the best open world's ever. Sure, the interactions are still too cheesy and stupid to take seriously, but when my boy ran into a cave on his own, I actually got scared. And obviously, the RPG elements work extremely well. And the entire game is extremely well done. Expand
  4. Jul 30, 2014
    Fable II is a fun, enjoyable experience for any RPG lover. I think this game really shines with the combat. The melee combat is very good and the movements are very fluent, the ranged attack is quite simple, and the magic system is also simple and works quite well. I enjoy the setting, it seems more fantasy like than other RPGs but the story isn't the greatest. The story is to just findFable II is a fun, enjoyable experience for any RPG lover. I think this game really shines with the combat. The melee combat is very good and the movements are very fluent, the ranged attack is quite simple, and the magic system is also simple and works quite well. I enjoy the setting, it seems more fantasy like than other RPGs but the story isn't the greatest. The story is to just find the other three heroes and take revenge on the antagonist, Lucien; I also think the ending is kind of anti-climatic. To me the story and world seems a little linear and there's not a whole lot of free roam except traveling to towns to do various activities like buying property or working a job, which is fun. This is a great game that I find to be more for gameplay value rather than tuning into the story, so it's still a very fun game. Expand
  5. May 22, 2014
    I was thoroughly impressed with this video game. While it wasn't perfect I found the experience to be very enjoyable. There were lots of customizations, challenges, and various tasks to do. The sense of humor also helped the game immensely. I thought that was a large part of its appeal.
  6. Mar 22, 2014
    The main downfall with Fable 2 is, in my opinion, the fact that it is a victim of it's own success. Fable: The Lost Chapters was stunning, but Fable 2 was far less impressive. However, it was, by any stretch of the mind, a worthwhile game for the franchise.

The story, I personally found, was slightly deeper and more innovative than the original, with three heroes who must come together to defeat the current ruler of Albion. The game takes place in what appears to be around the 1700's. The regions are far more expansive than it's predecessor, and there is a lot more to collect and do, but the combat is not so great. Every time you get knocked down, you simply get up again like it was nothing, and lose any experience you dropped. This removes any specific challenge within the game, and makes it almost insulting to fans of the previous game. There are still legendary weapons, lots of property to buy, lots of dig spots, gambling, and a new feature to the series; jobs. You will earn money by activating the job at one of the work points, and then playing a minigame, which can get slightly repetitive after a while, but is good to make a little extra on the top. Property can still be purchased, and on occasion, is mandatory for specific quests and items.

There isn't much more to say about this game. Just think Fable with less challenge, more collectibles, bigger regions, new characters, new story, new experience system, and you have Fable 2. Not perfect, but not terrible.
  7. Mar 21, 2014
    Fable 2 is an incredible, enjoyable experience start to finish. An excellent re-tool of the magic, melee, and shooting system make combat much faster and more fluid, comparing the Fable 1. The music and ambient sound are very well done, as is the stylized architecture and populace.
    All of that aside, the main reasons to play this game are the incredible storyline and your dog. Your dog is easily the greatest executed companion since Navi.
    Excellent game to replay time and time again.
  8. Jan 19, 2014
    Fable II misses out on the top end of the scores for two reasons, the first being that it didn't deliver what it promised in the build up to it's release, a lot of the features qualities where exaggerated I mean the world responds to your actions but in a very poor way and the moral choice system is straight up garbage. The second reason it misses out is because it fails as an RPG, it'sFable II misses out on the top end of the scores for two reasons, the first being that it didn't deliver what it promised in the build up to it's release, a lot of the features qualities where exaggerated I mean the world responds to your actions but in a very poor way and the moral choice system is straight up garbage. The second reason it misses out is because it fails as an RPG, it's like the game can't decide weather its a hack and slash or a role player. I admit the world (well most of it) is built to RPG standards, there are a few linear bits, but the towns are great places to spend time but it's all for no reason. The game looks good with a Disneyesque presentation which gives the game real character and the characters themselves are fun and colourful with lots of well crafted quests, the combat is solid however a little repetitive but overall this game is well worth playing despite it not quite delivering on expectations. Expand
  9. Nov 20, 2013
    Let me tell you straight away, I don't fully understand why I enjoyed this game, it's far from perfect. The combat isn't that good, your characters face is weird looking, the story could be drastically improved, but I have still spent an unimaginably high amount of time playing this game, and I don't regret a damn thing (maybe I regret getting the DLC). I recommend this game, even if ILet me tell you straight away, I don't fully understand why I enjoyed this game, it's far from perfect. The combat isn't that good, your characters face is weird looking, the story could be drastically improved, but I have still spent an unimaginably high amount of time playing this game, and I don't regret a damn thing (maybe I regret getting the DLC). I recommend this game, even if I don't really know why. Expand
  10. Oct 16, 2013
    this is definatelly my favorite rpg game. Wonderful, colorful, living fantasy world, interesting plot, a lot of british humor and ofcourse chickens. A must have!
  11. Jul 28, 2013
    By technical aspects the game is not perfect, but damn-it, it's enjoyable. It's one of the only games that to me merited a replay not just once, but 3 separate times. That's right. I played through the game 4 times (not in a row), and am planning on playing it again. Way better than its sequel.
  12. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely an amazing game, Picked it up cheap used with my friend and beat the whole thing pretty quickly. Fairly short, but makes up for it with extra side quests and things. My only issue with it *SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* Is the ending. It just wasn't very satisfying. You kill the bad guy in a cutscene for gods sake! Not even a bossfight. But I think I can forgive that because I had so much fun playing the game Expand
  13. Jun 21, 2013
    I played this game rather late without any real knowledge of its failed promises or anything of that sort. I just gave it a try one day, and found it extremely endearing. While combat is simplistic and apparently magic is overpowered, I played through focusing primarily on melee and secondarily on ranged with minimal attention to magic. I found combat satisfying that way, although it wasI played this game rather late without any real knowledge of its failed promises or anything of that sort. I just gave it a try one day, and found it extremely endearing. While combat is simplistic and apparently magic is overpowered, I played through focusing primarily on melee and secondarily on ranged with minimal attention to magic. I found combat satisfying that way, although it was still rarely a real challenge with the few times I had to use the resurrection phials. The marriage and dating aspects could've been a lot better, as they were bland as others have rightly pointed out. That said, I loved the world itself, the silly characters in the quests, and even the main (if short) quest. It isn't top-tier by any means, but it is surprisingly enjoyable nonetheless. Expand
  14. May 31, 2013
    fable 2 is disappointing but that dose not mean it is bad. Fable 2 has a mediocre story and average side quests, but there are two main problems which are the game is to easy i was never on the edge or worried that i was going to die because i never died once in the entire game. The second problem was the combat was only based on one button so in combat all i needed to do was keep pressingfable 2 is disappointing but that dose not mean it is bad. Fable 2 has a mediocre story and average side quests, but there are two main problems which are the game is to easy i was never on the edge or worried that i was going to die because i never died once in the entire game. The second problem was the combat was only based on one button so in combat all i needed to do was keep pressing x all the time to win. Thats not to say its all bad managing my property was pretty cool and a nice addition to the game, it was also very addictive. Expand
  15. May 30, 2013
    Colorful graphics, unique story, and appealing game play. Fable 2 is a gem that I'd recommend. It gets a fuzz bit repetitive and it has poor boss fights, but I enjoyed this game and highly recommend it.
  16. Apr 19, 2013
    This is my favorite of the series. Fable 2 improves on everything from the original and takes it into the next generation. Granted the ending was a bit stupid and the most anti-climactic one I think I've ever experience, but even so the game as a whole just shines. Great story, fun combat pretty locations and some really witty dialogue. Although, I will comment that some of the characterThis is my favorite of the series. Fable 2 improves on everything from the original and takes it into the next generation. Granted the ending was a bit stupid and the most anti-climactic one I think I've ever experience, but even so the game as a whole just shines. Great story, fun combat pretty locations and some really witty dialogue. Although, I will comment that some of the character models, particularly women, are rather poorly designed at points.

Overall:
    Fable 2 is, for me at least, the best fantasy game I have played on the the XBox 360 to date.
  17. Mar 17, 2013
    Fable II by Lionhead Studio's is a solid action adventure game but it just lacks in a lot of area's, The game is way too easy which takes away any challenge the game could of had, the world is sometimes very graphically appealing and has a magical feel, but other times it's bland and uninteresting, It's a very mixed bag with some silly design choices. The fact that you have to sit thereFable II by Lionhead Studio's is a solid action adventure game but it just lacks in a lot of area's, The game is way too easy which takes away any challenge the game could of had, the world is sometimes very graphically appealing and has a magical feel, but other times it's bland and uninteresting, It's a very mixed bag with some silly design choices. The fact that you have to sit there doing boring work mini-games to get money is the most uninteresting game design I have seen in recent times, Your companion dog is a nice addition with some good AI to him with helping find you treasure and dig spots, But in the end Fable II is a technically solid title, but bad design choices bring it down dramatically. If you own an Xbox 360 and want a fantasy action adventure title, Fable II is a decent ride despite some issues but if you are looking for deep game design then you should look elsewhere as you will not find it here. Expand
  18. Feb 8, 2013
    Fable 2 is a good game. The story is fine but could have been better, the combat is a bit sluggish but okay once you get used to it. The dog feature was nice as it follows your alignment and changes like you and the towns are lively as villagers and guards spawn back if they die. I was disappointed in the ending though as it wasn't a good ending. But overall I had fun playing this game andFable 2 is a good game. The story is fine but could have been better, the combat is a bit sluggish but okay once you get used to it. The dog feature was nice as it follows your alignment and changes like you and the towns are lively as villagers and guards spawn back if they die. I was disappointed in the ending though as it wasn't a good ending. But overall I had fun playing this game and maybe you can too. Expand
  19. Jan 14, 2013
    If you're after a decent economy, a great selection of weapons and a fully fleshed out sandbox RPG, Fable 2 might just be the game for you.
    Graphically superior to Fable 1 and Superior in every field to Fable 3, I always come back to it every year to play through again.
    You can also train up your dog, build statues of yourself, buy potions which give you experience points, buy shops, rent out properties without having to maintain them.

Additionally, the player can make money even when the game isn't switched on. Every hour, the money the player makes through a rented property gets added on regardless of whether the game is on or not.
    Also, One of the demon doors in the game provides the best jump scare in a game ever.
  20. Dec 20, 2012
    The overall feeling I had with this game is that it took most of what the original did wrong and made it right but also inexplicably left out most of what the first game did right. The magic in this game just didn't feel as fun as it did in Fable, you didn't feel like an unstoppable powerhouse and that's probably because they didn't want you to be one. However that's what I liked about theThe overall feeling I had with this game is that it took most of what the original did wrong and made it right but also inexplicably left out most of what the first game did right. The magic in this game just didn't feel as fun as it did in Fable, you didn't feel like an unstoppable powerhouse and that's probably because they didn't want you to be one. However that's what I liked about the original game, running around in Union Jack boxers beating up guards with a stick, it was funny. I feel that a lot of the humour was lost in this game. Unfortunately it doesn't replace the humour with a more solid storyline, that is, unless you're playing as the good guy. I always feel that Fable would have benefitted if instead of calling you Evil when you were getting up to mischief, they called you a "bit of an a**hole who still gets the job done" because there was a point in the game when I was standing head and shoulders above Theresa wearing a dark trench coat and a pirate hat and I felt like I was being told off by my mother. In Fable this would have been funny but the sequel just didn't quite pull it off. Still a very fun game, pity they never bothered releasing it for PC. Expand
  21. Oct 29, 2012
    Fable 2 is what people in the industry would call a
  22. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, so Fable II sounds like this really awesome game. I never had any of the gamebreaking glitches mentioned here (but there were some funny ones, such as when Bowerstone lost its buildings after completing a job). However, why am I giving this game a 6? The combat is ok, that's a pass. I like the demon doors and the silver keys, in my opinion, those are the pride and the glory of this game. But there are three glaring problems: lore, story, and items. Albion, I have to say, is not a very exciting fantasy world. Firstly, it's not big, like Nirn (Elder Scrolls), Amalur (KOA:R) or even Tyria (Guild Wars). No fun races (hell, even elves would sound nice in the game), realistic backstory (like who created the world? why the hell are we even in this game?) or even fun creatures (heh, the most menancing is a Balverine, a rip off of every single werewolf you've seen, and btw, only 5 types of creatures to kill). Secondly, its story (which includes sidequests) just lacks the feel Skyrim has. In Skyrim, you're lost in the world, like a kid in a candy store. Everything is beautiful, feels magnificent, and even feels real (bears attacking you on the middle of the road, numerous [and I mean NUMEROUS] caverns, forts, waterfalls, mountains, forests, just like a real world). Secondly, the lore is so bad the story suffers (couldn't you have chosen something better than Hero as the "heroes" of the world? And, might I mention, no fun boss fights [trolls don't count] or final battle-WHY CAN'T I JUST FIGHT LUCIEN? WHY DOES A BULLET JUST KILL HIM?). Thirdly, the item system is no fun. Only four types of weapons (from Rusty, Iron, Steel and Master) instead of countless numbers of great loot and items you get in other rpgs. I don't know if I can call Fable II an RPG. Yes, I can level up. Yes, I can "upgrade" my equipment. The first time I played through it, maybe I said yes. Maybe I convinced myself it was indeed worthy of competing with Oblivion. But now, I know even Oblivion is several steps ahead. If I could become completely lost and immersed in Fable II, then it would absolutley crush Bethesda's masterpiece. But its lack of length or even its lack of redundancy cripple the game, allowing the Elder Scrolls to trample over it. I want more out of you Lionhead. You're not a terrible company. I want to have more items and customizations to choose from. I want to explore a massive, massive, world. Fable could have been that and so much more. It may forever be the game that promised immense potential and failed to deliver. If it were anywhere on the level of Oblivion and Skyrim, then I would crown it the king of games. Expand
  23. May 27, 2012
    Can't believe this gets 89 on metacritic. This is a 7 out of 10 at best. Not that different from fable 1. Best thing about it is the humour. Really silly when a far better game like dragons dogma only gets 75. Some of these reviewers really do boost the so called AAA titles. Sad times.
  24. May 17, 2012
    This game is better then fable 3. The story while still am easy ride, is better then Fable 3's. It's also shorter. The combat isn't as easy and you will probably be knocked out at least once in your first play-through. However the real fun comes in with playing with your morality bars, and controlling real estate. I recommend this cheaper title over it's successor.
  25. Mar 30, 2012
    OMG what a terrible game. This has to rank as one of the most solid game products out there that is dull dull dull. A fantastic job was done on the world and some of the dungeon or areas were done fantastic but the gameplay is about as basic as it can get and even those mechanics are poor at best. The game is so simple it is a one button masher, ok I can understand we want this game to beOMG what a terrible game. This has to rank as one of the most solid game products out there that is dull dull dull. A fantastic job was done on the world and some of the dungeon or areas were done fantastic but the gameplay is about as basic as it can get and even those mechanics are poor at best. The game is so simple it is a one button masher, ok I can understand we want this game to be for the young or inexperienced gamer but then what is with the romantic parts of the game? Are we trying to teach the young how to have an orgy with anyone of any sex because in this game I tried to get my wife and my wife only to follow me and instead we constantly find a mob of groupies standing around me offering to marry me. On the status screen my wife says she wants sex yet you can buy her the world, all her special likes in her favorate world areas, then she does nothing except clap her hands and watch you do silly tricks and is not interested in trigerring her status effects. So, if the status screen says one thing and the action side doesn't match, the game is broken. Its not just broken there either- the game is too simple for advanced gamers and too far out there for youngsters too....Lets talk about other mechanics, I can buy one shop or home then turn my xbox off lets say for a month and come back and I'm a millionare? I like the advancement systems, they are neat but really that is all, if i leave my xbox off i can come back rich as can be and buy the game up. There is so much wrong with this game i don't know where to start. Maybe if i was 10 years old it would appeal but being an adult i have to say this game is definately not for me. Expand
  26. Mar 5, 2012
    If you're a fan of JRPG this isn't the game for you. Storyline is very thin, combat is very simplistic. I really tried to like this game but it's become one of those games I will never finish cause I find it's a waste of my time. Also the framerate at some area's is very low and that doesn't improve the feeling of the game either.
  27. Mar 5, 2012
    This game is just boring, first of, there is no challenge in the game you cant die so the game is easy as hell istead when you are defeted you just lose some experience points but these are not hard to earn, second the character has no personality wathsoever, never talks and nevers expresses himself, at lest in some games like zelda Link doesnt talk but when something bad happend heThis game is just boring, first of, there is no challenge in the game you cant die so the game is easy as hell istead when you are defeted you just lose some experience points but these are not hard to earn, second the character has no personality wathsoever, never talks and nevers expresses himself, at lest in some games like zelda Link doesnt talk but when something bad happend he screams or something like that but here the character doesnt do anything of that, is the most unexpresive character I ever seen in videogames. The world is good in a visual perspective the enemieas are well designed and the location but techniclly speaking the world sucks. The dungeons are really easy and boring just move straight forward and there you go the travel is tedious and slow if you dont use autotravel. If you are looking for a good RPG look somewhere else. Expand
  28. Jan 24, 2012
    this is my review:
    pros
    -the story is the best in the series - combat is way better than the first one in a landslide -the world in the game is huge and there are a ton of a fun and exited side missions -lots of
    this is my review:
    pros
    -the story is the best in the series
    - combat is way better than the first one in a landslide
    -the world in the game is huge and there are a ton of a fun and exited side missions -lots of cusomization -can do almost anything (like buy and rent houses get married and have children)
    -the dog is an awesome addition to the series
    -beautiful graphics
    cons
    -co-op is horrible
    -this game crashed on me a few times (it may of been just of my game)
  29. Nov 29, 2011
    Its pretty average if you ask me and not as good as the first game. While Fable 2 is a ton more realistic and life like then the previous game, There are a ton and I mean a ton of bugs and glitches as well as a poorly designed world and simple combat. Its pretty disapointing.
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    This is a really really stupid and pathetic game. Nearly all the quests and methods for making money are really boring and stupid. Literally, the best way to make money in this game involves filling beer mugs all day. RPGs like this are a complete waste of time: why would I want to do a bunch of things in a game more boring than real life? The combat can be fun, but it gets reallyThis is a really really stupid and pathetic game. Nearly all the quests and methods for making money are really boring and stupid. Literally, the best way to make money in this game involves filling beer mugs all day. RPGs like this are a complete waste of time: why would I want to do a bunch of things in a game more boring than real life? The combat can be fun, but it gets really repetitive after awhile, and the main story fails to keep the player engaged. This game can be addicting, but that is a bad thing, as it will suck hours of an idiot's life doing completely stupid things in a video game, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  31. Nov 9, 2011
    I enjoyed playing this game particularly with all the little options available, but it never really clicked for me. I never found the draw to come back and finish this one. Didn't stop me from playing the 3rd one on sale but it really didn't shine as much as I'd hoped it would.
  32. Oct 4, 2011
    Re-Playability Value: 8
    Fun Factor: 8

Score: 8.3/10 = A-
  33. Aug 30, 2011
    A decent RPG, but not deserving of GOTY 2008 (Gamespot). The game-play was fun while it lasted, but the sense of achievement or adventure in the game was limited by how easy everything is, and how little there is to do.
  34. Aug 14, 2011
    FANTASIC GAME!! I loved the first fable i still play it to this day. I have rarely come by a Lion head studio game which i didn't like, the story wasn't my favorite if they would have stayed with the heros guild it would have made this game perfect. The dog is perfect, they did a great job with it. graphics were awesome. the game play was so much better then the first one. you can get moreFANTASIC GAME!! I loved the first fable i still play it to this day. I have rarely come by a Lion head studio game which i didn't like, the story wasn't my favorite if they would have stayed with the heros guild it would have made this game perfect. The dog is perfect, they did a great job with it. graphics were awesome. the game play was so much better then the first one. you can get more involded in your world and the world changes with you. fun game :) Expand
  35. Aug 13, 2011
    I enjoy RPG and i bought this for my xbox360. As an RPG it is just rubbish. The graphics are shoddy and the story is for kids. Nothing new and nothing great.
  36. Jul 3, 2011
    That was it? Throughout playing the game, I kept going back and forth from giving this game an eight or a seven. With the defeat of the main threat over (and still having over half of the side quests to do) I easily settled on a seven. It's not so much that this game has potential, it reached extremely well everything that they wanted to do to make it a unique and entertaining, it's justThat was it? Throughout playing the game, I kept going back and forth from giving this game an eight or a seven. With the defeat of the main threat over (and still having over half of the side quests to do) I easily settled on a seven. It's not so much that this game has potential, it reached extremely well everything that they wanted to do to make it a unique and entertaining, it's just that they forgot to flesh out a story for your hero. A big plus was the "Sims interaction" approach with all the npcs. It certainly doesn't feel like your hero is the loneliest person on the planet any more. The combat starts off annoying due to the button mashing, but after leveling up your not having to hit the same ol' button (too much anyway). The use of a gun and the ability granted to shoot the body, head (always go for the head) or the weapon was a nice unique feature that you can't even find in today's shooters. And even though they went with caricatures of a 2-D style, the game's artwork and graphics were stunning. Probably one of the best looking RPG's I've played to date (and this game is three years old at this point) because of the artists strong attention to detail they give this game. After reading other reviews, I keep seeing the words "for the experience", and, yes, I agree. I recommend this above else for the experience of what Lionhead has created. But the sad parts are, for one, you are stuck on paths and have very little room to explore the world that was created. And the mapping system left me seriously disorientated to where I was at in the relationship to the continent? country? world? of Albion. Which is how I think this game comes off; disorientating yet worth getting lost into. Even if it's for the short duration of its plot line. Expand
  37. Jun 27, 2011
    Fable has yet to make good on its promise of revolutionizing the RPG. Combat has been simplified, meaning that swords, bows and magic each have their own buttons. There is a significant imbalance between these powers, with magic becoming so strong that you would be stupid to use anything else. The story is one-dimensional and the characters are never developed. The side aspects of the gameFable has yet to make good on its promise of revolutionizing the RPG. Combat has been simplified, meaning that swords, bows and magic each have their own buttons. There is a significant imbalance between these powers, with magic becoming so strong that you would be stupid to use anything else. The story is one-dimensional and the characters are never developed. The side aspects of the game (a variety of jobs, marrying, having a family) are shallow and there is not much point (other than money) to spend any time at them. Getting married is the most uninteresting as every man and woman are pretty much the same. The only information given are their names and moderately useful facts about them. The game is too short and the final boss is underwhelming. Still, I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy playing it. There are lots of secrets and plenty of loot to keep players interested. The combat is fast and satisfying. The world is wider and more accessible although Albion never feels as alive or as vibrant as Cyrodil from Oblivion or Hyrule from Legend of Zelda. The Fable series, though entertaining, has many problems at its core and has yet to reach the upper echelons of western RPG's. Expand
  38. Jun 3, 2011
    I very much enjoyed Fable II. Character interactions, combat controls, and the expression system are unique among RPGs which makes for a refreshing feel. I like toying with the locals as much as I enjoy toying with my own morality. The only major issue was feeling like the game was over too quickly (which was unfortunately the same problem with the original Fable). There were lots of oddI very much enjoyed Fable II. Character interactions, combat controls, and the expression system are unique among RPGs which makes for a refreshing feel. I like toying with the locals as much as I enjoy toying with my own morality. The only major issue was feeling like the game was over too quickly (which was unfortunately the same problem with the original Fable). There were lots of odd little achievments along the way that were also fun. :) Expand
  39. May 9, 2011
    Not a bad game. In my mind the user score is more accurate than the metacritic score. Fable is decent, has a good story line and is fun. Also graphics are exceptional. Problem is this game gets boring towards the end. Worth playing.
  40. Apr 23, 2011
    Absolutely loved this game, so much so I played it from start to finish twice. I can see from the other reviews that you either like this sort of game or you don't, and I am one that does. There are many well known voice actors, the game looks beautiful and plays well and is full of humour.
  41. Apr 21, 2011
    Charming game with a cool interactions on the world and on the society of the game. Its cool the options of that every actions affect your aspect giving you personality,thats cool but it needs more depth ,also annoying some AI don't act well and some weird glitches. The graphics are colorful , the gameplay is easy and simple.
  42. Apr 21, 2011
    Fable 2 is the second in Lionhead Studio's series of games that over reach and promise to be a complete and immersive game experience but just sort of end up being mediocre action/adventure titles, Though nice to look at and filled with some great comedic dialougue and some good SIM-life options Fable 2 falls short of the hype. Should it be judged so harshly on hype? Normally I would sayFable 2 is the second in Lionhead Studio's series of games that over reach and promise to be a complete and immersive game experience but just sort of end up being mediocre action/adventure titles, Though nice to look at and filled with some great comedic dialougue and some good SIM-life options Fable 2 falls short of the hype. Should it be judged so harshly on hype? Normally I would say 'No." but the developers here have used their 'innovation" and "unique and creative game design" buzzwords to create a frothing pulsing hype around what they claim to be a game changer but just ends up being "pretty entertaining".

Fable 2 is kind of short. From the standpoint of any RPG fan. The main story missions will take you well under 15 hours to complete. There are side quests and jobs to perform and houses to buy so that you could just try and inhabit the world for hours after you've completed the game but since none of this seems necessary to the overall plot I found myself not giving a hoot. The story attempts greatness and I must say, since I was reading the Dark Tower series while playing this, there were certain elements that thoroughly intrigued me, but it does fall apart almost comically in the third act. To the point where you're left wonder what the hell just happened.

It isn't all bad. The combat system is top notch allowing action gamers like me to take control of of 3 different play styles all at once and giving you a great sense of power and finesse throughout. Even in the most mundane of battles I found myself enjoying it to the last swing, shot or fireball. It's a great looking game as well. None of that photo-realistic mumbo jumbo, this thing is completely stylish (like a Fable) and it all looks great. The arcetechture and clothes all contribute to a great setting.

All in all I did want to enjoy this more than I did. But with customization options just laying there like a limp noodle as well as the story. The short list of good points don't add up to a "game changer".
  43. Apr 19, 2011
    There were a lot of cool things in the game, but the game was just not well balanced and integrated. First, it is extremely easy. I kept thinking that this was a kid's game and then realized that it had adult content. The interface is horrible. Inventory use and management is prohibitively slow and awkward. The economy is completely out of scale- I had millions of gold with very littleThere were a lot of cool things in the game, but the game was just not well balanced and integrated. First, it is extremely easy. I kept thinking that this was a kid's game and then realized that it had adult content. The interface is horrible. Inventory use and management is prohibitively slow and awkward. The economy is completely out of scale- I had millions of gold with very little to spend it on. On a related issue, re: treasures you have to patiently wait for the dog to find the 'dig spot', and then patiently wait until the digging animation was done. And then.. boom.. the treasures were almost always useless. When I have over 2 million gold, a sack of 5,000 gold is unrewarding. To me, it is as though they made the game, but never bothered playing it. Because anyone who played the game would notice these issues. It is unfortunate, because there were some very cool features in the game, and the potential was there for a great game but the lack of *balance* and *integration* really made the game hard to be fun. I'm not sure how some critics (or users) felt justified giving this game a 10. It's definitely not a 10. Some of the features of the game may have deserved a 10, but, as a whole, I think the User Score average captured it with a 6.2. Expand
  44. Apr 6, 2011
    Fable II is one of the greatest RPGs and one of the greatest games I've ever played, and in my personal the best so far in the Fable series, the gameplay, story, and features are outstanding, as are the graphics and sound, and it's just so much fun, but it does have its flaws like the bugs and glitches, and the fact that it lags in populated areas, but this is still a highly enjoyableFable II is one of the greatest RPGs and one of the greatest games I've ever played, and in my personal the best so far in the Fable series, the gameplay, story, and features are outstanding, as are the graphics and sound, and it's just so much fun, but it does have its flaws like the bugs and glitches, and the fact that it lags in populated areas, but this is still a highly enjoyable experience I can recommend to all. Expand
  45. Mar 20, 2011
    First, I will admit that had never played Fable when I played Fable II, so I didn't have any prior experience with the franchise going into this game. That being said, I did have a lot of fun playing this and exploring the world. The story was alright and the character interactions were really quite good/well acted, but the climatic moment was too sudden and short for me to really feelFirst, I will admit that had never played Fable when I played Fable II, so I didn't have any prior experience with the franchise going into this game. That being said, I did have a lot of fun playing this and exploring the world. The story was alright and the character interactions were really quite good/well acted, but the climatic moment was too sudden and short for me to really feel the payoff from all the hours invested. But I did enjoy the metagame of being a hedonistic slum lord hero, and watching the reactions of the NPC's around me - that alone provided hours of hilarity. Expand
  46. Mar 16, 2011
    Technically sound and nice visuals which I like,however your time in the world of Fable 2 is wasted.Why build up spell power and such when there are no big bosses or even challenging encounters.Some great ideas but poorly implemented.The most generic story very dissapointing.Its bad when you're 4 year old can complete a game like this.I wanted to love it more but it just let me down overTechnically sound and nice visuals which I like,however your time in the world of Fable 2 is wasted.Why build up spell power and such when there are no big bosses or even challenging encounters.Some great ideas but poorly implemented.The most generic story very dissapointing.Its bad when you're 4 year old can complete a game like this.I wanted to love it more but it just let me down over and over and over. Expand
  47. Mar 15, 2011
    The highly anticipated Fable 2. I enjoyed Fable 1 so much. it was awesome. I had such high hope. But I've got to be honest. For me it just didn't deliver. There's so many bugs and the most annoying thing of all is the low FPS while executing jobs and cycling through menus. I keep playing hoping it will have more to give but it just doesn't grab me like the first one. Sad face :(
  48. Mar 9, 2011
    Fable II is entertaining and, at least for a time, fun. The main quest line is very short, though, and the myriad side quests and "life" elements that supposedly provide "hours and hours" of gameplay really aren't very much fun. Combat is really easy, and the proliferation of life phials means that even in the off chance that you do fall in battle, you're revived without consequence.Fable II is entertaining and, at least for a time, fun. The main quest line is very short, though, and the myriad side quests and "life" elements that supposedly provide "hours and hours" of gameplay really aren't very much fun. Combat is really easy, and the proliferation of life phials means that even in the off chance that you do fall in battle, you're revived without consequence. Even if you DON'T have said life phial., you're resurrected with a negligible loss of experience and a scar somewhere on your body. Oh no, my video game character is scarred! Now I have to restart the whole game! The interface to switch between spells is also poorly constructed, making it nearly impossible to create a true mage. Ranged weapons are handy here and there, but the game is really geared toward the swordsman build. Overall, the RPG elements are lacking.

But then, you're supposed to be able to spend hours "living the life" of the hero. Sure, you can get married. Multiple times, even. To a man and a woman, if you want. But who cares? You can get a job doing the same thing - chopping wood, pouring beer, banging a hammer on an anvil - over and over and over and over again. Woo-hoo. You can buy every single piece of property in the entire game world, if you have to patience to save up the money. You can watch your weight or get fat. You can get tattoos and haircuts, as well as change your clothes. But these are things I have to do in real life! I don't want to have to do them in a video game, too! Fable II is a mildly entertaining, quaint game that gets old after about 10 hours. Even for the obsessive compulsive completionist, this game will disappoint.
  49. Jan 9, 2011
    I really don't understand why the user reviews for this game are so low, because Fable II is a lot of fun. Sure, it's fairly linear and the gameplay can become pretty simple, but it's still a very well-designed adventure. Some people might argue that there isn't enough to do, but you really need to appreciate the things you CAN do, because those things are very enjoyable.
  50. Dec 27, 2010
    I'm seeing 2's and 0's here, with an average score of 6.2. What? These are obviously guys who are just PS3 fanboys, or are mad that lionhead changed the fable gameplay formula. Get over it. I prefer this Fable to any of the other fable's, and that includes fable 3 (While good, it wasn't fantastic). The inclusion of the guns and different rates of fire was nice, while also keeping theI'm seeing 2's and 0's here, with an average score of 6.2. What? These are obviously guys who are just PS3 fanboys, or are mad that lionhead changed the fable gameplay formula. Get over it. I prefer this Fable to any of the other fable's, and that includes fable 3 (While good, it wasn't fantastic). The inclusion of the guns and different rates of fire was nice, while also keeping the weapons simple and fluid at the same time. The combat's great, and you have to work to get that ridiculously overpowered spell. The story was really good, and while no mass effect, it was definitely worth experiencing. While co-op is nice, it's way too limited, which has been improved on in the third game, though its still too easy. But all-in-all, this is a brilliant game that you should definitely pick up ahead of the other two fables, with the only bad points being it's quite easy, the co-op is limited. Expand
  51. Nov 18, 2010
    A truley amazing game.. despite what most people say about it, its amazing so much to do it looks amazing and its awesome to play.. i think i put in 25+ hours and i would deff play it through again
  52. Oct 29, 2010
    As much as I enjoyed Fable I it hurts for me to say that Fable II felt like a step back. The game barely even felt like an RPG. I enjoyed romping through Albion, but in the end I play RPGs for stories in which I feel I had a great impact. I just did not come close to that with Fable II. It is it's over-simplified combat and black and white morality choices that break the experience forAs much as I enjoyed Fable I it hurts for me to say that Fable II felt like a step back. The game barely even felt like an RPG. I enjoyed romping through Albion, but in the end I play RPGs for stories in which I feel I had a great impact. I just did not come close to that with Fable II. It is it's over-simplified combat and black and white morality choices that break the experience for me. Not to mention that there are less weapons, clothes, and absolutely no armor in the game. Customizing my character's appearance was fun to me. Now it is reduced to a handful of outfits. Being able to change the clothing's color is nice, but its not a saving grace. The addition of a pet is a good idea, as are the job mini-games (but jobs get dull far too fast). In the end this game is just too shallow for me to find playing it to be worth the price of admission. Expand
  53. Oct 20, 2010
    In my opinion Fable II is a totally unique and very enjoyable RPG. It took me nearly two years to play this game since it was released back in 2008, 1) because I didn't buy a 360 until recently and 2) because Fable 1 was quite a letdown for me. The characters were fun but the entire world just felt so small and confined, like an MMO that I was beta testing. This game raised the bar inIn my opinion Fable II is a totally unique and very enjoyable RPG. It took me nearly two years to play this game since it was released back in 2008, 1) because I didn't buy a 360 until recently and 2) because Fable 1 was quite a letdown for me. The characters were fun but the entire world just felt so small and confined, like an MMO that I was beta testing. This game raised the bar in absolutely everything. Story, Gameplay, Characters, Side-quests, and so much more. If you love action RPGs then you absolutely cannot miss out on this game. Expand
  54. Oct 9, 2010
    This game is good, is the combat simplistic, yes but it works more towards the games advantage than against, is the story simple and cliche why yeah, but so are a ton of other games, the world is more open than fable was, the game looks good, it plays well, I like the game. I'm not trying to say it's perfect, but there are no glaring issue that take away from my enjoyment of the game as aThis game is good, is the combat simplistic, yes but it works more towards the games advantage than against, is the story simple and cliche why yeah, but so are a ton of other games, the world is more open than fable was, the game looks good, it plays well, I like the game. I'm not trying to say it's perfect, but there are no glaring issue that take away from my enjoyment of the game as a enjoyable whole. Expand
  55. Sep 6, 2010
    This is a very solid RPG. Especially for a system that has few RPGs. The story is pretty good and the gameplay is fun but some of the quests can get kind of repetitive but this is not a very major problem. The main problem is that there is not much replay value after you beat the main quest. After the game you might spend 2 hours after the game and this is kind of dull for most RPGs. ThisThis is a very solid RPG. Especially for a system that has few RPGs. The story is pretty good and the gameplay is fun but some of the quests can get kind of repetitive but this is not a very major problem. The main problem is that there is not much replay value after you beat the main quest. After the game you might spend 2 hours after the game and this is kind of dull for most RPGs. This doesn't count the DLC which was actually a lot of fun for me. All and all, this is a very solid RPG with a good story, fun missions, and some cool gameplay. Expand
  56. Aug 28, 2010
    IT Is very positive and amaizing roll game. It's let me remember my childhood specialy when i was play with my brother and sister, it's something else.
    I Give this game 10
  57. Aug 17, 2010
    Very boring, short, and shallow. Interactions with npcs and choices are very terrible. You interact with people by farting at them which sounds funny but when thats the only upside to the game its garbage. Magic has no balance because there is one spell that does more damage than all the others at the same cost as the others. The plot could be interesting if it had actual depth and tookVery boring, short, and shallow. Interactions with npcs and choices are very terrible. You interact with people by farting at them which sounds funny but when thats the only upside to the game its garbage. Magic has no balance because there is one spell that does more damage than all the others at the same cost as the others. The plot could be interesting if it had actual depth and took more than a few hours to complete. The game has no challenge unless your goal is to kill yourself which is impossible. Shooting mechanics are atrocious. The multilayer isn't even worth being called a multilayer its more of a tug of war between people for screen control. I gave this game a two because overextending the fart expression and messing it up causes you to crap your pants. -Now that I have an account i'm reposting. Expand
  58. Aug 17, 2010
    once again lionhead studio's fails to deliver . the first fable was a overhyped bunch of lies that was a mediocore game at best . the second is just as bad . the story is very dull and for a RPG its very key to have a story that will draw you in to keep you wanting to push foward. the combat is yet again a dull button masher . navagating the world map just sucks period. your dog which manyonce again lionhead studio's fails to deliver . the first fable was a overhyped bunch of lies that was a mediocore game at best . the second is just as bad . the story is very dull and for a RPG its very key to have a story that will draw you in to keep you wanting to push foward. the combat is yet again a dull button masher . navagating the world map just sucks period. your dog which many of the big critics have said is so loveable and endearing ,fels more like a annoyance. the joy of being evil or good doesnt feel near as fun as what Star Wars KOTR or Fall Out or Elder Scrolls Delivers . it is abit longer then the first one though i couldnt beat it it i got to bored with the story to want to finish it . the co-op is a broken and stupid set up . the only fun i had in this game was buying and selling realestate . just how said is that when in a RPG thats the funnest thing to do. Collapse
  59. DickS
    Jan 23, 2010
    Very boring, short, and shallow. Interactions with npcs and choices are very terrible. You interact with people by farting at them which sounds funny but when thats the only upside to the game its garbage. Magic has no balance because there is one spell that does more damage than all the others at the same cost as the others. The plot could be interesting if it had actual depth and took Very boring, short, and shallow. Interactions with npcs and choices are very terrible. You interact with people by farting at them which sounds funny but when thats the only upside to the game its garbage. Magic has no balance because there is one spell that does more damage than all the others at the same cost as the others. The plot could be interesting if it had actual depth and took more than a few hours to complete. The game has no challenge unless your goal is to kill yourself which is impossible. Shooting mechanics are atrocious. The multilayer isn't even worth being called a multilayer its more of a tug of war between people for screen control. I gave this game a two because overextending the fart expression and messing it up causes you to crap your pants. Expand
  60. NicholasA
    Jan 15, 2010
    This turn out the be a cool game at first but the only down thing about it is that once you are finished, there not much else to do. but this is a really good RPG
  61. SarahR
    Nov 28, 2009
    A very fine game. It has an actual plot (which apperently most games I find don't have) and the graphics are beautiful. Also, I only found 1 bug in it, whenever I get knocked out my hair goes crazy and sometime my head spins, but I find it amusing so, 10.
  62. JayC
    Nov 13, 2009
    For all the expansiveness of the world, it felt like an uninspired sequel. You couldn't retain as ridiculous levels of power, making it less fun, and the only hard fights are the spires. There wasn't a feeling of a boss fight, especially at the end of the game, which robbed me of most of the joy I'd had up to that point. Nonetheless, I was entertained, but not impressed.
  63. NickO
    Oct 25, 2009
    I really wanted to like this game but it's very hard. There are a few good qualities but the bad elements are overwhelming. The economy is kind of the most fun part of the entire game. You can make money and buy houses and businesses to make more money but houses and businesses are all there is to buy. You don't need the money to buy weapons because it's next to impossible I really wanted to like this game but it's very hard. There are a few good qualities but the bad elements are overwhelming. The economy is kind of the most fun part of the entire game. You can make money and buy houses and businesses to make more money but houses and businesses are all there is to buy. You don't need the money to buy weapons because it's next to impossible to die and there is no armor so the monetary system is sort of irrelevant. It's the worst looking RPG on the 360 in my opinion and a lot of the cool concepts and the things that made the first game immersive have been changed or completely removed. It's kind of a slap in the face to hardcore gamers and people who loved the first game like I did. I feel like molyneux tried to make the game accessible to everyone and ruined everything that made the first fable feel so magical. There are some innovative things lionhead tried to do with the multiplayer but they are so poorly implemented they are almost unplayable. In both local and online multiplayer you have to keep both players on the screen so you're both constantly fighting for screen space and it's very irritating. The terrible loot also makes exploring kind of a chore. Why would I want to go all the way through a cave for 20 minutes just to find a health potion or some dye that's a color you can buy for nothing in town? The combat has taken a back seat to social interactions with townfolk. I never had a problem killing anything, even in the pathetic excuse for an arena. I died twice during my playthrough and the first time was to see what would happen. There isn't even a limit to your magic. You can literally stand there and hit the B button to do area damage over and over until your enemies die. Molyneux tried to make an RPG that appeals to everyone and it's very boring and shallow. Highly disappointing. Expand
  64. RonG
    Oct 19, 2009
    This game is great in many ways. However the game is soooo short. It would get a much better score if it took longer than a day to beat. Even with sidequests and achievements it's very very short.
  65. JozefK
    Oct 10, 2009
    I really wanted to like it, but it was frankly a waste of time. The story was shallow, and with the ability to complete pretty much every aspect of the game with little to no-effort... there was little incentive to play. In the original I enjoyed going through the demon doors getting the legendary items, but what's the point when many of the weapons I can get from the stores are I really wanted to like it, but it was frankly a waste of time. The story was shallow, and with the ability to complete pretty much every aspect of the game with little to no-effort... there was little incentive to play. In the original I enjoyed going through the demon doors getting the legendary items, but what's the point when many of the weapons I can get from the stores are better. The main story was completed within some 8 hours with little incentive to play further aside for some slightly 'alternative' endings. Which make no real impact aside from unless you choose to have your dog resurrected (one of the endings) you won't be able to do many of the side quests. It just all feels redundant, especially for those who've played the original fable (which I have to say had significantly more depth). In the original fable it was genuinly fun upgrading my character, and progressing each abilities skill tree. But when you have a definitive 'best' ability, and no challenge within the gameplay itself it has a very 'what's the point in all this' feel, to everything. 800 gamerscore within 1 day of play, at which point it was returned to store. Very disappointing. Expand
  66. AnonymousMC
    Sep 26, 2009
    LULZ THIS GAME SUCKS!!!

LULZ THIS GAME SUCKS!!!

Oh wait, no it doesn't. Who cares if you can't customize your character the same as in the first one? Big fucking deal. So much of the game is amazing: the art style, combat, the story, and more. Sure the dog and other aspects of the game aren't as revelatory as they were supposed to be, but have you come to expect anything else from Peter Molynux? Seriously.
  67. christianb
    Aug 18, 2009
    Love it great game fun humorous Ect, The game is really big..... allot of HUGE games like Fable II, Oblivion, fallout3 Ect, have bugs in them,, well i doubt someone can make a massive game like fable with no bugs!
  68. AshtonJ
    Aug 8, 2009
    This is one of those games I enjoyed so much it hurt to finish. It had a story I loved and gameplay which kept me entertained throughout. One of the best games I have played to date.
  69. EliJ.
    Jul 12, 2009
    this game isnt bad. but then again the combat is complete button smashing and it didn't impress. I also love how edge magazine gives it a 90. I've never seen edge magazine give a ps3 game above an 80. It just goes to show you how biased this site is, especially when it comes to xbox vs. ps3..it makes me laugh.
  70. JohnK
    Jul 2, 2009
    I always find the disparity between critic and user votes interesting, but this this the strangest example of it. The critics usually detract for the most minor drawbacks in the game while die-hard fans usually get past them with ease. That being said, this game was great. I didn't want it to end. Which is why I am surprised the user score is seemingly low.
  71. MarkH
    May 26, 2009
    While Fable 2 offers tons of side quests, it leaves the player feeling like they accomplished very little. It's far too easy to build up a massive real estate empire or get to the higher ratings of jobs and because it's so easy it ends up feeling more like work than fun. The main quest also felt pretty lacking, and while the main characters were entertaining it felt like you While Fable 2 offers tons of side quests, it leaves the player feeling like they accomplished very little. It's far too easy to build up a massive real estate empire or get to the higher ratings of jobs and because it's so easy it ends up feeling more like work than fun. The main quest also felt pretty lacking, and while the main characters were entertaining it felt like you barely got to meet them before the game was over. Overall, Fable 2 has the potential to be really great, but it feels soulless. Expand
  72. GabrielB
    Apr 2, 2009
    I don't understand how these critics could rate Fable 2 so well, considering it's many flaws. I played through it, expecting the same feeling of immersion I got from the first Fable game, only to get a shallow experience that left me asking myself "Is that it?". There were a total of literally five enemies to fight, NPCs were all boring and exactly the same and the treasures I don't understand how these critics could rate Fable 2 so well, considering it's many flaws. I played through it, expecting the same feeling of immersion I got from the first Fable game, only to get a shallow experience that left me asking myself "Is that it?". There were a total of literally five enemies to fight, NPCs were all boring and exactly the same and the treasures were so easy to find I felt no need to go back and look for them. Perhaps the greatest disappointment was the dog, that Peter Molyneaux raved about; it turned out to have a simple AI and no significant purpose. Do not buy this game. Expand
  73. MatthewM
    Mar 30, 2009
    While not terrible, there simply isn't enough to do, most the side quests are completed as the main story progresses and if you miss any early ones out, it appears to become irreversible. While the bugs are less noticable than other titles, there are still several parts of this game that ruin its "open world" feel. As much as you can go back to places you've visited the roads While not terrible, there simply isn't enough to do, most the side quests are completed as the main story progresses and if you miss any early ones out, it appears to become irreversible. While the bugs are less noticable than other titles, there are still several parts of this game that ruin its "open world" feel. As much as you can go back to places you've visited the roads there are all too linear. As much as decision making was hyped up there can be parts of Fable 2 where players aiming for pure good/evil characters are forced to go down an unfavourable route to keep thier traits. i shall admit that the graphics work well with the setting.not really worth playing for those new to the series or genre. fable fans can expect some fun from it but dont get your hopes up on it besting the first game. Fable 2, an average game more light on content than light hearted. 63/100. Expand
  74. ericurena
    Mar 20, 2009
    i really wanted to rate this higher but i can't the game was just not very good. the story line was mediocre at best the battles were way too easy & no final battle to speak of or if there was a final battle, it was so easy that i didn't realize it was a final battle. after waiting so long for the sequel, i have to say what a disappiontment. by the way i was a huge fable one fan
  75. PatrickRoche
    Mar 2, 2009
    Let me begin by saying that this is not necessarily a bad game. I mean the art style is pretty unique, the combat can be fun and it is kinda cool to make your character look like the badasses from "Brotherhood of the Wold" but that is where the praise for this game ends. This game is the definition of the word disappointment. I loved the first Fable and i believe it was a better game thenLet me begin by saying that this is not necessarily a bad game. I mean the art style is pretty unique, the combat can be fun and it is kinda cool to make your character look like the badasses from "Brotherhood of the Wold" but that is where the praise for this game ends. This game is the definition of the word disappointment. I loved the first Fable and i believe it was a better game then this one. Everything we were promised seems superficial in this game. I mean so i can affect the world but only see the actual effects of my actions in certain areas. I can "customize" my character by dressing him in the same ridiculous looking clothing. Oh but wait i can use horrible looking dye to make my character look like a walking banana if i want to. Also why is it that every male character has Buzz Lightyear's chin? I mean my character looked like Jay Leno's brother and it was annoying. As far as influence goes the social system makes me feel like i was a mime trying to flail my arms about as the inhabitants of Albion painfully explained every finite detail to me because my character is incapable of asking questions. The first Fable was an awesome game that gave us great ideas and begged for a sequel to capitalize on the amazing principles of the first game. Unfortunately this is not that sequel. Peter Molyneaux next time you make a game tell us it is going to be a game about monkeys throwing feces so when we get something slightly more impressive we can actually be impressed. Expand
  76. SamJohnson
    Feb 22, 2009
    Too short, offline multiplayer sucked, Too easy, button mashy combat, awkward spell system, the story sucked and the ending was ridiculous. Don't expect an epic final boss battle, unless u count shooting bottles as a boss battle.

Excellent graphics, great customisation, you can own any building at all and plenty of weapons to look out for. overall, very disappointing, Fable

overall, very disappointing, Fable lost chapters is certainly a much better game
  77. HayleyW
    Feb 21, 2009
    I think Fable II is much better than the first! You have the choice to be a woman which makes it so much more interesting, and you have different and new exciting places to explore. I really enjoy it because its so magical and addictive. The new Fable also has more humour, and its great you have new expressions and can access them more easily. I think it was a really good idea that theyI think Fable II is much better than the first! You have the choice to be a woman which makes it so much more interesting, and you have different and new exciting places to explore. I really enjoy it because its so magical and addictive. The new Fable also has more humour, and its great you have new expressions and can access them more easily. I think it was a really good idea that they added in long-term quests like the Gargoyles, it gives you a great experience and makes you really enjoy it. Expand
  78. MikeChambers
    Feb 15, 2009
    I was pleasantly surprised by both the number of user reviews and the overall average review score of these users. It is a far more accurate representation of this game's quality than the one given by official publications, and inline with not only my own opinion but that of everyone I know who has played it.
    Never has a game, in thirty years of playing them, left me feeling more
    Never has a game, in thirty years of playing them, left me feeling more disappointed than this one. It could and should have been great, especially seeing as it is more Fable 1.5 than a true successor. Where was all that development time spent?
    Play Fable The Lost Chapters instead, and have a much better time doing so!
  79. SteveK
    Feb 11, 2009
    The most disappointing game I've played in a long, long time. In truth, not a terrible game, but it is certainly not very good. Sure there is a lot to do, but it is the very definition of "much ado about nothing." Who cares that I can make millions of fake dollars if there is nothing truly epic to buy? Who cares that the world is free-roaming? What's the point? What is the point The most disappointing game I've played in a long, long time. In truth, not a terrible game, but it is certainly not very good. Sure there is a lot to do, but it is the very definition of "much ado about nothing." Who cares that I can make millions of fake dollars if there is nothing truly epic to buy? Who cares that the world is free-roaming? What's the point? What is the point of the social system? Everything is way too easy with no pay-off. Even combat is a joke because there is NO consequence to dying. ZERO. I mean, you respawn instantly from where you fell. And for a 360 game, this game is very ugly. The characters look absolutely hideous, it is inexcuseable. Plus, why is there no armor in this game? Have you people ever played a RPG before???? Instead, I can wear a "gentlemen's coat" while fighting that makes me 5% more attractive in a game where I can easily make anyone fall in love with me in no time, coat or not. (And the clothes are of course, absolutely hideous). Not that it matters. The game feels like one long, boring chore. The original Fable had its flaws, mostly because it was too short and the plot seemed to be mostly an after-thought, but that game had an "edge" to it. It was exciting, mystical, and engrossing. This game seems to have lost any sort of magic that the first game had. Peter Molyneaux should really rethink this whole game-making thing. Overall, this game is a massive disappointment. Expand
  80. AustinM.
    Feb 4, 2009
    This is decidingly the best game i have bought in a lllooonnnngggggg time. Even after you beat the main story, you do extra missions and scout for legendary weapons in the gaming universe that you could kill peasants and hobbes with, and you can have t********s with w*****, and get an achievement for it. At first is a little slower than it should be, it being dragged down by doing the This is decidingly the best game i have bought in a lllooonnnngggggg time. Even after you beat the main story, you do extra missions and scout for legendary weapons in the gaming universe that you could kill peasants and hobbes with, and you can have t********s with w*****, and get an achievement for it. At first is a little slower than it should be, it being dragged down by doing the childhood quest. But, the achievements are the most funny and inventive that have ever been made. Expand
  81. BenD
    Feb 2, 2009
    A good solid game, i enjoyed playing this a lot!! loads of lush weapons to collect a stuff, but the ending was weak and the choices and the end spoilt it. Its too easy to make money and why did they take out armor from the last one???? clearly the best thing about the last one was saving up to get the lushest armor possible. Oh well i ll probably still play it even though i own everything A good solid game, i enjoyed playing this a lot!! loads of lush weapons to collect a stuff, but the ending was weak and the choices and the end spoilt it. Its too easy to make money and why did they take out armor from the last one???? clearly the best thing about the last one was saving up to get the lushest armor possible. Oh well i ll probably still play it even though i own everything in the game. Expand
  82. charliespencer
    Feb 1, 2009
    rrrraaaaagh im so pissed off wth this game. apparently theyve covered everything and its so big and all this but i cnt even go through the first portal! why??? cos it keeps crashing im being genrous with a 1 and im takin it bk asap good job i kept the recipt. and my m8 has a full ring of death from it! *sigh* thats my little rant and rave
  83. NickM
    Feb 1, 2009
    A fantastically immersive game with a ridiculously broad scope. Aside minor control issues and a few minor bugs, I found my main criticism was that the game wasn't even bigger, unfair but illustrative of the huge potential this well crafted universe has. Fable 3 is definitely one to watch.
  84. AnonymousMC
    Jan 25, 2009
    Honestly, I was not terribly impressed with Fable I, but Fable II is definitely an improvement over the original in just about every way. It's simply one of those titles that you play the **** out of until you're bored and feel like underrating it just because it's gotten old to you. I guess I'm less impulsive than some of the other reviewers. Yeah, I guess itHonestly, I was not terribly impressed with Fable I, but Fable II is definitely an improvement over the original in just about every way. It's simply one of those titles that you play the **** out of until you're bored and feel like underrating it just because it's gotten old to you. I guess I'm less impulsive than some of the other reviewers. Yeah, I guess it wasn't the brightest RPG of '07 (that would've been fallout 3), but it wasn't the dimmest either. Expand
  85. johno
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fable 2 is a great game. the only flaws that I can find is that the main storyline is a little short; surely lionhead could have made it a little longer? if you like to have challenge in your games, leave this and pick up a copy of far cry 2 instead, but the excellent thing fable 2 does is it makes it appear that there is a challenge, even when closer inspection reveals there isn't. Fable 2 is a great game. the only flaws that I can find is that the main storyline is a little short; surely lionhead could have made it a little longer? if you like to have challenge in your games, leave this and pick up a copy of far cry 2 instead, but the excellent thing fable 2 does is it makes it appear that there is a challenge, even when closer inspection reveals there isn't. this game comes highly recommended, as the gameplay and the combat feels fluid, impressive and fun at the same time. Expand
  86. CeeJ
    Jan 17, 2009
    This game is really not all it is cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong, its a pretty good game. Its just not great. The game is short, the controls are at times awkward, the menu and map system also very clumsy and awkward. It is ridiculously easy and unsatisfying. This game does not contain the "open world" that it claims. For a very good RPG see Oblivion or Fallout 3.
  87. ChrisW
    Jan 5, 2009
    Gorgeous looking game with great soundtrack, but it quickly grows tedious. It's basically "Animal Crossing" for grownups who like RPG fantasy games. Or it's "Oblivion" with all the really detailed stuff that makes that game so impressive removed or dumbed down. And it's sooooo easy that I found myself growing bored because there was never any real threat of *anything* Gorgeous looking game with great soundtrack, but it quickly grows tedious. It's basically "Animal Crossing" for grownups who like RPG fantasy games. Or it's "Oblivion" with all the really detailed stuff that makes that game so impressive removed or dumbed down. And it's sooooo easy that I found myself growing bored because there was never any real threat of *anything* happening. Even the good/evil choices are presented in such a morally neutral way that you don't feel good or bad as a player when you make a decision. I enjoyed it enough to play it through to the end (mainly because of the pretty eye candy), but I was left feeling distinctly unimpressed, and a little annoyed that it wasn't a smarter game. Wish I had rented instead of bought it. Expand
  88. MikeM
    Jan 2, 2009
    This was (and still is) one of the best games I have ever played. The overall storyline is short, but sweet and satisfying to play. But what you do when you aren't playing the storyline is what separates this game from the rest. You can have a family and job and live a good life or you could sleep with hookers and kill for a living; either way, this game is very enjoyable. If you This was (and still is) one of the best games I have ever played. The overall storyline is short, but sweet and satisfying to play. But what you do when you aren't playing the storyline is what separates this game from the rest. You can have a family and job and live a good life or you could sleep with hookers and kill for a living; either way, this game is very enjoyable. If you choose to be evil and corrupt you will become dark and grow horns. If you are good and pure you will likewise look extremely attractive. You also get money (if you rent out) for every 5 minutes of real time, that means you are making money while you sleep, this makes the game a lot easier, but it also unlocks doors, such as buying homes and stores to make a living. Buy this game and choose your destiny. Expand
  89. RO
    Jan 2, 2009
    Unfortunately the game was _way_ to easy and the I found all these gestures pretty boring, useless, and off-topic. I regret the fact that i spent money on it. The gaming industry reached the point where they focus too much on the millions of casual gamers with attention span of half an hour before they get attracted to something else.
  90. StevenH
    Jan 2, 2009
    Well, first of all.... The game started off pretty welcoming, I was expecting alot more from Fable 1, but... I kinda expected the short story line, so that did not bother me. What did dissapoint me, was lack in armor, and the 1 second lag whenever you try to perform an action. Also the D-pad menu bar doesn't stay up, like in Fable 1. The dog is pretty cool, but makes findingWell, first of all.... The game started off pretty welcoming, I was expecting alot more from Fable 1, but... I kinda expected the short story line, so that did not bother me. What did dissapoint me, was lack in armor, and the 1 second lag whenever you try to perform an action. Also the D-pad menu bar doesn't stay up, like in Fable 1. The dog is pretty cool, but makes finding treasures very very easy. The impossibility to truly die on the game makes it tooo easy of a game. Plus, you can kill like 209742974 enemies easy. I like how you can turn safe mode on and off, that keeps you from messing up too much in town. There isn't a very big spell list on the game, and You can only use 1 spell at a time, because it takes too long to switch spells. Easy to fall in love/marry. Too easy, I thought the adult content to it was kinda funny, condoms? lol... but there could of been alot of work added to it. Found some glitches, like little kids talking, about the same thing... over, and over, and over.... Not very new monsters... I do like how your decisions change everything in the future for you. It isn't fun going to the menu every second for something, (the hotkey function in Fable1 isn't on this one for the D-pad use) kinda a pain in the .... I wish the dog would like, attack things, instead of bark. The co-op should of let the other player play as a real character rather then a henchman. There were less melee weapons this time, and no great sword either. Money is too easy to get. The leveling in abilities was kinda rediculous tho, first you get 1 level of a spell for 600, then later 2300, then later 12000? kinda a big jump eh? You will beat the game before your max in power, but you don't really need all that power to beat the game tho. (cuse you never really die) I was expecting a 9/10 with this game, but was dissapointed in a way. People rating this 10/10 must be crazy, and these people rating under 4 must be children with no sense. As much as I want to give this game a 10, it just isn't a 10 rating game. Hoping for a Fable 3 though, with... improvements due to everyone's responses... Also one more thing, the territory isn't very vast, and you really can't travel everywhere too much. I love the ability to jump off some ledges, but can't we get the ability to jump when we want? lol... hard to find RPGs where you can simply... jump... even kids jump. More monsters, less lagg, more armor, more weapons, more spells, more landscape to travel, more difficulty, more story, better co-op. Thanks! Expand
  91. CraigR
    Dec 31, 2008
    this game has its good and bad points the dog idea was executed brilliantly as was the soundtrack and combat but it was to short and left me feeling a bit lied to its not as satasfiying to complete the main storyline as i would have hoped making money is far to easy you can make way to much money far to fast it takes no time to get any sum of money if your renting out enough proporties this game has its good and bad points the dog idea was executed brilliantly as was the soundtrack and combat but it was to short and left me feeling a bit lied to its not as satasfiying to complete the main storyline as i would have hoped making money is far to easy you can make way to much money far to fast it takes no time to get any sum of money if your renting out enough proporties and just in general it doesnt feel like the expansive ever changing world promised with only a few bits of the story actually having any noticable change on the world you inhabit Expand
  92. MikeFromPA
    Dec 30, 2008
    Pros: Beautiful landscapes, co-op play, no level grinding needed, nice story, brilliant interacting abilities with townfolks. Nice combination of several genres of gaming. Gameplay suits folks of many different play levels and styles. I enjoyed a game that is finally catering to the older gamer. Cons: would have like to see more quests instead of jobs for gold. Jobs themselves are silly, Pros: Beautiful landscapes, co-op play, no level grinding needed, nice story, brilliant interacting abilities with townfolks. Nice combination of several genres of gaming. Gameplay suits folks of many different play levels and styles. I enjoyed a game that is finally catering to the older gamer. Cons: would have like to see more quests instead of jobs for gold. Jobs themselves are silly, pushing a button over and over again is mind-numbing. While the golden trail to follow was helpful in the beginning, an option to turn it off would be nice. The areas felt confined, with many limited to a set path--I've been spoiled by more recent RPGs and MMOs. Recommended overall, very good game. Expand
  93. ShawnK
    Dec 23, 2008
    The first fable was way better but I think it still should be a must have for all xbox 360 owners. The graphics are awesome it is fun to play and I like how the people in the game react to your character. It could have had more regions like fable 1 and the map system could have been a lot better. They also should have never released it with all the glitches but it still is a great game The first fable was way better but I think it still should be a must have for all xbox 360 owners. The graphics are awesome it is fun to play and I like how the people in the game react to your character. It could have had more regions like fable 1 and the map system could have been a lot better. They also should have never released it with all the glitches but it still is a great game anyway. I really hope that lionhead makes a fable 3 but if they in fact do they should really concentrate on it a lot more and go back to more of the concepts from fable 1. Expand
  94. GarrettS.
    Dec 20, 2008
    This is a grat game. Don't listen to the other reviewers that gave it a low score. Those reviewers probably haven't even played the game or there just angry because it isn't on the PS3. This game is what Peter Molyneux promised in the first game and more.
  95. KristopherS.
    Dec 16, 2008
    Game is pretty and delivers on the awe inspiring. Game lacks in depth even though it is supposed to be based on depth. The characters I did not connect with. The idea behind good and bad is not blurred but very distinct and way to predictable. The major issues with this game are the many many many bugs and glitchs. I have experienced at lest 5 separate bugs and one game ending glitch, Game is pretty and delivers on the awe inspiring. Game lacks in depth even though it is supposed to be based on depth. The characters I did not connect with. The idea behind good and bad is not blurred but very distinct and way to predictable. The major issues with this game are the many many many bugs and glitchs. I have experienced at lest 5 separate bugs and one game ending glitch, Brightwoods Freezing issue. This game failed to deliver on promises as is the pattern we see from thed developer, Lionhead. there must have been some tremendous marketing by the boys at Microsoft and Lionhead to get the reviews and teh GOtY from G4. This game is an epic failure in my opinion. Hop-efully they fix the issues with the game and offer some kind of patch that delivers on the promises made by Peter M. Expand
  96. Erikheidt
    Dec 10, 2008
    I reallt enjoyed fable but the thing is I was very upset that it wasnt open world such as oblivian and fall 3. I liked the three wishes choice ,because that made me want to play it 3 different times and try each one. The thing is this made me eally want to play Fable: Lost chapters veery badly.
  97. RyanS
    Dec 7, 2008
    Fable 2 is a very fun game to play. It felt a lot like the first Fable in some ways. The problem with Fable 2 is that I expected so much more and all they gave me was a game that was too easy and too much adult content. I borrowed this game for 1 week and just about got every achievement in 5 days. I know there was more rare items to find but the game just felt unplayable and boring after Fable 2 is a very fun game to play. It felt a lot like the first Fable in some ways. The problem with Fable 2 is that I expected so much more and all they gave me was a game that was too easy and too much adult content. I borrowed this game for 1 week and just about got every achievement in 5 days. I know there was more rare items to find but the game just felt unplayable and boring after the main quest finished. The best part about this game is that on xbox live you can see orbs of other players even not on your friends list. This is very helpful as players can give gifts to each other but the only bad thing is that its a gift giving system not a trading system. So what happens is you give something to another player such as a rare item in return for something else rare and they just log off and you loose your items. So in conclusion this game can be fun at times but it is lacking. Expand
  98. AGamer
    Dec 6, 2008
    This was an awesome game, honestly I had no problems with this game. Some people might not like a Game like this(it's not as serious as some), but I had no problems with that either, so A Must-Buy for any Un-Serious Gamer.
  99. JackC.
    Dec 2, 2008
    Before this game came out, I was ready to rate it a 10 no question asked, based on the hype and the game play previews that I had seen. However, after playing this game my views have changed substantially. Yes this game has a LOT of good things about it, brilliantly implemented design techniques such as the dog and the way you socially interact with the villagers and not to mention a Before this game came out, I was ready to rate it a 10 no question asked, based on the hype and the game play previews that I had seen. However, after playing this game my views have changed substantially. Yes this game has a LOT of good things about it, brilliantly implemented design techniques such as the dog and the way you socially interact with the villagers and not to mention a soundtrack that will blow away any other rival rpg soundtrack (keep it coming Danny and Russell). However, the world just doesn't feel the same as the first fable, maybe because it is 500 years down the track but I think that's not the main reason. Combat is extremely satisfying, however after a short while, every battle just seems to be a pointless struggle for experience, which you don't need. It isn't challenging enough while trying to kill the mobs and even the boss' are a blow over. It's a game that gives the player endless opportunities to do many different things, however too many of these things are optional, some only offering an emotional reward, 'love', Maybe Fable 3 will be different, I just hope that it isn't again, 500 years down the track maybe push it back 1000 years, that would be interesting. Expand
  100. ChrissyT
    Dec 2, 2008
    About 2 weeks ago I rated the game a 6, having only put a few hours into it and not feeling very compelled to continue playing.
    Yesterday I decided to continue playing. After playing what feels like only 1/3 through the game, I was treated to the end credits. I had heard about the '10 hours main quest' but to me it feels more like 5-7 hours. Seeing how the walkthroughs on gamefaqs cover the main story in only a few pages, I was forced to accept that this indeed was all there is to Fable 2. I think you can count the total number of maps on 2 hands. Yes the location maps are quite big but there ant nearly as much of them as in Fable 1, and they are still mostly good looking but 'empty' environments.
    You can still continue playing the side quests, but there arent'y really a lot of those either, and most of them are rather short.
    So unless you fancy running around and digging for treasure or trying to get a truckload of wives or real estate which is all rather pointless, this game is not worth your money. Rent or buy used.
  101. Aug 17, 2010

1. Fable II is everything Molyneux promised the first time around. It's funny, deep, emotional, epic, and, yes, wildly charming. We are already eager for a second playthrough, and we're betting a lot of you will have exactly the same reaction. [Dec 2008, p.68]
  2. It’s a game that builds gradually and then becomes irresistible, a beautiful lump of an RPG that continues beyond the close of its main campaign, and will have you thinking about it when you’re not at your 360. [Dec 2008, p.79]
  3. The combat handles well, it’s visually stunning, the voice acting and musical score are brilliant, and the epic storyline doesn’t end before it begins (like the first game did). But the most appealing thing about it is that it delivers everything that Molyneux has promised, plus it is oozing with wit and charm - something sorely lacking from many games nowadays. At the end of the day, Fable II is a triumph and a must buy.