6.6

1. May 6, 2011
    This game i felt was very poor. Felt far too much like fable 2. The upgrade system was a shambles and combat shockingly bad. Running about holding little girls hands isnt my idea of a good rpg game. The only saving grace and reason why this game did not score lower is because the graphics where exceptional. In my view your not missing much here.
  2. T-A
    Jun 18, 2011
    Fable III is a major letdown for fans of the series. Despite new, seamless inventory and traveling systems, the game lacks the wonder, challenge, and exploration of its predecessors. The plot at first seems very promising and epic, but Molyneuxâ
  3. Jul 5, 2011
    In my opinion, Fable 3 is a game with a good story, and great game play. The world of Albion is not that open ended, but the game play is fun, with a great variety of guns and spells that are fun to use. So if you are looking for a fun game, pick up Fable 3.
  4. Jul 31, 2012
    Fable 3 is definitely one of the worst games I've ever played. Its combat is broken and horrible. Its "moral choices" are so ridiculously simplistic that they have to add a random third act to justify them. Gameplay as a king is horribly restricted. Sidequests are thrusted upon you. A deadline you have to reach comes at you with no warning. The world is bare and the peoples are walkingFable 3 is definitely one of the worst games I've ever played. Its combat is broken and horrible. Its "moral choices" are so ridiculously simplistic that they have to add a random third act to justify them. Gameplay as a king is horribly restricted. Sidequests are thrusted upon you. A deadline you have to reach comes at you with no warning. The world is bare and the peoples are walking clones. There's so many things I despise about this game I can't even keep count. Expand
  5. Dec 11, 2012
    Simply put Fable 3 is Fable 2 but watered down and without the charm. Additions which have been made are silly and only make the game more cumbersome, and overall it's weaker all-round and has obviously been crafted with about as much love and care as a tin full of spam. A production-line cash-in if ever I saw one, and although the differences between this and Fable 2 aren't that massive,Simply put Fable 3 is Fable 2 but watered down and without the charm. Additions which have been made are silly and only make the game more cumbersome, and overall it's weaker all-round and has obviously been crafted with about as much love and care as a tin full of spam. A production-line cash-in if ever I saw one, and although the differences between this and Fable 2 aren't that massive, the overall gulf in class and gaming enjoyment is. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Expand
  6. Oct 14, 2011
    Fable III is a simple game for small children. If you
  7. Oct 15, 2011
    i love fable games the first one and second one was really amazing but fable 3 is a wasted of time and money the story line is plane and really short you can end the main story in one weekend.
  8. Nov 6, 2011
    Fable III is a very good game, however it i a step back from the greatness of Fable II. The story is great and deals with issues like revolutions, ethics and class struggle in a way that is offbeat and humorous. Some of the characters are great, but there are some stinkers too (like the one you get to play). Combat is smooth and the acrobatic finishers are brutally entertaining.Fable III is a very good game, however it i a step back from the greatness of Fable II. The story is great and deals with issues like revolutions, ethics and class struggle in a way that is offbeat and humorous. Some of the characters are great, but there are some stinkers too (like the one you get to play). Combat is smooth and the acrobatic finishers are brutally entertaining. However, I have a bone to pick with the lack of weapon variety and the lack of a convention save system and inventory. NPC interactions have also been dumbed down. I won't give away the ending, but it really, really sucked. Overall this is a good game, but one that made me want to play Fable II in lieu of playing through it a second time. Expand
  9. Feb 8, 2013
    An absolute tragedy. A shadow of the original, this is just BAD. Easy, Short, TERRIBLE DESIGN, TERRIBLE CUSTOMIZATION, AWFUL STORY, AGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I was a HUGE fan of the original, but this in not anything like the first. Just BAD. BAD BAD BAD. I'm sorry, but just save your money, no matter how cheap it becomes.
  10. Nov 9, 2011
    This game was a lot better then the second one was in my opinion. I am glad that I took the time to play through this one. I was happy to see it revamped a little and a lot more fun to play.
  11. Apr 29, 2012
    Allow me to preface my comments by saying that I never had the opportunity to play the original Fable, but found Fable II to be one of the best RPGs I've ever played. With that in mind, I'm going to respectfully disagree with many of the reviewers here and say that I found Fable III to be an excellent piece of work and quite worthy of the Fable series name. It was an enjoyable storylineAllow me to preface my comments by saying that I never had the opportunity to play the original Fable, but found Fable II to be one of the best RPGs I've ever played. With that in mind, I'm going to respectfully disagree with many of the reviewers here and say that I found Fable III to be an excellent piece of work and quite worthy of the Fable series name. It was an enjoyable storyline and had adequate RPG elements to it. While I'd like to break the analysis down to clear pros and cons, it's impossible; the two are inextricably linked. For example: the inventory system has been extremely simplified and streamlined. In a way, this is handy in that it keeps you out of the annoying shuffling-through-lists inventory management and hunting through your virtual pack for the whatsit you want, but at the same time, limits your options. You are limited in carrying only one food items, severely limiting flexibility and planning. On the flipside, the replacement of the extremely clunky inventory list of F-II with the Sanctuary system in F-III was ingenious and a vast improvement. It replaced a menu that made you curse with a segmented character management zone with a cool character voiced by John Cleese as a bonus. Voice acting was, in my estimation, very good. Writing was adequate, though the plot could have used more polish, particularly after the midpoint. Frankly, the second half of the game did feel a little thin, and the only excuse for that is lack of either time or inclination on the part of the developer; if you're the king (which even according to the game jacket is your goal), then you should have more than a half dozen or so decisions to make -- which would've been a major improvement. Yes, the combat and experience system was simplified, but I'll count that as a bonus; by replacing the segmented strength/skill/will system of F-II with the buy-your-bonuses system presented by F-III's Road to Rule character progression system, it allows the player to use a more flexible play style, switching from one combat style during the early-game weak phase to a more combined arms strategy after progressing. Overall, I rank Fable III among my most favorite games without reservation and, particularly now that the price has fallen, is worth any RPG'ers time and shelf space. Enjoy it! Expand
  12. Nov 29, 2011
    It looks a lot better and there are a lot less bugs and glitches in this game as well. However lame and repetitive mission objectives as well as simple combat and poor moral choices that dont change much in the game makes it another disapointing addition to the franchise.
  13. Aug 8, 2014
    Bugged? I loved Fable 1 and 2, so was really looking forward to Fable 3 and jumped at it when it appeared on XBL sale for £5 (I think). But fable 3 is one of those 'one save' games. No going back. So, towards the end game, encountering what I think was a game killing bug was a bit of a downer. In the second phase of the game, you have 'a year' in game time to prepare your kingdom for theBugged? I loved Fable 1 and 2, so was really looking forward to Fable 3 and jumped at it when it appeared on XBL sale for £5 (I think). But fable 3 is one of those 'one save' games. No going back. So, towards the end game, encountering what I think was a game killing bug was a bit of a downer. In the second phase of the game, you have 'a year' in game time to prepare your kingdom for the climactic battle. I was happily preparing my defences, with the game 'countdown timer' telling me I had 180+ days remaining - then bingo, straight to the the end battle. I 'won' the battle but lost pretty much all my kingdom in the process because my kindoms 'battle chest was in my pocket rather than the castle' and in game terms I was woefuly underprepared. Mechanically I guess it doesn't matter, because I 'won' the game, but psychologically its a real downer particularly with no 'second chance save game'. Expand
  14. Apr 15, 2012
    This is a simple and short game alright. The combat system is rather boring, for magic is what you only need throughout the game. The conversations and quests are interesting, I love their humour in their jokes. If you are hardcore rpg gamer, this game might not for you, for the design is really simple, casual. If you are looking for simple gameplay and story-telling, yes.
  15. Feb 7, 2012
    Peter did it again. He promised something and it didn't live up to expectations. By this point, it's safe to say that we as gamers are partially responsible for buying his over promised games. Fable III isn't a bad game by any stretch, but it isn't a great game either. The combat is fun, though there's not a lot of customization. The story is pretty poor compared to other entries, andPeter did it again. He promised something and it didn't live up to expectations. By this point, it's safe to say that we as gamers are partially responsible for buying his over promised games. Fable III isn't a bad game by any stretch, but it isn't a great game either. The combat is fun, though there's not a lot of customization. The story is pretty poor compared to other entries, and the morality system is replaced by more of a political system. What drove me mad though was the fact that after putting in many hours to the game, my save became corrupted. I didn't factor that into the score but it's worth mentioning since I'm not the only one experiencing it. Expand
  16. Oct 13, 2013
    I don't know i'm meant to be sad when a character dies since all you basically do in this game is fart in people's faces. The only improvements from Fable II is the graphics and co-op. Apart from that, nothing was improved.
  17. Mar 20, 2012
    Fable 3 is fun and offers some nice quests and a nice story where your choices actually matter, but the game is short, I only spent around 7 hours on my first playthrough. Of course I could have spent more if I had done all the side quests, but I don't think there's a lot more than 20 hours in the game. What's in there is good, but the game is way too easy and far too forgiving which ruinsFable 3 is fun and offers some nice quests and a nice story where your choices actually matter, but the game is short, I only spent around 7 hours on my first playthrough. Of course I could have spent more if I had done all the side quests, but I don't think there's a lot more than 20 hours in the game. What's in there is good, but the game is way too easy and far too forgiving which ruins the experience a lot. Still, it's a good game, and the multiplayer is nice. Expand
  18. Apr 2, 2012
    Don't get me wrong, I love this game. I still think the first Fable was BY FAR the best of the three, and I think Fable 3, made many improvements over Fable 2. What I don't love is the glitches. This game was released broken, and the biggest of fans who paid full price for it lost that money they spent on it. It is true the game was dumbed down from previous entries, but it still remainsDon't get me wrong, I love this game. I still think the first Fable was BY FAR the best of the three, and I think Fable 3, made many improvements over Fable 2. What I don't love is the glitches. This game was released broken, and the biggest of fans who paid full price for it lost that money they spent on it. It is true the game was dumbed down from previous entries, but it still remains fun and most of all, funny. But maintenance and support are part of the overall package and should therefore be included in the score of the game and that is why I gave it such a low score. If you contact Lionshead Studios, they WILL NOT reply when you have a game-ending bug. In contrast, if you contact a company like Activision, your issue will be resolved promptly. With better support, this game should receive a 7. Now, most people will make it from beginning to end without a glitch, but Lionshead should not be exempt from the same support that most people expect out of any software they purchase. When you pay $60+ for software, you expect it to work. When it doesn't, you expect it to be corrected. My recommendation: Buy it cheap because if it glitches, you are out that money. Expand
  19. Apr 10, 2012
    Peter Molyneux has done the same thing many times. He had promised a lot of things for fable 1 & fable 2, he didn't keep his promise; he has done the same thing for fable 3. Although I'm really upset with Molyneux, I must say that fable 3 is a good game: really fun, a big world to explore, wonderful music and interesting main quest. You will enjoy playing it.
  20. Mar 21, 2014
    Lionhead has given us a shell of a game that is a major downgrade in every way from it's predecessors. It has a grainier lower quality look, it has had all RPG elements stripped out of it, and it's environments and people are bland and unintersting. The magic system is one dimensional, the weapon selection is laughable, and the road to riches really did make me feel like Disney had aLionhead has given us a shell of a game that is a major downgrade in every way from it's predecessors. It has a grainier lower quality look, it has had all RPG elements stripped out of it, and it's environments and people are bland and unintersting. The magic system is one dimensional, the weapon selection is laughable, and the road to riches really did make me feel like Disney had a hand in this game's development. Having the hardest decision to make in the game occur in the opening tells you how poorly this game was thought out. How can they make a game this thin for 360, I would barely have accepted this game on regular xbox, never mind a next gen system.

The only redeeming quality to this game is another very well executed storyline that keeps you going until the end.

I received this for free and still felt like I may have overpaid.
  21. Aug 3, 2012
    Played for around 35 hours, finished the main quest, the storyline, and finished up a few quests. If you liked Fable 2 you'll like Fable 3.

The graphics really show the console's age, and are unimpressive next to any current PC games. But they serve their purpose, every territory has a unique look and feel to it, and is a pleasure to wander through and explore. The music is

The music is incredible, I think that's what makes Fable games feel so immersive.

Combat is pretty easy once you figure it out, although still very satisfying. I enjoyed killing things in Fable 3 more than in Fable 2. The biggest challenge you'll face is the camera system, when you kill a lot of bad guys the camera moves around and goes in slow motion.

The characters and stories are interesting, and the whole game is filled with the developer's humor.
  22. May 11, 2012
    the more I played this game, the more I started to dislike it. There are a lot of bugs in this game, such as the golden trail not working properly or not showing up at all. The dog can get confused or doesn't keep up with you.
    Lionhead takes a few steps forward with this game from Fable 2, but it also feels like they take a few steps back.
  23. May 13, 2012
    Okay, to describe fable as a series is that it's that bridge between jrpg's and normal ones. The game has a unique art style that i love about fable. The combat is easy and accessible. The issue: TOO EASY!. I had 4 characters never died once. You also can't lose if you cast spells. However, combining two spells is the coolest thing i have ever seen in my life. The story is cool at first,Okay, to describe fable as a series is that it's that bridge between jrpg's and normal ones. The game has a unique art style that i love about fable. The combat is easy and accessible. The issue: TOO EASY!. I had 4 characters never died once. You also can't lose if you cast spells. However, combining two spells is the coolest thing i have ever seen in my life. The story is cool at first, but then turns really slow, then picks up. Then slows down...this kind of roller coaster is something I've grown familiar with since fable 2. I found myself having more fun making choices as king then fighting. As always morality is what fable is about and there are little to no visual changes in your characters alignment. THAT WAS MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT FABLE 2. Overall, good game but disappointing. Expand
  24. Jul 3, 2012
    An abysmal mess of a game that has threatened to derail what was once a successful franchise. Fable 3 takes everything good about the RPG classic and dumbs those elements down into a game which is as stupid as it is short.

The gameplay is awful - melee combat is completely broken; you simply shoot people in the face for the whole five hours of actual gameplay you'll have in this game. Yes, five hours. An epic RPG experience this is not. You'll maybe play ten hours in total, but half of that will be load screens and following a golden breadcrumb trail to your next location. The storyline absolutely dies after the first half an hour. Within three hours you simply don't care.

The maps suck, the characters suck, even the trademark Fable humour just sucks in this instalment. The dog you have is utterly, utterly pointless. The game crashes once every few hours. Even the inventory system is an absolute ballache. But the most disappointing thing about Fable? It's how it squandered so, so much promise. I could forgive this title if it was from some fledgling company with up and coming staff. I could make a claim that the intent was there but the execution was way off. I couldn't recommend the game, but at least I'd have some encouraging words for their next effort.

But this is Lionhead - you simply expect better. Not only have they not improved on Fable 2 with this sequel, they've smashed the franchise with a hammer.

It's such a shame. As a big RPG fan and a big fan of the potential of Fable, I was watching this series progress with interest. After this, I'm dreading Fable 4. 3/10, and the end of an RPG era in my eyes, as resurrecting this franchise would seem to be as implausible as the plot of Pet Cemetery at this point.
  25. Jul 17, 2013
    Despite having some great ideas, it is too simple and a game-breaking bug stopped me from going any further but what I played I had fun with. Sooooo I thought it was decent
  26. Sep 3, 2012
    What a letdown. They spend the entire second half of the game building up to this huge event that is supposed to be almost impossible to survive, then when you get to it there is no challenge whatsoever. Other than that the game is fun for the 12 hours that it lasts, and there is plenty of mediocre content if you want to keep going. But it is excessively glitchy- not polished at all.What a letdown. They spend the entire second half of the game building up to this huge event that is supposed to be almost impossible to survive, then when you get to it there is no challenge whatsoever. Other than that the game is fun for the 12 hours that it lasts, and there is plenty of mediocre content if you want to keep going. But it is excessively glitchy- not polished at all. One time I had to reset the game because it would not let me go through a door that I had to go through to proceed. Luckily it worked after I reloaded. I have no idea why Molyneaux is so proud of himself. This game is a definite step down from Fable 2. Expand
  27. Nov 23, 2012
    Its a good RPG game, I personally found it boring. Had more fun playing fable 2. If you like RPGs and you like fable 2. I would recommend it, but I think they took a step backwords with this game.
  28. Nov 23, 2012
    Very disappointed by this game, compared to the others it seems like a giant step down.
    The story is EXTREMELY short, the is no visuals for whether you choose to be good or evil other then when you perform only one ability which you almost never use.
    Having to load up a map every time you want to access the "menu" is so annoying, you have to actually consider whether it's worth the time and trouble or should you just skip what you wanted to do.

Overall if you find this game on sale for about $5 or less it might give you a few hours of enjoyment but will be quickly shelved and forgotten.
  29. Jan 2, 2014
    The only thing that this game has to offer is the graphics.This game is full of loading screens,poor animation execution,It is also TOO EASY and this makes the game BORING,you can kill all the enemies using the same tactics.
    They've killed Fable franchise,this game sucks and these people saying that this game is awesome are just BRAINLESS FOOLS
  30. Apr 19, 2013
    This game was such a let down for me. Moleneux promised so much and delivered only an echo of what he said.

The game itself is pretty good and is technically a huge improvement on the last game. But also, doesn't do too much new. The "landlord" approach to maintaining your kingdom is fun at first but gets extremely tedious the deeper in you get. The social aspect and the ability to join other games is also pretty fun. Clothing and tattoo seem totally pointless as they don't offer any real benefits or perks, not to mention most of the costumes are just stupid. I did like the evolving weapon idea. I found it curious how much attention they gave to making your main weapon unique and evolve based on your play style, yet put a ton of other weapons in the game that are far better. Your companion (dog) this time around seems more tacked on. Serving little purpose within the main narrative.

Overall:
    Fable 3 is, on its own, a great game. But from all the hype and what we know Lionhead is capable of, it should have been allot better. Fable 3 is a disappointment that suffers from lack of innovation. I really hope that Lionhead have learned from this and improve for the next game.
  31. Dec 30, 2012
    What a piece of garbage. That's several wasted hours of my life, I can't get back. Really enjoyed the first to, couldn't be more disappointed, angered, and frustrated with the third one If I was paid to be so.
  32. Jan 9, 2013
    Fable 3 has its good points and bad points, my own option on the game. Is that getting to be good or evil is always decent when playing a game getting to choice what you do in the game. The storyline was alright (could of been longer) I wouldn
  33. Jan 28, 2013
    I didn't find the story line or characters very compelling, though the gameplay was fun--especially using ranged weapons such as rifles and pistols in combat. The most enjoyable component, for me, was the local co-op. Being able to grab a friend and go questing together was a blast.
  34. Aug 29, 2013
    An average RPG, and a bad Fable game, Fable III aims to do much but achieves little. It's buggy, dumbed down and boring. The graphics are one redeeming quality, with some really gorgeous character and enemy design, pretty environments and smooth animations. Overall though, this game is lacking in a lot of ways.
  35. Apr 4, 2013
    I haven't played the first two Fables, so I will not be reviewing this as part of the series. First off, the combat is too easy, you can beat the entire fighting section of the game without dieing. I suppose that this would appeal to some people, but personally, I enjoy a challenge. Secondly, the menu system was terrible. At certain points it is entirely inaccessible, but even when you canI haven't played the first two Fables, so I will not be reviewing this as part of the series. First off, the combat is too easy, you can beat the entire fighting section of the game without dieing. I suppose that this would appeal to some people, but personally, I enjoy a challenge. Secondly, the menu system was terrible. At certain points it is entirely inaccessible, but even when you can use it, it still takes forever to use. It is essentially its own level, which causes it to have to load every different category. Speaking of which, the loading screens in this game are terrible. You will see the loading screens very frequently in this game, and they will always have the same music. Honestly, Microsoft could have done a better job and refined this before releasing it. Expand
  36. Apr 25, 2013
    At first, I didn't mind it, I was just thinking it was just the starting, and it was going to get better for me, but then the game went on and on, and I never enjoyed it. The story is just plain boring, compared to many other games out there with a fabulous campain mode, and this game just falls flat in my opinion.
  37. May 10, 2013
    Fable III should better be known as orgy III. The story is as fun as having your nuts kicked in by 5000 people wearing steal toed boats on. The best part of the game is the massive amounts of orgies you can have at any point in time. If you take out the massive amounts of orgies what fun can you have in this game? Well you can always go into your friends game kill have of the people inFable III should better be known as orgy III. The story is as fun as having your nuts kicked in by 5000 people wearing steal toed boats on. The best part of the game is the massive amounts of orgies you can have at any point in time. If you take out the massive amounts of orgies what fun can you have in this game? Well you can always go into your friends game kill have of the people in every town and then kill his wife so he rages, kick you from the game and the party and refuse to talk to you for about 3 hours. All and all i have to give it a 4 for the simple fact that the story was more boring than hearing your grandmother talking about her first period in shark infested waters of Bufu Egypt. What saved this game was the endless hours of torturing my friend by forcing him to have gay orgies until he got his weapon upgrade which never happened. all and all i give it a 4 Expand
  38. May 11, 2013
    I wanted to like this game. I'd heard rumors about how bad it was, which I ultimately disregarded and bought the game. (Plenty of people have rated sequel games lowly for not being exact replicas of their predecessor, and I figured that was what was going on with Fable III.)

This game is not trashed by fans unfairly. The combat is boring, magic is vastly overpowered, there is basically no use for melee weapons in this game.. The guns and magic succeed melee even in close range. This is disappointing, as the hammer in the game has the ability to become quite aesthetically pleasing.

One of the features of the Fable series that everyone knows is the ability to become good or evil. But in this game, it seems misplaced. You are the Princess/Prince trying to overthrow your brother, the King, because he is mean and evil. If you choose to become evil, the whole plot of the game is contradictory.

The graphics are original and charming. It's like stepping into a fairy tale.. Until you move. When you are moving, the environments become blurry and have actually made me nauseous.

Albion's formerly grin-inducing chicken humor has gone too far in this game. They took a small, "icing on the cake" aspect of the first game and overused it until it was too tired to be funny anymore.

Fable I is the best Fable, if you can overlook the old graphics and the inability to have a female protagonist. If not, Fable II is far superior to III.
  39. May 27, 2013
    It started in 2010 when I picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters. I played through it once, and then played through it again. I really, really liked it. I saw Fable II and bought that. I really, really liked it. Fable 1 was better, but II was still great. I learned about Fable III, buying into the hype. I bought the game on the day of the release, and I was blown away. Not by it being good,It started in 2010 when I picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters. I played through it once, and then played through it again. I really, really liked it. I saw Fable II and bought that. I really, really liked it. Fable 1 was better, but II was still great. I learned about Fable III, buying into the hype. I bought the game on the day of the release, and I was blown away. Not by it being good, buy by it being the biggest disappointment of my life. I never died once. Fable had always been a fairly easy game, but this...you couldn't even die without trying, and just like Fable II, you get right back up and brush it off. The combat is broken. Why is there a melee weapon when the magic and ranged attacks can kill a Sasquatch in a powerless hit? Instead of a pause menu, they added the Sanctuary. I can't even explain how terrible it is. The Road to Rule is the most stupid way of using experience, ever. You have to open a chest to upgrade your experience. The system in I and II was fine. It might have had a few flaws, but it was fine!!! The expression system is terrible. In Fable II, it was a wheel. It was not perfect and it needed improvement, not to be completely ripped out and replaced with randomly assigned expressions. Oh, you want to give him a high-five? Too bad, dance! This game is not worth buying. This game was the biggest disappointment of my life! Expand
  40. Dec 6, 2014
    It shouldn't win any awards but the third Fable game has enough going for it to make it worth completing. The combat is fresh and the story is admirable.
  41. May 30, 2013
    Fable 3 was such a disappointment from it's ancestors, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. It didn't really change anything from Fable 2, but I loved Fable 2; so I did enjoy it. However, it came across me as a lazy, and rushed project. Wouldn't recommend it, but it's not the worst game you'll ever play.
  42. May 31, 2013
    All the problems i had with Fable 2 have not been resolved the game is still to easy and combat is still based on one button. The game even makes things worse by taking away the loot system and adding weapon morphing. They also ripped the bad menu screen and replaced it with the sanctuary which forces you to watch a boring loading screen for five minutes.
    the graphics and property system
    the graphics and property system keep this game from being a one or two out of ten
  43. Feb 22, 2014
    A genuinely entertaining game, the attention to detail is beautiful in dialogue, games, minigames, collectibles, quests and sidequests, in the graphics and sound. Sure it is easy, the item system for weapons and armour are underdone for an rpg game. But the overall experience is very satisfying. I find it astonishing that a game can manage to get through every critic review without aA genuinely entertaining game, the attention to detail is beautiful in dialogue, games, minigames, collectibles, quests and sidequests, in the graphics and sound. Sure it is easy, the item system for weapons and armour are underdone for an rpg game. But the overall experience is very satisfying. I find it astonishing that a game can manage to get through every critic review without a single one coming up negative and still get hammered by the players, I feel like this game has fallen victim to its own popularity when it was released it was 'uncool' to like fable and so the game got sh*canned, also may be the exclusive game effect where ps fanboys feel the need to break something simple because it isn't theirs. Expand
  44. Jun 18, 2013
    I was one of many Xbox Live Gold subscribers who grabbed the game for free, and it was worth the 1 hour, 5.6 GB download. Fable III provides an entertaining campaign that keeps the player excited. However, it was pretty short and only took me 2 days to finish. Granted, the game was addicting enough to have me at it all day, but still. I'm giving it a 7 because of the other amazing thingsI was one of many Xbox Live Gold subscribers who grabbed the game for free, and it was worth the 1 hour, 5.6 GB download. Fable III provides an entertaining campaign that keeps the player excited. However, it was pretty short and only took me 2 days to finish. Granted, the game was addicting enough to have me at it all day, but still. I'm giving it a 7 because of the other amazing things that keep the game alive. Many side quests, marriage, real estate, collecting keys/gnomes/flowers/books all kept me going. Also, being able to have 20 wives and 50 children at once is quite humorous (the game does boast a sense of humor).

The story was decent (no spoilers, no worries). Your brother is a tyrant that seems to be torturing his kingdom and you are his reckoning. Unbeknownst to you an even worse threat lies outside of Albeon. Meh.

Overall 7

Story 5
    Gameplay 8
    Multiplayer 6
    Free-Roam Aspect 8
  45. Jul 6, 2013
    Fable 3 is one of the best fantasy games available on the Xbox 360. Skyrim of course is much better, but still Fable 3 succeeds in most areas where it needs to.

The characters in this game are developed and very intriguing. Characters like Sabine and Boulder are hilarious while Logan and Reaver are evil. You can change your relations with not only these characters, but all of the characters in Albion.

The combat while simple is always fun. You can choose to use magic, melee, or ranged weapons. All of them are fun to use, even though magic might be too overpowered.

Fable 3 should have more choices available in the second half of the game. The way that most of this portion of the game is presented is that either you can spend all your money, but be a hero or don't spend money and be called the worst king ever. While I do like the idea of how this game shows direction with the trails, in execution it doesn't work perfectly. It glitches and in one instance I lost an entire quest due to this. Interactions are funny at first, with the ability to fart in someone's face, or do the chicken dance, but eventually you will wish that you could do more.
  46. Feb 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought the first Fable when it came out and boy was I disappointed.
    Not cheated, per se, just disappointed. I got to Knothole Glade and
    couldn't be bothered to play any more. Aside from being completely
    misrepresented in preview years, the load times were atrocious for how
    small and how many areas there were and I wasn't impressed with the
    graphics at all. Moreover, I wanted to play a game fashioned by me from
    childhood to death, but the laborious childhood portion of the game was
    really just a training segment (I didn't want to play "segments" I
    wanted to grow up with the character).

(Writing this now, I think they should try to make the game that was
    previewed. It is more than doable with today's tech and wouldn't have
    to be high budget).

Coming back to it more than a year later, something clicked. The
    action, while not measuring up to Team Ninja's Ninja Gaiden (my
    favourite game at the time), was actually brilliant for a one button
    hack and slash. And the charm! How had I missed that? Plus, the
    graphics are also brilliant with gorgeous cycling days and
    colors(although pretty greyed out compared to other xbox titles), I
    only wish there were a first person look mode without having to get out
    a bow. I still think the whole story is utter drivel. I mean, this was
    supposed to be a story crafted by the player from childhood to death,
    with carving names into growing trees and such, not some nonsense with
    a bad-guy named "Jack of Blades" and a good guy who turns out to be a
    bad guy. Whatever. What I like doing most in the game is pretending to
    be a traveling salesman, going from Oakvale to Bowerstone on foot, back
    and forth. (They could do that, too, a traveling salesperson game with
    a real economy...)

Then came Fable 2 which the critics gave numerous 10-out-of-10's to but
    I can't stand. Fans of Fable 1 have already argued why so I won't go
    into it.

Unfortunately, those who didn't like 2 also didn't like 3 so I avoided
    it like the plague--if it weren't for my wife. God bless you Angie! Yes
    3 is a lot more like 2 than it is 1, but it is infinitely better than
    2. I went into it a skeptic but it won me over in less than five
    minutes with its brilliant opening cinematic and well modeled, (and
    voiced!), hero and awesome graphics. The story presentation is
    excellent and the game has flow. Plus, it is the most charming mature
    video game I have ever played, and if you don't absolutely love the
    chicken suit then I can't help you.

The story is brilliant (for a game) even if I feel both love and hate
    for the overwrought Walter. I also feel, as I do about Mass Effect 3,
    that the game is best played to have your cake and eat it too. In other
    words, have enough gold to make the right decision always. If you want
    to be evil, that's fine too, the world really changes if you do--not
    the castle, I was promised walls dripping with blood! :( --but you are
    still congratulated for it at the end by Theresa. When I played evil I wanted her to hari kari herself in despair at having helped me. That would have fallen in line with the sick charm of the game and made me feel really evil, which is what you want. My favourite characters are: the Princess!; Lesley, who's quests I say you HAVE to play, even if you are "Good", just do yourself the favor; Reaver, brilliantly, and hilariously, written and voiced; and Chesty :) Oh, one last thing. I will say that the pine trees in F2 were GORGEOUS, even better than in 3 :)
  47. Mar 21, 2014
    Massive flaws. 1.)It's impossible to fail. Literally. You can fight the biggest, baddest boss in the game, set the controller down without pausing and make a sandwich... Then, you can go to work. Then, you can come home and go to sleep. Then, you can wake up and catch a flight to the island paradise of Maui and spend a week there. Then you can come home and sleep off your jet-lag. If theMassive flaws. 1.)It's impossible to fail. Literally. You can fight the biggest, baddest boss in the game, set the controller down without pausing and make a sandwich... Then, you can go to work. Then, you can come home and go to sleep. Then, you can wake up and catch a flight to the island paradise of Maui and spend a week there. Then you can come home and sleep off your jet-lag. If the game is still running, you will still be alive and completely fine. 2.) None of the original promises of the Fable series are fulfilled in this entry. If anything, it's a step back from 1 and 2 in meeting the goals that were originally set for the project. 3.) The menus are all replaced by a cumbersome 'sanctuary' that you teleport to and walk into different rooms, select certain objects and... interact with menus. It's just a nonsensical, immersion-breaking, extra layer between you and menus. Expand
  48. Aug 18, 2013
    This game was pretty good until the halfway point. It had fun, if easy, combat, a decent enough story and pretty good gameplay. And then you become king. It gets repetitive, uninspired and goes way too quickly. The final boss fight is just not difficult enough or interesting. And when you beat the game you don't really feel motivated enough to finish the side quests. I just got bored so IThis game was pretty good until the halfway point. It had fun, if easy, combat, a decent enough story and pretty good gameplay. And then you become king. It gets repetitive, uninspired and goes way too quickly. The final boss fight is just not difficult enough or interesting. And when you beat the game you don't really feel motivated enough to finish the side quests. I just got bored so I turned off safety mode and went psycho on Brightwall. And never looked back. Peter Molyneux, sort it out for Fable 4. Expand
  49. Sep 20, 2013
    Quite a good game it can be fun to play, the story and characters are good and the atmosphere is nice but there is no challenge, I finished the game without dying. The combat is way too easy. Another problem is that becoming friends with people is boring just hold down A and you're done but despite these problems I had fun with this game and think it deserves a 7.
  50. Oct 26, 2013
    When they said that they working on fable 3 i was happy but he dissapoint meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  51. Jan 27, 2014
    don't plan on playing this game in multiplayer version unless you intend to spend some money. You cannot access multiplayer unless the other person has the exact same downloadable content that you do. now I bet you're thinking it would just be really easy to go and delete an extra downloadable content that you have so that you can then play with this other person, however then you cannotdon't plan on playing this game in multiplayer version unless you intend to spend some money. You cannot access multiplayer unless the other person has the exact same downloadable content that you do. now I bet you're thinking it would just be really easy to go and delete an extra downloadable content that you have so that you can then play with this other person, however then you cannot access your saved game because you are missing your downloadable content. This is just a gigantic fable scam trying to get us all to buy everything so that we can play with each other. Personally it's not worth it and I'm not going to play anymore. Expand
  52. Apr 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A lot that can be said about Fable III can be found in my Fable II review, the Disneyesque presentation is still there and the production seems to have been ramped up with voice acting talent coming in for a great sound quality. The game is more or less the same in structure, design and gameplay, this time around the missions are a little bit better one memorable mission was being shrunk down to be involved with a kid's Dungeons and Dragons game. The game ended a bit strange as you become king and have to run the country with bureaucratic decisions that can save the people but the time jumps randomly during this period of the game which makes it really hard to prepare and yet again I feel the franchise has wasted a handful of good idea's that would progress the series. Overall it is good looking and competent. Expand
  53. Jun 19, 2014
    Fable 3 is an action RPG set in the world of Albion. You must become a hero and saved your Kingdom. It's good fun, but if you've played Fable 2 you may be disappointed. I've outlined the pros and cons without being too picky, I hope.

Pros: - The voice acting! John Cleese and Stephen Fry! This is probably the best part of the game! - The humour! - The artwork and improved

Pros:

- The humour!

- The artwork and improved graphics! Visually this game is an improvement over Fable 2.

- I liked the magic system. It's much improved. It's fun to combine two different elements. It's also a lot faster than before.

- The girl in this game is way hotter than before.

- It was fun making decisions as a queen.

- The jobs system has improved. Instead of timing a needle, you press the X and A buttons, and try to hit the bars. Also, getting multipliers is easier.

Not a Con, Not a Pro:

- I liked the 3D map. But it lacked accuracy in details. Also, you could not deselect missions.

- The controls are a mixed bag. It's slightly improved, but there are two main things I didn't like. First, getting rid of the gestures wheel. Opting for extreme simplicity was the wrong move. It does not allow players full control.

- Second, you have to take out your gun, and then squeeze the left trigger to aim. Why? Why not just squeeze the left trigger and have the character withdraw his/her gun automatically? They had to put in the silly hand holding.

- Furthermore, speaking on controls, I wish they would just have an option to always leave on sprinting.

- There should be a separate button for dodging (rolling away from) enemy attacks.

- Upgrading your weapons is a lot easier, but I did like the augmentations feature from Fable 2. Either one is fine. I guess it's personal preference.

- I would've liked to have started off as a child like the previous games. It fleshes out the character better.

Cons:

- The sanctuary is extremely cumbersome. I hate how they've done away with the old menu. Bring back the old menu and tweak it.

- You have a limited selection of clothes. It's harder to customize and mix and match. It makes your character less personal.

- Gifting is a pain.

- Lack of a gesture wheel takes away control from the user. Was not a good idea.

- The world of Albion feels smaller. Not by a huge amount but there seems to be less exploring to be had.

- I thought the holding hands feature was too silly and unnecessary. I did not care for the dancing and hand kissing either.

- Why do I have to hold the A button to enter places? I want to press it once.

- Sucks when you buy homes and you have to repair them. The maintenance is annoying. - Some areas have slow down. I guess this is inevitable in any game. Not a huge deal though. - The sword and hammer need to be more powerful to be balanced out with magic and guns. - Aiming the gun is difficult. It feels so wobbly. - There are less defined consequences for being good or evil. It takes away from the idea that you are a hero and you have to make choice that really affect your life. - Fable 3 is much shorter than Fable 2. I played Fable 2 and it ate up a lot of my time. Fable 3 was finished pretty quickly. - The story is good, but a bit more tepid than Fable 2 and 1. It feels less emotional. IN CONCLUSION: I really do hope the make 'Fable the Fourth' but improve, and combine all of the best elements together. I wish the game makers the best of success. Even though I've given this a 7 it is still a good game that is worth checking out.
  54. Jan 16, 2014
    I love this game, there is just a couple of things that annoys me. First off, it's just to easy, the game is hardly challenging at all. The emotions were better in Fable 2 with the wheel where you can actually choose what you want to do, in 3 you only have a choice of which button to press. The Co-op player can also not join in like in no.2. There is also some major slowdown for noI love this game, there is just a couple of things that annoys me. First off, it's just to easy, the game is hardly challenging at all. The emotions were better in Fable 2 with the wheel where you can actually choose what you want to do, in 3 you only have a choice of which button to press. The Co-op player can also not join in like in no.2. There is also some major slowdown for no apparent reason, you just run trough the village and it slows down to a crawl. I also think you get to the part where you become king way to quickly, and from there it becomes a bit of a bore.
    Ok, now for the plus points. The graphics are amazing, everything feels alive. The way the sun shines trough tree's, the water that makes you thirsty. The Co-op is also a huge improvement, the second player actually keep the weapons, armour and gold. And the second player actually look like they do on their own profile, not like Fable 2 where you actually chose a placeholder.
    So if you are a fan of this kind of game go get it now. It's a bit easy and and on the short side, but I enjoyed it a lot. PS it's a lot longer then your COD's!
  55. Jan 26, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever played. Fable 2 was alright at best,but Fable 3 was just flat out horrific. Undesirable plot. Useless melee weapons,over powered guns and magic,repetitive boring combat,and a useless moral system plague this game.Don't pick this game up,ever.It's almost as bad as Aliens: Colonial Marines.
  56. Mar 16, 2014
    The AVGN should review this boring chore of a game. It sucks. It sucks REAL hard. If you like the game, great. But I see it as one of the biggest disapointments ever.
  57. Feb 19, 2014
    It's a thoroughly gratifying experience when you complete a game that took so much of your time and effort, especially when it's a good game. And that's Fable III summed up. It's graphics are beautiful and it's a cinematographic game, with a fun fighting system and a stupendous voice cast. It's a wonderful game not to be missed.
  58. Mar 4, 2014
    Fable was an alright game to play, considering the full story line and plot, it flows following the events of Fable II. The downfalls of this game include the boring combat which makes the game unbearable. The focus of this game is Role-play, but honestly with the forced quests Role-play really isn't an option. It would've improved the game play if you could choose whether to do the questFable was an alright game to play, considering the full story line and plot, it flows following the events of Fable II. The downfalls of this game include the boring combat which makes the game unbearable. The focus of this game is Role-play, but honestly with the forced quests Role-play really isn't an option. It would've improved the game play if you could choose whether to do the quest later, but they were just forced upon you. The Road To Rule sucked, considering you weren't gaining the skills, but you only had the options to gain them if you fought in battles and won guild seals thus only giving you real skill with melee weapon fighting, range weapon fighting and magic. The dog was really annoying, and the treasures given were pointless. The story was too fast, and within a few hours of playing I was the king of Albion. And, Logan was just left after you either decided to let him free or execute him, he made no other appearances during the ruling time. The quests during being a king really did suck, and it was mostly just making choices and losing a LOT of gold, I was at least a million coins in debt and because I was forced to do quests I couldn't earn any money to repay that debt. I hope with Fable anniversary that they resolve this problem and restore Fable to its glory. Expand
  59. Aug 29, 2014
    Fable III is good, but we just didn't ask for it. I will say that it's the most BEAUTIFUL game I've EVER played. It's pretty enough to make you weep. The combat is also very fun, even though you just end up mashing one button. The side missions are as plentiful as they are interesting. The voice acting is great, with masterful performances from great actors. However, the story is the worstFable III is good, but we just didn't ask for it. I will say that it's the most BEAUTIFUL game I've EVER played. It's pretty enough to make you weep. The combat is also very fun, even though you just end up mashing one button. The side missions are as plentiful as they are interesting. The voice acting is great, with masterful performances from great actors. However, the story is the worst part. It feels clichéd and scripted, and the RPG elements are wasted. Overall, Fable III is a disappointment, but is still a fun package. Expand

1. Jan 31, 2011
    Lionhead carefully preserved everything that made Fable 2 so good. Though it's a pity that the "king simulator" concept is totally wasted here.
  2. Jan 16, 2011
    There are more highlights in the first two missions of Black Ops, then in Medal of Honor. The requirements of Treyarch seemed to be better, than in the past few years. They made an interesting setting. In addition, there's a nice zombie mode and an overwhelming multiplayer. No doubt, this is Treyarchs best Call of Duty ever!
  3. Jan 15, 2011
    Flaws in design and execution are even more obvious with this new game and, as usual, Lionhead fails to live up to the expectations.