4.5

1. Oct 10, 2012
    When Fable: The Journey was first announced I knew it would fail. Peter told us exactly "It's not on rails", well guess what? It is. Fable continues to slowly die out though to the changes it's over going year after year. The graphics are nice but what's the point when you can't stop to enjoy some of the breath taking environments? This game locks in for a boring ride unlike the previous two games. It's time Fable lived up to it's name and actually became one, because this is one you'll want to forget. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2012
    The fanboys can't even defend this one. It is complete and utter **** And if anyone cares about Fable, they won't argue about that. I love seeing people try to turn this into something it's not and make excuses for it existing.

Kinect is a bad, overpriced tech demo and this game is just another example(as if Star Wars Kinect and Steel Battalion weren't enough) as to why Kinect doesn't
    work and how motion control based games aren't good with the current tech. Don't buy into this trash.

RIP Fable
  3. Oct 10, 2012
    AWFUL GAME!

microsoft is basically scamming people here... this is unplayable fable 3 was ok, not as good as 2 but this is awfullllllllllllllllllllll
  4. Oct 12, 2012
    i am big fable fan when i saw this game i said cool but then they made it as kinect feature i said why?

then when saw demo i was fully pissed off the best game series from 1 and 2 best ones then when 4th one came out it was even worst it make 3rd game better.

my nephew said it very boring repetitive not very move able with kincect feature
  5. Oct 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I literally sh@t my pants when I saw this game had finally been released.

Peter has really done it this time. Talk about innovation. I literally feel like I'm sitting on a horse cart riding through the most fantastically realised environments this side of the original Doom. Wow. I bought a whip so I could real get the feeling of driving that cart and although my son has got a few marks on his face from my errant whipping the effect is magical. Highly recommended if you like carts and especially horses.
  6. Jul 25, 2013
    Come on guys, you can clearly see it is the failure in this franchise. Fable 3 sold ~4m copies... fable 2 sold +3m copies... only on xbox, they were ported to pc as well witch sale numbers are not included in the numbers above. Fable the journey sold almost 200.000 copies on xbox and was not ported to any other platform. That is a huge failure in my book.
  7. Jul 22, 2014
    Fable: The Journey could have been a return to greatness for Lionhead's signature franchise, but it simply isn't. The character development is good, even if Gabriel is annoying, and the story is interesting, but the gameplay has to be cooperative, in order for it to be a good game. It isn't. And that isn't Lionhead's fault. This game could have been great, but the Kinect holds it back. Fable: The Journey's controls are unresponsive, half of the time, but when they work, they're boring. I must have been ambushed by hobbes half a dozen times throughout this game, and that's 4 too many. The enemies are not diverse, nor is the world that you have to stare at during the 12 hours that you'll spend riding on a horse. The emotional bond between the player and the horse is non-existent the whole way through, despite the fact that Peter Molyneux promised that we would care about it. In conclusion, the game's interesting story and characters are held back by the either unresponsive or boring gameplay. Expand

1. Dec 19, 2012
    For Kinect owners who love Fable, The Journey is a must buy and will likely result in many hours being spent traversing Albion, enjoying a charming story with interesting characters and likely finding a new love the Xbox 360 peripheral. If you're on the fence about whether or not you need another Kinect game or you're trying to find an excuse to purchase a Kinect, Fable: The Journey is by far one of the reasons to pick up this piece of kit.
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    An ambitious attempt at making a simple but compelling game, hampered by a device that's not quite up for it. [Jan 2013, p.81]
    You can ignore the smoke and mirrors for a while, but there's just no substance. [Issue#91, p.64]