6.5

1. Feb 4, 2011
    Fallout 3's DLC Operation Anchorage is a great DLC it has a great story, that gives you a look back at the beginning of the war that started the apocalypse, it adds new weapons, characters, achievements, and a slightly different gameplay style, the only problem I can find with it is that it has glitches and it is extremely short, this is definitely worth the $10 asking price, and I highly recommend it to any fan of the game. Collapse
  2. Feb 4, 2011

1. The changes in gameplay are refreshing and the challenge level which results from them make it a satisfying experience. It is not painfully difficult, just pleasantly so, and its running time of roughly three hours is long enough to be enjoyable without becoming monotonous.
  2. I love Fallout 3. I love it to an almost indecent extent. It was far and away my game of 2008, and doesn't look like being knocked out of my personal top spot for a good while yet. But when you sift out its role-play, the ammo-box inspection and the exploration and draft in a fleet of health and ammo regeneration points to compensate... well, affairs just feel shallow and somewhat naked.
    Ultimately, it's the die-hard Fallout 3 fans that should enjoy this new chapter in the series' history, and those same fans who may end up slightly annoyed after the fact. Operation Anchorage doesn't answer many questions regarding the lead-up to the big war, but it's an interesting piece of the puzzle that fits into the overall game without feeling out of place.