6.2

1. Oct 8, 2010
    it was alright wouldnt have made it the last DLC. i played through it at level 30 and it was tough. thats not why i didnt like it, i just found it a bit crap. i did like SOME of the weapons though like that pistol and rifle.
  2. NathanS.
    Aug 4, 2009
    Enjoyable although it is too combat heavy the ending is totally epic it's no point lookout though.
  3. LaurenP
    Aug 5, 2009
    Mothership Zeta is an experience that almost asks to be forgotten. It tries to sell itself on exploration and combat. The former is polished and beautiful, but it feels so wasted on the latter, which is generic and extremely boring.
  4. camazotzB
    Aug 14, 2009
    This is a fun expansion, but feels a bit "off" from the Fallout 3 style, more like a conventional shooter event jammed in to the middle of the awesomness of the Fallout universe. That said, I had fun rampaging through Mothership Zeta's long cooridors and getting in to all sorts of trouble, but eventually I started wishing I had stayed on Earth, as it dragged on long past my toleranceThis is a fun expansion, but feels a bit "off" from the Fallout 3 style, more like a conventional shooter event jammed in to the middle of the awesomness of the Fallout universe. That said, I had fun rampaging through Mothership Zeta's long cooridors and getting in to all sorts of trouble, but eventually I started wishing I had stayed on Earth, as it dragged on long past my tolerance for the more conventional fps-shooter style of this expansion. Expand
  5. Jul 12, 2011
    This DLC suffers from the similar problems as Operation Anchorage. It is not as bad as OA, but it still gives you a feeling that is not originally meant for Fallout 3. It has again much of shooting going on, but it also gives you possibility to loot stuff and it has some kind of decent story that might keep you interests if you like UFO stuff. The game provides you some alien weaponryThis DLC suffers from the similar problems as Operation Anchorage. It is not as bad as OA, but it still gives you a feeling that is not originally meant for Fallout 3. It has again much of shooting going on, but it also gives you possibility to loot stuff and it has some kind of decent story that might keep you interests if you like UFO stuff. The game provides you some alien weaponry which is nice spice on energy weapons selection; these weapons did not feel so overpowered either. In my opinion this DLC does not fit to Fallout universe, even though there are UFO random encounters in the game. This DLC is supposed to give you an explanation for why you see these UFO random encounters. As a game it is decent, but suffers from the fact that fallout 3 is not best as a FPS action game, which this DLC is mostly about. If you donâ Expand
  6. Mar 20, 2012
    To be honest, this was kind of a cool concept but ultimately became boring. It also leaves you ridiculously overpowered in the core game, which for me kind of ruined the feel of the series. Really, I should give this a 5 or a 6 but I give it points for the interesting lore it provided on the history of the universe.
  7. May 15, 2012
    This is the first dlc I have played for Mothership Zeta. I got to admit it looks cool. But it is not as good as it looks. I felt in Mothership Zeta that they replaced a fantastic story line in to a too much combat dlc[ I just love a good story] The weapons are cool and pretty much blew the hell out of those aliens heads. I recommend this only for more Fallout 3. Fallout 3 Mothership Zeta 5.8/10
  8. Oct 29, 2013
    As with Anchorage, Mothership Zeta had a forgettable plot and very good loot. It was less well-integrated into the story than Operation Anchorage, and also left a massive and glaring plot hole in that all the technology you presumably now have access to amounts to nothing in the wasteland at large. The gameplay itself is rather normal, not remarkable in either a good or bad way. The keyAs with Anchorage, Mothership Zeta had a forgettable plot and very good loot. It was less well-integrated into the story than Operation Anchorage, and also left a massive and glaring plot hole in that all the technology you presumably now have access to amounts to nothing in the wasteland at large. The gameplay itself is rather normal, not remarkable in either a good or bad way. The key redeeming quality is an easily obtained alternative to Weapon Repair Kits and some nice new Energy Weapons. Key issues include a forgettable plot, irrelevance to the game at large and few RPG qualities. Expand

1. Mothership Zeta is a let down. It's nowhere near as good as Point Lookout or The Pitt. It's slightly better than Operation Anchorage, but only slightly. It's a linear, repetitive slog through an alien space ship and nothing else. Is it a fitting finale? No. Is it worth 800MS Points? Just. If only for the Samurai Armour. Sniff.
  2. With repetitive, largely uninspired corridor combat, and boring, linear and samey mission design, the least you'd hope is that there would be some supplementary side quests to extend the lifespan - but not so.
  3. The result is a game that looks great, ends well, but at times, leans too heavily on formulaic game mechanics.