Fallout 3: Point Lookout Xbox 360

8.3

1. ObsidianP.
    Sep 10, 2009
    I will just put it like this: I was lost in Oblivion for months. Now I am lost in the wasteland of Fallout 3 and have been for months! These expansions are like addictive drugs; once you get hooked you are totally consumed! I think my family is secretly planning an intervention session...
  2. StevenM
    Oct 7, 2009
    The main story is really quite interesting and fresh - a nice change from playing a wild goose chase with your dad. You go from defending a home invasion, to having a drug trip. a very interesting area to explore buti am yet to find ANY side quests at all. :l shame.
  3. LaurenP.
    Aug 6, 2009
    Point Lookout is a very fun, creative, and solid addition to Fallout 3. The atmosphere is rich with detail, and the side quests are so deep that they could very well pass as main quests themselves.
  4. SteveD
    Jun 30, 2009
    Good expansion, but it left me wanting a little more. Being a level 26 character with over $33,000 in game left me a little disappointed that my rewards were a little thin. Hat & overalls, a chance to use an axe, a somewhat stronger shotgun & rifle along with a few caps seemed not worth the time. Some quests just gave me some Rad-X and a couple caps, not even XP. Lame. Buy The Pitt & Good expansion, but it left me wanting a little more. Being a level 26 character with over $33,000 in game left me a little disappointed that my rewards were a little thin. Hat & overalls, a chance to use an axe, a somewhat stronger shotgun & rifle along with a few caps seemed not worth the time. Some quests just gave me some Rad-X and a couple caps, not even XP. Lame. Buy The Pitt & Anchorage for weapons and items, buy Broken Steel for the story and level cap, and buy Point Lookout for a lil' timewaster. Expand
  5. AndrewT
    Jul 3, 2009
    Simply put, Point Lookout is the best psychological horror experience I've ever seen in a video game. The main quest alone is worth the price of admission. I enjoyed this $10 DLC pack more than I've enjoyed most of my $50+ console games.
  6. GianmarcoV
    Jun 26, 2009
    A very good DLC, there aren't many quests but there is a large (and suggestive) area to explore with many things to found.
  7. JordanT
    Jul 29, 2009
    Point Lokkout it by far one of the most interesting and enjoying downloadable contents for Fallout 3. I enjoyed it very much and I expect people who are into fallout to enjoy it as well.
  8. Nov 22, 2010
    It could have been a little longer, but Point Lookout is a fun, well-crafted expansion for Fallout 3. It's probably the best one out of all of them, actually.
  9. Nov 30, 2010
    read it if you are new to fallout series
    I never played any of the fallout games. I bought it because i have some friends that love it and i decided to give it a try. I played the game for a few hours and simply couldnt understand what was going on.. or what should i do... I was completely lost.
    read it if you are new to fallout series
    After a few months i decided to give it another try, and it took a while but i learned to enjoy the game. It can be really exhaustive sometimes, but in a general it was good fun and in a way, a masterpiece of freedom of choices, I must confess i was really disappointed by the ending , i actually ended the game thinking I was in a side mission.. But the game is like this: most of the times you end up choosing a path without really knowing what will be the consequences. Although this is its weakest point its also the best thing about the game.
  10. Mar 6, 2011
    Point Lookout is a great piece of DLC, it has a great atmosphere and story, cool new weapons and achievements, adds more hours of gameplay, and will challenge the most seasoned players, with it's tough enemies, a must download.
  11. Jul 24, 2011
    This is some good DLC right here. You get a sixth of a full game for a sixth of the price. There's some cool quests and weapons, and interesting characters. Plus there's a pretty big map to explore so if u love Fallout 3 then drop the 10 bucks.
  12. Jul 5, 2011
    In my opinion, this is an add on that is definitely worth the 800 microsoft points. You get a pretty good sized land for the microsoft points you pay, and it is a land that is fun to explore. The only negative I have about this add on is that it is pretty depressing to play sometimes. Definitely a fallout add on to buy.
  13. Jul 14, 2011
    Point lookout is a nice change if you have bored on traveling on dry and barren capital wasteland. It brings you interesting new landscape that is refreshingly different from original one. It takes you to a swampy area that was not completely destroyed during the great war. There is plenty of new content in this DLC and finally it brings the dual shot double-barrel shotgun to fallout whichPoint lookout is a nice change if you have bored on traveling on dry and barren capital wasteland. It brings you interesting new landscape that is refreshingly different from original one. It takes you to a swampy area that was not completely destroyed during the great war. There is plenty of new content in this DLC and finally it brings the dual shot double-barrel shotgun to fallout which I so much missed from original fallout 3. The story is decent and keeps you entertain till the end. Main story lasts about 3 to 4 hours, but there are also some mini quests that add things to do. Point lookout also introduces some new creatures. Some of these creatures are quite powerful and might give you a hard time especially if you are playing with low level character. You can start playing the point lookout whenever it suites you, but I would recommend to level up your character quite a bit before entering the swampy lands of point lookout. Donâ Expand
  14. Mar 20, 2012
    What a great addition to Fallout 3. I almost enjoyed the mutated redneck swamp that was Point Lookout over the Capital Wasteland. The large map area provided more to explore than the first 2 DLC's combined. It gave a very 'preserved in time' feel with the quests, which were among the most interestingly conceived in the universe thus far. Overall, this was my favourite of the Fallout 3 DLC's.
  15. Aug 19, 2012
    To put this review short the main quest was alright but world itself is great asking to be explored and new weapon s as well and side quests. Fallout 3: Point Lookout 6.9/10
  16. Oct 29, 2013
    An interesting story, useful loot and actual roleplaying qualities make Point Lookout stand above the other DLCs of Fallout 3. One can say surprisingly little about the plot without spoiling it, so I'll leave that alone with one statement: It's extremely interesting. The gameplay is difficult in a good challenging way, requiring both skill and stimpaks. The setting is fascinating andAn interesting story, useful loot and actual roleplaying qualities make Point Lookout stand above the other DLCs of Fallout 3. One can say surprisingly little about the plot without spoiling it, so I'll leave that alone with one statement: It's extremely interesting. The gameplay is difficult in a good challenging way, requiring both skill and stimpaks. The setting is fascinating and serves as an almost mini-Wasteland. The fact that you can come and go as you please makes it even better, allowing you to explore Point Lookout as you play the main game. If anything, Point Lookout's main issue is that it makes the other Fallout 3 DLC look bad. Expand
  17. Nov 22, 2014
    Fallout 3: Point Lookout is a mediocre add-on. To start off, the setting is kind of bland. It's pretty much a swampy wetlands area with a hazy look to the atmosphere. The only places I like in the new dlc are a rundown mansion and an abandoned theme park. The new enemies are "Swampfolk" that can be kind of tough at times but their design is boring and just an odd additive to the game. TheFallout 3: Point Lookout is a mediocre add-on. To start off, the setting is kind of bland. It's pretty much a swampy wetlands area with a hazy look to the atmosphere. The only places I like in the new dlc are a rundown mansion and an abandoned theme park. The new enemies are "Swampfolk" that can be kind of tough at times but their design is boring and just an odd additive to the game. The story itself is not really that interesting and is also really short. Desmond, the owner of the old mansion, is fighting with a brain named Calvert, and you have to side with one of them. This dlc is sort of fun in some parts but overall it's okay. Expand

1. Each and every part of Point Lookout is both challenging and interesting, and you come away with the impression that Bethesda's quality control has tightened up over the course of the year. As a whole, Point Lookout hangs together better than any previous Fallout 3 DLC pack, and as such comes highly recommended.
  2. At a very reasonable 800 points this is well worth your time. The strongest Fallout 3 DLC to date.
  3. The new game world looks great, and the omnipresent vegetation is a real change from the barren rock and destroyed highways that we’re used to. At times the frame rate seemed to take a bit of a hit, but this issue never became serious enough to affect gameplay - the action was just a bit less smooth than usual.