8.6

1. Mar 21, 2014
    Im not going to write a huge review here as I think most people will have already played this by now but on the off chance that someone somewhere is thinking about weather to buy this or not and is going through others reviews to make a decision then here is my take on Fallout 3...

The single greatest game ever to come out on the Xbox 360.

I have 36 years old and have been gaming
    since the 80s so while i may be old, I can say i have enough experience to know my games :) and this is in my top 5 of all time games.

Thats really all i can say! Go, buy and enjoy!
  2. Mar 13, 2014
    Easily my favorite game of all time along with Fallout New Vegas!!!Provided me with hours and hours of immersive enjoyment. I just can't give it a 10 though because of all the glitches but everyone should try this game!It may take a while to get into it but once you do you can't put down the controller down!
  3. Feb 21, 2014
    Taking place in post-apocalyptic Washington DC, Fallout 3 takes you through a journey you never thought possible. This game allows you to do literally whatever you want. Want to be evil? Go for it. Good? That's just fine. What separates this game from so many other however is all the gray area in between. You start as a baby and the game quickly accelerates and allows you to choose which S.P.E.C.I.A.L. abilities you wish to have. This is great because the different SPECIAL abilities you choose will affect the way in which you play the game, which equates to near infinite replay value. Personally, I have played through this game probably 6 six times, logging on average over 50 hours of gameplay each turn. Every time you play, you find something new in the game. It is so vast and even the DLC is worth buying (especially point lookout). There is so much to this game and the plot that it is mind blowing. I won't give away any spoilers, but check out literally every vault that you can find. Each one has it's own story. I could not recommend this game more. Just be careful - when you start playing, you will not stop for hours and hours. Fantastic. Get Fallout New Vegas as well. It updated a lot and made things a bit more difficult and allows crafting of certain items and chems. Expand
  4. Jan 19, 2014
    For me Fallout 3 is the best game available on 360, it is so immersive and chock full of surprises. The setting is fantastic and the surrounding of 50s style propaganda really adds to the games character. There is a vast amount of fun weaponry and ways to use them, the character building is top notch with some very fun and interesting perks. The world is full of wonderful characters (the "super heroes" at war with each other using giant ants and robots spring to mind) with many problems across the game world that need sorting, it's the exploration that really makes this game, there are some very interesting buildings around that can really come in useful while some serve as sheds for plungers and lead pipes. The main story is good and gripping but the same could be said about the majority of side quests. This game is excellent, the standard by which all other games should be striving to achieve, It gets my 2008 game of the year and also stands as my game of the generation. Expand
  5. Jan 13, 2014
    This is a great game. Whether you play all day or just 3 hours it is still a great game you will fall in love with. This game can help you get through hard times.
  6. Jan 6, 2014
    One of my favorites SSOOOOO good anyone who gives this game a bad rating doesn't understand gaming. One of the best rpg ever made the world was by far the most fun to explore bethesda makes me horny
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    This game, is one of the best games ive ever played. The intricate backstory and the development of your character throughout the game is amazing. However, it lets itself down because its glitchy, and its weapon targettings a little off.
  8. Jan 1, 2014
    Well writing this almost 6 years from its release, but I continue to play it, continue to find new things to do and continue to love it. I suppose it is slightly showing its age now, graphics wise, gamplay-wise it is still just as good to play as it was when I first ripped the packaging off 6 years(ish) ago. So if you have an xbox360 and love great gameplay then you should either have owned this or it should be still in your collection gathering dust. Simply fire up the 360 and get it running. There are still loads to do in my game (I saved at level 19, and yes I know we can go to 30). Expand
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    Okay, we all know Fallout 3's clunky combat isn't the best, but if you look at the rest of the game, WOW. Fallout 3 is truly an amazing and beautiful game that can be revisited tons and tons of times. The RPG elements are heavy and your choices matter, the characters are interesting, the leveling system is complex, the sound design is mysterious, this game is an experience you have to see.

Fallout 3 gets 9.8/10
  10. Dec 23, 2013
    Fallout 3 is an action packed role playing game that never leaves the player bored. With the new cinematic way of combat (V.A.T.S) fighting off feral ghouls never gets old. The quests are always new and fun to complete and the weapons are always fun to use, and destructive. This is the best game I have ever played and I hope you play it as well, if you don't, well your missing out on the best game ever. Expand
  11. Dec 22, 2013
    The plot is incredibly interesting, the setting is wonderful, with a very enjoyable gameplay and it's incredibly captivating. The GOTY edition actually might lower the score since the DLCs are sub-par when compared to the game itself
  12. Dec 8, 2013
    This is the best RPG I have played. It beats oblivion and skyrim to me. It has a meaningful story with great progression and skills. It is to good to ignore.
  13. Nov 29, 2013
    Simply, My favorite game of all time!! I got the GOTY edition and spent around 200 hours until I unlocked every achievement...

With its massive world full of quests, interesting places, great NPCs this game just makes you feel you are actually in the wasteland fighting for survival.

I loved when you were just wandering and there were a lot of random events that kept you busy... And
    there's Dogmeat one of the best companions you can have in a video game...

Sure the game has a lot of glitches and I bet they are difficult to control with the mass world Bethesda created (just one advice, save often... very often), but the game manages to engage you with the details, funny level perks and game mechanics (V.A.T.S is one of the best inventions in gaming history...
  14. Nov 21, 2013
    I highly recommend you pick the GOTY right now, it's that good! The story follows a vault dweller who is growing up in a Vault, because of the atomic bombing that China did to the United States in 2077. Now it's 2277. Your father voiced by Liam Neeson decides to leave the vault, something that no one ever does as the vault is supposed to be permanently shut. However, your character chooses to follow him. Not exactly sure where to go. you go to the nearest town Megaton to find some clues. This is where the game really get's started as you are thrown in the post apocalyptic wasteland. There is hundreds of hours of content in this game to keep anyone interested. This game has a very 30-40s vibe and the music on your pipboy fits this game perfectly! There are all kinds of strange creatures, people, places, and weapons to keep anyone satisfied. This game does have its problems though, it can crash at any time and pretty often too. Some things just maybe won't trigger for a quest, making it impossible to complete and that can get pretty annoying. Overall this game is great! I suggest everyone give this game a try it will really be worth your time. Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2013
    Oh. My. God. Fallout 3 is an absolutely phenomenal game, I love it so damn much. It's definitely in my top 10 games ever. If you like RPGs, then get this game, if you like GAMES, then GET. THIS. GAME. Stop reading my review (if anyone is even reading this...) and go play Fallout 3!
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    This is one of the most fun experiences I've played in a while. For one, this game is set in a post-apocalyptic time era, and Bethesda pulls it off better than i expected. The way it played out really made you feel like you, specifically, were the one trying to survive, making you very careful with how you use your limited equipment. And in a game where it's not so difficult to die, you can't just run around like an overpowered god like in other games. This along with the barren environments and city ruins you'll be walking through, fighting off oversized bugs and animals, large beasts known as Super Mutants, Centaurs (not man-horse breed, but things that i can only describe as mutated what-the-F***s) and sadistic survivalists who wish to make your life a living hell, all work together to build a realistic idea of what America would be after a nuclear war breaks out. This game takes place in a 1950's view of the nuclear future, which factors into the presentation of it, including shiny futuristic cars and a jolly radio station that plays 50s music.

I actually want to take time to admire the radio station. It is run by a DJ who calls himself Three Dog. He's energetic, exciting, and he is the voice of the Capital Wastelands that you will be roaming. He is who summarizes to you, the gamer, what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. He can either make you feel like an awful human being or a heroic inspiration to civilization. On top of that, the music that he plays for you and everyone else is a selection of cheerful music from the 1950's. Some might find this soundtrack as inappropriate for the mood of the game, but i find it to be brilliant. Think about it: if you were walking through a land of death trying to survive, wouldn't you want to listen to something that lightens the mood and takes your mind off of the loneliness of it all?

The story is of an individual, you, who escapes from his Vault (large underground bunker) to search for his dad who left without a trace. The storytelling of this game is immersive, getting you attached to characters within 15 minutes of meeting them. The twists and turns of this game are cinematic and exciting, and it has a few unforgettable moments. Throughout the game, you can make choices that can determined how you are viewed or approached, and you can be the deciding factor of what happens to certain settlements. No need to say you can play an important role in a large majority of the world. Despite the fact that this game has an array of choices you can choose from and many ways you can go about situations, the story and the ending don't really change for you, which takes away from the feeling that you do have control of your surroundings, but i don't mind, as the story is good anyways. Not to mention, even though there are many side missions you can partake in, and even though the open world is massive and with many places to discover, the game's story only takes about twenty hours to get through, which truly disappointed me.

There were some things that could have been improved about the gameplay. For one, this game gives you the option to view yourself in third person, but seeing as not only does your characters animation look sloppy when running and jumping and moving in general, and that it makes aiming at something a lot more difficult, you'd be spending most, if not all, of your time in first person anyways. It's a waste of a button that could've been put to better use. Speaking of aiming, while you can aim at enemies yourself, there's also a VATS system, which means the game will aim and attack for you. During melee fighting, this is a blessing, but when using a long ranged weapon or fire arm, depending on your ranks in these areas of combat, the VATS will just be a waste time.

The leveling up system is easy enough. Each time you level up, you get to chose what skills to improve on. If you realize you want more money or want to be a talker rather than a fighter, you could put more ranks in Barter and Speech. In comparison, if you want to raise hell and beat everyone you meet to a bloody pulp, you could put the ranks into Melee, Unarmed, Small Guns, etc. There are other useful ranks and it really gets you to think about what is most important to you and how you want to play, again adding on to the fact that you are not an overpowered god.

In conclusion, this is a game that everyone should play or at least attempt to play once. It's an experience you won't find in any other game. Is it a perfect game? No. But the flaws it carries don't take away from the overall enjoyment of it.
  17. Oct 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I remember being at Walmart back in mid 2009. I was looking for Grand theft Auto IV Liberty City stories but it wasn't there. I decided to try Fallout 3 and oh I was impressed. The intro was just amazing The whole Growing up in the vault was just great and it felt real too! (Does get repetitive after a couple playthroughs) when I got out that door and saw the world, I was astonished on how well done it was. The graphics were amazing. By far some of the best in any game of that time. Only thing that was a little off were the facial models but that is Bethesda's weak point. Examples Oblivion, Skyrim. The gameplay was pretty good and the game had some memorable characters in it. Like Mr. Burke, Moira Brown,etc
    The storyline was probably the best part in the game. Finding your dad (Liam Neeson) watching him die, looking for GECK, fighting for the purifier and Broken Steel that added to it.
    The combat wasn't bad but could have been better. I think the only reason that the Vats thing was thrown it was to make it seem like the first 2 Fallouts and to take your eyes away from the mediocre combat. The
    game wasn't really buggy for me. Sometimes I may get stuck in a rock but that's about it. So I really would give this game a 9.5/10.
    Graphics: 9/10 impressive, looked realistic except the faces. Huge improvement over Oblivion.
    Gameplay 8.5/10 pretty good. Combat could have been better.
    Story 9.5/10 one of the best stories in any game in my opinion. Though Broken Steel kinda twisted it a little.
    Fun: 10/10 I have spent over 150 hours in my latest playthrough and over 600 total hours. You still find new things and the game has high replay value.
    I also loved the music. Wished that they could've added more but it added to that 50s theme.
    Also get the goty edition if you ever buy it.
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a strong contender for the greatest game of the generation. Everything about the game, from the enemies, to the characters, to the settings, to the story, to the music, are all so captivating that, when combined with the atmosphere Bethesda have created, makes it near impossible to put the controller down. With story missions and side missions coming out of its ears, Fallout 3 will provide players with entertainment for months and is a truly amazing masterpiece. Expand
  19. Oct 18, 2013
    PROS:
    story
    V.A.T.S.
    weapons
    collectibles
    huge world
    characters
    voice acting
    enemies
    CONS:
    no iron sights
    you cant explore after the final quest
    glitches

much more pros i dont have the patience to discuss
  20. Sep 20, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played and also one of my favorites. It was the first open world game I ever played and looking back I was such a noob. But I love how there's this game inspired a lot of game devs to make open world games. There's just so much to do in this game, most side quests have a unique premise and have interesting NPC, this game has an epic soundtrack and great story. Lots of weapons with the energy weapons being my favorite. Simply put it I just love this game to death. Expand
  21. Aug 28, 2013
    Some days ago, my 7 years son asked me what was the better game I have ever played. I spent half an hour after that trying to explain what nuclear holocaust means.
  22. Aug 15, 2013
    Best game ever. Well perhaps shared top spot with Fallout New Vegas. Great character development, massive amount of great content, post apocalyptic setup and various ways to play. What else can you hope from a game?
  23. Aug 6, 2013
    My review for the amazing game known as fallout 3:

SINGLE PLAYER (STORY)- 10/10. an outstanding story that has the best backstory i have seen in years. it has great storytelling, and lots of side missions as well.
    GRAPHICS- 9/10. outstanding visuals, and great draw distance and ragdoll physics. character animations are very wooden, however.
    SOUND- 10/10. exceptional voice acting, and
    great sound effects. no problems here.
    GAMEPLAY- 8.5/10. combat is simple, but fun. can be very glitchy sometimes, but rarely takes away from the fun. no control issues.
    FUN FACTOR- 10/10. the best RPG i have played in a LONG time.
    OVERALL- 10/10
  24. Aug 5, 2013
    You have to get this game. It combines shooting, story, character interactions, and speaks to about every genre of gamer It's my favorite game of all time.
  25. Jul 30, 2013
    This is a game that will stand the test of time. Graphics 8.5/10 Story 9/10 Gameplay 9/10 Sound 8.5/10 Fun 10/10 Replay Value 10/10 If you want a game that will immerse you for hour's, then this is the game you want. The game will amaze you with an impressive open world, a great story, and interesting characters, I highly recommend this game to fans of Open World/RPG's. This is one of my favorite games of all time, the game is everything but linear as you can choose to follow the main story or go your separate way. the game does have some glitches but nothing game breaking. The enviroment has an amazing feel and the Capital Wasteland is one of the greatest places in Video game history, it has over a hundred quest's and most of them are very satisfying and don't just feel like a bunch of sidequests with no meaning. The game does a fantastic job with exploration and the replay value in this game is very high. Overall its a must buy game. Expand
  26. Jul 20, 2013
    Fallout 3 is in my opinion the greatest game Bethesda made ever (and they make loads of these)
    pros: story is great, combat, plenty of fun side missions, vats mode, customization, ammo is expensive and since caps are hard to come by early in the game though by the time you finish it you will be filthy stinkin rich) so you will be looting enemies and searching for ammo increasing your
    post apocalyptic survival feeling, rather good voice acting (it has Liam Neeson) dlc like broken steel or the pit
    cons:I said the story was great I never said it was life changing (like how you go from finding your dad to working on a science project, to fighting an evil government basically put into the game so it would have a villain) melee combat is rather bad, like skyrim there is a rather large count of bugs, dlc like mother ship zeta
    Once again Fallout 3 is the greatest of Bethesda's large collection of awesome games and if you don't buy I'l will find you and I will.............. KIDDING but seriously get it. NOW! THAT'S AN ORDER SOLDIER!
  27. Jul 20, 2013
    There isn't much more I can say than Fallout 3 is genuinely my favourite game of all time and that if you haven't played it, you are missing out. Buy this game!
  28. Jun 26, 2013
    This is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. It has great graphics, talented developers and voice actors, a deep and interesting main quest line, along with well written side quests and DLC. The open landscape is beautiful, and the time the developers put in to the smallest details makes the game, in my opinion, the game of the decade.
  29. Jun 23, 2013
    Fallout 3 is to this day the best game I have ever played. I went into it knowing surprisingly little about it and immediately fell in love with it. The way the combat is designed is the best possible way that shooting could be integrated into an RPG. The fact that the combat in the game is not like any conventional shooters does wonders for the game's actual experience, and the inclusion of VATS takes the combat from plain shooter to something so much more unique and special (not to mention fun). The RPG elements of the game are also some of the best I've ever played. The interaction between characters is interesting and engaging, and the way that people react to your character based on the impressions they have made from you is extremely impressive, especially since they retain their behavior long after your first encounter with them. Though the character models are certainly something that could be improved upon, the voice acting is so stellar it more than makes up for it. The voice acting is certainly the best of its time for this game. There has also never been a game that has encouraged exploration more than Fallout 3 in my opinion. Other games like Oblivion never really got me interested in the world enough to want to wander aimlessly for hours in search of something new. There is so much to see in the game if you take the time to see it, and so many valuable items to find, like alien pistols or specially designed sniper rifles. There is also the constant and engaging prospect of finding a wayward scavenger out in the wastes and getting the thrill of stealing from him or just killing him for his goods (if you know how to have fun, that is), as well as getting attacked by any number of dangerous foes from an Enclave ambush to a wandering Deathclaw. And from the exploration that you have, you can find any number of marked and unmarked quests like finding a Stradivarius violin for an old woman, stumbling across an "oasis of green in a depressing sea of brown" and talking to a mutated tree-man, and even things so small as getting a proposition to help a shady ghoul make ultra-potent narcotics. Everything a person could imagine could be found in Fallout 3 if you know where to look. This brings a ridiculous amount of playability to the game; I am still finding new things on my very first playthrough that I maxed out years ago. I must have logged over 200 hours in Fallout 3 by now and I am still thrilled to play it. The core storyline in the game is more engaging and interesting than most other games as well. The emotion that the story brings is so great, and the choices that the player has to make (in all quests, not just story quests) weigh so heavily that it is sometimes hard to decide what to do. The story and all of the stories hidden in the game are at the very least enthralling. Though it may be a cliche, Fallout 3 is more than a game; it is an experience. If any game deserves a 10/10, it's this one. Expand
  30. Jun 12, 2013
    this game is one of those classic games that you might pick up not knowing much about but end up just completely falling in love with. I highly recommended it to anyone
  31. Jun 5, 2013
    Great Shooter RPG! A interesting story and great RPG Elements. every 2 level a bonus)
    A big world full of interesting places and cool characters.
    And I LOVE THE RADIO Thrrreee- DOoog :D
  32. Jun 3, 2013
    It's hard to pick one, but I can safely say Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time. It's an open world of discovery in an ideal apocalyptic setting. I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours into it, but there is so much I haven't done (I only just got the last of the achievements).

The amount of loot and guns you can find is mind-boggling. The VATS system is innovative. Deaths are
    deliciously gruesome. True, there are glitches, but I think it adds seasoning and a little fun to the game (as well as a sense of dread). And did I mention the story? It's right up there close to the likes of Bioshock.

The only possible things that could be improved are the graphics and the ability to play with friends. But otherwise, zero complaints. Fallout 3 is the standard in gaming.
  33. May 17, 2013
    After Oblivion, I didn't think I could enjoy a game this much, but Fallout 3 completely blew me away. Quite possibly the best game I have ever played.
  34. May 14, 2013
    It's been almost 5 years since Fallout 3 came out and yet it remains my favourite game of all time. If you weren't already convinced by the list of prestigious award the game has won, the fact that in 5 years no other game has come close to giving me such an enjoyable experience should tell you all you need to know.

Listing all the game's qualities would take too long so I'm going to
    apply a broader approach to this review by simply telling you that you MUST buy this game. As long as you aren't a simpleton who needs a game to have shiny visuals to keep you entertained, you will LOVE this game. And I don't mean how you love chips, I mean actual, true love. To paraphrase Chad Michael Michaels from Blades of Glory, I could not love a human baby more than I love this game...

The world in which Fallout 3 is set is quite simply the coolest environment I've ever experienced in any game. It will draw you in and make you wish you could be part of a nuclear apocalypse (despite all the obvious draw-backs). The wild, mutated animals roaming the wasteland, the unique settlements and factions dotted around the map, the eccentric characters you meet, the amazingly rich side quests that have such a great story behind them that you will want to complete all of them; there is something around every corner that will make your jaw drop.

I am convinced that all the negative reviews this game has received on this website are from people who are either fans of the original Fallout games (Fallout and Fallout 2) who automatically wrote Fallout 3 off because it is so radically different from its predecessors, or people who are too impatient to play an RPG. So if you don't fall into either of those two categories, GO AND BUY THIS GAME. And even if you do, GO AND BUY THIS GAME.

Safe.
  35. May 7, 2013
    I was bored2my ass at the end of 2009, watched youtube videos of fallout 3, then decided I have to play this game, at that time my laptop was too crappy to run the game, I either should buy a new PC or a XBOX360 console (dont like PS3) and I went with XBOX360, and officially start my gaming hobby. So, this game is the reason why am i here, checking and rating video games.
    Rated 9 for GOTY
    version. Love the wasteland DC, so bloody violent, three dog is awesome. the beginning part of the game is the best among other games, directly took you into the character and the game sitting. Expand
  36. Apr 27, 2013
    Fallout 3 is without a doubt my favourite game of this console generation. I have put easily over 100+ hours into this game and I've enjoyed every moment of it. Fallout 3 is a game that encourages you to go off the beaten path and is far from a linear experience. While there is a clear main story, there are multiple ways to get to the end. Although, the side quests are where Fallout 3 shines. There are tons of marked and unmarked side quests that keep you exploring the Capital Wasteland. To a degree, Fallout 3 can also be a fairly emotional experience as well. In spite of the game being obviously fictional, I particularly enjoyed exploring the abandoned buildings and subway tunnels and reading up on the game lore and learning what led to the events that created the Fallout world.

The character creation is fairly detailed, you can choose between a male or female character in addition to several facial options. You can also customize your character as you progress to fit your play style. You can invest in points to increase your melee damage, increase your accuracy in VATS or raise your charisma if you prefer to talk yourself out of situations.

Furthermore, with the addition of the Broken Steel add-on the "ending" of the game is removed and you can continue to play and explore the world. There are also four other DLCs that contribute to the length of the game while giving you access to new perks, items and weapons. I occasionally ran into the odd technical glitch that ranged from a texture pop-in to the game outright freezing. I would highly recommend anyone who plays Fallout 3 to save often to avoid the latter occurring during their game and losing their progress.

Overall, Fallout 3 is truly a must have for any gamer who enjoys open world games and in spite of technical problems I experienced I have to give it a 10 out of 10 based on sheer amount of content that is packed into this game.
  37. Apr 20, 2013
    Easily one of my favorite games of all time! I could go into details why, but Fallout 3 is basically FUN and over 500 hours in-game kinda speaks for itself. A modern classic!
  38. Apr 18, 2013
    One of my top 5 games of all-time, great and huge open melancolic-postnuclear work of art, the graphics are good for the time it was released, with some bioshock silimiliarities in some parts, great scifi wasteland legend, love the liam neeson voice acting, sounds like god of heaven in your game
  39. Apr 16, 2013
    An all time classic video-game that must be played! Besides some glitches, there are no discerning issues. It's a near perfect game with an great plot, captivating game-play, and beautiful geography and music. 9.5/10
  40. Mar 23, 2013
    This is easily one of the best RPGs you'll ever play in your life. It plays well on Xbox and it even has amazing DLC. The GOTY edition is a must buy for any gamer
  41. Mar 5, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a game that is all about the atmosphere. The atmosphere created by Bethesda Studios in Fallout is, in my opinion, one of the most well made atmospheres in a game. This atmosphere is created and sustained through the vintage 1950's Cold War culture and a futuristic post-apocalyptic wasteland that can keep the player entertained and exploring for hours on end. With a solid game play system, including the V.A.T.S. stop time combat, Fallout 3 sets out to guide the player on an incredible quest of epic proportions, and succeeds brilliantly at doing so. Expand
  42. Jan 31, 2013
    Following the global atomic war of 2077 the US has been all but destroyed. Within one of many underground bunkers built to keep citizens safe however the residents still enjoy a life free from the Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers and Mutants. The game opens with your birth within this vault and quickly moves through pivotal moments in your childhood introducing the controls and concepts of the game along the way.
    During this introduction you discover that no one has left the vault in nearly 100 years yet just as you reach adulthood you awake one morning to discover that your father has left the comfort and security of your home. In trying to discover why you soon find that you yourself must leave and that is when Fallout 3 really begins.

As the vault door creeks open you get your first glimpse that the awe inspiring world that Bethesda have created. Abandoned towns, polluted rivers and mountain ranges stretch out before you and all are accessible at any point during the game. You soon realise that survival in this harsh new world will be tough.
    The main narrative of Fallout 3 is largely concerned with tracking down your father and learning his motivations for leaving the vault but as with all the best role playing games it is the side quests that really bring the game to life. These can be picked up from many of the characters that litter the wasteland and can often be completed in more than one way. Beware however that your actions will have consequences and can drastically change the game world you inhabit!

Combat itself is also largely successful. Gun and Melee attacks are performed in first person and while your ability to aim straight is important it is really your characters stats that decide how successful you are. Should you come up against a particularly difficult enemy you can thankfully rely on the VATS system. This allows you to pause the game and target specific body parts for a dramatic kill but needs time to recharge so must be used tactically. In a game this size there are of course going to be some minor bugs and flaws the most jarring of which is the inability to continue after completing the main quest. I was disappointed to not be able to complete the remaining side quests. It is very easy to overlook any slight problems however in a game as ambitious and good as Fallout 3.
  43. Jan 28, 2013
    One of the best RPGs on Xbox 360. You can start off on the main quest line but I can easily get sidetracked through exploring unknown location throughout the map. Yet again with any Bethesda RPG the odd glitch and bug but once you get past that you can truly appreciate what s superb game Fallout 3 really is
  44. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the greatest game I ever played. I spent a lot of hours of fun trying to solve every quest. It's awesome how much fun you can have playing this game. The DLC's are cool, I like the freedom this game gives you to explore the whole Capital Wasteland. It's awesome. Expand
  45. Jan 16, 2013
    Fallout 3
    Fallout 3 has to be one of the best games out to this date for the Xbox but, there are other games that are good, but this one has to be one of the best. The game was made by Bethesda Game Studios it is the third game out that is a Fallout game and this one has to be the best of the three. There is a new one out that is called Fallout new Vegas this is a good game but not as
    long as the older one Fallout 3. In the story, you play as a baby to start with and the world and had a war and in the war, an atomic bomb was used. A war so big that most people live in Vault underground you live in this vault with your dad and you see his life in the Vault for a bit of his life. Then your dad has gone missing he has left the Vault and is not around. You wake up and you are trying to find your dad, you get told by a friend that your dad has left the vault and you need to find him you try to leave the Vault the leader of the vault will not let you so you end up fighting your way out of the vault you leave all your friends and start trying to find your dad as you leave the vault you see the world as a waste land form the war. At this point, you can change the story and there are many things you can do you change the story from this point. As you walk around the wasteland, you meet people and you fight people who will try to kill you and there are monsters that will try to kill you as well but the idea of the game is to live and not die. And some point in the game depending on how you did the story you will find your dad who is trying to make you drink the water from a lake you help your dad do this but again you don Expand
  46. Dec 27, 2012
    This game confused me at first, and didn't seem like much. I went thru the early stage then the world was opened up to me, and i just didn't "get it". After coming back and trying it again with guidance from a wiki, I knew where to go, and what to do, and got in to a grove. Choices matter, there's ton of stuff to explore, but you don't need to find everything or do every mission if you don't want to. The RPG elements such as growing skills and building/repairing weapons is great for tailoring your gameplay to fit your preference, and the stories and side-quests are actually fun and interesting! The shooting and fighting isn't as tight as say Borderlands, but it holds its own, and the auto-targeting system (again, optional) helps get you out of any annoying jams where you can't catch an enemy in your aim (we're not all Call of Duty, combat ready with the thumbsticks, after all). It's also actually handy to be able to switch between first and third person whenever you wish as well. Try the GOTY version. Expand
  47. Dec 26, 2012
    The first fallout I have played, and I instantly became a fan. I like the whole skills, perks, and SPECIAL system, and even just how the game felt as I was playing. How you could be good or evil was also something I enjoyed (and I was always evil). Great open world game.
  48. Nov 14, 2012
    One of, if not the best game for the current generation. While having not played anything like this before this was a completely fresh idea to take the fallout series into the First Person RPG. The main story of the game is not great but it is just a drop in the ocean compared to the size and scale of the rest of the game. I could easily spent hours upon hours just exploring and coming across different things across the wasteland and have managed to have over 200 hours played across different save files. Every gamer should have played this game and at its current price you would be silly not to at least give this a try Expand
  49. Oct 29, 2012
    Fallout 3 masterfully creates a parallel universe for players to explore and lose dozens of hours in. No other game of this console generation comes close to offering the amount of content, freedom of choice, and level of immersion that can be found here.
  50. Oct 27, 2012
    Fans of Mad Max and science fiction should love this game. I had never played a RPG before and I loved it. I will warn people who have never played a RPG before that it is a long slog and you will spend a long time searching through boxes in the desolate wasteland, although you should love the action / first person rpg system.
  51. Oct 9, 2012
    It's a fact that RPG's are one of the most influential genres of all times. RPG's have given us a new way to immerse our selves in a world of interesting characters and epic stories. Although I am in the minority I think that RPG's of previous generations were far superior than now a days. I am not a fan of these modern RPG's like Mass Effect and Skyrim (before you flip out I admit they have some fun in them too). It was a big surprise to play 'Fallout 3'. I couldn't believe that this game would turn out the best yes the BEST RPG of this generation. Like other Bethesda games the lore in this game is amazing. Actually that is the main plus for me. Was the gameplay fun yes, the story yes but it was the artwork, secrets, ester eggs and the environment that hooked me to the game. The reason I prefer Fallout 3 than the modern RPG is the difficulty. Although people don't admit it modern day 'masterpieces' like Mass Effect and Skyrim are way too easy and need basic skill to beat (not all modern RPG are like this ex. Dark Souls). But Fallout 3 has survival horror in the mix which makes it more challenging, rewarding and in my opinion makes an overall better game. Some flaws of the game are the minor bugs,and the somewhat dated visuals. When it comes to gameplay this is similar to an FPS making it more surprising that I like it (I hate FPS mainly tks to COD). There are many guns and you always have the awesome V.A.T.S in your command. This awesome feature slow down time and lets you aim to specific body parts..The Characters in this game are all thought out and all are a bunch of fun to talk to. Another plus in this game is the side quests. Unlike Skyrim were you have hundreds of side missions here you have less but they are more thought out and in my opinion miles better than the retarded pointless miscellaneous tasks like Kill a troll quests in Skyrim. The Biggest problem in this game is for people without the GOTY edition or specifically broken Steel DLC. This is because some bonehead thought that you cant end the game and continue playing. You need to load a previous save data. This is luckily fixes in broken steel. Side note this idea of not allowing you to continue is so stupid this problem is also found in New Vegas and Rage. If you are buying this game and you should make sure to pick up the GOTY edition which has awesome DLC like two of my favorite DLC on the 360; Point Lookout and The Pitt. Not much is left to say other than BUY THIS GAME. All gamers should buy this game especially the Survival Horror and RPG fans!!! Expand
  52. Sep 11, 2012
    There's tons of first-person and third-person shooter games around these days, but Fallout 3 is 5th best shooter I've ever played after Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Snake Eater. The only problem I have with this game is that they went a little crazy on it being non-linear. A mini-map would have been nice to include in the gameplay, for example.
  53. Sep 3, 2012
    A fantastic post apocalyptic RPG with an extremely addictive personality. Fallout stands up to Oblivion and may even surpass it. It has some of the best open world exploration that gaming has to offer
  54. Aug 14, 2012
    Every once in awhile you get a new game that completely sucks you in, and you become completely immersed in a world for hours on end. Other games eventually follow that are similar, and might even have better graphics, but these "landmark" games are the ones that rejuvenate your gaming enthusiasm and will always stick with you. This is one of those games, and I haven't even played the DLC. Four years after the initial release, I'm still thinking about picking up the GOTY edition and having another playthrough. Expand
  55. Aug 6, 2012
    2008 game of the year and did it diserve it hell yes the game is slower than fallout new vegas thats why the newer fnv newcomers dont like it i played the first fallouts and this one was a welcome revival to the series
  56. Aug 1, 2012
    Fallout 3 is possibly even better on the Xbox than on the PS3. It is the greatest gaming experience ever created, and blows all other game series out of the water.
  57. Jul 19, 2012
    Excellent choice of character customisation in Fallout 3, not to mention the a bright green warhawk haircut! Many other awesome features are included; my favourite being the sense of awe that's experienced whenever the game is played. Also, with the Bloody Mess perk; gore has never been so good.
  58. Jul 11, 2012
    I bought the GOTY edition,and must say that this is the only RPG I have gotten all of the DLC for and played through it all. I'm actually reconsidering buying the GOTY edition for my PS3 as well just to play it all over again. Absolutely great RPG by Bethesda.
  59. Jul 3, 2012
    This is one of my all time favorite games, the story, gameplay, and sound all stand out in this title. There is so much stuff to do that you will spend well over 100 hours finishing side quests and exploring. The combat is unique to where a blend of turn based action with shooter mechanics fleshes out a new combat style. The environments are beautiful, including all the DLC which adds to the already massive and immersive fallout world. The VATS finishing kill cams never get old no matter how long you play. There is just so much good content in this single game that even without the DLC it will satisfy you for hour on end. The DLC is just icing on the cake. Even though its aged you should buy this game. Expand
  60. Jul 1, 2012
    I expected more when I first played Fallout 3, it wasn't as harsh or bleak as I expected. However replaying it for the second time with all the DLC included it kinda of grew on me and is one of best games I have ever played.
  61. Jun 30, 2012
    What is there not to love about Fallout 3, there is a real sense of achievement playing this game which rewards you when u level up and get perks which means you can make the player the way you want whether you want him to talk his way out of most things or do high damage in melee to explosion expert its up to you. The scenery in the game is amazing a pure work of art and the design of the wastelands monsters are original and well designed. the feel of the 1950s retro America just adds a nice touch to the feel of the game and for me made it more enjoyable to play.The big thing i love about this game is ur karma, do good deeds you get good karma and people treat you better and sometimes give you ammo where s if u go around killing people you get bad karma which will make people treat u differently and sometimes attack you. The story line is pretty good tho i wish it was longer and enjoy the way the game literally begins when you are being born. over all this is a fantastic game which u will love right to the end and if you haven't already bought it i would advise that u did Expand
  62. Jun 12, 2012
    This game is THE best game I'VE ever played. I love this game so much, I've spent alone 100 hours on one save file, this excludes the four other save files I have for this game. This game was my first RPG game that I had ever played, and still my favorite. At first when I played the game, I escaped the Vault and didn't know where to go after it. So I quit playing the game and eventually ended up selling it. After a chat with my friend about the game, he changed my mind and I thought I would give it another try, and boy was I glad he changed my mind. I started off a new file just so I could remember everything that happened. The reason I quit the first time was because I didn't know where to go or what to do. (Note: This was my first RPG so give me a break) After I left the Vault on my new file, I found Megaton right away, and after that I was hooked. The story, the characters, the big opened wasteland, the weapons. I beat the main story in about 4 hours. I knew I had to get the GOTY edition because I wanted to enjoy this game more. I got it and man I didn't think it was possible to be blown away even more than I already was. I don't want to keep babbling on about how awesome this game is because than you probably won't want to read this, but this game is a MUST buy, because you will love it! Expand
  63. May 24, 2012
    One of the best games ive ever played. Beautiful open massive enviroment with so many locations to discover that arnt even part of the main quest. Its a game for explorers who like to just delve into a huge world filled with all sorts to discover and collect. Great leveling system and the perks you can chose give each character an individual and unique feel. Cant express enough how massive the game world is and being totally open you can chose which direction to walk and press forward for hours before hitting the end of the map. But you dont have to walk too far to find a new location to explore or monsters and raiders to fight. 10/10 any rpg fans dream game. This is skyrim/oblivion with guns and a future feel to it Expand
  64. May 22, 2012
    I've been gaming for years so I've played loads of great games but for me fallout 3 is top of my list. I'm on my third play thru and it's just fresh each time. Was so disappointed with new Vegas and hated how reviewers kept saying the graphics we're like fallout 3. They weren't, fallout 3 graphics were far better.
  65. May 20, 2012
    Fallout 3 is a well made game witch was loved by so many people and still is today. I know the history of Fallout series and it has had up and downs with it. Bethesda has brought Fallout back from the dead and winning Game of The Year 2008. Fallout 3 has great combat, great story line and I don't know why people would give a 6 or any other low score. It's a must buy. Fallout 3 9.9/10
  66. May 15, 2012
    I don't know how much time I've spent putting into this game, but it was worth it. The GOTY edition makes this such a great value. The DLC is, for the most part, fun and interesting. But now on to the actual game: it's great. The story was good (not great, just good) and the quests are some of the best I've played since Oblivion. There are usually multiple ways to go through each one, begging for you to make a new character to go a different way in each. The Wasteland is fun to explore the first few times; after you've gone around it with a few characters, you know where everything is which greatly diminishes the exploration. This is something I can really yell at the developers for. The RPG elements aren't as strong as I would've liked, but they are still there and apparent. Perks are a great addition as well. Now for the negative: the graphics aren't really any different from Oblivion, it can be buggy at times, and sometimes it can get repetitive.
    Still though, Fallout 3 is a great game that I wholly recommend to any RPG fans. The GOTY edition is the way to go here, though. Take out the DLC and I'd knock this down to an 8.5.
  67. May 5, 2012
    Fallout 3 is beautiful example of how less can be more. In a post-apocalypse environment, the feeling of isolation and desolation this game successfully portrays is essential to pull the player into that world. Some have complained the game is sparse, so would life be after such events. The graphics are good, but the heavily glitchy nature keeps them from being great. The music and soundtrack are one of the best out there, period. The balance of amusing vintage American and tense thematic background create a constantly changing mood that lasts right through the 40 or 50 hours you can log. The storyline is compelling and goes from the slow searching to a feverish paced finally, a very rewarding finish, even without the DLC expansion. This game is random exploration heaven and apart from some mechanics issues, a completely enveloping experience. Expand
  68. Apr 30, 2012
    Whilst Skyrim feels like a cheap, by the numbers cash-in designed for nothing more than raking in people's dollar from pre-orders, Fallout 3 (GOTY ed) is a superbly crafted game, and the effort + skill put into this top notch package is evident throughout. The main reason the game works so well is because the game's environment, and subsequent discoveries you make throughout exploring it, really draw you in and submerse you with ease - the capital wasteland has so much character that you can't help but fall in love with it. Everything about the game fits and works well too, from the leveling system to the VATS combat system which, although it may take a little time to get used to, never gets old. The atmospheric terminator-esq music helps draw you in too, and a lot of the quests actually require you to keep pushing on throughout the wasteland instead of being simple fetch quests (although there are a few of those in there) - which again enhances that desire to explore further. The RPG aspect does still lack - again it's a case of there not being that much choice available (although there is still SOME choice available, more than Skyrim). But the game is no weaker for it, and a game which is all about exploration in a ruined wasteland manages to nail that right on the nose. It can be a bit buggy at times, and it can also be a tad repetitive, but overall it just works and it works superbly. Definitely one to put at the top of your shopping list. Expand
  69. Apr 8, 2012
    i love this game. it has so much to offer. the free roaming is awesome. it may start off a bit difficult but eventually all of that will balance out. its a great game. i know i'm in the minority, but i enjoy the fallout series even more than the elder scrolls series. i don't know what it is but i think that this game just offers something that clicked more with me than skyrim or oblivion.
  70. Apr 6, 2012
    The game is amazing. That is all that needs to be said. The graphics are not quite Frostbite 2 status, but every Bethesda game kinda doesn't have the best graphics. Reason being, a game that long with amazing graphics would either break the laser eye reader or be two discs long. But the game is very long. If you want to sit down to play it for a little while, at least make it to the Wasteland. You could play 30 hours straight no problem. The only reason I could see the game being rated badly is because whoever sated it hadn't gotten to where it is explained. However the game is at least a must-play-through for all. Expand
  71. Mar 19, 2012
    Masterpiece of modern gaming. Bethesda crafted a unique game which remains an excellent homage to the original Fallout series. Almost 4 years after its release and I can still pick it up and enjoy it again and again. It would not surprise me if I had 300+ hours of play time into it. It's just that good.
  72. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I would give this a 10, but I thought the ending was really dumb. I'll rant first about that then heap on praise. For example why couldn't Fawkes do it again? Or the robot? Or the girl who hasn't done anything ever? And why does the game end if I don't die? Broken steel really saved it and made it a better (if less impactful), but also more sensible ending. The game itself is really fun, open, hilarious, engaging, and amazing. Walking around DC is really cool, seeing actual buildings and locations and how they have changed. The main plot is also engaging and the side missions are often hilarious and really fun. There are some issues such as framerate and freezing, but not enough to effect the score. Expand
  73. Feb 14, 2012
    What a ride, an amazing story with tons of "what am i going to do here.." moments, you can really play the game the way YOU want to but every descesion comes with a aftershock
  74. Feb 8, 2012
    When I picked up this game in 2009 I didn't know anything about it, but now after having put hundreds of hours, multiple playthroughs, and having done everything in the this game and New Vegas it has opened me up to RPG genre. It is to date The 2nd best RPG ever made, after Skyrim. With countless opportunities, missions, things to do, and a compelling storyline. It earns its 10 from me with a bang. Expand
  75. Feb 1, 2012
    the best game in fallout series so far. It will confine you with endless hours, and many interesting stuff that you can wander around and discover yourself. It is not so hard to understand why this game won the title GOTY 2008, although there are many other potential candidate. Just play and don't get yourself killed or absorb too much radiation in there :)
  76. Jan 4, 2012
    Best fallout ever made so far.Fallout 3 has allot of great dlc,and the graphics and story are superb.if you love rpg's and fps's you'll feel right at home with fallout 3.
  77. Dec 13, 2011
    This game was an amazing game, even with all the bugs and glitches the game still delivers, in my opinion one the best Role Playing Games ever, there real'y isn't anything like it, the game is perfect.
  78. Nov 25, 2011
    This is one of my favourite games of all time, the sheer amount to do and discover is ridiculous, and everything you do feels so rewarding. The DLC after release was also very good, yet again Bethesda delivered a cracking experience which I can say I have easily spent over 100 hours playing
  79. Nov 22, 2011
    My favorite game on the Xbox 360. Huge game world to explore, lots of quests to do, flawless voice-acting and great setting. Even though it has its issues, like the third-person camera and the not perfect combat, it's still an awesome game, that will consume a lot of your time.
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    Now, to start off, this is my first review i've ever done. Honestly to, I don't really intend to do more reviews, but this game...it needs to be said how great it is. Also as another note, this game isn't for everyone. Though, I believe, if you give it a try and really go deep in its immersive story, incredibly characters, addicting gameplay, and amazing quests, anyone can enjoy this great game. This review won't contain any spoilers or even any real plot elements, just my thoughts on the game itself and how I came to get it. About a year ago, just when summer started, I remember that I was on youtube looking at random game footage from several different games, when I saw the E3 2008 cinematic trailer for this game. As I remember, I never went and looked up any game footage, but that trailer really did intrigue me. As so-called fate would have it, my sister asked me if I would take her to GameStop to pick up Scribblenauts for her DS, while there I noticed in a small bargain bin, there was Fallout 3, in there for only $15. I wasn't sure if I really did want it, since I only saw the trailer, but for the first time in my life I took a blind chance on a video game and bought it. I came home, put it in my Xbox and...wasn't impressed. I was lost in the beginning, didn't know how to leave "the vault" and was, honestly, annoyed. A few days later I would come back and finally finish it, which wasn't hard at all really, then the doors of the vault opened, and I was blown away. I remember just walking around for about 2 hours, not knowing what to do or where to go, all I did was just explore, and was so happy I could do this in a game. Eventually I stumbled onto a town called "Megaton" (which I obviously now realize I was supposed to go there anyway) and met the sheriff there, who I tried to me nice to, since now that I know what this game is set in I was afraid he'd kill me if I said the wrong thing! My first time seeing a ghoul, genuinely scared me, but with a character like Gob I felt so sorry for him, and thats one thing you'll notice that this game does to you, it gives you a real emotional connection with the characters in this game. Anyway though, that was my story of how I found Fallout 3 and my first time playing it. But thats not a review, is it? This game, took more then 300 hours of summer time from me, and honestly, i'd do it again if I was given the choice to go back in time. By the time I beat the game the first time through, I felt bad that I had only paid $15 for this game, it has something for truly anyone that likes to play video games. This is honestly one of my all time favorite games, for this reason in particular: When I had my 300 hour fill of fallout, I had beaten the game through twice, with broken steel added to both files, and I was done then. I didn't return to the game, until recently, I missed being able to explore the wasteland, finding new things and seeing new sites, even making a few companions to travel with (my favorite feature!). So I started playing as a villain and it was like I was re discovering everything from my playthroughs a year ago, and none of the fun has been diminished. Thats why this game should have a spot in the best games of all time, even after so much time has gone by, and playing through the game multiple times, you can still come back and find hours of enjoyment from this masterpiece. If you, well like video games, then at least try and rent this game, play from the true beginning, not from someone else's half way save file. I would also highly recommend getting broken steel, since you can then continue after you have finished the game, or the game of the year edition, since it supposedly has the DLC already installed. Nonetheless, this is a masterpiece, I fell in love with this game, and if you give it a chance, you can to. This truly deserves a 10/10, hopefully this helped someone out there decide on this game, if not, it was nice to tell my small story. Expand
  81. Nov 17, 2011
    One of the best RPG's out there. A must buy for all fans of the genre. This game is perfect for fulfilling your sadistic and violent urges as you can shoot off limbs and make peoples heads explode. You can even nuke a town in one mission! The missions are varied and interesting. There are many ways to complete each mission whether you want to be good and help people or cause suffering. An example would be a man who has become stuck inside a tree, he wishes for you to end his life. You can shoot his heart (good) or set fire to him and make his death slow(evil). Your actions in the game will influence the massive world around you, some people will become hostile towards you for some deeds but commend you for others.The Game of the Year edition is fantastic as it adds new quests, one of which is tedious and annoying, and there is no escape once you start. so not a perfect game, but very close. The ability to customise what you look like and what you wear are also a nice aspect of the game. Expand
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    What Fallout 3 is, is a fully fleshed out world. It has a tone unprecedented in the video game medium of this console generation. Science fiction mixed with an mid 20th century vibe gives a strange yet refreshing feel to the game. Here is why I think Fallout 3 deserves a 10:

- Story
    You wake up one morning and to find your father has escaped from the underground vault you've been living
    in, the one people say no-one ever enters or leaves. This introduces you to the world of Fallout well, and your primary mission throughout the majority of the game is to find him which this slowly changes as you get caught up in the struggle for civilization and power. While I find the story to be stellar, what really came shining through to be story wise and the sub-plots within side missions and the moral dilemmas within those. Finding an old lady's ancestor's violin could only be fun in Fallout 3 because of the way it fits in with and teaches you about the fiction. Playing Fallout 3 feels like your carving your own story into the wasteland, as opposed to a pre-determined one. I finished the story after around 60 hours (And have gone on since to about 100 hours before I moved onto other games).

-Gameplay
    Fallout 3's gameplay, though quirky and not without glitches, is fun. Shooting mechanics are decent and get the job done. When playing Fallout 3, I slowly became dependent on the VATS system because of how much easier it is to hit targets using it. Weapon spread can feel way too high to FPS fans, especially to ones who've been playing Call of Duty at 60 frames per second which has laser like precision and speed. Weapons can take damage and need to be repaired, as with apparel, adding an interesting element to the game. Exploration is rewarding (literally, you get experience points!) and the vast number of places you'll find when wandering randomly is staggering. These places wont be empty, loot and even quests are to be found in the most barren looking of places. There is also a multitude of ways to deal with any given situation. By customizing your character, you can decide what kinds of ways to will deal with situations. Will you spend skill points on Science skills to access the computer and disable the turret in the next room? Or will you spend them on Weapon skills and go in the room guns blazing? This is a simple example to illustrate the freedom you have to deal with situations. You are confronted with moral choices throughout your stay in the wasteland, and at times you may feel the need to steal from friendlies to survive. Through customizing your character, not only does it give to choices but it also makes your character feel unique to the point you doubt anyone else in the world has a character exactly like yours, which is most likely the case. You are free to save pretty much at all times, and this may seem like an asset, but knowing the if you screw up and make a bad decision you can return to a save not to far back does make the experience a little less immersive. It does mean you can experiment with social bounds and immoral decisions in the game though, which is fun.

-Graphics
    Understandably, being a game of this scale, this isn't the fastest running game nor the greatest looking one. The graphics aren't bad. At times, though far and few between, I would even go as far to say they're good. Being post apocalyptic, there's not much color on the palette and the game can feel a little dreary at times, however this adds to feel of Fallout and further establishes its tone. The skyboxes look incredible. Though it's something few pay attention to, I'm sure every one will look up at night and feel as though it's dark in the real world. Stiff animation does make the game feel sluggish however. But its unmatched graphical style is enough to pull it through on the graphics end of things.

In conclusion, Fallout 3 is just a game that you have to play to comprehend how good it is. Every element of the game works in unison to produce something with an underlying tone and incredible immersion. People may be skeptical of buying a game 3 years of age, but be assured, this is a masterpiece and you don't want to miss it.
  83. Nov 12, 2011
    Without a doubt my favorite game of all time, the most intense, original, creative, enjoyable, lengthy, spontaneous gaming experience I have ever had. I must have spent over 300 hours on this game and look back on every second fondly.
  84. Nov 11, 2011
    Greatest Game of All Time. As a fan of the series since it first began in 1997, I couldn't have been happier with the return of the Fallout series in 2008. I have logged over 250 hours on this game in the three years since I have purchased, and it simply never gets old. The story, although not as original as the previous 2 games, was quite enthralling. The gameplay is fantastic (especially VATS mode) and the graphics are stellar (for its time of course.) The game world is enormous, filled with dozens of quests and hundreds of locations to explore. Truly, it is easy to get sucked into Fallout 3 and log 100 hours in a single epic playthrough. 10/10 Expand
  85. Nov 11, 2011
    Out of all the games I have played, Fallout 3 is among the best. In terms of gameplay VATS never gets old and the wide variety of possible play styles mean that there are multiple ways to do the same thing; thus resulting in an astoundingly high level of replay-ability. The dreary and destroyed Capitol Wasteland coupled with some excellent sound design conjurer up a mood that perfectly meshes with the story and game as a whole. In conclusion with its numerous quests, locations, and interactions Fallout 3 is an experience that you can sink hundreds of hours into and still be begging for more. Expand
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a really good game and is a must buy. I wish they patched some of the glitches in this game but you cant patch all the glitches in RPG's. I loved this and I would highly recommend buying this.
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a amazing and noone should pass it up. It's a great evolvement from Oblivion, which was also fantastic. Good questing and other such stuffs.
  88. Nov 8, 2011
    Despite a glitch for every hour of gameplay, you'll forgive it for the compelling multi-arching story, the expansive world to explore, and the interesting characters. Fallout 3 will keep you wandering the wasteland for days, gathering every little artifact, talking to every NPC, and shooting every mutated thing for the ever-valuable XP so you can again level up and chase the next perk.
  89. Oct 25, 2011
    An absolute essential to any gamers repertoire. If you don't have Fallout 3, then you need to go and get it ASAP. You can get the GOTY edition now for 25$ brand new. That is a huge deal. For a game that offers hundreds of hours of entertainment, that is a steal.

Go and buy Fallout 3 right now, you will not regret it.
  90. Oct 23, 2011
    Fallout 3 is an amazing game, with so many choices to make, quests and extra DLC to play and a variety of weapons, companions and essentials to choose from. An easy 10/10.
  91. Oct 19, 2011
    This is an awesome game with a good story and lots of action and it is one of my favorite games so bravo!! And the game is extra good because you finally can choose who you want to be.
  92. Oct 10, 2011
    What ever your opinion on Fallout games before this, you need to rethink your ideas. If you thought oblivion was good (or bad) there is no denying this is an excellent game. If your not sure whether to but this game, let me put it to you this way WWW.AMAZON.COM, £15, thats it for a thirty hour game and five peices of DLC worth 800msp each. Although it can be frustrating at times and sometimes youll want to puch your console for megafailing at killing a deathclaw and i can tell you before you do something you may regret SAVE, i can tell you how much i've wanted to kill everyone in the game but to do that would be foolish,not if you had a save before though... either way this game is unquestionably good and for everyone ou there, all you have to do is install and no more bugs/glitches!!! FALOUT FTW!!! Expand
  93. Sep 24, 2011
    With Fallout 3 they took everything great about Oblivion and made it TEN TIMES BETTER. Not a surprise that this was awared so many GOTY rewards. Ignore the negative reviews of this MASTERPIECE, buy this game!
  94. Sep 16, 2011
    have never been a huge fan of the rpg genre but fallout 3 changes the way I look at rpgs this is one of the most brilliant, deep, enthralling and in depth game I have ever played. First off this game's areas just really add to the Post Apocalypse feel of the game the broken roads and destroyed buildings in the city really show how much effect the war had on the Capital Wasteland all this gives the game a very realistic post of Apocalypse feel. The game also gives the player alot of freedom once the player progresses through first few main quests the player can do whatever he/she wants let that be roam around the capital wasteland killing people and monsters, going around discovering locations, finding sidequests, trying to find and buy weapons and or just continue on with the main quest. The game also gives the player a choice of what way the player wants to play there are 3 skills the player can choose in the start portion of the game which will allow him/her to choose his 3 top skills so the player can actually go ahead and base his combat skills on Melee Fighting, Shooting or the player can base his combat skills on the good old fashion way by his fists ofcourse by using fist gaunlets which the player can find at various locations throughtout the game. The game also has alot of perks giving the player more special abilities. On top of that there are other skills like Speech and Barter which can allow the player to avoid doing some tasks in particular quests or forcing the NPCs to pay them a larger sum for their services. There are also skills like Lockpick and Science that will allow the players lockpick locks and hack computers respectively both of these skills are necessary for some sidequests. Even though the game doesn't have that many sidequests they are also reasonably long and rewarding and all the sidequests vary in alot of different ways For example in one you will be going through the subway to kill some Fire Ants, in another one you will be going to various different places to gather research for a book someone is planning to write and in another quest you will be given a mercenary or assassin's contract to kill or assassinate people. However you can solve these quests in a number of different ways as well like for example you can force the book author to stop thinking about writing a book or you can give her false researh information, and in the mercenary contract quest you can lie to the person who hired you for killing about killing the people who were told to kill when you actually did not kill them, and turn your back on the person who gave you the contract in the first place and kill him instead. The game also has alot of enemy variety there are animals like wild dogs, bears and mole rats, monsters like the super mutants, Feral Ghouls and the Death Claws and thugs like the Raiders and there are tons of places which you can explore and some of those places have a hidden special weapon, item or armor which the player would love to get his hands on the enemy A.I leveling up scale has also been done well in this game. There is also alot of weapon variety in this game. The player can go around killing people in VATS in which the player chooses which parts of the body of the enemy to hit and each hit consumes AP points which refills after the player uses VATS that is definitely the best part about the game's combat however real time gun combat can be frustrating because of the aiming and shooting does not seem that well polished however the real time combat works fine when Melee or Unarmed weapons are being used. The game's story is good and serviceable but it could have been so much better the story started out so well and sucked me in the game than it just lost its momentum and in the end it just ended up being a war between the BoS and the Enclave over the Washington DC and the ending was really disappointing to me. The games soundtrack is a great kickback to the 1930s and 1940s I would have ever listened to those Gems if it wasn't for this game as far the Voice acting goes it is clear it was done by a small cast but they still did a good job just don't expect stellar voice acting you see in games like GTA, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect. The graphics of the game are not up to today's standards but that is still understandable considering how huge this game is. The game also has some bugs and glitches but I have not had that many crashes or any corrupt files there were bugs like slow down, texture and frame-rate pop ins from time to time and sometimes characters just disappeared or floated in thin air but that is particularly the fault of the old and dated Oblivion engine Bethesda used in this game. In the end despite its minor drawbacks Fallout 3 is great Sci-Fi post apocalypse game just waiting to reveal its dark secrets and sucking you in its world Fallout 3 is just amazing. 9.5/10. Expand
  95. Aug 19, 2011
    This game is so massive and epic,even without the DLC's! But with'em your looking at a game of epic per-portions. Loved every second of this awesome game. One of the greatest open world games all time period.
  96. Aug 15, 2011
    Simply put, one of the best RPG's made so far. It's content-packed, ever-exciting, post-apocalyptic world is always fun to explore, and it's members are always fun to shoot. The DLC makes the game even better.
  97. Aug 1, 2011
    Unreal, this game is just spectacular!!!! Leaves you breathless and the story has no match. This is the one and only game that matches to Oblivion with the exception of Mass Effect games. This is unlike all, this is stunning. 11/10 greatest RPG for me I really enjoyed it!!!!!
  98. Jul 28, 2011
    If you liked Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; you will like Fallout 3 and its similarities to Oblivion!!! It is one of my favorite games of all time only beaten by the Mass Effect series and Knights of the Old Republic. Fallout 3 has realistic visuals, a dark open post-apocalyptic world, immersing story , and cool morality system!! The only problems is the bugs and glitches , but I recommend you to buy this awesome game!! Expand
  99. Jul 12, 2011
    Ok. This game is AWSOME! Yes, the game has it flaws. Many of them too. Damn many. But that cant drag the game down. It is just too good. Yes, it is like it was made to be buggy. Yes, the thing that you cant chose how the ending shall be is also very bad. Ad that you cant support the bad guys in an winning way. But it cant drag it down. It is just too good. First time you play the game, you will play it without thinking about how long you have played. And neither will you the 4 next times. The game has still very many flaws, but it is not bug enough to destroy for it. It is the best game i have played. Not my favorite game, but the best still. That is with the Broken Steel pack. Without it is kinda a downturn at the end. But still, it deserves a Expand
  100. Jul 11, 2011
    The begining of this game was sooo slow and I almost stopped playing, but I continued knowing it had to get better, and it did. The moment the game completely captured me was the moment the character walks out of the vault. the landscape was amazing, the map huge, the gameplay endless. I rented the game at first then I bought the GOTY edition and never before have I gotten my moneys worth from a game. 160 hours and I am still playing. Expand
  101. May 28, 2011
    this game is amazing
    the graphics are very considering the scale of the game and how big it is
    the the combat which is in an FPS style is very satisfying combined with the VATS (a cool way to stop the action and pick away at certain parts of the enemy like the head)
    the story is very engrossing and has some very memorable moments
    however the game can be very unforgiving , there can be some
    situations where you have a crap gun no bullets and like 10 health and have nowhere to go because there are enemies everywhere , so you die a lot in those circumstances but either way just play the game oh and get the GOTY edition because it has all the DLC and adds a lot to the game Collapse

1. Fallout 3 is an experience in itself, and while it may not offer as much replay value as Oblivion, it’s so much more then an “Oblivion with guns”.
    From the hollow wind blowing down through subway tunnels, to the radioactive dust clouds swirling throughout the wasteland, up to the buzzards circling the encampment where the bodies of 30 slave traders lie; Fallout 3 is as much a game as it is a training sim for the coming apocalypse.
  3. In fact, Fallout 3 is leaner and meaner than Bethesda's previous efforts, less expansive but more intense, while still offering immense replay value and quite a few thrills along the way.