Fallout 3 Xbox 360

8.5

1. Dec 4, 2016
    Absolutely Amazing game only dwindled by the terrible aiming mechanics. Great role-playing with a spectacular story, memorable characters and fun survival aspects.
  2. Nov 20, 2016
    My perspective here may not seem the same as many others mainly because I had played this game for the first time several years ago and had gotten stuck within the first half hour or so and then ended up playing Fallout 4 on Xbox One soon after it was released for that console. My review here would be different if I had played this Fallout game (Xbox 360) for several hours and had madeMy perspective here may not seem the same as many others mainly because I had played this game for the first time several years ago and had gotten stuck within the first half hour or so and then ended up playing Fallout 4 on Xbox One soon after it was released for that console. My review here would be different if I had played this Fallout game (Xbox 360) for several hours and had made significant progress before playing Fallout 4 on Xbox One. Since I had played that for several hours and made significant progress before doing the same on Fallout 3 for (Xbox 360), I can't help but compare this to Fallout 4 on Xbox One which may make it easy for me to be overly critical here.

The game play / controls for this game do seem a bit dated when comparing to Fallout 4 on Xbox One. For starters, you can't sprint unless your weapon is holstered. This is especially frustrating and impractical when you wish to get behind cover or simply run away from enemies while engaged in combat. You can't always successfully fight back while in the open especially when you're outnumbered or outgunned. Secondly, you can't aim down the sight of any weapons, (even rifles) which is especially important or needed when shooting from far away. Holding the left trigger will only zoom in on the target a little bit and this is not nearly as effective as using your sight unfortunately since your still looking at the same cursor. This brings me to my second point. The cursor will only light red while aiming at a target when your approximately thirty feet away. This is also frustrating and impractical considering enemies will more likely be able to attack your or shoot you several times before you can do any real damage to them. It also doesn't help that you weapon will not fire until the right trigger is held down practically all the way for most weapons. This is especially frustrating since it makes it that much easier to miss your target and, in a game where ammo can be scarce at times, this makes achieving progress in certain areas that much more challenging when ammo is required to successfully win in combat. What makes the game a little easier but still somewhat unrealistic is that the A.I. is not nearly as intelligent as those in Fallout 4 on Xbox One. Feral Ghouls are especially a good fit for this example as they will walk out from a room or area and attack you and then run back from where the came from. This should look silly to most games although they can at least breathe a sigh of release if there health or ammo happens to be low at that particular time. Also, the stealth bar on the top center of the screen is not nearly as helpful or innovative as the one in Fallout 4 on Xbox One. In that game, the brackets will move closer to the center of the word indicating how soon or likely an enemy will be alerted and the word will change to caution once they are alerted. Once the word changes to caution, the brackets will move closer to the center of the word indicating how likely they will actually spot you and that attack you soon after.

The rest of the game play should mostly fit or seem fairly comparable to that of Fallout 4 on Xbox One. Your character still has a pip boy on his wrist to access his status including at least health points and radiation, skills, attributes, items including weapons, aid, miscellaneous or junk and also quests and both the local and world maps. The controls are somewhat similar in that you have access to the V.A.T.S. targeting system which involves which target to shoot at, where to shoot them and also how many times to shoot them and the ability to switch targets as well. Targeting specific body parts is especially helpful should you wish to wound them but not kill them. The story is pretty similar in that your involved in an open world role playing game but this time, you're in Washington D.C. instead of Boston. What's also different is that you're looking for your Dad and ultimately the truth as to why he intentionally disappeared instead of looking for your son who was captured. Both of these instances occur fairly early in the game's story-line and gives you motive to not only survive, but also seek answers from those you encounter around the capital wasteland or areas within.

Game play / controls aside, the sound in this game should meet a gamer's standard expectations or possibly even exceed their expectations. The sound of the game could get mixed reviews. Although most of the weapons and enemies sound realistic, your character has no voice in this game. This is not necessarily a huge let down but misses out on some added realism offered in Fallout 4 on Xbox One.

This game is worth your while whether you're experienced for this genre or not but it may seem underachieving when comparing to the much newer Fallout 4 on Xbox One. The stories are somewhat similar. The game play may be far different in some ways although this should't detract from how enjoyable it is in it's own right regardless.
  3. Sep 30, 2016
    Shotguns. One of the types of guns there are, but there aren't much shotguns at all. In fact, including the other DLC's there are only three types of shotguns it seems. I'm just going to hope that there will be more shotguns, or at least more things to do to help modify it to my liking.
  4. Jun 7, 2016
    When this game came out, it was better than sex. Seriously, I played through this game literally 9 times and only cheated once so that I could get the Experimental MIRV early in the game for... an experiment. This game was like sex, except I had it.
  5. Jan 15, 2016
    Play this game in 2016, and what i have been missing. An awesome game and with the dlc´s a long and very good one.

Everything you can want in an action/adventure/fps game
  6. Jan 6, 2016
    About a decade after it was released, Fallout 3 is still one of the most fun, immersive video games ever produced -- a terrific blend of role-playing games, open world adventures and first-person shooters in a beautifully-realized post-apocalyptic setting. It is easy to get the hang of and incredibly addicting once you do.

There's a pretty compelling main storyline but as in the best

There's a pretty compelling main storyline but as in the best open world games, you can also just explore and generally dick around without incurring any penalty if you'd rather do that. The gameplay mechanics, especially the "VATS" combat system, are fun and the writing and voice acting are solid. There's all manner of amusing, eccentric characters to meet and several fearsome badguys to fight. You gotta love that wacky, old-time music on the radio too.

The Washington, DC setting is a great part of it. It allows for some truly stunning visuals as you explore the national mall and this apparently sparked some really clever writing in the storylines as well.

As a resident of the D.C. metro area, I have a particular love for it. Holding off hordes of badguys is especially fun when you realize you are literally standing in your own backyard. Including a cool DLC adventure set in what was obviously inspired by Maryland's eastern shore, where I used to live, is just the icing on the cake.

There are some downsides. The graphics are still good but the animation sometimes shows its age and odd glitches happen periodically. While the game's DC wasteland is appropriately stark and eerie for a post-apocalyptic world, the fact that pretty much everywhere in the game uses the same desaturated grey-green color palette does wear on you after a while. And while the game starts off pretty challenging, it gets progressively easier as your character levels up and develops a fearsome arsenal of weapons and high-tech armor, ultimately draining some of the fun.

Still, this is an essential part of any gamer's library.
  7. Nov 26, 2015
    If you buy Fallout 4 for XB1 after 10 days you get a code to redeem this game for free, as part of the backwards compatible 360 games for XB1.

I love Fallout 4 for XB1, but getting Fallout 3 for free 10 days later just puts it over the top. Just more Bethsaida open world, rpg, post apocalyptic game to love. If you love these types of games you will love Fallout. A perfect series to

Just more Bethsaida open world, rpg, post apocalyptic game to love. If you love these types of games you will love Fallout. A perfect series to keep you busy as you wait for the next Elder Scrolls installment for XbI.
  8. Nov 19, 2015
    While Fallout 3 was a fun game and a nice "Elder Scrolls" approach to the Fallout series, I still felt like I was playing "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with Guns." Don't get me wrong, "Oblivion with Guns" is a fantastic concept, but much of the game's mechanics are derived from a game I already played in 2005 (Oblivion), so to say Fallout 3 was innovating the industry would be ignoringWhile Fallout 3 was a fun game and a nice "Elder Scrolls" approach to the Fallout series, I still felt like I was playing "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with Guns." Don't get me wrong, "Oblivion with Guns" is a fantastic concept, but much of the game's mechanics are derived from a game I already played in 2005 (Oblivion), so to say Fallout 3 was innovating the industry would be ignoring history. Many of my friends who believed Fallout 3 was a revolution never played Oblivion. Many of my friends who believed Skyrim was a revolution never played Oblivion. The Fallout 3 experience was not a ground-breaking one for me. Was it fun? Of course. Was it ground-breaking? Not at all. Expand
  9. Nov 5, 2015
    Sure, the graphics maybe outdated, but Fallout 3 makes up for the best gaming experience still till this day.

On the side note, please get Fallout 3: Game of Year edition for hours of your post-apocalyptic journey of the Capital Wasteland. Where do I start with this game? Fallout's combat system is really solid, if you're familiar with Oblivion imagine you can pause the fight, and pin-point attacks by using this unique mechanic called, "V.A.T.S."

I would gladly summarize the game's story, but luckily, I'm not that type of person. Please check Fallout 3. I highly recommend it.
  10. Sep 7, 2015
    Fallout 3 is An odyssey into A nightmarish reality in which Mankind's worst fear has been realized-Nuclear annihilation.This reality is set into the future,but with A 1950's motif where America fights A continued World War 2 ultimately against the Chinese.The American transition to Nuclear power puts A stranglehold on the Chinese as they grow ever desperate for Oil to fuel theirFallout 3 is An odyssey into A nightmarish reality in which Mankind's worst fear has been realized-Nuclear annihilation.This reality is set into the future,but with A 1950's motif where America fights A continued World War 2 ultimately against the Chinese.The American transition to Nuclear power puts A stranglehold on the Chinese as they grow ever desperate for Oil to fuel their Civilization and military campaign eventually invading Alaska and getting repelled back.After A small time of continuous peace the Chinese start World War 3.Those lucky enough to make it to Nuclear safe enclosure called 'Vaults' stay safe for several generations as the rest die whether from the initial blasts or radiation poisoning that was to come.200 Years later,you assume A role of A Son of An important Scientist in Vault 101 in what is now known as the Capital Wasteland.The game is essentially in first person,but thanks to V.A.T.S. (Vaulttec Assisted Targeting System) you can zoom in and depend on your weapon and skills of said weapon you can predict A particular shot with stunning effects.Your P.I.P. Boy is your ultimate guide and reference to everything in the world including yourself.The main quest is looking for your disappeared Father,however you will discover all kinds of side quests that will divert you for hours and hours on end.There is so much to d and explore it literally feels like you're actually experiencing all this for yourself.You meet new Allies,enemies and gain abilities to survive in A unforgiving world and you will shape the future of this land like any that has come before you or since.Can you survive the Wasteland Vault Dweller?We'll see. Expand
  11. Aug 8, 2015
    The best game we can have the best experience in the open worlds games awesome guns the pipboy everything its good i wait fallout 4 with the best hopes 10!
  12. Jul 21, 2015
    I love this game I have put 40 hours into it without the DLC it so much fun I been staying up late just to play it. It's a must buy if you love fallout and if you are new to the fallout series.
  13. May 27, 2015
    Once again Bethesda the masterpiece maker has once again made another masterpiece: Fallout 3. This is the ultimate post-apocalyptic game, it's scary, intense and a lot like Mad Max. The only flaw I noticed was it's annoying difficulty, it got pretty hard sometimes. I really love how Fallout 3 is super realistic, I felt like an actual survivor in an apocalypse, scavenging items for yourOnce again Bethesda the masterpiece maker has once again made another masterpiece: Fallout 3. This is the ultimate post-apocalyptic game, it's scary, intense and a lot like Mad Max. The only flaw I noticed was it's annoying difficulty, it got pretty hard sometimes. I really love how Fallout 3 is super realistic, I felt like an actual survivor in an apocalypse, scavenging items for your survival. You will need weaponry, food, aid kits and plenty more things to survive in the unforgiving radioactive wasteland. Buy this game. Expand
  14. Mar 3, 2015
    This game is my favorite game ever. I liked how you could explore the open world and do any thing you wanted to do. Every year I try to play this game so I don't forget the game. Each time I play I try to do things that I have not yet done in the game. Overall one of the best games I have played.
  15. Feb 14, 2015
    I'm not one of those guys who just throws around 10's. As someone who has gotten the full 100% on this game, I can say that it truly is one of the best games ever made. Fallout 1 and 2 had the old isometric, top down rpg style. These games were great, amazing even, but they weren't like this. This game defined what a western rpg can really be. From the depressing to the utterly hilarious,I'm not one of those guys who just throws around 10's. As someone who has gotten the full 100% on this game, I can say that it truly is one of the best games ever made. Fallout 1 and 2 had the old isometric, top down rpg style. These games were great, amazing even, but they weren't like this. This game defined what a western rpg can really be. From the depressing to the utterly hilarious, to the incredibly rewarding feeling of leveling yourself up from a nobody to a walking wall of death, everything about this game is just done perfectly. Expand
  16. Feb 5, 2015
    Fallout 3 How i adore thee still a great game even with all your technical problems. My question to you is. Will bethesda ever hire great programers? Caz they know how to make great rpgs. Or maybe they could atleast keep them in development until somebody play tests them? I know i know they're complicated games well so is my brain.
  17. Jan 24, 2015
    It's a huge openworld RPG with an amazingly crafted atmosphere and setting with a good storyline along with it. It took me about 6 hours before I really got into it and started enjoying it though, it's not just a game you pick up.
    The best things about this game for me were the characters and all the ways you could interact with them, the fantastic post-apocalyptic setting with 50s/60s (Bioshock-esque) themes and the huge world with so much to explore.
    The combat mechanics were satisfying and so was equipping yourself with cool new gear. The story kept me intrigued and certainly had it's moments (especially if you influenced them), but the ending wasn't too grand in my mind.
    Technically it's a good looking game but it does suffer from quite a few issues. Slight screentearing and random glitches do plague this game, but it's no game-braker. The original score didn't impress me either though the old school music made up for it in a way. One thing that did annoy me throughout the game is the LARGE focus on looting/grinding. It felt like I spent half my time 'playing' this game sorting my inventory and buying/selling stuff. Getting a companion in the game helps a lot carrying stuff so get one ASAP.
    Also I felt like there was just too much content in the game. If you're a huge openworld RPG fan and like to drop hundreds of hours in a game, you can with Fallout 3. But for someone that just wants to play an awesome game and then move on to the next they could've streamlined Fallout 3 a lot in my mind.
    Conclusion: If you like these kind of games and have some time to spare, certainly pick it up. To compare: it's better than Bioshock but not as good as Half-Life 2 in my opinion. 8.4/10
  18. Jan 8, 2015
    Though it's graphics are now long outdated this game is still one of my favorite games of all time. The ambiance is chilling and every aspect of this game blends together flawlessly. The story is a bit short but is is deep and supplemented with many fun side quests and cool characters. The music, enemies and creatures and npc characters are all uniquely fallout and will be hard wired intoThough it's graphics are now long outdated this game is still one of my favorite games of all time. The ambiance is chilling and every aspect of this game blends together flawlessly. The story is a bit short but is is deep and supplemented with many fun side quests and cool characters. The music, enemies and creatures and npc characters are all uniquely fallout and will be hard wired into my brain for the rest of my life. The only reason i'm not giving this gem a perfect score is because it's color shading is a bit off and it makes everything look kinda greenish and there are a few minor glitches. Do yourself a favor and go buy the GOTYE of this game now. Expand
  19. Dec 11, 2014
    It's the best game I've ever played, I will spoil nothing, no matter who you are, or what type of games you like, it is worth getting, just get game of the year edition if you do,
  20. Dec 9, 2014
    This is as about flawless as a game can get. Sure there are some glitches here and there, but the sheer scope of this game is unmatched. The hours are limitless that you can spend on this and still find something new. Easily one of the top games of all time.
  21. Nov 15, 2014
    Quick Review:
    Atmosphere: 9/10
    Game play mechanics: 7/10 Replay value: Moderate Overall Review: Fawkes good I'm going to start by saying I. Adore. This. Game. That being said, let me start. There are a few things that make this game a 9/10 for me. The thing that truly sells Fallout 3 for me is its beautiful atmosphere. I remember when I first walked into the crumbling and rotting
    Quick Review:
    Atmosphere: 9/10
    Game play mechanics: 7/10
    Replay value: Moderate
    Overall Review: Fawkes good

I'm going to start by saying I. Adore. This. Game. That being said, let me start. There are a few things that make this game a 9/10 for me. The thing that truly sells Fallout 3 for me is its beautiful atmosphere. I remember when I first walked into the crumbling and rotting ruins of DC, and it blew my f'ing mind. I cannot have more praise for the landscape of the game, I think I spent more time just wandering around than I did anything else. Another great thing about the game is that it will keep you busy. With 59 quests (main, side and repeatable) in the main game, and with the DLC adding 35 more, you'll get you money worth from this game. I did all of them, and loved every second of it. No game is perfect though. The skill system can make the game slightly difficult at first, and fairly easy once you've reached the level cap. To me, though, this wasn't an issue. It just made the game seem a little more realistic. There's no true iron sights (you cannot look down the barrel of the gun), so if something like that really bothers you, sorry. There is a targeting system in place, making aiming slightly easier, though it momentarily pauses in game action and has been known to glitch. Speaking of which there are, of course, glitches (some of which cause you to turn your system off and back on again). The game freezes occasionally, so save often. Along with that, there's little character development with side characters. In a game like this, it didn't bother me, but knowing more would have been nice. Overall, I adore this game, and highly recommend it to anyone who's an RPG veteran or just wanting to try out the genre.
  22. Nov 1, 2014
    Fallout3 is my favourite video game of all-time. It is an amazing experience with an awesome DLC and great character voice over. Sure there might be a few graphical errors, but the gameplay definitely makes up for it. A ten out of ten score from me. No question about it.
  23. Rem
    Oct 15, 2014
    Stepping out of the Vault, players undertake a breathtaking journey through the Wasteland in Bethesda's rendition of the Fallout series. One thing that Bethesda always promotes with each of their games is the growing amount of freedom to play the game how you want. Go anywhere, befriend or kill anyone, ignore the main quest altogether it's up to you. Along the way you soak in the stunningStepping out of the Vault, players undertake a breathtaking journey through the Wasteland in Bethesda's rendition of the Fallout series. One thing that Bethesda always promotes with each of their games is the growing amount of freedom to play the game how you want. Go anywhere, befriend or kill anyone, ignore the main quest altogether it's up to you. Along the way you soak in the stunning view of a decimated Washington D.C., but look too closely and you'll see that the textures are rough and pop-ins are frequent. Many complain about technical problems ruining their games like corrupted files and freezing, but none of those were present for me. Instead I only got clipping, pop-ins, and excruciatingly long load times, nothing good but they're not as bad as people say. Expand
  24. Sep 25, 2014
    This game is the best role-playing game ever, in my opinion. This game has the perfect blend of story, gameplay, atmosphere, weapons, characters, etc., and it also is a huge landmark for Bethesda, because the company was hardly even noticed until this came out, and helped with some of their biggest games like Skyrim. I do hope that their next Fallout will be will take a lot of hints fromThis game is the best role-playing game ever, in my opinion. This game has the perfect blend of story, gameplay, atmosphere, weapons, characters, etc., and it also is a huge landmark for Bethesda, because the company was hardly even noticed until this came out, and helped with some of their biggest games like Skyrim. I do hope that their next Fallout will be will take a lot of hints from 3, and even a few from New Vegas, if the do then I think that Fallout 4 will be the best role-playing game to date, and this, should obviously help. Expand
  25. Aug 6, 2014
    Fallout 3 is an unforgettable experience. The setting of Fallout 3 is very unique, I haven't seen anything like it at all; it's a post-apocalyptic world set in Washington D.C. and other parts of the east. It does a very good job with the environment such as abandoned buildings, towns, and national monuments. There is so much to explore, and it's exciting to discover new places to scavengeFallout 3 is an unforgettable experience. The setting of Fallout 3 is very unique, I haven't seen anything like it at all; it's a post-apocalyptic world set in Washington D.C. and other parts of the east. It does a very good job with the environment such as abandoned buildings, towns, and national monuments. There is so much to explore, and it's exciting to discover new places to scavenge weapons, armour, and necessities that are needed to survival. The missions are fun and exciting and the characters you meet along the way are great in their own way. The combat system works great, and I haven't seen it in another game. The leveling system is great also with many skills to increase and perks to choose rom to make your character more powerful. Fallout 3 is an amazing adventure, and it's a must play. Expand
  26. Jul 26, 2014
    This game's big, and it will last you a long time in playability. For me though it felt like Oblivion in a lot of ways. Gameplay, graphics, and the leveling system in general feel like Oblivion. Yes, Fallout 3 is set in a wasteland, but I was disappointed because both games don't seem to far apart. The game runs the successful formula, but for me it offered nothing new and not a lot of innovation.
  27. Jul 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing says I love you than placing a grenade in someone's back pocket and watching them explode.

Fallout 3 is by far THE BEST game I have played, one of my personal favourites that I have played and completed a numerous amount of times!

You start off as a baby down in vault 101, sadly your mother dies not long after she gives birth to you. (All aboard the feels trip). James (Your father) leaves the vault when you grow up. The immediate thought is "what a complete **** but he leaves for the right reasons, so your job is to escape the vault yourself and go looking for your dad!

Sounds simple enough? Nope... When you leave the vault you see yourself surrounded by a complete wasteland which stinks to high heavens of radiation in most parts, due to the "nuclear apocalypse".

Fallout 3 takes place in the year 2277, it's a post apocalyptic sci-fi action role-playing open world game. It has multiple DLC's too, like that doesn't sound good enough right?

Even though it's in the future, it still seems like an early 1950's era.

There is so much to do in this game, from pickpocketing people, breaking into people homes stealing their supply of food or you can be a good person and leave their stuff alone, either way, it will effect your karma.

Karma plays a huge roll in this game, if you steal from somebody, break into their apartment, lock-pick safes that you're not supposed to, you will get bad Karma from doing so. However... If you're being a little **** on the game there is always ways to get your karma towards the good side! This does not mean pleasuring a homeless man for a bottle of water... It certainly doesn't mean that at all...

The life you pursue in the game has its advantages and disadvantages. Be careful what you do and how you do it, killing someone for their clothes is an acceptable excuse.

If you haven't played it, get to it! You're missing out on such a huge fantastic game Bethesda has to offer!

10/10. (Think I might go and play some of it now!)
  28. Jul 2, 2014
    I'll start by saying that if you liked Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim, Then you might like this as it was created by the same company. Anyway the game is an open world game based in a wasteland. The first time you see the massive area that you get to explore you will be shocked. With a good story and plenty of side quests, You will spend a load of time on this game. No matter whichI'll start by saying that if you liked Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim, Then you might like this as it was created by the same company. Anyway the game is an open world game based in a wasteland. The first time you see the massive area that you get to explore you will be shocked. With a good story and plenty of side quests, You will spend a load of time on this game. No matter which direction you decide to go, You will find something, It could be a destroyed building, a house, a sewer, etc. With plenty of perks to choose from once you level up and all kinds of enemy's to kill. Random events occur which could be simple like someone trying to rob you or give you a quest. Loads of weapons to use, Ranging from a pistol to plasma laser. Overall this game is one of the best games i have played. I have played since it was first released and went back to it plenty of times. This is my favourite game of all time. Expand
  29. Jun 23, 2014
    I have been playing indies and old school games for a while and decided to go back to Fallout 3.....I finally realize how great this game is. Music, atmosphere, weapons, armour, NPCs....a blend of perfection.
  30. Jun 8, 2014
    Fallout 3 is one of the greatest open world RPGs on the Xbox 360. With a vast, explore-able, post-apocalyptic Washington D.C., and a handful of memorable moments for you to uncover yourself, Fallout 3 is a must own. The DLCs are for the most part worth it, the game does not hold your hand through every section, and you can play it and enjoy what it offers without even doing a single story quest.
  31. Jun 7, 2014
    *..a sublime game, rich and deep.*

Fallout 3 remains one of my favourite games of all time, set in a post apocalyptic world you are the would be hero or murderer of hundreds of people and creatures. This is a free-roam game where you decide where to go and what missions to complete. And is in my opinion the finest example yet made. To say this game is big would be an understatement!
    *..a sublime game, rich and deep.*

To say this game is big would be an understatement! The world spans a huge wasteland with further expansions available through purchase.

In some ways this is like Oblivion, in the sense you build up your character and take your own chosen path. But this is where the similarity ends. Whereas it takes a huge amount of time an energy to expand a character in Oblivion and to progress, Fallout is much more arcade style - quick and dirty!

With this in mind, it is a shame that Fallout 3 starts off so slow. Leaving you with that ebbing feeling of slow, painful gameplay. Far from it, turns out the first 20 minutes of the game is all about creating your character from birth to the current state, picking skills, traits and the start of your evil, good or don't give a dam path.

Once through the section the world is your oyster, pick a path and try your luck!! When it comes to missions and locations, they are almost endless. There are a huge amount of side missions with lots of "easter egg" type outcomes or locations, so many i'm not sure if I have ever found everything there is to do.

The weapons array is vast, from fists, to clubs, to WOMD's! (If you can find them) The only limit you have is a weight limit on your character which can be expanded or extra items stashed away in a safe house or hidden caches.

If you have always thought RPG's are slow, dice rolling type games. Think again, Fallout 3 delivers on all fronts and will keep you coming back again and again for months, if not years. Pick this game up in a bargain bin or cheap online and you will not regret your choice.

On a side note, the music in Fallout 3 is eccentric but will have you humming the tunes and tapping your toes like a good time gal of the 40's in no time...
    As other have said, a masterpiece of goodness.
  32. May 28, 2014
    I remember playing this game back in 2010, and feel in love with it. The story is unique in its own way from the realism of this game is what is a stand out. combat is well done, each choice you make in this game combat wise can affect the story. your an individual in the wasteland and your free to do whatever you want, this game doesn't have limits which is what people love about it.I remember playing this game back in 2010, and feel in love with it. The story is unique in its own way from the realism of this game is what is a stand out. combat is well done, each choice you make in this game combat wise can affect the story. your an individual in the wasteland and your free to do whatever you want, this game doesn't have limits which is what people love about it. This game is well put together, you definitely get your money's worth with there's so much to do, there's 3 add ones you can buy. At times can be glitchy with the map being so big, apart from that this game is perfect. One of my favorite games of all time. Definitely recommend getting. if you enjoyed this look into getting fallout new vagas! Expand
  33. May 11, 2014
    If Bethesda had taken the easy route, 'like Oblivion with guns', this would be a solid game well worth the $60. But, Todd Howard and Bethesda chose to innovate, and bring the Fallout license to the next level. The complete sense of emptiness and despair isn't video game-y. It feels like post-apocalyptia. Sure, there might not be any grand vistas or mountain ranges like Fallout's successor,If Bethesda had taken the easy route, 'like Oblivion with guns', this would be a solid game well worth the $60. But, Todd Howard and Bethesda chose to innovate, and bring the Fallout license to the next level. The complete sense of emptiness and despair isn't video game-y. It feels like post-apocalyptia. Sure, there might not be any grand vistas or mountain ranges like Fallout's successor, Skyrim, but nuclear bombs desecrated the land not two centuries before! This doesn't feel like a video game. It feels real. Granted, the voices are samey, and V.A.T.S. does get monotonous after a few hours, and glitches that break immersion are a part of the deal, but with a Super Mutant with a Gatling laser following me, I couldn't care less. Expand
  34. Apr 22, 2014
    I fell in love with fallout the second i started playing. Fallout does everything right that a post apocalyptic game should. The game does have its instances of morbid humor that maybe the more messed up person enjoy (I am that person). The game offers up to over 200+ hours if you're like me and enjoy just walking around and trying to get everything in the game. I can recommend this to anyI fell in love with fallout the second i started playing. Fallout does everything right that a post apocalyptic game should. The game does have its instances of morbid humor that maybe the more messed up person enjoy (I am that person). The game offers up to over 200+ hours if you're like me and enjoy just walking around and trying to get everything in the game. I can recommend this to any RPG fan as the game does very well. The game is perfect if you own all the dlcs which you can get in the game of the year edition which goes for around $15 at Gamestop. Just pop that bad boy in and let the slaughter of Enclave and super mutants begin (Recommend the bloody mess perk for a good laugh). The game isn't just fun it's very beautiful to look at, the visuals are stunning and even the depressing sea of brown and destroyed buildings still leaves me in awe. Weather you're good or evil the choice is yours. Help a town out or murder its residents and take the loot you earn for yourself, but be warned you don't want to mess with the wrong people. Or you might find yourself dying quite often. If your a fan of the RPG genre or a fan of post apocalyptic genre I can recommend this game %100. Now sit back relax and open up nice cold Nuka-Cola. Expand
  35. Mar 21, 2014
    Im not going to write a huge review here as I think most people will have already played this by now but on the off chance that someone somewhere is thinking about weather to buy this or not and is going through others reviews to make a decision then here is my take on Fallout 3...

The single greatest game ever to come out on the Xbox 360. I have 36 years old and have been gaming

The single greatest game ever to come out on the Xbox 360.

I have 36 years old and have been gaming since the 80s so while i may be old, I can say i have enough experience to know my games :) and this is in my top 5 of all time games.

Thats really all i can say! Go, buy and enjoy!
  36. Mar 13, 2014
    Easily my favorite game of all time along with Fallout New Vegas!!!Provided me with hours and hours of immersive enjoyment. I just can't give it a 10 though because of all the glitches but everyone should try this game!It may take a while to get into it but once you do you can't put down the controller down!
  37. Feb 21, 2014
    Taking place in post-apocalyptic Washington DC, Fallout 3 takes you through a journey you never thought possible. This game allows you to do literally whatever you want. Want to be evil? Go for it. Good? That's just fine. What separates this game from so many other however is all the gray area in between. You start as a baby and the game quickly accelerates and allows you to choose whichTaking place in post-apocalyptic Washington DC, Fallout 3 takes you through a journey you never thought possible. This game allows you to do literally whatever you want. Want to be evil? Go for it. Good? That's just fine. What separates this game from so many other however is all the gray area in between. You start as a baby and the game quickly accelerates and allows you to choose which S.P.E.C.I.A.L. abilities you wish to have. This is great because the different SPECIAL abilities you choose will affect the way in which you play the game, which equates to near infinite replay value. Personally, I have played through this game probably 6 six times, logging on average over 50 hours of gameplay each turn. Every time you play, you find something new in the game. It is so vast and even the DLC is worth buying (especially point lookout). There is so much to this game and the plot that it is mind blowing. I won't give away any spoilers, but check out literally every vault that you can find. Each one has it's own story. I could not recommend this game more. Just be careful - when you start playing, you will not stop for hours and hours. Fantastic. Get Fallout New Vegas as well. It updated a lot and made things a bit more difficult and allows crafting of certain items and chems. Expand
  38. Jan 19, 2014
    For me Fallout 3 is the best game available on 360, it is so immersive and chock full of surprises. The setting is fantastic and the surrounding of 50s style propaganda really adds to the games character. There is a vast amount of fun weaponry and ways to use them, the character building is top notch with some very fun and interesting perks. The world is full of wonderful characters (theFor me Fallout 3 is the best game available on 360, it is so immersive and chock full of surprises. The setting is fantastic and the surrounding of 50s style propaganda really adds to the games character. There is a vast amount of fun weaponry and ways to use them, the character building is top notch with some very fun and interesting perks. The world is full of wonderful characters (the "super heroes" at war with each other using giant ants and robots spring to mind) with many problems across the game world that need sorting, it's the exploration that really makes this game, there are some very interesting buildings around that can really come in useful while some serve as sheds for plungers and lead pipes. The main story is good and gripping but the same could be said about the majority of side quests. This game is excellent, the standard by which all other games should be striving to achieve, It gets my 2008 game of the year and also stands as my game of the generation. Expand
  39. Jan 13, 2014
    This is a great game. Whether you play all day or just 3 hours it is still a great game you will fall in love with. This game can help you get through hard times.
  40. Jan 6, 2014
    One of my favorites SSOOOOO good anyone who gives this game a bad rating doesn't understand gaming. One of the best rpg ever made the world was by far the most fun to explore bethesda makes me horny
  41. Jan 2, 2014
    This game, is one of the best games ive ever played. The intricate backstory and the development of your character throughout the game is amazing. However, it lets itself down because its glitchy, and its weapon targettings a little off.
  42. Jan 1, 2014
    Well writing this almost 6 years from its release, but I continue to play it, continue to find new things to do and continue to love it. I suppose it is slightly showing its age now, graphics wise, gamplay-wise it is still just as good to play as it was when I first ripped the packaging off 6 years(ish) ago. So if you have an xbox360 and love great gameplay then you should either haveWell writing this almost 6 years from its release, but I continue to play it, continue to find new things to do and continue to love it. I suppose it is slightly showing its age now, graphics wise, gamplay-wise it is still just as good to play as it was when I first ripped the packaging off 6 years(ish) ago. So if you have an xbox360 and love great gameplay then you should either have owned this or it should be still in your collection gathering dust. Simply fire up the 360 and get it running. There are still loads to do in my game (I saved at level 19, and yes I know we can go to 30). Expand
  43. Dec 31, 2013
    Okay, we all know Fallout 3's clunky combat isn't the best, but if you look at the rest of the game, WOW. Fallout 3 is truly an amazing and beautiful game that can be revisited tons and tons of times. The RPG elements are heavy and your choices matter, the characters are interesting, the leveling system is complex, the sound design is mysterious, this game is an experience you have to see.Okay, we all know Fallout 3's clunky combat isn't the best, but if you look at the rest of the game, WOW. Fallout 3 is truly an amazing and beautiful game that can be revisited tons and tons of times. The RPG elements are heavy and your choices matter, the characters are interesting, the leveling system is complex, the sound design is mysterious, this game is an experience you have to see.

Fallout 3 gets 9.8/10
  44. Dec 23, 2013
    Fallout 3 is an action packed role playing game that never leaves the player bored. With the new cinematic way of combat (V.A.T.S) fighting off feral ghouls never gets old. The quests are always new and fun to complete and the weapons are always fun to use, and destructive. This is the best game I have ever played and I hope you play it as well, if you don't, well your missing out on theFallout 3 is an action packed role playing game that never leaves the player bored. With the new cinematic way of combat (V.A.T.S) fighting off feral ghouls never gets old. The quests are always new and fun to complete and the weapons are always fun to use, and destructive. This is the best game I have ever played and I hope you play it as well, if you don't, well your missing out on the best game ever. Expand
  45. Dec 22, 2013
    The plot is incredibly interesting, the setting is wonderful, with a very enjoyable gameplay and it's incredibly captivating. The GOTY edition actually might lower the score since the DLCs are sub-par when compared to the game itself
  46. Dec 8, 2013
    This is the best RPG I have played. It beats oblivion and skyrim to me. It has a meaningful story with great progression and skills. It is to good to ignore.
  47. Nov 29, 2013
    Simply, My favorite game of all time!! I got the GOTY edition and spent around 200 hours until I unlocked every achievement...

With its massive world full of quests, interesting places, great NPCs this game just makes you feel you are actually in the wasteland fighting for survival. I loved when you were just wandering and there were a lot of random events that kept you busy... And

I loved when you were just wandering and there were a lot of random events that kept you busy... And there's Dogmeat one of the best companions you can have in a video game...

Sure the game has a lot of glitches and I bet they are difficult to control with the mass world Bethesda created (just one advice, save often... very often), but the game manages to engage you with the details, funny level perks and game mechanics (V.A.T.S is one of the best inventions in gaming history...
  48. Nov 21, 2013
    I highly recommend you pick the GOTY right now, it's that good! The story follows a vault dweller who is growing up in a Vault, because of the atomic bombing that China did to the United States in 2077. Now it's 2277. Your father voiced by Liam Neeson decides to leave the vault, something that no one ever does as the vault is supposed to be permanently shut. However, your character choosesI highly recommend you pick the GOTY right now, it's that good! The story follows a vault dweller who is growing up in a Vault, because of the atomic bombing that China did to the United States in 2077. Now it's 2277. Your father voiced by Liam Neeson decides to leave the vault, something that no one ever does as the vault is supposed to be permanently shut. However, your character chooses to follow him. Not exactly sure where to go. you go to the nearest town Megaton to find some clues. This is where the game really get's started as you are thrown in the post apocalyptic wasteland. There is hundreds of hours of content in this game to keep anyone interested. This game has a very 30-40s vibe and the music on your pipboy fits this game perfectly! There are all kinds of strange creatures, people, places, and weapons to keep anyone satisfied. This game does have its problems though, it can crash at any time and pretty often too. Some things just maybe won't trigger for a quest, making it impossible to complete and that can get pretty annoying. Overall this game is great! I suggest everyone give this game a try it will really be worth your time. Expand
  49. Nov 20, 2013
    Oh. My. God. Fallout 3 is an absolutely phenomenal game, I love it so damn much. It's definitely in my top 10 games ever. If you like RPGs, then get this game, if you like GAMES, then GET. THIS. GAME. Stop reading my review (if anyone is even reading this...) and go play Fallout 3!
  50. Nov 6, 2013
    This is one of the most fun experiences I've played in a while. For one, this game is set in a post-apocalyptic time era, and Bethesda pulls it off better than i expected. The way it played out really made you feel like you, specifically, were the one trying to survive, making you very careful with how you use your limited equipment. And in a game where it's not so difficult to die, youThis is one of the most fun experiences I've played in a while. For one, this game is set in a post-apocalyptic time era, and Bethesda pulls it off better than i expected. The way it played out really made you feel like you, specifically, were the one trying to survive, making you very careful with how you use your limited equipment. And in a game where it's not so difficult to die, you can't just run around like an overpowered god like in other games. This along with the barren environments and city ruins you'll be walking through, fighting off oversized bugs and animals, large beasts known as Super Mutants, Centaurs (not man-horse breed, but things that i can only describe as mutated what-the-F***s) and sadistic survivalists who wish to make your life a living hell, all work together to build a realistic idea of what America would be after a nuclear war breaks out. This game takes place in a 1950's view of the nuclear future, which factors into the presentation of it, including shiny futuristic cars and a jolly radio station that plays 50s music.

I actually want to take time to admire the radio station. It is run by a DJ who calls himself Three Dog. He's energetic, exciting, and he is the voice of the Capital Wastelands that you will be roaming. He is who summarizes to you, the gamer, what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. He can either make you feel like an awful human being or a heroic inspiration to civilization. On top of that, the music that he plays for you and everyone else is a selection of cheerful music from the 1950's. Some might find this soundtrack as inappropriate for the mood of the game, but i find it to be brilliant. Think about it: if you were walking through a land of death trying to survive, wouldn't you want to listen to something that lightens the mood and takes your mind off of the loneliness of it all?

The story is of an individual, you, who escapes from his Vault (large underground bunker) to search for his dad who left without a trace. The storytelling of this game is immersive, getting you attached to characters within 15 minutes of meeting them. The twists and turns of this game are cinematic and exciting, and it has a few unforgettable moments. Throughout the game, you can make choices that can determined how you are viewed or approached, and you can be the deciding factor of what happens to certain settlements. No need to say you can play an important role in a large majority of the world. Despite the fact that this game has an array of choices you can choose from and many ways you can go about situations, the story and the ending don't really change for you, which takes away from the feeling that you do have control of your surroundings, but i don't mind, as the story is good anyways. Not to mention, even though there are many side missions you can partake in, and even though the open world is massive and with many places to discover, the game's story only takes about twenty hours to get through, which truly disappointed me.

There were some things that could have been improved about the gameplay. For one, this game gives you the option to view yourself in third person, but seeing as not only does your characters animation look sloppy when running and jumping and moving in general, and that it makes aiming at something a lot more difficult, you'd be spending most, if not all, of your time in first person anyways. It's a waste of a button that could've been put to better use. Speaking of aiming, while you can aim at enemies yourself, there's also a VATS system, which means the game will aim and attack for you. During melee fighting, this is a blessing, but when using a long ranged weapon or fire arm, depending on your ranks in these areas of combat, the VATS will just be a waste time.

The leveling up system is easy enough. Each time you level up, you get to chose what skills to improve on. If you realize you want more money or want to be a talker rather than a fighter, you could put more ranks in Barter and Speech. In comparison, if you want to raise hell and beat everyone you meet to a bloody pulp, you could put the ranks into Melee, Unarmed, Small Guns, etc. There are other useful ranks and it really gets you to think about what is most important to you and how you want to play, again adding on to the fact that you are not an overpowered god.

In conclusion, this is a game that everyone should play or at least attempt to play once. It's an experience you won't find in any other game. Is it a perfect game? No. But the flaws it carries don't take away from the overall enjoyment of it.
  51. Oct 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I remember being at Walmart back in mid 2009. I was looking for Grand theft Auto IV Liberty City stories but it wasn't there. I decided to try Fallout 3 and oh I was impressed. The intro was just amazing The whole Growing up in the vault was just great and it felt real too! (Does get repetitive after a couple playthroughs) when I got out that door and saw the world, I was astonished on how well done it was. The graphics were amazing. By far some of the best in any game of that time. Only thing that was a little off were the facial models but that is Bethesda's weak point. Examples Oblivion, Skyrim. The gameplay was pretty good and the game had some memorable characters in it. Like Mr. Burke, Moira Brown,etc
    The storyline was probably the best part in the game. Finding your dad (Liam Neeson) watching him die, looking for GECK, fighting for the purifier and Broken Steel that added to it.
    The combat wasn't bad but could have been better. I think the only reason that the Vats thing was thrown it was to make it seem like the first 2 Fallouts and to take your eyes away from the mediocre combat. The
    game wasn't really buggy for me. Sometimes I may get stuck in a rock but that's about it. So I really would give this game a 9.5/10.
    Graphics: 9/10 impressive, looked realistic except the faces. Huge improvement over Oblivion.
    Gameplay 8.5/10 pretty good. Combat could have been better.
    Story 9.5/10 one of the best stories in any game in my opinion. Though Broken Steel kinda twisted it a little.
    Fun: 10/10 I have spent over 150 hours in my latest playthrough and over 600 total hours. You still find new things and the game has high replay value.
    I also loved the music. Wished that they could've added more but it added to that 50s theme.
    Also get the goty edition if you ever buy it.
  52. Oct 19, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a strong contender for the greatest game of the generation. Everything about the game, from the enemies, to the characters, to the settings, to the story, to the music, are all so captivating that, when combined with the atmosphere Bethesda have created, makes it near impossible to put the controller down. With story missions and side missions coming out of its ears, Fallout 3Fallout 3 is a strong contender for the greatest game of the generation. Everything about the game, from the enemies, to the characters, to the settings, to the story, to the music, are all so captivating that, when combined with the atmosphere Bethesda have created, makes it near impossible to put the controller down. With story missions and side missions coming out of its ears, Fallout 3 will provide players with entertainment for months and is a truly amazing masterpiece. Expand
  53. Oct 18, 2013
    PROS:
    story
    V.A.T.S.
    weapons
    collectibles
    huge world
    characters
    voice acting
    enemies
    CONS:
    no iron sights
    you cant explore after the final quest
    glitches

much more pros i dont have the patience to discuss
  54. Sep 7, 2013
    ---Rating---
    Design: 4 /5 (slightly incoherent mechanics, the narrative falters after a good introduction)
    Polish: 4 /5 (the grey-brown color palette detracts from the otherwise interesting visuals)
    Value: 4 /5 (open world with more replay value than most "shooters", but less than most RPGs)

---Review---
    To be added.
  55. Aug 28, 2013
    Some days ago, my 7 years son asked me what was the better game I have ever played. I spent half an hour after that trying to explain what nuclear holocaust means.
  56. Aug 15, 2013
    Best game ever. Well perhaps shared top spot with Fallout New Vegas. Great character development, massive amount of great content, post apocalyptic setup and various ways to play. What else can you hope from a game?
  57. Aug 6, 2013
    My review for the amazing game known as fallout 3:

SINGLE PLAYER (STORY)- 10/10. an outstanding story that has the best backstory i have seen in years. it has great storytelling, and lots of side missions as well. GRAPHICS- 9/10. outstanding visuals, and great draw distance and ragdoll physics. character animations are very wooden, however. SOUND- 10/10. exceptional voice acting, and
    My review for the amazing game known as fallout 3:

SOUND- 10/10. exceptional voice acting, and great sound effects. no problems here.
    GAMEPLAY- 8.5/10. combat is simple, but fun. can be very glitchy sometimes, but rarely takes away from the fun. no control issues.
    FUN FACTOR- 10/10. the best RPG i have played in a LONG time.
    OVERALL- 10/10
  58. Aug 5, 2013
    You have to get this game. It combines shooting, story, character interactions, and speaks to about every genre of gamer It's my favorite game of all time.
  59. Jul 30, 2013
    This is a game that will stand the test of time.

Graphics 8.5/10 Story 9/10 Gameplay 9/10 Sound 8.5/10 Fun 10/10 Replay Value 10/10 If you want a game that will immerse you for hour's, then this is the game you want. The game will amaze you with an impressive open world, a great story, and interesting characters, I highly recommend this game to fans of Open World/RPG's.
    This is a game that will stand the test of time.

Graphics 8.5/10
    Story 9/10
    Gameplay 9/10
    Sound 8.5/10
    Fun 10/10
    Replay Value 10/10

If you want a game that will immerse you for hour's, then this is the game you want. The game will amaze you with an impressive open world, a great story, and interesting characters, I highly recommend this game to fans of Open World/RPG's. This is one of my favorite games of all time, the game is everything but linear as you can choose to follow the main story or go your separate way. the game does have some glitches but nothing game breaking. The enviroment has an amazing feel and the Capital Wasteland is one of the greatest places in Video game history, it has over a hundred quest's and most of them are very satisfying and don't just feel like a bunch of sidequests with no meaning. The game does a fantastic job with exploration and the replay value in this game is very high. Overall its a must buy game.
  60. Jul 20, 2013
    Fallout 3 is in my opinion the greatest game Bethesda made ever (and they make loads of these)
    pros: story is great, combat, plenty of fun side missions, vats mode, customization, ammo is expensive and since caps are hard to come by early in the game though by the time you finish it you will be filthy stinkin rich) so you will be looting enemies and searching for ammo increasing your post apocalyptic survival feeling, rather good voice acting (it has Liam Neeson) dlc like broken steel or the pit
    cons:I said the story was great I never said it was life changing (like how you go from finding your dad to working on a science project, to fighting an evil government basically put into the game so it would have a villain) melee combat is rather bad, like skyrim there is a rather large count of bugs, dlc like mother ship zeta
    Once again Fallout 3 is the greatest of Bethesda's large collection of awesome games and if you don't buy I'l will find you and I will.............. KIDDING but seriously get it. NOW! THAT'S AN ORDER SOLDIER!
  61. Jul 20, 2013
    There isn't much more I can say than Fallout 3 is genuinely my favourite game of all time and that if you haven't played it, you are missing out. Buy this game!
  62. Jun 26, 2013
    This is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. It has great graphics, talented developers and voice actors, a deep and interesting main quest line, along with well written side quests and DLC. The open landscape is beautiful, and the time the developers put in to the smallest details makes the game, in my opinion, the game of the decade.
  63. Jun 23, 2013
    Fallout 3 is to this day the best game I have ever played. I went into it knowing surprisingly little about it and immediately fell in love with it. The way the combat is designed is the best possible way that shooting could be integrated into an RPG. The fact that the combat in the game is not like any conventional shooters does wonders for the game's actual experience, and the inclusionFallout 3 is to this day the best game I have ever played. I went into it knowing surprisingly little about it and immediately fell in love with it. The way the combat is designed is the best possible way that shooting could be integrated into an RPG. The fact that the combat in the game is not like any conventional shooters does wonders for the game's actual experience, and the inclusion of VATS takes the combat from plain shooter to something so much more unique and special (not to mention fun). The RPG elements of the game are also some of the best I've ever played. The interaction between characters is interesting and engaging, and the way that people react to your character based on the impressions they have made from you is extremely impressive, especially since they retain their behavior long after your first encounter with them. Though the character models are certainly something that could be improved upon, the voice acting is so stellar it more than makes up for it. The voice acting is certainly the best of its time for this game. There has also never been a game that has encouraged exploration more than Fallout 3 in my opinion. Other games like Oblivion never really got me interested in the world enough to want to wander aimlessly for hours in search of something new. There is so much to see in the game if you take the time to see it, and so many valuable items to find, like alien pistols or specially designed sniper rifles. There is also the constant and engaging prospect of finding a wayward scavenger out in the wastes and getting the thrill of stealing from him or just killing him for his goods (if you know how to have fun, that is), as well as getting attacked by any number of dangerous foes from an Enclave ambush to a wandering Deathclaw. And from the exploration that you have, you can find any number of marked and unmarked quests like finding a Stradivarius violin for an old woman, stumbling across an "oasis of green in a depressing sea of brown" and talking to a mutated tree-man, and even things so small as getting a proposition to help a shady ghoul make ultra-potent narcotics. Everything a person could imagine could be found in Fallout 3 if you know where to look. This brings a ridiculous amount of playability to the game; I am still finding new things on my very first playthrough that I maxed out years ago. I must have logged over 200 hours in Fallout 3 by now and I am still thrilled to play it. The core storyline in the game is more engaging and interesting than most other games as well. The emotion that the story brings is so great, and the choices that the player has to make (in all quests, not just story quests) weigh so heavily that it is sometimes hard to decide what to do. The story and all of the stories hidden in the game are at the very least enthralling. Though it may be a cliche, Fallout 3 is more than a game; it is an experience. If any game deserves a 10/10, it's this one. Expand
  64. Jun 12, 2013
    this game is one of those classic games that you might pick up not knowing much about but end up just completely falling in love with. I highly recommended it to anyone
  65. Jun 5, 2013
    Great Shooter RPG! A interesting story and great RPG Elements. every 2 level a bonus)
    A big world full of interesting places and cool characters.
    And I LOVE THE RADIO Thrrreee- DOoog :D
  66. Jun 3, 2013
    It's hard to pick one, but I can safely say Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time. It's an open world of discovery in an ideal apocalyptic setting. I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours into it, but there is so much I haven't done (I only just got the last of the achievements).

The amount of loot and guns you can find is mind-boggling. The VATS system is innovative. Deaths are deliciously gruesome. True, there are glitches, but I think it adds seasoning and a little fun to the game (as well as a sense of dread). And did I mention the story? It's right up there close to the likes of Bioshock.

The only possible things that could be improved are the graphics and the ability to play with friends. But otherwise, zero complaints. Fallout 3 is the standard in gaming.
  67. May 30, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a wonderful game and has a classy feel every time I play it. While exploring may be disappointing because everything is destroyed, I still had a lot of fun looking around the ruined world. A lot of skill trees to level up so it makes great replay value and I've put in about 120 hours into it. It's still has its fair share of glitches, but I can't be too harsh on it. DefinitelyFallout 3 is a wonderful game and has a classy feel every time I play it. While exploring may be disappointing because everything is destroyed, I still had a lot of fun looking around the ruined world. A lot of skill trees to level up so it makes great replay value and I've put in about 120 hours into it. It's still has its fair share of glitches, but I can't be too harsh on it. Definitely worth picking up. Expand
  68. May 17, 2013
    After Oblivion, I didn't think I could enjoy a game this much, but Fallout 3 completely blew me away. Quite possibly the best game I have ever played.
  69. May 14, 2013
    It's been almost 5 years since Fallout 3 came out and yet it remains my favourite game of all time. If you weren't already convinced by the list of prestigious award the game has won, the fact that in 5 years no other game has come close to giving me such an enjoyable experience should tell you all you need to know.

Listing all the game's qualities would take too long so I'm going to

Listing all the game's qualities would take too long so I'm going to apply a broader approach to this review by simply telling you that you MUST buy this game. As long as you aren't a simpleton who needs a game to have shiny visuals to keep you entertained, you will LOVE this game. And I don't mean how you love chips, I mean actual, true love. To paraphrase Chad Michael Michaels from Blades of Glory, I could not love a human baby more than I love this game...

The world in which Fallout 3 is set is quite simply the coolest environment I've ever experienced in any game. It will draw you in and make you wish you could be part of a nuclear apocalypse (despite all the obvious draw-backs). The wild, mutated animals roaming the wasteland, the unique settlements and factions dotted around the map, the eccentric characters you meet, the amazingly rich side quests that have such a great story behind them that you will want to complete all of them; there is something around every corner that will make your jaw drop.

I am convinced that all the negative reviews this game has received on this website are from people who are either fans of the original Fallout games (Fallout and Fallout 2) who automatically wrote Fallout 3 off because it is so radically different from its predecessors, or people who are too impatient to play an RPG. So if you don't fall into either of those two categories, GO AND BUY THIS GAME. And even if you do, GO AND BUY THIS GAME.

Safe.
  70. May 7, 2013
    I was bored2my ass at the end of 2009, watched youtube videos of fallout 3, then decided I have to play this game, at that time my laptop was too crappy to run the game, I either should buy a new PC or a XBOX360 console (dont like PS3) and I went with XBOX360, and officially start my gaming hobby. So, this game is the reason why am i here, checking and rating video games.
    Rated 9 for GOTY
    Rated 9 for GOTY version. Love the wasteland DC, so bloody violent, three dog is awesome. the beginning part of the game is the best among other games, directly took you into the character and the game sitting.
  71. Apr 27, 2013
    Fallout 3 is without a doubt my favourite game of this console generation. I have put easily over 100+ hours into this game and I've enjoyed every moment of it. Fallout 3 is a game that encourages you to go off the beaten path and is far from a linear experience. While there is a clear main story, there are multiple ways to get to the end. Although, the side quests are where Fallout 3Fallout 3 is without a doubt my favourite game of this console generation. I have put easily over 100+ hours into this game and I've enjoyed every moment of it. Fallout 3 is a game that encourages you to go off the beaten path and is far from a linear experience. While there is a clear main story, there are multiple ways to get to the end. Although, the side quests are where Fallout 3 shines. There are tons of marked and unmarked side quests that keep you exploring the Capital Wasteland. To a degree, Fallout 3 can also be a fairly emotional experience as well. In spite of the game being obviously fictional, I particularly enjoyed exploring the abandoned buildings and subway tunnels and reading up on the game lore and learning what led to the events that created the Fallout world.

The character creation is fairly detailed, you can choose between a male or female character in addition to several facial options. You can also customize your character as you progress to fit your play style. You can invest in points to increase your melee damage, increase your accuracy in VATS or raise your charisma if you prefer to talk yourself out of situations.

Furthermore, with the addition of the Broken Steel add-on the "ending" of the game is removed and you can continue to play and explore the world. There are also four other DLCs that contribute to the length of the game while giving you access to new perks, items and weapons. I occasionally ran into the odd technical glitch that ranged from a texture pop-in to the game outright freezing. I would highly recommend anyone who plays Fallout 3 to save often to avoid the latter occurring during their game and losing their progress.

Overall, Fallout 3 is truly a must have for any gamer who enjoys open world games and in spite of technical problems I experienced I have to give it a 10 out of 10 based on sheer amount of content that is packed into this game.
  72. Apr 20, 2013
    Easily one of my favorite games of all time! I could go into details why, but Fallout 3 is basically FUN and over 500 hours in-game kinda speaks for itself. A modern classic!
  73. Apr 18, 2013
    One of my top 5 games of all-time, great and huge open melancolic-postnuclear work of art, the graphics are good for the time it was released, with some bioshock silimiliarities in some parts, great scifi wasteland legend, love the liam neeson voice acting, sounds like god of heaven in your game
  74. Apr 16, 2013
    An all time classic video-game that must be played! Besides some glitches, there are no discerning issues. It's a near perfect game with an great plot, captivating game-play, and beautiful geography and music. 9.5/10
  75. Apr 10, 2013
    Although it is a rather fun game with the V.A.T.S. for the "shooter impaired" like me I found myself repeatedly thinking of Oblivion and the ilk. It may as well be titled "Apocalypse: The Elder Scrolls" for its huge similarity. Just like every other Bethesda game I've played you really need to keep at least 3 saves in case of some weird glitches (Combat save, level entry save, town save)Although it is a rather fun game with the V.A.T.S. for the "shooter impaired" like me I found myself repeatedly thinking of Oblivion and the ilk. It may as well be titled "Apocalypse: The Elder Scrolls" for its huge similarity. Just like every other Bethesda game I've played you really need to keep at least 3 saves in case of some weird glitches (Combat save, level entry save, town save) but if you can get past that it is a truly enjoyable experience. The cinematic cam for when you make an incredible shot like sniping a Raider from half mile away just feels so satisfying… until all the other raiders come after you and you can't do anything since your stuck in the 'kill cam' mode. (That combat save is rather important) The game is solid enough to support your play style, I even made a second character just to try a more frontal approach instead of the stealth I usually do. (Thief and Dishonored style gaming will always be in my first approach) The levels are well designed enough, although cover is sort of scarce for a shooter. Although there is plenty of things to pick up, not much of it is really worth attention. Tin Cans abound but you can't do anything with them for example. One thing that I really didn't like at first was the weapon and apparel durability. It makes sense, but it wasn't something in a game I really wanted. Later I found that it made me use different and new weapons during different parts of the plot. Like how Raiders use plenty of assault rifles and hunting rifles to repair yours with but you might want to use energy weapons against The Enclave since that's what they use. Healing items are rather plentiful and you'll find you don't really need them all once you get a good handle on how the game plays but get them all anyway. Your going to need them in the DLCs just to stay alive most of the time. Which pretty much sums the game up, its all about thinking about trying to survive the wasteland between the part scavenging, hostile inhabitants, and radiation. Planning your next step is always a forethought throughout the game. Expand
  76. Mar 23, 2013
    This is easily one of the best RPGs you'll ever play in your life. It plays well on Xbox and it even has amazing DLC. The GOTY edition is a must buy for any gamer
  77. Mar 5, 2013
    Fallout 3 is a game that is all about the atmosphere. The atmosphere created by Bethesda Studios in Fallout is, in my opinion, one of the most well made atmospheres in a game. This atmosphere is created and sustained through the vintage 1950's Cold War culture and a futuristic post-apocalyptic wasteland that can keep the player entertained and exploring for hours on end. With a solid gameFallout 3 is a game that is all about the atmosphere. The atmosphere created by Bethesda Studios in Fallout is, in my opinion, one of the most well made atmospheres in a game. This atmosphere is created and sustained through the vintage 1950's Cold War culture and a futuristic post-apocalyptic wasteland that can keep the player entertained and exploring for hours on end. With a solid game play system, including the V.A.T.S. stop time combat, Fallout 3 sets out to guide the player on an incredible quest of epic proportions, and succeeds brilliantly at doing so. Expand
  78. Feb 15, 2013
    There is no doubt that allot of love went into making this game. The story is brilliant and fits the universe perfectly. The first person (elder scrolls-esque) perspective fits in really well and is an improvement on the old turn based system of Fallouts 1 and 2. Stunning visuals and an impressive post apocalyptic rendition of D.C. So why don't I sound more excited by it? Because,There is no doubt that allot of love went into making this game. The story is brilliant and fits the universe perfectly. The first person (elder scrolls-esque) perspective fits in really well and is an improvement on the old turn based system of Fallouts 1 and 2. Stunning visuals and an impressive post apocalyptic rendition of D.C. So why don't I sound more excited by it? Because, generally speaking, it is a bit bland and can be a little boring at times. The dull colors really do add to the atmosphere and set the mood nicely, however, they also make everything look the same. Again I state this is a great game that just really needs a bit more color and life to it. Because as it stands, it feels like a black and white version of the Mona Lisa. Overall: A fantastic game that falls just under brilliance thanks to its overdone monochromatic and dirty tones. They're done well, and serve their intended purpose well, but perhaps a bit too well. Thanks Bethesda for keeping the series alive, and making such a great game. Expand
  79. Jan 31, 2013
    Following the global atomic war of 2077 the US has been all but destroyed. Within one of many underground bunkers built to keep citizens safe however the residents still enjoy a life free from the Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers and Mutants. The game opens with your birth within this vault and quickly moves through pivotal moments in your childhood introducing the controls and concepts ofFollowing the global atomic war of 2077 the US has been all but destroyed. Within one of many underground bunkers built to keep citizens safe however the residents still enjoy a life free from the Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers and Mutants. The game opens with your birth within this vault and quickly moves through pivotal moments in your childhood introducing the controls and concepts of the game along the way.
    During this introduction you discover that no one has left the vault in nearly 100 years yet just as you reach adulthood you awake one morning to discover that your father has left the comfort and security of your home. In trying to discover why you soon find that you yourself must leave and that is when Fallout 3 really begins.

As the vault door creeks open you get your first glimpse that the awe inspiring world that Bethesda have created. Abandoned towns, polluted rivers and mountain ranges stretch out before you and all are accessible at any point during the game. You soon realise that survival in this harsh new world will be tough.
    The main narrative of Fallout 3 is largely concerned with tracking down your father and learning his motivations for leaving the vault but as with all the best role playing games it is the side quests that really bring the game to life. These can be picked up from many of the characters that litter the wasteland and can often be completed in more than one way. Beware however that your actions will have consequences and can drastically change the game world you inhabit!

Combat itself is also largely successful. Gun and Melee attacks are performed in first person and while your ability to aim straight is important it is really your characters stats that decide how successful you are. Should you come up against a particularly difficult enemy you can thankfully rely on the VATS system. This allows you to pause the game and target specific body parts for a dramatic kill but needs time to recharge so must be used tactically. In a game this size there are of course going to be some minor bugs and flaws the most jarring of which is the inability to continue after completing the main quest. I was disappointed to not be able to complete the remaining side quests. It is very easy to overlook any slight problems however in a game as ambitious and good as Fallout 3.
  80. Jan 28, 2013
    One of the best RPGs on Xbox 360. You can start off on the main quest line but I can easily get sidetracked through exploring unknown location throughout the map. Yet again with any Bethesda RPG the odd glitch and bug but once you get past that you can truly appreciate what s superb game Fallout 3 really is
  81. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the greatest game I ever played. I spent a lot of hours of fun trying to solve every quest. It's awesome how much fun you can have playing this game. The DLC's are cool, I like the freedom this game gives you to explore the whole Capital Wasteland. It's awesome. Expand
  82. Jan 16, 2013
    Fallout 3
    Fallout 3
    Fallout 3 has to be one of the best games out to this date for the Xbox but, there are other games that are good, but this one has to be one of the best. The game was made by Bethesda Game Studios it is the third game out that is a Fallout game and this one has to be the best of the three. There is a new one out that is called Fallout new Vegas this is a good game but not as long as the older one Fallout 3. In the story, you play as a baby to start with and the world and had a war and in the war, an atomic bomb was used. A war so big that most people live in Vault underground you live in this vault with your dad and you see his life in the Vault for a bit of his life. Then your dad has gone missing he has left the Vault and is not around. You wake up and you are trying to find your dad, you get told by a friend that your dad has left the vault and you need to find him you try to leave the Vault the leader of the vault will not let you so you end up fighting your way out of the vault you leave all your friends and start trying to find your dad as you leave the vault you see the world as a waste land form the war. At this point, you can change the story and there are many things you can do you change the story from this point. As you walk around the wasteland, you meet people and you fight people who will try to kill you and there are monsters that will try to kill you as well but the idea of the game is to live and not die. And some point in the game depending on how you did the story you will find your dad who is trying to make you drink the water from a lake you help your dad do this but again you don
  83. Dec 27, 2012
    This game confused me at first, and didn't seem like much. I went thru the early stage then the world was opened up to me, and i just didn't "get it". After coming back and trying it again with guidance from a wiki, I knew where to go, and what to do, and got in to a grove. Choices matter, there's ton of stuff to explore, but you don't need to find everything or do every mission if youThis game confused me at first, and didn't seem like much. I went thru the early stage then the world was opened up to me, and i just didn't "get it". After coming back and trying it again with guidance from a wiki, I knew where to go, and what to do, and got in to a grove. Choices matter, there's ton of stuff to explore, but you don't need to find everything or do every mission if you don't want to. The RPG elements such as growing skills and building/repairing weapons is great for tailoring your gameplay to fit your preference, and the stories and side-quests are actually fun and interesting! The shooting and fighting isn't as tight as say Borderlands, but it holds its own, and the auto-targeting system (again, optional) helps get you out of any annoying jams where you can't catch an enemy in your aim (we're not all Call of Duty, combat ready with the thumbsticks, after all). It's also actually handy to be able to switch between first and third person whenever you wish as well. Try the GOTY version. Expand
  84. Dec 26, 2012
    The first fallout I have played, and I instantly became a fan. I like the whole skills, perks, and SPECIAL system, and even just how the game felt as I was playing. How you could be good or evil was also something I enjoyed (and I was always evil). Great open world game.
  85. Nov 14, 2012
    One of, if not the best game for the current generation. While having not played anything like this before this was a completely fresh idea to take the fallout series into the First Person RPG. The main story of the game is not great but it is just a drop in the ocean compared to the size and scale of the rest of the game. I could easily spent hours upon hours just exploring and comingOne of, if not the best game for the current generation. While having not played anything like this before this was a completely fresh idea to take the fallout series into the First Person RPG. The main story of the game is not great but it is just a drop in the ocean compared to the size and scale of the rest of the game. I could easily spent hours upon hours just exploring and coming across different things across the wasteland and have managed to have over 200 hours played across different save files. Every gamer should have played this game and at its current price you would be silly not to at least give this a try Expand
  86. Oct 29, 2012
    Fallout 3 masterfully creates a parallel universe for players to explore and lose dozens of hours in. No other game of this console generation comes close to offering the amount of content, freedom of choice, and level of immersion that can be found here.
  87. Oct 27, 2012
    Fans of Mad Max and science fiction should love this game. I had never played a RPG before and I loved it. I will warn people who have never played a RPG before that it is a long slog and you will spend a long time searching through boxes in the desolate wasteland, although you should love the action / first person rpg system.
  88. Oct 9, 2012
    It's a fact that RPG's are one of the most influential genres of all times. RPG's have given us a new way to immerse our selves in a world of interesting characters and epic stories. Although I am in the minority I think that RPG's of previous generations were far superior than now a days. I am not a fan of these modern RPG's like Mass Effect and Skyrim (before you flip out I admit theyIt's a fact that RPG's are one of the most influential genres of all times. RPG's have given us a new way to immerse our selves in a world of interesting characters and epic stories. Although I am in the minority I think that RPG's of previous generations were far superior than now a days. I am not a fan of these modern RPG's like Mass Effect and Skyrim (before you flip out I admit they have some fun in them too). It was a big surprise to play 'Fallout 3'. I couldn't believe that this game would turn out the best yes the BEST RPG of this generation. Like other Bethesda games the lore in this game is amazing. Actually that is the main plus for me. Was the gameplay fun yes, the story yes but it was the artwork, secrets, ester eggs and the environment that hooked me to the game. The reason I prefer Fallout 3 than the modern RPG is the difficulty. Although people don't admit it modern day 'masterpieces' like Mass Effect and Skyrim are way too easy and need basic skill to beat (not all modern RPG are like this ex. Dark Souls). But Fallout 3 has survival horror in the mix which makes it more challenging, rewarding and in my opinion makes an overall better game. Some flaws of the game are the minor bugs,and the somewhat dated visuals. When it comes to gameplay this is similar to an FPS making it more surprising that I like it (I hate FPS mainly tks to COD). There are many guns and you always have the awesome V.A.T.S in your command. This awesome feature slow down time and lets you aim to specific body parts..The Characters in this game are all thought out and all are a bunch of fun to talk to. Another plus in this game is the side quests. Unlike Skyrim were you have hundreds of side missions here you have less but they are more thought out and in my opinion miles better than the retarded pointless miscellaneous tasks like Kill a troll quests in Skyrim. The Biggest problem in this game is for people without the GOTY edition or specifically broken Steel DLC. This is because some bonehead thought that you cant end the game and continue playing. You need to load a previous save data. This is luckily fixes in broken steel. Side note this idea of not allowing you to continue is so stupid this problem is also found in New Vegas and Rage. If you are buying this game and you should make sure to pick up the GOTY edition which has awesome DLC like two of my favorite DLC on the 360; Point Lookout and The Pitt. Not much is left to say other than BUY THIS GAME. All gamers should buy this game especially the Survival Horror and RPG fans!!! Expand
  89. Sep 11, 2012
    There's tons of first-person and third-person shooter games around these days, but Fallout 3 is 5th best shooter I've ever played after Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Snake Eater. The only problem I have with this game is that they went a little crazy on it being non-linear. A mini-map would have been nice to include in the gameplay, for example.
  90. Sep 3, 2012
    A fantastic post apocalyptic RPG with an extremely addictive personality. Fallout stands up to Oblivion and may even surpass it. It has some of the best open world exploration that gaming has to offer
  91. Aug 14, 2012
    Every once in awhile you get a new game that completely sucks you in, and you become completely immersed in a world for hours on end. Other games eventually follow that are similar, and might even have better graphics, but these "landmark" games are the ones that rejuvenate your gaming enthusiasm and will always stick with you. This is one of those games, and I haven't even played theEvery once in awhile you get a new game that completely sucks you in, and you become completely immersed in a world for hours on end. Other games eventually follow that are similar, and might even have better graphics, but these "landmark" games are the ones that rejuvenate your gaming enthusiasm and will always stick with you. This is one of those games, and I haven't even played the DLC. Four years after the initial release, I'm still thinking about picking up the GOTY edition and having another playthrough. Expand
  92. Aug 6, 2012
    2008 game of the year and did it diserve it hell yes the game is slower than fallout new vegas thats why the newer fnv newcomers dont like it i played the first fallouts and this one was a welcome revival to the series
  93. Aug 1, 2012
    Fallout 3 is possibly even better on the Xbox than on the PS3. It is the greatest gaming experience ever created, and blows all other game series out of the water.
  94. Jul 19, 2012
    Excellent choice of character customisation in Fallout 3, not to mention the a bright green warhawk haircut! Many other awesome features are included; my favourite being the sense of awe that's experienced whenever the game is played. Also, with the Bloody Mess perk; gore has never been so good.
  95. Jul 11, 2012
    I bought the GOTY edition,and must say that this is the only RPG I have gotten all of the DLC for and played through it all. I'm actually reconsidering buying the GOTY edition for my PS3 as well just to play it all over again. Absolutely great RPG by Bethesda.
  96. Jul 3, 2012
    This is one of my all time favorite games, the story, gameplay, and sound all stand out in this title. There is so much stuff to do that you will spend well over 100 hours finishing side quests and exploring. The combat is unique to where a blend of turn based action with shooter mechanics fleshes out a new combat style. The environments are beautiful, including all the DLC which adds toThis is one of my all time favorite games, the story, gameplay, and sound all stand out in this title. There is so much stuff to do that you will spend well over 100 hours finishing side quests and exploring. The combat is unique to where a blend of turn based action with shooter mechanics fleshes out a new combat style. The environments are beautiful, including all the DLC which adds to the already massive and immersive fallout world. The VATS finishing kill cams never get old no matter how long you play. There is just so much good content in this single game that even without the DLC it will satisfy you for hour on end. The DLC is just icing on the cake. Even though its aged you should buy this game. Expand
  97. Jun 30, 2012
    What is there not to love about Fallout 3, there is a real sense of achievement playing this game which rewards you when u level up and get perks which means you can make the player the way you want whether you want him to talk his way out of most things or do high damage in melee to explosion expert its up to you. The scenery in the game is amazing a pure work of art and the design of theWhat is there not to love about Fallout 3, there is a real sense of achievement playing this game which rewards you when u level up and get perks which means you can make the player the way you want whether you want him to talk his way out of most things or do high damage in melee to explosion expert its up to you. The scenery in the game is amazing a pure work of art and the design of the wastelands monsters are original and well designed. the feel of the 1950s retro America just adds a nice touch to the feel of the game and for me made it more enjoyable to play.The big thing i love about this game is ur karma, do good deeds you get good karma and people treat you better and sometimes give you ammo where s if u go around killing people you get bad karma which will make people treat u differently and sometimes attack you. The story line is pretty good tho i wish it was longer and enjoy the way the game literally begins when you are being born. over all this is a fantastic game which u will love right to the end and if you haven't already bought it i would advise that u did Expand
  98. Jun 12, 2012
    This game is THE best game I'VE ever played. I love this game so much, I've spent alone 100 hours on one save file, this excludes the four other save files I have for this game. This game was my first RPG game that I had ever played, and still my favorite. At first when I played the game, I escaped the Vault and didn't know where to go after it. So I quit playing the game and eventuallyThis game is THE best game I'VE ever played. I love this game so much, I've spent alone 100 hours on one save file, this excludes the four other save files I have for this game. This game was my first RPG game that I had ever played, and still my favorite. At first when I played the game, I escaped the Vault and didn't know where to go after it. So I quit playing the game and eventually ended up selling it. After a chat with my friend about the game, he changed my mind and I thought I would give it another try, and boy was I glad he changed my mind. I started off a new file just so I could remember everything that happened. The reason I quit the first time was because I didn't know where to go or what to do. (Note: This was my first RPG so give me a break) After I left the Vault on my new file, I found Megaton right away, and after that I was hooked. The story, the characters, the big opened wasteland, the weapons. I beat the main story in about 4 hours. I knew I had to get the GOTY edition because I wanted to enjoy this game more. I got it and man I didn't think it was possible to be blown away even more than I already was. I don't want to keep babbling on about how awesome this game is because than you probably won't want to read this, but this game is a MUST buy, because you will love it! Expand
  99. May 24, 2012
    One of the best games ive ever played. Beautiful open massive enviroment with so many locations to discover that arnt even part of the main quest. Its a game for explorers who like to just delve into a huge world filled with all sorts to discover and collect. Great leveling system and the perks you can chose give each character an individual and unique feel. Cant express enough how massiveOne of the best games ive ever played. Beautiful open massive enviroment with so many locations to discover that arnt even part of the main quest. Its a game for explorers who like to just delve into a huge world filled with all sorts to discover and collect. Great leveling system and the perks you can chose give each character an individual and unique feel. Cant express enough how massive the game world is and being totally open you can chose which direction to walk and press forward for hours before hitting the end of the map. But you dont have to walk too far to find a new location to explore or monsters and raiders to fight. 10/10 any rpg fans dream game. This is skyrim/oblivion with guns and a future feel to it Expand
  100. May 22, 2012
    I've been gaming for years so I've played loads of great games but for me fallout 3 is top of my list. I'm on my third play thru and it's just fresh each time. Was so disappointed with new Vegas and hated how reviewers kept saying the graphics we're like fallout 3. They weren't, fallout 3 graphics were far better.
  101. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. I would give this a 10, but I thought the ending was really dumb. I'll rant first about that then heap on praise. For example why couldn't Fawkes do it again? Or the robot? Or the girl who hasn't done anything ever? And why does the game end if I don't die? Broken steel really saved it and made it a better (if less impactful), but also more sensible ending. The game itself is really fun, open, hilarious, engaging, and amazing. Walking around DC is really cool, seeing actual buildings and locations and how they have changed. The main plot is also engaging and the side missions are often hilarious and really fun. There are some issues such as framerate and freezing, but not enough to effect the score. Collapse

1. Fallout 3 is an experience in itself, and while it may not offer as much replay value as Oblivion, it’s so much more then an “Oblivion with guns”.
    From the hollow wind blowing down through subway tunnels, to the radioactive dust clouds swirling throughout the wasteland, up to the buzzards circling the encampment where the bodies of 30 slave traders lie; Fallout 3 is as much a game as it is a training sim for the coming apocalypse.
  3. In fact, Fallout 3 is leaner and meaner than Bethesda's previous efforts, less expansive but more intense, while still offering immense replay value and quite a few thrills along the way.