7.4

1. Sep 20, 2011
    Best Fallout DLC I have EVER played, including the Fallout 3 DLC. Great storyline, great location, great characters and great weapon additions. Definitely worth the 800MSP for at least ten-twenty hours of gameplay.
  2. Sep 20, 2011
    A really great add on that is a must for every fan of the game. A lot more expansive than Dead Money and really has a great story akin to Old World Blues. This DLC gives a solid 10 hours of gameplay which is very much worth the price tag. The new weapons, characters, enemies, and areas are all really great and original as well. I would highly recommend Lonesome Road to any player who lovedA really great add on that is a must for every fan of the game. A lot more expansive than Dead Money and really has a great story akin to Old World Blues. This DLC gives a solid 10 hours of gameplay which is very much worth the price tag. The new weapons, characters, enemies, and areas are all really great and original as well. I would highly recommend Lonesome Road to any player who loved all the other DLC. If you are a first time buyer, this would be the first DLC I would suggest, although it is not for the faint of heart (the game suggests a minimum level of 25 before starting Lonesome Road). Expand
  3. Sep 21, 2011
    Excellent DLC. Great end to the FO:NV series. I couldn't ask for more from a DLC. Weapons & armor are great, as is the general atmosphere. The spoilers here are too heavy to discuss, but they do make an impact.
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    I must first state that I am a big fan of Fallout: New Vegas and I own all of the DLC for it. Lonesome Road is the final DLC out of four, and ties up the story of the Courier. Gameplay (7/10): Don't expect much different from the Fallout Universe, it plays the same exactly the same as the other DLCs and the maingame so there is nothing different there. However, one would argue that youI must first state that I am a big fan of Fallout: New Vegas and I own all of the DLC for it. Lonesome Road is the final DLC out of four, and ties up the story of the Courier. Gameplay (7/10): Don't expect much different from the Fallout Universe, it plays the same exactly the same as the other DLCs and the maingame so there is nothing different there. However, one would argue that you shouldn't fix what isn't broken. The story of Lonesome Road is an impressive one indeed, and does a wonderful job of linking the Courier and Ulysses together. Having purchased all of the other DLCs before Lonesome Road, you do pick up slightly more information about Ulysses than you would simply playing Lonesome Road, but most of it is quirks and trivia. Simply playing Lonesome Road provides you with sufficient information to understand the plot with Ulysses and the Courier without needing prior backstory.

Graphics: (6/10): Of all the DLCs released for Fallout: New Vegas, Lonesome Road is the DLC that suffers the most from 'Sepia syndrome'. Pretty much everything you're going to see in this DLC is a shade of brown or grey. It adds to the overall dilapidated feel of The Divide, which in some ways works in it's favour, thus why I gave it a 7. However, if you're looking for a DLC with a bit more colour, leave this and head towards Old World Blues or Honest Hearts instead.

Sounds (8/10): I would argue that the sounds in Lonesome Road are perhaps it's best feature. The Divide is not a nice place to be, and the chilling silence and small noises here and there, combined with the dark landscape only work to give you the overall feeling that The Divide is hell on Earth. In this sense, Bethesda outdid themselves. This is the most chilling Fallout has ever sounded.

Multiplayer: N/A

Lasting value: (6/10): Unfortunately, like most DLCs within Fallout, once the main story has been completed and the side quests cleaned up, there is little in the way of continuation. During the main storyline of Lonesome Road, regardless of how lonely the overall DLC sounds, there is a constant feeling that you aren't alone. Ulysses, the other NPCs and enemies make the area feel like it's inhabited - infested, almost. However, once the DLC is finished, the Lonesome Road almost feels empty, like there's very little left to 'find', as it were. While the warheads do offer some continuation for those completions like me, past that you'll find little to hold out for here.

Final comments: The Lonesome Road is what it is: DLC that will continue and sum up the story of Fallout: New Vegas in a way that only Bethesda know how, and in that way it is brilliant in it's own right. However, just like so many DLCs not just in Fallout, but the world over, their longevity is short. Enjoyable, but unless you're a big Fallout fan, perhaps worth a miss.
  5. Feb 28, 2013
    This turned out to be my favourite DLC, even though it's the shortest of the Add-on packs. It's very focused, so don’t expect many side quests to pop up during your travel through the Divide. The Divide itself is pretty cool, and it has a nice back story. There are also some cool new weapons and armours included, like the Arc wielder, the Red Glare (Divide signature weapon), and the RiotThis turned out to be my favourite DLC, even though it's the shortest of the Add-on packs. It's very focused, so don’t expect many side quests to pop up during your travel through the Divide. The Divide itself is pretty cool, and it has a nice back story. There are also some cool new weapons and armours included, like the Arc wielder, the Red Glare (Divide signature weapon), and the Riot Gear armour (Special NCR Ranger armour). The story was also very good, so overall it’s a very good DLC pack, which I really enjoyed. Collapse
  6. Oct 4, 2011
    Overall, this add on I would say is a huge disappointment. At first I liked the idea of the lonesome road, but the story is boring, and the game play is extremely difficult. So difficult I did not even enjoy the add on anymore. Pass on this one.
  7. Oct 3, 2011
    Well what can I say other than what a disappointment. The first thing I can say about this DLC is that its frustrating, boring, and not too rewarding. This game does deliver more fallout gameplay. Good or bad, i'm a sucker for it. The three things I appreciate in this DLC are again the 5 additional levels that by the time i'm complete my courier will feel more like a god than a mailman.Well what can I say other than what a disappointment. The first thing I can say about this DLC is that its frustrating, boring, and not too rewarding. This game does deliver more fallout gameplay. Good or bad, i'm a sucker for it. The three things I appreciate in this DLC are again the 5 additional levels that by the time i'm complete my courier will feel more like a god than a mailman. The additional weapons are also very cool, not a ton useful as I found myself using mostly my .50 cal, Tommy Gun, and Alien Blaster to plow through the hordes of annoying Tunnelers and Deathclaws. This game also brought forth ED-E or well a different one though, he was in the trailers. He is probably the most memorable character in the whole Fallout NV game, let alone the DLC. He spits out dialogue and boops and bleeps that strangely create a relationship. Ulysses is one annoying guy, the guy sounds like he has lung cancer and has a tremendous amount of dialogue that I have to bear through. This DLC is harder than Dead Money at certain parts. I played through Dead Money on Normal and only died 3 times, I played Lonesome road on Normal and have died close to 20 times. The developers also though hey lets piss on all of our fans and just throw handfuls of Deathclaws everywhere, not smart. The environments vary from boring walks on the "lonesome" highway, to interesting firefights in crashed skyscrapers, to wishy washy battles in bombed out towns. However i really felt at times that I was playing a poor version of Fallout 3 with an orange haze over everything. All in all the gameplay is there, its solid too. The story and new environments aren't. Sad to see this game go out on such a low note. Should have ended with Old World Blues. Guess we'll have to wait and see what's in store for us in the next Fallout, if there is one. 6/10 Expand
  8. Sep 24, 2011
    I found this quite easy but it has the best storyline of all the DLC so I would recommend this to anybody who has played the main game as it ties up the loose ends nicely.
  9. Nov 14, 2011
    One of the best DLC's for Fallout New Vegas. The DLC adds a full games worth of content, it is also one of the most challenging DLC's I've played so far. Unlike the rest of the DLC's Lonesome Road is linear, but you can leave and come back at any time you want.

The new weapons are very good, and my only concern is the high cost of purchasing these weapons.
  10. Oct 23, 2011
    Although this DLC seems a little over worked at, it turned out to be a well rounded finish to the story of the Courier and the mysterious Courier-6. With new items, new quests, new locations and a nice finish to the continuing mystery surrounding the main character, the Courier, it will be placed on my list as a better than average DLC. If you really find yourself into the lore of Fallout,Although this DLC seems a little over worked at, it turned out to be a well rounded finish to the story of the Courier and the mysterious Courier-6. With new items, new quests, new locations and a nice finish to the continuing mystery surrounding the main character, the Courier, it will be placed on my list as a better than average DLC. If you really find yourself into the lore of Fallout, want some new places to go because the desert of the Mojave is getting boring or simply shoot stuff then this is the additional content for you! I also found myself going back to this additional content every now and then to do some hunting of the extremely dangerous monsters and it was great fun! Expand
  11. Jan 19, 2012
    I didnt like it that much compared to Honest Hearts. You get about 6 hours of gameplay but you will spend about an hour or so of that getting the one collectable in the DLC. This DLC is also insanely hard and should be tried unless you have a lot of powerful weapons (for Deathclaws and the final boss) and armor, Also a ton of health packs too. Also the map for this is terrible and chancesI didnt like it that much compared to Honest Hearts. You get about 6 hours of gameplay but you will spend about an hour or so of that getting the one collectable in the DLC. This DLC is also insanely hard and should be tried unless you have a lot of powerful weapons (for Deathclaws and the final boss) and armor, Also a ton of health packs too. Also the map for this is terrible and chances are you will get lost numerous times while playing.

Overall, Its ok but I wouldnt buy it unless you wanted the challenge or you want to 100% the game.
  12. Apr 3, 2012
    Awesome ending the the game (but it isn't the ending!). It would have worked a lot better as an epilogue mission, but whatever. Anyways Really fun playing and figuring out your past. A little bit of problems with the story telling and the ending is kind of weird, but overall worth the buy.
  13. Mar 20, 2012
    I don't view this as a disappointment, but rather as something unexpected. I assumed too much about my own knowledge of the Courier's story, and most of it was proven incorrect. I was driven to completion of this DLC based on the search for more knowledge, which it delivered 10fold. Unfortunately, it still left some questions unanswered. This is probably the second-best Fallout: NVI don't view this as a disappointment, but rather as something unexpected. I assumed too much about my own knowledge of the Courier's story, and most of it was proven incorrect. I was driven to completion of this DLC based on the search for more knowledge, which it delivered 10fold. Unfortunately, it still left some questions unanswered. This is probably the second-best Fallout: NV DLC, simply because it signalled the end of a wonderful gaming experience.

20+ hours of gameplay doesn't hurt either.
  14. Jun 21, 2012
    I end the Fallout New Vegas dlcs with Lonesome Road and just like Fallout 3, the last add on was the worst. Lonesome Road had a okay story line nothing like the other dlcs story line's. Very easy add on but leveled up 6 times in this dlc so that was. Very short like 1-2 hours long. Overall a very disappointment last on for Fallout New Vegas. Fallout New Vegas - Lonesome Road 6.4/10
  15. Mar 9, 2013
    So, I got to play this DLC out of Honest Hearts and Old World Blues, and since that Lonesome Road was supposedly the epic climax to all that we should know about the courier, I was immediately brought in to take the divide by storm. Unfortunately, it became more furiating than I thought so. Now, I finally got the whole post-apocalyptic feel that I missed from Fallout 3 out of thisSo, I got to play this DLC out of Honest Hearts and Old World Blues, and since that Lonesome Road was supposedly the epic climax to all that we should know about the courier, I was immediately brought in to take the divide by storm. Unfortunately, it became more furiating than I thought so. Now, I finally got the whole post-apocalyptic feel that I missed from Fallout 3 out of this particular DLC, but maybe too much this time. There is almost literally nothing left, full of death and toil and ruins all across a wasteland with "marked men" flooding it. And those marked men, god damn are they a handful. I wouldn't be so bothered with having more creeps ever so willingly try to dismantle me, but these guys really takes the cake for being otherwise too hard to deal with. Also, the Deathclaw's, while not being anything more unique, now do more damage and have more health packed in for some incomprehensible reason other than to be some unecessary obstacle to the good parts. While the whole mythology of making choices and finding yourself does seem to entail the courier, as indeed you feel like you are spanning a long journey to 'find' yourself, or just kill ulysses, I'm not sure which, but while Ulysses is a complex men with a lot on his mind and nothing to hold back, I never feel that everything about who the courier is is explained here. Perhaps it was because half of the dialogue planned for him was cut as well as him from the original game, or maybe because of his slow and casually melancholy tone. I did feel appreciated for the style of it's environments, but this DLC only has one mission at hand and only one path to go. Sound's like more of a linear shooter now, does it? And that's what really kicked the shins for me on this DLC. The Answer I was hoping for did not get solved, my reasoning for doing this in the first place not wholly explained, and my attempts to ever go back to this DLC gone out of the window. For it being the ultimate climax, I would highly suggest that this is the worst DLC out of all 4 of them. Try it if you like, but remember that this DLC is not a RPG of any sort. Expand
  16. Dec 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you enjoyed the previous DLC's for Fallout: New Vegas then you might find Lonesome Road to be a disappointment. First off, your reason to even venture The Divide is to find a guy you've never met, so you can answer for something that you (the player) never did. Lonesome Road tries to crowbar in a backstory for the player's character, The Courier, so he/she has a reason to meet with Ulysses, the main antagonist of Lonesome Road. Ulysses was the courier that left you with the job of bringing the Platinum Chip to Mr. House, something the player is aware of during the main quest, but this has very little to do with Ulysses's plans.

Ulysses blames The Courier for accidentally bringing a device to The Divide, back when it was a supposed prosperous society. The device held launch codes that remotely detonated dormant warheads that laid underground throughout and brought devastation to The Divide. All of this, however, was unbeknownst to The Courier and to the player. This falls flat because of it, and throughout the DLC you'll be questioning why you're even continuing (other than the fact that you purchased it). The only upside to playing this DLC is ED-E. No, not your robot companion from the main game, technically. While it does seem to be the same robot, it is also a different one, sort of. This isn't explained well enough through dialogue but it boils down to this: same software, different hardware. Throughout your travels ED-E will occasionally play a recording of Dr. Whitley, his creator which gives you some insight into ED-E's history up to the point you encounter him at Primm (if you even do). The audio recordings are fun and interesting to listen to and ED-E does have a lot more personality here than in the main game. Unfortunately, this the only personality you'll get from any NPC in this DLC.

It doesn't help that Ulysses is also **** crazy. When you first encounter him, or at least his voice via ED-E, he talks in vagueness and obscurity which is somewhat intriguing. However, a few conversations later you'll realize that Ulysses only talks vaguely and has very little to actually say. This was a major detachment from the game for me, as his dialogue became long and monotonous- it went nowhere. Even after meeting him face to face, his dialogue still felt padded as if whoever wrote his dialogue had to meet a quota of a certain number of pages of dialogue. And I still didn't even know why I made the trip!

The ending doesn't offer much in the way of satisfaction, other than choosing to bomb either NCR, Legion or both, there's not really much payoff for what was a terrible build up anyway. The ending video leaves you questioning your entire journey through The Divide- whether or not you should have made it. While most of the ending was blabbering dribble like the rest of it, there was a small, tiny sliver of what it might have all meant. It shown a different light on the line that Fallout is known for- War. War never changes. But men can change. While I think this would have been a decent wrap up and end to the DLC, they never truly got the point across. Unfortunately, the only thing that needs to change, is their writing. Other than a few new weapons, an increased level cap and a couple Perks, this DLC offers very little to those who have the other story-based DLC's. Approach with caution.
  17. Mar 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you're a fan of the Fallout: New Vegas back story, this is a must play. With around 6-7 hours of game play, it raises your level cap by 5 and introduces new powerful weapons and armor. The story is on par with OWB and is nowhere near as aggravating as Dead Money. You get to keep all of your weapons as you enter The Divide and can choose to come and go as you please. The protagonist, Ulysses, is probably my favorite character in all of the FONV DLCs. Through him, you'll find the history of The Divide and learn about your own past. As an added perk of the DLC, you can choose whether or not you want to nuke the NCR and/or the Legion in the Mojave. Despite all of these great characteristics, Lonesome Road isn't perfect, even if your character is at level 25, the stronger deathclaws and Tunnelers can be difficult to deal with if your character runs out of stimpaks. Also, the Fallout game play is really showing its cracks. While V.A.T.S is still fun, it's been played out if you've played all the Fallout content that's been around. Bottom line: If you're ready for a tough challenge but fun challenge, awesome new weapons and the climax to the story of the Courier, then this should be right up your ally. Expand
  18. Sep 20, 2013
    Lonesome Road does one thing very well; atmosphere. The completely wasted scenery, rolling winds and barren landscapes of The Divide are amazing and well designed. The DLC also comes with a decent helping of new weapons and armour, as well as a few new perks. The lonesome road itself is quite linear, which is restrictive compared to the freedom of walking the Mojave in the main game.Lonesome Road does one thing very well; atmosphere. The completely wasted scenery, rolling winds and barren landscapes of The Divide are amazing and well designed. The DLC also comes with a decent helping of new weapons and armour, as well as a few new perks. The lonesome road itself is quite linear, which is restrictive compared to the freedom of walking the Mojave in the main game.

The DLC's greatest weakness is the flimsy back-story between the Courier and Ulysses, which is never very well explained and never feels particularly relevant to the player's character. Ulysses himself is a formidable presence and I'll give his voice actor a cookie for his excellent performance, but he seems to repeat himself and a lot of what he says is just padding and poorly-explained symbolism about Bulls and Bears.

The ending of the DLC feels suitably climactic and the aftermath of the awesome final decision (new areas of the Mojave) are a really neat addition. The Long 15 and Dry Wells feel amazing and, again, they've captured the desolate atmosphere perfectly. Overall, a fitting end to Fallout: New Vegas, just not a perfect one.
  19. Jun 16, 2013
    A great endgame DLC for a great game. Only issue I can think of on hand is how tricky it can be to get Ulysses to recognize you as Independent. I love dialogue and thought provoking discussion, and this DLC had it. It wasn't easy as well, some of those nasty tunnelers almost got the drop on me. If you own Fallout, there's no reason not to. At it's best, it's a DLC that challenges theA great endgame DLC for a great game. Only issue I can think of on hand is how tricky it can be to get Ulysses to recognize you as Independent. I love dialogue and thought provoking discussion, and this DLC had it. It wasn't easy as well, some of those nasty tunnelers almost got the drop on me. If you own Fallout, there's no reason not to. At it's best, it's a DLC that challenges the choices you make-one that isn't common in the industry. Ulysses will oppose your line of thinking, making you think who you are fighting for. At it's worst, it's a more expensive Gun Runners Arsenal with 5 extra levels. Expand
  20. Oct 29, 2013
    Lonesome Road is definitely lacking in some ways, mostly in terms of the background of the player character, but far surpasses the other DLCs in many other ways. It has a good setting, plot and an interesting antagonist. It also has genuinely challenging gameplay that avoids the incredibly easily slaughter that most high level characters will enact upon Honest Hearts while also avoidingLonesome Road is definitely lacking in some ways, mostly in terms of the background of the player character, but far surpasses the other DLCs in many other ways. It has a good setting, plot and an interesting antagonist. It also has genuinely challenging gameplay that avoids the incredibly easily slaughter that most high level characters will enact upon Honest Hearts while also avoiding the obnoxious and annoying 'difficulty' of Dead Money. Overall, Lonesome Road is a good DLC that avoids the troubles of the earliest two DLCs but still suffers a bit on account of the confusing and forced relationship between the player character and the main antagonist. Expand
  21. Nov 9, 2014
    Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road is a great dlc and also my favorite. You get to explore The Divide where the setting is basically the same destroyed buildings and rubble everywhere. The one thing about the environment I like is that you get to travel on a long, open highway that is difficult to maneuver and fun to explore. Another unique area is The Courier's Mile. It's a veryFallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road is a great dlc and also my favorite. You get to explore The Divide where the setting is basically the same destroyed buildings and rubble everywhere. The one thing about the environment I like is that you get to travel on a long, open highway that is difficult to maneuver and fun to explore. Another unique area is The Courier's Mile. It's a very challenging place to explore because it's very irradiated and is filled with deathclaws and enemies that regenerate health from the radiation. This area is hard to fight in but it's satisfying to beat. The story is really excellent that adds a lot to the lore and the dialogue from the main NPC of the dlc, Ulysses, is very interesting to hear. Unique weapons and armor are also added that are very good and powerful. This is the best dlc for New Vegas and anyone who owns the game should get this add-on. Expand
  22. Feb 28, 2013

1. Jan 23, 2012
    After meeting Ulysses and bringing Lonesome Road to a close, I had nothing but admiration for the mysterious, exciting, brutal and beautiful trek I took through the ravaged remnants of the Divide. I greatly appreciated the change of pace and shift in tone away from the core content, and the events which transpired were a great way to cap off a massive, top-tier RPG like New Vegas.
    Lots of new fun guns, but it's a bit too short.
  3. A big disappointment. [Christmas 2011, p.113]