8.0

1. Oct 22, 2010
    When I read a lot of the reviews given here I'm really reminded of the movie Idiocracy. Especially read the review from Guardian. How is it possible to detail such flaws in a game and also score 100%? Really I think that speaks volumes about the average gamer and the industry. Ok, I'd really love a sports car but if the wipers were where the licensce plate was and the side mirrors were on top of the hood and one door was a different color I wouldn't give it a 100% pass and i wouldn't be saying ah don't worry it will be getting fixed later, the company will look after it sometime way off in the future. Look if a game is broke or buggy then you take off some points. Just because you loved Fallout 3, great, go rate that game. This one is buggy and broken and deserves severe reductions. So what if Bethesda says they are going to fix it. It isn't fixed yet. When it is you can adjust your reviews. Broke is broke. This game is a mess that isn't ready to be released and these companies are taking far too many liberties with their gamers who support their wages and companies. Send your message to these software companies that we are not putting up with this anymore. Please click yes to my review so Bethesda starts getting the message that the well is about to dry up and they better get their act together. Expand
  2. Oct 19, 2010
    Simply an excellent addition to the Fallout canon. An imaginative and extremely crafted story, numerous and refreshingly enjoyable side quests and engaging and thoughtful characters. This game will appeal to fans of Fallout 3 primarily, yet occasional references to previous games in the series to keep die-hard fans happy. By allowing Obsidian to create this game, it allows them to strike a near perfect balance of the complete Fallout experience. Many hours of mine have already been sunk into this game, and if you are looking for a thought-provoking enthralling video game adventure then look no more. This might sound sycophantic and gushing, yet this game really has brought a smile to my face. Roll on Fallout 4! Expand
  3. Oct 25, 2010
    I just want to add that the recent update seems to of got rid of the crashing problem. Well... It seems to for me as it hasn't crashed on me yet! :)
  4. Oct 20, 2010
    I am truly shocked at what I am seeing. The reviews for this game are WAY too high. It doesn't make any sense. I was a huge fan of Fallout 3 and the add ons that came later. New Vegas is a major step back from the last game. I have played it for 8 hours and so far it has frozen 4 times. I have also noticed online that this is a widespread problem that everyone is experiencing. Even if it was not freezing, the frame rate is unbelievably bad, with stuttering and slow down every 2 minutes. It is truly unacceptable for such a big release, but even worse is the praise this game is getting despite the major game breaking problems. Imagine if you found out games like Halo Reach, Call of Duty, Bioshock, or Mass Effect were going to freeze once every 2 hours. Gamers and reviewers would be beside themselves and the reviews would reflect that anger. Games of that magnitude would never be released to the public until those major issues were ironed out. For some reason New Vegas is still getting amazing reviews despite these problems. For example, Giant Bomb gave the game an awesome score despite reporting that the game froze 12 times in 33 hours of play. 12 TIMES! Seriously people, I love Fallout and I know you do to, which is why Fallout: New Vegas is unacceptable. Expand
  5. Oct 19, 2010
    "Fallout: New Vegas" is a glitchy and kitschy variation on the Fallout tradition. The bugginess of the game exceeds any I have played for the XBOX 360- with frequent crashes, clipping plane problems and enemy AI failures. Nevertheless, it IS more time in Bethesda's inspired 3d-version of the Fallout game series- and for that reason it at least deserves your consideration. It must be said- many hours into the game- that I have yet to encounter a moment as awe-inspired as that first time you exited Vault 101 in "Fallout 3"- met by endless vista of ruined civilization. "Fallout 3" created such an all-encompassing vision of a ruined Capitol city that it remains, several years on, one of the most memorable moments in modern gaming- and I'd be lying if I didn't admit I've hoped "New Vegas" might have similar moments. A dozen hours or more into the game, I continue to feel as if I'm wandering around inside a gigantic, somewhat middling bit of "Fallout 3" DLC... Here's to hoping things improve as the story unfolds. Expand
  6. Oct 19, 2010
    After the game forced me to restart my system 3 times in as many hours I figured I would be in for a rough ride (and a possible red ring). I didn't experience any crashes during the next 5 hours of play though which gives me hope. There are however some other serious pathfinding glitches for monsters and NPCs. One of which allowed me to complete an upper level quest (that involved killing 3 super mutants at the same time) at level 3. The introduction of the hardcore mode makes up some of the technical issues though. I'm actually having a lot of fun, as much as when I played Fallout 3, which is what I wanted but didn't really expect. Expand
  7. Oct 19, 2010
    Excellent game that excels in its narrative combines it with a well structured world to explore and with incredible voice acting. I'm only 12 hours in but the game already is well worth its value. So if you ever have time visit Vegas but be aware. It will keep you.
  8. Oct 28, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So, I guess I'm just curious about one thing... Did anyone at Obsidian or Bethesda TEST this game before releasing it and stamping a $60 price tag on it? And which outfit do we hold responsible for this mess? In a nutshell, technically, Fallout: New Vegas is the most glitch stricken, lag-ridden cluster fudge of a game I have ever played for the 360... Period. There are load times that exceed 3 minutes, frequently (the longest one I had, and yes I was sad enough to time it, along with many other lagging load times... 5:48, no joke). Seven times it froze my 360, and at some very crucial moments in the game. It even froze during the ending story slide show, right in the middle of telling me what happened to The Kings! I don't even want to go back and play it again to finish it, I'm just too pissed off right now (and afraid it will freeze on me again). How could this happen? You guys are supposed to fix glitches and bugs, not make them worse! Here is one harrowing and horrid, detailed example of my hell ride through the Mojave Wasteland...

Followers: This once useful tool in the D.C. Wasteland became a broken nightmare in New Vegas... I finally found enough parts to fix Ed-E and we were off, together at last, with my sensors all perked up. I knew he was there, not because I could see him behind me, but because he played a highly annoying tune every time he attacked an enemy. Somewhere along the journey, I stopped hearing Ed play his ear-blistering music. I had already saved my game many times when I finally noticed my flying robot was no longer covering my back. So, I went on a search for him, but to no avail. So, I figured I'd be smart and go back to Primm, where I first fixed him up and found him, and alas! There he was, stuck in the wall of a random building, not responding to my attempts to move him or talk to him. What good is the companion wheel now if you can't access it outside of a conversation with your companion? So, since I can't talk to him, I cannot tell him he's fired from my services, therefore, according to other people in the environment, and other potential followers, he's still happily floating above my head, but he really isn't there at all. He is in Primm, stuck in a wall. So of course, when the time comes to help ol' Rex, he can't follow me because I still have a nonexistent robot hovering above my head, who is still stuck in a wall, in Primm. However, I still have the sensors perk and I don't have to hear his over-zealous attack song anymore, so this is positive for me in a way... Anyway, I finally get to meet Raul and he decides to tag along with me. He is not so useless. As A fighter he really kicks some ass and he seems like a cool guy. His repetitive comments get VERY old, but he's nice to have around in a pinch. So, during the heat of combat with some Fiends holed up in a vault, I began to realize that my trusty ghoul follower was also nowhere to be found and I was not informed of his death. Sadly, I found him stuck in a rock, unresponsive, the same as Ed. So now, I have two nonexistent followers that everyone can smell and see but me. Thanks a lot team New Vegas! Not sure how this went undiscovered...

A few quick questions, for whom it may concern:

1) How does someone own a bed when their brains are splattered all over the Mojave?
    2) How is it that this game lags out, slows frame rate, or clips every 10 seconds when I am not playing others online?
    3) Why is my character falling through the floor of the game and landing in random spots around the game world? 4) Why aren't there mods available for cool guns, but the Varmint Rifle night scope is so readily available long after you've gotten rid of it for something much cooler, like the sniper rifle?
    5) Why add more perks then let us only choose half as many? Seriously?
    6) Why are enemies and followers alike getting randomly stuck in cars, rocks and walls?
    7) Why does your game repeatedly and consistently freeze my console?

Now, I must say, story wise, this game had a lot of potential, but it seemed rushed. I recall, in a lot of different conversations, that the voice of who I was talking to would randomly change, even one time changing from a man's voice, to a woman's. These things, along with all the previous rants and questions, are just unforgivable for a game of this caliber. From a technical standpoint, this game is an absolute turd and it will take a miracle, not a patch, to fix this technical train wreck.

On a positive note, the musical score for this game is quite amazing. I love it. The sounds were also quite realistic, from gun shots to (repetitive) background noises, but unfortunately, these sounds also lagged behind, hearing a gun shot or a footstep 2 seconds after firing or stepping. I score this game a highly frustrating and sorely disappointing: 4 out of 10.
  9. Oct 23, 2010
    I really really want to finish this damn game but just will not let me. every 30 seconds my saves are corrupt, or it freezes, or i cant fire my gun, or the game thinks some downloadable content cant be accessed for some reason. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE and in the condition it is now just cant recommend buying this game unless they get around to fixing it.
  10. Mar 8, 2011
    It's a great game. Carries on in the style of the last game (same game engine). Experienced wasteland warriors will know what to expect. There's a few little bugs. I had to restart from a previous save one or twice during the game. Loads of quests and sidequests. I think the humor is funnier and a little darker than the last game. Multiple companions are allowed this time.

You can play
    anyway you want to progress the story. I went from good to evil and back as I saw fit. It can really affect your standing with different factions in the game.

Well worth playing
  11. Nov 8, 2010
    It genuinely doesn't get any more buggy than this. A real crime, as Fallout: New Vegas had all the makings of a classic, but such poor quality in execution is unacceptable.
  12. Oct 21, 2010
    After spending 100 to 150 hours behind Fallout 3 and its related downloadable content, I was extremely excited for Fallout New Vegas. My excitement was short lived, however, once I loaded up the game and realized very little has changed between the two. Many existing aspects of Fallout 3 were simply copied and pasted into this title including, but not limited to, GUI, player models & textures, terrain models and textures, and even the ambient location, day and night music. While some may say the overall familiarity is a strength, I disagree and see it as somewhat of a weakness. There is a difference between a warm blanket and a used blanket that is too small to use and Fallout New Vegas is turning out to be the latter.
    ---
    The modified Elder Scrolls engine is starting to severely show its age and bugs that were a part of that engine in Fallout 3 can still be found in Fallout New Vegas. New Vegas has it's own share of entirely new bugs as well which affect the game across all three platforms. Sometimes you may go hours without noticing any of them and sometimes they may be so severe that they prevent being able to play entirely. Mobs regularly fall through the terrain texture or freeze in place, doing nothing. Sometimes the game doesn't open up content-sensitive doors or areas during a quest arc until manually reloading the game. Frame rate stutters and entire game lockups happen with alarming frequency and on PC, bad DirectX calls can crash the entire game.
    ---
    The voice acting is terrible and it's apparent they used the same small band of people to do all the voices except for major characters who got star treatment and the radio is disappointing, again, unfortunately, with the same old boring tracks on each station with the same old boring announcements by the "DJs" (sorry Mr. Newton, even Mr. Vegas can't save these stations, but at least there's no "Three Dog AHOOOOOOOOOO" this time).
    ---
    This isn't to say the game is all bad. The new crafting mechanics are well implemented, as are the changes to ammo varieties. The story writing is top notch and the various currencies add a lot of flavor. If, of course, you can play the game long enough without it crashing.
    ---
    Overall, I think the game is getting far too much praise for the title name alone and nostalgia for the previous version. Fallout New Vegas does very little different, or even better than, its predecessor and the repeat gamebreaking bugs make the game difficult to enjoy while playing. As I previously alluded to, when playing New Vegas, I feel like I'm trying to use a 5 year old blanket that I've outgrown: I know it could be warm and great, but it's a struggle to use.
  13. Oct 21, 2010
    Fallout: New Vegas is a massive step forward for the Fallout series. I've clocked 6 hours now and haven't even seen the Vegas Strip, and that's not a complaint. It's almost identical to Fallout 3 graphic-wise, suffers the same glitches here and there, and shares extremely similar mechanics. But in no way is it merely an expansion of Fallout 3. It's a totally new game and feels like one from the start. The customisation is more in-depth than I imagined. You're now able to customise your weapons from adding scopes and silencers, down to what type of bullet it fires. There's no feeling of monotony or boredom anymore and the game is even more challenging (hardcore mode aside). You now have almost full control over the story, with most quests forking into several routes, letting you make important decisions for yourself. That said, it's a Fallout game, it's for the fans. If you did not like Fallout 3, there's no way you'll like New Vegas. If you haven't played a Fallout game though, this is one that would be too big a shame to miss. 10/10 Expand
  14. Oct 30, 2010
    A mindless, repetitive, non-rewarding, non-challenging, glitch-infested time sink. This has to be the most boring, dull, generic game I've ever seen in my life. I don't care about any of the people in this game, whether they live or die or what, because they're all so lifeless, like talking mannequins. All the actors say their lines without emotion, like they don't give a damn what happens. If they don't care, why should I? And none of them have any charisma, none of them memorable. And the environments that you'll be traveling through are also incredibly dull. Lots of sand, rocks, torn up pavement, broken bridges, rusted cars, rusted shacks; nothing but brown and gray for as far as the eye can see. As for the gameplay... you walk around for hours exploring the most boring world ever conceived for a video game, kill things and talk to people, and you're either more powerful than the enemy or not. There's no strategy, no planning. Just grab the most powerful weapon you have and hope it's good enough. You won't know you're underpowered until it's too late, so expect to have to reload a previous save often. When you're exploring the wasteland, most enemies will spot you before you spot them, and when they see you they will run full speed at you, and they're always faster than you, so there's not a whole lot you can do but shoot, shoot, shoot. No strategy required, no intelligence required. The highly touted VATS system that allows you to target specific body parts of your enemies is rarely effective when you need it to be. Want to shoot a giant monster that's charging at you like a bat out of hell? Well, in theory, you could shoot him in the leg to slow him down, but that strategy only seems to work against lesser enemies, those that could be taken out easily without VATS, making it nearly useless. And as for the character building... it's just a crap shoot. Should I put more points into 'lockpick' or 'science'? I don't know, because there's no way for me to know how effective those skills will be later on. There may only be a couple of instances where science is useful in the entire game for all I know. If I played through the game a second time, then I would have a better idea as to which skills are more useful, but who in their right mind would want to play through a 100-hour RPG again? So the only other way to know which skills are best is to ask someone that has already played through the game or read a guide, which feels like cheating, because it is cheating. And how am I to feel rewarded after that? I won't. Which makes playing this a waste of time. Just a horrible game all around, really. I think the reason it's so popular is because there's nothing else quite like it. It's a unique experience. And that's why many people play video games, to have a unique experience. I play them to have fun, however, and that is why I'll be playing something other than Fallout New Vegas. Expand
  15. Oct 19, 2010
    This games title is misleading, it should have been called Fallout 3: New Vegas. If you didn't follow the dev cycle of New Vegas you might not have know that this game uses the same engine that powered Fallout 3 (also Oblivion, both by Bethesda); that means that game mechanics, quest structures, color palette (apocalyptic brown), AI, game assets, shoddy character animations, HUD and UI and even V.A.T.S. is all the same as Fallout 3. That being said, if you're a fan of Fallout 3, you'll definitely not want to miss New Vegas. However; unfortunately Obsidian Entertainment's envision of the Fallout Universe is not quite as polished in its implementation, as its predecessor. There are bugs, AI glitches such as NPCs and creatures spawning under terrain, clipping problems such objects that occupy the same space and clip through each other and look sloppy, textures not loading or not visible (such as your gun and arm, which happens randomly), areas where your character will get stuck and force a mandatory reload to proceed, and these are just to name a few of the problems on the Xbox360 version - problems with the NPC AI being the biggest detractor. Another negative aspect of the game is that, unlike Fallout 3, most areas in the wasteland lack the polish of 'The Strip' (the strip is a sight to see) and feel drab or boring in comparison. Also another area I felt was lacking was the voice acting, you can really tell that Obsidian skimped in this area, overall the Voice acting is just horrible compared to F3 - I'm talking about monotonous dialogue and tons of different NPCs who use the same Voice Actor with little to no distinction between them. Despite the games obvious flaws there is much to like (especially if you liked F3), a whole new (long) story line, another large sandbox wasteland to explore with numerous quests (a lot of quests with multiple outcomes, and ways to complete them), countless NPCs (the story writers for this game is exceptional), Vying factions which fight for territory- the NCR, Great Khans, Powder Gangers, The Legionaries, Mr. House, Fiends, and more, some of which you can join and become apart of. There are tons of references to the original Fallout games, lots of new creatures (several of which return from early Fallout games like the Gecko), new weapons, new perks, new recipies can be made on a campfire or a workbench now, and you can use a reloading bench to recycle ammo, or convert ammo types. There are also A LOT of minor tweaks and welcome additions to the Fallout 3 formula, such as new interface and commands for companions, gambling, weapon mods, all the weapons now have iron sights in first person (bravo), weapon repair kits, a new hardcore mode where you have to monitor food, water, and sleep- are just a few of the additions. The writing and dialog in the game has a more mature nature and emphasis on dark humor this time, and the quests are never repetitive, they are exciting and quite amusing at times: definitely the best part about New Vegas. This is another extremely long single player experience and will most likely take people over 100 hours to see everything in the game, not to mention the immense replay value this time around because of the many different vying factions, the quests with multiple outcomes, and different paths to follow all make New Vegas a great value to any fan of Fallout 3 or fallout in general- I just wish that there wasn't so many problems, and that the game used a new engine as the elder scrolls 4 engine is really starting to look dated. If it wasn't for the large amount of content and re-playability I would not consider this to be a stand alone game, rather an expansion pack for fallout 3. Fix the bugs Obsidian, and I would rate the game a 8 or 9/10 as I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3. Expand
  16. Nov 1, 2010
    Fallout:NV does not offer much difference from Fallout 3. The main difference is the setting. I really liked Fallout 3 and as far as gameplay goes this is pretty much the same.
    The main problem with the game are the glitches. Wow. Often times objects flicker or turn green for no reason. There are other visual glitches as well. Most negative things I have read about the game center on the
    bugs and glitches and rightly so. I especially don't understand how a console game can be released with this many problems. I understand PC versions to an extent due to the massive variety of hardware and software platforms that must be supported. However, a console like the Xbox360 is basically the same hardware regardless of model. If you liked Fallout 3 consider this a big expansion pack and you will probably be satisfied. Expand
  17. Dec 17, 2010
    It seems like everyone who reviews this game can only focus on the glitches and bugs. But now that most of them have been fixed by patches, it really should be clear that Fallout: New Vegas was a great game all along, underneath its technical failings. Sure, it's more of the same stuff as Fallout 3. But it also changes and adds several new features that make it feel fresh even if the core gameplay is based off a previous formula. The game world itself is also very fun and interesting to explore, which is probably the most important part of a Fallout game. I recommend it to anyone that liked Fallout 3. Expand
  18. Oct 20, 2010
    Fallout New Vegas is a truley outstanding game and in my oppinion, it's everything you liked about Fallout 3, but somehow manages to step it up to the next level. Everything Obsedian decided to change from the former title is for the better. The ability to play in real time alone is enouph to make me like this game more than FO3. They have added COD like iron sights to most of the guns and also the awsome vats animations when you kill someone happen in real time as well. Vats is still here and better than ever with more real looking animations that never get old. Weopon Mods, Companion Wheel, and double the weopons from FO3, they've got my money! Expand
  19. Oct 19, 2010
    This game is good there shouldn't be any negative reviews because it is a good game. I highly disliked mw2 but gave it a decent score because I relized it was a decently made game. vegas has its problems ( mostly tech), but all games do and that shouldn't stop a game from getting good reviews, which is why a 0 for this game or almost any game for that matter should not be an option.
  20. Oct 25, 2010
    Let me first say that Fallout 3 was the best gaming experience I've enjoyed. Needless to say, I was excited about a continuation of the series, regardless of the developer.

Although I'm still playing it and find it entertaining, it's just not on the same playing field as Fallout 3. If I had to describe the game with one word, my word of choice would be 'buggy'. Other posters have
    mentioned crashes, etc. While I have not experienced bugs of those magnitudes (yet), I have experienced a multitude of smaller bugs (some have been mentioned by other posters) that just annoy the hell out of me. The writing seems to be on par with other Fallout versions and I'm always entertained, even though having to deal with the bugs. The game play itself is decent and there are some creative ideas that have been implemented that makes the New Vegas version enticing.

At the end of the day, will I play it? Yes. Will I finish it? Yes. Will I enjoy it? Yes. However, after playing the game I find it may be more of a desire to re-live Fallout 3 and the series as a whole and this way, I guess it's worth the play. I feel like a heroin addict that's been given methadone. It gets me over the need but sure as hell doesn't give me the buzz.

My suggestion: wait 6 months and buy that game used or at a $30 price tag. You'll enjoy it more for not having to pay a premium price tag for a less than premium game.
  21. Nov 14, 2010
    Great game. I have had very few glitches, so i cannot comment on those. The game has new editions to it to keep it fresh, and i've found it highly entertaining. Choices and their related consequences have a large role in the game, so multiple playthroughs is a definite option. I recommend it.
  22. Nov 11, 2010
    This game is nothing compare to FO 3. the map ig BIG but nothing significant to see. few shacks, hills, dry lake, few gas station, oh ya hoover dam, maybe few caves ? and it has lost unique touch or feel of apocalyptic world. it is just plain dessert nothing else nothing more. i don't want to mention about the BUG, i accept it. human made after all.
  23. Nov 10, 2010
    Fallout New Vegas would be a superb game if only they had actually finished making it before they let us buy it, the game has so many technical problems, bugs and glitches that it makes me wonder if they actually tested it at all prior to it going on sale.
    I really enjoyed Fallout 3, the best waste of time ever and when New Vegas was announced I was eager to get back to exploring the
    wastes, first impressions were good, I had the obligatory up till 4am gaming sessions with "I'll just see whats over that next hill" excuses, it was just like FO 3 all over again.
    A few glitches with things getting stuck in the floor and or falling though it completely started to happen, things that I had seen in FO 3 so not a great surprise but then it got worse, the game would lock up, pausing and stopping game play completely at random but increasingly frequent times, loading screens went from being a 20 second hindrance to a full couple of minutes then to top this off the game now stops you from continuing from your last save, or any save for that matter. at 60 hours in (obsessive? no) that is a real problem, the idea of going back to the start again is not really that appealing.

New Vegas IS a good, even great game but it just doesn't work, if it did I'd have no problem giving it 10/10 but as I can't get it to actually play anymore its a 5, the fun I did have before it stopped working was good, I'd have loved to see more, another lazy developer.

Shame.
  24. Oct 24, 2010
    So I've just spent the last 40+ hours playing Fallout N.V. I've been on vacation. For the most part I think that they have outdone themselves. I'm just now getting really into the main quest and am nowhere near done. The landscape is stunning, many of the creatures are new. The stories are very thought inspiring. You cannot just solve every mission with gunfire and not expect consequences. I've read some other reviews that complain " Oh no this mission destroyed anothers mission". Or "I can't kill anyone without pissing someone off". Well no kidding! Far as I can tell wouldn't that be life? And aren't rpgs supposed to be based on life? This is the first game I've played (and I've played many rpgs) that attempts to hold you accountable for your choices. Yes some missions do destroy others. But I'ts to make you think. I've experienced very little on the bugs. Nothing that seemed any worse then Oblivion or Fallout 3. If your not familiar, just some odd behavior in the graphics. My system hasn't locked up or anything. Although after about 12 hours+ of gameplay, it has really heated up and take a while to load.The companions that you can get are for more in depth then Fallout 3. Each has their own story and mission, although it may take some time to get the mission. I really like that there is a lot more to do with scrap items and plants in this game. I was hoping there was going to be some naturtal survivall tekniques in this. You can also breakdown ammo for use to make other ammo. I also like that with workbenches and some skills and attributes you need a required amount of a given skill, or it just won't work. Oh little tip, money and really good items are VERY hard to come by. Gamble (Ruellette) but save after each spin. Time consuming but worth it. So for in depth stories, action, faction interaction and making it really hard to survive I give this game a 10. But for Oblivion graphics bug I got ta knok off 2 points. C'mon Bethesda, youv'e had these issues since Oblivion. You can't fix them? Also note to parents! I wouldn't get this for childeren. It's very violent and gory, full of language, and not on the esrb rating what I would say to be partial nudity. For adult players... Get it now!! Expand
  25. Oct 20, 2010
    A marvelous addition to the Fallout franchise. Even if the bugs prohibit some players to enjoy the game to it's fullest. They are a minor inconvenience to an otherwise excellent game. The story is compelling, the graphics still hold up to today's standards. Overall, an excellent and a must buy game.
  26. Oct 20, 2010
    While the game is definitely not a large step on either Bethesda or Obsidian's part to add a new and original life to the Fallout 3 franchise, the game accomplishes it tasks to improve slightly on appearance, and milestones in gameplay. You are now free to explore Fallout 3 Vegas style with more than a little of a western touch. Forget about stockpiles bunches of gear and be ready to live conveniently from your own pocket as well. With the improved gunplay(different types of ammo, resistances to damage from types of armor) this game may suit a larger audience than the first. I even got a sense that Obsidian was catering to a generation of shooter lovers fans(make no mistake this is completely different than COD) by amping the excitement and pace of how you shoot and use guns.

All in all, Fallout: New Vegas is the same old, but is absolutely necessary for fans of the series; especially in regards to the competition it has with other RPG's on the market.
  27. Oct 20, 2010
    By no means is this game perfect and some patches are needed but the core gameplay should more than satisfy and fan of Fallout 3. I have played this game for 9 hours so far and have had trouble turning it off because I want to keep exploring. More cool weapons and more interesting places and people. If you have space I suggest installing it to your hard drive and it will run more smoothly. It froze a few times so Kavorkian gives it a 0? Makes sense, might want to check your xbox. I love how its either 10 or 0 for user reviews haha. Expand
  28. Oct 23, 2010
    alright so i bought this game thinking i would be playing a brand new, bug/glitch free fallout. WRONG. right off the bat this game is filled with glitches out the wahzoo. besides that, every mission pretty much gives you the option to go against other missions, without the player fully knowing, and allowing them to ruin their game most times. yeah we get it that the game wants the player to have a choice but to an extent. i feel like there is no one set path to follow and its very confusing to play. when i start a mission i have to think "will this make everyone in the game pissed at me or will i lose missions." i feel like this game was rushed to get out and there should have been more work put into this. it shows minimal improvement from the previous game and that came out 2 years ago. its very frustrating to play and i certainly wouldn't have minded waiting another 2 or 3 months for this game to be released if i knew it need so much work to be done to it. Expand
  29. Jul 7, 2011
    Too many bugs and glitches and save files can be corrupt. The only good part of this game is an open world where you can explore for a lot of hours. Fallout 3 was way better than New Vegas.
  30. Dec 26, 2010
    very good. i liked fallout 3 better but this game added new things to it that made it all worthwhile. not must buy but maybe a must try at least.
  31. Oct 20, 2010

1. Feb 11, 2011
    Until Fallout: New Vegas gets a major patch that fixes the problems, it can only be recommended to gamers who have a high threshold for frustration.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    If you didn't enjoy Fallout 3 or are not a fan of RPGs in general, then you'll probably disagree with me. Everyone else should seriously consider taking a road trip to New Vegas.
  3. Jan 16, 2011
    The technology of the newest part of the fallout series is over aged and besides the hardcore mode and the reputation-system, the new features of New Vegas are manageable. But altogether, New Vegas is a successful new part and not just an add-on, with more than 100 hours of gaming, an interesting story and a new setting to explore.