4.9

1. Nov 22, 2012
    You know the game is garbage the second you put the disk inside your console. Anything that you dreamed this game will be like will not be found. There's a reason they didn't have any demos or show any videos of the game before it's release. Gameplay is atrocious and comedy is non existent. Save your money!
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    I myself love Family Guy so I came into this challenge wishing for the best. Needless to say I was given the exact opposite. The game is a terrible mix of unrelenting, repetitive game play that at times makes you want to punch your controller. And generally, punching your controller actually helps just as much as trying to play the game. Its a terrible mess of polygons slapped together toI myself love Family Guy so I came into this challenge wishing for the best. Needless to say I was given the exact opposite. The game is a terrible mix of unrelenting, repetitive game play that at times makes you want to punch your controller. And generally, punching your controller actually helps just as much as trying to play the game. Its a terrible mess of polygons slapped together to make a branded piece of merchandise that falls flat before you even know what hit you. You could either buy this game, or kick a baby. The later making more sense. Collapse
  3. Jan 26, 2013
    Games based on TV series tend to be at risk of not feeling authentic enough to sit alongside the established universes that they offer. Back to the Multiverse decides to throw away the challenge of making a compelling game to sit alongside the TV series and instead gives us two discerning fingers right up the jaxie. The main problem is the game is roughly 4-6 hours of constant shooting,Games based on TV series tend to be at risk of not feeling authentic enough to sit alongside the established universes that they offer. Back to the Multiverse decides to throw away the challenge of making a compelling game to sit alongside the TV series and instead gives us two discerning fingers right up the jaxie. The main problem is the game is roughly 4-6 hours of constant shooting, constant enemy respawning and alas constant boredom. Dialogue is recycled in a nonsensical manner from the TV show for instance Brian will belt out that he needs a midget with some gin to be in business- with zero relevance to what is going on. There are challenges to take on, a local multiplayer option and a seemingly impressive array of collectibles. But all of this doesn't make up for a shoddy, half arsed lazy cash in. Just watch Family Guy on DVD, at least you will get original concepts and ideas as well as shed loads of crass humour. Pick this up and bird won't be the word- but turd will. Expand
  4. Jan 4, 2014
    Family Guy Back To The Multiverse- one of the funniest bad games. The game is broken and very small but the gags are there and that makes it playable. For the fans it's nothing new- Stewie and Brian go full on violent on the bad santa and his elves. Well to me- it's hilarious because- IAM a family guy fan. Seriously guys, this game's machanics and pace is so bad but it's so good. Back toFamily Guy Back To The Multiverse- one of the funniest bad games. The game is broken and very small but the gags are there and that makes it playable. For the fans it's nothing new- Stewie and Brian go full on violent on the bad santa and his elves. Well to me- it's hilarious because- IAM a family guy fan. Seriously guys, this game's machanics and pace is so bad but it's so good. Back to the multiverse is a very mediocre and broken third person shooter with a well writing and some laughs. This is a rent only for family guy fans. Expand
  5. Sep 12, 2013
    Dreadful, the whole title is a lie, for there is almost NO multiverse aspect in this game, you only visit the locations you see in the older episodes of the show. This is a dreadful game as far as AI and gameplay is concerned. A awful TPS with copy and paste mission objectives stay away from this game. Do not buy this game avoid it like the plague.
  6. Oct 2, 2014
    I gave it a 4 because I did play it all the way through and had some fun. It was just eh... At first I was really excited about this game. It seemed like a unique escape from the FPS COD, Halos, GTAs, Saints Rows, and Skyrim. I had good but grounded expectations on this game. Or maybe not, I have seen every episode of Family Guy and I was hoping for something original, but everythingI gave it a 4 because I did play it all the way through and had some fun. It was just eh... At first I was really excited about this game. It seemed like a unique escape from the FPS COD, Halos, GTAs, Saints Rows, and Skyrim. I had good but grounded expectations on this game. Or maybe not, I have seen every episode of Family Guy and I was hoping for something original, but everything was recycled. This game is as cheap as they come. When you play it, you get the impression they blew their entire budget on getting the rights to Family Guy.

Seeking that escape from COD and other FPS, not hating, just played so much of it (logged over 30 days play time xbox live COD MW2) during this time that this game was a pleasant change. I was so wrong. This was a complete recycle of COD MW2 maps. Most notably the Airport level on this game is almost a clone (just rearranged) of the controversial "Terminal" level on COD MW2. The multiplayer is straight up boring, I only played it to get the achievments. If it were online based multiplayer, it could have been fun.

Last the audio is HORRIBLE! Every single sound bite has been taken from Family Guy the TV show, there is nothing original at all. Maybe I am expecting too much but some of it is so off and clearly edited in it reminds me of a kidnapper in a movie that does not want their voice to be recognized so they take a famous person and use editting to rearrange the audio to communicate a ransom demand. Ah great example, google the Brian Williams Snoop Dogg Edit.

Anyways, the only positive I have to say about this is:

-The theme and humor elements
    -The controls (cloned from COD)

I would only recommend renting or buying this game used. Spend no more than $10 on this title.
  7. Dec 3, 2012

1. Jan 19, 2013
    Appalling levels, terrible writing, repetitive gags and weak shooting mechanics make for one of the least enjoyable experiences of 2012. Be smart and avoid at all costs. [Issue#93, p.82]
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    Funny but mediocre shooter that a mother (or a hardcore fan) couldn't love. [Feb 2013, p.78]
  3. Jan 10, 2013
    Not good. Not funny. Which is a sin for a Family Guy game.