8.5

1. Mar 2, 2014
    I've been dying for this game to come out, watched every video, read all the news and rumours, and then when it came out, I skipped my exams, went home and played it for a good three hours straight. And now that I finished it. Here is my "opinon"

Story: this game focuses on insanity. And while leaving some plot holes, it makes you think is it bad story telling or is Jason Brody insane?
    And a lot of the stuff could be a fragment of his diritating mind?, but from what I gathered it's a great story that keeps you guessing, and while having two okay endings.. It's still pretty unique and covered the insanity tale well. The cast of this game is well done, from spies, to Australians to Germans, to Americans, all is AAA voiced acted. Everyone sounds authentic. The animals sound terrifyingly satisfying. The guns sound different and all the brushes and wildlife sound authentic.

Graphics: being a console, it has it's pop ins and some screen tearing but overall looks great with a nice sense of cell shade. The fire is the best I've seen, especially when coming from the flamethrower. The rain is all well and good, but sometimes storms appear out of the blue, not in a realistic way, the waters look nice but could of used more splashes when swimming fast, again it is consoles.

Gameplay: very diverse, stealth works well, and guns blazing is great also, lots of weapons (43) and attachments to buy etc, 85% of this game you choose ur style some missions would require a specific approach.

Overall it is a reveloutionary single player FPS and it destroys it completion I'm the single player experience, I'm a offline gamer (a rare dying breed) to do everything it take about 35 to 50 hrs, you get ur money's worth, go and buy it now.
  2. Feb 19, 2014
    I like this game quite a bit but a huge downfall was the fact that you can't carry anything. I found the crafting to be boring and unnecessary. The open world feels isolated and empty in comparison to Just Cause 2. This is also one of those games where you can die just by jumping down a small ledge.
  3. Feb 17, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is the best game ever for about five to ten hours, then starting forest fires with a flamethrower and blowing up a animals with an RPG just kind of gets old. I like the story and the setting. The landscape looks great and its really cool that the box art is actually a real spot in the game (try to find it!). The weapon selection and upgrades are nice. I liked how you had to work to open up the map and aim to make targets show up. I felt cheated every time I died due to the game breaking it's own rules. The enemies are a little funny at first, but they only said a few lines, so I got pretty tired of them fast. I spent over 50 hours in the game because I went after absolutely everything, and I can say that there is no reward in getting every piece of loot, so resist being a completionist. The driving should really have been third-person because walking everywhere got very tedious. My car would either explode or get stuck on a twig within 20 seconds of getting in it. The choices of the open world made the game open-ended for different styles of play. For example, I took an outpost with only two bears when I could have used bullets or bombs or arrows. Overall, this title is a good open world game with so much to do and good memories to have, but little short on the story mode and gets slightly repetitive. Expand
  4. Feb 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the best game I have ever played. There are lots of animals you can hunt, Lots of guns you can shoot and lots of vehicles you can drive. Lots of people hated jason but I loved him. I do wish that they kept vaas alive, he was awesome. You should go out and get this game now. Expand
  5. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You may have noticed that people don't have the guts to try something different and unique in video games. Ubisoft do though, they've made an open-world first-person shooter called Far Cry 3. We don't get games of this kind nowadays, but this has been pulled off. It's an outstanding game and one that everyone should pick up. This is a game with reasons to explore, an engaging story and satisfying gameplay. It's spectacular!

Far Cry 3 has a meaningful story that will put you on the edge of your seat. You play as Jason Brody who's friends have been captured on an Asian island during a vacation. It's Jason's job to save his friends and seek revenge on Vaas Montenegro who has killed your brother and runs an organization of pirates on the north side of the Island. Although Vaas is a villain in this game, he's someone that you will fall in love with once you get to hear what he says and see what he does and is an awesome guy, and one of the many unforgettable characters in Far Cry 3. Everyone has something special about their personality and actions and you will love them all. Even if you don't like some of the characters, you weren't supposed to. Jason's friends are like the dumb and arrogant teenagers that you've probably come across in your life.
    Then, there's the music which really matches and engages with whatever you are doing as Jason or whatever you are doing whilst exploring. When you're engaged in combat, the music is fast and dramatic, but when Jason is doing something in a cut scene, the music is really quiet and gentle.
  6. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a great game. It's epic. The only reason I am not giving it a ten is because it's not the best I've ever played, but it's def one of the tops on the list. It gas a great level up system. Hunting to upgrade your stuff is fun and was a great idea. I normally am not a stealth type player , but even going in stealth mode on this game was fun. The game starts off good, then gets a little better, and by the time you are deep into the story you will be sitting on the edge of your seat . It's a definite buy and I very picky on actual buys. It has a good amount of replay value and even just doing the story without side missions you will still get your money worth out of hrs played. I still have not gotten every achievement. This talking about it has got me ready to play it now lol. Right now I'm playing Dead Island and it's a suckfest. So go buy far cry 3 and enjoy..

Also I have noticed that ppl complain about there not being a lot of guns. But there is a decent amount and you have many mod options on em. And I'm sure the ppl complaining didn't do as many side missions as me. To let you in without a spoiler . Let's just say there are quite a few more guns than you are expected to believe.
  7. Jan 15, 2014
    The story is unique. It includes survival and action/adventure. However, I just wish there were more story missions. There's lots of things to do. I got tired of Far Cry 3 one time. Coop is terrible because it seems like I could never get to the last mission. People kept quitting the game and then I had to start over. I'm not complaining. Vaas is the main character because Rook Island is his home, and it shows Vaas on the front cover. Overall, Far Cry 3 is average. Expand
  8. Jan 15, 2014
    The overall graphics, level design, face renderings, character voices and animations are all incredible. The detail is staggering when stopping to take a look at just about anything. I didn't experience a single crash which is uncommon with games this size and speaks to the overall quality of the development. The game started a little slow for me since the player must craft certain important items from animal hides you laboriously hunt (or hunt you), and I also spent most of the time in the bushes with a crossbow throwing endless rocks to manipulate the pirates for stealthy take downs. But later, the game did speed up after the tedious starting items and story elements were completed, and it felt more like an FPS and less like Thief. The skill tree is helpful and not too obnoxiously big or complicated. Movements are fluid and precise. I didn't care for the single save, forced crafting on most items, repetitive engagements with Vaas (definition of insanity?), and monotonous side quests (which you start to feel towards the end). I didn't play FC1 or 2, but this was on sale for $14.99 and though I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did, it's truly an elite game. Be patient with it, the rewards are big. Expand
  9. Jan 15, 2014
    Beautiful open-world environment. Superb cover mechanics in gunfights. Great leveling-up and crafting system. Rarely have I felt so nervous to venture out into unknown territory, but the difficulty level is perfect. The villain's voice actor may actually be a psycho in real life. My favorite parts were the genuinely trippy psychedelic experiences that are part of the gameplay (not mere cut-scenes) which exemplify the developer's artistry. I have very minor complaints about the second half of the story, as well as the protagonist's voice acting, but all-in-all you should definitely play this game. Expand
  10. Jan 12, 2014
    Returning to the island paradise setting of the original Far Cry 3 is, for me at least, the best in the series by far. Having seen family members and friends captured by the psychotic pirate Vaas following an adventure holiday Jason sets out to get them back. Starting as a neutral figure, afraid to even fire a gun at first, he is quickly transformed by his experiences as the game progresses until pretty soon all manner of options are available to the player to best defeat their enemies.

Truth be told the actual story missions, while usually passable, are far from the most interesting aspect of the game. All too often they fall back on video game clichés with the use of QTE’s and escort missions being particularly irritating. What truly makes Far Cry 3 the game it is, is the fantastic open world that allows for all manner of unique, and totally unscripted, events. Talk to anyone that has played the game and they will tell you of events that only they will have experienced. Fortunately the actual gameplay mechanics are also very good with weapons having a real sense of weight to them as well as the welcome freedom to choose from going in all guns blazing to taking a more stealthy approach thanks to the use of 'Takedown' moves that can be unlocked.

All in all this one comes highly recommended.
  11. Jan 6, 2014
    Positives: Good production value, loved the open world aspect, variety of weapons and tools.

Negatives: Excessively repetitive, graphics for most secondary NPCs and textures were very sub par, main voice actor was not very strong.

If you play games to get achievements then Far Cry 3 is your game....lots of hide and go seek achievements: find these relics (they all look the same),
    find these memory cards, kill this animal, kill this person (they all look the same), take over this base (it looks just like the last base you took over), unlock these weapons we stole from Call of Duty, etc, etc. The game got very boring to me other than 3 or 4 really fun sequences in the main story in between hours of doing the same thing over and over and over.

I was really hoping for a better game based on the reviews. However, I like games with good story telling and more variety and this game simple didn't have enough of that to justify a better score...however it did hold enough of my interest to play it until the end, which obviously means I still enjoyed it to some degree.
  12. Jan 5, 2014
    Enredo e gráficos e mecânicas são bens trabalhada proporcionando um ótimo jogo.
  13. Jan 5, 2014
    The first 10 minutes of the game you instantly grab emotion towards the player as you watch a realistic experience in which could happen. You're been captured by pirates on a mysterious island and its up to you Jason Brody to track down and rescue your friends. Playing for hours and hours into the game you soon discover this isn't your typical island, each character you meet is strange in a good way and each play their certain role. Walking around the jungle isn't you're best option when hunting down you're friends because your soon find out the hunter will become hunted. Stretches of unpredictable exploration and free-form hunting alternate with challenging pirate confrontations, sometimes culminating with a rocket blast to the helicopter hounding you from above, is what this game has to offer .The ambitions within the game is crazy and is a finely tuned adventure that gets better and better as you play. Far cry 3 is one of the most appealing games of 2012 and will go down in history as one of the best open world experiences Expand
  14. Dec 30, 2013
    I'm totally enjoying playing this game! blowing up the enemy with mines and c4, sniping them from a distance, and I really like using the bow with flame and exploding tips, and the normal arrows are good for taking out guards too.
    I like the way you can knock off enemies using different knife techniques/take downs.
    And those damn guard dogs! :-)
    and here it comes.....the AI is not
    consistent. I find that sometimes I'm next to an enemy and they don't see me, but other times they do. This makes it difficult to predict or how to approach an enemy base camp.
    I don't think I'm going to bother finding all the relics. I'm not sure if there is a point to or if you are awarded with doing so.
    The game is getting a little repetitive, but still fun to play. Graphic are good, I turned the music off so I don't know if it is any good.
    Its not quite a 9 or 10, and a 8 is a bit low so I'd give it a 8.5 (if I had that option)
  15. Dec 17, 2013
    A game to dive into, experiment and explore. Easily one of the best shooters ever, better even than the original Far Cry. Story and setting are incredible, gameplay is king.
  16. Dec 1, 2013
    MUST PLAY!!! If you enjoyed playing Red Dead Redemption you will enjoy this game. I've played Far Cry 2 on the same system, and pretty much everything that annoyed me in the last game got fixed! I give this game a solid 9. It's not perfect but it deserves it: Let's start with the negatives: -I found storyline boring and quite stupid. Especially moments when he blacks out and there is a stupid action event knife fight.
    - Main character Jason is kind of a doushe bro and I found him annoying, well that's ok with me. I really dont' care.
    -I really don't care about his friends either. They seemed like bunch of self entitled rich kids to me.
    -Only one type of the environment, just the jungle. In second one there was Savannah and the jungle. May be in the next game you can get on the plane and fly to another island with different scenery.

Now what I like in this game:
    +It's a gorgeous looking game, and I'm a person who doesn't really care about the graphics.
    +This game has a BOW, and you can do some Rambo like killing with it.
    +What is awesome about this video game that you have and open world to explore. Meet new bad guys and them kill them. It's not just your regular FPS, you get to sneak on some bad dudes and cut their throats, that's what I found the best about this game. Only few missions are sneak around only, but for the most of the game you don't have to sneak around even once.
    +Can customize weapons
    +Killing animals and crafting stuff
    +Putting this on fire is pretty cool
    and so on...

I would definately pick up this game if I were you, it's pretty cheap now and it is definitely worth it.
  17. Nov 28, 2013
    Positives:
    -Open world allows for good pacing when it comes to action. Also, it is in the jungle and you can hunt wildlife.
    -Go in guns-a-blazing or stealthily. Pick people off from long range or go up close!
    -RPG elements such as upgrading equipment and gaining new skills as you progress.
    -Likable archnemesis in Vaas and a few interesting characters though nobody is really fleshed out
    including yourself.
    CONS
    -Story line is blockbuster action esque (meaning it's kinda lame but nobody really cares). Your character goes from being an everyday American wus like you and me to a bad ass warrior who kills 100s of people.
    -Dubstep
  18. Nov 25, 2013
    I really don't have much to rag on for Far Cry III. This game has it all. Here's some of Far Cry III's biggest strengths:
    -Top quality voice acting & character animations
    -High quality story
    -Great combat (if you use it right. You can either just go in guns blazing or try for more stealth-based combat. I opt for the latter which has made my gameplaying experience SO much better!)
    -The
    best villain I've ever played against: Vaas.
    -An open, lush environment
    -A pretty cool RPG-esque level up system.

Now, you may have heard this game is Skyrim with guns. As awesome as the game is, it'd be a lie to say that it's anything like the Elder Scrolls. NPC interaction is pretty limited, sidequests are really basic and you don't level up in nearly as much detail as Skyrim. That being said, I still loved the game. Buy it now!
  19. Nov 9, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a perfect game, superbly balanced and lush with mission variations that prolong the beautiful adventure. If you truly give in to the game's insanity, it's the most fun and rewarding experience money can buy
  20. Rem
    Nov 7, 2013
    "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" says Vaas Montenegro, the main antagonist of Far Cry 3. I can surely answer that, Far Cry 3 has gotten me insane, but usually because it's just so damn fun. What Far Cry 3 does isn't entirely original, but boy is it ever so polished. The main surprise in this game is the story. Not only is it leaps and bounds above its predecessors, its among the best of 2012. The story, while not consistent, is presented very well with cinematic voice acting and graphics. Rook Island is a beautiful place to explore ranging from jungle to ruin. The fun thing is how it all blends into a cohesive experience. However once you finish the game, there isn't much else to do which is Far Cry 3's greatest flaw. Despite so, it remembers that it is a game and it remembers that is a great game. Expand
  21. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.2] What Far Cry 3 lacks in story quality makes up for so much in the game. It has incredibly beautiful environments with great graphics to support it, very smooth stealth and combat systems, fun activities, and endless amount of exploration, as well as a multiplayer, which may be basic, but works great with Far Cry mechanics. The co-op is also a great way to pass time, and the map editor is the best I've seen in any game, including Halo. There are very few, extremely minor flaws in the game, including occasional glitches, which are often quite funny, and poor writing, which is also often funny. It is the perfect open world experience, with plenty of other elements to satisfy almost any player. Expand
  22. Oct 10, 2013
    Far Cry 3 combined the multi-faceted action, open world and not a bad screenplay. Stated promises made ​​almost flawlessly, and such honesty is worthy of awards. The problems, of course, there are, but in this particular case, we will gladly about them forget.
  23. Oct 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far Cry 3 is one of the greatest FPS of all time yet sadly falls flat due to a flat plot thats very generic and rather pointless plot or story and the fact that every main character is an excluding Vass who is in my opinion one of the best villains ever to be created, he is the definition of INSANITY.

Pros:
    -Beautiful Graphics
    -One of the greatest characters of all time, Vass
    -Very enjoyable and fluent gameplay
    -Living breathing island, animals will attack u if they see you
    -AGAIN A LOT AND A LOT OF GODDAMN FUN
    -Physics, amazing physics, burn down the trees, fall damage
    -awesome healing system, basically you can UN dislocate your hand
    -Hunting and skinning animals is very rewarding and makes you feel like a total badass

Cons:
    -Stupid plot with a very retarded ending, basically kill your friends for no real good reason, just because you can
    -Pretty much every main protagonist and antagonist besides Vass and The crazy drug addict scientist is an including the character you play as making you want the characters to die, also they all just feel so GODDAMN BLAND AND LIFELESS
    -Not enough Vass, only in the game for a very short amount of time
    -After finishing the game their is no new game meaning that the replay value is rather pitiful after taking over all the outposts and collecting all items
    -Skills points are way to easy to get, i played the game of warrior difficulty and found the game to still be way to easy
    -Rubbish coop campaign that feels rushed and is WAY TO GODDAMN DIFFICULT TO PLAY WITH ONLY 2 PLAYERS, which is sad because the story itself is rather badass
    -2 easy to get achievements, ive almost got them all

-Multplayer, i had a lot of fun with it yet it feels rather disappointing knowing that the servers are laggy as all hell and it feels like a generic COD like style multiplayer instead of using the amazing environment to create an intressting and different multplayer.

Overall:
    I really enjoyed Far Cry 3, even if the game had a lot of cons i still very much enjoyed the game because its just so beautiful and you can see so much hard work went into creating the single player experience that all the rushed add on editions feel as if they are easily forgotten
  24. Oct 4, 2013
    Far cry 3 is the best game in the franchise. It puts you in a lush amazing world were you have to ability to explore different islands do side quests and just blow up! it lets you choose how to do a mission, from stealth to total guns blazing. getting new tattoos so you have new you could say powers to help you survive the island. oh and the new enemy voss is dun perfectly never have I ever been so immersed in a game. and it comes with a full length multiplayer, and a co-op campaign and map editor. now the map editor is clearly made and designed for pc because it is extremely hard to use on the Xbox. You can also download other maps that people made and play them with friends or random people in a death match or strategic match. Now for some of the games faults. First for some reason the game wouldn't save at sometimes. and my game occasionally froze and I had to restart my Xbox witch I didn't enjoy. also some random frame rate issues. and once you beat the game it just feels like a big open world but that's it there is nothing left to do and it gets kind of boring. but I love this game no matter what so I give it a 9/10 I would given it higher but its to late. Also guys check out my new youtube chanel AverageGamerReviews2 and subscribe because I will be bringing you all the news and reviews of the games coming out 3013-2014 Expand
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    This is easily one of the best 2012 first-person shooters I've played. Exploring a large island while undertaking different missions and activities spells hours of fun. Unlocking weapons, getting upgrades, expanding territory and exploring the island leads to a lot of replayability. It's no slouch in the graphics department. While it's not the best-looking game on the 360, it's pretty close. The only downsides are the multiplayer and co-op, both of which aren't very spectacular (and don't justify an extra $10 if you buy the game used). Regardless, this is an amazing game that first-person shooter fans of every stripe should try. Expand
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    I love this game. Beautiful environments that shy away from the dull grey's and brown's that modern FPS' love to overuse, great combat, great story, one of my favorite villain in all of gaming, and overall is just a fun game to play. On the Xbox 360 there are some graphical and frame rate issues though but it's not so bad that it is unplayable. Co-op is also not very entertaining but that is an entirely new story that has nothing to do with the main campaign and if you don't want to 100% the achievements you don't even have to touch it. They also add a new multiplayer mode (witch is not that good, but passable.) and a robust map editing tool that dwarves the likes of Forge in Halo. Overall this is a great game and one of Ubisoft's best, it goes up there with Prince of Persia and the Rayman Series. This is a must buy for any FPS or open world fan. Expand
  27. Sep 16, 2013
    A mediocre addition to the Far Cry series. It lacks the simplicity, intensity and rawness of the previous two games. It also lacks the maturity of Far Cry 2. In further comparison to FC2 the damage physics are not as realistic, the weather effects are minimal, the AI are significantly dumber, the day/night cycle is not convincing, and the setting is unoriginal (basically Far Cry 1 with better polish). To me Far Cry 3 was designed to please those people who play whatever fps is trending at the moment rather than true fans of the Far Cry series. As such the game is destined to be remembered for two things only, occasional animal attacks and Vaas. The rest is forgettable. It is too superficial and too easy. I also don't like playing a spoiled and dumb frat-boy in my shooters. Expand
  28. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An overall outstanding open world game. Everything seems to work well: The FPS mechanics are solid, the stealth mechanics work surprisingly well, the soundtrack is top-notch, and the graphics are great. The only thing I'm not fond of is the main villain. I loved Vaas, however his boss isn't as interesting as he is. He's just your average jerk drug dealer kinda guy.

Overall, an excellent game.
  29. Aug 23, 2013
    It's nothing revolutionary but there is no better way to spend your evenings, or even entire days. A major improvement from Far Cry 2. The stealth, the music, the voice acting, the believable story. Vaas and Hoyt are 2 or the greatest villains in video game history. It's just fun.
  30. Aug 19, 2013
    This game was a splendid experience. The gameplay is fun and immersive, everything can be going right while you're setting some wild pig on fire, then out of nowhere a lion is mauling you in the face, and some pirates decide to throw bullets and an rpg-7 at you. The locale and graphics are stunning, enough to keep you simply looking around for hours, much like Skyrim.

This game would be
    worth a 10 if the story didn't fall flat on it's face after a certain event. Play it and you'll know what I mean. Expand
  31. Aug 12, 2013
    A near perfect game with dozens of hours worth of gameplay. A big step up from Far Cry 2. The graphics are beautiful and the sound design really makes the game come alive.
  32. Aug 11, 2013
    I want to like this game. It has a lot to do and explore. Your character can kill off enemies easily by backstabbing and shooting. There are interesting dream sequences. But I do not like this game for its absolutely horrible difficulty, even on "Easy" mode, and its absolutely evil antagonist. I hate this game.
  33. Aug 10, 2013
    Brilliant open world game with so much to see and do. I love games that allow me to explore go anywhere do anything as i wish, and Far Cry 3 allows me to do that and so much more. A few of the missions in the campaign are a little poo, but the rest is just fantastic. Can't wait for Far Cry 4 on next gen.
  34. Aug 8, 2013
    How on earth did Bioshock Infinite score higher than this game, it's so much better in every single department. More imaginative, creative, original and most importantly far more fun to play. The RPG elements are excellent, tons of variety, shooting and stealth are very fun perfect 10. One of my favourite games of all time. Oh, and the graphics are lovely.
  35. Aug 5, 2013
    One of the best open-world video games to date. Far Cry 3 has managed to capture the world of desolate, pirate-ruled countries extremely well, giving us an inside look on what it's like to live somewhere invaded by force. The story that plays through the game is really engaging, being one of the only open-world games that caught my attention with the missions. Unlike Grand Theft Auto, the campaign in Far Cry 3 keeps on bringing me back for more, and not teasing me with pointless missions and objectives that make no changes to the game whatsoever. This game is also massive, and has lasted me almost an entire year without fail. The map just gets bigger and bigger, and the story never seems to end; when you defeat what you thought was the final boss, an entirely new island is unveiled, it really is enormous. The only problems I had with Far Cry 3 were the graphics that failed to impress, and the score that did get slightly repetitive, but apart from that the game was perfect. Expand
  36. Jul 30, 2013
    Only a little way in so far but its lost of fun. Reminds me a lot of Just Cause 2 cause I don't care about the story or any of the characters but its just fun to run around and do all the missions on the map. The jungle is genuinely dangerous to just run around in too
  37. Jul 30, 2013
    This is a good game that deserves it's score if you buy this game the odds are you will have a good time playing it even though some parts of the game are difficult and will get you annoyed you will eventually overcome them which in away is good because every game needs a little bit of challenge.
  38. Jul 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 has set a new standard for open-world games. The location you play at is detailed and feels alive. The characters, story, and of course, the gameplay is top notch. Far Cry 3 is a must play and should not be passed by any gamer that enjoys FPSs.
  39. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game was amazing. the graphics, world, exploration, gameplay, and variety were all superb. however, the story had many problems. the game was supposed to be a satire, about an american rich, white teen who dreams of killing. so he conjures up this fantasy about some island whose natives are being attacked by evil pirates and they desperately need his help to defend themselves. so he dreams of rescuing everybody, killing vaas and hoyt, and becoming king of the warriors. at the end, when citra kills you, she is basically like "take that, you misogynist, racist dude!" that's the deal with the alice in wonderland quotes, you being called snow white by the locals, and the story so heavily revolving around dreams. Expand
  40. Jul 24, 2013
    Simply put, Far Cry 3 is my favorite first person shooter of all time. I love this game. Graphics are beautiful, with lots of attention to detail put into making the island really look alive. The story is also very strong as well, with outstanding characters and great progression. But what really makes this my favorite shooter of all time is the gameplay and the gameplay mechanics. Getting experience for shooting other pirates and soldiers on the island is fun, and you gradually feel your character become a powerful warrior. This is due to an extremely well done perk unlock system. Whenever you gain enough experience, you are able to unlock another perk. This allows you to perform deadly new attacks, help you survive longer, or be more stealthy. No matter how you choose to play the game, it all feels great. Being stealthy is almost too satisfying, as you quickly and quietly leap out from a hiding place to kill an enemy before going back into hiding. Guns blazing is also very satisfying, as the guns feel powerful and deadly. Far cry 3 is one of those games that I played for hours and hours and never touched the story, but did the side missions instead. It was a game that I simply could not put down. It is an experience that really sticks out in my mind as one of the best games released in a long time. If you are a fan of shooters, RPGs, or open world games, you owe it to yourself to go buy this game. The sheer enjoyment of this game is enough to warrant a perfect score, and the great graphics, story, and character development really make Far Cry 3 an unforgettable experience. Expand
  41. Jul 22, 2013
    Okay people, lets ignore these Hyped-up-Fangame-Hippies" with their +10 joy ratings and REALLY give this game a review. With an author that's an actual critic, not someone who's played the game for 10 min.

That being said, lets get down to business:

Far Cry 3 pulls you in! Right away! The first 15 minutes of this game have been some of my most astonishing gaming experiences. Almost
    instantly you realize the situation you are in, and the things you have to do. Some things happen that are believable and feel legit. And that's exactly what's wrong with this game.

I've spend a solid 20+ hours playing this game and the story line (though many people say is "good") I find to be quite...unrealistic. First of all..Jason Brody. Now, this guy is maybe an adrenaline junky not a stranger to racing cars, jumping out of planes and other things some of us might not do on a regular basis. So I guess the things he does in the game in forms of transportation are plausible. But he goes from being absolutely clueless about what to do, to an expert-stealth-bush-stalking-take-down-accurate-shooting-killing-machine almost overnight! This is no exaggeration.
    Using Knifes, Machine guns, Grenades, Rocket launchers, LMG's, Mines, C4, and not to mention shooting an bow and arrow without flaw.....this all becomes available to you in the first act of the game. If they really wanted to create a believable scenario in which someone grows from normal guy, into a fighter. There should have been some sort of builldup in the form of learning how to shoot and learning how to sneak up on people.

The story itself is kind of this-and-that. Making you feel like you're doing what you're told rather then making your own decisions. And though I understand the game has to steer you in some direction as in regard to progress of the game. It would have been nice to have atleast been able to make some form of choice making. I did not feel any emotional attachment what so ever to my friends" You don't really know anything about them, untill you save them, and when you do, you just leave them somwehere in a safe area while you go back killing things. Sure, there is some dialogue....but even the woman portrayed as your girlfriend gives me this feel of annoyance and detachment. (well, I guess thats nothing new to some of you guys ;)

THE GAMEPLAY:

Like I said, you wield guns well. So you should'nt have any problems finding the gun that suits your particulair need. SIlent approach? Sure, just silence all your guns and stay out of sight.
    More of a rambo kinda guy? NO problem, just pick up that LMG, attach an ammo mod and you're good to go.

If you really wanna give yourself a challange, I say go with the knife. This is by far the hardest approach. And also in someways advocated by the game. Since knife kills yield the most experience rewards. (Sometimes stacking up to X5 the normal exp for a kill)

Jason's combat abilities, (if overlooked that he is just a normal kid) do feel good. He responds well. Moves around with ease, and going in and out of combat is quite easy thanks to all the jungle foliage.
    I guess it comes down to personal taste here. Myself? SIlenced sniper to get rid of the lookouts" then go in and clean up with the knife.

THE MISSIONS:

The whole game is riddled with little things to do. Hunt animals. Deliver Cargo. Look for a person. Look for ingredienets. Kill some bad guys. Etc etc...
    While the variety of side quests might be plentifull, fun to do and sometimes challanging. I couldn't help but think they where a waste of my time. Tedious repetition just to keep you busy from your main objective. Which is ...ow, I don`t know, trying to get the off a pirate invested island full of people who wanna kill ya?

SUMMARY:

The only thing really fun to go through, even with it's little implausible setting, is the main story. You'll end up wanting to know what happends, where it goes, and how it all ends. The bad part is, to fully enjoy the story line, you`ll need talent points and upgrades you`ll only get for actively spending time doing side tracking. Such as hunting, clearing outposts and crafting gear.

I think that if you`d focus on the storyline. You could finish this game in less then 8 hours.
  42. Jul 20, 2013
    I enjoyed Far Cry 3. It isn't a classic but generally, a decent and fun game. The story was the game's main strong point offering a well thought out and gripping story line in which Jason Brody takes on the quest of rescuing his friends from a pirate-style militia. Some of the characters such as the main antagonist, Vaas, were very interesting, indeed, and added to enthralling story. I particularly liked the hunting aspects of the game and the weapon system in the game which has you spending the money you earn in the massive world on different weapons and attachments. One thing I found to be a little tedious in Far Cry 3 was the same environment throughout the entire game, I did start to long for some different scenery. Also, a lot of the quests seemed quite samey and unoriginal at times, but overall, Far Cry 3 is a good game and definitely worth playing. Expand
  43. Jul 18, 2013
    Truth be told, I rate this game an 8.5. It isn't in the class of Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2, but its definitely in the next tier. The game uses the exact system as Assassin's Creed and the similarities are too close sometimes; however this game is a much better fleshed out version, with less swinging around and far more sandbox gameplay. The only serious flaw this game has is the load times a fairly lengthy....and if you aren't familiar with open world games, a lot of the play is repititive.....but clocking in at over 100 hours so far I ain't complaining.

Open World 9
    Story 7
    Gameplay 8
    Length the whole 10; main story 6
    Fun 10
  44. Jul 11, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was definitely the biggest surprise of the year for me. In a year full of sequels including Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and Mass Effect 3, Far Cry 3 just might come out as the best of 2012.
  45. Jul 10, 2013
    Awesome game. The campaing is the amazing and very intense. There are both stealth and great shooting missions, which makes the game very balanced and not boring at all to the player. I just wish the multiplayer was that awesome. There are not too many people playing and it's reminds a lot of CoD: MW structure. The history is clearly the strong point of the game and won't disappoint anyone!
  46. Jul 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A great game with a nice open world to explore with a bunch of different collectibles to find and collect. The story isn't all that great, but the gameplay and missions make up for it greatly. It's really fun to play and the graphics are really good. However, there are quite a few bugs that I experienced with this game while playing. The characters are also really great, Vas is one of my favorite villains in a video game. Expand
  47. Jul 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best FPS I've played in a long time. Although I'm not all about the island or frontier feel to it, the sheer amount of variable tactics involved in this game makes it really fun to play. Stealth, equipment upgrades, and everything else make this a high quality game. The voice acting as well made it more fun to follow the story (which I typically just skip over to get to the gameplay). The only thing I didn't like (and typically NEVER DO) is the plot device involving hallucinations, dreams, or varied states of altered mindframes. Expand
  48. Jul 6, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was by far the most exciting game experience of 2012. While other stories like Halo 4 Assassin's Creed 3 had their strengths, Far Cry 3 has the most driven story and villains. Add the great story elements to a fantastic open-world experience that allows you to secure or leave-alone parts of the island, depending on what you would like to do, and you almost have the shooter version of Skyrim. I put roughly 20 hours into the campaign portion, and that's more than any other shooter in recent history. By now, Far Cry 3 is in a bargain bin at GameStop (or elsewhere). The game is worth the original $60 price tag, it's even more-so at reduced prices. If you like shooters with meaningful story, look no further. Expand
  49. Jul 6, 2013
    One of the best open-world games ever made. A truly epic sandbox a great dynamic environment some of the best voice acting and some truly memorable characters deep customisation great graphics the gameplay is top-notch and feels great and the missions all have different events unlike GTA the controls are excellent too a must have
  50. Jul 4, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the shooter 95% of FPS fans want. Why? Adrenaline.
    Set in two tropical islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, the player plays as Jason, an unfortunate young man who’s had the bad luck to go on a vacation with a group of friends to an island infested with drug/human traffickers. What transpires from there is for the player to find out. And oh, is it a hell of a trip.

Far Cry 3 is an open world first person shooter; this isn’t a game like call of duty, where the player is expected to walk from point A to B without the freedom to choose how, but a game where the player is given complete freedom over how they want to progress. If thorough, halfway through the game the player will find him/herself as a complete badass without feeling too overpowered. The game does an excellent job providing a leveling system that is neat and well rewarding. It’s fun to see what new skills can be unlocked with every new level achieved through experience points, and ultimately putting them to the test.
    Gameplay shines in Far Cry 3. Throughout the game, the player unlocks and has several skills to take advantage either in the environment or during combat. It is ever so fun to sneak behind an enemy, impale him, quickly getting his knife with the other hand, and throwing it to the closest enemy AI, all silently. Guns are varied and so are customizations. Depending on the style of the player, one could either go loud or be a tactical stealthy assassin. The latter proves to be super fun as it provides such a level of adrenaline that is rarely present in a lot of games within the same genre. True, one can feel as a predator, but the enemy AI is smart; they will react to loud noises, sound alarms, and be aggressive. So the hunter will feel hunted as well during missions. Animals also roam around the islands and nearby waters, providing ingredients that can be key to the player’s progress. If the player wants to carry more guns, they will have to hunt down certain animals to build a larger bag. Vehicles are common, and it’s fun to drive them around. Soundtrack is fun, reaching such heights during certain segments of the game that make some missions feel so fun and exciting. A very convenient fast travel system is also present in the game for those who don’t want to spend too much time walking around from mission to mission.
    Far Cry 3’s campaign is for the most part very good. It can become a little dull during the last fourth of the game, but never enough to lose the immersive feeling. Overall it is a fantastic story full of exciting, very well acted characters that only pull the player further into the story. Ending can be a bit cliché, but it’s nothing that breaks the experience. It’s still satisfactory.
    Visuals are outstanding. The jungle environment, mountains, hills, lakes and oceans are beautifully portrayed. It truly feels like one is out in the jungle.
    Far Cry 3 is a satisfactory, thrilling, adrenaline-filled video game that makes the player feel like a badass. There is no shortage of action and adventure.
  51. Jun 20, 2013
    I have been hoping for years that one day they would make an HD-remake version of the original Far Cry, but after playing Far Cry 3 I seemed to have forgot all about that. FC3 takes the concept of the original and builds upon it in every conceivable way. The game truly is magnificent. The game features a lush vibrant environment that you can explore and do everything from wingsuit proximity diving, hang gliding, hunting, you can ride jet -skis, ATV's, and believe it or not you can murder the out of some people with the spot on FPS gameplay. In all honesty, I would recommend this game over BioShock Infinite. I think everything is done better on this side of the fence. Thats just my opinion. Expand
  52. Jun 20, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a fantastic open world game. It is easily one of the best games released from 2012. It has characters that are relate-able and have more depth than you would think at first glance. The setting of the island was awesome and is very expansive. The villain Vaas is also amazing, mostly because of his psychotic behavior. I did have a problem with the sheer difficulty in this game. If you don't unlock at least 3 weapons you are going to die a lot.. There are also too many collectibles. I would have been fine with just relics, but they had to have much more than that. It does add more hours to the game, but it seems kind of pointless. I loved Far Cry 3 and love the different play-styles available. Expand
  53. Jun 19, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an awesome game experience, as it boasts an unusual yet amazing gameplay. Stealth is a major factor and makes you feel like a ninja. The interface is easy to explore and the open world is beautiful, original, and humongous. The campaign is outstanding on all levels.

The multiplayer is the low side to this game, as not many people play it and it truly isn't all that
    entertaining. It is not awful, but it isn't good.

The co-op campaign is pretty fun, and each mission is extremely long (good or bad? You decide).

There is little replay value, but admittely, it takes forever to finish all 100% of the game.

Overall 8

Campaign 10
    Multiplayer 6
    Co-Op Campaign 7
    Replay Value 3
  54. Jun 19, 2013
    I'm really surprised how much i enjoyed play this game. Based on the first two games review I didn't expect it to be great, but it did look cool so I picked it up. And it did not disappoint, there was so much to do, the island looked great, the story was insane it was a surprise hit for me.
  55. Jun 14, 2013
    Really fun game play, OK story. The game world is beautiful and assassination are a new feature in a tired fps genre. MP however is very underwhelming, with a cool to use map editior, the MP could have been great. Unfortunately the lack of vehicles or CTF make Far cry 3 MP a cod clone. Get it for the Sp, the MP is useless.
  56. Jun 13, 2013
    Incredible game. This is one of the best open-box shooters I've ever player. The story, the graphics, the characters. It really worth playing. It's phenomenal. But, the co-op isn't really so awesome like the single-player, but still worth.
  57. Jun 12, 2013
    I counted the other day that I've completed at least 22 Xbox games' single player campaigns and also played many other games I haven't bothered finishing Far Cry 3 is in the top 3 games I have played It's an open world FPS and will take up a lot of your time very good value for money Great main story with a vast amount of other content including taking out military bases by stealh or all guns blazing

A good leveling up system and much more to keep you busy

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I can't understand the few negative reviews on this site

If you buy one FPS this generation make it this one
  58. Jun 9, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was probably at the top of my list (above Halo 4) when I heard about it. I loved Far Cry 2-- the action, the constant danger, the combat, the sliding, the open world. It was awesome.

Far Cry 3 is none of that...
    To begin with there is no real feeling of danger as there was in part 2. I was playing on the hardest difficulty and ran around on foot pretty much begging for
    action, but there was nothing. Remember in Far Cry 2 when you'd be driving at night, only to have your heart stop when you saw headlights behind you, then you'd come under fire by enemies? Well, say bye bye to that. There's none of that in this game. I don't even remember getting in a car fight with anybody...

There are a handful of enemy bases you can capture, and once you do so, that entire area is safe of enemies. Meaning...once you clear an entire island of enemy bases, you have nothing to worry about. People drive up next to you and offer you rides, say hi as they pass by, etc. It's ridiculous.

As for the main story, I could tell it was trying very hard to be 'cool', but the main character isn't very likable, and neither are any of the friends. They're one dimensional characters, and your character seems to be a natural at figuring things out and killing people, even though it wants you to believe he's a normal guy who is growing into a vengeful hero of sorts...

The main villain is as cliche as they come, asking you multiple times if you know the definition of insanity, and during loading scenes it has quotes from alice in wonderland, desperate to add to the "insanity" of the game. But it was all too cheesy to take seriously.

As for combat (or lackthereof), it bugged me when you'd fight certain people and it throws you into a hallucination. In this hallucination you are forced to walk (no sprinting....very very slow step by step walking) down a dreamy road, where you have to do stupid things like shoot shadows and stuff. Then when you snap out of it you realize you've killed someone or something...waste of time.

Overall it doesn't hold a flame to the danger, action, and detailed open world presented in part 2. But you'll find pleasure in finding animals to make things out of since there really isn't much else to do.

I did my best to hold off beating the game, to make the most out of the experience...and I did every side mission there was, captured every base, unlocked every diamond and radio tower.. until it forced me to go back to the main storyline since there was nothing left to do.

The replay value is little to none. There's no sense of danger, no sense of adventure, it has the elements of a good open world rpg, but lacks everything that makes those games fun.

It's not a complete waste of time if you're looking for something to do but aren't expecting much. If you've played the first two Far Cry games, then you might be disappointed.
  59. May 27, 2013
    I was way of purchasing this, as I'm not usually one for 'pew pew' as I couldn't hit a barn door in Xbox games, but I truly loved every moment of this game. All the combat, the achievements, the multiplayer it all seemed to be created by people who had a clue what gamers want these days.

I picked it up on demand for £14.99 and never looked back
  60. May 22, 2013
    This is the first game I have ever pre-ordered, so that in itself should give you an overview of the game.
    In fact, given the open world, animals, RPG elements and one mission in particular which involves blowing up stuff to "Make it Bun 'Dem" I would love to give this 10. However, the final act of the plot, which felt last-minute and pointless (though at points engaging and awesome),
    really deflated my opinion of the campaign. Do not let this stop you though, its an amazing open world, with lots of stuff to do, whether it be hunting, challenges, or simply pissing off pirates GTA style. Expand
  61. May 18, 2013
    This is now my favorite all-time game! Half-life 2 was previously my 1st person favorite. Then Call of Duty. Then Battlefield Bad Company. Then Bioshock 1, 2, Infinite. (I probably missed a few amongst my collection skyrim, etc...) but Far Cry 3 did EVERYTHING right! I hated Far Cry 1 and 2 because you either spent all your time looking for a gas mask or spent hours mudainly walking from one location to another hoping to find a vehicle somewhere. If you hated these elements with previous Far Cry 1 and 2, but liked the atmosphere of exploring an island, you'll really, really enjoy Far Cry 3. The nice overhead map lets you quickly travel from place to place plus there are vehicles, jet-skies, hand-gliders all over the place where you can choose how to specifically approach each mission/bad guy camp (usually involving capturing an enemy encampment using a different set of strategies/weapons). You can go in guns blazing or secretly snipe or hand take down each enemy. Just toss a rock to then sneak up behind them. There's plenty of encampments so you'll get your chance to try another strategy again. Then there's the really neat way you upgrade your guns and medicine. To build bigger ammo type pouches to carry more ammo, you hunt certain animals in one of the best hunting type games around. Animals will charge you and protect their kind. Or you may see a Cheetah chasing a deer for easy pick off. There's snakes, there's sharks, there's dogs, buffalo, deer komodo dragons, etc... each one's hide improving what you can carry. another big plus is that you can still run just as fast regardless of what you carry. i hate it when games only allow you to run a short distance fast or slower with more gear. Climbing the towers to make new areas visible was a brilliant design move. Each tower in itself is a challenge to climb and one wrong step sends you tumbling to your death. The scenery alone is unbelievable and you really get a sense of vertigo (not recommended for those afraid of heights!). The graphics are top notch to make you feel like you are right there! The plot is basically you, a weak, non-fighter type of guy must take on the role of rescuing your friends forcing you to learn new skills along the way. It's not the best plot but one you'll remember. Don't expect to fight any huge monsters in Far Cry 3 but you can expect a clever AI which tries to surround you, outflank you, or run for cover. I actually enjoy Far Cry 3 over Bioshock Infinite! I've been playing it non-stop for a week now. There's so much to do and so much to see that any minor, minor, minor glitches can easily be overlooked. It's a near perfect game in my books short only to actually being on the island. It's an experience I'll always remember (like fighting the war of the world aliens in Half-Life 2). What I think I like the most about Far Cry 3 is that you approach each situation differently so strategy Is a big factor. Strategy and the type of weapon you use are important. I haven't even mentioned the dream sequences which you'll have to see for yourself. The only mission i really didn't want to do was burn up all the bad guys pot plant fields (for personal reasons). I was reluctant to dish out the $60 for Far Cry 3 given all the things I didn't like about 1 and 2 but they did everything right with Far Cry 3 and I couldn't be happier about spending the dough! Money well spent. I didn't try the multi-player but I think Far Cry 3 is one of the best single-player 1st person shooter/adventure games currently on the market. Expand
  62. May 17, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is like a bag of those chemically over saturated sweets that come in many different shapes and sizes but ultimately all taste the same. The experience is satisfying but after the deeds are done, there is little to go back to, especially since the main quest tree is so short that you are better off carrying out side missions in tandem with the story.

The voice acting is strong
    but the plot and especially the script are terrible. The characters are all caricatures and the protagonist is definitely not someone you can sympathize with. Whiny and always overreacting. Admittedly Jason Brody is up creek and I would definitely have emptied my bowels countless times, were I in the same position. Brody is sadly insfufferable. Perhaps it was a conscious decision for the emotional scope to be so on-the-nose but above all the plot is centred around the dehumanisation of the protagonist... That's serious b! Sadly, you might as well have had high school drama students try and re-enact The Pianist. This is a big deal since FC3 is not Serious Sam. It's not a random guy who goes and pillages space-monkeys but a fragile boy who turns into a ruthless beast. The plot is supposedly central and is meant to grip you, yet it merely gropes you and hides.

Most importantly the shooting mechanics are solid and naturally the source of all things fun. The game is EXTREMELY easy even on the hardest difficulty and beyond. You can hunt animals too RD: Redemption style although I always felt guilty killing the bears and big cats.

Far Cry 2 is a bad apple for many players but it's odd qualities made it challenging and above all made you think about how you were going to survive. FC3 bears no resemblance to FC2 whatsoever but it would have been nice to see some of the nihilistic and unsettling atmosphere of FC2 back around in this release.

Gripes aside, Far Cry 3 is not a slapdash endeavour and it's clear to see that a lot of work has been put in to the final product. The murdering is great fun, the world is big and bright but there is little replay value.*

* The plot is also complete
  63. May 15, 2013
    Short answer: This is a fun game, and will become more fun as more people buy it and begin to play online.

Long Answer: There are a few negatives. The biggest thing is they tried to copy COD (understandable) in a few areas, such as the dogs jumping on you and etc. IMO, I came to this game to get away from COD. You can still knife people through gunfire in this game which is a big
    reason people get angry at the other shooters. Another downside is the lack of multiplayer games and game-types; it is easy to get bored with the small maps and even smaller teams. The killcam is excessive and horrible, and the final cutscenes when you lose a map make you want to rage-quit (it's bad enough that new players have to try and level up against people who have all unlocks). Finally, the damage is so unrealistic, and this is coming from someone who plays COD and BF. STK in this game is excessively high. Expand
  64. May 15, 2013
    Far cry 3 is a really good game not great but good. There is a ton of stuff to do in side missions and exploration. The main story itself starts off really slow in my opinion but picks up and becomes enjoyable. However after what seems to be the end of the game turns into a convoluted grasping at staws how to we end this story. All that being said Far cry 3 is a fun game and it gives you a lot to do. Just do not expect a satisfying resolution to the end game. Expand
  65. May 14, 2013
    The best game of 2012, yeah just like that, the question is why the hell it wasn't even a contender ta VGA's, probably because vga is full of crap! PS Just what the did to Deus Ex Human Revolution
  66. May 9, 2013
    Fantastic game, absolutely loving it without a doubt. I'll be honest, when I heard about it initially, I wasn't too keen on getting it due to Far Cry 2 being so terrible and frustrating. However, I did decide to rent the game and upon playing it for quite some time, I felt like an idiot for not buying it sooner.

I'm going to take a dig at a few people writing reviews complaining about
    the graphics for a start, people have stated that "for a 2012 game it's graphically terrible". What? Graphically, I think the game does pretty well, if you want to see terrible graphics? Head on over to whatever game shop you like and buy The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Now THAT game is beyond awful when it comes to graphics.

Anyway, Far Cry 3 A very sound storyline. Not a lot of games have well scripted voiced storylines nowadays but this game does it pretty well. It's interesting too, and the villian is pretty awesome. Hunting, now that is something that I like. Love the feel of being in the wilderness with a bow, picking off animals and then skinning them to help me craft materials that benefit my gameplay. There are a good amount of things to do, meh they can be repetitive but what game isn't nowadays? Customization is decent, the scenery is nice to look at and the game has quite a lot to offer especially for an FPS.

I'd recommend this game to all of my friends, and especially people I don't know. Buy it, rent it You'll enjoy it.
  67. May 6, 2013
    Having enjoyed the first two installments of Far Cry, I thought I would give Far Cry 3 a whirl. While it has many similar features to Far Cry 2, this time around those features have been improved and added to. Travelling around the game world is far less tedious than previously, missions are far less repetitive, there is a much wider range of things to do than in previous games and the story is a lot tighter. There are some parts of the game that are not so good the story, whilst ambitious, falls short of it's own ambitions and feels a little forced, the main character's personal journey does not really feel plausible, the guns all feel very similar and lack realism, there is not real feeling of survivalism as money is plentiful and you can unlock all the weapons without having to pay for them. Having said all that, Far Cry 3 is a lot of fun, has a long campaign by the standards of other FPS' and at least tries to have somewhere deep storyline. Well worth a look! Expand
  68. May 4, 2013
    Ubisoft certainly took on board many complaints from Far Cry 2 when making this sequel. The only problem is that they listened to the wrong people.

Far Cry 3 is a FPS that tried to please all the casual gamers who complained about the difficulty and seriousness of it's outstanding predecessor Far Cry 2. And as a result it has traded it's amazing visuals in for larger and fuller World
    size and the serious and mature survivor attitude for pure, far-fetched and mindless fun.

You play as Jason Brody, a privileged, middle-child brat from L.A who is kidnapped along with his brothers and friends while travelling around Asia. You manage to escape with your older brother (who would have made a much more believable main character) and begin a search for the rest of your party. Along the way your blind luck gets you inducted into a local tribe (all of whom somehow have New Zealand accents) and you're taught the 'way of the warrior' which basically means your arm gets tattooed and all of a sudden you are a battle hardened killing machine who can clear heavily armed, militia infested camps with ease all by yourself.

You are then turned loose to explore and hunt various herbivorous and carnivorous wildlife to craft carry bags and avoiding or killing psychopathic, smuggling humans freely in any part of the expansive islands using Tenchu-like stealth kills (which I must admit was an excellent addition) or all out Rambo heroics.

Sounds like a dream come true right? However you do this in repetitive and texture-less 'jungles' which are actually quite sparse of foliage and resemble NOTHING of the first screen shots and footage we were shown of the game.
    There are also many technical bugs like waterways that do not register as such, floating plants, holes in the map, poorly recorded NPC voices and more screen tearing issues than anything you've likely seen before in any game ever. (A simple slow-pan of the main friendly village shows what a stuttery mess of a game it is).

Oh and did I mention you keep dislocating your thumb? Even if you get shot in the face?

BUT if the issues I mentioned do not bother you in the slightest then Far Cry 3 is an effective and fun Open World hunting game laced with a far fetched story of rescue and revenge and sporting a very memorable villain by the name of Vaas.
    Fans of Far Cry 2 will be disappointed though.
  69. May 3, 2013
    One of the best games released in 2012, It's perfect in every way, The Xbox 360 version has some framerate and FOV issues, Making the PC version superior(As always).
  70. May 1, 2013
    I really think this is worth your money. I got it because it looked crazy, and weird (which it is) and I got more than I expected. The story is amazing, and has the best bad guy of all time. I even felt bad when he dies. After finishing the main campaign I captured every enemy camp, and did almost every side quest. I thought I would have restarted, but I feel like one play through is enough. That is the only reason I'm giving it an 8 out of 10. I feel like this kind of game should have good quests and a and missions that will last as long as Skyrim did. All of the good missions end after about the 23 hour mark. Still is amazing though, and definitely worth your time. Expand
  71. Apr 29, 2013
    When I first looked at this game,I thought it would be decent.But after really fun combat,Great story and lots of exploring,it was way better than I expected.
  72. Apr 28, 2013
    The game is great, it is the best far cry that has been made. The leveling system is deep although I found that I had myself completely leveled before I had even finshed all of my side missions which made them feel pointless. It is a great game that can make you feel like a bad ass and there are many ways to get things done. I prefer the sniper rifle and assault rifle. I did everything in the game. replay ability isn't there for me but it should be played for the experience at least once all the way though Expand
  73. Apr 27, 2013
    I'm not going to lie, I love Far Cry 3. Everything in the single player is perfect. I didn't want to stop playing it! It took over 20 hours for me to complete everything in it. And you know what, it was well worth it. Hell, this game was so good, I would have payed extra for it. Yet that was just the single player. The game falls apart when it comes to co-op and multiplayer. I won't even mention how awful they are. But, the good parts about the game heavily out weigh the bad parts. This game is a definite buy. I might even buy it for PS3 and PC, even though I already have the game on Xbox! Expand
  74. Apr 27, 2013
    This is by far one of the greatest games I have played in my past years. It has everything you could want from animals and plants you use the resources of to survive to a great storyline and its open world so you can continue playing the game even after you have completed the main story.
  75. Apr 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a game intent on giving the player a lot of freedom, whilst offering a lot of personality. The stealth is expertly implemented, so you know when to hide and what will get you caught. There is also great strategy, especially when attacking the numerous outposts scattered around the island. The story starts off a bit cliche, with a group of teenagers having their paradise turned upside down, but after meeting Dennis and the primary antagonist Vaas, you will understand how different a beast FC3 is. With its veluptuous landscapes and verdant vistas, Far Cry 3 is a hot prospect, that you should happily sink hours of enjoyment out of. Expand
  76. Apr 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an 8 or 9 out of 10. Its so close to being perfect but has a few minor let downs.
    Graphically the game is good. Enemies, landscape and animal etc all look good and bring the island to life. The small issue i had was with distances. Alot of the time the game struggled to display things far in the distance and they occassionally just appear from nowhere. You would spot a huge
    mountain in the distance but the game does not think so. to be fair I looked past this, it did not take away from the game but was a slight niggle. I was a bit unsure of the human enemy AI. It was not bad but it was not great either but when you think of the size of the game world plus the fact that animals in the game are pretty impressively written and add some real tension again this can partially be looked past. I found the story really really engaging until one moment happened. From here the story is not bad but noticably takes a dip (You will know the moment when you play).
    I would say this was in my top 10 games of 2012 and would recommend anyone to play it. you can waste hours just hunting animals!. Don't be put off by anything bad written about it as the game is EPIC. Its just not perfect but when you play it you will see past the same niggles I did.
  77. Apr 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game that grips you with its gameplay, but the story is lacking focus on what should be needed in a game like this, when you have a character like Vaas, focus on him. Jason is just a Boy Scout who doesn't have anything interesting, other than almost slitting his girlfriend's throat (Depending on Ending) I just hope that if there is a 4, bring back the ghost of Vaas xD Expand
  78. Apr 24, 2013
    Farcry 3 is a amazing experience and probably one of best games of 2012. The story of Farcry 3 is amazing and Jason main protagonist grows as he is on the island. While the real star of the game is probably Vaas who is one of the main villians the game. The voice acting and the way he acts in the game really makes the player want to kill him. Furthermore, the gameplay of Farcry 3 is also amazing with a variety of ways a player can complete the game. You can complete the game stealthy or run and gun throughout the game. In addition, there are many weapons that a player can choose from which can help you be stealthy or help you mow down you enemies. Also the what makes this game different from other games is that you can also hunt animals. There are also many skills that a players changes the pace based on what players choose. Hunting animals actually have a impact on the game and you can create different things from materials found from animals. Even after you complete the game there are many things such as side quests to finish. Another addition the developers added was mulitplayer which wasn't even necessary but a welcome addition. Overall, the game is great with additional content the will make the game last. Expand
  79. Apr 24, 2013
    Never have i been more bored in my life while playing a game. Far Cry 3's story is alright at best with good villians and allies. Jason on the other hand just sounds annoying and i just didn't like him. Gameplay is unforgiving if you even show your shoulder to any bad guy as the will gun you down like the scene in robo cop (see robo cop to know what I'm talking about) and it wasn't fun Graphics for the xbox are not very good. I would play it on PC. Hunting is rewarding but BORING i spent at least 6 hours looking for animals just so i would get a better ammo pouch or other items. Rook Island is a nice place to explore all of itself and I recommend it. Let's end with this, Far Cry 2 had it's share of problems but it it better then this average sandbox tiger em up Expand
  80. Apr 23, 2013
    Mother of God this is a fantastic game. Mechanically, it is the best FPS I've ever played. Short of a few story missions that require you to use a direct assault method, the game is as tactical as you want it to be. A lot is made of good IA or bad IA or clever IA, but I'd say this game has the most fun IA I've ever experienced. The games rules work, consistently, all the time. This seems like it should be easy, but almost all other games fail. What I mean in this case is that you can accurately predict the outcome of your tactics and attempts to manipulate the IA and it is incredibly rewarding. If you are 500 yards away from an enemy base with a sniper rifle, you can wreck havok on them. If you are properly concealed by forest or bushes, they will not be able to spot you. I'd say the best comparison I can make for this game is Crysis 1 Just Cause 2, but better. There are a million things to do and all of them feed into XP or equipment, so everything is both fun and rewarding. The gun play, on top of fun IA and stealth options, is spot on as well. I'd give the PC version a 10 and the console version a 9, just because of the framerate (which is poor, but playable). Really, truly the best shooter of this generation. I can't decide if it beats Half-Life 2, since that is a bit of apples vs oranges. Expand
  81. Apr 18, 2013
    A good fun to play first person shooter here with RPG elements. Unfortunately let down by a lacklustre story which feels disjointed that had a lot of potential.
    Great graphics and some good voice acting with one of the best bad guys in recent games. "Vaas" command the screen when he is on it and is great fun to watch. The same can't be said for the rest of the cast and even the main
    character who it's is really hard to connect with yet care about.
    There is a lot of fun to be had here but you will find yourself getting bored by the repetitive missions. Capturing the same looking base go the tenth time or climbing some annoying radio tower is just a few examples.
    Well worth a try. But certainly not due the high praise credited by a lot of critics.
  82. Apr 12, 2013
    So here's the thing. I've just created this account on metacritic with the sole purpose of telling you all how absolutely epic, farcry 3 is. I've played games my entire existence from mario, to resident evil to portal to gears of war etc. but nothing comes even close to this game. From start to finish, the game is completely flawless. Not one bug, not one stupid bit, not one moment of frustration, just pure entertainment value from a absolutely incredible game. For me this has to be the greatest game of all time. I'm on my 6th play through of it and I am still enjoying it, and I never usually go back and play games. All I'm saying is, Vass is a cult legend of gaming. This game is epic. Expand
  83. Apr 12, 2013
    A great game, The campaign is long enough, and interesting. The multiplayer is not so great, but it doesn't ruin the great singleplayer experience. Most of the sidemissions are not too great but it doesn't matter. On the xbox360 the graphix are kinda good, but at the same time really rough on the edges. But the good gameplay and the good story and the great open world make this game a must buy for FPS fans. Collapse
  84. Apr 9, 2013
    This game is a load of garbage. You go to point A to point B all the time. Tell you to go find someone half across the map to talk to someone you were just talking to. The weapons are all horrible. They have no stopping power. I play through the whole game just to find out the ending ever. There fore this game gets a 1!
  85. Apr 8, 2013
    Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? It's playing the same game over and over again thinking "This time, it's gonna be less fun than the last time." That is crazy. This one time, this guy told me he liked the game, and I thought he was bullsh*tting me, so boom, I shot him. Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
  86. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I start this out, I have to say: Vaas is a mother******* badass! He is the most menacing and psychopathic villain I've ever come across, he's deranged and creepy, yet still unpredictable because of his calm attitude. But then.... BAM! He backlashes while Jason Brody is soiling himself. He is so good and so developed that you'll wish he was in more of the game. It was a total disappointment when I had to kill him half-way through the game and we encounter the other villain: Hoyt, who I totally forgot about and is not as memorable as Vaas. There are also genuine moments in this game where I was like "OMG! I did not expect that to happen!" It's also interesting with all the subtle details of the story: The character's bickering over how they're going to get off the island and then Jason's build-up as a character when he gradually starts to like killing people. He even begins to enjoy this so much that instead of leaving with the others, he chooses to stay on the island just to kill Hoyt. A testament to how motivated he has become. Despite all this I didn't know what to make of the ending option where you kill your friends and have sex with Citra. What's the point of that? You already had sex with her earlier in the game anyway. I'd rather he escaped off the island with his friends. Both options leave hardly anything of an impact on me.

The gameplay is diversified, allowing you to select your own options of whether you want to go in stealthily or guns-blazing. This adds variety to the game and allows you to play how you want to play. Vehicles have this free-flowing feel to them, while also reacting to uneven terrain which gives them a realistic feel. The whole island is vibrant and enriched with detail, it is interesting to explore, especially with the gliders and air-wings at your disposal. Wildlife further solidifies it as a living, breathing island and they're not too many of them so they never become an annoyance. Skinning animals to sell in shops in exchange for resources like superior guns and equipment is well worth doing, especially when going on a rampage. You earn experience points by doing side-missions, getting collectables, outposts, main missions etc. These help upgrade your skills and there are some pretty unique things to unlock here. The side missions are fun aswell, some keeping with the theme of massacring everybody that's near you, traversing the island in an efficient time by vehicle, stealth takedowns, helping random strangers out. The last is clearly the worst as I had no reason to care about the inexplicable dilemmas they got themselves into, whereas the rest focused on what the game was about and I loved it for that. The mini-games are a fun diversion but they could of implemented them better. Poker was just mediocre. See "Red Dead Redemption" to know how to make a real poker mini-game.

The co-op is nothing special as it just feels like a severely watered-down version of singleplayer. Needless to say, I didn't care for it much. The multiplayer is nothing note-worthy either, it's essentially a COD clone but atleast it's functional which is more than I can say for a lot of other games. The Collectables have detail surrounding them, from what the guy who wrote it was doing in a past life or what it is about. It adds more depth to them but they're still not all that interesting and a chore to collect, I may add. Last final gripe I have is with the over-usage of quick-time events for boss battles. It's extremely lazy, they already a cool concept with the all drugs thing but it wasn't really expanded that much and they missed a massive opportunity for some incredibly creative battles. Overall, Far Cry 3 despite its flaws is an unforgettable experience and should not be overlooked.
  87. Mar 27, 2013
    Far Cry 3 You are dropped on an island. There are bad guys who are insane maniacs and good guys who are a mix of all clichés you can think of. You would expect that they are going to stick a flower in your gun barrel any minute now. First you kill all animals you see. Crafting is hilarious. You shoot a pig and with your bare hand you make a wallet out of it. You need this wallet since you can't put money in your pocket. Keep killing everything that moves until you have all the gear you need. Climb a radio tower. Unlock the area. Shoot up a camp of bad guys. Unlock a couple of fetch quests and a kill quest. Repeat the part from "climb a radio tower" about 17 times. End of the game. This might just be the most boring game I've ever played. Missions are generic. Sure, it looks ok, shooting is quite accurate but it just seems that this game failed to make choices. It's an ok shooter but not enough shooting. Story is as shallow as it gets. You have vehicles but you really don't want to drive. The enemy AI is plain bad. Maybe it get's better after a while but I stopped playing after 16 hours or so and I'll never get that time back. Expand
  88. Mar 26, 2013
    Great first person shooter mixed with open world environment. It does get a little repetitive, but there are many different tasks, side missions, etc to follow along with the main story line to keep you entertained. The story line alone was enough for to keep me going.
  89. Mar 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is basically what you get when you mix Borderlands, Crysis, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed. And it's hands-down one of the best games of 2012. However, I cannot give it a 10 as it doesn't have the polish required to merit that score... for example, the frame-rate is lousy and some of the speech is played at a low bitrate. But in terms of sheer fun and addictiveness, few games can match Far Cry 3. Almost every mechanic is solid, from the shooting to the upgrade system to the crafting to the driving to the platforming... the characters are well-written and well-acted (particuarly Vaas), and the island is fully-realised and a joy to explore. I applaud Ubisoft Montreal for taking a game with greater potential than execution (Far Cry 2) and turning it into one of the best games of this generation. FPS developers should take note: THIS is how you keep the genre fresh. Expand
  90. Mar 25, 2013
    This game was fantastic. As soon as i started playing I didn't want to stop until I got 100%. It took me about 30 hours to complete everything. I would have given this a 10 if it wasn't for the tedious CO-OP, and the lack of a reason to keep playing once you finish the story and the liberation of outposts.
  91. Mar 23, 2013
    Pure fun. A big open wouold full of great graphics and things to do. Far Cry 2 was terrible and I promised myself not to buy this, but I did. This is soooo much more fun. Everything feels accessible. They don't make the side missions too annoying and as long as you plan properly you will always be rewarded (something EVERY game sould do). Pure fun.
  92. Mar 19, 2013
    Glitches all up in these Multiplayer is a JOKE. The 2nd place world ranked FarCry3 player uses a glitch to turn invisible and kill everyone, this is the kind of that goes with FarCry3, Not to mention it took them 4 months after release to fix some, not ALL, but some of the game breaking glitches in Single player and Multiplayer.
  93. Mar 19, 2013
    I'm not the kind of gamer who can play at 10-15 hour game and keep interested. Far Cry 3 proved me wrong. The story was interesting and I really felt like the main character. I usually stick to main story quests to finish the game quick but I quickly found myself exploring the island, hunting, and doing optional quests. Overall, a beautiful game and engaging story. Must buy!
  94. Mar 15, 2013
    An amazing game with a great story and awesome graphics! This was the first Far Cry game I have played and I wasn't sure how fun it would be when I got it. After a few hours I couldn't stop playing. It was so fun! I especially love the large map that you can explore and have hours of fun on. And if you don't feel like playing the main story, you can play side quests and take over outposts. This game can provide hours of fun. I would definitely recommend this game to a friend. Expand
  95. Mar 14, 2013
    Proof that once more in an open world game, variety and quantity doesn't equate to quality. Far Cry 3 throws an abundance of activities at you and yet non of them or their mechanics are particularly satisfying. You play as carefree fratboy Jason Brody, who along with his equally model-perfect chums, get abducted on an idyllic paradise island, by a group of pirates headed by cliched loony, Vaas. Even before the prologue is over you'll be struggling with who you hate more. The aforementioned cartoon villain, Vaas, or the nauseating protagonist and his 1-dimensional cast of apparently lab-grown wasters. actually, that's a lie. It's the latter. By a long way. This leaves you with an interesting motivational conundrum: It's hard to play as the 'hero' wanting to save all his poor friends, when you really want nothing more then to aid Vaas in helping him skin the lot of them and sell them back to their parents as designer handbags. But the game doesn't let you do this. So much for choice!
    And while we're on the subject of choice, don't expect it when it comes to the main story. If you're a stealth player expect the game to remove that option for you in favour of explosions and scripted set-pieces. This is particularly galling when so many of the environments are teeming with great ambush possibilities. But even action fans will be disappointed by how little of the environment is actually accessible due to the maddeningly awful and illogical jumping mechanics. Guns feel pretty weak and hit-detection is spotty. The much vaunted animals provide amusing ad lib moments, ruining your or your enemies plans, but quickly become tiresome, particularly as they appear virtually and comically indestructible. Bears and tigers will barely break stride when confronted by such inconveniences as 3 sniper rifle bullets to the face and animals as small as dogs will shrug off petty attacks like being run over by a 4x4. The save system is awful, and the whole island feels plasticky. If all you desire from a game is a huge map, loads of stuff to do (and by that I mean shoot and blow stuff up) and aren't particularly bothered how well it does it, or by how painfully, insultingly vacant the plot and characters are then I can guarantee you will love this game. I found one that constantly teased greatness,, only to waste a whole lot of design potential, to the point where it became an infuriating, vapid bore.
  96. Mar 13, 2013
    Overall, its a great FPS, but it does have some flaws. First, the characters is lacking in any personality whatsoever, with the exception of Vaas. Second the driving is very hit or miss, but usually I think its very pointless, like the horses in Skyrim. I mean you can fast travel, and I prefer walking. Its more of an experience. And finally, the thing that really bothers me is whether it was being a serious or humorous game, or both; and if they're trying to do both they don't pull it off well, like in Majora's Mask and Portal 2. With that said though, it's still a great game. The upgrade system is simple to use, there's a lot to do, and its very addicting. Its not the best game of 2012, but it's still a worthy purchase. Expand
  97. Mar 11, 2013
    A really great game. Beautiful visuals, fun combat mechanics, a huge map to explore, interesting and very detailed characters. BUT, all the beauty aside, it is nothing more than a collection of fetch quests and scavenger hunting. Once the novelty wears off you realize just how repetitive it is. Overall: a great game that could have used a bit more variety in activities, when considering how big the map is. Expand
  98. Mar 7, 2013
    This game, as said by many others, can be considered the "Skyrim" of the modern FPS. There is plenty to do, quite a bit of customization, and a strong storyline. Not to mention a game changing decision that can be made to affect your ending of the game. You pretty much get to play the game how you want to play it. Sneaky, guns blazing, or a mixture of both, is all up to you. I'm glad I picked it up and am looking forward to beating it a second time. Expand
  99. Mar 5, 2013
    While I was hesitant at first to try the third installation in a franchise that I've yet to know or care, after carefully inspecting professional and honest reviews on this game, the hype of this game being "skyrim-with-guns" made me want to put my feet into the unknown territory of Far Cry 3. I couldn't have made a better choice in my life. Let's start from when you start the game. I am quite piqued at the conceptualism of Duality and Insanity voiced through the visuals of the main screen even, and also works beneficially for accessing your menu with ease. But, the one thing that did annoy me the most about this game was not necessarily about the content itself but Ubisoft's constant plea for it's almost unnecessary online pass. While you could play multiplayer without installing this pass up to Level 15, the whole reward on your hand for doing so isn't that significant. Likely, all you'll ever get is 4 achievement challenges which if completed will give you so to say "points" that you can use to download only 4 unlockables, almost all of which could've been in the final game to begin with. Nevertheless, at least it didn't necessarily force you to keep paying with real money, rather than just your dedication to the game itself. But overall, this Uplay is just another hub to bring more uneccessary adverts and lock the customer in a very unfriendly commitment to a company which seems to lie more than what their customer would. Anyhow, back to the game. The singleplayer as a whole is quite astounding, with real and round character development, combined with an engaging environment and tons of activities to do in this game. while you play as a seemingly spoiled college frat boy, you actually almost immediately get past his stereotypes and see the real human in him, and you can see him slowly develop from a person who only knew the life of luxury to a hard-boiled survivalist, something that a lot of games have trouble these days topping off. Jason Brody has morals, and is not a airhead as I thought I'd come to expect. The gameplay itself is also nice, where you can constantly have yourself engaging in a lot of dynamic battles between pirates, hostile animals and maybe even your friends. I do have to say right out the bat that in the singleplayer mode this game provides one of the best pyrotechnics I have ever seen (you can even hear the trees crackle as they burn and the fire spread!). There are a whole assortment of weapons and traps to choose from, varying between out in the open to overall stealthy, and the stealth mode in this game also has a big improvement, with individual enemy indicators rather than universal ones found in Skyrim or Fallout. Skinning animals actually comes to use, as you can use the skins to increase the capacity of ammo, how many weapons you can hold, or aid of the matter. There are internet challenges you can engage in around the singleplayer world, where you can compete with your friends to have your name stamped on a bright red rock as the champion of said challenge. Skills not only diversified but having these skills adds tattoos to your arm, and you can see how detailed your arm will become after amassing a large amount of skills. You can also gain signature weapons from completing other challenges, like collecting relics or lost letters, and there is also a radio tower part of gameplay that works not unlike the Assassin's Creed towers, where you can reveal the map and have certain guns be free for purchase (not the attachments, however). Now, I would say that the singleplayer on it's own would be enough to get this game immediately, but this game is so much more give than take. There is a co-op mode (although it's more of a big shooting gallery with pyrotechnics), a multiplayer mode (with loadouts that you can use in co-op as well) and even a map editor, which allows for much more replayability with the multiplayer even after reaching the highest rank (and you will get there fast, believe me.) There is a decoding system that allows you to get certain camoflauge that also serve to provide some certain attributes to your weapons, and urges you to keep playing as theses decoders are "decoding". Other than the blatant ad spam that is the Uplay system, with a facebook like dashboard that puts a status of you every time you either get top score on a match or complete a challenge, to which people can "like" them. I don't really see the point of this at all as it doesn't serve any purpose to popularize yourself or having any control over what status' should be shown, much less even make your own. But, apart from that, This game is wholly wonderful and you will spend oodles of hours playing player made maps, or making your own, and especially getting some singleplayer in. Hear that, Battlefield 3? This is how you make multiplayer AND singleplayer just as good. Expand
  100. Feb 26, 2013
    While it is a good shooter, Far Cry 3 isn't nothing more. It has a big map, but boring though. The map just feels all the same, but, it has a good quality though. The plot is predictable and not very catchy at the beginning. Otherwise, the AI is pretty good and the weapons are well made. Even if i love game with skills (or RPG elements in general), I totally hated this aspect of FC3. Not well developed. It also really doesn't feel like an open world game, because, even if you're doing it in a big open map, all you've got to do is going from A to B. The characters are well developed. Generally, it is a funny game, but definitely not the best. Expand
  101. Apr 12, 2013

1. Apr 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 reaches for greatness, but falls short at merely being really fun. It has a few hiccups here and there and the story is very thin, but the exploration and combat really shine. It's a worthy addition to any collection.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Almost everything about Far Cry 3 speaks to the game’s skilled, confident and tightly interwoven design, and players are free to seek their specific flavour of gratification and victory as Jason becomes the most dangerous animal on the island.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    The freeform combat, gorgeous locations, and excellent multiplayer are strong, and Far Cry 3 does a fantastic job of putting the player in the middle of a lawless, chaotic world and letting them get up to whatever they please. Yes, video games are capable of achieving much more than Far Cry 3 does, but it makes a persuasive argument that there's nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure now and again—especially when it's as slickly presented as this is.