8.5

1. Mar 2, 2014
    I've been dying for this game to come out, watched every video, read all the news and rumours, and then when it came out, I skipped my exams, went home and played it for a good three hours straight. And now that I finished it. Here is my "opinon"

Story: this game focuses on insanity. And while leaving some plot holes, it makes you think is it bad story telling or is Jason Brody insane?
    And a lot of the stuff could be a fragment of his diritating mind?, but from what I gathered it's a great story that keeps you guessing, and while having two okay endings.. It's still pretty unique and covered the insanity tale well. The cast of this game is well done, from spies, to Australians to Germans, to Americans, all is AAA voiced acted. Everyone sounds authentic. The animals sound terrifyingly satisfying. The guns sound different and all the brushes and wildlife sound authentic.

Graphics: being a console, it has it's pop ins and some screen tearing but overall looks great with a nice sense of cell shade. The fire is the best I've seen, especially when coming from the flamethrower. The rain is all well and good, but sometimes storms appear out of the blue, not in a realistic way, the waters look nice but could of used more splashes when swimming fast, again it is consoles.

Gameplay: very diverse, stealth works well, and guns blazing is great also, lots of weapons (43) and attachments to buy etc, 85% of this game you choose ur style some missions would require a specific approach.

Overall it is a reveloutionary single player FPS and it destroys it completion I'm the single player experience, I'm a offline gamer (a rare dying breed) to do everything it take about 35 to 50 hrs, you get ur money's worth, go and buy it now.
  2. Feb 19, 2014
    I like this game quite a bit but a huge downfall was the fact that you can't carry anything. I found the crafting to be boring and unnecessary. The open world feels isolated and empty in comparison to Just Cause 2. This is also one of those games where you can die just by jumping down a small ledge.
  3. Feb 17, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is the best game ever for about five to ten hours, then starting forest fires with a flamethrower and blowing up a animals with an RPG just kind of gets old. I like the story and the setting. The landscape looks great and its really cool that the box art is actually a real spot in the game (try to find it!). The weapon selection and upgrades are nice. I liked how you had to work to open up the map and aim to make targets show up. I felt cheated every time I died due to the game breaking it's own rules. The enemies are a little funny at first, but they only said a few lines, so I got pretty tired of them fast. I spent over 50 hours in the game because I went after absolutely everything, and I can say that there is no reward in getting every piece of loot, so resist being a completionist. The driving should really have been third-person because walking everywhere got very tedious. My car would either explode or get stuck on a twig within 20 seconds of getting in it. The choices of the open world made the game open-ended for different styles of play. For example, I took an outpost with only two bears when I could have used bullets or bombs or arrows. Overall, this title is a good open world game with so much to do and good memories to have, but little short on the story mode and gets slightly repetitive. Expand
  4. Feb 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the best game I have ever played. There are lots of animals you can hunt, Lots of guns you can shoot and lots of vehicles you can drive. Lots of people hated jason but I loved him. I do wish that they kept vaas alive, he was awesome. You should go out and get this game now. Expand
  5. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You may have noticed that people don't have the guts to try something different and unique in video games. Ubisoft do though, they've made an open-world first-person shooter called Far Cry 3. We don't get games of this kind nowadays, but this has been pulled off. It's an outstanding game and one that everyone should pick up. This is a game with reasons to explore, an engaging story and satisfying gameplay. It's spectacular!

Far Cry 3 has a meaningful story that will put you on the edge of your seat. You play as Jason Brody who's friends have been captured on an Asian island during a vacation. It's Jason's job to save his friends and seek revenge on Vaas Montenegro who has killed your brother and runs an organization of pirates on the north side of the Island. Although Vaas is a villain in this game, he's someone that you will fall in love with once you get to hear what he says and see what he does and is an awesome guy, and one of the many unforgettable characters in Far Cry 3. Everyone has something special about their personality and actions and you will love them all. Even if you don't like some of the characters, you weren't supposed to. Jason's friends are like the dumb and arrogant teenagers that you've probably come across in your life.
    Then, there's the music which really matches and engages with whatever you are doing as Jason or whatever you are doing whilst exploring. When you're engaged in combat, the music is fast and dramatic, but when Jason is doing something in a cut scene, the music is really quiet and gentle.
  6. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a great game. It's epic. The only reason I am not giving it a ten is because it's not the best I've ever played, but it's def one of the tops on the list. It gas a great level up system. Hunting to upgrade your stuff is fun and was a great idea. I normally am not a stealth type player , but even going in stealth mode on this game was fun. The game starts off good, then gets a little better, and by the time you are deep into the story you will be sitting on the edge of your seat . It's a definite buy and I very picky on actual buys. It has a good amount of replay value and even just doing the story without side missions you will still get your money worth out of hrs played. I still have not gotten every achievement. This talking about it has got me ready to play it now lol. Right now I'm playing Dead Island and it's a suckfest. So go buy far cry 3 and enjoy..

Also I have noticed that ppl complain about there not being a lot of guns. But there is a decent amount and you have many mod options on em. And I'm sure the ppl complaining didn't do as many side missions as me. To let you in without a spoiler . Let's just say there are quite a few more guns than you are expected to believe.
  7. Jan 15, 2014
    The story is unique. It includes survival and action/adventure. However, I just wish there were more story missions. There's lots of things to do. I got tired of Far Cry 3 one time. Coop is terrible because it seems like I could never get to the last mission. People kept quitting the game and then I had to start over. I'm not complaining. Vaas is the main character because Rook Island is his home, and it shows Vaas on the front cover. Overall, Far Cry 3 is average. Expand
  8. Jan 15, 2014
    The overall graphics, level design, face renderings, character voices and animations are all incredible. The detail is staggering when stopping to take a look at just about anything. I didn't experience a single crash which is uncommon with games this size and speaks to the overall quality of the development. The game started a little slow for me since the player must craft certain important items from animal hides you laboriously hunt (or hunt you), and I also spent most of the time in the bushes with a crossbow throwing endless rocks to manipulate the pirates for stealthy take downs. But later, the game did speed up after the tedious starting items and story elements were completed, and it felt more like an FPS and less like Thief. The skill tree is helpful and not too obnoxiously big or complicated. Movements are fluid and precise. I didn't care for the single save, forced crafting on most items, repetitive engagements with Vaas (definition of insanity?), and monotonous side quests (which you start to feel towards the end). I didn't play FC1 or 2, but this was on sale for $14.99 and though I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did, it's truly an elite game. Be patient with it, the rewards are big. Expand
  9. Jan 15, 2014
    Beautiful open-world environment. Superb cover mechanics in gunfights. Great leveling-up and crafting system. Rarely have I felt so nervous to venture out into unknown territory, but the difficulty level is perfect. The villain's voice actor may actually be a psycho in real life. My favorite parts were the genuinely trippy psychedelic experiences that are part of the gameplay (not mere cut-scenes) which exemplify the developer's artistry. I have very minor complaints about the second half of the story, as well as the protagonist's voice acting, but all-in-all you should definitely play this game. Expand
  10. Jan 12, 2014
    Returning to the island paradise setting of the original Far Cry 3 is, for me at least, the best in the series by far. Having seen family members and friends captured by the psychotic pirate Vaas following an adventure holiday Jason sets out to get them back. Starting as a neutral figure, afraid to even fire a gun at first, he is quickly transformed by his experiences as the game progresses until pretty soon all manner of options are available to the player to best defeat their enemies.

Truth be told the actual story missions, while usually passable, are far from the most interesting aspect of the game. All too often they fall back on video game clichés with the use of QTE’s and escort missions being particularly irritating. What truly makes Far Cry 3 the game it is, is the fantastic open world that allows for all manner of unique, and totally unscripted, events. Talk to anyone that has played the game and they will tell you of events that only they will have experienced. Fortunately the actual gameplay mechanics are also very good with weapons having a real sense of weight to them as well as the welcome freedom to choose from going in all guns blazing to taking a more stealthy approach thanks to the use of 'Takedown' moves that can be unlocked.

All in all this one comes highly recommended.
  11. Jan 6, 2014
    Positives: Good production value, loved the open world aspect, variety of weapons and tools.

Negatives: Excessively repetitive, graphics for most secondary NPCs and textures were very sub par, main voice actor was not very strong.

If you play games to get achievements then Far Cry 3 is your game....lots of hide and go seek achievements: find these relics (they all look the same),
    find these memory cards, kill this animal, kill this person (they all look the same), take over this base (it looks just like the last base you took over), unlock these weapons we stole from Call of Duty, etc, etc. The game got very boring to me other than 3 or 4 really fun sequences in the main story in between hours of doing the same thing over and over and over.

I was really hoping for a better game based on the reviews. However, I like games with good story telling and more variety and this game simple didn't have enough of that to justify a better score...however it did hold enough of my interest to play it until the end, which obviously means I still enjoyed it to some degree.
  12. Jan 5, 2014
    Enredo e gráficos e mecânicas são bens trabalhada proporcionando um ótimo jogo.
  13. Jan 5, 2014
    The first 10 minutes of the game you instantly grab emotion towards the player as you watch a realistic experience in which could happen. You're been captured by pirates on a mysterious island and its up to you Jason Brody to track down and rescue your friends. Playing for hours and hours into the game you soon discover this isn't your typical island, each character you meet is strange in a good way and each play their certain role. Walking around the jungle isn't you're best option when hunting down you're friends because your soon find out the hunter will become hunted. Stretches of unpredictable exploration and free-form hunting alternate with challenging pirate confrontations, sometimes culminating with a rocket blast to the helicopter hounding you from above, is what this game has to offer .The ambitions within the game is crazy and is a finely tuned adventure that gets better and better as you play. Far cry 3 is one of the most appealing games of 2012 and will go down in history as one of the best open world experiences Expand
  14. Dec 30, 2013
    I'm totally enjoying playing this game! blowing up the enemy with mines and c4, sniping them from a distance, and I really like using the bow with flame and exploding tips, and the normal arrows are good for taking out guards too.
    I like the way you can knock off enemies using different knife techniques/take downs.
    And those damn guard dogs! :-)
    and here it comes.....the AI is not
    consistent. I find that sometimes I'm next to an enemy and they don't see me, but other times they do. This makes it difficult to predict or how to approach an enemy base camp.
    I don't think I'm going to bother finding all the relics. I'm not sure if there is a point to or if you are awarded with doing so.
    The game is getting a little repetitive, but still fun to play. Graphic are good, I turned the music off so I don't know if it is any good.
    Its not quite a 9 or 10, and a 8 is a bit low so I'd give it a 8.5 (if I had that option)
  15. Dec 17, 2013
    A game to dive into, experiment and explore. Easily one of the best shooters ever, better even than the original Far Cry. Story and setting are incredible, gameplay is king.
  16. Dec 1, 2013
    MUST PLAY!!! If you enjoyed playing Red Dead Redemption you will enjoy this game. I've played Far Cry 2 on the same system, and pretty much everything that annoyed me in the last game got fixed! I give this game a solid 9. It's not perfect but it deserves it: Let's start with the negatives: -I found storyline boring and quite stupid. Especially moments when he blacks out and there is a stupid action event knife fight.
    - Main character Jason is kind of a doushe bro and I found him annoying, well that's ok with me. I really dont' care.
    -I really don't care about his friends either. They seemed like bunch of self entitled rich kids to me.
    -Only one type of the environment, just the jungle. In second one there was Savannah and the jungle. May be in the next game you can get on the plane and fly to another island with different scenery.

Now what I like in this game:
    +It's a gorgeous looking game, and I'm a person who doesn't really care about the graphics.
    +This game has a BOW, and you can do some Rambo like killing with it.
    +What is awesome about this video game that you have and open world to explore. Meet new bad guys and them kill them. It's not just your regular FPS, you get to sneak on some bad dudes and cut their throats, that's what I found the best about this game. Only few missions are sneak around only, but for the most of the game you don't have to sneak around even once.
    +Can customize weapons
    +Killing animals and crafting stuff
    +Putting this on fire is pretty cool
    and so on...

I would definately pick up this game if I were you, it's pretty cheap now and it is definitely worth it.
  17. Nov 28, 2013
    Positives:
    -Open world allows for good pacing when it comes to action. Also, it is in the jungle and you can hunt wildlife.
    -Go in guns-a-blazing or stealthily. Pick people off from long range or go up close!
    -RPG elements such as upgrading equipment and gaining new skills as you progress.
    -Likable archnemesis in Vaas and a few interesting characters though nobody is really fleshed out
    including yourself.
    CONS
    -Story line is blockbuster action esque (meaning it's kinda lame but nobody really cares). Your character goes from being an everyday American wus like you and me to a bad ass warrior who kills 100s of people.
    -Dubstep
  18. Nov 25, 2013
    I really don't have much to rag on for Far Cry III. This game has it all. Here's some of Far Cry III's biggest strengths:
    -Top quality voice acting & character animations
    -High quality story
    -Great combat (if you use it right. You can either just go in guns blazing or try for more stealth-based combat. I opt for the latter which has made my gameplaying experience SO much better!)
    -The
    best villain I've ever played against: Vaas.
    -An open, lush environment
    -A pretty cool RPG-esque level up system.

Now, you may have heard this game is Skyrim with guns. As awesome as the game is, it'd be a lie to say that it's anything like the Elder Scrolls. NPC interaction is pretty limited, sidequests are really basic and you don't level up in nearly as much detail as Skyrim. That being said, I still loved the game. Buy it now!
  19. Nov 9, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a perfect game, superbly balanced and lush with mission variations that prolong the beautiful adventure. If you truly give in to the game's insanity, it's the most fun and rewarding experience money can buy
  20. Rem
    Nov 7, 2013
    "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" says Vaas Montenegro, the main antagonist of Far Cry 3. I can surely answer that, Far Cry 3 has gotten me insane, but usually because it's just so damn fun. What Far Cry 3 does isn't entirely original, but boy is it ever so polished. The main surprise in this game is the story. Not only is it leaps and bounds above its predecessors, its among the best of 2012. The story, while not consistent, is presented very well with cinematic voice acting and graphics. Rook Island is a beautiful place to explore ranging from jungle to ruin. The fun thing is how it all blends into a cohesive experience. However once you finish the game, there isn't much else to do which is Far Cry 3's greatest flaw. Despite so, it remembers that it is a game and it remembers that is a great game. Expand
  21. Nov 2, 2013
    [9.2] What Far Cry 3 lacks in story quality makes up for so much in the game. It has incredibly beautiful environments with great graphics to support it, very smooth stealth and combat systems, fun activities, and endless amount of exploration, as well as a multiplayer, which may be basic, but works great with Far Cry mechanics. The co-op is also a great way to pass time, and the map editor is the best I've seen in any game, including Halo. There are very few, extremely minor flaws in the game, including occasional glitches, which are often quite funny, and poor writing, which is also often funny. It is the perfect open world experience, with plenty of other elements to satisfy almost any player. Expand
  22. Oct 10, 2013
    Far Cry 3 combined the multi-faceted action, open world and not a bad screenplay. Stated promises made ​​almost flawlessly, and such honesty is worthy of awards. The problems, of course, there are, but in this particular case, we will gladly about them forget.
  23. Oct 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far Cry 3 is one of the greatest FPS of all time yet sadly falls flat due to a flat plot thats very generic and rather pointless plot or story and the fact that every main character is an excluding Vass who is in my opinion one of the best villains ever to be created, he is the definition of INSANITY.

Pros:
    -Beautiful Graphics
    -One of the greatest characters of all time, Vass
    -Very enjoyable and fluent gameplay
    -Living breathing island, animals will attack u if they see you
    -AGAIN A LOT AND A LOT OF GODDAMN FUN
    -Physics, amazing physics, burn down the trees, fall damage
    -awesome healing system, basically you can UN dislocate your hand
    -Hunting and skinning animals is very rewarding and makes you feel like a total badass

Cons:
    -Stupid plot with a very retarded ending, basically kill your friends for no real good reason, just because you can
    -Pretty much every main protagonist and antagonist besides Vass and The crazy drug addict scientist is an including the character you play as making you want the characters to die, also they all just feel so GODDAMN BLAND AND LIFELESS
    -Not enough Vass, only in the game for a very short amount of time
    -After finishing the game their is no new game meaning that the replay value is rather pitiful after taking over all the outposts and collecting all items
    -Skills points are way to easy to get, i played the game of warrior difficulty and found the game to still be way to easy
    -Rubbish coop campaign that feels rushed and is WAY TO GODDAMN DIFFICULT TO PLAY WITH ONLY 2 PLAYERS, which is sad because the story itself is rather badass
    -2 easy to get achievements, ive almost got them all

-Multplayer, i had a lot of fun with it yet it feels rather disappointing knowing that the servers are laggy as all hell and it feels like a generic COD like style multiplayer instead of using the amazing environment to create an intressting and different multplayer.

Overall:
    I really enjoyed Far Cry 3, even if the game had a lot of cons i still very much enjoyed the game because its just so beautiful and you can see so much hard work went into creating the single player experience that all the rushed add on editions feel as if they are easily forgotten
  24. Oct 4, 2013
    Far cry 3 is the best game in the franchise. It puts you in a lush amazing world were you have to ability to explore different islands do side quests and just blow up! it lets you choose how to do a mission, from stealth to total guns blazing. getting new tattoos so you have new you could say powers to help you survive the island. oh and the new enemy voss is dun perfectly never have I ever been so immersed in a game. and it comes with a full length multiplayer, and a co-op campaign and map editor. now the map editor is clearly made and designed for pc because it is extremely hard to use on the Xbox. You can also download other maps that people made and play them with friends or random people in a death match or strategic match. Now for some of the games faults. First for some reason the game wouldn't save at sometimes. and my game occasionally froze and I had to restart my Xbox witch I didn't enjoy. also some random frame rate issues. and once you beat the game it just feels like a big open world but that's it there is nothing left to do and it gets kind of boring. but I love this game no matter what so I give it a 9/10 I would given it higher but its to late. Also guys check out my new youtube chanel AverageGamerReviews2 and subscribe because I will be bringing you all the news and reviews of the games coming out 3013-2014 Expand
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    This is easily one of the best 2012 first-person shooters I've played. Exploring a large island while undertaking different missions and activities spells hours of fun. Unlocking weapons, getting upgrades, expanding territory and exploring the island leads to a lot of replayability. It's no slouch in the graphics department. While it's not the best-looking game on the 360, it's pretty close. The only downsides are the multiplayer and co-op, both of which aren't very spectacular (and don't justify an extra $10 if you buy the game used). Regardless, this is an amazing game that first-person shooter fans of every stripe should try. Expand
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    I love this game. Beautiful environments that shy away from the dull grey's and brown's that modern FPS' love to overuse, great combat, great story, one of my favorite villain in all of gaming, and overall is just a fun game to play. On the Xbox 360 there are some graphical and frame rate issues though but it's not so bad that it is unplayable. Co-op is also not very entertaining but that is an entirely new story that has nothing to do with the main campaign and if you don't want to 100% the achievements you don't even have to touch it. They also add a new multiplayer mode (witch is not that good, but passable.) and a robust map editing tool that dwarves the likes of Forge in Halo. Overall this is a great game and one of Ubisoft's best, it goes up there with Prince of Persia and the Rayman Series. This is a must buy for any FPS or open world fan. Expand
  27. Sep 16, 2013
    A mediocre addition to the Far Cry series. It lacks the simplicity, intensity and rawness of the previous two games. It also lacks the maturity of Far Cry 2. In further comparison to FC2 the damage physics are not as realistic, the weather effects are minimal, the AI are significantly dumber, the day/night cycle is not convincing, and the setting is unoriginal (basically Far Cry 1 with better polish). To me Far Cry 3 was designed to please those people who play whatever fps is trending at the moment rather than true fans of the Far Cry series. As such the game is destined to be remembered for two things only, occasional animal attacks and Vaas. The rest is forgettable. It is too superficial and too easy. I also don't like playing a spoiled and dumb frat-boy in my shooters. Expand
  28. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An overall outstanding open world game. Everything seems to work well: The FPS mechanics are solid, the stealth mechanics work surprisingly well, the soundtrack is top-notch, and the graphics are great. The only thing I'm not fond of is the main villain. I loved Vaas, however his boss isn't as interesting as he is. He's just your average jerk drug dealer kinda guy.

Overall, an excellent game.
  29. Aug 23, 2013
    It's nothing revolutionary but there is no better way to spend your evenings, or even entire days. A major improvement from Far Cry 2. The stealth, the music, the voice acting, the believable story. Vaas and Hoyt are 2 or the greatest villains in video game history. It's just fun.
  30. Aug 19, 2013
    This game was a splendid experience. The gameplay is fun and immersive, everything can be going right while you're setting some wild pig on fire, then out of nowhere a lion is mauling you in the face, and some pirates decide to throw bullets and an rpg-7 at you. The locale and graphics are stunning, enough to keep you simply looking around for hours, much like Skyrim.

This game would be
    worth a 10 if the story didn't fall flat on it's face after a certain event. Play it and you'll know what I mean. Expand

1. Apr 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 reaches for greatness, but falls short at merely being really fun. It has a few hiccups here and there and the story is very thin, but the exploration and combat really shine. It's a worthy addition to any collection.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Almost everything about Far Cry 3 speaks to the game’s skilled, confident and tightly interwoven design, and players are free to seek their specific flavour of gratification and victory as Jason becomes the most dangerous animal on the island.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    The freeform combat, gorgeous locations, and excellent multiplayer are strong, and Far Cry 3 does a fantastic job of putting the player in the middle of a lawless, chaotic world and letting them get up to whatever they please. Yes, video games are capable of achieving much more than Far Cry 3 does, but it makes a persuasive argument that there's nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure now and again—especially when it's as slickly presented as this is.