8.6

1. Mar 28, 2015
    If you thought that Far cry 2 was a frustration and you decided to quit the Far cry series because of that. But not with this game. Far cry 3 improves on almost everything from Far cry 2. The driving feels a lot smoother and faster. Far cry 2's driving felt like you were always driving a tractor. Far cry 3's shooting feels so much smoother and you can actually fight like your Rambo, ItsIf you thought that Far cry 2 was a frustration and you decided to quit the Far cry series because of that. But not with this game. Far cry 3 improves on almost everything from Far cry 2. The driving feels a lot smoother and faster. Far cry 2's driving felt like you were always driving a tractor. Far cry 3's shooting feels so much smoother and you can actually fight like your Rambo, Its that much better, seriously. Buy this game. Expand
  2. Dec 30, 2014
    Incredible, so original, great game that's so much fun, would make a great movie. Stunning visuals aside, the audio quality is pretty bad, but other than that, great game.
  3. Dec 11, 2014
    This game is visually stunning. The A.I. is very well developed, forcing you in most cases to use your brain, your surroundings and your focus. The crafting system is a little clunky and the map a bit hard to read in certain cases, nonetheless that only takes away a small amount of fun. The driving is fun and different, the boating is fun and feels real. The character builds are a bitThis game is visually stunning. The A.I. is very well developed, forcing you in most cases to use your brain, your surroundings and your focus. The crafting system is a little clunky and the map a bit hard to read in certain cases, nonetheless that only takes away a small amount of fun. The driving is fun and different, the boating is fun and feels real. The character builds are a bit lack-luster (excluding Vaas of course) but they are still stronger than average. The story has its great moments and weaker moments, but because of the visually stunning appearance, landscape, weapons and just fun, i must give it a 9 Expand
  4. Dec 7, 2014
    The environment is sprawling and scrumptious, the side missions, particularly the outposts, are a joy to do. The antagonist Vaas is now regarded as one of video games best villains and I am glad he is getting the credit he deserves. Vaas' lunacy and unpredictability make him genuinely scary, which makes for a low key element of constant fear whilst playing which only adds to theThe environment is sprawling and scrumptious, the side missions, particularly the outposts, are a joy to do. The antagonist Vaas is now regarded as one of video games best villains and I am glad he is getting the credit he deserves. Vaas' lunacy and unpredictability make him genuinely scary, which makes for a low key element of constant fear whilst playing which only adds to the excitement. The story lays down the mat well and does well to inject a sense of unease into you right off the bat. Far Cry 3 truly is a genre and generation defining game, full of freedom, combat and a setting that changes the ball game for the open world genre. Expand
  5. Nov 17, 2014
    I'm not a HUGE fan of open world games but this game made me change my perspective! From skinning animals for food or just killing them to complete a quest. This game never gets boring with all of the quests and the storyline will keep you wanting more! If you like an open world with plenty of action and excitement along with a gripping storyline Far Cry 3 delivers!
  6. Nov 12, 2014
    As a long-time fan of the FPS and open world genres, this is the game I've been waiting for for years. I enjoyed the first two games in the series but this is the first one two really live up to its potential. Unlike most shooters where you start off as a badass, in this game you start out as a normal 20-something kid that more or less resembles the target audience of the game itself. AsAs a long-time fan of the FPS and open world genres, this is the game I've been waiting for for years. I enjoyed the first two games in the series but this is the first one two really live up to its potential. Unlike most shooters where you start off as a badass, in this game you start out as a normal 20-something kid that more or less resembles the target audience of the game itself. As you begin to explore the world of the game, your character begins a descent into madness that turns him into a viscous killing machine. This journey into darkness makes the game one of the most immersive shooters of all time. While the campaign is certainly a blast, it's the element of non-linear exploration that make this game truly epic. The exploration occurs by climbing up radio towers and liberating enemy bases. You can take down these outposts stealthily without firing a single shot or storm the front gate, flamethrower a-blazing. I spent many a late night telling myself "okay, take over ONE more base and I'm going to bed" and then summarily ignoring my own orders. The game also includes the most impressive array of realistic weaponry I've seen in a shooter, bolstered by the intriguing "hunting and crafting" system which I thought would be annoying but turned out quite fun. The relatively easy to use map editor also adds greatly to the replay value. My main complaint is that the multiplayer is extremely lacking. I would have LOVED a split-screen option that would have allowed a buddy to drop into my single-player campaign and start raising hell with me. Hopefully this will be remedied with the sequel coming out next week (!!!!!). Expand
  7. Oct 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of my all time favorite games. You have to hunt animals to get new and better gear, explore the land/radio towers for new guns and maps, and can approach fun varied missions in any style you choose. Amazing fun for multiple plays. great story and long play aswell Expand
  8. Oct 2, 2014
    WOW, JUST WOW! I am still feeling this way about this game a year later. This game literally cherry picked all the fun elements you enjoyed in all of the other leading titles out around this time and rolled it up into one fat game. This set the bar for me.

Maybe I am biased because this game really hit home for me. I am in my early 30's, have grown up in southern California my whole life. As I played this game it was too easy to imagine this being me or what would I have done with my friends and it was overwhelmingly relateable. I became emotionaly vested in the characters and became overwhelmingly addicted to this game. At first I had to learn the format of this game and how the skills (tattoos) you receive effect your performance. This in itself can seem like a chore as if you are like me you have played games before, with different formats, and later discovered after adjusting to the format that the game sucked. Not this game!

I was quickly versed in the basics and became a pro as I went. I got lost for hours swimming, exploring, hunting, and trying my luck at some of the mini challenges or side quests that build your arsenal and your skills. The achievments are a lot of fun on this game. Some seem absolutely impossible, until you try it and damn is it fun! This game literally has everything. From cliff diving, eating magical mushrooms, skydiving, hunting, swimming, action, sex, nudity, adventure, a sense of being a part of something greater, a story worthy of a hollywood movie, humor, fun, excitement and ultimately a huge choice to make at the end of the game.

I loved the Apocolypse now reference and you will too. If you have no clue what I am talking about, pop in the movie and watch the first 30 minutes of it. All you need to watch is the scene when they raid the beaches of Vietnam with music bumping on their heli's. If you watch that and play this game all the way through, you will know what I mean. This game is so satisfying and so worth your time.

I often am critical of games that have been recycled and it has come to my attention that they borrowed the set from "Dead Island" for this game or was it the other way around? Either way I have not played Dead Island, maybe I would have felt different about this game. Hard to imagine with hands down the best storyline I have ever experienced in a game, hands down.

The online play is fun. If you are an avid COD fan they missed the bar here a bit, however compared to recent releases like Titanfall and Destiny, I'd say this online multiplayer crushes Titanfall and still holds strong against some of the co-op and versus games of Destiny.

One last thing, if you played the other 2 games and were somewhat let down or not as entertained by Far Cry 2 as you were with Far Cry 1, that will not be the case here. Although if you got used to the Far Cry 2 format, you may be turned off by this one, or like me love it and see the brilliance in it.

Go out and get this game. You can probably get it for a steal.

As it stands now this is my ALL TIME FAVORITE GAME. And I have been playing video games since 1984 when I played atari and asteroids at Marie Calendars. I have owned and played almost every console released since the 80's. This even includes educational games from Socrates, was a huge fan PC Sierra Games and Lucas Arts from back in the day, still own the original NES I received in 1987, still own a 3do, have a PS2, and all xbox's. THIS IS STILL MY ALL TIME FAVORITE.
  9. Sep 26, 2014
    This game is superb. Aside form the occasional texture glitch and lag for the Xbox, it is a stunning masterpiece. the gun play is fun, the stealth is amazing and the bow is the best experience I've played for a long time. The fire is also fantastic as the fire will spread throughout the land and you'll be in contestant danger. the crafting system is great as you actually have to go out toThis game is superb. Aside form the occasional texture glitch and lag for the Xbox, it is a stunning masterpiece. the gun play is fun, the stealth is amazing and the bow is the best experience I've played for a long time. The fire is also fantastic as the fire will spread throughout the land and you'll be in contestant danger. the crafting system is great as you actually have to go out to different places in the map and find the animals you need. Great game. Great experience. I would recommend this game to anybody Expand
  10. Sep 9, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is one of the best games I had the opportunity to play, the graphics were great for its time, the game has an amazing campaign, is sensational! Venture to say that is the best game from Ubisoft
  11. Aug 31, 2014
    This is a genuinely excellent game. It's rich in almost everything, the tropical island environment, the gunplay, the rpg elements, the detail in everything. it's a fantastic campaign that is great even when you play it over and over. However, the multiplayer is pretty bad but i'm willing to overlook that.
  12. Aug 6, 2014
    Far cry 3’s engaging introduction instantly inflicts emotion and realism towards the player. The captured pirate and wildlife infested island remains mysterious on its back roads, as Jason Brody, the main protagonist must discover. Although the overwhelming size of the island and customizations, it’s a gamers ever wanted playground. The supporting cast in which the story revolves aroundFar cry 3’s engaging introduction instantly inflicts emotion and realism towards the player. The captured pirate and wildlife infested island remains mysterious on its back roads, as Jason Brody, the main protagonist must discover. Although the overwhelming size of the island and customizations, it’s a gamers ever wanted playground. The supporting cast in which the story revolves around are BEYOND amazingly good. The excellent script and creative characters, leaves this game as a remember-able experience. Some of the best unpredictable exploration and free-form open world games sense fallout, which uses its strength of crazy ambition to remain as one of the most appealing and historical mentioned games to date. Expand
  13. Jul 4, 2014
    I have never had an issue really with someone disliking or hating a game i loved, difference of opinion is all well and good.....until this game. How could a game be done more perfect than this one in 2012? It nailed EVERYTHING, so why list it? I will say this: I have been looking for a FPS campaign that would blow me away in 2014 that i could get engulfed in like i did Arkham CityI have never had an issue really with someone disliking or hating a game i loved, difference of opinion is all well and good.....until this game. How could a game be done more perfect than this one in 2012? It nailed EVERYTHING, so why list it? I will say this: I have been looking for a FPS campaign that would blow me away in 2014 that i could get engulfed in like i did Arkham City (obviously different genre but still) and this was it. Do yourself a humongous favor and play it. sidenote: one of the best and coolest intros to a game to date. Expand
  14. Jun 20, 2014
    One of the best single player campaigns ever! It really makes you feel like you are part of the story, like it's you on this island in this situation. I love the first person view during cut scenes. The story should be made into a real movie. And It's still fun to just roam around the island and hunt animals, craft bigger wallets and ammo holsters, take over outposts, collect relics andOne of the best single player campaigns ever! It really makes you feel like you are part of the story, like it's you on this island in this situation. I love the first person view during cut scenes. The story should be made into a real movie. And It's still fun to just roam around the island and hunt animals, craft bigger wallets and ammo holsters, take over outposts, collect relics and lost letters from really beautiful places like waterfalls and underwater caves. The tropical island setting is really cool. Highly recommended! Expand
  15. May 27, 2014
    Loved the environment, the graphics, gameplay and story. All of them very very good. Vaas is a great character man... One of the bests. Besides being easy, it's fun and immersive. Waiting for Far Cry 4!!
  16. May 26, 2014
    I loved this game as much as GTA V. Awesome story and awesome open world. Great graphics. It took an entire summer (playing evry day) to complete every single mission and to find the treasures. I lost so many hours doing nothing and having fun with animals and exploring the islands! Try to approach the situation like 'murika, throwing grenades and burning people with a flamethrower or tryI loved this game as much as GTA V. Awesome story and awesome open world. Great graphics. It took an entire summer (playing evry day) to complete every single mission and to find the treasures. I lost so many hours doing nothing and having fun with animals and exploring the islands! Try to approach the situation like 'murika, throwing grenades and burning people with a flamethrower or try with stealth, letting tigers to kill enemies or killing them from behind. And the boss battle, skrillex soundtrack, all the moments that you will remember are too much to not play this game. Expand
  17. May 15, 2014
    A 9 or a 10. That's what this game deserves! One of the best fps games out there! I hated the second one so the third... I wasnt convince... got it for 20$ at walmart and god dam*** it's worth it !! so engaging in every details... so many ways of getting job done. so many side tasks.

BUY IT IF YOU DONT HAVE IT
  18. Mar 2, 2014
    I've been dying for this game to come out, watched every video, read all the news and rumours, and then when it came out, I skipped my exams, went home and played it for a good three hours straight. And now that I finished it. Here is my "opinon"

Story: this game focuses on insanity. And while leaving some plot holes, it makes you think is it bad story telling or is Jason Brody insane? And a lot of the stuff could be a fragment of his diritating mind?, but from what I gathered it's a great story that keeps you guessing, and while having two okay endings.. It's still pretty unique and covered the insanity tale well. The cast of this game is well done, from spies, to Australians to Germans, to Americans, all is AAA voiced acted. Everyone sounds authentic. The animals sound terrifyingly satisfying. The guns sound different and all the brushes and wildlife sound authentic.

Graphics: being a console, it has it's pop ins and some screen tearing but overall looks great with a nice sense of cell shade. The fire is the best I've seen, especially when coming from the flamethrower. The rain is all well and good, but sometimes storms appear out of the blue, not in a realistic way, the waters look nice but could of used more splashes when swimming fast, again it is consoles.

Gameplay: very diverse, stealth works well, and guns blazing is great also, lots of weapons (43) and attachments to buy etc, 85% of this game you choose ur style some missions would require a specific approach.

Overall it is a reveloutionary single player FPS and it destroys it completion I'm the single player experience, I'm a offline gamer (a rare dying breed) to do everything it take about 35 to 50 hrs, you get ur money's worth, go and buy it now.
  19. Feb 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the best game I have ever played. There are lots of animals you can hunt, Lots of guns you can shoot and lots of vehicles you can drive. Lots of people hated jason but I loved him. I do wish that they kept vaas alive, he was awesome. You should go out and get this game now. Expand
  20. Jan 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You may have noticed that people don't have the guts to try something different and unique in video games. Ubisoft do though, they've made an open-world first-person shooter called Far Cry 3. We don't get games of this kind nowadays, but this has been pulled off. It's an outstanding game and one that everyone should pick up. This is a game with reasons to explore, an engaging story and satisfying gameplay. It's spectacular!

Far Cry 3 has a meaningful story that will put you on the edge of your seat. You play as Jason Brody who's friends have been captured on an Asian island during a vacation. It's Jason's job to save his friends and seek revenge on Vaas Montenegro who has killed your brother and runs an organization of pirates on the north side of the Island. Although Vaas is a villain in this game, he's someone that you will fall in love with once you get to hear what he says and see what he does and is an awesome guy, and one of the many unforgettable characters in Far Cry 3. Everyone has something special about their personality and actions and you will love them all. Even if you don't like some of the characters, you weren't supposed to. Jason's friends are like the dumb and arrogant teenagers that you've probably come across in your life.
    Then, there's the music which really matches and engages with whatever you are doing as Jason or whatever you are doing whilst exploring. When you're engaged in combat, the music is fast and dramatic, but when Jason is doing something in a cut scene, the music is really quiet and gentle.
  21. Jan 28, 2014
    This is a great game. It's epic. The only reason I am not giving it a ten is because it's not the best I've ever played, but it's def one of the tops on the list. It gas a great level up system. Hunting to upgrade your stuff is fun and was a great idea. I normally am not a stealth type player , but even going in stealth mode on this game was fun. The game starts off good, then gets aThis is a great game. It's epic. The only reason I am not giving it a ten is because it's not the best I've ever played, but it's def one of the tops on the list. It gas a great level up system. Hunting to upgrade your stuff is fun and was a great idea. I normally am not a stealth type player , but even going in stealth mode on this game was fun. The game starts off good, then gets a little better, and by the time you are deep into the story you will be sitting on the edge of your seat . It's a definite buy and I very picky on actual buys. It has a good amount of replay value and even just doing the story without side missions you will still get your money worth out of hrs played. I still have not gotten every achievement. This talking about it has got me ready to play it now lol. Right now I'm playing Dead Island and it's a suckfest. So go buy far cry 3 and enjoy..

Also I have noticed that ppl complain about there not being a lot of guns. But there is a decent amount and you have many mod options on em. And I'm sure the ppl complaining didn't do as many side missions as me. To let you in without a spoiler . Let's just say there are quite a few more guns than you are expected to believe.
  22. Jan 15, 2014
    The overall graphics, level design, face renderings, character voices and animations are all incredible. The detail is staggering when stopping to take a look at just about anything. I didn't experience a single crash which is uncommon with games this size and speaks to the overall quality of the development. The game started a little slow for me since the player must craft certainThe overall graphics, level design, face renderings, character voices and animations are all incredible. The detail is staggering when stopping to take a look at just about anything. I didn't experience a single crash which is uncommon with games this size and speaks to the overall quality of the development. The game started a little slow for me since the player must craft certain important items from animal hides you laboriously hunt (or hunt you), and I also spent most of the time in the bushes with a crossbow throwing endless rocks to manipulate the pirates for stealthy take downs. But later, the game did speed up after the tedious starting items and story elements were completed, and it felt more like an FPS and less like Thief. The skill tree is helpful and not too obnoxiously big or complicated. Movements are fluid and precise. I didn't care for the single save, forced crafting on most items, repetitive engagements with Vaas (definition of insanity?), and monotonous side quests (which you start to feel towards the end). I didn't play FC1 or 2, but this was on sale for $14.99 and though I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did, it's truly an elite game. Be patient with it, the rewards are big. Expand
  23. Jan 15, 2014
    Beautiful open-world environment. Superb cover mechanics in gunfights. Great leveling-up and crafting system. Rarely have I felt so nervous to venture out into unknown territory, but the difficulty level is perfect. The villain's voice actor may actually be a psycho in real life. My favorite parts were the genuinely trippy psychedelic experiences that are part of the gameplay (notBeautiful open-world environment. Superb cover mechanics in gunfights. Great leveling-up and crafting system. Rarely have I felt so nervous to venture out into unknown territory, but the difficulty level is perfect. The villain's voice actor may actually be a psycho in real life. My favorite parts were the genuinely trippy psychedelic experiences that are part of the gameplay (not mere cut-scenes) which exemplify the developer's artistry. I have very minor complaints about the second half of the story, as well as the protagonist's voice acting, but all-in-all you should definitely play this game. Expand
  24. Jan 5, 2014
    Enredo e gráficos e mecânicas são bens trabalhada proporcionando um ótimo jogo.
  25. Dec 17, 2013
    A game to dive into, experiment and explore. Easily one of the best shooters ever, better even than the original Far Cry. Story and setting are incredible, gameplay is king.
  26. Dec 1, 2013
    MUST PLAY!!! If you enjoyed playing Red Dead Redemption you will enjoy this game.
    I've played Far Cry 2 on the same system, and pretty much everything that annoyed me in the last game got fixed!
    I give this game a solid 9. It's not perfect but it deserves it: Let's start with the negatives: -I found storyline boring and quite stupid. Especially moments when he blacks out and there is
    I give this game a solid 9. It's not perfect but it deserves it:
    Let's start with the negatives:

-I found storyline boring and quite stupid. Especially moments when he blacks out and there is a stupid action event knife fight.
    - Main character Jason is kind of a doushe bro and I found him annoying, well that's ok with me. I really dont' care.
    -I really don't care about his friends either. They seemed like bunch of self entitled rich kids to me.
    -Only one type of the environment, just the jungle. In second one there was Savannah and the jungle. May be in the next game you can get on the plane and fly to another island with different scenery.

Now what I like in this game:
    +It's a gorgeous looking game, and I'm a person who doesn't really care about the graphics.
    +This game has a BOW, and you can do some Rambo like killing with it.
    +What is awesome about this video game that you have and open world to explore. Meet new bad guys and them kill them. It's not just your regular FPS, you get to sneak on some bad dudes and cut their throats, that's what I found the best about this game. Only few missions are sneak around only, but for the most of the game you don't have to sneak around even once.
    +Can customize weapons
    +Killing animals and crafting stuff
    +Putting this on fire is pretty cool
    and so on...

I would definately pick up this game if I were you, it's pretty cheap now and it is definitely worth it.
  27. Nov 28, 2013
    Positives:
    -Open world allows for good pacing when it comes to action. Also, it is in the jungle and you can hunt wildlife.
    -Go in guns-a-blazing or stealthily. Pick people off from long range or go up close! -RPG elements such as upgrading equipment and gaining new skills as you progress. -Likable archnemesis in Vaas and a few interesting characters though nobody is really fleshed out
    Positives:
    -Likable archnemesis in Vaas and a few interesting characters though nobody is really fleshed out including yourself.
    CONS
    -Story line is blockbuster action esque (meaning it's kinda lame but nobody really cares). Your character goes from being an everyday American wus like you and me to a bad ass warrior who kills 100s of people.
    -Dubstep
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    I really don't have much to rag on for Far Cry III. This game has it all. Here's some of Far Cry III's biggest strengths:
    -Top quality voice acting & character animations
    -High quality story -Great combat (if you use it right. You can either just go in guns blazing or try for more stealth-based combat. I opt for the latter which has made my gameplaying experience SO much better!) -The
    -Top quality voice acting & character animations
    -High quality story
    -The best villain I've ever played against: Vaas.
    -An open, lush environment
    -A pretty cool RPG-esque level up system.

Now, you may have heard this game is Skyrim with guns. As awesome as the game is, it'd be a lie to say that it's anything like the Elder Scrolls. NPC interaction is pretty limited, sidequests are really basic and you don't level up in nearly as much detail as Skyrim. That being said, I still loved the game. Buy it now!
  29. Nov 9, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a perfect game, superbly balanced and lush with mission variations that prolong the beautiful adventure. If you truly give in to the game's insanity, it's the most fun and rewarding experience money can buy
  30. Rem
    Nov 7, 2013
    "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" says Vaas Montenegro, the main antagonist of Far Cry 3. I can surely answer that, Far Cry 3 has gotten me insane, but usually because it's just so damn fun. What Far Cry 3 does isn't entirely original, but boy is it ever so polished. The main surprise in this game is the story. Not only is it leaps and bounds above its predecessors, its"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" says Vaas Montenegro, the main antagonist of Far Cry 3. I can surely answer that, Far Cry 3 has gotten me insane, but usually because it's just so damn fun. What Far Cry 3 does isn't entirely original, but boy is it ever so polished. The main surprise in this game is the story. Not only is it leaps and bounds above its predecessors, its among the best of 2012. The story, while not consistent, is presented very well with cinematic voice acting and graphics. Rook Island is a beautiful place to explore ranging from jungle to ruin. The fun thing is how it all blends into a cohesive experience. However once you finish the game, there isn't much else to do which is Far Cry 3's greatest flaw. Despite so, it remembers that it is a game and it remembers that is a great game. Expand
  31. Sep 20, 2013
    This is easily one of the best 2012 first-person shooters I've played. Exploring a large island while undertaking different missions and activities spells hours of fun. Unlocking weapons, getting upgrades, expanding territory and exploring the island leads to a lot of replayability. It's no slouch in the graphics department. While it's not the best-looking game on the 360, it's prettyThis is easily one of the best 2012 first-person shooters I've played. Exploring a large island while undertaking different missions and activities spells hours of fun. Unlocking weapons, getting upgrades, expanding territory and exploring the island leads to a lot of replayability. It's no slouch in the graphics department. While it's not the best-looking game on the 360, it's pretty close. The only downsides are the multiplayer and co-op, both of which aren't very spectacular (and don't justify an extra $10 if you buy the game used). Regardless, this is an amazing game that first-person shooter fans of every stripe should try. Collapse

1. Apr 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 reaches for greatness, but falls short at merely being really fun. It has a few hiccups here and there and the story is very thin, but the exploration and combat really shine. It's a worthy addition to any collection.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Almost everything about Far Cry 3 speaks to the game’s skilled, confident and tightly interwoven design, and players are free to seek their specific flavour of gratification and victory as Jason becomes the most dangerous animal on the island.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    The freeform combat, gorgeous locations, and excellent multiplayer are strong, and Far Cry 3 does a fantastic job of putting the player in the middle of a lawless, chaotic world and letting them get up to whatever they please. Yes, video games are capable of achieving much more than Far Cry 3 does, but it makes a persuasive argument that there's nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure now and again—especially when it's as slickly presented as this is.