8.6

1. Feb 15, 2013
    This game is going to have to be a favorite for me. The graphics are beautiful, good story, and there is just so much to do. So many side missions to play and unlock. Over 30 animals to hunt! This game deserves a 10 but I rated 9 because there could've been a little more to it. The multiplayer is kinda worthless and not worth paying 10 bucks to play (Yes you have to pay for multiplayerThis game is going to have to be a favorite for me. The graphics are beautiful, good story, and there is just so much to do. So many side missions to play and unlock. Over 30 animals to hunt! This game deserves a 10 but I rated 9 because there could've been a little more to it. The multiplayer is kinda worthless and not worth paying 10 bucks to play (Yes you have to pay for multiplayer after you payed for the game...) So don't get it used! If I had know the multiplayer was terrible i wouldn't of gotten it. People are barely ever on and it takes forever to get into a game. The CO-OP is ok but could've been better. But other than that this game surely is amazing! Expand
  2. Feb 21, 2013
    Nice graphics, imaginative story, good gameplay, open world.
    Unfortunately, it is difficult in many parts of the game. For example, to be shooting at the enemy, and they are coming from the three, and even a man must also be protected. I found there forever. But really, it's a very good game.
  3. bwp
    Feb 20, 2013
    I really, really liked this towards the beginning of the game but now that I'm almost finished can say it is more than a bit overrated. The first thing I thought when I started playing is that the graphics are not as good or detailed as Far Cry 2 (and the foliage and environment does not respond to your character's movements the way it does in FC2), which is odd since that game is 4 yearsI really, really liked this towards the beginning of the game but now that I'm almost finished can say it is more than a bit overrated. The first thing I thought when I started playing is that the graphics are not as good or detailed as Far Cry 2 (and the foliage and environment does not respond to your character's movements the way it does in FC2), which is odd since that game is 4 years older than this one. It is too contrasty and has a fake sheen to it, numerous framerate and draw glitches, and could generally use a lot more polish. However, the world is incredibly well designed and fun to traverse, and the way they laid it out is a big improvement over FC2. Unfortunately, the ENTIRE game looks and feels the same there is very little variation in look and feel across the (undeniably huge) gamespace which adds a sense of dullness to exploring new areas since anything new looks like everything you've already seen (and there is little to no variation in weather, and when it becomes night it only lasts 5 minutes before becoming daylight!). So much of the continuing appeal of a game is about exploring the environment and maintaining a feeling of 'newness' as you progress through a game, and visually this game is simply too static.

The missions are a lot of fun at first, but I started to realize they too were very repetitive and there was very little variation (especially towards the end, when it becomes only shooting, whereas the first part has much more exploring and 'adventuring'). I'm picky about FPS games I tend to like games where you have a large area to spread out and strategize a plan of attack. With pretty much every fight here you are trapped in very confining spaces and just bombarded by enemies, which in addition to being dull is also frustrating. The story is OK at best; the characters, with one or two exceptions, are also fairly dull and one-dimensional, the voice of the 'hero' is wimpy and meek even towards the end of the game (when he has supposedly become a fearless warrior!) The interface is pretty easy, but the game bombards you with so much information about gameplay in the very beginning that it makes it seem much more confusing and complicated than it actually is, which is just bad design. Speaking of design, the look of the text and visual design of the menu screens is straight out of 1995 it's not terrible, just very dated. This could have been a great game had they injected more variety into the mission layouts and visual design of the island Unfortunately, by about halfway through I know exactly what to expect from the rest of the game, and indeed that is exactly what I got.
  4. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An overall outstanding open world game. Everything seems to work well: The FPS mechanics are solid, the stealth mechanics work surprisingly well, the soundtrack is top-notch, and the graphics are great. The only thing I'm not fond of is the main villain. I loved Vaas, however his boss isn't as interesting as he is. He's just your average jerk drug dealer kinda guy.

Overall, an excellent game.
  5. Feb 24, 2013
    OUt of every shooter i have every played, none have drawn me in and made me feel for the charactors and the world so much then Far Cry 3. This game is Excellent. The world is beautiful, the voice acting is stellar and the story is fantastic. Jason brody isnt really the most Pleasant protagonist to play as you could say. He is pretty whiney and says things sometimes that bother you. butOUt of every shooter i have every played, none have drawn me in and made me feel for the charactors and the world so much then Far Cry 3. This game is Excellent. The world is beautiful, the voice acting is stellar and the story is fantastic. Jason brody isnt really the most Pleasant protagonist to play as you could say. He is pretty whiney and says things sometimes that bother you. but thats generally only towards the beginning. you really feel for the people in this story and it only gets better and better. I spent (and still spend) most of my time in this game just running around with my recurve bow hunting animals and sniping bandits. This game is huge. Climing up the radiotowers like altier and ezio and synching the world to find optional quests is very entertaining.

The only downside of this game is the multiplayer. The coop is fun but only for a little while. And its made to be played with 4 people. if you play with 2 you will die, alot. i promise. the competitive multi player is general. and i diddnt relaly find it that fun. the map editrior is awesome! but i wish they had gone to more of a forge mode letting you play with more people and mix ideas. but all in all. BUY far cry 3. its incredible and you will waste your life playing it.
  6. Feb 25, 2013
    Excellent game The game Far Cry 2 should 've been.
    Excellent game The game Far Cry 2 should 've been.
    It takes the best elements from Red Dead Redemption, GTA and Far Cry and melds them together into a wonderfully enjoyable romp through the Jungles, roads and seas. Plenty of bad guys, animals and missions to keep you interested. Also the combat is very good, they must 've sacked the guys from Far Cry 2 and employed some competent programmers Well done!
  7. Feb 26, 2013
    Huge beautiful open world with a ton of places to explore but after you explore the thing you need and hunt what you need you will find little reason to go back to side missions. Playing as Jason Brody is a drag. Short easy 1000 Gamerscore for this game with a ton of fun parts though. Have to recommend this game.
  8. Mar 13, 2013
    Overall, its a great FPS, but it does have some flaws. First, the characters is lacking in any personality whatsoever, with the exception of Vaas. Second the driving is very hit or miss, but usually I think its very pointless, like the horses in Skyrim. I mean you can fast travel, and I prefer walking. Its more of an experience. And finally, the thing that really bothers me is whether itOverall, its a great FPS, but it does have some flaws. First, the characters is lacking in any personality whatsoever, with the exception of Vaas. Second the driving is very hit or miss, but usually I think its very pointless, like the horses in Skyrim. I mean you can fast travel, and I prefer walking. Its more of an experience. And finally, the thing that really bothers me is whether it was being a serious or humorous game, or both; and if they're trying to do both they don't pull it off well, like in Majora's Mask and Portal 2. With that said though, it's still a great game. The upgrade system is simple to use, there's a lot to do, and its very addicting. Its not the best game of 2012, but it's still a worthy purchase. Expand
  9. Mar 15, 2013
    An amazing game with a great story and awesome graphics! This was the first Far Cry game I have played and I wasn't sure how fun it would be when I got it. After a few hours I couldn't stop playing. It was so fun! I especially love the large map that you can explore and have hours of fun on. And if you don't feel like playing the main story, you can play side quests and take over outposts.An amazing game with a great story and awesome graphics! This was the first Far Cry game I have played and I wasn't sure how fun it would be when I got it. After a few hours I couldn't stop playing. It was so fun! I especially love the large map that you can explore and have hours of fun on. And if you don't feel like playing the main story, you can play side quests and take over outposts. This game can provide hours of fun. I would definitely recommend this game to a friend. Expand
  10. Mar 19, 2013
    I'm not the kind of gamer who can play at 10-15 hour game and keep interested. Far Cry 3 proved me wrong. The story was interesting and I really felt like the main character. I usually stick to main story quests to finish the game quick but I quickly found myself exploring the island, hunting, and doing optional quests. Overall, a beautiful game and engaging story. Must buy!
  11. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I start this out, I have to say: Vaas is a mother******* badass! He is the most menacing and psychopathic villain I've ever come across, he's deranged and creepy, yet still unpredictable because of his calm attitude. But then.... BAM! He backlashes while Jason Brody is soiling himself. He is so good and so developed that you'll wish he was in more of the game. It was a total disappointment when I had to kill him half-way through the game and we encounter the other villain: Hoyt, who I totally forgot about and is not as memorable as Vaas. There are also genuine moments in this game where I was like "OMG! I did not expect that to happen!" It's also interesting with all the subtle details of the story: The character's bickering over how they're going to get off the island and then Jason's build-up as a character when he gradually starts to like killing people. He even begins to enjoy this so much that instead of leaving with the others, he chooses to stay on the island just to kill Hoyt. A testament to how motivated he has become. Despite all this I didn't know what to make of the ending option where you kill your friends and have sex with Citra. What's the point of that? You already had sex with her earlier in the game anyway. I'd rather he escaped off the island with his friends. Both options leave hardly anything of an impact on me.

The gameplay is diversified, allowing you to select your own options of whether you want to go in stealthily or guns-blazing. This adds variety to the game and allows you to play how you want to play. Vehicles have this free-flowing feel to them, while also reacting to uneven terrain which gives them a realistic feel. The whole island is vibrant and enriched with detail, it is interesting to explore, especially with the gliders and air-wings at your disposal. Wildlife further solidifies it as a living, breathing island and they're not too many of them so they never become an annoyance. Skinning animals to sell in shops in exchange for resources like superior guns and equipment is well worth doing, especially when going on a rampage. You earn experience points by doing side-missions, getting collectables, outposts, main missions etc. These help upgrade your skills and there are some pretty unique things to unlock here. The side missions are fun aswell, some keeping with the theme of massacring everybody that's near you, traversing the island in an efficient time by vehicle, stealth takedowns, helping random strangers out. The last is clearly the worst as I had no reason to care about the inexplicable dilemmas they got themselves into, whereas the rest focused on what the game was about and I loved it for that. The mini-games are a fun diversion but they could of implemented them better. Poker was just mediocre. See "Red Dead Redemption" to know how to make a real poker mini-game.

The co-op is nothing special as it just feels like a severely watered-down version of singleplayer. Needless to say, I didn't care for it much. The multiplayer is nothing note-worthy either, it's essentially a COD clone but atleast it's functional which is more than I can say for a lot of other games. The Collectables have detail surrounding them, from what the guy who wrote it was doing in a past life or what it is about. It adds more depth to them but they're still not all that interesting and a chore to collect, I may add. Last final gripe I have is with the over-usage of quick-time events for boss battles. It's extremely lazy, they already a cool concept with the all drugs thing but it wasn't really expanded that much and they missed a massive opportunity for some incredibly creative battles. Overall, Far Cry 3 despite its flaws is an unforgettable experience and should not be overlooked.
  12. Jul 6, 2013
    One of the best open-world games ever made. A truly epic sandbox a great dynamic environment some of the best voice acting and some truly memorable characters deep customisation great graphics the gameplay is top-notch and feels great and the missions all have different events unlike GTA the controls are excellent too a must have
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game that grips you with its gameplay, but the story is lacking focus on what should be needed in a game like this, when you have a character like Vaas, focus on him. Jason is just a Boy Scout who doesn't have anything interesting, other than almost slitting his girlfriend's throat (Depending on Ending) I just hope that if there is a 4, bring back the ghost of Vaas xD Expand
  14. Mar 26, 2013
    Great first person shooter mixed with open world environment. It does get a little repetitive, but there are many different tasks, side missions, etc to follow along with the main story line to keep you entertained. The story line alone was enough for to keep me going.
  15. Jul 18, 2013
    Truth be told, I rate this game an 8.5. It isn't in the class of Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2, but its definitely in the next tier. The game uses the exact system as Assassin's Creed and the similarities are too close sometimes; however this game is a much better fleshed out version, with less swinging around and far more sandbox gameplay. The only serious flaw this game has is theTruth be told, I rate this game an 8.5. It isn't in the class of Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2, but its definitely in the next tier. The game uses the exact system as Assassin's Creed and the similarities are too close sometimes; however this game is a much better fleshed out version, with less swinging around and far more sandbox gameplay. The only serious flaw this game has is the load times a fairly lengthy....and if you aren't familiar with open world games, a lot of the play is repititive.....but clocking in at over 100 hours so far I ain't complaining.

Open World 9
    Story 7
    Gameplay 8
    Length the whole 10; main story 6
    Fun 10
  16. Apr 12, 2013
    A great game, The campaign is long enough, and interesting. The multiplayer is not so great, but it doesn't ruin the great singleplayer experience. Most of the sidemissions are not too great but it doesn't matter. On the xbox360 the graphix are kinda good, but at the same time really rough on the edges. But the good gameplay and the good story and the great open world make this game a mustA great game, The campaign is long enough, and interesting. The multiplayer is not so great, but it doesn't ruin the great singleplayer experience. Most of the sidemissions are not too great but it doesn't matter. On the xbox360 the graphix are kinda good, but at the same time really rough on the edges. But the good gameplay and the good story and the great open world make this game a must buy for FPS fans. Expand
  17. May 9, 2013
    Fantastic game, absolutely loving it without a doubt. I'll be honest, when I heard about it initially, I wasn't too keen on getting it due to Far Cry 2 being so terrible and frustrating. However, I did decide to rent the game and upon playing it for quite some time, I felt like an idiot for not buying it sooner.

I'm going to take a dig at a few people writing reviews complaining about

I'm going to take a dig at a few people writing reviews complaining about the graphics for a start, people have stated that "for a 2012 game it's graphically terrible". What? Graphically, I think the game does pretty well, if you want to see terrible graphics? Head on over to whatever game shop you like and buy The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. Now THAT game is beyond awful when it comes to graphics.

Anyway, Far Cry 3 A very sound storyline. Not a lot of games have well scripted voiced storylines nowadays but this game does it pretty well. It's interesting too, and the villian is pretty awesome. Hunting, now that is something that I like. Love the feel of being in the wilderness with a bow, picking off animals and then skinning them to help me craft materials that benefit my gameplay. There are a good amount of things to do, meh they can be repetitive but what game isn't nowadays? Customization is decent, the scenery is nice to look at and the game has quite a lot to offer especially for an FPS.

I'd recommend this game to all of my friends, and especially people I don't know. Buy it, rent it You'll enjoy it.
  18. Apr 18, 2013
    A good fun to play first person shooter here with RPG elements. Unfortunately let down by a lacklustre story which feels disjointed that had a lot of potential.
    Great graphics and some good voice acting with one of the best bad guys in recent games. "Vaas" command the screen when he is on it and is great fun to watch. The same can't be said for the rest of the cast and even the main character who it's is really hard to connect with yet care about.
    There is a lot of fun to be had here but you will find yourself getting bored by the repetitive missions. Capturing the same looking base go the tenth time or climbing some annoying radio tower is just a few examples.
    Well worth a try. But certainly not due the high praise credited by a lot of critics.
  19. Rem
    Nov 7, 2013
    "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" says Vaas Montenegro, the main antagonist of Far Cry 3. I can surely answer that, Far Cry 3 has gotten me insane, but usually because it's just so damn fun. What Far Cry 3 does isn't entirely original, but boy is it ever so polished. The main surprise in this game is the story. Not only is it leaps and bounds above its predecessors, its"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" says Vaas Montenegro, the main antagonist of Far Cry 3. I can surely answer that, Far Cry 3 has gotten me insane, but usually because it's just so damn fun. What Far Cry 3 does isn't entirely original, but boy is it ever so polished. The main surprise in this game is the story. Not only is it leaps and bounds above its predecessors, its among the best of 2012. The story, while not consistent, is presented very well with cinematic voice acting and graphics. Rook Island is a beautiful place to explore ranging from jungle to ruin. The fun thing is how it all blends into a cohesive experience. However once you finish the game, there isn't much else to do which is Far Cry 3's greatest flaw. Despite so, it remembers that it is a game and it remembers that is a great game. Expand
  20. Apr 23, 2013
    Mother of God this is a fantastic game. Mechanically, it is the best FPS I've ever played. Short of a few story missions that require you to use a direct assault method, the game is as tactical as you want it to be. A lot is made of good IA or bad IA or clever IA, but I'd say this game has the most fun IA I've ever experienced. The games rules work, consistently, all the time. This seemsMother of God this is a fantastic game. Mechanically, it is the best FPS I've ever played. Short of a few story missions that require you to use a direct assault method, the game is as tactical as you want it to be. A lot is made of good IA or bad IA or clever IA, but I'd say this game has the most fun IA I've ever experienced. The games rules work, consistently, all the time. This seems like it should be easy, but almost all other games fail. What I mean in this case is that you can accurately predict the outcome of your tactics and attempts to manipulate the IA and it is incredibly rewarding. If you are 500 yards away from an enemy base with a sniper rifle, you can wreck havok on them. If you are properly concealed by forest or bushes, they will not be able to spot you. I'd say the best comparison I can make for this game is Crysis 1 Just Cause 2, but better. There are a million things to do and all of them feed into XP or equipment, so everything is both fun and rewarding. The gun play, on top of fun IA and stealth options, is spot on as well. I'd give the PC version a 10 and the console version a 9, just because of the framerate (which is poor, but playable). Really, truly the best shooter of this generation. I can't decide if it beats Half-Life 2, since that is a bit of apples vs oranges. Expand
  21. Apr 24, 2013
    Farcry 3 is a amazing experience and probably one of best games of 2012. The story of Farcry 3 is amazing and Jason main protagonist grows as he is on the island. While the real star of the game is probably Vaas who is one of the main villians the game. The voice acting and the way he acts in the game really makes the player want to kill him. Furthermore, the gameplay of Farcry 3 is alsoFarcry 3 is a amazing experience and probably one of best games of 2012. The story of Farcry 3 is amazing and Jason main protagonist grows as he is on the island. While the real star of the game is probably Vaas who is one of the main villians the game. The voice acting and the way he acts in the game really makes the player want to kill him. Furthermore, the gameplay of Farcry 3 is also amazing with a variety of ways a player can complete the game. You can complete the game stealthy or run and gun throughout the game. In addition, there are many weapons that a player can choose from which can help you be stealthy or help you mow down you enemies. Also the what makes this game different from other games is that you can also hunt animals. There are also many skills that a players changes the pace based on what players choose. Hunting animals actually have a impact on the game and you can create different things from materials found from animals. Even after you complete the game there are many things such as side quests to finish. Another addition the developers added was mulitplayer which wasn't even necessary but a welcome addition. Overall, the game is great with additional content the will make the game last. Expand
  22. May 14, 2013
    The best game of 2012, yeah just like that, the question is why the hell it wasn't even a contender ta VGA's, probably because vga is full of crap! PS Just what the did to Deus Ex Human Revolution
  23. Apr 27, 2013
    I'm not going to lie, I love Far Cry 3. Everything in the single player is perfect. I didn't want to stop playing it! It took over 20 hours for me to complete everything in it. And you know what, it was well worth it. Hell, this game was so good, I would have payed extra for it. Yet that was just the single player. The game falls apart when it comes to co-op and multiplayer. I won't evenI'm not going to lie, I love Far Cry 3. Everything in the single player is perfect. I didn't want to stop playing it! It took over 20 hours for me to complete everything in it. And you know what, it was well worth it. Hell, this game was so good, I would have payed extra for it. Yet that was just the single player. The game falls apart when it comes to co-op and multiplayer. I won't even mention how awful they are. But, the good parts about the game heavily out weigh the bad parts. This game is a definite buy. I might even buy it for PS3 and PC, even though I already have the game on Xbox! Expand
  24. Apr 27, 2013
    This is by far one of the greatest games I have played in my past years. It has everything you could want from animals and plants you use the resources of to survive to a great storyline and its open world so you can continue playing the game even after you have completed the main story.
  25. Apr 29, 2013
    When I first looked at this game,I thought it would be decent.But after really fun combat,Great story and lots of exploring,it was way better than I expected.
  26. May 1, 2013
    I really think this is worth your money. I got it because it looked crazy, and weird (which it is) and I got more than I expected. The story is amazing, and has the best bad guy of all time. I even felt bad when he dies. After finishing the main campaign I captured every enemy camp, and did almost every side quest. I thought I would have restarted, but I feel like one play through isI really think this is worth your money. I got it because it looked crazy, and weird (which it is) and I got more than I expected. The story is amazing, and has the best bad guy of all time. I even felt bad when he dies. After finishing the main campaign I captured every enemy camp, and did almost every side quest. I thought I would have restarted, but I feel like one play through is enough. That is the only reason I'm giving it an 8 out of 10. I feel like this kind of game should have good quests and a and missions that will last as long as Skyrim did. All of the good missions end after about the 23 hour mark. Still is amazing though, and definitely worth your time. Expand
  27. Jul 4, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the shooter 95% of FPS fans want. Why? Adrenaline.
    Set in two tropical islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, the player plays as Jason, an unfortunate young man who’s had the bad luck to go on a vacation with a group of friends to an island infested with drug/human traffickers. What transpires from there is for the player to find out. And oh, is it a hell of a trip.
    Far Cry 3 is the shooter 95% of FPS fans want. Why? Adrenaline.
    Far Cry 3 is an open world first person shooter; this isn’t a game like call of duty, where the player is expected to walk from point A to B without the freedom to choose how, but a game where the player is given complete freedom over how they want to progress. If thorough, halfway through the game the player will find him/herself as a complete badass without feeling too overpowered. The game does an excellent job providing a leveling system that is neat and well rewarding. It’s fun to see what new skills can be unlocked with every new level achieved through experience points, and ultimately putting them to the test.
    Gameplay shines in Far Cry 3. Throughout the game, the player unlocks and has several skills to take advantage either in the environment or during combat. It is ever so fun to sneak behind an enemy, impale him, quickly getting his knife with the other hand, and throwing it to the closest enemy AI, all silently. Guns are varied and so are customizations. Depending on the style of the player, one could either go loud or be a tactical stealthy assassin. The latter proves to be super fun as it provides such a level of adrenaline that is rarely present in a lot of games within the same genre. True, one can feel as a predator, but the enemy AI is smart; they will react to loud noises, sound alarms, and be aggressive. So the hunter will feel hunted as well during missions. Animals also roam around the islands and nearby waters, providing ingredients that can be key to the player’s progress. If the player wants to carry more guns, they will have to hunt down certain animals to build a larger bag. Vehicles are common, and it’s fun to drive them around. Soundtrack is fun, reaching such heights during certain segments of the game that make some missions feel so fun and exciting. A very convenient fast travel system is also present in the game for those who don’t want to spend too much time walking around from mission to mission.
    Far Cry 3’s campaign is for the most part very good. It can become a little dull during the last fourth of the game, but never enough to lose the immersive feeling. Overall it is a fantastic story full of exciting, very well acted characters that only pull the player further into the story. Ending can be a bit cliché, but it’s nothing that breaks the experience. It’s still satisfactory.
    Visuals are outstanding. The jungle environment, mountains, hills, lakes and oceans are beautifully portrayed. It truly feels like one is out in the jungle.
    Far Cry 3 is a satisfactory, thrilling, adrenaline-filled video game that makes the player feel like a badass. There is no shortage of action and adventure.
  28. May 4, 2013
    Ubisoft certainly took on board many complaints from Far Cry 2 when making this sequel. The only problem is that they listened to the wrong people.

Far Cry 3 is a FPS that tried to please all the casual gamers who complained about the difficulty and seriousness of it's outstanding predecessor Far Cry 2. And as a result it has traded it's amazing visuals in for larger and fuller World size and the serious and mature survivor attitude for pure, far-fetched and mindless fun.

You play as Jason Brody, a privileged, middle-child brat from L.A who is kidnapped along with his brothers and friends while travelling around Asia. You manage to escape with your older brother (who would have made a much more believable main character) and begin a search for the rest of your party. Along the way your blind luck gets you inducted into a local tribe (all of whom somehow have New Zealand accents) and you're taught the 'way of the warrior' which basically means your arm gets tattooed and all of a sudden you are a battle hardened killing machine who can clear heavily armed, militia infested camps with ease all by yourself.

You are then turned loose to explore and hunt various herbivorous and carnivorous wildlife to craft carry bags and avoiding or killing psychopathic, smuggling humans freely in any part of the expansive islands using Tenchu-like stealth kills (which I must admit was an excellent addition) or all out Rambo heroics.

Sounds like a dream come true right? However you do this in repetitive and texture-less 'jungles' which are actually quite sparse of foliage and resemble NOTHING of the first screen shots and footage we were shown of the game.
    There are also many technical bugs like waterways that do not register as such, floating plants, holes in the map, poorly recorded NPC voices and more screen tearing issues than anything you've likely seen before in any game ever. (A simple slow-pan of the main friendly village shows what a stuttery mess of a game it is).

Oh and did I mention you keep dislocating your thumb? Even if you get shot in the face?

BUT if the issues I mentioned do not bother you in the slightest then Far Cry 3 is an effective and fun Open World hunting game laced with a far fetched story of rescue and revenge and sporting a very memorable villain by the name of Vaas.
    Fans of Far Cry 2 will be disappointed though.
  29. May 15, 2013
    Short answer: This is a fun game, and will become more fun as more people buy it and begin to play online.

Long Answer: There are a few negatives. The biggest thing is they tried to copy COD (understandable) in a few areas, such as the dogs jumping on you and etc. IMO, I came to this game to get away from COD. You can still knife people through gunfire in this game which is a big reason people get angry at the other shooters. Another downside is the lack of multiplayer games and game-types; it is easy to get bored with the small maps and even smaller teams. The killcam is excessive and horrible, and the final cutscenes when you lose a map make you want to rage-quit (it's bad enough that new players have to try and level up against people who have all unlocks). Finally, the damage is so unrealistic, and this is coming from someone who plays COD and BF. STK in this game is excessively high.
  30. May 15, 2013
    Far cry 3 is a really good game not great but good. There is a ton of stuff to do in side missions and exploration. The main story itself starts off really slow in my opinion but picks up and becomes enjoyable. However after what seems to be the end of the game turns into a convoluted grasping at staws how to we end this story. All that being said Far cry 3 is a fun game and it gives you aFar cry 3 is a really good game not great but good. There is a ton of stuff to do in side missions and exploration. The main story itself starts off really slow in my opinion but picks up and becomes enjoyable. However after what seems to be the end of the game turns into a convoluted grasping at staws how to we end this story. All that being said Far cry 3 is a fun game and it gives you a lot to do. Just do not expect a satisfying resolution to the end game. Expand

1. Apr 8, 2013
    Far Cry 3 reaches for greatness, but falls short at merely being really fun. It has a few hiccups here and there and the story is very thin, but the exploration and combat really shine. It's a worthy addition to any collection.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Almost everything about Far Cry 3 speaks to the game’s skilled, confident and tightly interwoven design, and players are free to seek their specific flavour of gratification and victory as Jason becomes the most dangerous animal on the island.
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    The freeform combat, gorgeous locations, and excellent multiplayer are strong, and Far Cry 3 does a fantastic job of putting the player in the middle of a lawless, chaotic world and letting them get up to whatever they please. Yes, video games are capable of achieving much more than Far Cry 3 does, but it makes a persuasive argument that there's nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure now and again—especially when it's as slickly presented as this is.