• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 28, 2006
6.2

1. MorganS.
    Apr 14, 2006
    very good in fact the credit should go to the map editor it was amazing.
  2. MikeS.
    Dec 3, 2006
    This game is lackluster to say the least. The graphics are terrible and the A.I. is borderline retarded. The controls are extremelly clunky. If you thought the P.C. version was good and that's your reasoning for getting this game, you will be sorely dissapointed. The P.C. version vs. this xbox360 port is basically no contest. The P.C. version almost seems like it was done by a This game is lackluster to say the least. The graphics are terrible and the A.I. is borderline retarded. The controls are extremelly clunky. If you thought the P.C. version was good and that's your reasoning for getting this game, you will be sorely dissapointed. The P.C. version vs. this xbox360 port is basically no contest. The P.C. version almost seems like it was done by a completely different developer all together. Expand
  3. TimB.
    Dec 13, 2007
    There is much to like about this game, but it's all smashed to giblets by the things it does wrong. The good things include a fun storyline, attractive (if sub par for next-gen) graphics, and cool animalistic powers. Now, the bad. I got my X360 about a year ago. This game was the first I bought. I have yet to finish it, because each time I've tried to play through, I've There is much to like about this game, but it's all smashed to giblets by the things it does wrong. The good things include a fun storyline, attractive (if sub par for next-gen) graphics, and cool animalistic powers. Now, the bad. I got my X360 about a year ago. This game was the first I bought. I have yet to finish it, because each time I've tried to play through, I've been utterly frustrated in short order and inspired to pick up something else. Since I began Far Cry, I have completed Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3 (all several times, on normal and hard difficulties), Dark Watch, Gun, BioShock, Red Dead Revolver, Viva Pinata, Overlord, God of War, God of War 2, The Simpsons Game, Crackdown, Prey, Dead or Alive 2, 3, and 4, Guild Wars, Half Life 2 (my second time, on hard), Conan, Kameo, James Bond Nightfire, Tomb Raider Legend, and a fair amount of World of Warcraft. My latest attempt at Far Cry just ended, and is likely my last. I'm playing at normal difficulty (Hunter), but the game is too hard for several reasons: First, there is no quick save feature and the game relies on automatic save points. That in itself isn't bad (the Halos use auto-saves to good effect, for example), but in Far Cry the saves are too far apart, and there's no way of predicting where the next one will be. So if you play a while, but need to stop soon, odds are you'll need to quit before hitting the next save, and may well lose all you've accomplished in that session. Also, all too frequently, I've spent a good deal of time getting through a treacherous area, only to have a moment of bad luck which kills me and puts me right back where I started, at the last save. I've lost up to a couple hours progress to this nonsense at times. Next, the clunky controls all by themselves can create those moments of bad luck. Maybe you accidentally throw a grenade when trying to hold your breath for a tricky sniper shot. Maybe you inadvertently leap to your feet from a stealthy crawl, in plain site of the enemy, simply because you brushed up against a weird angle in the ground. Maybe you tried to use one of the various vehicles in the game, which have the sloppiest freaking controls I've ever used for vehicles in a game, and which are usually a sure ride to your death. As noted by many reviews, the AI is unpredictable, often stupid and not very aware, but sometimes eagle-eyed and more aware of their surroundings than is humanly possible. You're left with no true sense of what you can and can't do in approaching and dealing with the enemies, or what tactics will be effective. Worst of all, the game CHEATS. You're presented with an illusion of choice in where you go and how you approach challenges, but in fact you're very obviously herded along on rails, straight into forced confrontations in which you are funneled by the landscape into inescapable fights with the enemy. Sure, we're all used to that, and even the best of games often play that way. But in this game, you're in a jungle, on a large island, and to be stealing along through the leafy wood only to suddenly find that there's a wall of leaves to one side that looks no different than the growth you've been moving through, mirrored by a similar leafy wall a short distance to the other side, is really destructive to immersion, becoming bluntly frustrating as both invisible walls grow closer and closer, funneling you directly into your enemies. And don't bother scouting out where the enemies are with the binoculars and sniper scope the game gives you, or making cool tactical plans on how to approach these dangerous situations, because you'll just get annoyed when the time and effort turns out to be pointless. This is the kind of game in which you can locate all the mercs in an encampment, kill them all, and then be attacked as you move through the camp by a fresh horde of them springing from absolutely nowhere. It's like looking in a closet as you search a room, finding it empty, then suddenly being attacked by five bad guys who leap out of the closet. It's ridiculous, and it makes your strategies and tactics completely moot and a waste of time. I wish I could play through this game. I'm intrigued by the story, and I want to play more with the feral powers. But, alas, no; life is way too damn short. Far Cry Instincts Predator could have been great, as I understand its PC predecessor to be. But the developers designed it to constantly kill any sense of fun the game might manage to create. Go to a game store and throw a rock in any direction and you'll probably hit a better game. Expand
  4. AamirM.
    May 23, 2006
    its alright graphics arent a show-off but its no use trying to set traps, sneak up and backstab or aiming in for a headshot cuz the enemy has great hearing anyway i wouldent recommed it to a fps fan but maybe a new gamer.
    Mar 29, 2006
    graphical masterpiece, infinite replay value, great map editor... excellent!
  6. ShawnK.
    Mar 31, 2006
    The game is acutally very good.. the few reviews here didnt do it justice.. it far surpassess the xbox version unlike the magazine reviews.. the graphics are great, and i have the new sony sxdr tv running 1080i.. so that makes HUGE diff.. anyhow great game.
  7. DevinK.
    Mar 30, 2006
    With solid multiplayer and an expanded single player mode, Predator is my current top pick for Next Gen FPS.
  8. JasonL
    Apr 1, 2006
    Solid single player experince and excellent multiplayer. The map editor and custom maps give it infinite replayability.
  9. FredD.
    Apr 2, 2006
    there's no question that this is the best game to come out for the 360 since GRAW. ubi is kicking serious ass. check this game out unless you wanna miss out.
  10. SimonH.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Very nice graphics and an enjoyable game. Multiplayer needs work though - has bad lag and voices constantly break up. Sort this out and it will be a 9.
  11. RolfH.
    Apr 2, 2006
    A lackluster port of the xbox version coupled with a tiny add on pack marketed as the 2 games in 1 is ridiculous .Reused textures an player models look slightly better then the xbox version not by much though not much good to say about this game at all. hey! the waters nice looking ... zzz zzz zzz so the continuing disturbing trend of ports keep flowing onto a console thats surpose to beA lackluster port of the xbox version coupled with a tiny add on pack marketed as the 2 games in 1 is ridiculous .Reused textures an player models look slightly better then the xbox version not by much though not much good to say about this game at all. hey! the waters nice looking ... zzz zzz zzz so the continuing disturbing trend of ports keep flowing onto a console thats surpose to be "nextgen" how very disapointing. Expand
  12. FPSMaster
    Apr 2, 2006
    Another last gen port, another last gen game on the 360. Xbox graphics in higher reoslution with Xbox 1 textures, tons of pop-up, toned down graphics online and just overall bad look other than the water. Stupid single player mode that is boring, linear and has the worst A.I. ever.Controls are still clunky with sub menues for weapons and a bad melee button that can not be aimed so you Another last gen port, another last gen game on the 360. Xbox graphics in higher reoslution with Xbox 1 textures, tons of pop-up, toned down graphics online and just overall bad look other than the water. Stupid single player mode that is boring, linear and has the worst A.I. ever.Controls are still clunky with sub menues for weapons and a bad melee button that can not be aimed so you look at the ground when using it while the enemy runs behind you and shoots you, and the hit detection is still nonexistent. You can unload on enemies for 30 seconds and not know if you're hitting them until they're dead. Online is garbage just like the last one, with tons of the age-old Ubisoft menues to wade through and the lag is unbearable. It's not normal lag like COD2, but a different kind of lag that only Farcry has which I call the "Farcry lag syndrome" which is worse than the game crashing. It causes you and your enemies to see each other in one place when you are both really somewhere else making each other see the other person shooting at where you used to be and still getting a kill. Or you can throw a grenade or fire a rocket with no explosion or no rocket even leaving the rocket launcher and 2 minutes later you're doing nothing and it tells you that you finally killed the other person with the grenade or the rocket. A worhtless port that everyone that has played COD2 or even Halo 2 will take back within the first or second day if they treasure good online play and don;t want to play crap gams with AAA names. Expand
  13. JellyB.
    Apr 3, 2006
    A rockin' good time is what you'll get with Predator. 2 games in one package (the original Instincts and the new game) and both are amazing and fun. Even if you've played the original Instincts (like me), it's worth playing again to see the graphical overhaul Ubisoft gave it for the 360. I can't wait to get home from work to play some more!
  14. BruinsFan
    May 13, 2006
    Basically this is a port of the reg Xbox version with added content and the best water graphics ever to hit a console. Is that enough reason to buy it though? No, the multiplayer however is! With the detailed map editor (which is like a fun game in itself) that can be so fun when you and your buddies can swap maps and spend endless hours on user created map, some good, many just plain Basically this is a port of the reg Xbox version with added content and the best water graphics ever to hit a console. Is that enough reason to buy it though? No, the multiplayer however is! With the detailed map editor (which is like a fun game in itself) that can be so fun when you and your buddies can swap maps and spend endless hours on user created map, some good, many just plain stupid. Player models are sub par for Nex-Gen, controlls are touchy, lag can be an issue. But once you get in that fun room with no lag and an endless supply of maps....the fun never stops. A must buy for online mulitpplayer fans. Expand
  15. J.G.
    May 10, 2006
    It was a good game overall. The missions are O.K and the multiplayer is good, but a little laggy. One of the best things this game has to offer is the Map Editor.
  16. BillM.
    Apr 2, 2006
    I'm pretty impressed with the graphics. I thought they couldn't get much better, but they did. Pretty amazing.
  17. MaxG.
    Apr 2, 2006
    You gotta check out this map editor. Some of the sh** you can do here is indescribable. I've been messing with some of the best environments I've ever seen. Revolutionay, y'all.
  18. AlexG.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Damn!! Predator has one of the coolest single-player campaigns I've ever seen. The story continues and gets crazier than hell! I don't wanna give anything away, so just play it and see.
  19. DaveM.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Thanks to the map editor, I can't get any chores done around the house! (Joke.) It's the most in-depth, time consuming, fun as hell experience I've had as a gamer. This game kicks major ass.
  20. VanS.
    Apr 3, 2006
    Check out the map editor! It's truly comprehensive, easy to use (though building a map does take time...but that's no fault of the game, it takes a lot of time for any game) and very satisfying when it all comes together. The single player game is a blast and multiplay is tons of fun. Highly recommended!
  21. RoderickC.
    Apr 3, 2006
    Ubisoft does it again! I'm primarily a single player experience kind of guy. There has been a trend lately where game developers will give you a lame single player game but a great multiplayer one. Ubisoft has been churning out the great single player games lately, and friends of mine who love online play say that these same games are just as great in multiplayer modes. This one is Ubisoft does it again! I'm primarily a single player experience kind of guy. There has been a trend lately where game developers will give you a lame single player game but a great multiplayer one. Ubisoft has been churning out the great single player games lately, and friends of mine who love online play say that these same games are just as great in multiplayer modes. This one is no exception. I'm loving single player and my friends are loving multiplayer. Keep 'em coming Ubisoft! Expand
  22. VeraP.
    Apr 3, 2006
    I am overjoyed with this new release from Ubisoft. There goes my social life again. This is way killer and I'll be absorbed and lost to the world for a long time after I've played through the single player game. Once I tried the map editor I could tell right away that I'll be spending way too much time with it once I've finished single player.
  23. MattN.>
    Apr 11, 2007
    While this is my favourite title ever on PC and I was assuming it would be of a lower quality on any console other than PC. Even I was amazed by how bad this was, graphically it's okay but it's the massive reduction in enemy AI that really disappoints. Also the sound and feel of the weapons is extremely poor, this was really highlighted by having just finished Rainbow Six-Vegas. While this is my favourite title ever on PC and I was assuming it would be of a lower quality on any console other than PC. Even I was amazed by how bad this was, graphically it's okay but it's the massive reduction in enemy AI that really disappoints. Also the sound and feel of the weapons is extremely poor, this was really highlighted by having just finished Rainbow Six-Vegas. Which was everything I expecting this version to be in terms of the fire fights. I gave it 0 because after all this time and technology they've managed to make every aspect of the game not just less (which I could have lived with) but actually suck. Even the pacing of the game seems to be off reducing the tension tremendously. If you liked this on the 360 try it on a top end PC it'll blow your mind. Sad effort. Expand
  24. NicholasS.
    Mar 31, 2006
    Very good game. I missed out on the xbox version. The graphics in this version are right on par with the pc. Although you cant explore as much. Very smooth framerate. Runs without a hitch.
  25. WalterR.
    Apr 21, 2006
    Where do I begin with this game? No seriously, where do I begin with this game. I enthusiastically bought the game after having played the demo of the original on the PC thinking how good it will be on the 360. One minute into the game and I'm stuck in total darkness unable to see where to go next. Then I stumbled through a supposed door and got stuck again. All the while a message Where do I begin with this game? No seriously, where do I begin with this game. I enthusiastically bought the game after having played the demo of the original on the PC thinking how good it will be on the 360. One minute into the game and I'm stuck in total darkness unable to see where to go next. Then I stumbled through a supposed door and got stuck again. All the while a message saying find ladder to climb, but where could it be.?! Five minutes into the game and I frustatingly turn of the console. I doubt I will ever play this game again... here's another $69 (Canadian) well spent. Expand
  26. TimB.
    Dec 12, 2007
  27. Aug 28, 2011
    When you come across an award winning game that is so awesome,well enjoy it all you can.When you get 2 on one disc well your in heaven because both of these games are mind blowing and deserve praise in one way or another.Far Cry 2 is out now and that game is headed for pure perfection but so are these two games.There are only a handful of games that get me excited and this game and Far cryWhen you come across an award winning game that is so awesome,well enjoy it all you can.When you get 2 on one disc well your in heaven because both of these games are mind blowing and deserve praise in one way or another.Far Cry 2 is out now and that game is headed for pure perfection but so are these two games.There are only a handful of games that get me excited and this game and Far cry 2 are among them so you go figure! Expand
  28. Mar 15, 2011
    I am unable (at the time of writing) to post this review of Far Cry Instincts for the Xbox on its own review page. So I am posting this review of Far Cry Instincts (Xbox) on this page considering the Xbox 360 version is pretty much the same. I do not review the sequel, Far Cry Instincts: Evolution. Wonder what it would be like to be like a predator, the violent creature from the 1987 film,I am unable (at the time of writing) to post this review of Far Cry Instincts for the Xbox on its own review page. So I am posting this review of Far Cry Instincts (Xbox) on this page considering the Xbox 360 version is pretty much the same. I do not review the sequel, Far Cry Instincts: Evolution. Wonder what it would be like to be like a predator, the violent creature from the 1987 film, Predator, but in human form? Far Cry Instincts certainly does that but with a little more enthuses on running around, killing mercenaries and not camouflaging yourself, waiting for hours until eventually you make the kill and then realising your dinner has gone cold. Far Cry Instincts is an action packed FPS that places you in the shoes of Jack Carver, a former service of the United States Navy and a team of mercenaries are trying to hunt you down. The graphics are beautiful with lovely looking tropical environments, dense jungles with authentic looking bushes and trees which keep the game from looking boring. The water effects of the tropical waters are astonishing and look almost as good as the actual seas in real life. I do wish there were more daytime levels as the game gets quite dark later on. The game maybe quite linear with only a few open areas to explore for ammo supplies and health pickups but as Jack Carver, you will trek through dense jungles and dark swamps as you hunt and kill mercenaries and later on in the game, mutants. The game play is exciting, enjoyable and sometimes intense as you shoot and drive your way through a variety of levels and obliterate anyone you see with a range of weapons from assault rifles to rocket launchers. Although it's not necessarily to use throughout the game, (unlike say, the Metal Gear Solid series) this game does incorporate stealth into the game. You can hide underneath a hut, behind a wall or in a dense bush and see your prey walking - and sometimes exchanging conversation with someone else - unaware of your presence. You can take them out silently by stabbing them in the back or shooting them and then hide again. This stealth mechanic is taken further with the inclusion of branch trap - a spiked branch trap that can only be set on a tree - and claymore mines. You can set these traps up (out of sight of the enemy of course) and lure your prey into the traps by throwing rocks on the ground near the trap and because of the sound of the rock hitting the ground, you can lure your prey into the traps you have set. This is really neat idea and it is so satisfying when the unexpected mercenary walks towards a tree and then gets smacked down by one of your spiked branch traps. The enemy A.I is quite intelligent. Mercenaries will try to take you down and not just charge at you. As what seems that you maybe outnumbered in the early stages of the campaign, you gain feral abilities from being injected by serum (beats being infected with malaria huh Far Cry 2?). This serum has given Jack Carver the abilities of a natural predator like increased running speed, night vision, a melee attack that can send someone flying over the moon and the ability to regenerate health and heal his wounds like Wolverine from X-Men. This is where Jack Carver becomes a predator, a force to be reckoned with and even though he's not invincible, Jack seems to have an advantage in terms of strength and agility over his enemies (for now). These feral abilities are amusing to use and can serve you well through the dark, hostile environments. I love that you can run fast and then leap across huge gaps in the landscape and the fact that you can charge at your enemies and send them flying 20 feet into the air with one swipe of your hand. The game does have some enemy variety so you won't just be shooting trained mercenaries. Like I said before, you will be encountering mutants who are basically mad, experiments that look like they are from a horror movie and a huge mutant which looks like a deformed ape with a giant arm. The music is great and intensifies the action especially at a couple parts of the game. It has a certain jungle feel to it. The sound effects are superb. The guns sound that they pack a mean punch and the loud roars of those huge, psycho mutants is so awesome to hear. Jack Carver is nicely voiced. Thank god that the main focus of this game is the single player instead of today's shooters, although this game does have multiplayer. The single player campaign is lengthy and is a thrill from start to finish with very few boring moments where you just walk for a long time waiting for something to happen. Far Cry Instincts is a game that really shows us what the original Xbox can do. I consider this to be a much better game than Far Cry 2 despite being more linear and less open. It's not as boring or annoying than the more technologically advanced game that is Far Cry 2. Far Cry Instincts definitely earns the title of being one of the best FPS games I've played, along with Black and Halo. Expand
  29. Jan 6, 2012
    Not the best game but still pretty damned good. The graphics could be a lot better considering it's on an Xbox 360, it's just a a port of two original Xbox games (There was Instincts, and then insticts evolution). They have updated some of the textures, but the game still looks outdated.

The game is good, but it doesn't feel like I should play it... something stops me from playing it. Also since there is no quicksaving feature, you're going to have to play until you reach the next checkpoint in order to save your game which is annoying.

No one bothers with the multiplayer, so there is no point in even mentioning it. Which means the included Map Maker is of no use. Onto the good now.

For starters the controls are fairly easy to master. The only reason people think they are "clunky" is because they have been playing Call of Duty and Halo too much, and have become too acustomed to CoD's control style. I admit I have had this issue myself, but you shouldn't be blaming the game for that.

Storyline is still great, and having both Far Cry stories is pretty good.

They need to make this game with the new CryEngine 3, I imgaine it would be a lot better.
  30. Aug 11, 2012
    Far Cry Instincts Predator had a horrible campaign, but the multiplayer is really good and I love the map editor so much. Campaign 3/10 Multiplayer 8/10 Map Editor 9/10 Far Cry Instincts Predator 6.6/10
  31. Dec 18, 2012
    This is a great game that was ruined by outrageous and pointless difficulty. There is almost no skill to this game. Almost every major battle consists of you finding out what precise spot to stand where you wont be instakilled by a sniper or blown away by a rocket launcher. Enemies take bullet after bullet without even flinching, and even if you run with the speed ability they can get youThis is a great game that was ruined by outrageous and pointless difficulty. There is almost no skill to this game. Almost every major battle consists of you finding out what precise spot to stand where you wont be instakilled by a sniper or blown away by a rocket launcher. Enemies take bullet after bullet without even flinching, and even if you run with the speed ability they can get you with every shot. Doesn't matter how fast you move. There almost never anywhere to take cover, since bullets magically come through the walls, rocks, and containers spread throughout the game. Enemies materialize out of nowhere, usually from behind you in an area that you cleared literally seconds ago. They surround you and push you into a corner. You can use the precise same guns as they do and it can take a whole clip in the chest to kill them, yet they can decimate you with 3-4 shots. And YOU are the one with the powers! I enjoyed parts of the game, but they were massively shadowed by the horrible parts. The worst part of the whole game is the aiming. There is a massive lag between when you push the stick to one side and your cursor actually moving. The auto-aim helps with this, but you are still benefitted by getting head shots. When you're surrounded by 30 enemies and 4 shots from any one of their rifles can kill you, and snipers and rocket launchers can instakill you through a keyhole in a door on the other side of the island, headshots are typically out of the question. Auto saving is very uneven. Sometimes it autosaves immediately after a big battle, others 3-4 big battles. The most frustrating parts of the game involved me having to die 8-10 times in order to figure out where the enemies would materialize out of thin air and where I could hide to keep them from instakilling me, and I typically had to spend anywhere from 10-20 minutes between respawning and getting to those points. I feel like this game takes the dirtiest possible route of making it challenging, and the moments of fun I had were eclipsed by frustration at being cheated out of a good time. This is not hard. This is ridiculous. I'm all for a challenge. I've played Dark Souls and I've never felt like a game hated me this much before. At the time I'm writing this, I'm at the final two battles with Crowe and Krieger. Crowe is sitting on a cliff with a unhinged previously mounted machine guy while mutants who take a clip each to kill unless I can manage to accidentally shoot them in the head (which still takes half a clip) tear at me with guns and instakill me with their bare hands if I don't happen to see them come up on me on my radar surround me, and I have to kill them first through a couple of waves. Next, he starts lobbing grenades at me that are more like homing missiles and shooting at me with his machine gun. When he start shooting at me with the machine gun, I get instakilled by something even if I have 100 life and 100 armor. You can shoot him while he is lobbing grenades if you want, but if you're within 3 miles of the magic grenade it'll blow you up. And most of the instakills are while his back is turned, so I guess he is shooting me with his sniper rifle machine gun backwards. Anyways, I think the game is great but that they went way overboard with the cheatish difficulty. It has sapped every bit of fun out of the game for me and left me wishing I had never bothered with it. Cheap shots don't make a game fun. Expand
  32. Jul 14, 2013
    what happpend to the original FC the graphics in this are downgraded the stealth is still a joke the gunplay works well but the werewolf stuff is just the multiplayer is just ok but the story and voice acting are even worse the diffculty is all over the place but the map editor is actually quite good i like it

1. Plenty of Bruckheimer-style action, a decent suite of multiplayer options, strong visuals, and a variety-packed single-player mode. Derivative it might be, both of past Far Cry games and other FPSes, but there's still no arguing with the quality of this offering.
  2. The map editor has gotten a nice boost in functionality and the online multiplayer modes are sure to keep players busy for months, but how long do we have to wait until there is a true sequel for Far Cry?
    Killing things with feral powers is always enjoyable, and the expanded multiplayer options help to keep this game entertaining long after you blaze through the new single player content.