• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 28, 2006
6.2

1. AamirM.
    May 23, 2006
    its alright graphics arent a show-off but its no use trying to set traps, sneak up and backstab or aiming in for a headshot cuz the enemy has great hearing anyway i wouldent recommed it to a fps fan but maybe a new gamer.
  2. SimonH.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Very nice graphics and an enjoyable game. Multiplayer needs work though - has bad lag and voices constantly break up. Sort this out and it will be a 9.
  3. FPSMaster
    Apr 2, 2006
    Another last gen port, another last gen game on the 360. Xbox graphics in higher reoslution with Xbox 1 textures, tons of pop-up, toned down graphics online and just overall bad look other than the water. Stupid single player mode that is boring, linear and has the worst A.I. ever.Controls are still clunky with sub menues for weapons and a bad melee button that can not be aimed so you Another last gen port, another last gen game on the 360. Xbox graphics in higher reoslution with Xbox 1 textures, tons of pop-up, toned down graphics online and just overall bad look other than the water. Stupid single player mode that is boring, linear and has the worst A.I. ever.Controls are still clunky with sub menues for weapons and a bad melee button that can not be aimed so you look at the ground when using it while the enemy runs behind you and shoots you, and the hit detection is still nonexistent. You can unload on enemies for 30 seconds and not know if you're hitting them until they're dead. Online is garbage just like the last one, with tons of the age-old Ubisoft menues to wade through and the lag is unbearable. It's not normal lag like COD2, but a different kind of lag that only Farcry has which I call the "Farcry lag syndrome" which is worse than the game crashing. It causes you and your enemies to see each other in one place when you are both really somewhere else making each other see the other person shooting at where you used to be and still getting a kill. Or you can throw a grenade or fire a rocket with no explosion or no rocket even leaving the rocket launcher and 2 minutes later you're doing nothing and it tells you that you finally killed the other person with the grenade or the rocket. A worhtless port that everyone that has played COD2 or even Halo 2 will take back within the first or second day if they treasure good online play and don;t want to play crap gams with AAA names. Expand
  4. Jan 6, 2012
    Not the best game but still pretty damned good. The graphics could be a lot better considering it's on an Xbox 360, it's just a a port of two original Xbox games (There was Instincts, and then insticts evolution). They have updated some of the textures, but the game still looks outdated.

The game is good, but it doesn't feel like I should play it... something stops me from playing it. Also since there is no quicksaving feature, you're going to have to play until you reach the next checkpoint in order to save your game which is annoying.

No one bothers with the multiplayer, so there is no point in even mentioning it. Which means the included Map Maker is of no use. Onto the good now.

For starters the controls are fairly easy to master. The only reason people think they are "clunky" is because they have been playing Call of Duty and Halo too much, and have become too acustomed to CoD's control style. I admit I have had this issue myself, but you shouldn't be blaming the game for that.

Storyline is still great, and having both Far Cry stories is pretty good.

They need to make this game with the new CryEngine 3, I imgaine it would be a lot better.
  5. Aug 11, 2012
    Far Cry Instincts Predator had a horrible campaign, but the multiplayer is really good and I love the map editor so much. Campaign 3/10 Multiplayer 8/10 Map Editor 9/10 Far Cry Instincts Predator 6.6/10

1. Plenty of Bruckheimer-style action, a decent suite of multiplayer options, strong visuals, and a variety-packed single-player mode. Derivative it might be, both of past Far Cry games and other FPSes, but there's still no arguing with the quality of this offering.
  2. The map editor has gotten a nice boost in functionality and the online multiplayer modes are sure to keep players busy for months, but how long do we have to wait until there is a true sequel for Far Cry?
    Killing things with feral powers is always enjoyable, and the expanded multiplayer options help to keep this game entertaining long after you blaze through the new single player content.