8.0

1. JohnE
    May 17, 2009
    I could not put this game down. I have seen my fair share of real life horror and bloodshead, this is almost scarier. I could not play this game at night with the lights off. If you love 1st person shooters than buy it !!! The story line is interesting enough to keep you glued to the set. This is my favorite game to date,
  2. Jesse
    Feb 24, 2009
    I preordered this game just a day before it came out at gamestop and i was very disappointed at the fact there was no midnight release. It didn't recieve enough preorders to allow a midnight release which blew my mind. The fear series is a VERY underrated series and i think it deserves more attention. F.E.A.R 2 was a very solid game overrall. The story line was more intense than I preordered this game just a day before it came out at gamestop and i was very disappointed at the fact there was no midnight release. It didn't recieve enough preorders to allow a midnight release which blew my mind. The fear series is a VERY underrated series and i think it deserves more attention. F.E.A.R 2 was a very solid game overrall. The story line was more intense than scary, so if your looking for a good scare look elsewhere. Don't get me wrong there were some intense parts but nothing spectacular like in Condemned. The multiplayer is very fun in this game but i don't see it as a game your going to be coming back to time and time again. With that said, its a solid game overrall but i would wait until its at a lower price. Expand
  3. PeterNielsen
    Mar 1, 2009
    Hi

Once in a while there comes a game with both Good gameplay & good graphic !! - this is on of those games !! Its just good all the way ...- the single player story draws you in !! - and you will enjoy the combat, and exploring the rich story, that is getting told by locations, and notes you will find, and there is a nice background on the weapons, and every thing in the games,
    Hi

Its just good all the way ...- the single player story draws you in !! - and you will enjoy the combat, and exploring the rich story, that is getting told by locations, and notes you will find, and there is a nice background on the weapons, and every thing in the games, just.....nice!!

weapons are nice, and feels powerfull, just get this game, and please leave a comment on metacritic ;-)
  4. BB
    Jun 1, 2009
    As far as psychological thriller video games go, this is one of the best (if not the best). The game has a fantastic balance between scares, story, and combat. I found the first F.E.A.R to be too annoying and cliche in it's scare tactics. This game is definitely worth a rent (at least).
  5. ToddF
    Feb 16, 2009
    A very worthy sequel packed with the action that made the original great while drastically improving and changing the locations, variety of enemies, and overall story arc. It's accessible to new fans but definitely rewards those that have played the first game. The audio, as always with monolith, is crisp and atmospheric, with tribal action sequence music that fits well. The graphics A very worthy sequel packed with the action that made the original great while drastically improving and changing the locations, variety of enemies, and overall story arc. It's accessible to new fans but definitely rewards those that have played the first game. The audio, as always with monolith, is crisp and atmospheric, with tribal action sequence music that fits well. The graphics aren't cutting edge per se but are very impressive nonetheless, and the atmosphere and tension is ramped up drastically by the lighting and visuals.The new concepts and enemies are more creative and scary than the first, and the scares have been ratcheted up. Fans of condemned will see a marked similarity in environments and in-body game movement. The difficulty is pretty standard but ramps up in the second half, and some newcomers to fear may find it frustrating at times. All in all, a well-made sequel that will intensely entertain and frighten you. Expand
  6. ZackShannon
    Feb 18, 2009
    So i beat FEAR2 last night and i have to say its atop Notch game. Everthing about it crys awesome awesome. there were 2 things i didn't like about it though. There weren't as many scare moments and the ending left me with more questions even though the game did give you the origion of alma. Now we wait for FEAR 3
  7. BaddAssElJay
    Apr 7, 2009
    This is a great game! The creep factor is sick (meaning good), like the other series of F.E.A.R. If you're like me, the complex storyline is excellent! You need to pay attention to the other version of the game to follow it. You may need to play them again to understand.
  8. Aug 27, 2010
    Really enjoyed it, the mechanics are tight the graphics are great although i didn't scared i just enjoyed it for what it was .. but then again i don't find videogames scary .. at all. Anyway great game
  9. Aug 9, 2011
    Fear 2 gets it abit more right this time around and there actaully feels like some horror in the game . i really liked the things that grabbed you in the floor and pulled you under . thoose damn things would give me a good "oh shat!" moment . story wise though i still dont know what the hell is going on in this game and i wish i could but the games doesnt make any real attempt to explainFear 2 gets it abit more right this time around and there actaully feels like some horror in the game . i really liked the things that grabbed you in the floor and pulled you under . thoose damn things would give me a good "oh shat!" moment . story wise though i still dont know what the hell is going on in this game and i wish i could but the games doesnt make any real attempt to explain its self . its a solid shooter and the horror element helps define it from the rest of the cookie cutter FPS games out there but still needs improvement. Expand
  10. Jun 14, 2011
    Project Origin is really creepy , is based more on psychological scares rather than the old method of a monster to say "Boo"!! so is a nice game and the gunplay feels simple, the story is great. But take in mind that if you want more scary franchise take Dead Space.
  11. Jul 3, 2011
    A fantastic delve back into the FEAR universe with far improved visuals and scares. The game features an new arsenal of weaponry, creepy and varied locations and a new host of enemies to boot. The game stays true to the series by keeping the melee combat system and bullet time features which used in conjunction can provide some epic moments. A true winner 10/10.
  12. Anonymous
    Jul 12, 2009
    F.E.A.R. 2 is better than the first f.e.a.r. in many ways. mostly level design, where in the first f.e.a.r. it was repetitive. the sequel has much more variety and won't get boring. The AI is great, better than ever. The graphics look good, the storyline is good, the scares are good, everything is good. Highly recommended game!
  13. EricE
    Sep 16, 2009
    Better then the original in my opinion. Not one I would buy but definitely worth a rental. Pretty nice graphics as well. Only thing I didn't like is my character seemed to walk like a drunken sailor. Couldn't pass a sobriety test if he wanted to he staggered around sideways all the time.
  14. Dec 6, 2013
    One of my favourite games ever made. Intelligent, immersive, scary, graphically slick, a joy to play, just great. I've played it several times through including in the hardest difficulty mode and always love it.

It's not quite worthy of a 10/10 as some sections can be a bit tedious, it's not a perfect game. But having said that it's easily in my top 10 games of all time and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys horror games or shooters, or who just feels like a good, solid, captivating gaming experience.

In my opinion it is significantly superior to the original and to the third game, which I felt lacked the character and intelligence of this one.
  15. May 29, 2012
    Fear 2 is fantastic upgrade from the first. Graphics and flow and gameplay have all been updated. My only complaint is options. In the first installment you had some really nice customization choices. Head bob removal from the first would have been extremely nice. I also liked the crosshair customizer in Fear Files. All game makers should aspire to allow the consumers to customize theirFear 2 is fantastic upgrade from the first. Graphics and flow and gameplay have all been updated. My only complaint is options. In the first installment you had some really nice customization choices. Head bob removal from the first would have been extremely nice. I also liked the crosshair customizer in Fear Files. All game makers should aspire to allow the consumers to customize their gaming experience as much as technically possible. A solid game with plenty of thrills and scares to make you fearful. Expand
  16. Jun 25, 2013
    While it's nowhere near as scary as its predecessor, "F.E.A.R. 2" does manage to up the level of action and gameplay complexity whilst still keeping the intense sense of dread that made eponymous franchise famous.

1. GamePro
    Now, the spine tingling sequel, Project Origin is here to continue the story of the psychic and psychotic Alma with damn good results. [Mar 2009, p.78]
  2. It feels a lot like that last "007" movie: plenty of fun, but nowhere near as awesome as we hoped it'd be. [Mar 2009, p.76]
  3. While the multiplayer is weak and the mood won’t make people forget Dead Space any time soon, the solid action core makes it worth a play.