8.1

1. Dec 6, 2013
    One of my favourite games ever made. Intelligent, immersive, scary, graphically slick, a joy to play, just great. I've played it several times through including in the hardest difficulty mode and always love it.

It's not quite worthy of a 10/10 as some sections can be a bit tedious, it's not a perfect game. But having said that it's easily in my top 10 games of all time and I would
    recommend it to anyone who enjoys horror games or shooters, or who just feels like a good, solid, captivating gaming experience.

In my opinion it is significantly superior to the original and to the third game, which I felt lacked the character and intelligence of this one.
  2. Jul 16, 2013
    The gameplay was solid and fun. I had so high expectation for this game since a lot of folks talked highly on how scary of this game. Not that much for me. But I like the violent and bloodish in this game.
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    While it's nowhere near as scary as its predecessor, "F.E.A.R. 2" does manage to up the level of action and gameplay complexity whilst still keeping the intense sense of dread that made eponymous franchise famous.
  4. May 31, 2013
    The game doesn't follow the original story, but it's still scary as f**k! A new silent protagonist and story makes this one original to the series. However, the graphics, plot and MP need work. It looks like a PS2 game, which is bad in this generation of games. F.E.A.R. 2 is still a good scary game from start to finish, even if the plot isn't as good.
  5. May 29, 2012
    Fear 2 is fantastic upgrade from the first. Graphics and flow and gameplay have all been updated. My only complaint is options. In the first installment you had some really nice customization choices. Head bob removal from the first would have been extremely nice. I also liked the crosshair customizer in Fear Files. All game makers should aspire to allow the consumers to customize their gaming experience as much as technically possible. A solid game with plenty of thrills and scares to make you fearful. Expand
  6. Aug 9, 2011
    Fear 2 gets it abit more right this time around and there actaully feels like some horror in the game . i really liked the things that grabbed you in the floor and pulled you under . thoose damn things would give me a good "oh shat!" moment . story wise though i still dont know what the hell is going on in this game and i wish i could but the games doesnt make any real attempt to explain its self . its a solid shooter and the horror element helps define it from the rest of the cookie cutter FPS games out there but still needs improvement. Expand
  7. Jul 3, 2011
    A fantastic delve back into the FEAR universe with far improved visuals and scares. The game features an new arsenal of weaponry, creepy and varied locations and a new host of enemies to boot. The game stays true to the series by keeping the melee combat system and bullet time features which used in conjunction can provide some epic moments. A true winner 10/10.
  8. Jun 14, 2011
    Project Origin is really creepy , is based more on psychological scares rather than the old method of a monster to say "Boo"!! so is a nice game and the gunplay feels simple, the story is great. But take in mind that if you want more scary franchise take Dead Space.
  9. Aug 27, 2010
    Really enjoyed it, the mechanics are tight the graphics are great although i didn't scared i just enjoyed it for what it was .. but then again i don't find videogames scary .. at all. Anyway great game

Now, the spine tingling sequel, Project Origin is here to continue the story of the psychic and psychotic Alma with damn good results. [Mar 2009, p.78]
  2. It feels a lot like that last "007" movie: plenty of fun, but nowhere near as awesome as we hoped it'd be. [Mar 2009, p.76]
  3. While the multiplayer is weak and the mood won’t make people forget Dead Space any time soon, the solid action core makes it worth a play.