F.E.A.R. Xbox 360

7.3

1. UziE.
    Jul 22, 2007
    I cant believe this game has got decent reviews. I rented it and played for two hours, took it back and rented Lost Planet instead. totally crap graphics and gameplay that isnt much better. lame story also.
  2. Jonathan
    Sep 15, 2007
    Would have been 0, but the slow-mo was a cute little novelty. Otherwise, the level design/graphics were HORRIBLE! I mean, this very much looked like Half Life 1 to me, which was great... BACK THEN. Sure, it had some super lighting, but otherwise... CRAP! Gameplay... can you say repition? B-O-R-I-N-G! Plus, I'm tired of games that can't create a decent atmosphere with the game Would have been 0, but the slow-mo was a cute little novelty. Otherwise, the level design/graphics were HORRIBLE! I mean, this very much looked like Half Life 1 to me, which was great... BACK THEN. Sure, it had some super lighting, but otherwise... CRAP! Gameplay... can you say repition? B-O-R-I-N-G! Plus, I'm tired of games that can't create a decent atmosphere with the game alone, so they add stupid little stunts to try to make it scary... they way over did it... they should see BioShock for an example of how to do that right. I bought this game thinking I would like it... then I tried hard to like it... and couldn't. There is no way this deserves anything close to an 85. May be the most over-rated game I've ever played. Expand
  3. MarkW.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Yawn zzzzzzzz....... Incredibly boring.
  4. RichardS
    Jul 30, 2007
    Okay, it's not as massively over-rated as the all-time most over-rated crocks: Gears of War and Halo2. Fear is probably division 2 over-rated rubbish. There is probably one cool thing about this game: it comes close to replicating the fight scenes in The Matrix with plaster flying everywhere and dust filling the air. And that's it. There are a few creepy chills, though they tend Okay, it's not as massively over-rated as the all-time most over-rated crocks: Gears of War and Halo2. Fear is probably division 2 over-rated rubbish. There is probably one cool thing about this game: it comes close to replicating the fight scenes in The Matrix with plaster flying everywhere and dust filling the air. And that's it. There are a few creepy chills, though they tend to all come at once. And I don't care for horror games anyway. The enemy AI is clever, but the rest of the game is so average and boring it doesn't matter. The fights are repetitive, the weapons all very similar and as usual there are a couple of weapons you want and many that are rubbish. Why is no one since Halo has learnt that half a dozen varied weapons each of which is cool in its own right is the way to go? The levels are on tracks - totally linear and stunningly repetitive - it's like replaying the same level again and again. The storyline is horrid - I gave up listening to the phone messages and PC messages - I just didn't care about the story or my character at all - just like Gears of W*** - a fatal flaw. By turns dull and duller, this is yet another massively over-rated FPS. Expand
  5. KP
    May 5, 2009
    I lasted about 45 minutes playing this game, and then decided I'd have more fun writing a review of it. My biggest complaint is the game play. It just feels a little clunky for a FPS. The targeting is weak, and movement feels choppy unless in slo mo. The plot is a nice try but misses the mark. Simply not interesting or engaging enough to hold my interest. I'd rather re-play a I lasted about 45 minutes playing this game, and then decided I'd have more fun writing a review of it. My biggest complaint is the game play. It just feels a little clunky for a FPS. The targeting is weak, and movement feels choppy unless in slo mo. The plot is a nice try but misses the mark. Simply not interesting or engaging enough to hold my interest. I'd rather re-play a classic favorite like COD or R6V. Graphics are xbox like. And the score is lame. Problem with metacrtic system is that it doesn't factor in year. For example F.E.A.R. rating 85. Resident Evil 5 rating 85. Even if you hate RE5, it'd be hard not to admit that it blows FEAR out of the water in every way. Expand
  6. Matt
    Aug 15, 2009
    I'd say it's the worst game I've ever played, and sits right next to Prey and Condemned. I hated every second of it, from the clunky moving mechanism, constantly dark atmosphere for "effect", the fact that every weapon looks and fires the same....

I ought to file for damages considering the amount of times I threw my pad on the floor
  7. JamesPiles
    Nov 8, 2008
    Terrible. I'm not talking about the graphics. If it's a good game i'll keep playing it regardless of how old it is ( like Half life 1). I'm talking about the level design. You'll see the same boring pipes and textures again and again. If I took a screenshot in half life 1 - I'll now what level was being played, this game you can't tell, it all looks theTerrible. I'm not talking about the graphics. If it's a good game i'll keep playing it regardless of how old it is ( like Half life 1). I'm talking about the level design. You'll see the same boring pipes and textures again and again. If I took a screenshot in half life 1 - I'll now what level was being played, this game you can't tell, it all looks the same. Dissapointed, they should have called this game W.A.R.E.H.O.U.S.E Expand
  8. DarinM
    Jan 21, 2009
    I kmow this is a couple of years old now but i got this for a tenner and have to say i have never played such a boring Fps as this before.Every level looks the same,the graphics are dull,.the gameplay repetitive,no variety in enemies.and scary? maybe for a 5 year old.
    I really wanted to like this but its so average in every respect and boring as hell.I think the reviewers were playing a different game.
    85?? yeah right
  9. GeorgeS.
    Feb 26, 2009
    I'm going to give it a 2 because the well-made environment and the slo-mo gimmick actually works pretty well. The game is extremely slow and I find myself wishing that it would simply get ON with it. I wouldn't call it a horror game, though it does have a supernatural element to it. I feel obligated to finish the game, though the more I play it, the more I just want it to be I'm going to give it a 2 because the well-made environment and the slo-mo gimmick actually works pretty well. The game is extremely slow and I find myself wishing that it would simply get ON with it. I wouldn't call it a horror game, though it does have a supernatural element to it. I feel obligated to finish the game, though the more I play it, the more I just want it to be done. I don't know who said the AI was smart. I think it would lose a battle of wits against a stuffed iguana. So I give it a 2 because the production values were so high, but they didn't seem to bother putting any thought into it. Expand
  10. RickD.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Thiss game is horrible. Absolutely the worst gameplay and graphical design I've ever seen. Every weapon looks the same and the environments look exactly the same as the last one. This game is terrible and I don't recommend it to anyone.
  11. MarshallS.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Fun shooter for a couple of hours then the sheer drudgery of yet-another-derivative-uninspired-run-of-the-mill FPS sets in. Boring weapons, repetitive and linear level design, massively irregular difficulty spikes and a plotline that somebody wrote on the back of a cigarette pack whilst on the bus to work the day before the game shipped do NOT make a good game.
  12. JayR.
    Sep 18, 2007
    This game has the worst graphics ive seen on the x box 360, the weapon design looks like it was made for playstation 1 or nintendo 64, thers games on the x box and ps2 that look much better then this so called nex gen fps horrible game.
  13. Giobos
    Nov 16, 2006
    FEAR offers nothing new to the FPS world. It is Half-Life 2 without the plot, Doom without the scares. Fortunately, my store has a 7 day no-hassle return policy. $60 should buy a new gaming experience, however slight.

F.E.A.R. has made it from the PC to 360 with everything that made it an outstanding experience along with a few new additions including the fantastic Instant Action mode, making it hard to lodge any huge complaints against the game.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine
    F.E.A.R.'s downsides mean it's thrilling at first and much less absorbing later on, but its magnificent combat sequences still make it irresistible for serious FPS fans. [Dec. 2006, p.62]
  3. The level of destruction and the special effects are outstanding, and while the single player campaign is a bit short, the console exclusive Instant Action Mode is a great way to continuously relive battles against the intelligent AI.