4.1

1. Oct 22, 2013
    A game that you could not describe as "Fifa 13.5" It's vastly different and some of it for the better.

Dribbling Dribbling and ball control can be a little frustrating with people Involuntarily going into the "Precision dribbling" mode when you haven't pressed the button to do so and players just flat out forgetting to trap the ball and letting it roll by them. Besides that

Dribbling

Dribbling and ball control can be a little frustrating with people Involuntarily going into the "Precision dribbling" mode when you haven't pressed the button to do so and players just flat out forgetting to trap the ball and letting it roll by them. Besides that dribbling is more realistic, unlike it's predecessor you can't run at full pelt and retain such a high level of control and it's a welcomed feature although I feel that even when you're not sprinting even a player with good control will make a uncharacteristic bad touch and that can be frustrating especially when you're in a good attacking area.

Shooting

In it's entirety is a lot better and feels a lot realistic and you can easily distinguish a good shooter from a bad one but there is moments where you look and say to yourself "How did that go in?" with shots where a players body position is facing a corner flag yet can strike a ball sweetly enough to make it swerve inside the far corner, heading post and pre patch is probably the most consistent method of goalscoring, Mandzukic, Klose among other strikers proving rather infamous and they can single handedly put you ahead of your opponents (See what I did there? heh)

AI and other miscellaneous Gameplay thoughts

On the whole it's probably better than 13 but there is moments where you simply facepalm and leaves you looking for some thing to impale with your controller, switching can be a frustrating ordeal with heading being a rather popular method of acquiring goals and players not bothering to contest a shot can leave you feeling hard done by.

Goalkeepers are considered by stereotype to be "Crazy" and it seems Fifa are sticking to that with some flat out insane moments where by coming out to punch the ball away seemingly miss the ball and end up breaking the strikers lower jaw or so you think as he gets up with out much as a scratch. There also appears to be a delay between a shot aiming for goal and the keeper actually diving to save it and It can lead to some really tame shots trickling into the bottom corner which can frustrate even the calmest of gamers.

Overall

Whilst I think the game is a improvement, the main problem I feel is that you never feel like you have lost genuinely to a player who has bested you this time around due to some irrational action the AI has done instead of what you wanted to do. I think as gamers we want a fair game where as we can play a game and win based on our skills and abilities rather than on something that is beyond our control although I know we cannot control every player on the pitch at the same time but surely it's not a taxing request to have the AI competent enough to not do irrational actions right?

Should anyone at EA read this I want to say this. You are letting your ego and monopoly corrode a famous franchise. We don't expect a perfect game where everything is peachy but we at least expect a game where we as players can win on ability and not on things out of control effect the game as much as it does. We don't like what EA has become and not before long EA could very well be playing catch up to PES and I sincerely hope it does because then we might see EA look to do things right.
  2. Dec 6, 2013
    HORRIBLE GAMEPLAY! AVOID!

HORRIBLE GAMEPLAY! AVOID!

I've invested a lot of time into Fifa 14 and I have to say that I have yet to have anything like what could be described as fun playing it. There's a slower pace to the game, you can play with manual passing which forces you to pick your passes very carefully but the lifeless A.I. means that your teammates never move for the ball. What's more, first touch is non-existent in this game which is unforgivable in any football game. Football is all about touch and passing and Fifa can't really do either.
    The two thumb sticks could have been put to real use but instead the right stick is designated for skill moves which look nice in videos but simply don't knit with the gameplay. Fifa is chained to some slick animations that actually detract from play. Compare to NHL where the gameplay is beautifully intuitive, the right stick moves the hockey stick, the left stick skates. If only the same principles were brought to Fifa.
    Stop buying Fifa, it's a horrible engine, a horrible game It's the least fun you can have without actually playing any football.
  3. Apr 7, 2014
    Before I played this game, I was a fan of PES. I bought this game for Xbox 360 and to be fair, at first it looked brilliant, but when I started to play, my opponents were being given penalties, stupid free kicks were made by the ref. The characters look great as well as the presentation, you could change quite a lot of settings but it is really hard to get the right control on it to play.Before I played this game, I was a fan of PES. I bought this game for Xbox 360 and to be fair, at first it looked brilliant, but when I started to play, my opponents were being given penalties, stupid free kicks were made by the ref. The characters look great as well as the presentation, you could change quite a lot of settings but it is really hard to get the right control on it to play. I found the pace in passing great, and some amazing crosses could be made. The spectacular could even be made for a player like Kagawa. I would recomend this game for pro of FIFA, but not to a beginner. Expand
  4. Sep 24, 2014
    Fifa 14 is a rather average football simulator. It may work well, but it certainly doesn't deserve the praise it has received. Ultimate Team is just flat out boring to be honest. Chemistry makes no sense; and players' contracts should be much longer. The game itself is pretty decent; it flows well, it looks great, and is quite fun. But animations can be dodgy, and has several amusing butFifa 14 is a rather average football simulator. It may work well, but it certainly doesn't deserve the praise it has received. Ultimate Team is just flat out boring to be honest. Chemistry makes no sense; and players' contracts should be much longer. The game itself is pretty decent; it flows well, it looks great, and is quite fun. But animations can be dodgy, and has several amusing but annoying glitches. The most fun I had was in Manager Mode, which involves tactics. However, the rest of the game's pretty hack-and-slashy, which is surprising, for a game like this. Expand
  5. Aug 6, 2014
    This is a good game with a load of problems such as offsides and referees and god you really can't lose fairly and the fouls wow me and my friend were playing co-op seasons and acording to ea modric fouled by getting the ball fairly but overall good game
  6. Sep 24, 2013
    I don't know how to rate this game. It's not worthy of the critical acclaim that I suspect EA have paid for (all studios do it to be fair), but it's not a veritable flop deserving of the fires of the internet and red-coloured user scores.

The presentation is excellent. Quite superb. Modeling off the Xbox dashboard was a bold move but it does pay off. The commentary is spot on, the prematch coverage is top notch and in terms of immersion into the experience, PES can't hold a candle to FIFA. I love the changes to career mode, the global scouting network forces you to construct teams that click together rather than a team full of 85+ players that pace-abuse the opposition.

Unfortunately thats as far as I can be positive. The biggest change is the Precision Movement engine. Players are slower and clunkier than before in an attempt to replicate real physics and real build-up play. I found my teammates making intelligent runs ahead of me and positioning was better. The big problem is that everyone feels the same. Top-rated attacking players felt like they had the same agility, movement and ball control as mid-level centerbacks. It's terrible. Not to mention that one of FIFA 13's biggest draws, dribbling, is now completely broken because of this. A good example is Christian Eriksen, I usually have no problem dribbling (no tricks) past defenders. In FIFA 14, he feels like Charlie Adam.

It could be case of something to get used to. I've only had it 3 days thanks to my sports ticket from EA, of which I played around 20-25 hours. It certainly took a while to adjust to FIFA 13. I'm not against change or one of those people who complains about things changing. I just think that it hasn't worked out as smoothly as EA hoped.

This definitely feels like FIFA is in transition, for the better. Unfortunately so too does the game. It's very nicely packaged product but the core feels like a working beta compared to what EA vision for the game. It's gameplay mechanics haven't been worked out fully and it ruins the experience for me. I don't particularly care for paying $60 for updated kits and rosters, nor do I for an unfinished product.
  7. Oct 20, 2013
    FIFA 14 In some respect could be seen as a slight innovation to the Football series.With the pace mechanics shifted from the last entry FIFA 13.The menus often feel laggy and unresponsive and other components to the game(apart from Ultimate Team) feel unchanged.Career mode feels repetitive.Co-op seasons is amazing.The enjoyment is great when you and your friend score after team work. 7/10 Good
  8. Sep 28, 2013
    I don't know where to start with this game, Now before people start judging the player I was a huge fan of fifa games I've played them all and each one has made steps to make the game better for the fans. However this years FIFA has been nothing but a sheer disappointment from the laggy and slow menu screens to a clearly unpolished title. A lot of people would jump straight in to blame EAI don't know where to start with this game, Now before people start judging the player I was a huge fan of fifa games I've played them all and each one has made steps to make the game better for the fans. However this years FIFA has been nothing but a sheer disappointment from the laggy and slow menu screens to a clearly unpolished title. A lot of people would jump straight in to blame EA as we all know they do have a terrible history with it's customers and it's products mainly being that people see them as money grabbers who do not care for their audience.

When I first started hearing about all the new feature in FIFA I was excited to see and find out how it would play, after watching a lot of videos not only by EA but also the FIFA youtubers the excitement got better as they highly praised the game.

When the demo was released I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and start playing and when I did I was shocked to see how awful the players handled on the pitch. Now of course I tried to shake it off as a new game mechanic and figured it would take some time to get use to, However it has added an unnecessary difficulty to the game that will quite simply push people away from the title.

As much as I appreciate EA's decision to try making the game more realistic unfortunately they have missed this opportunity to fine tune what was needed to be done. As what EA forget is that at the end of the day it is still just a game and not the real sport.

Player movement comes across as very clunky and slow the passing and first touch system differs belief considering FIFA 13 had it's issues with the first touch system, It seems that this years version is a lot more difficult to handle from the ball bouncing off players to just down right stupidity from the players.

It's hard to believe that the players you're using are suppose to be professional footballers unfortunately the game makes you feel as if you're dealing with amateurs who have barely played the sport.

For me personally what I don't understand is that FIFA games have always been about fun it's always been about the competition and the feeling it gives you when you can out smart your opponent and score great goals.

This years attempt at FIFA 14 has only left me feeling frustrated and let down by EA as the game is riddled with problems, A lot of mechanics that don't make sense for example are a lot of people claim that "Strength" is the way to go in this years FIFA you're now allowed to use slower defenders simply because you can out muscle the attackers. However this has yet again got it's own problems as people have already figured out a way to avoid this and this is to simply run down the wing and cross the ball in in which 9/10 crosses will succeed in a goal.

A lot of people will read this review and just think it's another rage kid just throwing out frustration at EA for the sake of just doing it, But I person have always enjoyed FIFA games as they've had their own flaws but this years game has been nothing short of a flop in my eyes. I'm sure for many other players the game is great and has given them the experience they've always wanted but when it comes to just enjoying the game EA have almost stripped the fun aspect of the game straight out of it.

With a lack of contact from EA in the forums I can only figure that they are avoiding all responsibility of the games problems and have chosen to ignore it's fans for another year running.

Now I'm going to be generous when I rate this game and will only go out of my way to give it a 5 simply because of how the game feels it's hard for all the wrong reasons and has lost it's fun edge, EA have clearly tried to make the title a more serious game but sadly not everyone was looking for a serious experience.
  9. Nov 9, 2013
    I dislike it when unrealistic transfers take place every transfer window.
    The teams wear the same gear every year.
    Players retire at an early age. Players slide and fall around on a wet fields and walk off as if they came out of a washing machine. Every time a through ball is given to 2 attackers, 1 offside, 1 onside, the ref blows assuming the ball was for the offside attacker!.
    I dislike it when unrealistic transfers take place every transfer window.
    The teams wear the same gear every year.
    Players retire at an early age.
    Whilst running with the ball close to one of my team mates on my way to score, he dispossesses me! and sometimes they are offside too and the ref blows.
    What is the point of skill games? It has no effect on the career Pro, manager nor FUT, fun and challenging yes but useless. The way skill games can be useful is if it can be training which affects your pro's ability.
    The crowd is fine as is, I don't care about how the fans look unless they start running onto the field, hugging players and stopping the game play.
    I like the stadiums, they shouldn't remove just add more. The stadiums that are added has to be ones that are familiar to the world of FIFA you know, like those used for the previous World Cups.
    They say Fifa 14 is alive" then why don't players and referees deliberately do things? make mistakes? like real "alive" people do.
    I see online that there is the idea of "dynamic weather" that is as real as it gets! why is this an idea only now, it should have been in the game a long time ago.
    The GTN is such a good idea gone terribly wrong, again, there is no point to it. If I want to scout a player I use the old method, get them young and let them grow to be the best. I think it would be so much more effective if the two methods were combined in to one.
    Players and managers earn salaries in the game, why? I understand the concept but this salary cannot be used and this renders the idea, useless.
    The graphics are fine, you know who has the ball without hearing the commentator nor looking at the name bar.
    The precision movement is a great addition but needs to be refined, game play is sluggish.
    Ball physics is my favorite, the best goals ever seen is on FIFA14!.
    On FUT I made a substitution and the view didn't change, I was impressed with that, fluidity was maintained.
    The HUD is very good, the way it displays online and offline info and the pictures displayed, its nice.
    Like the message inbox, which still pops up after a match though but bearable.
    Commentary has been improved, still too much repetitiveness.
    Overall, more real,challenging and professional than 13 but so much less fun to play.
  10. Sep 24, 2013
    Stepping Stone
    Really this is just a stepping stone for the next gen version coming up wich uses the amazing looking infinity engine so if you bought this like I did hopefully you would have kept your excpectations low because this is really only mad for the updated squads and the pretty sweet ultimate team.
  11. Sep 27, 2013
    BIEN, QUE PUEDO DECIR, "FIFA 14" ME DECEPCIONO, CREÍ QUE A MEDIDA QUE PASABAN LOS AÑOS "FIFA" TAMBIÉN IBA A MEJORAR, PERO FIFA 14 ES FIFA 13, ES LO MISMO, MISMA JUGABILIDAD, MISMOS GRÁFICOS, ELECTRONIC ARTS PARA ENMENDAR LAS COSAS, QUISO CAMBIAR EL MENÚ DEL JUEGO SOLO PARA DECIR, SI, HICIMOS FIFA 14 Y NADIE NOTARA QUE ES IGUAL A EL FIFA 13, BIEN EN CONCLUSIÓN ESTE 6 LO PONGO PORQUEBIEN, QUE PUEDO DECIR, "FIFA 14" ME DECEPCIONO, CREÍ QUE A MEDIDA QUE PASABAN LOS AÑOS "FIFA" TAMBIÉN IBA A MEJORAR, PERO FIFA 14 ES FIFA 13, ES LO MISMO, MISMA JUGABILIDAD, MISMOS GRÁFICOS, ELECTRONIC ARTS PARA ENMENDAR LAS COSAS, QUISO CAMBIAR EL MENÚ DEL JUEGO SOLO PARA DECIR, SI, HICIMOS FIFA 14 Y NADIE NOTARA QUE ES IGUAL A EL FIFA 13, BIEN EN CONCLUSIÓN ESTE 6 LO PONGO PORQUE SIEMPRE FIFA ME HA GUSTADO, Y BIEN, TAMBIEN HAY QUE APRECIAR EL MERITO DE ELECTRONIC ARTS. SI FIFA 14 ESTE AÑO LA "CAGO". Expand
  12. Sep 25, 2013
    Gráficas: las mismas que fifa 12,13 no varían,
    Jugabilidad: a mi parecer mejoro un poco el accionar del balón, es mas difícil hacer un buen pase, la ia de los defensas ya no es tan idiota, aun así los desmarques sin balón no funcionan como debería

si eres fan de esa saga seguro que ya lo tienes, si quieres darle una oportunidad adelante solo que no esperes algo fuera de lo normal.
  13. Oct 1, 2013
    There's always a fine line between making a game realistic, and making it enjoyable. Fifa 14 is definitely closer to real life in terms of player movements, touches and ball physics. However, I agree that games aren't flowing very well which makes it less enjoyable for me personally. So i'd give it a 7 because despite it's issues, i'm still going to play it for the next year anyway. IfThere's always a fine line between making a game realistic, and making it enjoyable. Fifa 14 is definitely closer to real life in terms of player movements, touches and ball physics. However, I agree that games aren't flowing very well which makes it less enjoyable for me personally. So i'd give it a 7 because despite it's issues, i'm still going to play it for the next year anyway. If you've given it less than three then that's an exaggeration. Less than 5 are the kind of games you want to throw away. Fifa 14 isn't the best but its definitely not THAT bad. Expand
  14. Sep 27, 2013
    First off, it is extremely unlikely that the game is scripted. Even if it was, the people writing the ridiculous zero scores at the moment could not have possibly played the game long enough to actually judge whether it is or not.

As such, it's hard to take any of the negative scores that refer to it seriously. After playing the game myself, I can safely say that FIFA 14 is a "good" game. It's a marginally re-skinned, slower paced, more technical version of FIFA 13.

But is it a revolutionary FIFA experience? No, not at all. There's nothing here that suggests EA pushed the boat out to improve gameplay or the overall game dramatically. Everything about the title suggests that it had a more limited development cycle before it was finished up to concentrate on the next generation consoles.

There are several key improvements to mention however. Career Mode has made fantastic steps forward with a completely overhauled transfer system that more closely reflects the reality of footballing business. Ultimate Team continues to be a central focus for the game and has grown in stature and polish for this years title, but fortunately the offline and other multiplayer modes haven't been completely overshadowed by it, so it's still a well-rounded title with a lot of playing options.

Licencing and stadium usage has been expanded, with previously inaccessible kits, stadia and photo-captured player likenesses available in this title. This may be a small thing and one that you come to expect from the FIFA franchise, but it's still good to see it in the last of this generations FIFA games.

As stated above, gameplay is notably slower. It's not "bad" as such, and there aren't any game breaking bugs or laughable physics abnormalities that previous titles have had, but it does feel like a chess match rather than a game of football at times. That said, I still prefer this ahead of the arcadey, on-rails feel of the past.

Whilst FIFA 14 is worth buying, I still feel I'm waiting for the definitive FIFA experience. Hopefully, FIFA 15 will make a dramatic step forward in gameplay that is sorely needed, as the franchise is beginning to feel stale after few real discernible changes since the 2012 (or arguably 2011) incarnation.
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    It seems that quite a lot of reviews of FIFA 14 have been made by people yet to be completely accustomed to the new style. A frustrating game at first, FIFA 14 will infuriate with its loose control and cause broken controllers with its "players turn like milk" policy, but eventually the creases can be ironed out with a change in style of play.

Focusing specifically on possession-based

Focusing specifically on possession-based football, EA have gone from making a game all about skill and pace to making a game that isn't impacted on by either. However, the effort you have to put in makes winning all the more rewarding.

Having said that, the inconsistency between each game is what spoils the overall experience. Stoke can pass like Barcelona and beat you 3-0, but Arsenal can't string a pass together and you can waltz to victory.

Enjoyable? Perhaps not. The worst game of the year? Hell no.
  16. Nov 5, 2013
    This game was good except for FUT. In the tutorial they teach you about chemistry and they make it look really easy but when you get your team its so hard to build the chemistry. Then your team sucks and you can't win. I just play it for the manager career which if you pick a good team then this game is really fun.
  17. Dec 31, 2013
    This game is amazing as far as Ultimate Team. After a while every game i played at least 2 of my players got injured. Even if i put maximum power into my shot he basically passes it to the goalkeeper
  18. Jun 24, 2014
    A football game made by EA Sports which features different modes like career mode or just play. Its is not as bad as all the reviews say it is personally, but I do admit it is somewhat scripted. Another big concern is that passing or most actions like shooting or passing, take a while for the game to process. Another concern is that the game sometimes doesn't detect fouls. But the gameA football game made by EA Sports which features different modes like career mode or just play. Its is not as bad as all the reviews say it is personally, but I do admit it is somewhat scripted. Another big concern is that passing or most actions like shooting or passing, take a while for the game to process. Another concern is that the game sometimes doesn't detect fouls. But the game isn't horrible. Expand
  19. Nov 12, 2013
    This game dishes out pain and pleasure in unequal measure, unequal as that is how unbalanced Fifa 14 is. For example its normally Ultimate Team were noobs have a fighting chance but with seasons mode, where skill and tactics used to be key, noobs got smashed to bits. Unfortunately now its the other way round, because in seasons every noob runs to Real Madrid, so unless you are eitherThis game dishes out pain and pleasure in unequal measure, unequal as that is how unbalanced Fifa 14 is. For example its normally Ultimate Team were noobs have a fighting chance but with seasons mode, where skill and tactics used to be key, noobs got smashed to bits. Unfortunately now its the other way round, because in seasons every noob runs to Real Madrid, so unless you are either Barcelona or Manchester City you have virtually no chance with Bale, CR7 and co running at your defense. With the game new mechanics players with pace and height (CR7, Bale, Ibarbo, etc) will tear the likes of Thaigo Silva apart. I like the new mechanics and the slowed down gameplay, but having such an over-powered team unbalances the game. UT mode has vastly improved, with the ability to change formations at will now and the ability to enhance player stats with boost cards. It's far more a tactical battle there, but it shouldn't be this way. Overall better this year in some parts, far far worse in others. Expand
  20. Dec 7, 2014
    This is without a doubt the most realistic FIFA to date, but is it the most fun? I don't think so. The game brings you special moments. Be it a goal that swerves in the air, or a goal straight from a corner. The game's decision to focus on realism does however mean it falls short of the more impressive FIFA 13. It is slower and less fun than FIFA 13. Goals on the counter feel dragged outThis is without a doubt the most realistic FIFA to date, but is it the most fun? I don't think so. The game brings you special moments. Be it a goal that swerves in the air, or a goal straight from a corner. The game's decision to focus on realism does however mean it falls short of the more impressive FIFA 13. It is slower and less fun than FIFA 13. Goals on the counter feel dragged out and slightly staggered. Some nice career mode improvements and the return of ultimate team make this a respectable FIFA though. Expand
  21. Oct 24, 2013
    Having been lucky to experience this on the next gen at Eurogamer; going back to FIFA 14 on the 360 just shows how stretched the series has become in recent years. EA certainly have plenty of ideas taking the game forward on the PS4 and ONE but the current systems are really showing their age with only a few improvements once again. EA have essentially taken FIFA as far as they can on theHaving been lucky to experience this on the next gen at Eurogamer; going back to FIFA 14 on the 360 just shows how stretched the series has become in recent years. EA certainly have plenty of ideas taking the game forward on the PS4 and ONE but the current systems are really showing their age with only a few improvements once again. EA have essentially taken FIFA as far as they can on the current generation but do leave a few neat additions as we look forward to the future.

I felt 13 was far too pacey with the better teams but this years outing is considerably slower; too slow if anything and exhaustively uninspiring with weaker teams. If they kept to a similar pacing like FIFA 12; this game would be finely balanced. Some may argue it is more realistic but even the most avid football fans want more of a flow as this is a game after all and not a 90 minute simulation.

Defending is much easier but attacking is now trickier to master which results in many matches being orchestrated around the midfield. Matches now are tighter than ever particularly on the more challenging difficulty settings.

The presentation is much improved in the menus but the textures in game are still lacking compared to the likes of NBA, Madden and the superb MLB The Show. EA have pushed it to the limit visually and it is still lacking with some poor textures and shoddy stadiums. The cardboard crowd is also back as EA fail to represent football with a convincing matchday feel. Thankfully we see more animations this time around in-game which improves the way players look when they pass and shoot and move around with the ball. The general shooting is much improved and the gameplay feels less scripted but it still is not a giant leap we were hoping for.

Thankfully the next gen version is highly polished with a full 3D crowd, 10x more animations and with vastly improved free-flowing matches; this version will be a huge basis for EA to work from well into the future. The presentation is absolutely superb along with the pace. Overall; FIFA 14 on the 360 and PS3 is an acceptable game which has slight differences but I'd wait for the next gen to really kick off this game for the coming months.
  22. Nov 30, 2013
    I like the game and all but I get very irritated about the first touch because they take the first touch to big. This irritates me very much because Fifa 12 is way better dribbling then Fifa 14.
  23. Dec 11, 2013
    Fifa 14, a mixed bag overall. Admittedly whilst the new features make for a more realistic football game, i found that a lot of the time they made for a less enjoyable game. If i take the global transfer network, for example, it does seem like a more professional way of searching for players however the lack of the ability to search for players by overall rating really hinders the transferFifa 14, a mixed bag overall. Admittedly whilst the new features make for a more realistic football game, i found that a lot of the time they made for a less enjoyable game. If i take the global transfer network, for example, it does seem like a more professional way of searching for players however the lack of the ability to search for players by overall rating really hinders the transfer system in the game. Also just whilst on the subject of transfers i feel, in my experience, that some clubs asked for unrealistic and just plain over the top amounts to sign players. This made it difficult to sign good players without paying through the teeth to get them.

The actual in match football for this game has been slowed down considerably, with more emphasis being put on pressing, controlling the midfield and generally more strategic football. This makes for a more challenging game in my opinion but at the cost of making a love it or hate it play style that will alienate many fifa regulars. The footballing gameplay is more streamlined and realistic, but will make some of the same mistakes previous games would. Some of these include your defenders being caught in no man's land by a single long ball over the top or by the sluggishness of the AI players reacting to loose balls. The most severe of these mistakes in my opinion the fact that your players will constantly be caught offside through a combination of their ineptitude and by the most unrealistic part of the game, good linesmen. These guys could catch you offside if you breathed past the last defender, which although annoying does cut out some of the through ball syndrome previous fifa games had.

The rest of the game i found satisfactory, with menus not necessarily made simpler but organised in a way that allows for quicker navigation when you get used to the system and the usual high amount of fifa customization throughout the rest of the game.

Final verdict: Not a bad way to initiate your fifa experience if new to the franchise, but i wouldn't recommend fifa 13 owners to 'upgrade' unless really into this style of strategic football.
  24. Dec 13, 2013
    Fifa 14 is probably the worst way to follow up the overly-attaching and fun Fifa 13. This game tried to be the perfect Fifa to keep up with Next Gen, and it failed. The game feels much more realistic in that the in game play isn't so focused on the player's speed, which provides more of a fair balance during the gameplay experience. One of the main problems in my opinion about Fifa 14 isFifa 14 is probably the worst way to follow up the overly-attaching and fun Fifa 13. This game tried to be the perfect Fifa to keep up with Next Gen, and it failed. The game feels much more realistic in that the in game play isn't so focused on the player's speed, which provides more of a fair balance during the gameplay experience. One of the main problems in my opinion about Fifa 14 is the (what seems like) lack of effort put into this Current Gen title. When I first went onto the game I immediately looked at the squads and there it was. Mesut Ozil was at Real Madrid and Gareth Bale was at Spurs. Bear in mind that these two players transferred from these clubs over three weeks before the game was released. It speaks volumes.

Fifa 14 provides a perfect balance in general gameplay but feels like a major let down following on from the fantastic Fifa 13.
  25. Jan 20, 2014
    FIFA 14 is a game that has received mixed reviews some positive and a lot that are negative. FIFA 14 on the 360 brings nothing new to the table. It's just FIFA 13 with a new coat of paint. All the games are rigged up the wazoo. Playing ultimate just to score 3 goals and then just to get smacked in the next half. Your just following what EA has planned for that game.
  26. Feb 1, 2015
    Not much different from FIFA 13 but still decent. Yeah, it feels scripted but that's probably just the frustration of losing. Career mode is a bit glitched out because Professional is too easy but World class is too hard. UT is just based mainly on pace. But overall, not too bad.
  27. Sep 29, 2013
    Imagine the best painting in the world. Now imagine that, to spice things up, the creator decided that every few seconds the painting would release tear gas sending viewing the painting into the agony of inflamed eyeballs. Then as they lay there trying to enjoy the painting with their vision blurred from toxic gas. The painting then starts swinging around the room to make the viewingImagine the best painting in the world. Now imagine that, to spice things up, the creator decided that every few seconds the painting would release tear gas sending viewing the painting into the agony of inflamed eyeballs. Then as they lay there trying to enjoy the painting with their vision blurred from toxic gas. The painting then starts swinging around the room to make the viewing experience dynamic and exciting. THATS Fifa 10. The best sports game available. However it's marred by horrible design decisions made to make the game "challenging". Everything thats great about it can and will altered to insure that theres another obstacle in your way so the CPU can keep the game "exciting". You will play 4 games overcoming the common problems but on that 5th game the controls will mysteriously turn to mush. It's like a brand new game. It's that last and greatest level of desperate AI cheating. It will destroy your ability to enjoy the game. They take the core mechanics of the game and make it all unresponsive on purpose. Just think about that. And while you're at it, avoid this game. Collapse Collapse

1. Dec 12, 2013
    In this year's installment FIFA doesn’t take any larger leaps forward. It is still a polished football game for the dedicated fan base. And for the player who doesn’t want to play alone Ultimate Team is probably better than ever. But it is still too bad that EA hasn’t worked more on improving the core mechanics of the game.
  2. Oct 30, 2013
    FIFA 14 pushes the franchise forward in baby steps without providing any major surprises or new “wow” features, yet is still streets ahead of the competition and a must for any footie fan.
  3. Oct 28, 2013
    While I have mixed feelings about EA’s perch on this lucrative pedestal, it’s hard to to argue that the EA Canada team hasn’t earned it, and doesn’t continue to earn it, by delivering a game that really does feel better, really does feel different, every year, even if you have to be an avid player of the game to really appreciate how.