FIFA Soccer 08 Xbox 360

7.9

1. yuvalToren
    Jul 23, 2008
    I find that the AI literally cheats. It will give itself possession after the ball clearly goes out off of one of its own players. It will call fouls on me indiscriminately while almost never calling a foul on itself, which is especially frustrating considering (a) that I have absolutely no way of controlling whether or not my tackle is a foul, and (b) the AI's tackles are oftenI find that the AI literally cheats. It will give itself possession after the ball clearly goes out off of one of its own players. It will call fouls on me indiscriminately while almost never calling a foul on itself, which is especially frustrating considering (a) that I have absolutely no way of controlling whether or not my tackle is a foul, and (b) the AI's tackles are often incredibly vicious with no ball contact and are (almost) never called. The Ai is also essentially impossible to tackle; your player just runs alongside the AI player until he decides to pass. I do not have XBOX Live, so I can't say anything about the online multiplayer, but the single player modes are extremely frustrating due to the terribly programmed AI. Expand

1. FIFA 08 is the most playable version of the series yet in the next-gen era--including a cool Superstar-like mode--but ghosts of old gameplay still haunt this release. [Oct 2007, p.110]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    While the on-field action feels sluggish and unresponsive at first, you soon learn to work with the pace of the game and play it like you would the sport, rather than just the videogame. [Nov 2007, p.107]
  3. The infrastructure is definitely in place for a corker of a kickabout but the important thing - that intangible soul - is still frustratingly missing.