7.5

1. Sep 28, 2010
    Fifa beats PES every time with its different gameplay and passing. As for the passing i thought it was way to easy score in fifa 10 sumfing that you would call ping pong passing with you just pass and pass one touch passing cheating really. Fifa 11 i am impressed with all new Carrear Mode the menu's look much more better, i like how you can put your own music and chants into the game.Fifa beats PES every time with its different gameplay and passing. As for the passing i thought it was way to easy score in fifa 10 sumfing that you would call ping pong passing with you just pass and pass one touch passing cheating really. Fifa 11 i am impressed with all new Carrear Mode the menu's look much more better, i like how you can put your own music and chants into the game. Keepers are much more intelligent and defenders make it harder score, although you can score some brillant goals no doubt Expand
  2. Oct 1, 2010
    @JudgeMental: the game will not run anywhere near well unless you download the game onto a hard drive? You can do this on xbox 360? Your review is insane. You are awesome because you are so insane. I give you a 9/10 for insanity.
  3. Oct 1, 2010
    (10) FIFA 11 is the best football game that's ever been slid into a disc-drive. It's the definitive football game. Everyone should play this amazing game.
  4. Oct 2, 2010
    Having not played since Fifa97 but a very active gamer, I picked up played Fifa10, Fifa World Cup, and Fifa 11 within a few months of each other. Overall, this was a great experience for me, but Fifa is not a perfect game, perfect interface, or perfect experience. However the options, variety, polish, and feel of the core mechanic makes it a great game.

It is a general year of "hardening"

It is a general year of "hardening" instead of big features, but that pays off in spades, in my opinion. The passing and challenging for the ball is A LOT more crisp. Chipping the keeper really only should be done now when it is required, which is not that frequent at all. Playing in the MLS in a Career is a lot more fluid and understandable. The "Be A Pro" feels a lot better IFF you realize what you are doing when you chose a team (you need to ensure the position you chose for your BAP exists on the team, or you will be benched all the time). And best, for me, is the fact that the game just flows a lot closer to a soccer game than a video game, for me. One player CAN make a difference, but role players is what the team needs, and makes the game great, especially for Be a Pro (if you chose a view other than the default -- yuk! Broadcast zoomed in to 1/4 all the way for me). As a new player returning to the series, there are LOTS of hurdles to overcome in the interface before games, however. The menu structure is just cluttered, period. There is just so much going on and so many different game types that the menu tree is daunting. If you are looking for how to do moves, which aren't described anywhere sensible, good luck looking for and finding those buried WAY down in the controller screen... somewhere. When choosing a Career, you can choose ANY team which is just really open ended, and not inline with the offerings from the other EA games. This leaves some American gamers I have seen to wonder why you have it at all, as there are no "Minors" to play in. There appears to be no progression, but I have not played long enough to know what progression there is. However, if you are not looking to play in the EPL, and just want to play in the MLS, there is nothing other than playing in the MLS. There are TOO many nuisances to passing, lobbing, crossing, shooting, and "playing your position" that casual players are just going to be turned off if they really aren't into soccer. In a basketball game, you can just pick up and play. I would argue that is no where near true in the Fifa series, and really just alienates new players. New players just want to score, as is seen online, and that is really not what this game is about. However, if you can stumble your way through the non-linear interface and make it into a game, you find a very rich and rewarding experience. The animations and players just feel A LOT smoother, refined, and purposeful than they did in Fifa 10. The games feel more alive, and as of now for me, there aren't a lot of cheap ways to score, especially if you move the difficulty up above Pro. The scoring is more about build up, crosses matter, and playing an air game at times. And in the air, there seems to be a lot more differences in players, and plays better, in the time that I have played, making crosses more useful.

Overall, this is a great game for people who want to play soccer. There are online roster updates, and active community, and just lots of people playing. Being able to play 11 vs 11 sounds great, but I really feel for anyone playing Goalie ;) While I haven't had a lot or really any online time with the game, the main career mode and Be a Pro mode really speaks a lot more to me with the compression of the main Career types this year making this a must buy, and a superior game to me, over Fifa 2010 (which was a great game).

Thanks, EA!

- brian
  5. Oct 11, 2010
    By far the best instalment of the FIFA series to date. I'm yet to encounter any bugs or errors with the game. The gameplay is fantastic and with every instalment, EA manage to make it more realistic and every year it gets closer to an actual game of football. A fantastic game.
  6. Oct 11, 2010
    FIFA 11 is the best YET like every new iteration is. I don't see how a previous FIFA is better than a new one. FIFA keeps improving each year in terms of gameplay amongst a whole lot of other things. Ignore the naysayers their probably PES fans trying to bash the game, they should buy lives. The Personality+ is evident and has effect in the gameplay, the gameplay is very FUN! You don'tFIFA 11 is the best YET like every new iteration is. I don't see how a previous FIFA is better than a new one. FIFA keeps improving each year in terms of gameplay amongst a whole lot of other things. Ignore the naysayers their probably PES fans trying to bash the game, they should buy lives. The Personality+ is evident and has effect in the gameplay, the gameplay is very FUN! You don't have any other soccer choice, PES 2011 is still not better, so do yourself a favor and GET FIFA 11! Expand
  7. Oct 13, 2010
    The best football game I have played ever bar none, I prefer the xbox over the ps3 but this game is great on both consoles, also shows PES as a poor game with little depth and no real detail, a must for any true football fan.
  8. Oct 1, 2010
    FIFA 11 has the full package. It has loads of teams no matter which league you have, you have the option to choose one player you want to play and not just play for the whole team; Menus are easy to navigate, great tutorials, There are lots of customisation tools to have, including create a player and a new team as well. The weather is realistic, (although the rain graphics make theFIFA 11 has the full package. It has loads of teams no matter which league you have, you have the option to choose one player you want to play and not just play for the whole team; Menus are easy to navigate, great tutorials, There are lots of customisation tools to have, including create a player and a new team as well. The weather is realistic, (although the rain graphics make the raindrops look like hailstones) but the biggest improvement is the ability to be a goalkeeper. I've remembered playing as goalie back in the NHL series, especially NHL 09. Although the music may be poor, the excessive creativity backs it up where you can put your own music tracks onto the EA Trax selection. Also, the Everton away kit is even pinker than last time! But anyway, FIFA 11 is the ideal game for sports lovers, especially those who like association football, or video games. Expand
  9. Sep 30, 2010
    Was eagerly anticipating the latest Fifa variant. After playing it for a day key out-takes are; Passing greatly improved (no ping-pong anymore), but not as awkward as the demo. Personality plus is quite noticeable and well implemented. Gripes...
    Online experience still needs work- underlying foundation code remains largely unchanged, games hang often during online play requiring a console reset/exit to dashboard. Too big a focus on online clubs and leagues. Commentary largely untouched in the past 3 editions + 1 World Cup edition.

Overall though? A great iteration, yes the best Fifa made so far. Underlying physics and player behaviours feel awesome and fluid. Personality + and new game modes and features keeping me entertained also. Career mode match sim engine very good.

No regrets and worth the purchase. Another step in the right direction, but some obvious overlooks still.
  10. Oct 5, 2010
    This game is like a well placed strike in the top corner of the net, in other words it's pure quality.The game play is silky smooth,animations are very realistic there are only a few negatives though,some of the player models could have used some more work,the goalkeeping mode can be a hit or miss and some rare AI issues.But overall this edition of Fifa is the best yet and in my opinionThis game is like a well placed strike in the top corner of the net, in other words it's pure quality.The game play is silky smooth,animations are very realistic there are only a few negatives though,some of the player models could have used some more work,the goalkeeping mode can be a hit or miss and some rare AI issues.But overall this edition of Fifa is the best yet and in my opinion THE BEST SOCCER GAME EVER MADE!!!! Expand
  11. Sep 29, 2010
    Best Fifa game ever, in fact it is the best sports game. There are significant refinments to FIFA 10, which was already an awesome game

It is interesting that the players on the cover are injured - Kaka is out for 4 months and Rooney is out for 3 months
  12. Nov 1, 2010
    In short: the best football game ever made. This year's FIFA has taken everything that was good from the last game, and tweaked it further in terms of gameplay and presentation. I know it's a cliche, but when playing this game it looks so much like the real thing. The pro player gameplay is also an excellent addition, as it seems to have killed the 'ping-pong' pass without looking tacticIn short: the best football game ever made. This year's FIFA has taken everything that was good from the last game, and tweaked it further in terms of gameplay and presentation. I know it's a cliche, but when playing this game it looks so much like the real thing. The pro player gameplay is also an excellent addition, as it seems to have killed the 'ping-pong' pass without looking tactic that plagued the game last year. This and an improved AI means FIFA 11's gameplay is fantastic.
    However there are concerns over the game modes such as career mode, which although its improved from last year, its still nowhere near perfect, and can feel repetitive and boring through extended play. The 'be a goalkeeper' however is a welcome addition, and will satisfy many real life goalkeepers. Online is ok, but a lot of the time the connection is poor and as a result can spoil the online experience. The online friends lobby is great however, and is a great multi-player feature.
    Overall this is by far the best football game for a complete experience, and i definitely recommend it to all football and gaming fans.
  13. Jun 13, 2011
    Hands down best football (soccer for you yanks) game ever made. Fifa 12 is already looking like it's even better, so Metacritic best make an "11" score for me.
  14. Jul 26, 2011
    I have given this game a 9 as it is everything you look for soccer product. It has the appropriate attention to detail in the players, kits and stadia. I have enjoyed playing this game both offline and online. The ranking system is ideal. The game would have achieved a 10, if small items had of been present, such as a name search in ultimate team, to save time and effort. Also the onlineI have given this game a 9 as it is everything you look for soccer product. It has the appropriate attention to detail in the players, kits and stadia. I have enjoyed playing this game both offline and online. The ranking system is ideal. The game would have achieved a 10, if small items had of been present, such as a name search in ultimate team, to save time and effort. Also the online play seems to have a few glitches, wether it is caused by connection or poor security, i don't know. I advise you purchase the game. its great fun and sociable. Expand
  15. Aug 11, 2011
    FIFA is the absolute football simulation for any fan or casual gamer. The game has come a long way and beat competition long time now. The gameplay is extraordinary with passing feeling better and smoother than ever. Online matches run perfectly and makes you come back for more.
  16. Oct 5, 2011
    Fifa 11 is a great game because I have played it before it is very releastic and the way you can curl the ball when you shoot also you can get injuries which is good overall Fifa 11 is worth all the money you pay for this game
  17. Jul 22, 2013
    FIFA 11 is any doubt the best FIFA game I have ever played. This was also the 1st FIFA game I have played online the game play is so smooth and realistic. FIFA Ultimate Team is fantastic, this game mode is playable to any FIFA fans. The best thing with Ultimate Team is that the best players to get have the highest overall ratings which is excellent no one would want EA handicap it wouldFIFA 11 is any doubt the best FIFA game I have ever played. This was also the 1st FIFA game I have played online the game play is so smooth and realistic. FIFA Ultimate Team is fantastic, this game mode is playable to any FIFA fans. The best thing with Ultimate Team is that the best players to get have the highest overall ratings which is excellent no one would want EA handicap it would make the game unplayable. An example of an Ultimate Team I had which was great was an inform La Liga Team and I won almost every game which proved that there was no EA handicap. Offline is very good as well, it's similar in ways to Online mode were the best overall rated players are the best players to use. The shooting and passing feels very comfortable to me because passing seems to play out very well and the shooting online and offline feel realistic, what's realistic with the shooting is that it is not easy or hard to score goals. The difficulty of scoring goals is about right. FIFA 11 just did everything well, if you're looking a football/soccer game that you will enjoy this game is worth picking up. Expand

1. Feb 7, 2011
    FIFA 11 really is the ultimate soccer experience and any fan would do well to give this game a play. New improvements to the gameplay mechanics make this years iteration even more appealing than the last.
  2. Jan 16, 2011
    Year after year FIFA 11 is getting a little better. EA has made probably the perfect football game with FIFA 11.
    FIFA 11 is a rock solid football game that in many ways nudges the gameplay in the right direction. But the developers should have a look at their Madden-colleagues, as FIFA needs to rediscover itself in many of the aspects that don't directly influence the gameplay, so the yearly update doesn't just become business as usual. The goal every year is to come as close to the real football experience as possible, and you only get that when you show and understand the drama outside of the pitch, too.