7.4

1. Aug 9, 2012
    This game was the worst fifa yet in terms of support from EA and updates. The lagging server issues were never fixed, and the b button pressure was worse than ever. Fifa 12 is a huge step up from this truly awful game.
  2. Feb 18, 2012
    This game was a disaster in my opinion. I got this game hoping for improvements from the shabby FIFA 10 effort by EA Sports, however it was better by the tiniest bit. The music was slightly more appealing however nothing which you would want to listen to all over again. The bigger variety of things commentated on made the gameplay time I had slightly larger. Ultimate Team made free wasThis game was a disaster in my opinion. I got this game hoping for improvements from the shabby FIFA 10 effort by EA Sports, however it was better by the tiniest bit. The music was slightly more appealing however nothing which you would want to listen to all over again. The bigger variety of things commentated on made the gameplay time I had slightly larger. Ultimate Team made free was good however I do not see what the big thing is about Ultimate Team. WOW, create your own team with your choice of kit and your choice of stadium and play against other people, what an absolutely stupid thing to waste your time on. This is the game that has made me realise not to buy FIFAs from now on and I am sure it is the same with many more people. The Be A Keeper mode is the dullest yet in FIFA and provides you with more boredom than you would have if you were on the Main Menu. Expand
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Possibly one of the most buggy games you will ever get. At first glance the game looks fantastic as the graphics are brilliant but you can't judge a book by it's cover. Career mode is fair enough but there has been no advance in increasing its features... instead there is no scouting, no youth system and no staff. It makes playability a weak factor as no youth system means poor old playersPossibly one of the most buggy games you will ever get. At first glance the game looks fantastic as the graphics are brilliant but you can't judge a book by it's cover. Career mode is fair enough but there has been no advance in increasing its features... instead there is no scouting, no youth system and no staff. It makes playability a weak factor as no youth system means poor old players in the future. There are also a few misses on EA's part as they failed to include the first name of players in their bios. Very small but noticeable and in the long run quite an irritating mistake. Also the constant e-mails from assistant managers telling you a player is tired or a player is playing well... yes we all have eyes we can see this mr assistant.
    Obviously the career mode isn't the end of the problems. I noticed that the new Be A Pro: Goalkeeper is a new addition to FIFA and what a pointless addition it is. First of all being a goalkeeper is insanely boring and playing as your pro against the computer basically consists of you watching a very amateurish match which usually ends 0-0 with your pro getting a rating of around 5. Also the Be A Pro online game mode 'Team Play' has been ruined by this Be A Goalkeeper as the matches only consist of goalkeepers running around the pitch while players tap the ball into an open goal. Pointless.
    One of the ideas that I've prized EA on is the Pro Clubs game mode. An absolutely fantastic idea of incorporating your pros into online play with friends. The only problem with this idea is... the execution. EA Servers must be insanely weak as every Pro Clubs match is generally laggy. There is also the nuisance of "Sync Lag" which involves one player going out of sync with the rest meaning their player reacts about 3 seconds after what is being shown on the screen. There are also not enough cups in Pro Clubs to make "Cup Matches" a worthwhile option. Also the ranking system in Pro Clubs is faulty. Instead of going by Pro level it goes by Team Level so if you're a team of rated 78 Pros with a ranked 2000xp team against a team of rated 90 Pros with 200xp and you lose... you lose a good 100xp even though they have the better players. Stupid. Also for those not wanting to "Be A Goalkeeper" in Pro Clubs you have to deal with the absolutely dreadful AI controlling the keeper who lets in just about any shot at any angle which proves to be extremely annoying. Yes it would also be annoying to make the goalkeepers unstoppable but even just able to make at least one save would be nice... Finally a couple of bugs in gameplay... Yes! The list continues! I'm not done pounding Fifa 11 for it's hundreds of errors. The referees in the game are atrocious. The strictness gradient of lenient refs to strict refs is absurd. One game a ref will tell off a player for a red card offense and in the next he will send off a player for a standing tackle. No advantage from offsides at all: if the opponents are called offside and you have the ball in a decent position don't even think about continuing that ball is being brought right back! Oh and one more little thing, one time I went to update my squads from online... and every player's name was replaced by a randomly generated Spanish name except.. from Agger. That might just be my luck though and it was moderately humorous so I'll let that one go.
    However after the game being out for nearly a year now and I'm still playing it then it definitely must have some very good game dynamics... or it might just be there are no other decent online multiplayer games to play. Oops... sorry Call of Duty and Halo!
  4. Jun 2, 2011
    in my opinion i think fifa has took a step backwards and released a unfinished game even to this day has not had a patch or any of the problems fixed i believe fifa 10 was a better all round game and a better experience. the single player becomes boring and repetitive ultimate team is pointless ass you have people duplicating cards to get ahead and noting is done to stop them doing this soin my opinion i think fifa has took a step backwards and released a unfinished game even to this day has not had a patch or any of the problems fixed i believe fifa 10 was a better all round game and a better experience. the single player becomes boring and repetitive ultimate team is pointless ass you have people duplicating cards to get ahead and noting is done to stop them doing this so what is the point in spending lots of time getting the team you want for some one to have a better hacked team. my biggest complaint about this game is clubs i loved clubs on fifa 10 and played it till the day before fifa 11 release but there are countless problems on 11 namely the lag/button lag and its not just me its lots of people i play with to i mean fifa is the only game i get lag on and im on 50meg fibre optics also the a.i positioning is awful im sick of seeing 2/3 opposition strikers through on goal get close to the keeper then pull it back across goal for the open net it happens way too many times but it never happened on 10 and pro passing your having a laugh its hardly changed you can still ping pong pass and i will be getting fifa 12 but if its not been improved a hell of a lot it will go back the same week. Expand
  5. Apr 23, 2011
    the worst fifa i've ever played since i started buying them. SO full of problems. The matches are nowhere near as fluent as previous fifa's. Massive disappointment.
  6. Nov 30, 2010
    A game which had the potential to be so much better than it is.

A game which had the potential to be so much better than it is.

The ideas were all good - online it was too easy to score with 1-2's all the way up the pitch, this was to be addressed with 'pro passing'; career mode was decent, but every game felt the same, other club's never bought players, etc; Be a Pro was limited to only 4 seasons, so this was to be combined with career mode to allow for 15 seasons with the option to be a player, player-manager or just manager. Unfortunately, many things were broken and even removed in this process. There is now no depth whatsoever to career mode as they removed the staff upgrades and also the scouting network. Player growth is also broken as young players will now actually drop in rating no matter how much or how well they play. Be a Pro is unplayable as your teammates run around like headless chickens running into the opposition and refusing to shoot.

Online, well head to head is who can abuse the flaws in the game the most. While the 1-2 'ping pong' passing no longer exists, players can now player killer lobbed through balls which completely evade your defence and play them one on one. The game also more resembles a game of rugby with the stronger players literally wrestling other players off the ball. Clubs is full of lag which makes it unplayable.

In response to these problems EA released a patch which didn't actually fix anything. As of writing this review (around 2 weeks after the patch was released) they have gone into hiding and are completely ignoring us on these issues. They are only responding to those topics they want to like ultimate team which generates more money for them.

In summary, when playing you get the feeling of a great game, however there are a lot of bugs and missing features which completely ruin it. My advice would be to ignore all the critic's reviews as they are completely biased towards fifa for the sole purpose of money-making.

For the record, I have played fifa since 98 and have never owned a version of PES.

I refer you to the fifa forum where you can read some of the posts from other unhappy customers to see beyond all these false reviews: http://forum.ea.com/uk/forums/show/34.page

Don't make the same mistake I and so many others did.
  7. Oct 11, 2010
    I reviewed this as a 10 at first but gradually I have found more and more problems with this game. The "all new" career mode has even less depth than ever before, no youth system, no scouting, no picking backroom staff. Annoying e-mails from your assistant manager telling you that you have spotted a good player almost all the time. I KNOW THATS WHY I BOUGHT HIM!

Micro freezing still hasnt

Micro freezing still hasnt been fixed. Player growth is poorly thought out, Lower league teams have all the kits and names but plain goalkeeper shirts. Why have they been so lazy as to exclude goalkeeper shirts? Instead opting to just a give a plain shirt wth no sponsor or badge.

Pro clubs online has had a server update and more servers added but it still hasnt fixed anything. That mode doesnt work.

Personality + is a BAD thing. You cannot have a competitive game that throws in so many random elements. The AI on your team sometimes randomly decides to stick a foot in with bad timing without you controlling it and get a player sent off for a menial challenge. For this next one fan boys will say "oh well get better duh" At times the passing is ridiculous, I will be stood with no pressure on me in an open space and all the time in the world, press A to then pass to a player right next to me and sometimes it has passed in completely the opposite direction because a players personality in real life will suggest that he is not good at passing. If Im playing a fighting game and I tell my character to hit a punch and the computer says "sometimes in real life this guy misses this particular punch so I will make this punch go out wide and miss his face" I wouldnt play it competitively. Fighting in real life is down to me controlling the situation. Football in real life is the same. It may seem random when looking at it but the way it is controlled is not random. A game needs to do what its told otherwise it basically renders a strategy or skill useless because it may or may not decide to do it. This is not realistic. My leg doesnt randomly decide to pass in the opposite direction to where my brain tells it in real life. Random environment events in a game work, randomising character controlled actions do not.

This glitch happens everytime I play a friends league online. For example I pick Marseille as my team in the league. I then play head to head matches after I finish the league and pick Chelsea. My team and shirt are chelsea but if I go to team management it will have the Marseille team list. Go to start game with this and you will have a Marseille player in a chelsea shirt in the arena and then your game will freeze after about 6 seconds. This happens 90% of the time.

If you do get a pro clubs game then your randomised team mates that arent pros probably wouldnt even be fit to play in League 2. They are easily out paced and muscled off the ball and so virtual pros stand out from the pack and can stroll through creating unrealistic high scoring games for both sides a lot of the time. This is after only a few weeks of the games release. Imagine what this is like towards the end of the season when the random AI players havnt grown with the virtual pros and the pros are now all much better than even Terry, Puyol, Messi or Ozil with 98% of the accomplishments complete! Its pointless. Im only on 30% and my pro is already better than half Chelsea or Man Utds players.

What is good about this game? Well the keepers are fixed and I have scored only 1 lobbed goal and nobody has against me so thats not too easy. The actually gameplay is alright in terms of physics. Graphics are better than last year. Ummm, I can pick my own chants. Oh wait no I cant because if you create your own chants apparently the game cant deal with it and freezes.

In all honestly now having played this game more I wish I hadnt wasted my money. Ive spent more time restarting my console with all the glitches and freezing than I have actually playing the thing. Apparently there is a fix on the way but I feel for people who play offline when a developer relies so heavily on updates they cant be bothered to test a game. I remember when online updates didnt exist and games had to be released in working order.
  8. Oct 10, 2010
    As has become customary with EA's Fifa the initial wow factor soon gives way to the realisation that the game has the usual endemic flaws ranging from the mildly annoying to the game breaking. It is staggering that EA can continuously release a game that is clearly unfinished and where game modes are riddled with bugs. The new concept of Career Mode, hardly a groundbreaking mode in itself,As has become customary with EA's Fifa the initial wow factor soon gives way to the realisation that the game has the usual endemic flaws ranging from the mildly annoying to the game breaking. It is staggering that EA can continuously release a game that is clearly unfinished and where game modes are riddled with bugs. The new concept of Career Mode, hardly a groundbreaking mode in itself, is severely let down by the amount of basic glitches affecting player growth which pretty much renders the mode redundant to name but one. Online the game is a mess.

I was initially very impressed with the gameplay as it is definitely more of a challenge this year. However, even here the more i play the game the more i am getting fed up with the hackneyed way in which some of the players behave. Offline the AI of the player controlled teams suffers terribly from a badly designed switching system as mentioned by JudgeMental. This seems to occur regardless of whether you have it set to auto or manual. This gets you into all sorts of problems when trying to do some basic defending as you aren't able to move your defenders into position quick enough to deal with basic through balls and crosses. As the CPU AI has improved considerably (which is one of the good things about Fifa 11) you end up coughing up goals simply due to the fact that you can't get your own players to compete for the ball. The CPU AI will actively intervene to intercept loose passes whereas the players you control stand around looking at the ball and don't seem to have the capacity to stick out a leg to try and gain possession. Trying to win a header from a goal kick seems impossible for these reasons although, strangely this doesn't seem to affect going for headers in the penalty box which forms the most likely route to goal due to the AI defenders, no matter what club they play for, being able to brush you off the ball effortlessly if you try just about anything on the ground.

There are some gameplay improvements and i do respect the fact that EA has tried to tighten up the obvious exploits from previous iterations which always lead to the same route to goal. These were absolutely necessary and it is commendable that EA has striven to make the game more realistic by eliminating things such as the oft maligned 'ping pong passing'. However, it appears to me that this has been poorly executed and has all the obvious signs of being rushed onto the shelves without adequate testing. The bugs affecting Career Mode are particularly galling when you consider the atrocious Manager Mode from FIFA 10, which EA did not fix. To repeat this with FIFA 11 is unacceptable.
  9. Oct 7, 2010
    I have given this title a negative review for the simple reason that it contains lots of bugs and in the 3 days that I have owned the game, has already frozen around 10 times online and offline. EA advertised Fifa 11 with the feature of 'Pro Passing', which I would change to Selective passing. The passes can be more manual than before and that would live up to its name but I would put theI have given this title a negative review for the simple reason that it contains lots of bugs and in the 3 days that I have owned the game, has already frozen around 10 times online and offline. EA advertised Fifa 11 with the feature of 'Pro Passing', which I would change to Selective passing. The passes can be more manual than before and that would live up to its name but I would put the same power on a pass and it would try to make a pass in the opposite direction. I have to give Fifa 11 some credit for the way the players look more like their counter-parts than ever, but I think they have taken out the individuality in the players movement. I have always been a great fan of Fifa since PES 4 but they seem to have taken a step back this year with less real life movements. I have given it a few points for the better interface and navigation around the links on the game and I also think it was a good choice by EA to join Be a Pro and Manager mode into Career Mode. Overall I have rated this 3 because of the amount of bugs in the game. I was also very disappointed to find out that the 45 games that I had played so far had been reset because of hackers, cheating their way to the top of the leaderboards, the online ranking point reset only really affected the non-hackers anyway, as the people responsible are still at the top of the leaderboard and EA are no closer to stopping the problem which has cost all of the people who earned the points. Expand
  10. Oct 7, 2010
    Very poor version, unplayable, full lags on online mode, lot of bugs and gliches. Dont buy it ! Till now nobody is online, servers are extreamly lagged. Offline mode is broken and every game looks same. No tacticks at all.

Thanks
  11. Sep 30, 2010
    One of the worst installments yet. FIFA 11 manages to make everything more complicated while fixing few of the problems that have plagued the series. The AI is still terrible, players have no desire to grab loose balls or make obvious runs. The auto-switch is worse than in FIFA 10, leaving players less control over an already erratic system. Career mode now is clogged with three times asOne of the worst installments yet. FIFA 11 manages to make everything more complicated while fixing few of the problems that have plagued the series. The AI is still terrible, players have no desire to grab loose balls or make obvious runs. The auto-switch is worse than in FIFA 10, leaving players less control over an already erratic system. Career mode now is clogged with three times as many menu items and still cuts features, such as the ability to sort possible transfers by asking price. Finally, I have already discovered terminal bugs, meaning that EA managed not to realize how much trouble they caused in FIFA 10 by not giving a crap about QA. Also, it's good that they included the ability to mess with sound, because their song selections are horrid again this year.

Tips: The game will not run anywhere near well unless you download the game onto a hard drive, the load times are killer, especially in career mode. Also, become good friends with your TV mute button. Minimum screen size to read the tiny text is 28 inches, HD required.

Looking forward to dozens of painful experiences before returning the game for a full refund? No, then avoid this game.

1. Feb 7, 2011
    FIFA 11 really is the ultimate soccer experience and any fan would do well to give this game a play. New improvements to the gameplay mechanics make this years iteration even more appealing than the last.
  2. Jan 16, 2011
    Year after year FIFA 11 is getting a little better. EA has made probably the perfect football game with FIFA 11.
    FIFA 11 is a rock solid football game that in many ways nudges the gameplay in the right direction. But the developers should have a look at their Madden-colleagues, as FIFA needs to rediscover itself in many of the aspects that don't directly influence the gameplay, so the yearly update doesn't just become business as usual. The goal every year is to come as close to the real football experience as possible, and you only get that when you show and understand the drama outside of the pitch, too.