6.0

1. Sep 25, 2012
    they could at least change the engine! this game is like CoD, except it has no competition and thus, no one complains about it being the same over and over
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Massively disappointed! The 'first touch' feature provides a 'touch' that seems somewhat overkill. The AI is lacking the 'intelligence', as the game is so riddled with misplaced passes, through balls when no through ball was pressed, etc etc. You would never see a premier league football team **** and misplace as often as they do throughout this version of Fifa.
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    A very bad game. When you're playing the computer the only way they make it harder is by making everything go against you (such as decisions, poor first touches, rubbish passes, awful luck in front of goal.) Another point is how when you're online the game clearly chooses which player to favour. One game I can play and all of what I try comes off without fail but in the next nothing seemsA very bad game. When you're playing the computer the only way they make it harder is by making everything go against you (such as decisions, poor first touches, rubbish passes, awful luck in front of goal.) Another point is how when you're online the game clearly chooses which player to favour. One game I can play and all of what I try comes off without fail but in the next nothing seems to work! I've spoke to a few friends about this bullsh*t and they agree. I think that KSI (YouTube guy) has made points about the game being "scripted" and I can see what he means. Surely the people who are reading this can agree? In other news, career has minor improvements but it's still too bland to be any fun. Ultimate Team has had it's day, it's now very boring and Pro Clubs still sucks. EA Sports NEEDS some decent opposition, or we're doomed. Expand
  4. Sep 27, 2012
    The main problem for me is that we are paying 59 bucks for the same game. There is no difference at all between 12 and 13, it is the exactly same game with the updated licenses.
  5. Oct 5, 2012
    I wish this game had some competition because right now it has NONE and EA knows it. The first touch is BAD, It's a good idea and does change the way the game is played, but when you have players like Messi, Iniesta and Xavi mis-controlling first touches to the extent that you'd expect from players from League 1 teams such as Tranmere, It ruins the game.
  6. Sep 30, 2012
    FIFA 13 is another poorly made cash grab with cheap graphics and nothing new to offer, basically a blatant remake of the other games. The other thing good about it is it's soundtrack, but not even the soundtrack can save it from being a waste of gaming technology.
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    Between the new silly first touch system,the amount of missed placed passes and through balls that happen in one match i don't know which is the worst and also the players feel like they are stuck in mud when trying to move with the ball.FIFA has gone back 3 or 4 years with this years edition
  8. Sep 25, 2012
    Unfortunately FIFA 13 suffers from the same online play that it's predassor had before. It is like playing two completely different games online and offline. Offline is fun challenging and makes the game as good as it can be. Online however is a different story the game is slow the computers are less intelligent do not make runs and preform unnatural moves. The seasons mode is a niceUnfortunately FIFA 13 suffers from the same online play that it's predassor had before. It is like playing two completely different games online and offline. Offline is fun challenging and makes the game as good as it can be. Online however is a different story the game is slow the computers are less intelligent do not make runs and preform unnatural moves. The seasons mode is a nice change however the gameplay still is not right. Take call of duty for example the same gameplay feel offlline as it is online, FIFA just simply misses the mark.

Offline 9/10
    Online 4/10
  9. Sep 28, 2012
    This game would be a 10, if only EA coders could be able to .... code, properly.
    I think this is the most buggiest FIFA ever, and probably one of the buggiest videogame ever released.
    After paying 50 Euro for this crap I am totally unsatisfied: ultimate team players who get a red card become banned forever you get cards to recover from injuries but none of your players will ever get an
    After paying 50 Euro for this crap I am totally unsatisfied:
    ultimate team players who get a red card become banned forever
    you get cards to recover from injuries but none of your players will ever get an injury
    auction house is totally broken, giving a new error almost every day

If they can fix all these bugs this vote could grow, untill then you can save your money!
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    Ok what numb nut idiot thought this game is football?I switched from (pes) to this crap?Pes sux and so does this.Why?players are two Fkn slow you have to make decisions before you even see them.Goalkeepers got cat like reflexes in front of goal,within a meter they seem to miraculously save a shot from messi 4 out of 5 times,that is ridiculous.While they watch a cross that they could diveOk what numb nut idiot thought this game is football?I switched from (pes) to this crap?Pes sux and so does this.Why?players are two Fkn slow you have to make decisions before you even see them.Goalkeepers got cat like reflexes in front of goal,within a meter they seem to miraculously save a shot from messi 4 out of 5 times,that is ridiculous.While they watch a cross that they could dive for,end up on a header and into the goal.For the Pes fans,DO not buy this crap if you think you will find something better.This is in no way football fifa just plain sux,but its one of the only options for football fans. Expand
  11. Sep 29, 2012
    No Croatia national team?? I expected this from KONAMI, but not from EA! I guess that this year I will change Fifa for PES. Whats next? Removal of Italy, Germany? So lame.
  12. Sep 28, 2012
    the game features are very good but consequently its slower than the last fifa 12 and most importantly i encountered loads of freezes throughout the game which is so annoying.
  13. Oct 1, 2012
    The Good: Overall the games 'feels' more realistic - an improved impact engine, better first touches, tighter graphics and an overall feel that you are more in control. At least from my first impressions, there is little evidence to accuse this game of featuring many of the 'scripted' elements evident in previous years' incarnations.

The Bad: Where do I start? In a word, this game was

The Bad: Where do I start? In a word, this game was released unfinished on an unwitting public. H2H seasons are unplayable. I have about a 1 in 10 chance of connecting to an opponent, then when I do connect, I have around a 60% chance of being stuck in the pre-game arena, forcing me to exit to the dashboard. The frequent squad updates also have a high chance of freeing my Xbox completely, forcing me to reboot.

Numerous other errors have been identified in the Career mode - lost saves and the inability to progress past the first season, invisible players and phantom transfers - as well as Ultimate Team. One glance at the wall on EA Sports' official FIFA 13 Facebook page will confirm all of this and more.

One has to wonder how the gaming publications didn't identify any of these game breaking flaws when they reviewed the game. At best, they clearly didn't play enough modes for enough time, at worst, its just another example of the 'high scores for concessions' deals that render industry publications useless.

All in all, then, FIFA 13 isn't like MW3 which was a badly designed game; moreover, it is probably the best entry in the series in terms of gameplay, but a new low for EA in terms of treating their customers like dirt.
  14. Oct 4, 2012
    Fifa 13 is so terrible one thing i cannot stand is the amount of freezes. EA should buy a better server to handle network capacity and stop being cheap (It literary could take an individual up to 20 minutes just to find an opponent to play online). Secondly, the first touch is just pathetic and unrealistic, third the the glitches, I don't know if anyone has ever experienced the "GhostFifa 13 is so terrible one thing i cannot stand is the amount of freezes. EA should buy a better server to handle network capacity and stop being cheap (It literary could take an individual up to 20 minutes just to find an opponent to play online). Secondly, the first touch is just pathetic and unrealistic, third the the glitches, I don't know if anyone has ever experienced the "Ghost Glitch" were you basically play against invincible players. I experienced it and was so close to snapping my game into half, its so annoying because if you quit EA obviously gives you the lose so you have no option than to play against ghost players SMH. This game is just an epic failure. Expand
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    I buy fifa every 2nd year, because it would be waste your money to buy it every year. I am disappointed in this game. It has a good presentation at the start of the game, and I guess gameplay is ok. What irritates me is that the crowd animations are so bad, and that for the past few years of fifa, they have kept the celebration after a cup victory the same. Where is the imagination?I buy fifa every 2nd year, because it would be waste your money to buy it every year. I am disappointed in this game. It has a good presentation at the start of the game, and I guess gameplay is ok. What irritates me is that the crowd animations are so bad, and that for the past few years of fifa, they have kept the celebration after a cup victory the same. Where is the imagination? Why do we pay so much for the same stuff? If you have a previous fifa, keep it. Don't buy this.... Expand
  16. Sep 30, 2012
    I bought this on release day and have already got rid of it! I got fifa 12 last year and thought that was poor, I downloaded the fifa 13 demo and thought it was good..... however after buying it I realised there is a big difference between the demo and the actual game! Why? Its slow, boring and just the same as fifa 12. Fifa 09 and 10 for me where the best ones! But this is just crap! ForI bought this on release day and have already got rid of it! I got fifa 12 last year and thought that was poor, I downloaded the fifa 13 demo and thought it was good..... however after buying it I realised there is a big difference between the demo and the actual game! Why? Its slow, boring and just the same as fifa 12. Fifa 09 and 10 for me where the best ones! But this is just crap! For example trying to make this game realistic .... is making it un realistic and not fun, afterall its a video game its suppose to be fun! I was 4 games into a season and 6 of my players were injured already!! Is this realistic? No! Its BS Also why do my players keep running into each other and falling over?? Whatever! This almost never happens! Having 15 shots on goal to the AI's 6........ AI wins the game! Again BS! Also why are most goals scored in the 45th, 90th minute?? This is just the same game, same engine just a different licence! Avoid! Collapse
  17. Sep 27, 2012
    Metacritic doesn't support paragraphs so huge wall of text ahead. Don't believe the hype with the new buzzwords EA have used to tout this game or the bought and paid for reviews on gaming website. This game is a total crapfest. So much is wrong with it. I bought this game under the impression that they would improve upon the almost stellar FIFA 12 but they went so far backwards that nextMetacritic doesn't support paragraphs so huge wall of text ahead. Don't believe the hype with the new buzzwords EA have used to tout this game or the bought and paid for reviews on gaming website. This game is a total crapfest. So much is wrong with it. I bought this game under the impression that they would improve upon the almost stellar FIFA 12 but they went so far backwards that next year I will wait a few weeks to see what the forums are saying. I will never preorder again.

Firstly, this new "first touch" mechanic is an absolute disaster just like their collision system of last year. Make a string of passes through midfield and make the final pass to your striker only for him to knock it 50 yards to a defender, GK or out of bounds. About to shoot? Don't let a feather touch you because you'll find your player on the floor gasping for like he has been shot by a bolt action rifle. I'm sure they had a good idea behind trying to make the game more "realistic" but making the ball bounce around like a clown's balloon and making players run with lead foot and the subtle touch of the Hulk isn't "realism".

Pacing is still a nightmare especially online where you start to see Puyol catching up to Aguero or Nani.

Secondly, WHAT HAPPENED TO VIRTUAL PRO??? I can confidently and honestly tell you that Virtual Pro was the ONLY reason I bought this game. I bought it with the hopes of them improving the FIFA 12 experience and what do they do? They take it out well mostly. You can still play Pro Clubs with a "virtual pro" and what they now call Drop In Matches but it's essentially Pro Ranked Match. However, you can't use your Virtual Pro offline like say Kick Off, Match Day, Career Mode, Arena etc. Therefore if you want to unlock accomplishments, your only options are playing in Drop In matches or Pro Clubs. Good luck trying to get accomplishments especcially in Drop In matches where everyone is shooting from the half way line or trying to dribble the entire team or even tackling their own teammaters. Oh, and captains can now edit positions and formtions (I believe) in game. I was playing a game as striker and the next second I was a CB.

Thirdly, manager mode is still the same ol' snooze fest that FIFA has already become notorious for. It's made worse this year by the fact that the only changes are all cosmetic. Oh, look. The pen actually moves to sign the paper. How cool. Bogus mega transfers are still made month in month out. Gets really weird when you see Crewe Alexander buying Mascherano. Manager mode game saves get corrupted a lot and until EA releases a patch, this will keep happening. I've had 3 game saves go corrupted as I speak. I try to open them and the Xbox just freezes.

Finally, EA only seems to care about Ultimate Team since it's a cash cow for them. Lots of gullible players willing to pay a crap ton of money for digital fictional cards that don't even carry over to the next year. Why wouldn't EA milk it?

The only good things I liked in this game were the presentations especially if you're in North America. The ESPN style presentation is absolutely gorgeous and I love the intros. I like the commentary and how detailed they talk about players, managers and all that. Sideline commentary is also another good addition. Graphics seemed to get a slight improvement but many of the faces still look completely off from their real life couterparts.

Overall, I wish I could return this game and get my $60 back as graphics and presentations weren't the sole reason I bought this game. I wish the FIFA license was spread around so more companies can have a chance at making competition for EA. Konami is trying but they sort of dropped the ball when this generation started.

I give this FIFA a poor rating of 2/5. Wait until the price drops or you find one in a garbage can or some poor chap throws it out of his window in frustration
  18. Mar 28, 2013
    This game does not have a story as it simply just a football games, but EA can’t even do that right. Let’s start with the flow of the game. The passing and the movement of the players is actually alright, but the goalkeepers on the other hand are simply diabolical. The keeper seem to have this amazing ability to move from onside of the goal to the other in half a second from a shot fromThis game does not have a story as it simply just a football games, but EA can’t even do that right. Let’s start with the flow of the game. The passing and the movement of the players is actually alright, but the goalkeepers on the other hand are simply diabolical. The keeper seem to have this amazing ability to move from onside of the goal to the other in half a second from a shot from Messi which is simply unrealistic seeing that they said FIFA 13 is the most ‘realistic’ football game to date is really just embarrassing. This game is generally brought for the online play and was the second most bought game of 2012 so you would expect the servers to be to the best of its ability but no! They are constantly crashing and cannot cope with the millions of people that play online each day. Now let’s move on to the actual game play. We have covered the goal keeping so let’s move on to the tackling. To be far to EA the tackling is actually alright BUT how Messi can out jump Rio Ferdinand isn’t right in the slightest. The slide tackling can be incredible late causing you to foal them or it can make the cleanest slide tackles so it’s very inconsistent. The shooting again is very inconsistent. Cristiano Ronaldo could score a blinder from 40 yards but them miss a sitter from the 6ft yard box...It just doesn’t make any sense. Now for the worst thing about the game and that’s the passing. It so, so, so bad! You’d tell it to pass it one way and it will end up going to a completely different person, the direction of where you put the ball never really goes to actually where you want it.

Suitability: Age 3+
    Addictiveness: This game can be VERY addictive so be careful.
  19. Sep 29, 2012
    En fait c'est un fifa 12,5. Jouer en offline impossible car ia trop cheatée. Pour conclure, on s'ennuie très vite avec ce jeu car très peu de changements.
  20. Oct 3, 2012
    Way too many bugs in this game. I guess, the only FIFA games I'll buy now will be the World Cup theme games. Those are released every 4 years. You should be able to see major changes. However, if the World Cup theme games will be DLC only - guess EA Sports will not be getting my money anymore.
  21. Oct 12, 2012
    I have to be honest, sometimes playing the game I feel cheated, maybe because it feels like EASports hasn't change since FIFA 10.
    Well, they add more "social" but it also kills the fun of the game, they you have many choices of careers but at the end of the day a repetitive game becomes lame.
    I'll give it a low score for been repetitive and boring at sometimes. Then we have a change in the commentators in Spanish... way to bring down the score EASports.
  22. Oct 8, 2012
    I'm going to stop buying FIFA for a while now. This game is just FIFA 12 with a little more polish. I;m disappointed with the new attacking AI. Hardly ever makes any intelligent move forward to give you a scoring opportunity. First touch i okay, it adds realism but on harder difficulties, it would be a nice thing to have if the attacking AI was smarter. In-game stutter and lags, gameI'm going to stop buying FIFA for a while now. This game is just FIFA 12 with a little more polish. I;m disappointed with the new attacking AI. Hardly ever makes any intelligent move forward to give you a scoring opportunity. First touch i okay, it adds realism but on harder difficulties, it would be a nice thing to have if the attacking AI was smarter. In-game stutter and lags, game freeze plague this game. Skill games are a great way to learn to skill moves. Other than that, its just FIFA 12. You've been there, done that. I've tried the PES 13 demo and can't get over the fact that sometimes, this game just looks real ugly. Expand
  23. Oct 6, 2012
    Horrible game, same crap as Fifa 12 only worse; It keeps freezing unexpectedly it's driving me nuts, I've stopped playing and I'm never buying an EA game again, these people are thieves.
  24. Dec 8, 2012
    Game is pure garbage, huge step backwards. More scripted then ever, EA why don't you just play the game for us.. It's terrible, the new precision dribbling also a joke, ball sometimes bounces off feet on 1 touch even when receive buttons are pressed.. EA introduced this 1 touch, but were not smart enough to include this in the entire game, have had several instances where i shoot theGame is pure garbage, huge step backwards. More scripted then ever, EA why don't you just play the game for us.. It's terrible, the new precision dribbling also a joke, ball sometimes bounces off feet on 1 touch even when receive buttons are pressed.. EA introduced this 1 touch, but were not smart enough to include this in the entire game, have had several instances where i shoot the ball & defender instead of blocking, he trapped my shoot. Defenders can trap shots, but attackers can trap simple pass. Cheating refs calling pk for no reason, don't bother trying to see the replay because they won't show just how bad they cheated by calling it a pk. Awful, graphics good, the game is a joke incredibly scripted with ea still behind the scenes controlling outcome of games... Expand
  25. Jan 13, 2013
    I have been buying FIFA since 2002 and more regularly since 2008. The games gets more scripted online than before. I am not a guy who is complaining because I lose a lot because I am already division 1 in UT and division 6 . Does EA pay reviewers to rate the game simply? Because FIFA 13 is a piece of **** game online especially. On top of that, EA does not like it if you discuss this onI have been buying FIFA since 2002 and more regularly since 2008. The games gets more scripted online than before. I am not a guy who is complaining because I lose a lot because I am already division 1 in UT and division 6 . Does EA pay reviewers to rate the game simply? Because FIFA 13 is a piece of **** game online especially. On top of that, EA does not like it if you discuss this on the EA forums. They threaten you with bans. Is this some kind of a dictatorship? Oh and yes there are some handicaps with certain teams like for example, Barcelona. Try getting to division 1 with Barcelona or playing online with them. You will see that the opponent players will just run through Puyol and Pique even after a tackle has been made. Strength is the key factor here and though Puyol and Pique have good body strength, it does not matter. I had a game where I hit the post twice and my player missed an open net where all he had to do was tap it in but he lobbed the ball. Is this realistic? Oh and all of this happened in ten minutes of the game. Then, my opponent scores because the ball bounces back to him twice. Of course I came back in the game but it was a draw. Basically, EA ensures that bad players have a chance. They want to make all the newbies happy. Otherwise, who would buy the game. The game is not about who is the better player. Sure, better and experienced players win more but you can easily notice that newbies and or bad players can defend better because the auto tackling and auto blocking in the box has gotten better. The game is a joke. PES 2014 what I will buy in 2014. Stop lying EA Expand
  26. Oct 16, 2012
    Another year, and yet the same FIFA game. EA is just milking it and people keep buying this crap. This should be a $10 per year DLC, and not a new $60 game. If you're tired of being ripped off, then stop buying these games, along with any other games published by EA.
  27. Oct 16, 2012
    What a disappointment. Full of bugs. First touch is a joke online because any slight bit of lag makes it ridiculous. More scripted games. Ridiculous goals at 45 and 90 min. 12 was better, much better. This is arcade BS. Probably will trade for Pes, doubt it could be any worse.
  28. Jun 15, 2013
    I decided to rewrite my review. I dislike this game for plenty of reasons, some of them being unbalanced game play, unrealistic game mechanics, awful career and online modes, COUNTLESS game braking glitches, scripted matches and performances designed to make you lose no matter what. Only on Fifa can you have 70 percent possession, 20 shots on target, hit the post 6 times only to concede aI decided to rewrite my review. I dislike this game for plenty of reasons, some of them being unbalanced game play, unrealistic game mechanics, awful career and online modes, COUNTLESS game braking glitches, scripted matches and performances designed to make you lose no matter what. Only on Fifa can you have 70 percent possession, 20 shots on target, hit the post 6 times only to concede a fluke goal in the last second and lose the game. The amount of times this has happened to me is incredible. Only on Fifa can you be winning a game, press start to manage your team and it completely lock up your console forcing you to turn it off and losing all your progress. Be a pro mode? It's designed so your team doesn't have any possession, making it incredibly frustrating because you can't get in to a game and it lowers your rating, yet another waste of time mode. Ultimate team? Designed to bleed every single penny out of you, nothing more, nothing less. The game is so incredibly broken that I find myself turning it off prematurely out of frustration every time I try and play it... I'll be spending my money on Pro Evo next thank you very much EA. Expand
  29. Feb 26, 2013
    The first touch system is an insult to anyone who has played football at any level. Apparently while running on to a ball 9/10 you will miskick it smash it 10 yards in front of you or balloon it up in the air. I watch championship standard football week in, week out and never see this more than 5 times a game from both teams. On previous FIFAs skill usually won you the game, not anymore.The first touch system is an insult to anyone who has played football at any level. Apparently while running on to a ball 9/10 you will miskick it smash it 10 yards in front of you or balloon it up in the air. I watch championship standard football week in, week out and never see this more than 5 times a game from both teams. On previous FIFAs skill usually won you the game, not anymore. People just pick fast players and sprint at you and you cannot stop them. Countless goals are conceded with someone sprinting after your defenders tapping the tackle button. Have the developers even played/watched football? Expand
  30. Oct 2, 2013
    game completely sucks, i dont know how it ended up getting a 6.0 score but its one of the worst games ever. as all fifa series. probably kids have rated it 10
  31. Jan 9, 2013
    If you walked into the EA Sports offices, sat down with the FIFA development team and asked them what amazing new features they added to this game, the answer would be as follows:

"This year, we put a '13' on the box" And that's it. That's all this game is: Fifa 12 with a different number.
  32. Nov 1, 2012
    Truly the WORST next-gen Fifa by far. Don't believe the hype, don't go with the professional reviewers' opinion, who clearly get paid or otherwise benefited directly by EA. The game has countless issues, both online and offline, it has tons of bugs (that will probably never be fixed because EA has proved beyond all doubts that they don't care).

The gameplay is so broken, the game speed

The gameplay is so broken, the game speed is laughable and ridiculously high, the passing system sucks, the UT servers are down very often, the new first touch controls are a joke. Everything about this game sucks. EVERYTHING.

And EA simply don't care because they sold their 7 million copies. A zero is perhaps too much for this game, I wish I could give it a negative review number.

I want my money back. Just go see what's happening in the EA's official forum, 90% of the people writing there are just mad an the game and EA.

Worst.Fifa.ever.
  33. Dec 6, 2012
    as opposed to many reviews, FIFA 13 does not show much realism to the world of football, I say this as the the game has many glitches and ball control has been terribly designed. Also, some player ratings can be very inaccurate such as the overrated Torress, Schneider, Balotelli and others. The servers are terrible, I cannot find a game with an opponent online without at least getting aas opposed to many reviews, FIFA 13 does not show much realism to the world of football, I say this as the the game has many glitches and ball control has been terribly designed. Also, some player ratings can be very inaccurate such as the overrated Torress, Schneider, Balotelli and others. The servers are terrible, I cannot find a game with an opponent online without at least getting a message twice telling me no one was found. The good side is the manager mode and Ultimate team are very fun. Expand
  34. Aug 3, 2013
    EA sports have gone back 5 years with this title, player movement reminds me of FIFA 08..game is just a disgrace. Only reason i gave this game 2 is because manager mode is quite good until it gets boring. Matches are fixed also for instance im dominating a game, the opposition has had 3 players sent off...easy win?? think again!! i hit the post 3 times, van persie misses 4 sitters that anEA sports have gone back 5 years with this title, player movement reminds me of FIFA 08..game is just a disgrace. Only reason i gave this game 2 is because manager mode is quite good until it gets boring. Matches are fixed also for instance im dominating a game, the opposition has had 3 players sent off...easy win?? think again!! i hit the post 3 times, van persie misses 4 sitters that an old crow on a zimmer could finish and then out of the blue my defence splits letting the opposition through to score a 90th minute 1 nil win!!! Expand
  35. Feb 4, 2013
    The last Fifa game I owned prior to this was FIFA 10 and it's actually amazing how little they have improved it. The AI in this game is incredibly stupid with some very annoying habits that have evidently not been ironed out in three generations. For example when you pass the ball sometimes your player will root himself and wait for the ball to arrive leaving you unable to control hisThe last Fifa game I owned prior to this was FIFA 10 and it's actually amazing how little they have improved it. The AI in this game is incredibly stupid with some very annoying habits that have evidently not been ironed out in three generations. For example when you pass the ball sometimes your player will root himself and wait for the ball to arrive leaving you unable to control his movement and mostly ending up in an opposition player getting an interception. A lot of the times too players will attempt a through ball when you press the pass button. There is a dedicated through ball button which I would use if I wanted a through ball played, when I press a different button it's because I didn't want a through ball. Likewise with the goalkeepers, sometimes they will rush out of the goals even when you're not holding down Y to tell them to come out and this mostly ends in an easy goal for the opposition. A lot of neat features in the game modes but the gameplay still needs a lot of tightening up. Expand
  36. Dec 23, 2012
    Same game release as of any previous FIFA game. When are people going to realise that EA are fleecing £40 pounds + of your hard earned cash every year
  37. Jan 12, 2013
    As you'd expect, this game is pretty much the same. There isn't really much that even makes you think this game is a different game - wan't even worth going over to a friends house to play.
  38. Jan 25, 2013
    This game is garbage, i say this having bought every single fifa game since 08. I can explain how massively disappointing the game is. I don't by all means wish to be saying these things about the game, FIFA is one of my favorite hobbies but this years game is an unbearable experience. It just feels like they've taken control away from the user and replaced it with unrealisticThis game is garbage, i say this having bought every single fifa game since 08. I can explain how massively disappointing the game is. I don't by all means wish to be saying these things about the game, FIFA is one of my favorite hobbies but this years game is an unbearable experience. It just feels like they've taken control away from the user and replaced it with unrealistic animations, super human defenders (when you stab at the ball and miss when i'm at a full sprint and then catch up to me, thats superhuman). In their quest to recreate the sport exactly they are losing all of what makes people play the game, it's fun. Every year it gets harder for people who know the game and easier for newbies. Even watching the gameplay reminds me of watching a coed pickup game. And why is one of the worst soccer nations in the world developing this game, eh? Expand
  39. Mar 20, 2013
    This game is appalling. EA are selling what can only be described as a broken product. First touch control? Broken. Passing? Broken. Intelligent A.I.? Broken. This game takes last year's quite frankly unfinished FIFA12 and makes it more broken. The career mode, for example, can be quite fun... when it works. Matches will often crash upon pause, causing you to lose progress up to thatThis game is appalling. EA are selling what can only be described as a broken product. First touch control? Broken. Passing? Broken. Intelligent A.I.? Broken. This game takes last year's quite frankly unfinished FIFA12 and makes it more broken. The career mode, for example, can be quite fun... when it works. Matches will often crash upon pause, causing you to lose progress up to that point. Same with Ultimate Team, games will often disconnect or crash, causing you to lose the match. Simply put, do not buy this game. You will regret it. Expand
  40. May 19, 2013
    Positives: Great graphics, a great game to play with friends as it always is. Decent online community, couple of new features.

Negatives: It's pretty much exactly the same game as FIFA 11/12 etc, only a really buggy version, there're bugs everywhere in-game (personal experience; I was about to cross a ball into the box, when suddenly my player on-the-ball teleported into the box, and sending my cross off the pitch for a throw-in to the opposition.). The only main difference with the new FIFA is the new team line-ups, which is essentially all we're paying for every year. This game to me suggests that EA wanted to see how bad they could make the game and still watch people purchase it (in terms of the sheer amount of bugs, with an even more annoying ref giving the most ridiculous decisions). Not a big fan of FIFA 13, I can play 11 or 12 and have just as much fun.

4/10 because of the bugs, lack of new content, and the price of the game for what is essentially the same game repeating itself every year, with the exception of a little bit of a graphic boost and more annoying ref's with each one that comes around.
  41. Jun 13, 2013
    Would be better if it wasnt the same bloody game every year. Theres a reason why EA is hated. Im not dishing out 50 odd quid for the same game every year
  42. Jun 23, 2013
    The graphic are absolutely amazing and the faces look very real. But FIFA hasn't changed its look for ages ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  43. Jul 8, 2013
    Have you ever tried playing Ultimate Team mode? It's the greatest example of what evevyone's being complaining about. You play it against CPU and it's a fantastic gameplay. You play it online and it's terrible. It is very frustrating as your defense seems to be useless in some matches. I say 'some matches' because sometimes your GK seems to be invincible. Very weird. It is a very unstableHave you ever tried playing Ultimate Team mode? It's the greatest example of what evevyone's being complaining about. You play it against CPU and it's a fantastic gameplay. You play it online and it's terrible. It is very frustrating as your defense seems to be useless in some matches. I say 'some matches' because sometimes your GK seems to be invincible. Very weird. It is a very unstable online gameplay, so I'll rate it 4, 'cause I believe FIFA is 60% online gameplaying, which just sucks in this game. Expand
  44. Aug 23, 2013
    I'm sorry to say that Fifa 13 is incredibly surprising piece of crap. Firstly, besides updated team squads and licenses nothing really had changed. It is still the same game it was last year, which is unacceptable, bearing in mind price of 60$. Also, I can't stand all the dumbass decisions that referees make. Handballs every 5 seconds, penalties out of space. Incredibly huge piece of junk.
  45. Sep 12, 2013
    Same as the last one but with better graphics its still kicking a football and running around also you still kick a ball did i mention that yet? OH and spoilers its rubbish
  46. Sep 23, 2013
    Rubbish game, EA haven't made any changes to Pro Clubs, its still a big let down at times. Many many changes such as custom kits and logos can be done and have been done in FIFA 12 as well as FIFA street, they just don't wanna give it all away, EA sicken me with their lack of commitment to their fans
  47. Sep 28, 2013
    I have played FIFA 13 for a full year now and am a division 1 player in Seasons (as In had been in FIFA 12), so the following criticisms should be put in that context. They are not the ravings of a player that simply has not mastered the controls. By Season’s standards, I can play the game pretty well.

- The new first touch feature is unrealistic when you have situations where an

- The new first touch feature is unrealistic when you have situations where an elegant move is destroyed by the ball bouncing of Messi or Ronaldo's shin it happens regularly in the game when it would not in real life. In effect, it ruins enjoyment of the game.
    - 'New' attacking AI is worse than FIFA 12 your players make wrong decisions regularly.
    - One of the few realistic introductions is that referees seem to be as error prone as in real life, which is obviously not a good thing.

I loved the introduction of tactical defending in FIFA 12 (which is my fav FIFA to date). However, there are ZERO enjoyable advancements in FIFA 13 for me, only frustration and that is why I give it a ZERO score. It has been a waste of money, I really don’t know why I’ve kept playing it. It’s a testament to how frustrating this game is that I’ve gone back to playing FIFA 12. And judging from what I’ve read about FIFA 14 (from actual gamers, not EA butt-licking magazines and big FIFA Youtubers). I’ll be keeping my money in my pocket. EA, please make this game enjoyable to play again.
  48. Feb 28, 2014
    Why the **** is EA allowed to get away with calling this pathetic piece of **** a game? I can't believe how incredibly bad the AI are, and yet I still play it... Why? Because there are no other football games that are better, so the lazy **** over at EA continue to make the same old **** every year and people buy it.
  49. Jun 29, 2014
    “If you are a fan of FIFA games you tend to be quite philosophical, because they tend to build you up then let you down.” FIFA should be a benchmark-setting soccer game with great gameplay and years of thoughtful development & refinement. Currently, it is a husk of latent unfulfilled potential, and is a treated as a blatant cash cow for a lumbering shambles of a company. They also treat“If you are a fan of FIFA games you tend to be quite philosophical, because they tend to build you up then let you down.” FIFA should be a benchmark-setting soccer game with great gameplay and years of thoughtful development & refinement. Currently, it is a husk of latent unfulfilled potential, and is a treated as a blatant cash cow for a lumbering shambles of a company. They also treat their customers with disgrace. If you go to EA Sports forums, they have “vent” treads and any criticism you voice about the game is considered heresy pending a banned account and confinement in the Tower of London. What EA Sports had achieved in the past 10 years would have been easily surpassed by any another studio with more ambition and commitment like Bethesda. When buying a Fifa-EA product, I find myself paying through the nose for their monopoly on licensing & copyright rather than for entertainment. They drip feed 1 or 2 untested “improvements” per year, most of which undermine smooth and consistent gameplay; their flagship features such as randomness, first touch passing and UFC style tackle/collision systems have totally lost the plot. This would be fine if it had been done correctly, but there is no consistency to the implementation here. The game lacks refinement and adding “randomness” to already poor gameplay makes for an extremely frustrating experience. The whole result seems like a rip-off of Madden or UFC. These professional “critical” reviews seem to glorify each FIFA game in isolation of the 10 previous iterations before it, marketing each release as some sort of ground breaking & innovative affair; when in fact there is much less to like. According to EA, “It doesn't matter if you call it soccer or football, in the end all you need to know is that FIFA is the only way to play” or so they hope! More work is done by EA Sports in each iteration of FIFA by patches & fixes, than the original game itself. IMHO the lack of innovation, absence of improvement and dreadful gameplay does not marry well with the high asking price. Expand
  50. Sep 30, 2012

1. Jan 4, 2013
    FIFA '13 provides some great AI, a fair challenge if you go for a difficulty beyond Amateur, and a lot of content if you're willing to delve into the various modes.
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    The fluidity and speed of FIFA makes it pure joy to play, an area where it reigns supreme over its rival Pro Evo.
  3. Oct 18, 2012
    This year's installment of FIFA has increasingly improved from its previous release.