6.0

1. Sep 25, 2012
    they could at least change the engine! this game is like CoD, except it has no competition and thus, no one complains about it being the same over and over
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Massively disappointed! The 'first touch' feature provides a 'touch' that seems somewhat overkill. The AI is lacking the 'intelligence', as the game is so riddled with misplaced passes, through balls when no through ball was pressed, etc etc. You would never see a premier league football team **** and misplace as often as they do throughout this version of Fifa.
  3. Oct 4, 2012
    A very bad game. When you're playing the computer the only way they make it harder is by making everything go against you (such as decisions, poor first touches, rubbish passes, awful luck in front of goal.) Another point is how when you're online the game clearly chooses which player to favour. One game I can play and all of what I try comes off without fail but in the next nothing seems to work! I've spoke to a few friends about this bullsh*t and they agree. I think that KSI (YouTube guy) has made points about the game being "scripted" and I can see what he means. Surely the people who are reading this can agree? In other news, career has minor improvements but it's still too bland to be any fun. Ultimate Team has had it's day, it's now very boring and Pro Clubs still sucks. EA Sports NEEDS some decent opposition, or we're doomed. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't understand why this game has so many negative reviews, because it is awesome. There is no need to make big changes to the game every year, because unlike last PES games, FIFA is already great, why would you make profound changes to it? It just needs a little tweaking in some features. After playing FIFA 13 for a few days, I went to play FIFA 12 online against a friend of mine who hasn't got the new one yet, and guess what: FIFA 12 IS OFFICIALLY OBSOLETE!! Expand
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    The main problem for me is that we are paying 59 bucks for the same game. There is no difference at all between 12 and 13, it is the exactly same game with the updated licenses.
  6. Sep 25, 2012
    Its the better soccer game. It has a lot of great features, like match day and 1st touch. Has a lot of teams, a lot of game modes online and offline. Its the best game of sport.
  7. Oct 5, 2012
    I wish this game had some competition because right now it has NONE and EA knows it. The first touch is BAD, It's a good idea and does change the way the game is played, but when you have players like Messi, Iniesta and Xavi mis-controlling first touches to the extent that you'd expect from players from League 1 teams such as Tranmere, It ruins the game.
  8. Sep 30, 2012
    FIFA 13 is another poorly made cash grab with cheap graphics and nothing new to offer, basically a blatant remake of the other games. The other thing good about it is it's soundtrack, but not even the soundtrack can save it from being a waste of gaming technology.
  9. Oct 5, 2012
    Between the new silly first touch system,the amount of missed placed passes and through balls that happen in one match i don't know which is the worst and also the players feel like they are stuck in mud when trying to move with the ball.FIFA has gone back 3 or 4 years with this years edition
  10. Sep 25, 2012
    Unfortunately FIFA 13 suffers from the same online play that it's predassor had before. It is like playing two completely different games online and offline. Offline is fun challenging and makes the game as good as it can be. Online however is a different story the game is slow the computers are less intelligent do not make runs and preform unnatural moves. The seasons mode is a nice change however the gameplay still is not right. Take call of duty for example the same gameplay feel offlline as it is online, FIFA just simply misses the mark.

Offline 9/10
    Online 4/10
  11. Sep 28, 2012
    This game would be a 10, if only EA coders could be able to .... code, properly.
    I think this is the most buggiest FIFA ever, and probably one of the buggiest videogame ever released.
    After paying 50 Euro for this crap I am totally unsatisfied:
    ultimate team players who get a red card become banned forever
    you get cards to recover from injuries but none of your players will ever get an
    injury
    auction house is totally broken, giving a new error almost every day

If they can fix all these bugs this vote could grow, untill then you can save your money!
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    FIFA 13 might be the most fun, best FIFA in terms of gameplay. If you're playing offline against a friend. If you want to play online, good luck. If you are somehow able to find an opponent, the game simply feels slower and dumbed-down. The a.i. that make great runs offline? Not so much online. The first-touch that makes it look and feel more like real football? Not so much online when the ball bounces randomly no matter how you gain possession of the ball. The fluid passing, and the crisp fast nature of the game offline? Replaced by a slower pace and misplaced passes online. You'll only be able to experience this if you can in fact get into a game online. The head-to-head seasons from FIFA 12 are back, now simply called 'Seasons.' You might be able to find an opponent after 6 or 7 attempts, each attempt taking anywhere from thirty seconds to three or four minutes. Once connected, they take you to the pregame arena, and you'll likely get stuck there for ... infinity. You'll need to go back to the Dashboard, and start up FIFA 13 again. OK, so forget 'Seasons.' Try out the custom games lobby instead. Unfortunately you'll find that it's difficult to select a lobby because each time a new lobby is made the whole list shifts randomly and rearranges, making your attempt to join a lobby a game of timing. This is the lobby system, not a minigame. This is unacceptable for a retail version of any game, let alone the most popular sports game franchise on the planet. EA should be ashamed of themselves. But it's OK! Pro ranked matches with your virtual pro make a return. But the lobby system is still as confusing and broken as it was the last couple of years. So you'll have a tough time getting into a match. And if you do, the 'captain' of your team will likely sub you out for an a.i. player, or at the very least switch you to another position. You got CF? You're now RB! And your teammate just scored his third own-goal ... God forbid you want to play any sort of team game (2v2, pro-ranked) with a friend, also. Just like years previous, there are still no options to have friends join you. This is to prevent boosting...thanks EA. You stopped boosting and all manner of playing with your friends on the same team. I'm starting to ramble, so I'll leave it at this: FIFA 13 is two different games. Offline, it's slick, fast and fun. It might be the best FIFA yet, even if it does sometimes feel a bit automatic. Online, it's a mess. You might boot up the game and spend 15 minutes or more before even getting into a game, and once you're in there you're treated to crappier version. EA has no excuse for this. Expand
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    Ok what numb nut idiot thought this game is football?I switched from (pes) to this crap?Pes sux and so does this.Why?players are two Fkn slow you have to make decisions before you even see them.Goalkeepers got cat like reflexes in front of goal,within a meter they seem to miraculously save a shot from messi 4 out of 5 times,that is ridiculous.While they watch a cross that they could dive for,end up on a header and into the goal.For the Pes fans,DO not buy this crap if you think you will find something better.This is in no way football fifa just plain sux,but its one of the only options for football fans. Expand
  14. Sep 25, 2012
    FIFA is amazing, the franchise made a massive leap with FIFA 11, this has improved incrementally with FIFA 12 and FIFA 13.

FIFA 13 is the best sports game to date.
  15. Sep 29, 2012
    No Croatia national team?? I expected this from KONAMI, but not from EA! I guess that this year I will change Fifa for PES. Whats next? Removal of Italy, Germany? So lame.
  16. Sep 28, 2012
    the game features are very good but consequently its slower than the last fifa 12 and most importantly i encountered loads of freezes throughout the game which is so annoying.
  17. Oct 1, 2012
    The Good: Overall the games 'feels' more realistic - an improved impact engine, better first touches, tighter graphics and an overall feel that you are more in control. At least from my first impressions, there is little evidence to accuse this game of featuring many of the 'scripted' elements evident in previous years' incarnations.

The Bad: Where do I start? In a word, this game was
    released unfinished on an unwitting public. H2H seasons are unplayable. I have about a 1 in 10 chance of connecting to an opponent, then when I do connect, I have around a 60% chance of being stuck in the pre-game arena, forcing me to exit to the dashboard. The frequent squad updates also have a high chance of freeing my Xbox completely, forcing me to reboot.

Numerous other errors have been identified in the Career mode - lost saves and the inability to progress past the first season, invisible players and phantom transfers - as well as Ultimate Team. One glance at the wall on EA Sports' official FIFA 13 Facebook page will confirm all of this and more.

One has to wonder how the gaming publications didn't identify any of these game breaking flaws when they reviewed the game. At best, they clearly didn't play enough modes for enough time, at worst, its just another example of the 'high scores for concessions' deals that render industry publications useless.

All in all, then, FIFA 13 isn't like MW3 which was a badly designed game; moreover, it is probably the best entry in the series in terms of gameplay, but a new low for EA in terms of treating their customers like dirt.
  18. Oct 4, 2012
    Fifa 13 is so terrible one thing i cannot stand is the amount of freezes. EA should buy a better server to handle network capacity and stop being cheap (It literary could take an individual up to 20 minutes just to find an opponent to play online). Secondly, the first touch is just pathetic and unrealistic, third the the glitches, I don't know if anyone has ever experienced the "Ghost Glitch" were you basically play against invincible players. I experienced it and was so close to snapping my game into half, its so annoying because if you quit EA obviously gives you the lose so you have no option than to play against ghost players SMH. This game is just an epic failure. Expand
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    I buy fifa every 2nd year, because it would be waste your money to buy it every year. I am disappointed in this game. It has a good presentation at the start of the game, and I guess gameplay is ok. What irritates me is that the crowd animations are so bad, and that for the past few years of fifa, they have kept the celebration after a cup victory the same. Where is the imagination? Why do we pay so much for the same stuff? If you have a previous fifa, keep it. Don't buy this.... Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2012
    The changes to FIFA 12 were a ground breaking step forward in terms of realism in the world of football games. However these changes both enhanced and detracted from the enjoyment of a series I have played since the very first iteration of the game on the SEGA Megadrive. Offline I thoroughly enjoyed the game and felt the tactical defending really amped up the skill levels required to play the game, even if most games I seemed to play were akin to an Arsenal game from the early 90 Expand
  21. Sep 30, 2012
    I bought this on release day and have already got rid of it! I got fifa 12 last year and thought that was poor, I downloaded the fifa 13 demo and thought it was good..... however after buying it I realised there is a big difference between the demo and the actual game! Why? Its slow, boring and just the same as fifa 12. Fifa 09 and 10 for me where the best ones! But this is just crap! For example trying to make this game realistic .... is making it un realistic and not fun, afterall its a video game its suppose to be fun! I was 4 games into a season and 6 of my players were injured already!! Is this realistic? No! Its BS Also why do my players keep running into each other and falling over?? Whatever! This almost never happens! Having 15 shots on goal to the AI's 6........ AI wins the game! Again BS! Also why are most goals scored in the 45th, 90th minute?? This is just the same game, same engine just a different licence! Avoid! Expand
  22. Sep 27, 2012
    Metacritic doesn't support paragraphs so huge wall of text ahead. Don't believe the hype with the new buzzwords EA have used to tout this game or the bought and paid for reviews on gaming website. This game is a total crapfest. So much is wrong with it. I bought this game under the impression that they would improve upon the almost stellar FIFA 12 but they went so far backwards that next year I will wait a few weeks to see what the forums are saying. I will never preorder again.

Firstly, this new "first touch" mechanic is an absolute disaster just like their collision system of last year. Make a string of passes through midfield and make the final pass to your striker only for him to knock it 50 yards to a defender, GK or out of bounds. About to shoot? Don't let a feather touch you because you'll find your player on the floor gasping for like he has been shot by a bolt action rifle. I'm sure they had a good idea behind trying to make the game more "realistic" but making the ball bounce around like a clown's balloon and making players run with lead foot and the subtle touch of the Hulk isn't "realism".

Pacing is still a nightmare especially online where you start to see Puyol catching up to Aguero or Nani.

Secondly, WHAT HAPPENED TO VIRTUAL PRO??? I can confidently and honestly tell you that Virtual Pro was the ONLY reason I bought this game. I bought it with the hopes of them improving the FIFA 12 experience and what do they do? They take it out well mostly. You can still play Pro Clubs with a "virtual pro" and what they now call Drop In Matches but it's essentially Pro Ranked Match. However, you can't use your Virtual Pro offline like say Kick Off, Match Day, Career Mode, Arena etc. Therefore if you want to unlock accomplishments, your only options are playing in Drop In matches or Pro Clubs. Good luck trying to get accomplishments especcially in Drop In matches where everyone is shooting from the half way line or trying to dribble the entire team or even tackling their own teammaters. Oh, and captains can now edit positions and formtions (I believe) in game. I was playing a game as striker and the next second I was a CB.

Thirdly, manager mode is still the same ol' snooze fest that FIFA has already become notorious for. It's made worse this year by the fact that the only changes are all cosmetic. Oh, look. The pen actually moves to sign the paper. How cool. Bogus mega transfers are still made month in month out. Gets really weird when you see Crewe Alexander buying Mascherano. Manager mode game saves get corrupted a lot and until EA releases a patch, this will keep happening. I've had 3 game saves go corrupted as I speak. I try to open them and the Xbox just freezes.

Finally, EA only seems to care about Ultimate Team since it's a cash cow for them. Lots of gullible players willing to pay a crap ton of money for digital fictional cards that don't even carry over to the next year. Why wouldn't EA milk it?

The only good things I liked in this game were the presentations especially if you're in North America. The ESPN style presentation is absolutely gorgeous and I love the intros. I like the commentary and how detailed they talk about players, managers and all that. Sideline commentary is also another good addition. Graphics seemed to get a slight improvement but many of the faces still look completely off from their real life couterparts.

Overall, I wish I could return this game and get my $60 back as graphics and presentations weren't the sole reason I bought this game. I wish the FIFA license was spread around so more companies can have a chance at making competition for EA. Konami is trying but they sort of dropped the ball when this generation started.

I give this FIFA a poor rating of 2/5. Wait until the price drops or you find one in a garbage can or some poor chap throws it out of his window in frustration
  23. Mar 28, 2013
    This game does not have a story as it simply just a football games, but EA can’t even do that right. Let’s start with the flow of the game. The passing and the movement of the players is actually alright, but the goalkeepers on the other hand are simply diabolical. The keeper seem to have this amazing ability to move from onside of the goal to the other in half a second from a shot from Messi which is simply unrealistic seeing that they said FIFA 13 is the most ‘realistic’ football game to date is really just embarrassing. This game is generally brought for the online play and was the second most bought game of 2012 so you would expect the servers to be to the best of its ability but no! They are constantly crashing and cannot cope with the millions of people that play online each day. Now let’s move on to the actual game play. We have covered the goal keeping so let’s move on to the tackling. To be far to EA the tackling is actually alright BUT how Messi can out jump Rio Ferdinand isn’t right in the slightest. The slide tackling can be incredible late causing you to foal them or it can make the cleanest slide tackles so it’s very inconsistent. The shooting again is very inconsistent. Cristiano Ronaldo could score a blinder from 40 yards but them miss a sitter from the 6ft yard box...It just doesn’t make any sense. Now for the worst thing about the game and that’s the passing. It so, so, so bad! You’d tell it to pass it one way and it will end up going to a completely different person, the direction of where you put the ball never really goes to actually where you want it.

Suitability: Age 3+
    Addictiveness: This game can be VERY addictive so be careful.
  24. Sep 29, 2012
    En fait c'est un fifa 12,5. Jouer en offline impossible car ia trop cheatée. Pour conclure, on s'ennuie très vite avec ce jeu car très peu de changements.
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    Way too many bugs in this game. I guess, the only FIFA games I'll buy now will be the World Cup theme games. Those are released every 4 years. You should be able to see major changes. However, if the World Cup theme games will be DLC only - guess EA Sports will not be getting my money anymore.
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    Not a massive change or upgrade from Fifa 12, the minimum I expected for 13 was for EA to at least fix the bugs and experience for online multiplayer, but they didn't touch the online multiplayer at all, for me the games don't flow as well as Fifa 12 did, the new physics aren't a ground breaking upgrade.
  27. Oct 12, 2012
    I have to be honest, sometimes playing the game I feel cheated, maybe because it feels like EASports hasn't change since FIFA 10.
    Well, they add more "social" but it also kills the fun of the game, they you have many choices of careers but at the end of the day a repetitive game becomes lame.
    I'll give it a low score for been repetitive and boring at sometimes. Then we have a change in
    the commentators in Spanish... way to bring down the score EASports. Expand
  28. Sep 25, 2012
    Normally I'm against having a new game out each year, and I think FIFA 12 wasn't a big enough change from FIFA 11, but this year I think that has been rectified and FIFA 13 is a solid game that feels more lifelike and more fun than any previous FIFA.
  29. Oct 6, 2012
    no soul....boring gameplay....to much stuppid impact engine.....rebound goals are anoyng....looks like fifa street....bye bye..see you in next genaration....
  30. Oct 8, 2012
    I'm going to stop buying FIFA for a while now. This game is just FIFA 12 with a little more polish. I;m disappointed with the new attacking AI. Hardly ever makes any intelligent move forward to give you a scoring opportunity. First touch i okay, it adds realism but on harder difficulties, it would be a nice thing to have if the attacking AI was smarter. In-game stutter and lags, game freeze plague this game. Skill games are a great way to learn to skill moves. Other than that, its just FIFA 12. You've been there, done that. I've tried the PES 13 demo and can't get over the fact that sometimes, this game just looks real ugly. Expand

1. Jan 4, 2013
    FIFA '13 provides some great AI, a fair challenge if you go for a difficulty beyond Amateur, and a lot of content if you're willing to delve into the various modes.
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    The fluidity and speed of FIFA makes it pure joy to play, an area where it reigns supreme over its rival Pro Evo.
  3. Oct 18, 2012
    This year's installment of FIFA has increasingly improved from its previous release.