6.6

1. JakeI.
    May 3, 2006
    In terms of graphics and sound this really is a next generation football game. The interface and tournament are incredibly well polished. The feeling of scoring a goal has been boosted and really is rewarding. It would have been nice if EA had included all the club & and management features from last year's FIFA 06 to increase the lastability. All in all this is possibly the best In terms of graphics and sound this really is a next generation football game. The interface and tournament are incredibly well polished. The feeling of scoring a goal has been boosted and really is rewarding. It would have been nice if EA had included all the club & and management features from last year's FIFA 06 to increase the lastability. All in all this is possibly the best soccer title to date, let down only by its lack of game modes (ie management mode and club soccer). Of course we can expect to see these missing features in fifa 07, which will be released later this year. Expand
  2. OscarA.
    May 4, 2006
    I Think this is the best version of fifa world cup made forgot the other titles we know that winining eleven it's the best version of soccer and there are million of years from fifa but give it a chance to this game specially the version for xbox 360 it's awesome the statiums, the fireworks, and the players has ally High definited we have to wait loong time for the launch of the I Think this is the best version of fifa world cup made forgot the other titles we know that winining eleven it's the best version of soccer and there are million of years from fifa but give it a chance to this game specially the version for xbox 360 it's awesome the statiums, the fireworks, and the players has ally High definited we have to wait loong time for the launch of the next wining eleven for ps3 or xbox 360 but this fifa it's the only choice we have for lover soccer players. Expand
  3. JeffA.
    Jun 30, 2006
    Superb game. All the thrills and action of the FIFA World Cup. Truly next gen graphics melded with excellent gameplay and great control make 2006 FIFA World Cup a must have game.
  4. RyanW.
    Apr 19, 2006
    Love the stadiums, they feel more alive than in previous titles. The fireworks are cool.
  5. DaveR.
    Apr 26, 2006
    This itineration of the Fifa soccer franchaise is the main reason I purchased the Xbox 360. It addresses all the weaknesses and problems of past versions of Fifa. The graphics and lighting definitely make a difference, though I still feel there is room for improvement with camera angles on replays. The player should have full control. The gameplay remains true to its roots and has further This itineration of the Fifa soccer franchaise is the main reason I purchased the Xbox 360. It addresses all the weaknesses and problems of past versions of Fifa. The graphics and lighting definitely make a difference, though I still feel there is room for improvement with camera angles on replays. The player should have full control. The gameplay remains true to its roots and has further improved. This is the game that should have been released at launch. It blows the doors off of the Winning Eleven series. I absolutely do not want to hear any criticisms from those devoted WE gamers. Your game is inferior in every category, so save your whining for another forum. I highly recommend purchasing this game if you're looking for a true soccer simulation. EA Sports Fifa series has finally arrived as the true King of the pitch. No if's, and's, or butts. True Rating 9.75 Collapse
  6. S.D.
    Apr 28, 2006
    The best Fifa since RtWC '98, by a distance. They've finally taken not of the excellent Winning Eleven series and mirrored many aspects of the gameplay, and although the ball physics are still not at that high level, it is a top effort, and much more fun than PES5, even if it does fall short of the excellent Winning Eleven 10.
  7. ReelWorld
    Apr 28, 2006
    A huge improvement over the first title. GUI is excellent, graphics are top notch and the sound is amazing. Good choice of teams (127 total) and a tried and true gameplay make this one of the best 360 titles yet and arguably the deepest and greatest sports title for the console so far.

EA put together its most solid soccer gameplay experience yet and the deepest World Cup title of all time. Still, it's hard to argue that the gameplay, an obvious imitation of Winning Eleven, is better, but with star players and a nifty new shooting mechanism, it would be hard to argue it's worse.
    The control feels natural and responsive, but the Xbox 360 version features somewhat larger players on the feild than the PS2 - something gamers without big screens may wish to consider.
  3. This is the first of the fully-featured Xbox 360 sports games from EA, and it's got everything you missed in the launch title. And it's definitely what I would consider to be a "next-generation" game. When you play it, you'll see from the kickoff exactly what I mean.