7.4

1. Mar 2, 2011
    Being an avid fight fan, and fan of the series for many years I constantly want it to live up to the hype and expectations that i have and im sure many other fight fans have.

So do you bench mark the game for where it is now, where the hype places it, or where it has improved. Me i was critical and looked at what they had improved.....well pretty much nothing. The blood is there, but so
    what its static and after you play a few times will see the same graphics and effects over and over again. I could list every catagory and say do the same, so to be brief let just say yes its all the same, over and over repeition. The game doesnt react to your play it just drones out the same mediocre rendition of give is money on something we did not deliver on.

Fighter modelling is boring and so lack luster, animaition is slow and the supposed new fully encmpasing punch control, is the same old thing with everything in FN round 4 thrown aside.

If it has worked before they didnt bother to use it and instead it looks like a beta from 5 or 10 years ago, where it had the basis for a good game, but they never really finished the polish and made it something to rave about or go out of your way to play.

Instead its a dust collector who will soon be forgotten and not played, so in all a show of the times that EA need to start looking for some new talent, and a new direction instead of just playing safe and just bunting into the foul area over and over again. Yeah it doesnt get you out, but eventually everyone just switches off and looks for something else.

Really disappointing.
  2. Feb 24, 2012
    Funny story, I actually bought this game because I bought the arcade game for Real Steel (the movie is one of the most horrible ****ing things I have ever seen, and I wish I could have the first hour I spent watching it back) because of a review that said the fight mechanics were similar to fight night. Sweet Jesus. This game is unbelievably horrible. ****************************************************************************************************************
    For anyone thinking of buying this game, listen to this logic: I throw 200 punches (100 of which are not blocked) into my opponents head. I get punched twice. DOWN FOR THE ****ING COUNT! and I lose the match. Needless to say, the real steel arcade game, which I paid $10 for, was infinitely more deep and fair than the EA game I bought for $30. I feel like I should kill myself at this juncture in time
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    This game SUCKS for one simple reason. When in a fight, the damned referee keeps moving in front of the camera, blocking the view of the fighters completely. This RUINS the game play. How the developers could have missed this is completely beyond me. I am playing the game right now, and I got SO frustrated that I literally paused the game, and logged on specifically to write this. I am so frustrated right now. Expand
  4. Oct 16, 2012
    The same as FNR4 but with a **** story and Impossible boss fight ...................................................................................................................................
  5. Mar 20, 2011
    I couldn't be more disappointed in this game. I had very high hopes, considering their last installment was good. All I found was a clone of Fight Night 4, including Legacy mode which was a complete debacle, not to mention the horribly difficult training games. Online mode has many exploits and crashes constantly, and in offline mode the game crashes constantly as well. I sold it the same week, on ebay. Expand
  6. Apr 3, 2011
    Sorry, forgot to score it along with my rant. Its terrible. Gets 2 marks for the visuals and -8 for a rubbish interpretation of boxing. EA hang your head.
  7. Sep 29, 2011
    I like the fast pace. I like the improved punch control over FN4. I like the brutality. Those things said, this is a horrible game. Training is ridiculous. The computer is given unfair advantage in many exchanges (things like punching through blocks and miraculously surviving button-strike haymakers only to knock you out with a feather jab). Worst of all..there are constant crashes and lock-ups.... I sold it within a week of the purchase. Expand
  8. Sep 24, 2012
    It's the worst game i've ever played (no exaggeration) and i'm a huge fan of FN3 and FN4. The entire story mode is basically Rocky 4 and lasts for about 2 hours. Online gameplay is awful, fictional characters are allowed in ranked games, Andre Bishop and Issac Frost (two made up characters) have higher stats than Muhammed Ali and Ray Robinson. EA are charging people money to buy points to upgrade their online fighters in world championship mode, i find this disgraceful. The gameplay has no fluidity, the judging system is a mess, boosters, laggers and cheaters are still up to their old tricks. It's truely awful, a 0 doesn't do it justice. How they can take a game as good as FN4 and make it as bad as FNC? it just shows they don't know what there doing. The amount of patches this game has had from it's original release to now is unbelievable. They have changed the judging, removed perfect block, reduced stamina, increased stamina, reduced speed, raised speed, messed about with power. 1 punch ko's happen all the time....i'd be ashamed if i made this game, it's a huge cluster of everyones input and ideas and ends up a complete mess. Next time release the game when it's the finished article and don't cheapen boxing fans by spending your budget on a gimmicky story mode. Stay clear Expand

1. May 24, 2011
    Stunning visuals and a great champion mode make Fight Night Champion the best game in the series.
  2. May 2, 2011
    If you are a hardcore boxing fan and love grinding for stats and money and slowly rising up huge leaderboards then Fight Night Champion is probably the game for you, although from what I can tell, it doesn't really add anything to what you already had in Fight Night 4 other than the whole money thing. Sure, you can square off against 50+ licensed boxers, but for me, the big attraction was the cool story mode with enough blood and F-bombs to force a Mature rating. But even this gritty and realistic boxing story is only good for a few hours of violent fun, making Fight Night Champion a rental for casual boxers and a wait-for-budget-price upgrade for everyone else.
  3. Apr 28, 2011
    With a great new single-player mode, the addictive and engrossing Legacy gameplay, online Xbox Live matches, the usual collection of boxing's best fighters in history and the further enhancement of great gameplay and boxing physics, Fight Night Champion packs a punch of excellence as an undisputed champion of gaming greatness.