7.3

1. Mar 4, 2011
    Now i'm not a boxing fan but picked up the last night Fight Night Round 4 when I purchased a new console. I downloaded the demo of Champion and it just felt different. Much more snappy and responsive. I pre-ordered and received Champion a day before release and played it for about 3 hours. I am totally blown away with this release. Everything feels just right. Much quicker response wiseNow i'm not a boxing fan but picked up the last night Fight Night Round 4 when I purchased a new console. I downloaded the demo of Champion and it just felt different. Much more snappy and responsive. I pre-ordered and received Champion a day before release and played it for about 3 hours. I am totally blown away with this release. Everything feels just right. Much quicker response wise and the graphics do feel much more polished. The deformation of the characters are brilliant and with the blood effects included for good measure things are clear cut :). I've not played it online just yet but the concept of Gyms are a welcome edition. I am around 2 hours through the Champion story mode which is a great edition. Maybe not being an avid fight fan helps me enjoy this game more than others who have left a review on meta. Expand
  2. Mar 11, 2011
    Champion Mode is a great addition to the series and an exciting development for the sports game enthusiast. A story that pulls you along and gets you into the game. Outstanding graphics and gameplay. New controls that make it easier to start fighting and every animation in the game looks 100 times better. This is the best boxing game in the series. Hands down.
  3. Mar 16, 2011
    Best boxing game of all time, and the most well rounded simulation fighting experience on this generation of consoles. Champion mode sets a new direction for sports titles - tapping into the drama and emotion that we see in sports movies and combining that with world class simulation gameplay.
  4. Mar 16, 2012
    I used to box actively. And this game resembles boxing almost to perfection! :)
    You can move while punching. Lounge in with punches. Even throw overhands. :)
    You can even implement strategies like the real thing. (outside jab and move/bob weave to inside body shots etc.) So many possibilities! :) I've been playing this game locally with my boxing friends over, and we NEVER get bored with
    I used to box actively. And this game resembles boxing almost to perfection! :)
    You can move while punching. Lounge in with punches. Even throw overhands. :)
    I've been playing this game locally with my boxing friends over, and we NEVER get bored with this.
    A real gem!
  5. Dec 16, 2011
    Best online sports experience I've ever had. very robust online element. huge "legacy mode" keeps you busy off-line as well. flash knockdowns have never felt so real. catalog of fighters is extensive. if your a boxing fan, this is your game.
  6. Jan 18, 2014
    I really love this game. I have never wrote a review on a game before. But I had to write my review on this game. The reason why I love it so much, is because the story mode. I hope my review helps to make EA sports continue to make boxing games have a story mode to it. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was to short. Hopefully next time the story mode will be longer.this isI really love this game. I have never wrote a review on a game before. But I had to write my review on this game. The reason why I love it so much, is because the story mode. I hope my review helps to make EA sports continue to make boxing games have a story mode to it. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was to short. Hopefully next time the story mode will be longer.this is the best boxing game ever. Expand
  7. Mar 2, 2011
    A Truly Great Sequel. Improved Graphics, Gameplay And Physics. The New Champion Mode May Feel Shallow At Times, But It's A Great New Addition To The Series. This Game Is A Must Buy For Every Fan Of The Series.
  8. Mar 11, 2011
    Amazing graphics, very good gameplay, improved controls and robust feature set. Champion Mode is an exciting new addition to the sports genre but Legacy Mode and online play are still a whole lot of fun. Still a little room for improvement, but easily the best Fight Night yet.
  9. Mar 21, 2011
    While like many sports games aren't really improved considering they're always released every year this one is no different. What is different however is its new story mode or as it's called champion mode. This is considered the biggest difference in the sports games. The story mixed with is well thought out and nearly perfect in regards of challenges except for one particular fight thatWhile like many sports games aren't really improved considering they're always released every year this one is no different. What is different however is its new story mode or as it's called champion mode. This is considered the biggest difference in the sports games. The story mixed with is well thought out and nearly perfect in regards of challenges except for one particular fight that may leave people infuriated--look at the blogs about why people are pissed off right now! The control scheme is improved for those who don't do to well with analog sticks as you can now strike with the punch of a button. No point in talking about graphics as fight night graphics is always good. Overall this game is a worthy purchase for those boxing fans as it now contains an extended roster of over 50 fighters and a brand new and surprisingly good story. Expand
  10. May 21, 2011
    This game is great. It's a fun enjoyable experience for one to play with alone but it's much more fun with friends. The roster in this game is great with many famous faces as well as downloading boxers and creating your own. The champion mode is really fun and I found it enjoyable throughout. The legacy mode is great and gives you hours of time on your road to becoming the Greatest of AllThis game is great. It's a fun enjoyable experience for one to play with alone but it's much more fun with friends. The roster in this game is great with many famous faces as well as downloading boxers and creating your own. The champion mode is really fun and I found it enjoyable throughout. The legacy mode is great and gives you hours of time on your road to becoming the Greatest of All Time. I haven't played much online but it seems solid and I've had a few good fights on it. The game also holds a pretty sweet soundtrack. The AI seems to be the problem at the moment. It seems that it can be really dumb at times or way too hard to beat. Expand
  11. Mar 21, 2011
    Fight Night Champion is a good-ass game. Having not played Round 4, the leap from Round 3 to Champion is pretty damn crazy. The storyline mode they added is a nice diversion, but the best part of the game is the actual boxing. The stick controls have been dramatically improved, and the game looks and flows much better now. The motion blur makes fights look mad cool.
  12. May 16, 2011
    Being an avid fan of boxing and video games,i say EA has done a good job of giving the player a sense of being in the ring. Whether you like total punch control, using the right analog stick, or just buttons in order to fight, the options to adjust controls are there. Once in the ring, the game appears latent until you realize the lag is apparently intentional. Button presses seem to beBeing an avid fan of boxing and video games,i say EA has done a good job of giving the player a sense of being in the ring. Whether you like total punch control, using the right analog stick, or just buttons in order to fight, the options to adjust controls are there. Once in the ring, the game appears latent until you realize the lag is apparently intentional. Button presses seem to be delayed in order to fine tune your attack/strategy. e.g. Unintentionally tap the jab button 4 times rapidly, and your character will continue to throw extra punches you may feel you didn't call for, when really 4 were input intentionally or out of panic. The punches in Champion feel solid when landing, and also demand respect depending on player used, power, stamina and/or countering with power modified* punch. Some will nitpick over minute details like static blood (pointless), and repetitive mechanics, but compare that to the performance and feel in the ring. Knockout animations are not great but are better than the last few iterations and the fights can be fought they way the player intends to. Unsure of your opponents skill or power and would rather score points and be evasive? Pick the right boxer and give it a go. Not all boxing matches are exciting to watch and frustrating an opponent into fighting sloppy is all apart of the game. Expand
  13. Jun 13, 2014
    The boys at EA Canada pulled out a brilliant release, a captivating game that makes you feel the essence of boxing in every aspect. The graphics and the physics are polished, gorgeous. The gameplay is slick and realistic, very intuitive. The full-spectrum controls are easy to learn, yet challenging to master. The Legacy Mode, while having a few flaws, is quite entertaining. A great StoryThe boys at EA Canada pulled out a brilliant release, a captivating game that makes you feel the essence of boxing in every aspect. The graphics and the physics are polished, gorgeous. The gameplay is slick and realistic, very intuitive. The full-spectrum controls are easy to learn, yet challenging to master. The Legacy Mode, while having a few flaws, is quite entertaining. A great Story Mode is the cherry on the top, along with the rich soundtrack. I don't get much of the user's critics. Many seem more like butthurts who just keep losing because they make fundamental mistakes. Bare in mind that this isn't your average Tekken, so it doesn't matter if you pull out a 100 combo out of your arse, because if you do, you will remain without stamina, and then it will be a piece of cake for your opponent to knock you senseless. Trust me people, this is one of the best fighting simulators around, and you can find it at a measly price.

A must buy, 9/10.
  14. Mar 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think that Fight Night Champion is one of the best boxing games out there. Champion mode is really good, makes you want to play the whole thing without stopping, as for the legacy mode there's not much improvement from before, still i think this game is a must play. Expand
  15. Mar 7, 2011
    Generally, I have always been a huge fan of EA licensed sports games. My biggest criticism of them is that there never seems to be enough new or original content to justify a new game every year. For example, EA's NHL '11 had no noticeable gameplay improvements over the previous year's NHL title, and Tiger Woods PGA '11 had only minor gameplay refinements over the previous release.

Fight

Fight Night: Champion (released March 1 for the XB360 and the PS3) is the newest title in EA's successful boxing franchise known for its realistic boxing physics, tight gameplay and true to life graphics. So, I'm sure you're wondering, "Is Champion just another rehash of Fight Night: Rounds 3 and 4, or is there something more to this year's title?"

There have been several improvements made to Fight Night. Yeah, amazing isn't it? Probably the biggest update is the gameplay itself. Do not adjust your set; Champion plays a lot faster than Round 4 did. The overall pacing of the game and the punch delivery feels much faster and more realistic. I have never boxed a round in my life, but I watch it on TV occasionally, and these guys seem to move pretty quick. These refinements are made possible by the enhanced controls - gone are the days of attempting complicated semi-circles with the right analogue stick to perform punches in the heat of battle. Just flick the right stick in a specific direction to perform all the punches you need. All the same throws you know and love are still here, it's just way easier and more natural to pull them off. No weird semi-circle nonsense.

Champion mode is the all new single player campaign that follows a young boxer by the name of Andre Bishop. You start out in prison, get beat down by some skinheads, then flashback to your early days competing in the Olympics. During the campaign you and Andre go through a lot together, and you witness his evolution from lightweight rookie to heavyweight powerhouse. Champion mode is meant to be an extended tutorial that teaches you everything you need to excel and stay competitive online and off. Fighting in different environments and eras was very interesting.

The graphics are as sharp as ever with no noticeable frame rate issues during gameplay. The material of the boxing shorts and the sweat look photo-realistic. The punishment you inflict on your competitor's face looks great also - split your opponents lip, and the effect is seen on your body and trunks. Fight Night: Champion boasts another EA title first: an M for Mature rating. Sorry kids.

The only downside to the graphics are the cut-scenes. They look good enough, but there are lots of glitches and frame rate problems. I found that the in-game graphics looked better than the cinematics.

Champion features the largest roster of any of the Fight Night titles with 50 boxers over 7 weight divisions. Favorites such as; Muhammad Ali, George Foreman (young and old), Joe Frazier, Sugar Ray Leonard, Evander Holifield and Iron Mike Tyson are represented in all their glory.

Legacy mode returns from Round 4 and is by far the least appealing part of Fight Night: Champion. You create a boxer and build him through training to be a professional swing doctor. If only it were that cool - in contrast to Champion mode, it feels slow and sluggish. In my opinion, Champion mode should be the main single player campaign, not Legacy. The plus side of Legacy is the new economy system that allows you to train in better facilities and fund your career with sponsorships earned.

The multiplayer aspect of Champion is great if you prefer battling real people over the clever AI. Online you will start off severely underpowered and have to build yourself from the ground up. The ability to create your own gym and have other players join is a nice touch.

If you're looking for the ultimate boxing experience than look no further than Fight Night: Champion. If you're a fan of the previous games in the series, than you will be pleased with the amount of new content and improved gameplay. All I would like to see next time is an expanded Champion mode that replaces Legacy.

16. Apr 14, 2011
    punches flow smoothly with joystiq controls. the animation is also much more fluid i don't feel like i'm playing rockem sockem robots like i did with the previous installments. paquioa's combos look as fast and devastating as they do in real life. i give it a 8.5. 9 for multiplayer it's real fun when playing against other fans of the game. it makes for a good sh!t talking session. 8punches flow smoothly with joystiq controls. the animation is also much more fluid i don't feel like i'm playing rockem sockem robots like i did with the previous installments. paquioa's combos look as fast and devastating as they do in real life. i give it a 8.5. 9 for multiplayer it's real fun when playing against other fans of the game. it makes for a good sh!t talking session. 8 for story mode. Expand
  17. KBT
    Apr 28, 2011
    Being a veteran Fight Night gamer by now, I find this latest installment of the franchise entertaining again, but unfortunately with too little of innovation. Yes, the champion mode is a welcoming dimension, in fact it is the best what the game has to offer for experienced and new players. But this mode is fairly shallow, short but nevertheless much fun. Personally I think this is theBeing a veteran Fight Night gamer by now, I find this latest installment of the franchise entertaining again, but unfortunately with too little of innovation. Yes, the champion mode is a welcoming dimension, in fact it is the best what the game has to offer for experienced and new players. But this mode is fairly shallow, short but nevertheless much fun. Personally I think this is the direction EA has to take with Fight Night since the legacy mode is, once again, boring and repetitious (especially trainings are still terrible). Considering the gameplay itself; the fighting has been simplified for the better and this has definitely improved the pickup and play element. Blocking has become easier and the haymakers are gone although it is possible to perform hard but slow punishments. Dodging is still tricky and needs a lot of practice to master. Sound and graphics (slightly improved) are, once again, good (although the OST of round 4 is better I presume). But is it realistic? No, it is still fairly common that your fighter is capable of throwing punch after punch after-or-while being hit by the opponent (but that's ok). Fun? Definitely still, but it is more of the same compared to the previous installments instead of truly a new game. The only new elements worthwhile mentioning are the use of button controls besides (the simplified use of the) right analog stick, the too short but fun champion mode and the soundtrack. My advice is rent for the experienced, a go for the interested. Expand
  18. May 12, 2011
    Def. not a boxing fan but i reallly enjoyed this game. It was fun and easy enough a noob to fighting games to pick this up and be able to hold my own. But the great part is its VERY deep that you can still enjoy it after learning all the nuisances. Only complaint was online matches... ran into abunch of guys dumping every point they bought into one punch and man when you do that it doesntDef. not a boxing fan but i reallly enjoyed this game. It was fun and easy enough a noob to fighting games to pick this up and be able to hold my own. But the great part is its VERY deep that you can still enjoy it after learning all the nuisances. Only complaint was online matches... ran into abunch of guys dumping every point they bought into one punch and man when you do that it doesnt matter what you do if they tag you with that punch once its over. Expand

1. May 24, 2011
    Stunning visuals and a great champion mode make Fight Night Champion the best game in the series.
  2. May 2, 2011
    If you are a hardcore boxing fan and love grinding for stats and money and slowly rising up huge leaderboards then Fight Night Champion is probably the game for you, although from what I can tell, it doesn't really add anything to what you already had in Fight Night 4 other than the whole money thing. Sure, you can square off against 50+ licensed boxers, but for me, the big attraction was the cool story mode with enough blood and F-bombs to force a Mature rating. But even this gritty and realistic boxing story is only good for a few hours of violent fun, making Fight Night Champion a rental for casual boxers and a wait-for-budget-price upgrade for everyone else.
  3. Apr 28, 2011
    With a great new single-player mode, the addictive and engrossing Legacy gameplay, online Xbox Live matches, the usual collection of boxing's best fighters in history and the further enhancement of great gameplay and boxing physics, Fight Night Champion packs a punch of excellence as an undisputed champion of gaming greatness.