• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Nov 4, 2010
4.6

1. Nov 8, 2010
    The idea of this game is cool, but the execution is HORRENDOUS. It feels unfinished, the gameplay is repetitive, and the motion tracking is frustrating. Its hard to have fun with this game, and that's what gaming is all about. The only redeeming quality is you'll break a sweat, that is if you don't pop a blood vessel first.
  2. Dec 29, 2010
    This game is good, but not great. It's a cool kinect game, even if the graphics are terrible, and it doesn't sense you perfectly. This and Kinect Sports give you a wonderful workout. Another con, however, is unlike some kinect games, you can't use your avatar. Otherwise, the game is a load of fun.
  3. Nov 16, 2010
    I tried this at a friend's house. This game is SOOOOO Terribly executed with fight after fight after fight over and over, with a semi-lack of response. All you get out of this is a workout because you pretty much have to do twice the work to get the normal result.
  4. Nov 4, 2010
    Got my Kinect today. Love this game. Get to legally beat the crud out of bad dudes! It also gives me a great cardio workout. I think there will be better fighting games coming out like UFC Trainer which is coming in Jan., but this is a great start!
  5. Nov 5, 2010
    I signed up to Metacritic to warn people about this game. I thought a Kinect game from Ubisoft would be a safe bet... and I couldn't have been more wrong. Fighters Uncaged seems to be a simple conversion of a controller based game, rather than being designed for Kinect: you make certain moves with your body to trigger certain moves in the game just like you would press certain button combinations in a controller game. That's where it fails as a Kinect game: using a controller you can feel that you pressed the buttons, but using Kinect you're left unsure if you're moving your body in the correct way to trigger the move. Worse yet, the moves you can make are conditional on whether you're supposed to be attacking or dodging, and whether you're close or far from your target. For example, if you make a dodge move, your character in the game will only show a dodge animation if there is a punch or kick to be dodged. There's nothing to show that you did the correct movement, and that left me feeling very frustrated with the game. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2010
    Got Kinect on launch, and while this game has some problems with tracking, it is still a decent example of how Kinect motion games have much more potential over the other motion platforms. That, and the decent workout when playing.
  7. Nov 7, 2010
    Fails at what it sets out to do. Canned move set instead of freedom. Might as well play with controller, game play outside of "kinect gameplay" is generic and uninspired. Fails at what it specifically tries to do and feels like it's trying to mock the buyer from buy a kinect.
  8. Nov 22, 2010
    RUBBISH. i love ubisoft and i put this down to kinect just coming out, but at least it tried to be a game other then a "starter pack2 game for kinect. The fighting is fun untill you realise that thats it.....i meen theres about 15 fighters and all you do is fight them over and over and over and ZZZZzzzzzz. In my mind i wanted it to be an arcade game like streets of rage or the bouncer where you beet a guy up then move forward like time crisis style but its not.
    All you do is the same few moves and half of them dont even reconise the correct move and just dchoose some random move, hopefully it will do a random move for you and earn you an achivement though.
  9. Jan 4, 2011
    The game is designed like Punch out for Wii but without any controller is much more fun. Yes it is a lot of work out but it is very fun. You can dodge, counter strike, give kicks and punch. is there any other game where you can use your all body to fight, without a pad? I don't feel any lag when I play or unresponsive move as long as I fight as I learnt it in the tutorial, doing the right move at the right distance. This range concept is the key. Once you get it you're safe and can play with the different moves. Too bad there is only one character and no woman. That would have been cool if I could play against my friend, on line. This is the main reproach for me. No on line mod. Beside this it is a very good game for kinect. Expand
  10. Jun 26, 2011
    Absolutely terrible, there is no reason for anyone to buy this game. It is not worth any of my money and was a complete ripoff. It looked fun until I put it in and actually tried to play it. It is very unresponsive and I found my character kicking when I was punching. I didn't expect this game to be anything like actually fighting but it is so far away from it I don't even know what to call it. The game where you fight the robot monkey thing on the eyetoy is more entertaining and more responsive than this, even though it came out years ago on a old console with a piece of equipment less than half as advanced as kinect. Expand
  11. Feb 20, 2012
    i can't see what went wrong with this game. I had some real fun with this game, unlike those boring, generic shooters released every year. The gameplay is good, graphics are not bad and if the Kinect sensor can't read your moves then you are too close to the f***ing Kinect. Simple.
  12. Nov 11, 2014
    I love this game. i seen all the terrible reviews and i can't believe it. The game is the only game that puts you into an actual kickboxing style street fight and, allows you to fight at three different ranges. People who didn't like it are either not into fighting or never game this game the chance it deserves.

1. Jun 27, 2011
    Fighters Uncaged is a nice addition to the Kinect library but ultimately is lacks substance, which prevents it from ever becoming a 'Must Have' game. An interesting diversion but once the game has brutally punched your face off, you will be unlikely to return for a second round.
  2. Mar 15, 2011
    No chance for a game that can't have a single positive aspect. Many technical issues make this an overall failed product for Kinect owners.
  3. Feb 2, 2011
    I can't quite say that this is the worst Kinect launch game, but it's right up (read: down) there.