6.5

1. May 6, 2011
    Like the majority of recent final fantasy games this was bollocks. Another boring linear game with no real choice or influence in what you do, hack and slash rubbish. Also the new leveling up system, one word. LAZY. Graphically game was good but that about sums up the good points. Do not buy this game if you are a true rpg fan.
  2. Jul 5, 2012
    Final Fantasy XI; what a waste of my life. So far I have had positive reviews on video games; this game changes that. I know all website say this game is good; they must have been payed because the Final Fantasy XI I played sucked. I purchased this game for the Xbox 360 for twenty dollars at the local Gamestop. I was expecting to play it that night, surprise you have to get a massiveFinal Fantasy XI; what a waste of my life. So far I have had positive reviews on video games; this game changes that. I know all website say this game is good; they must have been payed because the Final Fantasy XI I played sucked. I purchased this game for the Xbox 360 for twenty dollars at the local Gamestop. I was expecting to play it that night, surprise you have to get a massive download that has nothing to do with the game. After two days of leaving my 360 on, I had to set up and online account. I then find out that there is a monthly fee of fifteen dollars a month. WTF!!! I already pay sixty dollars a year for the Xbox (luckily this game lasted only a few days more). Four days after buying this game I GOT TO PLAY!!! The graphics were as good as Final Fantasy VIII (a 1999 game). I was walking around and saying to my self, "this must be the tutorial area..not to many people here." I continued playing and got some random quest to kill things (this is an MMORPG after all) and got to level two. During my quest I saw a person doing a quest as well. (Turns out this was no tutorial, it was the game). After getting to about level four I said I am done with this **** The graphics sucked, quests were super boring, and no sense of accomplishment when playing this game. I also saw only about five people the entire time I played this game. Some MMO. I doubt that the PC version is any better. They even made several expansion to this horrible game. Nowadays people are saying that Final Fantasy XIV is terrible. My advice is to stay away from Final Fantasy MMO's. Even more good news about this game. When you try to take it to Gamestop after you have realized it sucks donkey balls, they will tell you that they cannot buy it from you because it is an MMORPG and it has been opened. I even tried to exchange it for a quarter; that failed. =( Expand
  3. Dec 24, 2011
    The game is horrendous like rob is at WoW, the game is incredibly un-user friendly, with long travel times, no way to keep track of your quest givers and mounts which you cant recall once you dismount off, all i can say about the game is that it is incredibly dated and for anyone looking for a MMO to play I would suggest any Korean free mmo over this game.
  4. May 14, 2014
    This game nearly ruined the franchise. Worst rendition of Final Fantasy ever. X was amazing and to follow it up with this crap is depressing. I refuse to play any more of there games this game is unforgivable. Online only play. Give me a break. Waste of Video game makers time. Top 10 worst MMO's but then again all MMO's are crap. WoW sucks too. Play better games. There are a at least 1000This game nearly ruined the franchise. Worst rendition of Final Fantasy ever. X was amazing and to follow it up with this crap is depressing. I refuse to play any more of there games this game is unforgivable. Online only play. Give me a break. Waste of Video game makers time. Top 10 worst MMO's but then again all MMO's are crap. WoW sucks too. Play better games. There are a at least 1000 better games out there better than any massively multi player online one. Expand

1. Final Fantasy XI is an acquired taste, and one that was built for playing on the sofa rather than on the PC. It's a pity that Square couldn't have served up something more ambitious for our first online RPG, but at least it means we get an RPG that's had three years of being knocked into shape. [Official UK Xbox Magazine]
  2. With no actual way of finishing the game, Gamers can find hundreds and hundreds of things to do, and still not be able to put it down. [Beta review: to be updated]
  3. Even hardened FF fans can't escape the fact that this is little more than a solid, functional port of a four year old game. As potentially enjoyable as it is (if you put the hours in), and as much content as there is in this all-encompassing release (if you really put the hours in), things have moved on considerably in the MMO scene in the intervening years.