Final Fantasy XI Xbox 360

6.5

1. jr
    Feb 24, 2008
    There is a lovely game full of depth, underneath the huge learning curve and horendous monotony. If yo have the patience and the time (I DIDNT cause of my classes and work),its not to late to get this and have it take over your life. (for better or worse)
    Sep 6, 2006
    Sorry, but this game is probobly a good system, I love all mmorpg's (except SWG, now.), but I just cant get the hang of the text system, I always have something funny to say, but on the xbox 360, it takes so long to type it that suddenly they are on a whole nother topic. until I can buy a xbox keyboard sold seperately, leave mmorpg's for teh pc's.
  3. Mar 1, 2011
    It's funny how this has so many negative reviews from critics when the PC version doesn't. In the end, this MMO is either for you or not. It has a steep learning curve that requires hours of poking around the FFXI wiki and learning the basics.

Also for people who do NOT get this because they don't want to pay for a gold subscription AND FFXI: Much like Phantasy Star Universe, this game does not require gold to be played online. As PlayOnline is a unique entity from XBOXlive, they do not require it. ... not that doesn't annoy MS, but hey. You can play FFXI with your silver account,

1. Final Fantasy XI is an acquired taste, and one that was built for playing on the sofa rather than on the PC. It's a pity that Square couldn't have served up something more ambitious for our first online RPG, but at least it means we get an RPG that's had three years of being knocked into shape. [Official UK Xbox Magazine]
  2. With no actual way of finishing the game, Gamers can find hundreds and hundreds of things to do, and still not be able to put it down. [Beta review: to be updated]
  3. Even hardened FF fans can't escape the fact that this is little more than a solid, functional port of a four year old game. As potentially enjoyable as it is (if you put the hours in), and as much content as there is in this all-encompassing release (if you really put the hours in), things have moved on considerably in the MMO scene in the intervening years.