6.0

1. Dec 21, 2012
    The short & sweet: It's good and it's fun, but it's not worth $20. Note: I rated the main game of Forza Horizon a 10 (loved it!)

PROS: Full on rally stages just like the Dirt games, maintains the Forza quality/realism for rally, you can rally upgrade any car in your garage (using a GTR for rally is pretty nuts), and there's a good chunk of new achievements along with it. CONS: Not

CONS: Not enough content - this is the biggest thing. I finished the whole thing within a few hours, and there are only five new cars. Really? For the money they charge Turn 10 could stand to add a good 10-20 new cars with an expansion pack like this. Only other thing I could see as a con is that they basically just re-used roads from the main game and converted them to dirt roads. If you've played most of the main game you'll notice this pretty easily.

I think it's a good starting point, and I'll be happy to see where they go with the rally portion of racing in the future Forza games.
  2. May 18, 2013
    Good expansion. Slightly overpriced but still good. The way they have re-made existing roads is cool, a lot of great turns and elevation. The cars are good, but you have probably experienced them before in Forza 4, they were all in there.
    But it's the same story with most of the DLC. Yes the cars were in Forza 4, but why complain? You get to use more cars you weren't able to use before in this game.
  3. Jun 25, 2014
    really expensive for a short content, I would rather buy a new racing game for that money then buy this. this feels like is just a rip off from Dirt. theres not much gameplay finished it in under an hr and not fun anymore once you get used to map. not many challenges

1. Mar 24, 2013
    A worthy alternative to the likes of Dirt. [Apr 2013, p.79]
  2. Mar 14, 2013
    So is it worth playing? Actually, yes, though you’ll want to watch some footage first, or be aware of the limitations of rally racing. There is no traffic or simultaneous opponents, and the lack of precipitation takes away the fun and unpredictable elements of rally. With no snow, ice, rain or mud, the times you’re racing against feel fixed rather than based on the day’s conditions.
  3. Mar 13, 2013
    An epinepfrine injection for twenty bucks is going to teach you how to drive sideways, and how to fit as many lights on your hood as you have bulbs in your flat. A rushed addition to the rushed Forza is a great fun, but with its compromises. Maybe, just maybe we would be talked into giving it eight, if there were twice as many cars.