8.2

1. Mar 21, 2015
    Personally, I dislike Gran Turismo (Specifically GT5 (Not to be confused with GTA5)) and have always preferred arcade racers (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise etc.), so when I went into Forza Horizon, boy was I surprised.

Pros: The setting of Forza Horizon is stunning and unique. No other game (aside from Horizon 2) has the same fantastic atmosphere of being in a racing

Pros:
    The setting of Forza Horizon is stunning and unique. No other game (aside from Horizon 2) has the same fantastic atmosphere of being in a racing festival. The feeling is gratifying and atmospheric.
    Along with the great atmosphere, the visuals are also fantastic to look at. Not quite up to Halo 4's standard, but lighting is great and environments look very good.
    The actual driving is very nice. Much better than Gran Turismo. The controls are very nice, the scheme actually makes sense and difficulty is generally balanced, even though you can change it.
    Sound design, unlike Gran Turismo, is great! The right cars have the right amount of auditory aggression to them and its great!
    There are lots of things to do at Horizon, from races to PR stunts to RACING HELICOPTERS AND PLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a lot of variety to the game and you will not run out of races to do.
    There are lots of cars to buy and choose from. Not too sure how many there are, but there is a good variety of car brands and racing purists will spend ages looking through them.
    The online modes are actually very surprisingly good. They are generally fun and you can get into some games, despite many people not playing the game anymore. (Possibly because of Horizon 2 being out).

Nitpick:
    Personally, the music is not to my taste and just reminds me what this world has come to. It doesn't affect the game though.

In conclusion. Forza Horizon is a fantastic game and is on par with Halo 4 as my 2012 Game of the Year! Darn, Microsoft did well for me in 2012 :D

2. Feb 18, 2015
    Very fun game!! Last year I had bought a new Xbox 360 and this was included inside the box in code form to download. I Normally don't enjoy racing games that much but I decided to give this one a try and it was AMAZING! Easy achievements I done quite a bit of races mostly the ones to unlock the wristbands I finally got the Golden wristband and the 1st place in game driver rank to get theVery fun game!! Last year I had bought a new Xbox 360 and this was included inside the box in code form to download. I Normally don't enjoy racing games that much but I decided to give this one a try and it was AMAZING! Easy achievements I done quite a bit of races mostly the ones to unlock the wristbands I finally got the Golden wristband and the 1st place in game driver rank to get the achievement it's pretty easy just drifting and going high speeds but it sucks when you crash just a little bit you don't get the points haha overall GREAT GAME Would totally purchase the second one as I seen it came out for Xbox 360! I'm glad they released the 2nd one for 360! I shall purchase it soon as this one was SUPERB! VERY FUN they could of put more music into it as the music can get a little repetitive but overall GREAT GAME great car list and car upgrades! Expand
  3. Jan 1, 2015
    This is a brilliant game with so many good features in it.Its got good driving physics and beautiful graphics with a pretty big map. It has really good music too. This game has a special feature, you can rewind time when your in a race or free roam so if you crash you can go back. Its a great game.
  4. Dec 24, 2014
    I just came back to this game after tossing out its disappointing sequel (360 version) and was reminded of what an excellent game it is. The selection of cars, setting, music, graphics, driving physics are all brilliant and that is no exaggeration. It is without a doubt the most fun racing game I have played on the Xbox 360, and probably the best I've ever played on any console.
  5. Oct 26, 2014
    A really fun game with AMAZING graphics. It has great colour to it, and the shining sun looks ever so beautiful shining on the cars. The multiplayer is great fun, and I mean GREAT.
  6. Sep 14, 2014
    So after getting this game 2 years ago, I can still pick it up, put it into my 360 and have as much fun in it as if I only got it a month ago. I have like 20 other racing games that I've collected since 2007 for the 360, and 18 of them I haven't even touched. So why did I pick up Horizon again after over a year? Because the virtual driving experience that it provides is really unique andSo after getting this game 2 years ago, I can still pick it up, put it into my 360 and have as much fun in it as if I only got it a month ago. I have like 20 other racing games that I've collected since 2007 for the 360, and 18 of them I haven't even touched. So why did I pick up Horizon again after over a year? Because the virtual driving experience that it provides is really unique and thrilling, and there is no other game out there that can provide such an experience, not until Horizon 2 drops in a few weeks.

That experience is having robust sim-cade car handling on the open world. It may feel like an arcade racer at first, but get in a RWD supercar, turn off all the assists, select cockpit view and try to drive as fast as you can while sticking to one road lane, and you'll discover something that you've never experienced before in any Need for Speed game.
  7. Jun 8, 2014
    Forza Horizon, a nice twist on the original forza Motorsport series. Changing from a track based racing same to a free roam. With over 150 cars to choose from this game is no exeption. It has a slightly different racing style to forza 4 but it has the nice arcade feel ive been wanting from forza which they can improve on in their new release of forza Horizon 2 at E3 this year
  8. Apr 30, 2014
    Looking at the cover, I didn't expect an engaging, fast, fun and incredible game. Nothing is better than driving strait down the interstate at 200 mph taking in all the Colorado scenery than pulling off a fifty foot drift and into a fence . There are still flaws like the amount of invisible walls, the crash physics and how you can't use half the sweet cars you buy in races. But, that isLooking at the cover, I didn't expect an engaging, fast, fun and incredible game. Nothing is better than driving strait down the interstate at 200 mph taking in all the Colorado scenery than pulling off a fifty foot drift and into a fence . There are still flaws like the amount of invisible walls, the crash physics and how you can't use half the sweet cars you buy in races. But, that is ignored when I beat my friends speed zone record. Expand
  9. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Turn10 has done it again with Horizon.forget about any other racing game including need for speed.the cars look,sound,and drive amazing and realistic more than you can say for most other car games.while its still street racing it is some what proffesional and organized.upgrading of cars going deeper that i've ever seen i can modify my audi rs4 to a R8 motor its just awesome.there's only 2 minor flaws i found with the game.1 no tuning of the cars wich i tapicaly like and.2 decals and vynals are a bit poor.but otherwise awesome. FORZA rules Expand
  10. Feb 17, 2014
    best game i've ever played on my xbox 360 so realistic, when you've got xbox live you can get 193 cars and the most legany car on the planet is in the offline gameplay. lots of dlc cars to download and car packs ect, rally pack witch is deffantly worth the £13.67 you get 5 diffrent cars to start off with and lots of different parts for when making a rally car. GET IT
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is awesome just awesome the best graphics ever and the cars are so life like it is insane. But finding the barn finds is pretty hard I think.
  12. Dec 19, 2013
    Forza Horizon is a great game. A beautiful open world that immerses you combined with strong racing elements makes for a breath-taking experience. The barn finds in the game, also, are extremely enjoyable.
  13. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is really nothing wrong with Forza Horizon but they do need to update the game and put a 2006 or 2007 Chevy Corvette Z06 and a McLaren P1 and maybe more race events Expand
  14. Sep 6, 2013
    Keep doing what you do best, as this shows clearly fine art. I have played this game since day 1, and I love it. A few minor details that have room for improvement even though the bar has been set so high because of this game.
    PROS: Beautiful scenic drives in different locations, real time traffic, great camera views, and good selection of cars
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on 5.1/7.1 dolby, needs more depth, more projection from engine noise such as when your doing 120 mph through a section of buildings or even full throttle in a 500-1000 hp vehicle it would be extremely loud, sound waves bouncing off every object, and tons of commotion to where you cant think straight with a pair of Sennheisser or Turtle Beach PX51 headphones.
    Also more car selection like the older cars from previous games such as mazda 787b.
  15. Aug 6, 2013
    this game is fantastic! reminds me of need for speed underground last generation but with a huge open world and a tonne of great cars. graphically the game is great and the environments and cars have that great feel. the difficulty of the game can be adjusted in a number of ways to ensure the game is never to hard or to easy. throw in a tonne of customization abilities, many racing modesthis game is fantastic! reminds me of need for speed underground last generation but with a huge open world and a tonne of great cars. graphically the game is great and the environments and cars have that great feel. the difficulty of the game can be adjusted in a number of ways to ensure the game is never to hard or to easy. throw in a tonne of customization abilities, many racing modes and open world events such as random challenges, barnyard cars and speed cameras this game has a lot of content. Expand
  16. May 18, 2013
    Exactly what IGN said. 'It's the game we've been taught not to expect'. Great map, great cars, great detail, overall the game works amazingly. Only bad thing I would say is how they approach thew DLC. It's good, but only 6 cars for 400MSP is a bit bad. People complain about a small car list, but c'mon. How many games nowadays have 140 cars? With a lot of them being great cars, and not 50Exactly what IGN said. 'It's the game we've been taught not to expect'. Great map, great cars, great detail, overall the game works amazingly. Only bad thing I would say is how they approach thew DLC. It's good, but only 6 cars for 400MSP is a bit bad. People complain about a small car list, but c'mon. How many games nowadays have 140 cars? With a lot of them being great cars, and not 50 odd Nissans and Hondas.
    The game was short, around 15-20 to complete, but there was still stuff to do after you finish. And that was improved apon even more with the free 1000 club expansion.
    Amazing game
  17. Mar 27, 2013
    So first look into horizon, I'd have to say the only negative complaints are this. There's no split screen multiplayer, and the sound of some of the cars (You're reading a review from a gearhead, keep in mind) aren't very accurate. It almost appears like the FH team focused on the big, expensive cars more than the little ones. Of course, the Pagani Huayra was straight on cue, but theSo first look into horizon, I'd have to say the only negative complaints are this. There's no split screen multiplayer, and the sound of some of the cars (You're reading a review from a gearhead, keep in mind) aren't very accurate. It almost appears like the FH team focused on the big, expensive cars more than the little ones. Of course, the Pagani Huayra was straight on cue, but the smaller, slower cars aren't given as much love! Other than that, still my favorite racing game, just as good as FM 4, but in a completely different perspective. The only thing I wish I could fix is the noise and the multiplayer features. Expand
  18. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is awesome, they introcued a new side series for Free-Roam in which made users travel around the city beating Racers on the Road to earn cash and also beat the Speed Cams. A amazing game this is.
  19. Jan 28, 2013
    The game is so much cool 150 cars a smalest collection comparing with fm4 and its dont have the co op multiplayer but this game is really fantastic the graphics are so beautiful and the story is so perfect and the multiplayer was the same as fm4 but its so nice
  20. Jan 15, 2013
    I recall seeing rumors for this game popping up in the Forza 4 thread and instantly despising it once I saw the trailer. Being a fan of racing games, dumping many hours in Forza 3 and 4, and also a huge fan of EDM, it was like seeing them perverted and slapped together in some BS off year game. While I still hold strong on my position of the whole EDM center to the game, it held up on theI recall seeing rumors for this game popping up in the Forza 4 thread and instantly despising it once I saw the trailer. Being a fan of racing games, dumping many hours in Forza 3 and 4, and also a huge fan of EDM, it was like seeing them perverted and slapped together in some BS off year game. While I still hold strong on my position of the whole EDM center to the game, it held up on the racing side. If seeing a racer look so damn beautiful and remind me what it is like to drive a nice car through a beautiful part of the world wasn't enough, the gameplay was really fun. It held up extremely well to what I would expect from a Forza series and in some cases went beyond my expectations in providing something that a more "arcady" racer wouldn't necessarily require to please most of its fans. My favorite parts of the game were the point to point races that felt more like a reality than something like a circuit race. Being able to fly at 120mph on the edge of the cliff with the orange faces of Colorado's natural formations surrounding me or blazing down desert highways dodging commuter traffic at absurd speeds were really the staples of this game; these were the moments that kept me wanting more. There were definitely dull moments and a lot of the story, if you want to call it that, was exactly the same as NFS: Pro Street. I think the most surprising part for me was how much side stuff there was to do. When I first started playing I was annoyed by how far apart the races were and thinking about how much time I was going to spend over the course of the game driving in between events versus just choosing an event off a grid in Forza 4. Luckily the game soon unveils that you actually have an amazing amount of other stuff to do to pass the time and make those trips more fun. I equate it to interactive loading screens. Some of the downsides for me included not being able to swap my free roam car with ease or not being able to tune/upgrade without visiting the garage in the center of the map. I often found myself driving the same car in between events for each act of the game. So, I am pleased to say that Forza Horizon was the first game I completed in 2013, and if you are the kind of person who enjoys racing games (especially ones that are BEAUTIFUL), arcade or sim, this is absolutely worth dropping time into. Expand
  21. Jan 6, 2013
    Forza was getting stale. Circuit based racing that has been done to death in the franchise full of exotic exports and authentic driving experiences. The restrictions were too tight it seems, as Playground Games have stripped out all the senses of confinement and given us a stunning naturalistic landscape to race around in. Red rocking canyons, long stretches of road and valleys tearingForza was getting stale. Circuit based racing that has been done to death in the franchise full of exotic exports and authentic driving experiences. The restrictions were too tight it seems, as Playground Games have stripped out all the senses of confinement and given us a stunning naturalistic landscape to race around in. Red rocking canyons, long stretches of road and valleys tearing through the countryside with mountains gleaning in the backgrounds. The lack of changing weather systems and varied terrain are slight dents in the bodywork, but bringing Forza to the open world is a successful experiment that is due to a repeat trip. Expand
  22. Jan 3, 2013
    it's very good many new things great songs why not buy it nice cars nice places to race the game looks awesome it's a free rom if you love free rom racing games you will want to get this game (
  23. Jan 2, 2013
    (review em pt-br aki) Gostei muito do jogo, ótima trilha sonora, bom gameplay. Na minha opinão só peca um pouco em ser arcade e se você bater a 300km/h em uma árvore nada acontecer(só amassar um pouco). Pode ser também que enjoe de jogar, pois acabando as corridas não tem muito mais coisa para fazer. Mas é muito(review em pt-br aki) Gostei muito do jogo, ótima trilha sonora, bom gameplay. Na minha opinão só peca um pouco em ser arcade e se você bater a 300km/h em uma árvore nada acontecer(só amassar um pouco). Pode ser também que enjoe de jogar, pois acabando as corridas não tem muito mais coisa para fazer. Mas é muito recomedável sim e da pra divertir legal, além de a trilha sonora ser maravilhosa. Fls galera! Expand
  24. Jan 2, 2013
    EXCELLENT music, relaxed/less strict cornering, great points/XP to be earned at EVERY corner, overall a GREAT game. I have been playing Forza since Forza 2, and I know and love the simulation driving that it brings. With Horizon, there is a huge difference from the rest of the series, but even with my love of simulations driving/racing games, they have still done it justice. Yes it may beEXCELLENT music, relaxed/less strict cornering, great points/XP to be earned at EVERY corner, overall a GREAT game. I have been playing Forza since Forza 2, and I know and love the simulation driving that it brings. With Horizon, there is a huge difference from the rest of the series, but even with my love of simulations driving/racing games, they have still done it justice. Yes it may be simpler, and less strict, but the driving challenge is still customizable with all the assists and everything, so I do not see others complaints. I play with a +70% Credit bonus with most assists off, and high difficulty, so the only other gripes I see is maybe the new "shortcuts" as in the NFS series, where the best line might not help you, and may hinder, but the drifting is much improved, there is traffic to avoid on the road, and there is still the great, critically acclaimed physics engine behind it all. It IS still Forza, street style, done right. The entire experience of the Horizon in game festival brings joy to my heart every time I drive main area. They have done a great job at immersing you into the experience, and that is a crucial point I look for. I will say, however, that I am a huge hater of DLC, especially the DLC that is ready at launch, but my copy came with the rally expansion pack for free(Thank you Amazon), and the rest of the DLC cars are minimal in price, and worth every penny. I am new to the XBox racing game, as I have been strictly a PC gamer, but oh my god, why did I not join sooner!? The entire Forza series is a wonder, a brilliant wonder, and I miss not being current with the rest of the series. Anyways, even if you are a hardcore Forza simulation guru and fanatic, do not shy away from this game, as it still offers the same great Forza experience, just keep in mind this version is not the track variety, and instead is based on street racing. Only the tracks really suffer, tbh. Overall, I definitely recommend this game to casual racer fans and simulation gamers alike. Expand
  25. Dec 27, 2012
    This is supposed to be just a spin off , but I didn't realize that it maybe be pne of the best race games i've played, but it is not just an arcade game it is a mesh-up off arcade and simulators, and that is the bad point of this game.It is too realistic!. You accelerate and the car dont go like the NFS, you have to pratice the control of the car becouse it's too hard to control fast cars.This is supposed to be just a spin off , but I didn't realize that it maybe be pne of the best race games i've played, but it is not just an arcade game it is a mesh-up off arcade and simulators, and that is the bad point of this game.It is too realistic!. You accelerate and the car dont go like the NFS, you have to pratice the control of the car becouse it's too hard to control fast cars. But it is too the best point of the game, you can feel like a racer, you take a Ferrari and accelerate to 300Km/h and you feel the volocity of the car, and if you play in first person camera the experience of the being raring is too nice. So its a game that if you like real experience but an open world to explore, and the feel of be free in an simulator this game is for you. Expand
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Wow! This sums up my experience with this game. Ive been playing forza series since forza3 and i was skeptical about this title at first. I actually enjoyed racing with the previous forza titles on tracks where corners and apex of every turn is hilighted. Horizon gives forza a more freeflow feel, i turned off the racing line completely because this game doesnt penalize u for takingWow! This sums up my experience with this game. Ive been playing forza series since forza3 and i was skeptical about this title at first. I actually enjoyed racing with the previous forza titles on tracks where corners and apex of every turn is hilighted. Horizon gives forza a more freeflow feel, i turned off the racing line completely because this game doesnt penalize u for taking shortcuts or cutting corners. Its just so much fun. A tip to put more fun and make it more challenging especially for forza vets is to turn off assist and switch to manual transmission. Assisst sometimes mess up your driving and make u slower. Having full control of your car with forza physics in an open beautiful world is just awesome. Get this game. Note that is one of the few games in metacritic with a user score approximating the critic score. Much respect to the dev. Expand
  27. Dec 2, 2012
    Ba ba ba ba baaaa im lovin it! This is great fun and looks amazeballs, seriously the graphics made me do a little bit of a sex wee in my pants. The music and Grand Theft Auto style radio stations are cool too! Well done Play Ground Games, a job well done. *salutes you*
  28. Dec 2, 2012
    I just purchased this game on black Friday for 15$, and let me tell you it was well worth it. I am usually a little skeptical when it comes to racing games because I want one that is fun but not too arcade like and also one that is realistic but not simulation. This for me was the perfect mix of the two. It takes a lot from what was great in Forza 4 and just makes it a little more arcadeI just purchased this game on black Friday for 15$, and let me tell you it was well worth it. I am usually a little skeptical when it comes to racing games because I want one that is fun but not too arcade like and also one that is realistic but not simulation. This for me was the perfect mix of the two. It takes a lot from what was great in Forza 4 and just makes it a little more arcade like with better drifting. The vehicle customization is immersive and deep as you would expect from a Forza game, and the car clubs are back and still as fun as before. The online play is your standard fair for a racing game, but they also have playground play lists like infection, and cat and mouse etc. I had a lot of fun playing with friends online and its interesting because every time you rank up, you get a lottery and you can win anything from 4500 credits, to a new car, or even one million credits. Overall the atmosphere is pleasing, the mechanics are top notch, the customization is great, and the overall presentation is very well done. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes a little arcade flavor with their racing games. Expand
  29. Dec 1, 2012
    Loved this game. Can be as sim or arcady as you like - my preference is somewhere between. Also plays great with the wireless steering wheel. Gorgeous graphics, fantastic cars and scenery, races and progression are expertly set up - only bummer are the endless taunts you have to suffer from the game's characters before each race. Otherwise, my favourite racing game on console. A+!!!
  30. Nov 28, 2012
    Since i picked this game up i cant put it down! Looks AMAZIN,alot better lookin than Forza 3 and 4, lots to see an do with simulator handlin and sim upgrades,decals,paint,wheels,turbos,suspension, everything from Forza 4 has been carried over, best open world racer and one of the best racing games ever!
  31. Nov 14, 2012
    This game really has no right to be this good. No cops, no crazy jumps, no driving off the track in an open world racer. Yet here I am wondering if this is the best racer I have played this generation. Could be. But finding something to compare it too is a little hard. It isn't really like Forza 4 or GT5 but it isn't quite Burnout either. The cars control as arcade or as sim as you want soThis game really has no right to be this good. No cops, no crazy jumps, no driving off the track in an open world racer. Yet here I am wondering if this is the best racer I have played this generation. Could be. But finding something to compare it too is a little hard. It isn't really like Forza 4 or GT5 but it isn't quite Burnout either. The cars control as arcade or as sim as you want so you basically get the best of both worlds. You have standard races, 1 on 1 races, glorified time trials racing against planes and hot air balloons, sections where you just try and hit top speeds, signs to destroy for discounts, old cars called barn finds to discover hidden in the world (Supposed to be Colorado and does a decent job of doing it), and Forza 4's insane livery / car details system. But it is all kept in realism so maybe it is a tad too safe for a system with 3 Forza's and 2 Project Gotham's. The cars look great bit not quite up to Forza 4's levels plus there are not quite as many to choose from. It also runs at 30 fps instead of 60. And when you see it you will know why. It looks incredible and some of the cars are so fast it looks like the road textures are moving backwards! Great variety in racing terrain as well. Dirt, mud, street, gravel. It is all here and most races require you driving on more than one. It has the best lighting engine in any racer by far, a sweet day to night cycle, and very little pop-in. And these tracks are insanely detailed. Nothing is better than driving through the forest and seeing the lights from a nearby town or better yet, the Horizon Festival in the background. It is a looker and one of the best looking console games out period. Speaking of the festival that counts as your hub for all things racing. Your garage, upgrades, all done there. There is somewhat of a story to it but I lost interest in it. Needless to say the music was decent enough that I did not load up my hard drive music to turn it off. The story did do a good job on how you earn the wrist bands, which in actuality just opens up more tracks. If you have a 360 and like racers there is no reason not to pick this up. It is probably the best racing game out, and since racing is usually my favorite genre, that is saying something. Collapse

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Forza Horizon is not simply a great racing game; it’s a great game in general. From the handling to the visuals and sound, from the tweaking to the reward system, Horizon has everything it needs to be an enjoyable time. It may lack the challenge and depth that fans of the core Forza series know and love but if you’ve admired the Forza Motorsport games from a distance (like me) then do yourself a favor and play this amazing game.
    Valiant and almost flawless effort to bring more arcade elements into the serious Forza games offers more than any other competition. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Like a real party Forza Horizon can entertain you for hours. The game offers variation in both the singleplayer and multiplayer modes and looks fantastic. The soundtrack just completes it. Despite a few flaws the franchise took a turn that proves to be good for newcomers, but also great for the fanbase. You can't miss out on this party.