8.2

1. Mar 21, 2015
    Personally, I dislike Gran Turismo (Specifically GT5 (Not to be confused with GTA5)) and have always preferred arcade racers (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise etc.), so when I went into Forza Horizon, boy was I surprised.

Pros: The setting of Forza Horizon is stunning and unique. No other game (aside from Horizon 2) has the same fantastic atmosphere of being in a racing

Pros:
    The setting of Forza Horizon is stunning and unique. No other game (aside from Horizon 2) has the same fantastic atmosphere of being in a racing festival. The feeling is gratifying and atmospheric.
    Along with the great atmosphere, the visuals are also fantastic to look at. Not quite up to Halo 4's standard, but lighting is great and environments look very good.
    The actual driving is very nice. Much better than Gran Turismo. The controls are very nice, the scheme actually makes sense and difficulty is generally balanced, even though you can change it.
    Sound design, unlike Gran Turismo, is great! The right cars have the right amount of auditory aggression to them and its great!
    There are lots of things to do at Horizon, from races to PR stunts to RACING HELICOPTERS AND PLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a lot of variety to the game and you will not run out of races to do.
    There are lots of cars to buy and choose from. Not too sure how many there are, but there is a good variety of car brands and racing purists will spend ages looking through them.
    The online modes are actually very surprisingly good. They are generally fun and you can get into some games, despite many people not playing the game anymore. (Possibly because of Horizon 2 being out).

Nitpick:
    Personally, the music is not to my taste and just reminds me what this world has come to. It doesn't affect the game though.

In conclusion. Forza Horizon is a fantastic game and is on par with Halo 4 as my 2012 Game of the Year! Darn, Microsoft did well for me in 2012 :D

2. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is awesome a must own for any racing or top gear fan.It has a lot to do and a nice car list and well-designed world,the one weakness is that the main campaign will probably take 6-10 hours which is not long enough for a racing games.
  3. Feb 18, 2015
    Very fun game!! Last year I had bought a new Xbox 360 and this was included inside the box in code form to download. I Normally don't enjoy racing games that much but I decided to give this one a try and it was AMAZING! Easy achievements I done quite a bit of races mostly the ones to unlock the wristbands I finally got the Golden wristband and the 1st place in game driver rank to get theVery fun game!! Last year I had bought a new Xbox 360 and this was included inside the box in code form to download. I Normally don't enjoy racing games that much but I decided to give this one a try and it was AMAZING! Easy achievements I done quite a bit of races mostly the ones to unlock the wristbands I finally got the Golden wristband and the 1st place in game driver rank to get the achievement it's pretty easy just drifting and going high speeds but it sucks when you crash just a little bit you don't get the points haha overall GREAT GAME Would totally purchase the second one as I seen it came out for Xbox 360! I'm glad they released the 2nd one for 360! I shall purchase it soon as this one was SUPERB! VERY FUN they could of put more music into it as the music can get a little repetitive but overall GREAT GAME great car list and car upgrades! Expand
  4. Jan 1, 2015
    This is a brilliant game with so many good features in it.Its got good driving physics and beautiful graphics with a pretty big map. It has really good music too. This game has a special feature, you can rewind time when your in a race or free roam so if you crash you can go back. Its a great game.
  5. Dec 28, 2014
    While visually very nice and I like the idea of the open world racing game, Forza Horizon never offered anything that would be fun or captivating, it all felt like a mindless racing around in some random races, until I just completely lost my interest. I would stick to NFS series for quality racing games as far as I'm concerned, recently played Most Wanted that handled the racingWhile visually very nice and I like the idea of the open world racing game, Forza Horizon never offered anything that would be fun or captivating, it all felt like a mindless racing around in some random races, until I just completely lost my interest. I would stick to NFS series for quality racing games as far as I'm concerned, recently played Most Wanted that handled the racing entertainment in the open world much better imo. 5/10 Expand
  6. Dec 24, 2014
    I just came back to this game after tossing out its disappointing sequel (360 version) and was reminded of what an excellent game it is. The selection of cars, setting, music, graphics, driving physics are all brilliant and that is no exaggeration. It is without a doubt the most fun racing game I have played on the Xbox 360, and probably the best I've ever played on any console.
  7. Oct 26, 2014
    A really fun game with AMAZING graphics. It has great colour to it, and the shining sun looks ever so beautiful shining on the cars. The multiplayer is great fun, and I mean GREAT.
  8. Oct 5, 2014
    Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced, you see all the amazing new features and cars, then get onto the 360 and realise they're only for the Xbox One, there are bits of the map that are inaccessible, poor landscape graphics, cheesy starts to races with the arcade noises and missing cars that are unavailable on the 360. This made theForza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced, you see all the amazing new features and cars, then get onto the 360 and realise they're only for the Xbox One, there are bits of the map that are inaccessible, poor landscape graphics, cheesy starts to races with the arcade noises and missing cars that are unavailable on the 360. This made the game a huge disappointment for me, I couldn't wait to try out some of the amazing rally cars and drift around the docks and warehouses but you can't go there and it makes the game horrible. If that isn't enough, Turn 10 have put so little effort into the 360 version that you go online (which no longer contains online free roam unless it's private with friends) that people have already hacked the game to gain maximum level and credits. If you are going to get this game, don't get it on the xbox 360 Expand
  9. Sep 14, 2014
    So after getting this game 2 years ago, I can still pick it up, put it into my 360 and have as much fun in it as if I only got it a month ago. I have like 20 other racing games that I've collected since 2007 for the 360, and 18 of them I haven't even touched. So why did I pick up Horizon again after over a year? Because the virtual driving experience that it provides is really unique andSo after getting this game 2 years ago, I can still pick it up, put it into my 360 and have as much fun in it as if I only got it a month ago. I have like 20 other racing games that I've collected since 2007 for the 360, and 18 of them I haven't even touched. So why did I pick up Horizon again after over a year? Because the virtual driving experience that it provides is really unique and thrilling, and there is no other game out there that can provide such an experience, not until Horizon 2 drops in a few weeks.

That experience is having robust sim-cade car handling on the open world. It may feel like an arcade racer at first, but get in a RWD supercar, turn off all the assists, select cockpit view and try to drive as fast as you can while sticking to one road lane, and you'll discover something that you've never experienced before in any Need for Speed game.
  10. Sep 5, 2014
    Forza Horizon is a fun open world racer using more realistic physics than it's competition. The soundtrack is first rate, and the car selection (compared to other racers of the type) is commendable as well. Also, Forza Horizon again packs loads of modifications into it's car builds. The game offers a nice variety of tracks and challenges that contribute to some pretty solid gameplayForza Horizon is a fun open world racer using more realistic physics than it's competition. The soundtrack is first rate, and the car selection (compared to other racers of the type) is commendable as well. Also, Forza Horizon again packs loads of modifications into it's car builds. The game offers a nice variety of tracks and challenges that contribute to some pretty solid gameplay time.
    All of this would make you think that Forza Horizon should be an 8 or a 9, and if you are unfamiliar with the Forza family of games you would be absolutely right.

I am not unfamiliar with Forza, I have played Forza 1-4, and this game is a 6 for me.
    1st-The story line is better than other Forza titles which have none, but is not an adequate story compared to other open world racers.
    2nd-If you are very familiar with Forza, than you will be disappointed by how few cars there are.
    3rd-If you have to play Forza games at max difficulty, this game will infuriate you. You will hit races where you have only one or two car options and neither will seem fast enough. You will smash your head against a table after your 30th attempt to complete a 2 minute race.
    4th-And finally, Turn 10 are crooks and dangle DLC cars in front of your nose constantly. Add to that Rally upgrades and races not available until you get the DLC. Add to that Tokens that you purchase with real money to get crap add-ons like fast travel anywhere and treasure maps. Couple this with the recent Forza 5 "Day of DLC" that cost almost as much as the game just to give you a proper amount of cars for a simulator and you have fairly conclusive evidence that Turn 10 makes games with as little content as they can get away with and then spend the rest of your gaming time trying to milk you for every dollar. (And breathe...)
    This game is a de-contented twist on an excellent franchise that seems doomed to drown in it's own greed. It is still a good game but it could have been great. Can the next racing simulator franchise please stand up.
  11. Aug 21, 2014
    The game is ok but their is no tuning board the fine tune your car. you can buy all the upgrades but how the hell are you suppose to truly fine out how powerful your car is with out tuning radiculous.
  12. Jul 18, 2014
    I love that this game is expanding the audience from a typical gear head Forza. I like arcade type games and this one hits the spot without making me feel like I have not grown up. I would suggest that anyone looking for something a little different in a racer but still likes it to be grounded in reality to check this game out! I can't wait for the next one to come out on the "horizon"I love that this game is expanding the audience from a typical gear head Forza. I like arcade type games and this one hits the spot without making me feel like I have not grown up. I would suggest that anyone looking for something a little different in a racer but still likes it to be grounded in reality to check this game out! I can't wait for the next one to come out on the "horizon" .... Thanks, I will be here all week, try the fish! Expand
  13. Jun 8, 2014
    Forza Horizon, a nice twist on the original forza Motorsport series. Changing from a track based racing same to a free roam. With over 150 cars to choose from this game is no exeption. It has a slightly different racing style to forza 4 but it has the nice arcade feel ive been wanting from forza which they can improve on in their new release of forza Horizon 2 at E3 this year
  14. Apr 30, 2014
    Looking at the cover, I didn't expect an engaging, fast, fun and incredible game. Nothing is better than driving strait down the interstate at 200 mph taking in all the Colorado scenery than pulling off a fifty foot drift and into a fence . There are still flaws like the amount of invisible walls, the crash physics and how you can't use half the sweet cars you buy in races. But, that isLooking at the cover, I didn't expect an engaging, fast, fun and incredible game. Nothing is better than driving strait down the interstate at 200 mph taking in all the Colorado scenery than pulling off a fifty foot drift and into a fence . There are still flaws like the amount of invisible walls, the crash physics and how you can't use half the sweet cars you buy in races. But, that is ignored when I beat my friends speed zone record. Expand
  15. Mar 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Turn10 has done it again with Horizon.forget about any other racing game including need for speed.the cars look,sound,and drive amazing and realistic more than you can say for most other car games.while its still street racing it is some what proffesional and organized.upgrading of cars going deeper that i've ever seen i can modify my audi rs4 to a R8 motor its just awesome.there's only 2 minor flaws i found with the game.1 no tuning of the cars wich i tapicaly like and.2 decals and vynals are a bit poor.but otherwise awesome. FORZA rules Expand
  16. Feb 17, 2014
    best game i've ever played on my xbox 360 so realistic, when you've got xbox live you can get 193 cars and the most legany car on the planet is in the offline gameplay. lots of dlc cars to download and car packs ect, rally pack witch is deffantly worth the £13.67 you get 5 diffrent cars to start off with and lots of different parts for when making a rally car. GET IT
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is awesome just awesome the best graphics ever and the cars are so life like it is insane. But finding the barn finds is pretty hard I think.
  18. Dec 19, 2013
    Forza Horizon is a great game. A beautiful open world that immerses you combined with strong racing elements makes for a breath-taking experience. The barn finds in the game, also, are extremely enjoyable.
  19. Dec 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is really nothing wrong with Forza Horizon but they do need to update the game and put a 2006 or 2007 Chevy Corvette Z06 and a McLaren P1 and maybe more race events Expand
  20. Sep 6, 2013
    Keep doing what you do best, as this shows clearly fine art. I have played this game since day 1, and I love it. A few minor details that have room for improvement even though the bar has been set so high because of this game.
    PROS: Beautiful scenic drives in different locations, real time traffic, great camera views, and good selection of cars
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on 5.1/7.1 dolby, needs more depth, more projection from engine noise such as when your doing 120 mph through a section of buildings or even full throttle in a 500-1000 hp vehicle it would be extremely loud, sound waves bouncing off every object, and tons of commotion to where you cant think straight with a pair of Sennheisser or Turtle Beach PX51 headphones.
    Also more car selection like the older cars from previous games such as mazda 787b.
  21. Aug 20, 2013
    If your thing is playing a game that could have been so great but ruined by the collision physics on multiplayer, i had about 15 online races with one being clean and that is because the collisions were off, no matter how much you try and keep clean and play fair your bashed purposely by everyone and come off worse 9 times out of 10 despite being the good one.

What a shame they failed

What a shame they failed with this aspect of the game which makes it an utterly useless addition to any serious gamers collection, unless you can deal with the full contact racing if not i strongly advise to look elsewhere.
  22. Aug 15, 2013
    Forza Horizion is a poor game for many reason's, The price of the DLC's for one, 4000 msp for the season is a rip off, the cars are all the same, there's not enough cars on the game, too short of a career mode. This game is not worth the money. stay away from it.
  23. Aug 6, 2013
    this game is fantastic! reminds me of need for speed underground last generation but with a huge open world and a tonne of great cars. graphically the game is great and the environments and cars have that great feel. the difficulty of the game can be adjusted in a number of ways to ensure the game is never to hard or to easy. throw in a tonne of customization abilities, many racing modesthis game is fantastic! reminds me of need for speed underground last generation but with a huge open world and a tonne of great cars. graphically the game is great and the environments and cars have that great feel. the difficulty of the game can be adjusted in a number of ways to ensure the game is never to hard or to easy. throw in a tonne of customization abilities, many racing modes and open world events such as random challenges, barnyard cars and speed cameras this game has a lot of content. Expand
  24. Jul 31, 2013
    Why does this game have so many good reviews. This game isn't even really made by Turn 10. It's boring, repetitive. I was hoping for a realistic open world racer and that's not what I got.
  25. May 18, 2013
    Exactly what IGN said. 'It's the game we've been taught not to expect'. Great map, great cars, great detail, overall the game works amazingly. Only bad thing I would say is how they approach thew DLC. It's good, but only 6 cars for 400MSP is a bit bad. People complain about a small car list, but c'mon. How many games nowadays have 140 cars? With a lot of them being great cars, and not 50Exactly what IGN said. 'It's the game we've been taught not to expect'. Great map, great cars, great detail, overall the game works amazingly. Only bad thing I would say is how they approach thew DLC. It's good, but only 6 cars for 400MSP is a bit bad. People complain about a small car list, but c'mon. How many games nowadays have 140 cars? With a lot of them being great cars, and not 50 odd Nissans and Hondas.
    The game was short, around 15-20 to complete, but there was still stuff to do after you finish. And that was improved apon even more with the free 1000 club expansion.
    Amazing game
  26. May 10, 2013
    Forza Horizon is an open world concept racing game that is set in Colorado and is centered around the Forza Horizon music festival. The main objective of the game is to well... race and earn wristbands and challenge other drivers. The driving handles pretty much like any other Forza title. In Forza Horizon you are able to travel on dirt roads, city streets and a highway. Graphically, theForza Horizon is an open world concept racing game that is set in Colorado and is centered around the Forza Horizon music festival. The main objective of the game is to well... race and earn wristbands and challenge other drivers. The driving handles pretty much like any other Forza title. In Forza Horizon you are able to travel on dirt roads, city streets and a highway. Graphically, the game is nothing less than breathtaking. The scenery is fantastic and the day to night transitions are beautiful. One interesting feature is the different challenges in which you can race against planes. There is a wide variety of different vehicles to choose from to keep you satisfied. All and all this is a great effort by the folks from playground games and turn 10. There are a few complaints I have with this game that are relatively minor like not truly being able to explore areas, because it is fenced off. I would consider it more of an open road game than an open world game. Weather effects would have been a great addition, travelling in the snow capped Rocky mountains with snow falling would have been fantastic. I would have liked to have seen more vehicle damage and windshield cracks when crashing head on with another driver. As people of said, it is more like a Need for Speed title, but Forza at it's core. Overall, Forza Horizon is a great addition to the Forza Motorsport series. 8/10 Expand
  27. Apr 16, 2013
    Best racing game to date, also arguably the most realistic and the best looking. Perfect combination of cars, tuning and customization, location, story, events, realism and detail. Other developers should take notes.
  28. Apr 15, 2013
    a game that should have gone under a different name, because of the Forza title I am holding it upto Forza standards, giant lack of cars on game release makes it massively lacking in the variety area compared to earlier games given massive amounts of car packs but who wants to spend more then the inital 60 when previous titles already contained more. Also game contains the Bugatti. Anya game that should have gone under a different name, because of the Forza title I am holding it upto Forza standards, giant lack of cars on game release makes it massively lacking in the variety area compared to earlier games given massive amounts of car packs but who wants to spend more then the inital 60 when previous titles already contained more. Also game contains the Bugatti. Any game that has that car without actual full blown race cars in it is ruined in my opinion, nothing can match its speed and pretty much your goal is to just get that car because once its in your possession you have the best car in the game. Lack of customization is also a issue, previous titles had much more in-depth customization that I don't feel should have been left out. This game is not a true forza game instead a cheap knock off and I do feel it can be called a knock off since its put under the Exact same title. Would be a 7 of 10 instead if it wasn't just riding the True forzas fame to get sales on a wanna be Expand
  29. Mar 27, 2013
    So first look into horizon, I'd have to say the only negative complaints are this. There's no split screen multiplayer, and the sound of some of the cars (You're reading a review from a gearhead, keep in mind) aren't very accurate. It almost appears like the FH team focused on the big, expensive cars more than the little ones. Of course, the Pagani Huayra was straight on cue, but theSo first look into horizon, I'd have to say the only negative complaints are this. There's no split screen multiplayer, and the sound of some of the cars (You're reading a review from a gearhead, keep in mind) aren't very accurate. It almost appears like the FH team focused on the big, expensive cars more than the little ones. Of course, the Pagani Huayra was straight on cue, but the smaller, slower cars aren't given as much love! Other than that, still my favorite racing game, just as good as FM 4, but in a completely different perspective. The only thing I wish I could fix is the noise and the multiplayer features. Expand
  30. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is awesome, they introcued a new side series for Free-Roam in which made users travel around the city beating Racers on the Road to earn cash and also beat the Speed Cams. A amazing game this is.
  31. Sep 6, 2013
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Forza Horizon is not simply a great racing game; it’s a great game in general. From the handling to the visuals and sound, from the tweaking to the reward system, Horizon has everything it needs to be an enjoyable time. It may lack the challenge and depth that fans of the core Forza series know and love but if you’ve admired the Forza Motorsport games from a distance (like me) then do yourself a favor and play this amazing game.
    Valiant and almost flawless effort to bring more arcade elements into the serious Forza games offers more than any other competition. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Like a real party Forza Horizon can entertain you for hours. The game offers variation in both the singleplayer and multiplayer modes and looks fantastic. The soundtrack just completes it. Despite a few flaws the franchise took a turn that proves to be good for newcomers, but also great for the fanbase. You can't miss out on this party.